Sunday, Dec 04, 2022 - 06:59:04
1000 results - (0.056 seconds)

at the time:

latest news at page 1:
    Former President Donald Trump slammed President Biden at a rally on Saturday for Republican Pennsylvania Senate candidate Mehmet Oz, in an event that featured other high-profile Republicans like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Doug Mastriano.  Trump, who's Mar-a-Lago property was recently raided by the FBI, called Biden an 'enemy of the state' who vilified anybody that voted for Trump.  He focused much of the speech on Pennsylvania's largest city of Philadelphia, where crime has spiked recently , and called on gubernatorial candidate Mastriano to work with Oz to change things.  Trump, who's Mar-a-Lago property was recently raided by the FBI, called Biden an 'enemy of the state' at a Pennsylvania rally Trump was in the state to stump for Senate candidate Dr. Oz On Thursday, Biden gave a major speech at Independence Hall in Philadelphia where he launched an incensed attack on Trump and accused him of 'destroying American democracy'. Biden also branded him - and MAGA Republicans who follow him - as 'extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic'.  Trump referenced Biden's controversial remarks on Saturday and said Philadelphia,...
    SHAPEWEAR can be a handy way of smoothing your curves and sculpting your body shape. However, some TikTokers have been going one step further and layering the undergarments. 2TikTok user Raq showed her followers the layered Skims shapewearCredit: TikTok Plus-size TikTok user Raq, who operates the account Rack City, tried on the SKIMS bodysuit and high waist sculpting underwear at the same time. "I do have two sets of Skims on right now, I have this bodysuit on and the underwear," the TikToker said. Raq layered the $20 Fits Everybody High Waisted Thong over the $62 Sculpting Thong Bodysuit. "Is that not a look though?" the TikTok user asked her followers as she modeled the look. Read More LifestyleSKIM IT I’m plus-size and was stunned at my SKIMS bodysuit…I doubt it would fit my childSKIM SCAM I tried Kim Kardashian’s SKIMS - my plus-size bodysuit was unwearable within days The contrast of the black underwear over the nude bodysuit created an interesting look. Raq even joked: "I could wear this out. Time to go to the bar." The TikToker is...
    Serena Williams joked that she intends to spend her first day post-tennis in the karaoke booth before insisting she is looking forward to exploring Serena 2.0.  The 23-time Grand Slam champion met her final match in World No. 46 Ajla Tomljanovic as she fell to defeat again the Australian in a three-set thriller 7-5 6-7 6-1 during the third round of the US Open Friday night.  Although the tennis legend will now not being taking stage on Arthur Ashe over the weekend, she revealed she will be performing in a rather different way. Karaoke tomorrow for @serenawilliams ???????? pic.twitter.com/oUjOeBJxB6— US Open Tennis (@usopen) September 3, 2022 Serena Williams joked she was going to spend the day after her US Open loss 'karaoke-ing' The 23-time Grand Slam winner suffered defeat in the third round at Flushing Meadows Williamns was defeated by world No. 46 Tomljanovic in a three-set thriller on Friday night  RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'These are happy tears': Serena Williams CRASHES OUT of the... 'She's the only reason Serena Williams existed': 23-time......
    WWE Clash at the Castle 2022 will take place from Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales on Saturday, Sept. 3. For the first time in 30 years, WWE will hold a premium live event in the United Kingdom. Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales will be the location for WWE’s Clash at the Castle event on Saturday, Sept. 3. The main event for Clash at the Castle will be Scotland’s Drew McIntyre challenging Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship. Reigns has held the Universal Title for two years, and McIntyre looks to take it away from him. There are other big matches on the show, such as Seth “Freakin'” Rollins vs. Matt Riddle in a heated grudge match, and Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss, and Asuka taking on the new stable of Bayley, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky. Here is all of the information you need to know regarding Clash at the Castle, including what time it starts, where to watch it, and what the full match card looks like.WWE Clash at the Castle 2022 start timeWWE fans, be sure to...
    Chicago Bears President and CEO Ted Phillips will retire at the end of the 2022 season, the team announced Friday morning. Phillips’ career with the Bears has spanned 40 seasons, and he has been the team president since 1999. He had a hand in hiring four general managers in that time — Jerry Angelo in 2001, Phil Emery in 2012, Ryan Pace in 2015 and Ryan Poles this year. In January, Bears Chairman George McCaskey announced Phillips’ responsibilities were changing, with his focus more on the acquisition of the former Arlington International Racecourse property and development of a potential stadium. Poles would report directly to McCaskey rather than Phillips. Now, Phillips is ending a tenure that started as a controller for the team in 1983. He also was the director of finance and the vice president of operations. The team announced that a search for his replacement is underway. “I have been truly blessed with the honor of working for the Chicago Bears for 40 seasons and look forward to leading the team through the 2022 season,” Phillips said in...
    It's no longer unfamiliar to see A-lister men embrace their more feminine side when appearing on the red carpet. Only today, Timothée Chalamet showcased his eccentric sense of style by wearing a black knitted cardigan with pink-and-orange floral designs, which he layered above a white T-shirt featuring grey prints. Attending a photocall for his new film, Bones & All, during the 79th Venice International Film Festival, the 26-year-old continued his unique look with oversized khaki camouflage shorts and shin-high black boots. But it's not only the younger male celebrities embracing more feminine looks; in July, Brad Pitt, 58, attended the Bullet Train screening in Berlin in an eye-catching, knee-length skirt. The Hollywood actor opted for a breezy ensemble, teamed the statement garment with a salmon pink button-up in a bid to overcome the scorching heat in the German capital. He also threw on a light brown cardigan and accessorised with a cluster of layered pendant necklaces. British TV and celebrity stylist Miranda Holder told FEMAIL that the 'world has had enough of rules and restrictions in all walks of life, and as always, the artform...
    HECTOR BELLERIN has arrived back at Barcelona following his transfer from Arsenal. The Spain international completed a free transfer to the La Liga giants on Thursday - ending his 11-year love affair with the Gunners. 3Barcelona announced the signing of Hector Bellerin on a free transfer on ThursdayCredit: FC BARCELONA 3The former Arsenal man was spotted at the Nou Camp on FridayCredit: FC BARCELONA 3Bellerin was a product of Barcelona's academyCredit: FC BARCELONA And the full-back was spotted arriving at the Nou Camp on Friday. Barcelona's official Twitter account tweeted a video of the 27-year-old in the stadium this afternoon. Bellerin said: "Hey Culers, I'm back in Barcelona. Visca el Barca (Long live Barca)." A Barcelona fan account shared an image of the Spain international wearing a club polo shirt with the accompanying caption: "The baby is back!" READ MORE IN SPORTArsenal transfer news Douglas Luiz third bid REJECTED, Bellerin contract TERMINATED Bellerin joined Arsenal from Barcelona's academy at the age of 16 and went on to make 239 appearances for the north Londoners. Leaving the Emirates wasn't easy for...
    (CNN)The race may have happened half a century ago, but Dave Wottle can still feel every emotion he experienced that day in Munich -- from the dejection of the first 100 meters to the charge of adrenaline when he saw his name flash up on the stadium screen two minutes later. The first wave of emotion arrived almost as soon as the crack of the starting gun had sounded and Wottle watched the other competitors pull away. Within moments, he found himself trailing -- and by some distance. "I was disheartened," Wottle tells CNN Sport as he looks back on the 800-meter final at the Munich Olympics. "I was probably a little depressed. I wasn't able to keep up with them. "That brought doubts into me, like: 'Wow, I can't believe I'm so far behind. Am I that far out of shape that I can't stay up with these guys?'"But what unfolded over the course of race is now Olympic folklore. Read MoreStride by stride, Wottle began to gain ground on the other runners, and by the end of the...
    It's happened again: another case of mistaken identity involving a celebrity who attended the U.S. Open in New York City. Earlier this week, fans mistook actress Laverne Cox for Beyoncé when the Orange Is The New Black star attended the Grand Slam tennis tournament on Monday.  Now, just two days later, ESPN commentators were listing off the various celebrities in the stands and mistook the identities of legendary singers Gladys Knight and Dionne Warwick. Whoops! ESPN commentators mistook the identities of legendary singers Gladys Knight, 78, and Dionne Warwick, 81, while scanning the crowd at Wednesday's U.S. Open match between Serena Williams and the tournament's number two seed Anett Kontaveit 'Gladys Knight!' tennis analyst Mary Carillo enthusiastically declared during the telecast for the match between Serena Williams and the tournament's number two seed player, Anett Kontaveit. Chanda Rubin, who was also calling the match for ESPN, quickly agreed. But it turns out the former top-10 professional tennis player referenced who she saw in stands, not on the TV monitor. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Laverne Cox cuts fashionable figure in...
    Serena and Venus Williams received a standing ovation as they walked out on court at the US Open for their first-round doubles match Thursday night.  The superstar sisters were given the primetime slot on Arthur Ashe after they revealed they'd be playing together via a wildcard last week. The match carries more significance than usual as it could be their final doubles match together, given Serena is set to 'evolve' away from tennis after the Grand Slam at Flushing Meadows. The sisters have joined forces in the US Open doubles draw for the first time since 2014 when they faced Lucie Hradecka and Linda Noskova. Older sister Venus should arrive well-rested after making a quiet exit from the singles draw on Tuesday but Serena may be more weary after a sensational victory over world No. 2 Anett Kontaveit in the singles competition on Wednesday. Serena and Venus Williams received a standing ovation as they walked out on court Thursday The sisters received a warm reception from the fans inside Arthur Ashe at the US Open Venus and Serena Williams receive a standing...
    She is the iconic IT girl of the nineties known for her party hard ways. And in a new interview, Kate Moss has revealed the toll her lifestyle took on her body as she claimed her adrenal glands and nervous system were 'f**ked'. The supermodel, 48, said she wanted to 'fix' them and embarked on the 12-steps to recovery programme, referencing the self-help tome, the Big Book. Long-lasting effects: Kate Moss has revealed the toll her lifestyle took on her body as she claimed her adrenal glands and nervous system were 'f**ked' During this time, Kate told Vogue: 'I learnt to look at myself, at my shortcomings and truthfully at who I am. And not be afraid. 'I started meditating every day, doing transcendental meditation, wild swimming... I tried everything [new].' RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'She said it was way too short!' Kate Moss admits her... 'He pulled it out his a**e!': Kate Moss reveals Johnny Depp... 'How does she get her socks on?': Lila Moss baffles fans as... Kim Kardashian shows off...
    The only person who could get to Jacob deGrom on Wednesday was arguably the best player in the National League. The play of the night, though, came from one of the senior circuit’s most underrated players. In the Mets’ 2-1 win over the Dodgers, the only Dodger run came from a Mookie Betts solo home run in the sixth inning. Everyone else in the Dodgers’ lineup went 2-for-24 off the two-time Cy Young winner. He struck out nine hitters and walked one, with the only two non-Betts hits going for measly singles. There would have been one more, very crushing hit, but some of the best outfield defense you’ll ever see kept that from happening. Perhaps most encouraging, the Mets left deGrom in for a full seven innings, the first time this season that he’s recorded 21 outs in a game. One of those outs, though, stands far, far above the rest. Clinging to a one-run lead in the top of the seventh inning, deGrom’s 0-1 fastball to Justin Turner caught a little too much plate. Turner whistled a line...
    Government lawyers released an image of highly classified material scattered on the floor of the office of former President Donald Trump's Florida home that also reveals a Time Magazine cover photo that forecast his future defeat. Trump, who is known to covet recognition by the magazine and scrupulously read coverage about himself, maintained a framed copy of the magazine, whose February 2019 cover proclaimed "Knock Knock.' It showed a bevy of Democratic candidates peering into the Oval Office – with then-former Vice President Joe Biden front and center. The magazine is seen among a stack of identical frames.  All around, spread out on a patterned carpet, are documents with prominent red 'TOP SECRET / SCI' markings – a very high classification level. The Justice Department released a blistering legal filing Tuesday night that included a photo of documents seized during the August 8 search of Mar-a-Lago. Seen at right is a framed Time magazine cover The government included image along with a blistering 36-page filing that recounts the months-long efforts that culminated in a subpoena in an effort to claw...
    Photos have emerged of dead animals on the roof of a Chinese market linked to Covid's origin, raising fears it has secretly re-opened. Eagle-eyed scientists have found rows of skinned beasts dangling from drying racks at the controversial Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan. The images were captured on Google Maps last December — nearly two years after the market was shut due to concerns it was a breeding ground for disease. But they only surfaced this week, raising concerns China's notorious wet markets are back to business as usual despite their pandemic-causing potential. The Huanan market — which housed dozens of exotic animals in sordid conditions — is considered one of the most likely sources of Covid. The majority of early cases visited or had links to its stalls and it was known to keep animals that can harbour the virus, including raccoon dogs, pangolins and minks. In January 2020, Chinese officials closed the market indefinitely and later that year banned the sale of wild animals for food amid mounting criticism. Dr Angela Rasmussen, an American virologist who shared the...
    An increasing number of women are taking to social media to discuss their lives as 'submissive' wives and girlfriends in a trend which has seen them ditch their jobs to look after their partners full-time. Videos on TikTok, under hashtags including #submissivewomen, #submissivewives, and #tradwives, include both men and women discussing the lifestyle, what it means to them, and why they enjoy it. Among the thousands of videos online are ones featuring US and UK housewives discussing how happy they are to have ditched feminism and replaced it with 'femininity', opting to relinquish financial independence and control, and replace them with domestic chores and subservience to their husbands and boyfriends. Well-known UK tradwife Alena Kate Pettitt, founder of lifestyle website The Darling Academy, writes on her blog that she 'learned to love [herself] and [her] feminine identity' after an early midlife crisis 'left [her] shattered emotionally and wondering why the world, despite all its opportunity made me feel so unsatisfied with [her] life, and how [her] supposed “modern and empowering” choices had destroyed [her] self-esteem'. She ditched her stressful London career for a...
    The Milwaukee Brewers took a chance on trading Josh Hader, and it seems they made the right decision by doing so. The Milwaukee Brewers traded away Josh Hader at the deadline, which was a risky decision. However, it seems to be the right one. Hader’s ERA has gotten significantly worse over the past 17 games. He went from an ERA of 2.16 to 2.78. JOSH HADER First 259 career games:74 ER525 K Next 17 career games:25 ER24 K *Hader’s career ERA has gone from 2.16 to 2.78 over his past 17 appearances — Jim Passon (@PassonJim) August 29, 2022 Hader is having the worst season of his career. He showed a lot of potential over his first five seasons and hadn’t produced a WHIP above 1.00 until this season. Over his career, he’s produced an ERA of 2.78, batting average against of .156 and WHIP of 0.93. This season, he’s had drastically different numbers with an ERA of 6.52, BAA of .250 and WHIP of 1.47. He also joined a team with better pitching stats, and he’s underperforming.Former Brewers...
    MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace won her 4 p.m. time slot on Friday, a rare win for a non-Fox News host. Wallace brought in 1.63 million total viewers on Friday as news surrounding the Trump FBI raid and the unsealed redacted supporting affidavit dominated the airwaves.  Wallace led MSNBC in total viewers for the day, outpacing all of the prime time programming. Notably, Wallace’s figure is an average of her two-hour show, Deadline: White House, from 4 to 6 p.m. Wallace topped Fox News’s Neil Cavuto at 4 p.m., who brought in 1.55 million total viewers, but lost to The Five at 5 p.m. The Five brought in some 3.06 million total viewers on Friday, making it the highest-rated show on cable news for the day. CNN landed in third place at both 4 and 5 p.m. with just over 800,000 viewers during each hour. Here is a full breakdown of Thursday’s cable news ratings by show: Total Viewers (thousands) ET FNC CNN MSNBC NEWSMAX NEWSNATION 6a FOX AND FRIENDS: 995 NEW DAY: 299 MORNING JOE: 819 CONVERSATIONS...
    EMMA RADUCANU is back in New York to defend her US Open title. Brit ace Raducanu, 19, shocked the tennis world by winning the Flushing Meadows tournament as a wild card entry last year. 2Emma Raducanu celebrates with her US Open trophy last year Though in her way first is a tough opener - world No 37 Alize Cornet. Raducanu says like she feels like a "different person" now to the 18-year-old who won the US Open last year, in only her SECOND appearance at a major. World No 11 Raducanu said: "In a lot of ways I do feel like a different person. "A lot of stuff has happened. I’m probably not going to be the same 18-year-old that is just swinging, no one knows who she is, and it’s okay to not be because I’m maturing as a player and people know my game. "It’s not the same but I’m not going to try and make it the same because you’ve got to start new.” Read more on Emma RaducanuRAD NEWS Emma Raducanu breaks down in TEARS...
    Lewis Hamilton set tongues wagging with a daring pink balaclava as he arrived at the Belgian Grand Prix in another statement outfit. The fashion-conscious Formula One ace bore a striking resemblance to a knitted tea cosy courtesy of his designer headpiece as he surveyed the track at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.  The Formula One ace, 37, crashed out of the race during the first lap on Sunday and later admitted he was at fault for a collision with Alpine driver Fernando Alonso.  But he still made an impression with his outfit, which also included a violet knitted jumper and cargo pants. Lewis Hamilton conjured images of comfortable Sunday afternoons with the grandparents ahead of the Belgium Grand Prix this weekend as he sported a knitted balaclava that looked a little bit like a tea cosy Separated at birth: Lewis Hamilton in Belgium on Saturday (L) and a knitted tea cosy (R) Lewis is known for his flamboyant style, and was seen sporting a funky blue and black Burberry kilt with a matching top and trousers at the Turkish Grand...
    Q: There are a lot of questions and concerns over power forward. Could the answer to power forward be Nikola Jovic? He has height, length and shooting. – Frank, Plantation, A: Nikola Jovic is so raw that even with the potential he showed at times during summer league, before his injury, it was highly doubtful even then that he could emerge as a rotation or even fringe rotation player. Teams in contention mode generally limit their development projects, with Omer Yurtseven seemingly being that priority this season. While Jovic is intriguing, I can’t see him claiming time in the power rotation over Bam Adebayo, Caleb Martin, Dewayne Dedmon or Omer. At times, even the experience of Udonis Haslem could prove more useful. That doesn’t mean that Nikola can’t emerge as a contributor at some point, just that there can’t be such expectations at the outset. As it is, Nikola seemingly views himself more as a perimeter player at this stage, even with his length. Q: This starting lineup needs another ballhandler, and shot creator. We saw that last year where...
    The Weeknd was most definitely up to the challenge. In fact, he made it look almost easy. The R&B-pop superstar looked as natural and as comfortable playing a big football stadium as the Rolling Stones or U2 — which is pretty much the opposite of what you’d expect from someone who has just made the leap up from arenas to embark on his first stadium tour. From the moment the lights went down, the multiplatinum-selling Canadian vocalist — whose real name is Abel Tesfaye — was able to captivate the 51,896 fans in attendance with a combination of hit songs, dance moves, sheer personality and charisma, talent and one of the most elaborate stage productions this critic has ever witnessed. The massive main stage was modeled after the city Toronto — the star’s hometown — offering up a multi-story depiction of the city’s skyline, complete with the landmark CN Tower. On the opposite side of the football field was a secondary stage erected under a giant moon. The two stages were connected by a long elevated walkway that ran, like...
    Supersonic travel is on its way back, with the airline boss behind ‘Son of Concorde’ saying his ultimate goal is to get anyone anywhere in the world in four hours. The Overture, made by Boom Supersonic, can reach speeds of 1,300mph – more than double that of the fastest commercial jets. It would mean the flying time between Miami and London could be slashed from eight hours and 45 minutes to five, and between New York and London from six-and-a-half hours to three-and-a-half. Blake Scholl, CEO of Boom Supersonic, also claimed it would mean jet-lag is confined to history – because passengers can beat any time difference. He said: ‘If a flight from San Francisco to Tokyo is cut from 12 hours to six, you can leave a whole day later. If you leave Sunday morning, you’ll get there Sunday afternoon which is Monday morning Japan time, do a day of meetings and arrive back home 24 hours after you left without any jet-lag.’ Travelling in the Overture could see the flying time between Miami and London slashed from eight...
    When I heard that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are to send their children, George, Charlotte and Louis, to Lambrook School in Berkshire, I felt an involuntary and unwelcome shudder. From a distance of several decades, I remember the establishment as a cold place of sadistic beatings, bullying, fear, cruelty and child sexual abuse. I was just seven years old when my mother suddenly announced one Christmas that I was to be sent away to school. A week or two later, she drove me up the long tree-lined drive to the imposing front door of Lambrook. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was absolutely terrified. In the car park, our battered Austin 10 was surrounded by Bentleys, Jaguars and Rolls-Royces. Then, as now, Lambrook was regarded as one of the top prep schools and a feeder for Eton, Harrow and Winchester. My schoolmates were to be the sons of aristocrats and captains of industry, and I immediately felt intimidated as I knew we weren’t well off. My father worked for the Vestey family in Brazil, and...
    No internet, no problem, as you can get free beer at the Nebraska-Northwestern game. Win or lose, you can still booze watching the Nebraska-Northwestern game over in Dublin. With internet outages at Aviva Stadium in Irish capital, the concession stands workers gave the Big Ten football fans what they wanted, which was free beer. It does not matter if they dig Guinness, Killian’s or any Irish brew, free beer is still free beer, and that is all that matters! While either the Wildcats or the Cornhuskers are going down on Saturday, at least you can drink for free. Word started to get out about the free suds being passed out in the first half of the Week 0 game. Beer/alcohol is free right now at Aviva Stadium because the internet is down ???????? Irish hospitality is top notch! #Huskers — Jake Sorensen (@937JakeSorensen) August 27, 2022 Now the concourse is packed with a sea or red and purple in need of their Irish brew daddies. The queue for alcohol at Aviva Stadium right now because everything is free due...
    Boston Bill Bill Russell’s career, which began in his junior year at the University of San Francisco, was the most remarkable in team sports history. He was a two-time All-American at USF, leading the team to two consecutive NCAA championships and a streak of 55 wins. He won a gold medal at the Olympics in 1956. During his 13-year tenure in Boston, he led the Celtics to 12 NBA Finals, winning 11 of them, including the last two as both a player and the league’s first Black coach. He was a trailblazer in the battle for human rights off the court. Russell stood next to Martin Luther King during his “I Have a Dream” speech in Washington. When Ali refused to be drafted, he was at the “Cleveland summit” of star athletes, with gridiron star and actor Jim Brown on the other side. Before Bill Russell’s incredible defensive and shot-blocking abilities, basketball was primarily an offensive sport. Russell reversed the trend, ushering in a defensive mindset that has remained a key component of championship basketball. As a result, he is...
    TUCKING into snacks while settling down in front of a film on the sofa is the perfect way to spend an evening. So it's inevitable that over the course of a few years you're going to drop a few crumbs down the sides of the furniture - especially if kids are involved. 2Isy Suttie shared a snap of the mess she found underneath her sofasCredit: Getty 2The photo shows piles of rubbish underneath where the sofa once sat, along with DVDs, toys and even stationeryCredit: Twitter/Isysuttie But one mum-of-two has told of her horror after moving her sofa for the first time in eight years - and discovering the mess that lay hidden underneath. Comedian Isy Suttie, who stars in hit TV show Peep Show, took to Twitter and shared a snap of her discovery, alongside a caption which read: “If anyone wants to feel better about your life, this is what was under our sofas when we moved them into the new house.”...
    Live from Music Row Thursday morning on The Tennessee Star Report with Michael Patrick Leahy – broadcast on Nashville’s Talk Radio 98.3 and 1510 WLAC weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. – host Leahy welcomed all-star panelist Clint Brewer in-studio to speculate how the Republican party will react to the judgment on former Speaker Glen Casada. Leahy: In-studio with all-star panelist Clint Brewer. Clint, before we get to the small-potatoes problem, that could potentially send the former Speaker of the House Glen Casada and Cade Cothren to federal prison for up to 20 years. Before we get to the small-potatoes problem, which is a big House problem, it looks like, for Glen and Cade. Want to hear something uplifting? You need something uplifting today? Brewer: Sure, Mike. Let’s hear something positive. Leahy: Daphne DeLoren. Very positive. Chief meteorologist for The Star News Network and The Tennessee Star. Daphne, what do you have for us this morning? (Daphne DeLoren clip plays) Leahy: So I don’t usually sort of get out and do fun things, but every time I listen to it, every day,...
    Serena Williams will begin her US Open swansong against Danka Kovinic, as she plays for the last time in Flushing - and overall - before her expected retirement after the tournament. Williams returned to the court in June after a year-long absence from tennis, losing in the first round of Wimbledon before also getting eliminated early in Cincinnati and Toronto. If she manages to get past Kovinic, the out-of-form Williams will face No. 2 seed Anett Kontaveit. Serena Williams' is expected to play in the US Open for the final time in this year's edition Elsewhere in the Open field, reigning women's champion Emma Raducanu will face Alize Cornet, while 2020 champ Naomi Osaka faces a tough test against No. 19 seed Danielle Collins. On the men's side reigning champion Daniil Medvedev is to play American Stefan Kozlov. Medvedev also has Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios and No. 12 seed Pablo Carreno Busta in his quarter of the bracket. Emma Raducanu will look to defend her Open crown after winning the tournament last year Meanwhile, world No. 3 Rafael Nadal will play Rinky Hijikata, while his...
    THANKS to Costco, a TikToker and budgeting expert quit buying two household essentials, saving her big bucks. Alex Mac is a money-saving mom based in Canada. 1Alex Mac has nearly 115,000 followers on TikTok The TikToker goes by the name mac.larena and has tons of videos sharing her grocery hauls, budgeting tips, and advice on how to save money while shopping. In a recent TikTok, Alex revealed a cheaper replacement to paper towels that saves her money in the long-term - reusable rags. “Paper towels are so expensive and they just end up in the garbage,” she said on TikTok. The brand she prefers is called Grab-A-Rag and comes with 75 rags per pack. Read More on Grocery ShoppingSAVVY SHOPPER I spend $50 a week on food by shopping at Aldi and Costco - my list of rulesSHOPPING RIGHT I bought the same six items at Walmart and Kroger to see which is cheapest Grab-A-Rag is a machine washable, multipurpose rag that takes the place of paper towels. The rags are soft and use microfibre technology making them useful for...
    A woman has shared her agonising experience of going through the menopause, as well as a hysterectomy, at just 27 years old. Jess Ní Mhaoláin, 30, a civil servant from Cork, Ireland, struggled in her early 20s with endometriosis, before learning she was experiencing early menopause. Further complications also meant she had no choice but to undergo a hysterectomy, which is the surgical removal of her uterus.  While all her friends were having children, Jess had to come to terms with her life-changing condition and learning she won't carry her biological children. Jess Ní Mhaoláin, 30, from Cork, Ireland, said she is still processing her emotions after going through an early menopause aged 27 and a hysterectomy to help with complications from endometriosis  The civil servant, pictured before the procedure, said she 'broke down in tears' after hearing she wouldn't be able to have children aged 27  Now she educates others via her social media, explaining what happens during the menopause as well as how it doesn't just affect women in their 50s.  Jess explained: 'I had a lot of...
    Ernest Ziegler Jr. lived life to the fullest, as evident from his many hobbies that included skydiving, motorcycle riding, fishing, boating, and scuba diving. Now loved ones are mourning the loss of the Long Island native and father of three following his death Tuesday, Aug. 16, at the age of 52, according to his obituary. Ziegler grew up in East Meadow and spent the last six years splitting his time between Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania, and Juno Beach, Florida. He was an experienced law enforcement officer, having worked as a US Border Patrol agent and officer in the New York City Police Department, his memorial said. His career also included a stint as sergeant in the Rockville Centre Police Department. “As much as he loved serving as a police officer, anyone who knew Ernie knows about his many hobbies,” reads his obituary. In addition to the aforementioned hobbies, Ziegler could often be found gardening, beekeeping, making moonshine, and spending time with his children, his memorial said. “His greatest joy in life was spending time with friends and family. He was...
    A MAN in Italy has become the first person in the world to test positive for monkeypox, coronavirus and HIV at the same time, scientists claim.   Researchers at the University of Catania say the 36-year-old tested positive for all three infections following a trip to Spain earlier this year. 2Researchers say the man tested positive monkeypox, coronavirus and HIV at the same timeCredit: Getty 2The chart above shows the different monkeypox symptoms patients may experince The man, who has not been identified, suffered from fever, a sore throat, fatigue, headache and inflammation to the groin. In total, the man spent five days in Spain from 16 to 20 June, during which he admitted to having unprotected sex with men. According to a case report published in the Journal of Infection, he tested positive for coronavirus on July 2 - three days after first experiencing symptoms. The same day he began to develop a rash on his left arm before developing small, painful vesicles on the man's torso, lower limbs, face and glutes. Read more on monkeypoxVIRAL SPREAD Warning as...
    Tommy Lee was on a 'motherf**king bender' at the time he posted an X-rated photo to Instagram. The Mötley Crüe drummer, 59, horrified fans earlier this month with a full frontal nude photo showing his penis. The musician said he got 'f**king sideways as f**k' before taking the nude snap when he opened up to fans about the image during his band's San Antonio, Texas concert on Monday.   'A bender!' Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee revealed during his San Antonio concert on Monday that he was on a 'motherf**king' bender at the time he took THAT nude snap  'A couple weeks ago, we had like a two week break off the tour and I went on a motherf**king bender, bro. A bender! I got f**king sideways as f**k and got naked and posted pictures of my d**k,' he told fans on stage.  He then encouraged male audience members to show off their own genitalia. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Pamela Anderson looks angelic as she wows in head-to-toe... Coronation Street star Duggie Brown...
    A sex expert has revealed the things she would never do in a relationship, including getting married in less than a year and waiting a set number of dates to have sex. Emily Jamea, 37, of Houston, Texas, says adhering to outdated dating rules and games, and getting lazy in a relationship are sure-fire ways to end a relationship. Emma, who lives with her husband, Sean, 48, a real estate developer, and their two children, said: 'I would never get married in under a year as you need to time evaluate yourself and the relationship. Emily Jamea, 37, (pictured with her husband Sean, 48) says adhering to outdated dating rules and games, and getting lazy in a relationship are things she would never dream of doing The sex expert from America, pictured, shared the five things she would never do in her own relationship The Jameas, pictured, are happily married with two children and live in Houston, Texas 'I think this especially important for younger couples as they will still be figuring themselves out. 'Everyone is on their best behaviour...
    An observation — or more like a quip — Pat Foley made to Chicago Cubs manager David Ross illustrated how the retired Blackhawks broadcaster resembles a fish out of water in the world of baseball. Ross said a reporter asked him Saturday about infielder Patrick Wisdom’s injured ring finger, “and (Foley) said, ‘We call that an upper-body injury,’” referring to the tendency in hockey to be cryptic when labeling injuries. “I told him you guys (baseball reporters) don’t like that and why that doesn’t fly here,” Ross said with a laugh. Foley wasn’t in the media room at the time, but he understands that probably won’t be the only culture shock he’ll experience while calling his first game at Wrigley Field during the nightcap of Tuesday’s split doubleheader against the St. Louis Cardinals. “I haven’t done a baseball broadcast in 20 years. I’ve got some butterflies,” Foley told the Tribune while scoping out the scene in the Cubs clubhouse before Sunday’s series finale against the Milwaukee Brewers. Tuesday’s plan is for Foley to split time between the radio and TV...
    The contents of Prince Harry's forthcoming tell-all memoir still remain a mystery, including to the Royal family who will get to read the book at the same time as the public. Sources allege neither Prince Charles nor Prince William, or their attorneys and advisers, have been given the opportunity to preview any parts of the manuscript. The family also has received no specific information about when the expected publication date of the hotly anticipated book. Publisher Penguin Random House has previously said it is aiming for the book to be out in time for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. The Prince of Wales reportedly hoped his team would have been sent a copy of the book ahead of its publication, sources close to the royal confirmed to The Telegraph. However, the insiders noted the tome is 'unlikely to be on his reading list.' Harry and ghostwriter JR Moehringer apparently finished the book earlier this summer and the final manuscript has been signed off by lawyers, it was revealed last month.  The book is widely anticipated to showcase Harry's memories of his mother Diana, Princess...
    MILLIONS of Brits will know how frustrating it is to wake in the middle of the night and struggle to get back to sleep. Stress and anxiety, bad neighbours, a baby's arrival or a partner's snoring can often be blamed for a restless night. 1A condition called sleep apnoea may be responsible for restless nights - and it's worth a visit to the GPCredit: Getty But those left baffled after waking at the same time every evening may have something more serious going on with their health. While a repeated - and unwanted - 2.30am wake-up time may be caused simply by your own circadian rhythms, it can be an indicator of a medical condition. Sleep apnoea is when your breathing stops and starts while you sleep. Brits who suffer from it may make gasping, snorting or choking noises, wake up frequently or snore loudly. Read more on healthTAKE CONTROL I’m a doctor - here’s how mapping your period could be the secret to sleepHOLD UP The 12 simple mistakes you're making everyday that can HARM your health The...
    A mother who almost died battling COVID-19 reunited with her three children at home for the first time this month after being treated in the hospital for more than a year.  Jazmin Kirkland, 34, from Bells, Texas, spent months in a medically induced coma and was on a ventilator for nearly a year as she fought for her life in multiple hospitals and acute care facilities.  When she arrived home after being discharged from the Texoma Medical Center in Denison on August 9, 2022, her two-year-old son didn't recognize her outside of the hospital. 'He was one when I went into the hospital and he sees the hospital as, that's mom's house,' Kirkland told Good Morning America. 'He was confused. He didn't recognize me because I wasn't in my PJs or my hospital gown.' Jazmin Kirkland, 34, from Bells, Texas, reunited with her three children at home for the first time this month after battling COVID-19 in the hospital for more than a year  Kirkland spent months in a medically induced coma and was on a ventilator for nearly a year after contracting...
    A Weymouth store got a violently fast remodel this week after a truck and car crashed through the front of the building.  The crash happened Thursday afternoon, Aug. 18, when a truck careened off the road and into a parked car in front of Lynn's Variety store on Washington Street, WCVB reported. The impact caused the truck and car to crash through the front of the building.  Reports said three people were inside when the crash happened, but none were hurt. Officials told the news station that the truck driver had a medical emergency and that caused him to swerve into the building.  The damage to the 915 Washington St. street store left the building structurally unsound, WCVB said. Engineers were working late Thursday to sure up the structure.  Police have not released an update on the man's condition. 
    London (CNN Business)Estimating just how catastrophic climate change will be for the global economy has historically proven challenging. But this summer, it's increasingly evident how quickly costs can pile up.Extreme heat and drought conditions are battering the United States, Europe and China, compounding problems for workers and businesses at a time when economic growth is already slowing sharply and adding to upward pressure on prices. In China's Sichuan province, all factories have been ordered shut for six days to conserve power. Ships carrying coal and chemicals are struggling to make their usual trips along Germany's Rhine river. And people living on America's West Coast have been asked to use less electricity as temperatures soar.These events "have the capacity to be quite significant for the particular regions that are affected," said Ben May, director of global macro research at Oxford Economics. The extent of the pain could depend on how long the heatwaves and lack of rain last. But in countries like Germany, experts warn there's little relief in sight, and companies are preparing for the worst.A barge passes exposed rocks...
    On Tuesday, President Joe Biden interrupted his summer vacation to return to the White House and celebrate passage of the Inflation Reduction Act - which he hailed as one of the most significant laws in our history.' After five and a half hours he was on his way again, this time traveling by Marine One to his upscale lakeside home outside Wilmington, Delaware. Seasoned Biden watchers were not surprised. Just as he did when he was a senator and vice president, the 79-year-old president is proving himself a creature of habit and escaping home to Delaware whenever he can. Since taking the White House as his official residence, he has still traveled home 49 times - spending 150 full or part days in the state - according to a tally kept by former CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller. That puts him way ahead of his immediate predecessors, even Donald Trump who was frequently criticized for flying to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida during the winter or his New Jersey golf club in summer. By Knoller's count, at this stage...
    Another record was set over the weekend when Customs and Border Protection's migrant encounter tracker for Fiscal Year 2022 surpassed the 2 million mark for the first time in U.S. history, according to reports. CBP sources told Fox News that the migrant encounters hit 2,001,034 this weekend, with the majority of the fourth quarter left to go. It comes after the agency released figures for July that showed encounters reaching below 200,000 for the first month since February. It was also the second consecutive month that saw a decline in encounters following four months in a row of increases. At this point in Fiscal Year 2021, encounter figures were at 1,277,177 – more than 700,000 less than the same point this year. Meanwhile, buses full of migrants continue to offload at New York City's Port Authority on Wednesday as Texas Governor Greg Abbott goes forward with an initiative sending illegal immigrants out of his state to major U.S. cities. Commissioner of Immigrant Affairs Miguel Castro received the migrants arriving in the Big Apple from Texas on Wednesday morning. Customs and...
    An American tourist in his 70s has died at a Sandals resort in the Bahamas from COVID-related symptoms, three months after three other tourists from the U.S. were killed by carbon monoxide at the same retreat.  A spokesperson for the Royal Bahamas Police Force said a preliminary investigation was underway, although no foul play is suspected. It is believed that the man had recently tested positive for COVID-19, local authorities told NBC News.  'Subsequently, he self quarantined,' Bahamian police shared in a a statement. The man's official cause of death, however, has not yet been publicly shared.  'The body of the deceased is expected to be flown to New Providence where an autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death,' the statement further read. The tourist was staying at the Sandals Emerald Bay Resort in Great Exuma, according to local authorities. His death is the fourth time that an American tourist has died at the retreat in less than 3 many months.  An American male in his 70s who was self quarantining after testing positive at the Sandals...
    Zoe Kravitz has expressed regret for publicly denouncing Will Smith after he slapped Chris Rock onstage at the Oscars in March. At the time, Zoe, 33, posted an Instagram picture of herself at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party and wrote: 'and here is a picture of my dress at the party after the award show -where we are apparently screaming profanities and assaulting people on stage now.' However, in a new interview, she told the Wall Street Journal: 'I’m torn about what to say right now, because I’m supposed to just talk about it; I have very complicated feelings around it. I wish I had handled that differently. And that’s okay.' Rethinking: Zoe Kravitz has expressed regret for publicly denouncing Will Smith after he slapped Chris Rock onstage at the Oscars in March; pictured on Oscar night Zoe added: 'It’s a scary time to have an opinion or to say the wrong thing or to make controversial art or statements or thoughts or anything.' She continued: 'It’s mostly scary because art is about conversation. That should, in my opinion, always be the...
    (CNN)More human skeletal remains were discovered at Lake Mead's Swim Beach area Monday night, officials said, marking the third time authorities have reported finding remains at the beach amid the lake's rapidly receding shoreline. So far this year, authorities have recovered human remains at the lake five times, three of which have been at Swim Beach. It's unclear whether the three discoveries at Swim Beach are all from one person or separate individuals. The Clark County coroner has been working to determine if the first two Swim Beach discoveries, which were both partial remains, are from the same person, a county spokesperson told CNN.National Park Service rangers responded to Swim Beach at about 8 p.m. Monday night and worked with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's dive team to set a perimeter to recover the remains, the park service said in a news release. The Clark County coroner was also contacted.Officials reveal new details about the 3 sets of human remains found at Lake MeadCNN has reached out to Clark County officials for more information and has not heard back....
    ONE of Elvis' exes says she's convinced The King regularly visits her from beyond the grave, claiming that strange blue orbs appeared and lights flickered during a spiritual event she held for the anniversary of his death. Mindi Miller, a former model and actress who briefly dated Elvis in 1975, has been hosting spiritual sermons at the TigerMan Dojo in Memphis, Tennessee, during the annual Elvis Week celebrations marking 45 years since his death. 15Mindi Miller spoke to The U.S. Sun about the time she spent with The KingCredit: Alex Kent for The US Sun 15Miller was a 24-year-old when she met Elvis in Los Angeles, CaliforniaCredit: Getty 15Today, Mindi believes the spirit of Elvis visits her from time to time - most recently at a spiritual event inside his old karate dojoCredit: Alex Kent for The US Sun The 72-year-old told The U.S. Sun in an exclusive interview that Elvis is never far from her mind - and, so she claims, never far from her in spirit either. "He has come to me many times," claimed Mindi. "One of...
    A FIRST-TIME lottery player bought a scratchcard and scooped a huge prize, defying odds of three million to one. An 18-year-old boy, from Maryland, won $50,000 on a Show Me $100,000 ticket that his dad had bought. 1A first-time lottery player scooped a $50,000 prize after winning on a scratchcard (stock)Credit: Getty The ticket was purchased from a store in Laurel and the youngster was left stunned when he won the prize. The winner, who hasn't been identified, told Maryland Lottery: “I was confused and surprised at the same time. I really didn’t know that I was a winner.” There are more than 776,000 prize-winning scratchcards in circulation and the odds of winning a prize is 1 in 3.77. This means that the lottery player defied odds of three million to one. read more lottery storiesON THE HUNT I won on two scratchcard tickets in my state’s $5million lotteryHUGE LOSS I won the biggest ever lottery but lost my $83m fortune after trusting a lawyer The boy’s dad has yet to win a prize when playing the lottery. The teen...
    (CNN)As Cody Simpson stood behind the starting blocks at his first Olympic swimming trials last year, the experience felt completely new but also strangely familiar. With a big crowd watching on and fans chanting his name, it transported him back to the thick of his music when he was regularly performing in front of thousands of people and making live TV appearances. "I've had the experience of having to get up and do things in front of lots and lots of people that I cared about the outcome," says Simpson. "I knew how to deal with it more than let it ruin me in that moment, I suppose."It's now approaching three years since Simpson turned his focus away from his music and towards competitive swimming. In that time, his progress has been fast. He hadn't expected to make the finals of the Olympic trials for the Tokyo Games, nor had he envisaged earning a place on the Australian team off the back of two years of training. Read More"I didn't ease into it really, we weren't cautious about trying to...