Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Saturday, Feb 04, 2023 - 18:24:41
207 results - (0.004 seconds)

a great quarterback:

latest news at page 1:
    What is the Insurrection Act and how could Trump use it? White House counsel and Barr warned Trump not to self-pardon Super Bowl setting up to be a clash of the quarterback generations, and thats great for the NFL This year’s Super Bowl is likely to turn into one of those Progressive Insurance commercials about saving new homeowners from becoming their parents.  If you ever had a MySpace page, you’re the starting quarterback from the NFC. If you don’t know what a landline is, you’re from the AFC.  The big game may turn out to be a clash for the ages. It’s nearly guaranteed to be a clash of the ages, with the NFL’s marked quarterback age-gap nicely split between the conferences that represent each side of the bracket. In the AFC, it’s a new-school, schoolyard brawl featuring Kansas City (Patrick Mahomes, 25 years old) against Cleveland (Baker Mayfield, 25) while Buffalo (Josh Allen, 24) takes on Baltimore (Lamar Jackson, 24). The winners meet for a Super Bowl appearance. In the NFC, it’s an old folks fight between Tampa...
    Bernie Kosar is trying to get Browns fans pumped as they make their grand return to the postseason. The Cleveland Browns made the playoffs for the first time in almost two decades, as Baker Mayfield improved from a six-win team to an 11-win beast that routinely took down some of the best teams in the league. Bernie Kosar was the quarterback in Cleveland the last time they were a perennial playoff team, and he’s leading the charge in getting Browns fans excited for tonight. Before the Browns take on the rival Pittsburgh Steelers in the postseason, Kosar put out a brief video on his Twitter account thanking Browns fans for their loyalty and urging them to get fired up before Cleveland’s first playoff game in almost 20 years. The @Browns Asked Me To Share A Message To The Team Prior To Tonight’s Game. Browns Nation Is With You Guys U Matter ???? Go Browns pic.twitter.com/ujWsz2Tpbp — Bernie Kosar (@BernieKosarQB) January 10, 2021 Baker Mayfield is playing like the best quarterback Cleveland has had since Bernie KosarKosar was Marty Schottenheimer’s preferred...
    Jets general manager Joe Douglas opened the door Tuesday to the chance the team will trade quarterback Sam Darnold. Douglas praised Darnold but stopped short of committing to him as the team’s quarterback in 2021. “We’ve got a lot of decisions to make,” Douglas said. “I think that Sam’s going to be a great quarterback. I’m excited to get a head coach in here, go through our process. I had a great conversation with Sam yesterday. I won’t go into the specifics, but I think Sam has a very bright future in this league. … I’m excited about Sam.” It was a departure from October 2019, when Douglas said Darnold was the only untouchable player on the team’s roster and he would listen to trade offers for anyone else. But Douglas and the Jets now face a major decision at quarterback on whether to stick with Darnold, who had a terrible season, and try to prop him up with better talent around him or trade Darnold and select a quarterback with the No.-2 overall pick in April’s draft. Douglas won’t...
    More On: new york jets Where Jets can look for some coaching motivation Jets’ interest in Giants coordinator has his players worried Ageless running back knows what Jets need as he mulls his own future Final 2020 NFL Power Rankings Jets general manager Joe Douglas opened the door Tuesday to the chance the team will trade quarterback Sam Darnold. Douglas praised Darnold but stopped short of committing to him as the team’s quarterback in 2021. “We’ve got a lot of decisions to make,” Douglas said. “I think that Sam’s going to be a great quarterback. I’m excited to get a head coach in here, go through our process. I had a great conversation with Sam yesterday. I won’t go into the specifics, but I think Sam has a very bright future in this league. … I’m excited about Sam.” It was a departure from October 2019, when Douglas said Darnold was the only untouchable player on the team’s roster and he would listen to trade offers for anyone else. But Douglas and the Jets now face a major decision...
    Getty Giants QB Daniel Jones (L) & Browns QB Baker Mayfield (R) Baker Mayfield is no stranger when it comes to critical takes of New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones. Most notably, he was quoted by GQ questioning Big Blue’s decision to pull the trigger on the former Duke Blue Devil in the 2019 NFL Draft. Quotes which Mayfield admittedly proclaims were taken out of context, later reaching out to Jones to “clear the air.” Misquoted or not, Mayfield would be far from the first person to have their doubts about the much-maligned selection of Jones. Yet, while the jury is still out on whether or not Jones can become the franchise quarterback the Giants so desperately need, Mayfield believes he’s well on his way. ALL the latest Giants news straight to your inbox! Subscribe to the Heavy on Giants newsletter here! Sign up for the Heavy on Giants Newsletter! Mayfield Praises Daniel Jones, Takes Friendly Jab“Because we’re playing their division this year, seeing more of his stuff on tape just from studying our film,’’ Mayfield told reporters...
    Tom Brady is the NFL’s winningest quarterback in history. With over 250 wins under his belt, it’s safe to say, Brady knows a thing or two about winning a football game. The same, unfortunately, cannot be said about Josh Rosen. Drafted back in 2018 as the 1oth overall pick by the Arizona Cardinals, Rosen has failed to live up to the expectations. Now signed with Tampa’s practice team, Rosen is part of the squad of QBs Brady trains with. Rosen, only 23, still has time on his side. And who better to learn the craft of quarterback from than Tom Brady. While interacting with the media on Thursday, Brady talked about how his fellow quarterbacks and Rosen’s role in the team. COVID limiting interactions Brady said that due to the strict COVID guidelines, interactions with teammates have been fairly limited. The need for such protocols is necessary as seen with the recent surge of Coronavirus cases in the NFL. Recently, Buccaneers’ running back Ronald Jones was put on the COVID Reserve list. ALSO READ- Tom Brady on How COVID Has Affected...
    Getty Carson Wentz could be an interesting quarterback option for the Niners. As Carson Wentz has grown out of favor with the Philadelphia Eagles, the San Francisco 49ers are a potential landing spot for the former Pro Bowl quarterback. NBC Sports’ Chris Simms is close with 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan and believes Wentz would be a great fit in San Francisco. Simms recently noted that both the Niners offense and Wentz could use a reset to turn things around. “I think you put him with Shanahan, and he doesn’t have to do everything on every play, I think that could work and work really, really well,” Simms told NBC Sports Bay Area. Wentz signed a contract extension last offseason that officially begins in 2021, and acquiring the Eagles quarterback does not come without its risks. Wentz signed a four-year, $128 million contract but there is a potential out in 2022, per Spotrac. The Philly quarterback is slated to have a $15.4 million salary next season along with a much bigger cap hit, and that is...
    After doing little wrong in his first two starts, Wisconsin quarterback Graham Mertz couldn’t do much right in his last appearance. That puts the redshirt freshman in an unfamiliar position as he tries to bounce back from a loss for the first time in his career Saturday when the 18th-ranked Badgers (2-1, No. 16 College Football Playoff ) host No. 10 Indiana (5-1, No. 12 CFP) Mertz threw three interceptions and lost a fumble in a 17-7 loss at Northwestern . Now he faces an Indiana defense that has picked off 16 passes, the most of any Football Bowl Subdivision team. “I think they feed off of each other,” Mertz said. “I think they do a great job of getting to the quarterback. We’ve got to have a great plan for that. They do a great job of hiding their blitzes and then bringing them post-snap. For us, it’s trying to find those little things to identify it.” That means plenty of film study for a guy who already is an expert in that regard. Mertz raised plenty of...
    Two teenagers dead after Black Friday mall shooting in California AOCs Among Us stream on Twitch nets $200K for coronavirus relief Jerry Jeudy had great reaction to Broncos quarterback situation Jerry Jeudy had a great reaction to the Denver Broncos’ quarterback situation. © Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY Sports Jerry Jeudy had a great reaction to the Denver Broncos’ quarterback situation. The Broncos learned on Saturday that all four of their quarterbacks would not be allowed to play in the team’s Week 12 game against the New Orleans Saints. Jeff Driskel tested positive for COVID-19, and all three other quarterbacks were deemed high-risk contacts. After that news emerged, Jeudy sent a great tweet saying he would have to do his best Lamar Jackson impression. Guess ima have to get my Lamar Jackson on — Jerry Jeudy⁴ (@jerryjeudy) November 28, 2020 Jeudy is a rookie wide receiver and joked about making the switch to quarterback for the game, which would be fun to see. Jeudy has 37 catches for 589 yards and two touchdowns this season. Instead, the Broncos actually do...
    Aaron Rodgers has been one of the most consistent fantasy quarterbacks this season.The Green Bay Packers are the presumptive favorites to win the NFC North this year and may very well represent the NFC in Super Bowl 55 down in Tampa, Florida. Their toughest test in the division has to be the Chicago Bears going forward because of their feisty defense. Will quarterback Aaron Rodgers have a top-eight quarterback fantasy performance vs. Chicago? The Fantasy Footballers recognize how strong of a fantasy player Rodgers has been all season. This has been a terrific year for him from a fantasy football perspective. Only twice has he been below a top-eight fantasy quarterback this season. Those games can in that disaster vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and vs. the division rival Detroit Lions when Aaron Jones took over. Check out The Fantasy Footballers for all their advice.With the game being at home, that may tip the scales in Rodgers and Green Bay’s favor here. However, the Bears routinely play in low-scoring games because of their menacing defense and their bottom-of-the-barrel offense. Rodgers...
    JT Daniels’ first game for Georgia football has us questioning Kirby Smart’s judgment.Health is the only reason Kirby Smart could have kept JT Daniels out of the starting lineup. In the latter part of November, the Georgia Bulldogs saw something they had not witnessed since 2013 when Aaron Murray was their star quarterback: A 400-yard passer. A lack of a vertical passing game has been the biggest reason the Dawgs have not won a national championship under Smart. While he is a defensive-minded coach, how could he not start Daniels from the jump if he was healthy??? Just your average 40-yard touchdown pass. Dawgs lead it 31-24. Catch all the action on the @SECNetwork:https://t.co/c05DLo6wfF pic.twitter.com/mRERXPfET3 — Georgia Bulldogs (@UGAAthletics) November 22, 2020 Georgia has its quarterback in JT Daniels, but Kirby Smart ruined the seasonUltimately, we may never know. Daniels did tear his ACL in the first week of the 2019 season playing for the USC Trojans. Obviously, you want a player of Daniels’ talent to get healthy and not rush back from such a devastating injury. However, Georgia would...
    Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs‘ quarterback, has been in form with a passing range of 4,777 yards, 44 passing touchdowns, and 2 interceptions. No quarterback in the NFL history has thrown over 40 touchdowns with less than 5 interceptions in the same season. Patrick Mahomes, in his very first NFL season in 2018, won the MVP in which he achieved 50 touchdowns and 12 interceptions with a complete throw range of 5,097 throws. Many analysts and NFL pundits decided that it would be difficult for any NFL player to match this score, especially not the rookies. Mahomes has notched 25 touchdowns and only 1 interception over the course of 9 games. His rating as a quarterback stands at a solid 115.9. This is Mahomes first 40 games compared to other QB best 40 game stretch in each category. For example, the 97 TD for Brady happened during a different stretch than his 12,393 yards. https://t.co/v8vQM4HXxv pic.twitter.com/CZf8t1r0I5 — Austin Chapman (@chapcrap) October 6, 2020 Mahomes’ performance in the first 40 games of his career was at par with the best 40...
    BYU junior quarterback Zach Wilson is projected to be a top 10 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. So far this college football season, Wilson has a 75.1 completion percentage with 2,512 passing yards, 22 touchdowns, and two interceptions. He also has eight touchdowns, leading No. 9 BYU to a perfect 8-0 record, and its highest ranking since 2009. BYU PLAYERS JOIN BOISE STATE AT MIDFIELD FOR TEAM PRAYER: 'WE’RE NOT GOING TO TURN THAT DOWN' CBS Sports has Wilson going No. 9 to the New England Patriots in their latest mock draft. “I actually didn’t see that one,” Wilson said Thursday on The Zach Gelb Show. “I don’t see a lot of that stuff, but that’s cool. If that’s the team that wants me, shoot, I’ll give it everything I have. NCAA VOICES CONCERN ON STUDENT-ATHLETE PERFORMANCE BETS "Even if Cam [Newton] was still there when I went in for that situation, what a great quarterback to learn from. What a great guy to sit behind and experience the way that he has experienced the game and learn from...
    ESM EXCLUSIVE: Football veteran Sean Salisbury on the modern game By: Geoff Magliocchetti November 11, 2020 ShareTweetFlipRedditFormer NFL quarterback and current analyst Sean Salisbury has been in the game for decades. He spoke with ESM about the game’s modern affairs. (Special thanks to Pickswise for making this interview possible) Former professional quarterback Sean Salisbury has worked alongside several renowned teammates. He was protected by future NFL Hall-o-Fame Bruce Matthews during his freshman season at the University of Southern California. He, Roger Craig, and Cris Carter were part of the Minnesota Vikings’ offense in the early 1990s. But perhaps the most fun Salisbury has had in his career came with a more-or-less fictional teammate…Adam Sandler. After a decade in professional football, Salisbury made a return to the national spotlight at the turn of the century through an analyst and contributors’ role on ESPN’s NFL coverage. A trip from Bristol to Hollywood later came when Sandler began production on his 2005 remake of The Longest Yard, as Salisbury was called upon to oversee...
    Getty Bill Belichick The New England Patriots absorbed a painful loss on Sunday to the Buffalo Bills 24-21 with Cam Newton fumbling on the decisive play. However, head coach Bill Belichick isn’t making a change at QB now, or perhaps for the remainder of the season. Follow the Heavy on Patriots Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors, and content!“Cam’s Our Quarterback, That’s the Way it’s Been All Year”Just as he did after the Week 7 loss, Belichick quickly stamped out any potential QB controversy. When asked if he was considering a change at quarterback, he said quickly: “Cam’s our quarterback. That’s the way it’s been all year.”Cam Was Better This WeekNewton played far better on Sunday than he did in each of the last two games. His stats weren’t all that impressive (15-25 for 174 yards and nine rushes for 54 yards and a TD), but his throws looked crisper, and he was a bit more decisive with the ball. He made some plays with his legs as well and was in the midst of making...
    Getty Russell Wilson voiced his support for the Seahawks signing Antonio Brown. With the Antonio Brown rumors heating up, Russell Wilson fielded several questions about his desire for the Seattle Seahawks to land the wide receiver. Wilson discussed his growing relationship with Brown which the Seahawks quarterback noted started “four or five years” ago. The Seahawks quarterback has found himself under fire for supporting Brown given his off-the-field issues. Wilson admitted he did not know how close the Seahawks are to potentially signing Brown but offered his opinion for why he wants the receiver to get another opportunity. “I don’t know what’s going to happen with him or not,” Wilson explained at his Week 7 press conference. “I don’t know how serious it is, us getting him or not, but I do know obviously he can play some football. I think that’s the thing, I’ve developed a relationship personally with him. Not everybody is perfect, that’s just the reality, none of us are. Hopefully, he gets to play football again.” ALL the latest Seahawks news straight...
    (CBS4) – On the New England Patriots’ final offensive play against the Denver Broncos with 1 minute and 3 seconds remaining in the game on fourth-and-10, Broncos head coach Vic Fangio called a double-safety blitz. The play call was successful as Cam Newton’s pass fell incomplete giving the Broncos the 18-12 road win. Damien Harris #37 of the New England Patriots runs the ball against Alexander Johnson #45 of the Denver Broncos. (Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images) “It was one that we had never run before and that I had never run before in my career, but we put it in and I called it there,” Fangio said on Sunday after the game. “I just decided that this was the time to do it. This was the week to put it in plus it was the time for us to do it as our package evolves here.” Broncos safety Justin Simmons called it “very Vic-esque.” “I remember the Browns game last year at home he called a safety blitz and we hadn’t called it the whole game, but we had...
    The regression was almost inevitable after Patrick Mahomes put up record-setting numbers during his first season as the Kansas City Chiefs' starting quarterback, highlighted by nearly 5,100 yards passing and 50 touchdown throws. At least, a regression in raw statistics. Much to the chagrin of fantasy football fans, though, games are not won and lost purely on numbers. And there are plenty of reasons to believe that Mahomes has actually progressed since his second year in the league, and taken an especially big jump since last season, when he merely led the Chiefs to their first Super Bowl championship in five decades. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM He's making better decisions, throwing just one interception through their first six games. He is trusting his instincts rather than his arm, running for a bunch of first downs when his wide receivers are covered. And he's shown the maturity needed to check down to secondary targets when the big, downfield throws to Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce that had been the early hallmark of his career are...
    By DAVE SKRETTA, AP Sports Writer KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The regression was almost inevitable after Patrick Mahomes put up record-setting numbers during his first season as the Kansas City Chiefs' starting quarterback, highlighted by nearly 5,100 yards passing and 50 touchdown throws. At least, a regression in raw statistics. Much to the chagrin of fantasy football fans, though, games are not won and lost purely on numbers. And there are plenty of reasons to believe that Mahomes has actually progressed since his second year in the league, and taken an especially big jump since last season, when he merely led the Chiefs to their first Super Bowl championship in five decades. He's making better decisions, throwing just one interception through their first six games. He is trusting his instincts rather than his arm, running for a bunch of first downs when his wide receivers are covered. And he's shown the maturity needed to check down to secondary targets when the big, downfield throws to Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce that had been the early hallmark of...
    Minnesota governor activates national guard following developments in George Floyd case This Adored Regional Buffet Chain Just Closed All 13 Locations Chiefs quarterback Mahomes continues to progress with time KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The regression was almost inevitable after Patrick Mahomes put up record-setting numbers during his first season as the Kansas City Chiefs' starting quarterback, highlighted by nearly 5,100 yards passing and 50 touchdown throws. © Provided by Associated Press Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, left, outruns Buffalo Bills' Darryl Johnson during the second half of an NFL football game, Monday, Oct. 19, 2020, in Orchard Park, N.Y. (AP Photo/Jeffrey T. Barnes) At least, a regression in raw statistics. Much to the chagrin of fantasy football fans, though, games are not won and lost purely on numbers. And there are plenty of reasons to believe that Mahomes has actually progressed since his second year in the league, and taken an especially big jump since last season, when he merely led the Chiefs to their first Super Bowl championship in five decades. He's making better decisions, throwing...
    Aaron Rodgers-led Green Bay Packers entered their Week Six clash against Tampa Bay Buccaneers as clear favorites. They were on a four-game winning streak heading into Sunday’s tie. However, things did not go as per plan for the Packers. Tom Brady’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers registered a mammoth 38-10 win against the Packers at the Raymond James Stadium on Sunday. This was the Packers’ first loss of the season. Aaron Rodgers, in particular, had a dismal outing on the weekend. He threw for 160 yards with zero TDs and two interceptions. Rodgers was also sacked four times, twice by long-time rival Ndamukong Suh. But despite a disappointing outing against the Buccaneers, Rodgers is not ready to press the ‘panic button’ just yet. ALSO READ – Popular Sportscaster Claims ‘Aaron Rodgers Had the Worst Game of his Career’ Aaron Rodgers not thinking too much about Tampa Bay Buccaneers loss “You gotta play like it every week if you want to be the best team in the NFL. Myself & our squad didn’t & I think it can be a good thing. ...
    Jon Gruden’s Las Vegas Raiders pulled off a surprise win against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week Five. Derek Carr and Co. registered a major upset as they beat the reigning champions by a 32-40 scoreline at the Arrowhead Stadium last weekend. The win against the Chiefs marked their third win of the season, breaking a streak of 2 losses. However, a certain Las Vegas Raiders star is of the opinion that the best is yet to come. ALSO READ- “We’ve Got to Be Better” – Bills Quarterback Josh Allen Not Sulking After Recent Loss Johnathan Abram heaps praise on Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen Las Vegas Raiders’ safety, Johnathan Abram, spoke about Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen on a recent SiriusXM Radio episode. Here’s what he said about Allen, who led the Bills to a 30-23 win over the Raiders in Week Four. Oct 4, 2020; Paradise, Nevada, USA; Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen (17) gestures against the Las Vegas Raiders in the second quarter at Allegiant Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports “I ain’t gonna lie, he (Josh...
    Dak Prescott shared a video on Instagram for his 2 million followers in order to update them on the current status of his injury. The Dallas Cowboy’s quarterback suffered a compound fracture as well as the dislocation of his right ankle, which will cause him to miss the entire rest of the 2020 NFL season, according to a report from CBS Sports. The 27-year-old’s injury happened in Dallas’ game against the New York Giants. In the third quarter, he rushed for nine yards until he was tackled by a Giants defensive back. Dak knew immediately that he was hurt, and was later carted off the field as tears rushed down his face.   Tom Pennington / Getty Images In the short film that Dak posted, he reassured his fans that he was doing well, and was looking forward to the process of recovering and growing from the situation. He also used the social media platform to express his gratitude for all support he has gotten since the injury occurred. “I can’t thank you enough for your love, your support,...
    Jimmy Garoppolo is back under center for the San Francisco 49ers. According to Adam Schefter, head coach Kyle Shanahan announced Friday that Jimmy G would start against the Dolphins this Sunday after getting hurt back in September. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) 49ers’ HC Kyle Shanahan said QB Jimmy Garoppolo will start Sunday vs. Dolphins. — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 9, 2020 This is great news for the 49ers and their fans. While everyone wanted to believe Nick Mullens was a serviceable backup, he got cooked against the Eagles when he tossed two interceptions. Luckily, that issue is behind the 49ers because Jimmy G is back to slinging it for San Francisco. If Jimmy G is healthy and playing well, then we all know the 49ers can be the real deal. After all, they’re a season removed from playing in the Super Bowl. There’s no doubt at all they have the tools to win with Jimmy G under center. However, if he’s off the field, as we witnessed against the Eagles, the 49ers...
    The Pac-12’s annual preseason media event took the form of webinar on Wednesday, with each head coach answering questions for approximately 25 minutes. The Hotline monitored the proceedings. Here are comments that jumped out over the six hours … *** Arizona coach Kevin Sumlin, who tested positive for Covid-19, on his health: “We’ll see where we are at the end of the week. I don’t have symptoms; neither does my son … The lesson is, this thing is serious. You cannot be too careful. You just can’t.” *** UCLA coach Chip Kelly on having Covid-19 in the spring: “The biggest thing is, I’m still not really sure how we got it. That’s the one thing about the virus. You hear about super-spreader events and non-social distancing, but you don’t have to be exposed that way. You can be exposed in other ways. I had one day where I felt like I had a cold. My wife was a little longer. It’s something we all have to take very seriously. One thing I learned during this process is you can get...
    Most states are seeing a rise in COVID-19 cases Americas Favorite Restaurant-Bar Chain Is Going Bankrupt 2021 NFL mock draft: Trevor Lawrence and the great QB debate Ever since he carved up the Alabama defense in the national title game to finish off his freshman season, Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence has been destined for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. © Provided by Draft Wire But the way the draft order is setting up in the early going, next year’s top pick could easily land with a team that might not be ready to give up on the young quarterback they already have. There are four winless teams left after Week 4, and with the Houston Texans’ pick currently residing with the Miami Dolphins, the Atlanta Falcons are the only one in the group that hasn’t spent a top-10 pick on a quarterback in the last three years. The Dolphins just spent a top-pick on Tua Tagovailoa, the New York Giants spent the No. 6 pick in 2019 on Daniel Jones, and the New York...
    Plays like this make us wish Allen Robinson played somewhere else. The Chicago Bears are the latest team to not get the most out of Allen Robinson‘s talent. From Christian Hackenberg in college with the Penn State Nittany Lions, to Blake Bortles on the Jacksonville Jaguars, to Mitchell Trubisky and now Nick Foles on the Bears, if we could give Robinson a hug for being subjected to such routinely horrendous quarterback play, we so would. Just look at the cool stuff he does when you throw him the ball. He needs a better quarterback. We don’t deserve Allen Robinson pic.twitter.com/ATn06t5Sw5 — PFF (@PFF) October 4, 2020 If Allen Robinson played with a Pro Bowl quarterback, he’d be a Hall of FamerRobinson has swiftly taken the torch from the recently retired Brandon Marshall as the best wide receiver who can never have a great quarterback spiraling him the ball. Marshall amassed 970 receptions for 12,351 yards and 83 touchdowns in 13 NFL seasons without great quarterback play. Yes, he briefly played with Eli Manning and Drew Brees, but that was...
    Getty Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky Could newly-benched Chicago Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky see a Taysom Hill-like role in his future? One Bears legend hopes so. On this week’s episode of the Hamp, O’B and Koz podcast, Hall of Fame defensive lineman Dan Hampton floated the idea of Trubisky still being a part of the Bears’ offense, just in a very different capacity. “The Bears would be smart, [if] they possibly could put together — like that kid down in New Orleans, you know, the read-option and that whole package? Taysom Hill? You know, bring him [Trubisky] in and do some different things with him,” Hampton said. Is this something head coach and play-caller Matt Nagy would consider? Probably not, but it’s an intriguing thought — and it’s starting to become a semi-popular one. Follow the Heavy on Bears Facebook page, where you can weigh in on all the latest Bears-related breaking news, rumors, content and more!Hampton on Growing List Suggesting Taysom Hill-Type Role for TrubiskyHampton is not the first to float the idea of Trubisky as a Taysom Hill-esque...
    Getty Tom Brady turned down the Chargers in free agency. As the Tampa Bay Buccaneers square off with the Los Angeles Chargers, many are revisiting Tom Brady’s free agency and his decision to ultimately move south. The Chargers are believed to be one of the finalists that Brady considered, but the Buccaneers quarterback shot down the idea that he almost signed with Los Angeles. “No, I love the fact where I chose to play, and I love playing with our coaches, playing with the players we have on this team, so I made a great decision, and I love what we have going on here,” Brady said, per Tampa Bay Times. “We’ve got a lot of work we’re putting into it. We didn’t have the benefit of the offseason program or training camp.” Brady continued to preach patience as he builds chemistry with his new teammates in Tampa. He does not appear to have any second thoughts about his decision to sign with the Bucs adding he has “loved every minute that I’ve been here.” “We’re going...
    There’s no quarterback controversy in San Francisco. When Jimmy Garoppolo is healthy again, he will be under center for the 49ers. Nick Mullens had a strong game Sunday, throwing for 343 yards and a touchdown in a 36-9 win, but I can assure you that stat line says more about the Niners’ opponent, the New York Giants, than it says about the 49ers’ backup quarterback. The Giants, simply put, stink, and 49ers’ head coach and offensive play-caller Kyle Shanahan made easy work of their slow linebackers and a defensive line that plays an antiquated two-gap system. Mullens had big windows to throw into all game and, to his credit, he took advantage of them. He deserves a week’s worth of plaudits for that. But beating the Giants doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things for a team that’s trying to win the Super Bowl. Now, perhaps Mullens’ performance allows the 49ers to keep Garoppolo and his injured ankle on the mend for next week’s game against the Eagles. Nothing wrong with that. Mullens is...
    Justin Herbert starting means it’ll be a big fantasy day for Austin Ekeler.With Tyrod Taylor out for a while with a punctured lung, that means it’ll be The Justin Herbert Show as the Los Angeles Chargers starting quarterback for the foreseeable future. He made his first career start vs. the Kansas City Chiefs last week, and nearly upset the defending Super Bowl champions. With him going against the Carolina Panthers, look for he and Austin Ekeler to go off. The Fantasy Footballers were very impressed by the former No. 6 overall pick out of the Oregon in his first career NFL start last week. Though he is raw coming out of Oregon, Herbert gave the Chargers offense more viability than Taylor and perhaps even more than we could have ever imagined this early. With a bad Panthers team coming to town, look for the Bolts to get to 2-1. Check out The Fantasy Footballers for all their advice.Carolina will be without its best player for the next several weeks in running back Christian McCaffrey. Though quarterback Teddy Bridgewater may be...
    Getty Daniel Jones #8 of the New York Giants. Never one to shy away from a hot take, FOX Sports’ Colin Cowherd has assumingly seen enough of New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones to make the final call on his future with the organization. “I would move off Daniel Jones because although I’ve seen glimpses of competence and glimpses of ‘he’s better than I thought,’ I’ve seen no glimpses of great,” Cowherd said of Jones. The Herd host, who notes the Giants may prove to be worse than a two-win team this season, already knows the player he would replace Jones with under center in New York. “Trevor Lawrence is the best quarterback prospect since Andrew Luck,” Cowherd said of Lawrence, who he deemed ‘no miss’. “As a prospect, he’s Andrew Luck, he’s John Elway.” "I would move off Daniel Jones."@ColinCowherd on why the New York Giants should target Trevor Lawrence: pic.twitter.com/xxkg378pIr — FOX Sports (@FOXSports) September 23, 2020 While Cowherd continues to spew unwavering affection in the direction of Jones’ intra-city counterpart, Sam Darnold, despite a...
    Wisconsin quarterback Jack Coan was spinning heat on the first day of practice. The Badgers returned to the gridiron Wednesday ahead of the October 24 opener, and it looks like our QB1 didn’t miss a beat. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Bucky’s 5th Quarter posted a video of Coan airing it out, and it looks like his ball had some nice zip on it. You can watch a video of it below.   View this post on Instagram   The #Badgers QB1 dishing out passes to some of his top targets in practice today courtesy of @badgerfootball A post shared by Buckys 5th Quarter (@buckys5thquarter) on Sep 23, 2020 at 3:25pm PDT You know we’re nearing the season when I start breaking down practice tape like it’s the damn Zapruder Film. I know it’s just one video, and we all love overreacting when it comes to our teams. Having said that, did Coan’s arm look great or did it look great? The answer is yes. If Coan has taken another big step...
    The best TV shows that lasted only one season 13 Best Warren Buffett Growth Stocks 15 great items for a football fans ultimate at-home tailgate © Provided by Touchdown Wire MORE: How Stefon Diggs and man coverage turned Josh Allen into a better quarterback Vote: Homegrown Legends Tournament Bracket, Round 1 Is Mitchell Trubisky...improving? Kyler Murray showing how YAC is a quarterback stat Report: FOX willing to pay up to $2 billion to keep Sunday NFL package
    BYU quarterback Zach Wilson isn’t worried about the lasting side effects of the coronavirus after being diagnosed himself back in July. Wilson told reporters on Monday that he tested positive over the summer after a “little gambling night” with his teammates, TMZ Sports reported. VIKINGS’ KIRK COUSINS CLARIFIES CORONAVIRUS COMMENTS, CITES CHRISITIAN FAITH REGARDING OUTLOOK ON DEATH The junior explained he never experienced any serious symptoms, going as far as to side with Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins, who said in an interview published earlier this month “If I die, I die.” "I know it affects everyone differently," Wilson said on Monday. "But for me, and I know a lot of other guys on the team feel the same way, you know, honestly we would rather just play football than ever worry about this." Cousins was criticized over his initial remarks, which were seen as insensitive. “I want to respect what other people's concerns are. For me personally, just talking no one else can get the virus, what is your concern if you could get it, I would say I'm...
    Getty Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson gave a strong statement about the best NFL quarterback. Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is known for his humility, but he recently gave a strong statement on his own ability. During an interview on the Dan Patrick Show, Wilson was asked if he believes he is the best quarterback in the NFL, and the man known for deflecting credit gave a surprising answer. “I believe so, without a doubt,” Wilson said. “There’s some great ones for sure, you got guys like Patrick Mahomes. You got guys, obviously, like Lamar [Jackson] who had such a great year last year. Deshaun Watson and then you got guys who have been so great for so many years in Tom [Brady] and Drew [Brees] and Aaron [Rodgers], those kind of players. For me, I’m just grateful [for] getting to play this game. I am one of 32 men in the world to have this opportunity.” It is not just Wilson who believes this anymore as the Seahawks star has had arguably the best start to the...
    Giants’ Daniel Jones had a great week 1 performance considering one awful statistic By: Alexander Wilson September 18, 2020 ShareTweetFlipRedditThe New York Giants started off on the wrong foot in weak one against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but there were plenty of positives to extract from the game. Despite the Giants’ offensive line struggling significantly against an elite Steelers pass rush, quarterback Daniel Jones managed to stand in the pocket like “a man” and deliver some accurate balls downfield. He finished the contest with 26 completions, amounting to a 63.41% completion rate, with 279 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions. He was sacked three times, which isn’t indicative of how much pressure he was under throughout the entire contest. According to Pro Football Focus, the Steelers generated 22 pressures in less than 2.5 seconds against the Giants. That led the NFL by a large margin, with the second-place team being the Los Angeles Chargers with 14 pressures. That means Jones was under duress for a majority of the contest, and he also...
    Getty Derek Carr & Jon Gruden of the Las Vegas Raiders. It shouldn’t have been a surprise for many but Derek Carr had a great game for the Las Vegas Raiders on Sunday. He didn’t put up insane numbers but he was close to perfect on the day. Much has been made about how Carr and Jon Gruden apparently don’t get along but the two seem just fine. There are even those who have suggested that Marcus Mariota is being groomed to take the starting job at some point. Well, Gruden made it pretty clear that isn’t going to happen. He, unprompted, went out of his way to praise the quarterback. “You gotta changes your snap count, you gotta change your audibles, you gotta change your hand signals but we’re not changing quarterbacks,” Gruden said Monday. “Derek played great. Derek Carr played a super game [Sunday]. No sacks, no interceptions, 34 points … did a great job throwing the ball accurately … made some great plays for us.” Gruden has been quick to praise Carr in the past...
    Getty Patrick Mahomes signed a massive contract extension with the Chiefs. Patrick Mahomes signed a massive 10-year, $450 million contract with the Chiefs over the offseason, per Spotrac. ESPN reported Mahomes’ deal can grow to as much as $503 million if the Chiefs quarterback hits certain incentives. Given the sizable contract, Mahomes’ salary for the 2020 season is much lower than you may expect, but the Chiefs quarterback is not going to need to search for money underneath his couch cushions any time soon. According to Spotrac, Mahomes has a base salary of $825,000 this season but the cap hit is $10.8 million when you consider different factors including his signing bonus. Mahomes and the Chiefs constructed his contract in such a way that would allow the team to re-sign other key players to keep the core group together in Kansas City. This means a major portion of Mahomes’ contract counts after the first few seasons but the quarterback’s deal jumps up to a $40.4 million cap hit in 2023. By the final year of the...
    BALTIMORE (WJZ) — We’re just four days to the kickoff of a Ravens season like none before; no fans in the stands, and looming concerns about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Preparations for the opener continue in Owings Mills with a central factor that hasn’t changed; quarterback Lamar Jackson is the key to the Ravens’ success. For the first time in Ravens history, they’ll take the field to start a season with the NFL’s reigning most valuable player. Jackson begins his third season in the NFL as a record-breaking quarterback. He’s young, yet unconcerned about the quick build-up of expectations. Jackson’s teammates said they admire his ability to tune out the noise. “He’s the man,” running back Mark Ingram said. “He handles all the outside noise and adversity great. The outside noise, or the outside critics, or the outside people that try to, you know, doing anything… he doesn’t pay attention to it. He stays focused on the task at hand. He focuses on being the best quarterback that can be and the best player that he can be...
    Every great NFL quarterback wants to end his career with a Super Bowl title. If Drew Brees pulls that off in 2020 he’ll achieve football immortality. The New Orleans Saints didn’t draft Drew Brees, but that hasn’t stopped him from being synonymous with their franchise since his arrival in 2006. So what’s really left for Brees?The odds have been stacked Brees numerous times. Instead of crumbling against one last challenge, Brees will drive forward in his (likely) final campaign on a Super Bowl contender. Brees has a chance to elevate his legacy by doing something precious few have been able to accomplish. In the modern era, only John Elway and Peyton Manning have managed to win a Super Bowl in their last game as a starting quarterback. Everyone associated with the Saints will do everything they can to send him out on that high note. Not bad for a quarterback who has frequently been judged too short to reach such great heights.
    By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston BOSTON (CBS) — Cam Newton has been reporting to work in Foxboro for a little over a month. Bill Belichick has been impressed. Really, really, really impressed. The head coach was interviewed on Sirius XM radio this week and was asked about his new quarterback. Belichick’s answer was quite extensive. As in, more than two straight minutes of uninterrupted praise. Here’s what Belichick said: You know, I can see why he had the kind of success that he had at Auburn and at Carolina, and in talking to people that were with him there, the things that they said about him at Auburn and at Carolina from a decade ago or two, three years ago, or even last year, it was all the same. And it showed up here. He’s an extremely hard worker. Nobody works harder than Cam does. He’s here early, he stays late, and he works very hard. Some players like to work on things that they’re good at. Like if you’re strong on the bench press, then you just keep throwing more weight on...
    Brad Pitt Previews His New Limited Release Rosé Champagne: It Isnt a Celebrity Wine for Me Opinion: New bull market in stocks could last three years and may produce another 30% in gains, veteran strategist says NFL Power Rankings: Ranking all 32 quarterbacks, even if No. 1 isnt a surprise You don’t need a top-five quarterback to win a Super Bowl. But it helps. Jimmy Garoppolo came about as close as you can to winning a ring. Nick Foles won Super Bowl MVP and he’s not even guaranteed to start over Mitchell Trubisky this season. Peyton Manning in 2015 was Manning in name only when the Denver Broncos won a title. Yet, everyone wants a Patrick Mahomes. It makes every other decision in the organization easier. We all know how valuable the position is. That’s why we’re going to rank all 32 starters. A few rules: This ranking is for this season only. Situation matters some, because it always matters at quarterback. Even if I like Sam Darnold’s talent, the New York Jets haven’t done much to help him....
    Terry McLaurin is showing off at Washington camp. The newly-christened Washington Football Team went through quite the noisy offseason, but they’re close to putting all of those PR nightmares in the past as they gear up for 2020. One of the many individual pieces Washington has to be excited about is wide receiver Terry McLaurin, who has given fans every indication that his sophomore campaign will be even better than his excellent rookie season. McLaurin and quarterback Dwayne Haskins have linked up early and often this offseason, with one of their more flashy connections featuring McLaurin diving into the end zone before breaking out in celebration. Considering how Ron Rivera’s offensive coaching staff, now helmed by offensive coordinator Scott Turner, liked to stretch the field vertically during their days in Carolina, Haskins chucking it deep to McLaurin should be a staple of the Washington offense. TURN EM UP TERRY ????????????????@dh_simba7 ➡️ @TheTerry_25 pic.twitter.com/tFjrS2esyZ — Washington Football Team (@WashingtonNFL) August 24, 2020 Terry McLaurin was extremely productive in a bad offense last season.McLaurin went into the worst possible situation for a...
    Aaron Rodgers teaching Jordan Love is great to see. The passing of the guard is never as abrupt as we think. It happens well before the elder is ready to go. If the next generation is taken under the wing by the veteran, rather than seen as its stiff competition there’s no telling how great both can become. That’s exactly what’s happening in this video of veteran quarterback and future Hall of Famer, Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers is seen teaching rookie quarterback, Jordan Love, during the Green Bay Packers training camp on Thursday. The vet, Aaron Rodgers, showing the rook, Jordan Love, how its done #Packers pic.twitter.com/QfqvqqAOVv — John Doran (@JohnDoranTV) August 20, 2020 In the video, Love is seen throwing the ball and then Rodgers takes him aside and is clearing showing him how to flick his wrist in just the right way. Love then follows along with Rodgers by making the same movement with his wrist. This is something we love to see. All too often an incredibly great player leaves a team without imparting any of his...
    Trump gave an oddly detailed scouting report on Trevor Lawrence.  As the college football slate is in a massive state of uncertainty, with both the Big Ten and Pac-12 postponing their seasons, President Donald Trump has remained firm in his belief that football should be played this fall, despite dangers presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. Trump again reiterated his stance on this issue during a press conference on Saturday evening, but then went a bit off track and gave a very detailed scouting report of Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence.  "I want to say that I want college football to come back. These are strong, healthy, incredible people. These are people that, ah, want to play football very badly. A great, great talent & QB called me 2 days ago & I spoke to him a couple of times. He said sir, we want it back" pic.twitter.com/Uyo4BN9dpi — Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) August 15, 2020 Trump first brought up Lawrence when he said that he had a phone call with him where Lawrence supposedly expressed his desire to play in the...
    Cam Newton is making a good impression on Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.  The New England Patriots seemed destined for a rebuilding year upon losing Tom Brady this offseason. The plan was to roll with Jarrett Stidham, or at least that is what Bill Belichick said before signing Cam Newton to a one-year deal. Belichick had the master plan up his sleeve and now has a former MVP at quarterback. The head coach is famous in not giving praise to players and has done that with Newton throughout the summer. But training camp is here and Newton should have the upper hand in the race to be the starting quarterback.Cam Newton gets a short boost of confidence from his head coachBelichick even offered up a quick endorsement of Newton’s abilities, which were shared in an ESPN.com article.“Cam’s a hardworking kid. He really is,” Belichick said Friday morning. That is about as much as one can get out of Belichick. He did go on to share more words, but talked about the quarterbacks as a whole as opposed to just...
    Getty Matthew Stafford before taking on the Giants. Matthew Stafford, like everyone else, heard the rumors all offseason long. He was supposed to be traded at least a handful of times. But deals never materialized and the Detroit Lions held on to their quarterback. Speaking with the media for the first time, Stafford commented again that outcome was excellent from his perspective, and cleared up a common misconception regarding the sale of his home. No, he isn’t looking to leave Detroit. Just the opposite, in fact. Stafford is committed to the team and the city more than ever. Stafford asked about selling his home and reiterates it has nothing to do with his time as Detroit's quarterback. He remains unchanged in his opinion that he wants to be here as long as possible. — Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) August 11, 2020 Many wondered upon the revealing news that his Michigan house was for sale if this tipped either Stafford or Detroit’s hand moving forward, but it’s clear that his wife’s explanation at the time was spot on. Stafford...
    (CBS4) – Hall of Fame running back Terrell Davis is excited to see what the two guys in his former position can do for the Denver Broncos this season. Terrell Davis (credit: CBS) “I think they’ll work great,” Davis said of Melvin Gordon and Phillip Lindsay during his appearance on Xfinity Monday Live with CBS4 sports anchor Michael Spencer. Melvin Gordon (credit: Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images) “You have two guys who are different style of runners, and that’s always a plus. I think their play will be dictated probably based off of a game plan,” he added. “I see those guys getting equal share depending upon who they play and how the game plan is laid out.” Davis also has high hopes for the Broncos and second year quarterback Drew Lock. “I think the first thing that I loved about watching him was the way that his teammates responded to him last year,” said Davis when asked about Lock. Quarterback Drew Lock hands off to Phillip Lindsay at Empower Field at Mile High on Dec. 1. (Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty...