Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 23:49:49
572 results - (0.004 seconds)

It works:

latest news at page 1:
    MIXING alcohol with driving is never a good idea - but now scientists are hoping that they can use the whisky-making process to help fuel cars. The left over by-products from producing Scotch are usually thrown away, creating hundreds of thousands of tons of waste. 1The leftovers from whisky production could be powering your car one dayCredit: Getty Images But scientist Martin Tangney is now using new fermentation processes to turn that waste into biofuels. There are two main left overs from the process of making whisky; solids known as draff and liquid called pot ale. Distilleries in Scotland produce 684,000 tons of draff and 2.3 billion liters of pot ale each year, CNN reports. The issue with that is there is not any significant use for these left overs. Some is used in animal feed, but most is simply thrown away, usually into landfills or dumped into the ocean. More on gas pricesGASOLINE SURGE Gas prices in each state revealed – are you paying up to $5.74 per gallon?OIL BE DAMNED Americans in line for surprise...
    A MUM has shared her top tip for helping her baby to poop, admitting she's been using a special position since her daughter was born. Tayeba took to TikTok with her gorgeous daughter to reveal the hack, and pretended to speak in a baby's voice as she said: "Hi everyone, my mum is going to show everyone how she helps me poop the right way. 3A mum has explained that she's been putting her baby daughter in this position to help her poop since birthCredit: Tik Tok/ tayebatv 3Within seconds of being in the position, the tot had filled her nappyCredit: Tik Tok/ tayebatv @itsmedinasworld Always Works A Charm ???? #fyp #xyzbca #babytok #parenttok #blowthisup #TayebaTV #ItsMedinasWorld ???? ♬ As It Was - Harry Styles "We’ve been doing it since birth. Let’s go." Tayeba then told her daughter that she wanted "squatties please", at which point the baby bent her knees and squatted down. "So the knees should be at a 90 degrees angle, and wait for the magic to happen," the mum explained. Within seconds,...
    THERE ARE a few ways you can try to make your freshly cut blooms last longer. But this gardening pro shared her own genius tip. 2If you're serious about making your flowers last, there's one strange tip that works wondersCredit: Getty Gardening expert and founder of gardening advice website Blooming Lucky, Louise Findlay-Wilson spoke to Express and shared some top tips. Before you do anything else, it's important to remove any unnecessary leaves. These are usually ones closer to the bottom, that will look bulky. "If you want to have some leaves on the stem, certainly don’t have any foliage under the water line as this will rot," she explained. Read more on gardeningGREEN FINGERS I’m a gardening pro & here’s what you need to know if you’re a total novice After that, "trim the base of the stems before you put them in your vase." She continued: "The cut should be on a slant as you’re trying to provide the largest surface area, so the stem can absorb the most water. "For woody stemmed flowers, such as roses, also do...
    WHATSAPP is working on a feature that could stop vanishing texts from disappearing. The clever trick would work with automatically-deleting WhatsApp messages. 1WhatsApp is testing a brand new featureCredit: WhatsApp / WABetaInfo And it would let users exempt certain texts so that they don't vanish. The feature was uncovered by the sleuths at WABetaInfo, who regularly mine WhatsApp for upcoming changes. Currently, vanishing messages lets you set WhatsApp to automatically unsend texts after a certain period of time. This deletes the message from your phone, and the device of any recipients too. Read more on appsSCRAP-CHAT Urgent WhatsApp warning as all 2BILLION users told to delete text immediatelyPICTURE PERFECT Your iPhone photos app has THREE big secrets – & you're hiding photos wrong But a new change to the feature would let you exempt specific texts from being deleted. WhatsApp currently lets you unsend texts manually within certain time periods. But WhatsApp also has a feature that will automatically delete texts after a set amount of time has passed. The new feature lets you "keep this message", preventing it from...
    WE COULD all do with a bit of extra volume in our hair from time to time. But it comes easier to some than others. 2The simple method requires nothing but your hairdryer and a hairbrushCredit: Instagram There are seemingly endless amounts of tricks that are meant to give your hair the bounce and shine we all dream of, but in reality most of them don't work or take so long to do it's not even worth the effort. But Helen Reavy, a hairstylist and founder of Act and Acre, recently shared her genius tip for getting perfect volume at home everyday. You don't need to splash the cash on pricey gadgets or serums either, all you need is your normal hairdryer and a hairbrush. All you need to do according to the hair whizz is gently use your brush to push up your hair from the root. Read more on hairCHOP HORROR My hairdresser surprised me by chopping off my hair & adding purple highlights The pro suggest blasting your roots with five to eight seconds of hot air first....
    IT'S a time-consuming and often physically tough job to iron the sheets before you make the bed. But one woman has come up with a brilliant way to ensure your sheets are crease-free as you put them on the bed - and it's completely free. 2Chantel Mila took to TikTok to explain how she gets her sheets wrinkle-free with no ironingCredit: TikTok/ mama_mila_ 2But once she'd sprayed tap water on the sheets, all the lines had disappearedCredit: TikTok/ mama_mila_ Chantel Mila took to TikTok to share a video of "three easy life hacks you'll wish you tried earlier". But it was her second suggestion that garnered the most attention. "Spray tap water on sheets as you make the bed to remove wrinkles without ironing," she wrote. In the clip, she sprayed the water on as she put the sheets on the bed - with the creases and lines magically disappearing as she did so. "Mix lavender essential oil in with tap water to spray bed linen," one person wrote in the comments section. ...
    GARDENERS can save money as well as the planet by using what they have on hand to fill the bottom of planters. The bottom of deep planters can be stuffed with fillers like old cans and plant pots turned upside down, according to gardening experts. 1Fillers are placed in planters to take up space and allow the plants to drainCredit: Getty The cans and pots improve drainage and create air pockets for better aeration and healthier soil, according to Family Handyman. Fillers are placed in planters to take up space and allow the plant to drain water effectively, encouraging healthy roots. Rather than filling an entire planter with soil, fillers can help your wallet because it keeps you from having to purchase more soil, which can be expensive. Using fillers, especially old cans and pots that you don't have to buy, also helps the environment because it keeps those non-biodegradable products out of landfills. READ MORE GARDENING TIPSPATH TO SUCCESS 7 top tips to create a cheap garden pathway on your lawn with NO diggingWEED IT Alan Titchmarsh reveals top...
    MCDONALD'S is an iconic global brand, known for delivering affordable, fast meals to billions of hungry consumers. As inflation drives prices up across the board, however, not even the Golden Arches are immune to climbing costs. 2TikTok user @hellthyjunkfood highlighted the price disparity between a McDonald's Big Mac and a sandwich with nearly the same ingredients 2A Big Mac costs $2.40 more than a McDouble at this Florida McDonald's location The price of a Big Mac has jumped about 5% in the past year for example, though prices vary from location to location. McDonald's' iconic sandwich now sells for $5.94 on average, and as much as $6.39 depending on your city. But in the battle against high prices, a little bit of creativity can help stretch a dollar a long way. If you know how to take advantage of the menu at McDonald's, you can still satisfy your Big Mac craving without paying full price. READ MORE ON MCDONALD'SEAT UP I'm a McDonald's superfan so tried out ALL the food it sells across the globeGOLDEN ARCHES Ex-McDonald's...
    ANY KEEN gardener knows that pests can ruin your freshly planted blooms. Of course, there are loads of ways that you can try to banish them from your outdoor space. 2You can protect your plants without turning to drastic measuresCredit: Getty If you want to avoid harsh chemicals, the experts at Old World Garden Farms gave one handy tip. They said: "The simple truth is, many commercial sprays, dusts, and pest control products do more harm than good." Adding that, "they questionable to use safely on edible vegetables and fruit, they are also non-discriminating. "Meaning they wipe out the good insects right along with the ones causing the immediate problem." Read more on gardeningHOUSE RULES I'm an etiquette expert & mowing your lawn on a Sunday makes you 'common' They suggest that companion planting could be the key to ridding nasty pests from your crops. "Companion planting has been our number one, go-to method for stopping pests naturally in the garden for the last 5+ years. And has it ever worked wonders!" All you have to do is plant...
    SELF-DRIVING cars could be allowed on our roads within MONTHS under new plans. And proposed updates to the Highway Code will mean those using them could watch TV on the move. 3Self-driving cars could be allowed on our roads within months under new plansCredit: Getty Drivers could also take their eyes off the road to send an email or have a natter with their kids in the back seat. The rule will only apply at speeds under 37mph in “level three” self-driving vehicles, which feature technology that allows drivers to take their hands off the wheel and eyes off the road. Some level-three cars – such as ones being developed by Mercedes – could be available to customers this year. Drivers will still be banned from using a mobile to make calls after studies found they were distracting. Read More on Driverless CarsLOOK, NO HANDS Driverless cars will be travelling on Britain’s roads by the end of the YEAR Transport Minister Trudy Harrison has heralded the new moves a “major milestone” for the “safe introduction” of these futuristic...
    WHATSAPP is making it easier to quickly make a group chat. A secret new update currently being tested adds a new shortcut into the app. 1There's a new WhatsApp update in the worksCredit: WhatsApp / WABetaInfo The feature lets you quickly create group chats from a specific contact's profile. It means it's much easier to make groups, by giving you more choice. The feature was uncovered by the tech sleuths at WABetaInfo, who regularly mine WhatsApp for upcoming changes. "WhatsApp has added a new shortcut called 'Create Group' in the 'Contact Info' section," WABetaInfo explained. Read more on appsLISTEN UP You may NEVER have to type a WhatsApp message out again with bizarre new ideaPHONED IN When will your iPhone model become 'obsolete'? Official Apple warnings revealed "This shortcut is only visible when you already have a group in common with the contact. "When you tap the new shortcut, WhatsApp will automatically select the contact to add to a new group. "The group is not immediately created because you will also be able to add more participants before its creation."...
    PANERA Bread has introduced an unlimited drink subscription service and for a limited time, it's completely free. The Panera Unlimited Sip Club Subscription offers unlimited free coffee, iced coffee, lemonade, hot tea, and fountain drinks for subscribers. 1Panera is offering two months' worth of free drinks through a subscription serviceCredit: Getty Unlimited Sip Club members can switch their drink every two hours and are entitled to free refills of whatever's in their cup at all times. The subscription ordinarily costs $10.99 per month, but Panera is waiving the costs through July 4 if you sign up before May 6. That means you can get at least two months of free, bottomless coffee and other drinks. The National Coffee Association found in a survey that 62% of American adults drink coffee daily. READ MORE ON FAST FOODSPRING FLING Fast food chains huge menu changes this Spring - from McDonald's to StarbucksPIZZA THAT Taco Bell is bringing back a popular menu item in a month And considering that the average coffee drinker spends $92 each month on their...
    DO you ever struggle with your child answering back when you tell them it's time to get off their video games console? If you do, then you might want to take some tips from parenting coach Lisa Bunnage - who has the perfect way to teach defiant kids how to be nice. 2Parenting expert Lisa Bunnage has shared her top tip for getting kids off their video gamesCredit: TikTok 2If you struggle to get your kids off their consoles or devices, then Lisa's tips could come in handyCredit: Alamy "I’m going to set up a scenario," she began in a video on her TikTok page.   "He’s eight years old - he’s playing video games, you tell him to get off the games and he won’t. "He might even swear at you, say ‘I’m not getting up’, and the only way you can possibly get him up is a physical confrontation, that’s not going to happen." So you just "let that topic go", Lisa advises. Read more Parenting stories HAVE NAN OF IT I'm a nanny &...
    Scouting Report: This unassuming pink cleaning paste is gritty enough to remove some of the toughest stains to be found in my apartment. I love a good cleaning supply, and recently, I was ushered into Clean-Tok, the cleaning videos realm of TikTok. There are tons of great tips and tricks nestled in there, but one I kept finding again and again was people using this thing called The Pink Stuff. It looked really weird—it’s basically a pink paste that people put on things to, well, clean them. Although I was highly skeptical at first, after trying it out for myself, I can say for sure this is something I’m planning on keeping around for the foreseeable future. The Pink StuffBuy at Amazon$10Free Shipping | Free Returns The Pink Stuff comes in a little tub, kind of like Play-Doh, but feels nothing like it. The paste is made with ingredients like quartz, baking soda, and soap, and has a vegetable oil base. I think why it works so well is the abrasive, gritty quality, that really helps for removing tough stains....
    TARGET is offering its customers another way to save while spending. The retailer confirmed its second partnership with the online consignment and thrift store, thredUP. 1TARGET moves toward sustainability with new thredUP partnership The move is designed to bring Target back into the secondhand sales market as thredUp is dedicating an entire page for specific Target listings. The page offers women’s and kids’ apparel, along with hats, belts and other accessories. According to Target, the deal furthers their commitment to sustainability and says that testing this new secondhand marketplace will continue delivering ever-evolving guest needs. CNBC reported that this is actually the second partnership with the online consignment store. Read More on TargetSAVE UP Four Target secrets and myths revealed including coupon stacking trick OPEN FOR BUSINESS Inside Target's new Times Square store that comes with a CVS pharmacy Target previously worked with thredUP as a test in 2015, but shut down after six months. The deal allowed shoppers to get Target credit for gently used items that ThredUP was reselling. How it works Users can shop the secondhand site...
    SUPERMARKETS can be busy and stressful. Queuing for what feels like forever just for a carton of milk is the stuff of nightmares. 3The rewards card tattoo surprising worked when it was scannedCredit: @ralphrivera247/Tiktok But this Australian shopper's hack makes checking out a breeze. Ralph Rivera posted a video of him using the self check out at Woolworths, and it went viral for an unexpected reason. The keen shopper can be seen to purchase a bottle of sprite in the video, but wanting to cash in his points from the purchases uses his rewards card. Except he's had the card permanently inked onto his arm. Read more on tattoosINKS MARKS THE SPOT Where your tatts are on your body can say A LOT about your personality The tattoo amazingly worked when it was scanned, the machine announced: "Your Everyday Rewards Card has been added." Ralph exclaimed: "Ah see!" To his friend who looked on impressed. While it may not be the most visually stunning tattoo of all time, it certainly is practical. Never again will Ralph have to root through...
    ANYONE who watched Footballers’ Wives knows that being married to a footballer is glam to the max – your husband is paid ridiculously well and your life is certainly more jet set than most. But there are downsides, too – you bear the brunt when they lose and, of course, there is the risk they might be transferred anywhere in the country or world at any moment. 5Christine may be married to a football legend, but she has a very successful career of her ownCredit: Mark Hayman 5The 43-year-old juggles her mum duties with roles on Loose Women and LorraineCredit: Mark Hayman No one knows this more than Christine Lampard. When Frank, 43, her husband of six and a half years, signed for New York  City FC in 2015, she upped sticks with him, moving to the Big Apple for almost two years. Now, after the former footballer signed a two-and-a-half-year deal in January to manage Merseyside club Everton, Christine, also 43, is navigating a long-distance relationship with him. She remains in West London with their two kids Patricia,...
    A CANNY shopper got the barcode from his store reward card tattooed on his arm because he was always forgetting it. The man can be seen using the novel way he came up with to get his points in a TikTok video which has now gone viral. 3The tattoo barcode actually worked and the man got his reward pointsCredit: TikTok/ ralphrivera247 3The man can be seen moving his arm to the checkout scannerCredit: TikTok/ ralphrivera247 In the short footage he can be seen at a checkout buying a $1.95 bottle of Sprite – so far, all pretty normal. But then after scanning the fizzy drink bottle, he leans over and put his left arm over the sensor. And the sensor read it successfully. “Ah see,” the man can be heard saying after the system read his barcode tattoo. Read More on TattoosINK STINK I’ve told my brother to cover his X-rated tattoo at my wedding, now he won’t comeFLOWER DOUR I got dainty flower tattoo - but two years later it looks messy and horrible “Your Everyday Rewards card has...
    When the Ravens first moved to Baltimore in 1996, the lifeline of the organization was the annual NFL draft because the team didn’t have enough cash to land the best players in free agency. Sixteen years later, that philosophy hasn’t changed. With the draft three weeks away, the Ravens held their annual predraft luncheon at The Castle on Tuesday, and it is safe to say there won’t be any big splashes when the first round begins April 28 in Las Vegas. The Ravens have 10 total picks, including nine in the first four rounds and four in the top 100. After making a few big signings in free agency, they still have glaring holes at pass rusher, interior defensive line, middle linebacker and offensive line. They’d also like to acquire more depth at outside linebacker and cornerback. The Ravens might move up or down a few slots to draft a particular player, but they’d prefer to remain status quo. “I think we do have a lot of flexibility, which is something that we covet — having the chance to move...
    WHATSAPP'S next big update could make you text LESS – by adding emoji reactions. The top-secret feature is currently under development, but may be months or even weeks away. 1WhatsApp is working on a message reaction systemCredit: WhatsApp / WABetaInfo WhatsApp currently has no system for emoji reactions. But fellow Meta-owned app Facebook has had post and comment reactions for years. And it could be a great way to make you text less – because you could simply "react" to messages rather than having to type out replies. WhatsApp has already been testing the feature for a while now. Read more on WhatsAppTALK TO ME Huge WhatsApp update is about to change your chats forever with NEW type of textNOT APPY You're using WhatsApp wrong – the SIX biggest mistakes you need to avoid Until now, the feature-in-testing has had six reactions: Like, Love, Laugh, Shocked, Teary Eye, and Pray (or high five...). But the WhatsApp sleuths at WABetaInfo have uncovered a major change to the feature. Now there's a plus icon appearing, which could suggest that you can add...
    SOCIAL Security benefits are most commonly associated with retirees. But under certain circumstances, the Social Security Administration sends aid to children through disability and survivor benefits, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI). 1Social Security benefits can extend beyond retirees in some scenariosCredit: Alamy The SSA pays out approximately $2.8billion each month to roughly 4million children who qualify for aid, according to the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare Here are the situations in which children can collect aid, and how much they can claim. How children can qualify for Social Security Once a parent has worked for 10 years or otherwise earned Social Security eligibility, their children are eligible for benefits if: The parent is either disabled or retired The child is unmarried and younger than 18 The child is 18 or older and has a disability that began before they turned 22 The child was previously receiving at least half of their financial support from the qualifying parent READ MORE ON SOCIAL SECURITYBIG BUCKS Monthly $2,753 check could increase again in 2023 - how to apply...
    WATCHING the clock when you can't fall asleep practically guarantees you'll be awake all night, but one hack turns your bad sleep habit into a tool to fight sleeplessness. If you suffer from bouts of insomnia, you can send yourself off to dreamland in no time with a "fifteen-minute rule" developed by sleep scientists. 3Watching the clock before bed is a source of sleep anxietyCredit: Getty 3Scientists developed a '15-minute rule' to beat bad sleep habitsCredit: Getty The advice comes following the results of a comprehensive study from the University of Oxford, Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, and the Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute. Dr Bryony Sheaves and Professor Colin Espie wrote a guide for implementing the findings. "If you have difficulties sleeping you’ve probably noticed that you spend lots of time in bed awake," the experts wrote. As a result, just being in bed can become connected with restlessness, frustration, or feelings of anxiety about sleep. READ MORE ABOUT SLEEPDRIFT OFF I'm a sleep expert - this quick routine helps you fall asleep in five minutesSLEEP SECRETS I’m a...
    FAMILIES come in all shapes and sizes, as one mom reminded her social media followers after many assumed the dance partner in video clips was her sister. Viewers were shocked to learn the two dancers completing viral dances on TikTok weren't sisters, but a stepmom and daughter with only ten years' age difference. 4Kelley is ten years older than her teenage stepdaughter AnaCredit: TikTok 4Viewers were surprised by the family's age dynamicsCredit: TikTok Kelley Carrasquillo, who turned 27 earlier this year, is 17 years younger than her husband, Luis. She's closer in age to her stepdaughter, Ana, who is only ten years younger. On TikTok and their family YouTube channel, the trio address – and poke fun at – their age gaps. In one clip, Kelley and Ana lip synced over audio while the caption "When my stepdaughter is 10 years younger than me and sees a cute boy" appeared on the screen. READ MORE ABOUT MOMSNAME SHAME I am giving my daughter a unique name - trolls struggle to pronounce it Glam-ma I’m mom to a 20-year-old daughter...
    A WOMAN has revealed her handy solution to drying her family’s clothes without having to pay for a tumble dryer. The mum took to Facebook showing how she airs her entire household’s laundry in the bath for free using multiple racks. 1A mum has shared how she manages to dry her entire family's laundry in the bath without needing a tumble dryerCredit: Tanya Knight - FACEBOOK She wrote: “My little laundry tip. “Might be an obvious one already but hopefully it will help at least one person. “With the energy costs changing I thought I would share what I do with my laundry when I am unable to put it outside on the washing line. “I’m actually not lucky enough to have space for a tumble drier so when it’s wet I do this. More on laundryCLEAN UP I’m a homecare expert - when to run your washing machine to save money on bills “I use hangers to hang everyone’s tops up in age order along my shower rail (helpful for when they are all dry, as I can just...
    IF you've ever ended up with spaghetti all over the floor when trying to open a new packet, then this hack is for you. An Italian grandmother recently went viral with her clever trick to easily and quickly open a pack of the long pasta in one sharp move. 3Nonna Elda went viral on TikTok thanks to this clever spaghetti opening trick ICredit: @ana_mana_pia/Tiktok 3Another cooking fan was quick to try the hack in a stitch on TikTokCredit: @ana_mana_pia/Tiktok 3And she couldn't believe it when it actually workedCredit: @ana_mana_pia/Tiktok In the video, shared on TikTok, Nonna Elda explained: "You never cut the spaghetti with scissors". She then took the packet, held it firmly around the middle with both hands and smacked the end on the counter top. The action resulted in the packet almost magically opening, with no spaghetti lost in the process. The woman filming the video could be heard gasping after Elda demonstrated the trick, with both the chef and the camera lady then struggling to control their laughter. Read more Food...
    BEAUTY influencers and ordinary women all over TikTok have been singing the praises of a "potion" that reportedly strengthens hair, encourages new growth, and prevents breakage. Better yet, scientists and stylists agree that there's truth to the ritual that could help hair reach never-before-seen lengths. 4One TikTok user had dry, tangled hair before she began applying a rosemary tinctureCredit: TikTok/@aminaoui 4The woman claims rosemary restored and rejuvenated her hairCredit: TikTok/@aminaoui At the center of the solution is rosemary, delivered as a "tea" made with boiled sprigs or through essential oils mixed with a carrier. The formula is simple, and different devotees have their own variations on the blend: after bringing water to a boil and adding sprigs of fresh or dried rosemary, boil the mixture for five minutes while stirring frequently. Then, turn off the heat and allow the mixture to rest for 45 minutes with a lid on it. After straining the water and adding it to a spray bottle, it can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. READ MORE ABOUT HAIR AND...
    IF you have IKEA furniture that's in good condition, they might buy it back. The Swedish furniture and home goods chain said the Buy Back & Resell program is back in all US stores. 1IKEA will pay for your used furniture The program was originally created last summer and quickly became a company favorite. It was a service that was available at participating IKEA locations as an exclusive benefit to IKEA family members. However, the company brought back the initiative as a way to help pave a path towards sustainable living. Some customers are able to receive store credit worth up to 50% value for items in excellent condition. Read More on IKEANICE IKEA Stacey Solomon gives her Ikea Kallax unit a stunning a cheap & easy makeoverBAD IKEA Hidden spy cameras found in Ikea toilets - and they've been there for 6 YEARS They also claim products that are in "very good" condition may receive a 40% credit, and "well used" goods may get 30% of the original price. An IKEA spokesperson told The Sun: "We are always learning...
    SPRING has officially sprung, which means it's time to pull out your flowy dresses and tank tops. But if you're in need of a little spring wardrobe refresh, look no further than Amazon. 3Amazon shoppers have scouted out the spring dress perfect for any occasionCredit: Amazon 3Customers love how the dress comes with two pocketsCredit: Amazon Right now, the retailer has a dress thousands of people are going crazy over. It's called the Ouges Summer Party Dress and it's the perfect fit for any spring occasion, according to reviews. Ringing in at $34, the midi-length dress features a flattering A-line silhouette, with a wrap v-neck and defined waistline. It's the perfect dress for warmer temperatures with fabric made of of 95 percent cotton and 5 percent spandex, meaning it's comfortable and breathable. Read more fashion findsTHE PERFECT FIT I bought the famous $60 pink Zara dress that everyone is obsessed withOH SHEIT I bought a viral dress - it's so small, some say I was sent only the arm part The Amazon dress is...
    A CLEVER iPhone hack lets you type some texts much faster. Better yet, it works on iMessage and WhatsApp too – so you can seriously upgrade your texting game. 1Set up text replacements for maximum typing efficiency on iPhoneCredit: Apple / TikTok / @ericnowoslawski Texting can take up a lot of time, especially if you're sending a very long message on iPhone. But if you regularly send similar texts, there's an easy solution. It's possible to use Apple's text-replacement feature to quickly type out long missives. So if you often share an address, a phone number, a common phrase or anything else regularly, it's worth setting up a text-replacement for it. Read more on iPhoneHARD APPLE Mind-blowing app hack ensures your iPhone is safe from snoopersI-JACKED Apple makes it 'pointless' to steal iPhones with GENIUS change The hack was recently shared by TikTok creator @ericnowoslawski, earning hundreds of likes. In the video, Eric uses the feature to quickly share personal info, like a personal email address. And he puts the letter "x" before a phrase – like "xemail" – to...
    The View got into a shouting match on Wednesday over President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better social and economic legislation. View co-host Joy Behar slammed her own political party. “The Democrats are not afraid of the Democratic base, and they should be,” she said. “They should be because I am in the Democratic base. I consider myself a liberal Democrat, and I’m annoyed with the way they’re behaving. They should be scared of me right now.” View guest co-host Tara Setmayer, a Republican who is part of the anti-Trump group The Lincoln Project, asked Behar, “Are you going to stay home, though? Are you not going to vote?” Behar declined to answer. Setmayer remarked that the Democratic Party should “compromise” and not go for Build Back Better, which she called “untenable” given the “$6 trillion price tag.” Otherwise, she warned, “the Republicans come back into power and you have the extremists that want to, you know…” “Kill the environment,” interjected Behar. “Rollback Roe v. Wade.” View co-host Sunny Hostin said that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) “was right.” In an interview with New York, Ocasio-Cortez warned the Democrats will...
    Washington (CNN)President Joe Biden spoke with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Wednesday as airstrikes near Kyiv seemed to bear out Western skepticism that peace talks could ease Russia's assault on Ukraine.A day after Russia claimed it was scaling back its military operation near the Ukrainian capital, strikes continued in the suburbs of Kyiv as well as in Chernihiv, whose mayor said the city was under "colossal attack."American and Western officials, including Biden, had already voiced deep skepticism at Russian claims of de-escalation, noting its forces had already stalled in some places where it claimed to be pulling back. On Wednesday, the US revealed declassified intelligence showing Russian President Vladimir Putin has been misinformed by his advisers about the Russian military's performance in Ukraine.Administration officials were also cautiously watching ongoing peace talks between Russia and Ukraine, which both sides said were showing signs of progress after meetings in Istanbul. The US was less optimistic, saying it did not believe Putin and his underlings were negotiating in good faith.In his conversation with Zelensky, Biden was planning to "discuss our continued support for...
    A MAN who grew tired of his neighbour's dog barking at all hours of the day and night has come up with an invention to stop the canine in its tracks. Jon DeMaria shared his invention - the "Dog Zapper 2000" - in a video on his TikTok page. 4Jon DeMaria has come up with a clever invention, the "Dog Zapper 2000", to deal with the annoying barking dogs next doorCredit: tiktok 4The device, aimed into the neighbours' backyard, sets off an air horn when the remote control is pressedCredit: tiktok "My neighbour got a dog and the damn thing barks non stop - I roll over in my bed in my own room in my own house and this damn dog barks at me," he explained at the beginning of the video. "So I went ahead and built this invention - the Dog Zapper 2000. Come and have a look." As the person filming the video struggled to contain her laughter, he led her outside to show her the invention in action. "It's a fully...
    Whether you're sipping Starbucks or trying a new Apple device, a trip to Target can feel like a trip to the mall. Now, through the store's raincheck policy, shoppers won't have to feel like they're paying mall prices. 1Target has become a $100billion company during CovidCredit: Getty Since hitting a 40-year high weeks ago, prices show no signs of coming down. Across the board, households are paying more for gas, food and housing. With today's high price points, the company seems aware shoppers want more ways to save. Enter Target's raincheck policy. Read More shopping storiesHAPPY SHOPPING You've been shopping at Best Buy wrong - here are five ways to save moneySECRET SHOPPER Five tips and tricks to save at your favorite stores - from Target to DSW What is the policy? Through the store's raincheck policy, shoppers can get today's sale price for the next 30-45 days. The exact time window varies by state. The policy lets shoppers have access to sale prices for items that may not be on the shelf at their Target store. While the price...
    THE best thing is when work doesn't actually feel like work - and a TikToker has revealed a side hustle that encompasses this feeling. In a recent video, Paulette Teran explained how you can earn $36 an hour playing video games. 1The company will offer a 15 minute playtest, and you will recieve $9 for playing vial PayPalCredit: TikTok/@paulettenicole She said the first thing you need to do to get paid to play video games is go to playtestcloud.com and sign up to become a tester. To sign up, you will need to provide your email address, full name, games you like to play and the gaming device you play on a weekly basis. After the company has reviewed your information, they will then send you a qualification test. The qualification is unpaid. However, once you pass, the company will invite you to test games where you can earn money. Read more on Side HustlesINCOME BOOST 10 top side hustles to make extra cash in 2022 - from $50 to $2000'PERFECT SIDE JOB' I’m a gardening expert - more...
    Hong Kong (CNN)The Solomon Islands is seeking to expand its security relationship with China, its government confirmed on Friday, after reports that such an agreement was in the works fueled concern from Australian officials. A Solomon Islands government statement said Friday that Honiara was in the process of "diversifying the country's security partnership including with China." "The Government is working to sign off and implement a number of development frameworks with China to further create a secure and safe environment for local and foreign investments," read the statement from the Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. The potential arrangement comes as Australia and the United States have become increasingly wary of the expanding footprint of an assertive China in the region, in particular as China has increased its maritime capabilities and militarized islands in the South China Sea. Australia demands answers from China over alleged laser incident at seaAustralian officials voiced their concerns about a potential security arrangement between Beijing and Honiara after leaked documents, purporting to be a draft of the security pact, circulated on social media....
    A CLEANING fan has shared an amazing hack for getting hard water marks off of showers - and it requires little to no scrubbing. The person took to Reddit to share the hack, which they had seen on another website. 2A person on Reddit showed the effect of using WD-40 on their shower to remove hard water marksCredit: Reddit They shared a picture of their shower, alongside the title: "WD-40 to clean hard water streaks from glass." "The clear part is where I used it, the foggy part is obviously where it hasn't been applied yet," they added in a comment. "I haven't cleaned off the wd-40 yet so there's still residue, but my goodness the difference is wild. "Got this tip from a website and was shocked and thrilled that it worked with little effort or scrubbing." Read more Cleaning hacks C-ANT BELIEVE IT Cleaning fans reveal very cheap way to get rid of ants - and it costs £1 The poster was praised for the tip by others on Reddit, with one person writing: "I...
    STAINLESS steel appliances can be tricky to clean. Although they look snazzy in the kitchen, they easily pick up fingerprints and streaks, making them a bit of a nuisance to keep clean. 3If your cleaner isn't getting rid of those pesky oven marks, there's a common kitchen item that may do the trickCredit: Getty - Contributor 3According to one grandmother, olive oil is the secret trick to cleaning stainless steelCredit: Getty But, thanks to a grandmother's handy trick, you can easily clean those pesky marks right off. An expert named Marlen Komar, who comes from a family of housekeepers, shared with Apartment Therapy her grandmother's technique for cleaning stainless steel. It works so well that Komar said she's never using any other cleaner. What makes her grandmother's tip even better is that you probably already have the item in your kitchen cabinet – olive oil. Read more cleaning hacksKEEP IT CLEAN I’m a cleaning expert – how a one-cent household item can clean your stoveSPRING READY I’m a cleaning whizz, a cheap cleaning product is the...
    NOW that it's officially spring, it's time to get your garden in order. The best place to start to make a noticeable difference is your lawn. 2The clever lawn trick is great for last minute garden partiesCredit: Getty Garden expert Sam at JayRock Lawncare & Gardening recently shared his tips to get a greener lawn in just two hours. Before you do anything else, strim the edges of your lawn, this will make a massive difference to how neat it looks. Then its time for the big cut, for a more professional look you could try to cut it in straight lines like Sam does. Read more gardening storiesBE GONE I'm a gardening expert - the 29p solution that will kill all you pesky weedsSHOWER TIME I'm a gardening whizz...there’s a quick trick to keep your houseplants happy You might think that the jobs done after the grass is cut and edged, but the pro says there's one more thing to do that is the key to a luscious lawn. Sam's secret ingredient is TotalLawn Instant Green. He says that...
    A baffling optical illusion claiming to show a fish or a mermaid depending on how your brain works has left internet users scratching their heads.   The viral puzzle claims to be based on the theory that different parts of the brain carry out different functions, meaning they're more likely to spot a certain animal based on whether their brain is predominantly left or right sided.   However several internet users were confused by the drawing, claiming their 'brains were broken' because image looked more like a seal or a donkey.  The illusion even left author J.K. Rowling stumped, with the Harry Potter writer admitting on Twitter that she saw a donkey the picture, instead of a mermaid or a fish.   A baffling optical illusion claiming to show a fish or a mermaid depending on how your brain works has left internet users scratching their heads  The puzzle claims that those with right-sided brains will see a fish while those with left sided brains will see a mermaid.  But Rowling, 56, took to Twitter to write: 'it's a donkey, though', with several other internet...
    A MUM has revealed how she does just one food shop a month for her family of seven. Meghan and her husband Marcus live with their five children, Israel, 9, Ezra, 7, Johanna, 5, Zion, 3, and Nola, 1, in the US. 3The mum-of-five goes grocery shopping just once a month to feed her familyCredit: Youtube/planting birches 3Meghan spends just 61p per meal meal thanks to her bumper shopping tripCredit: Youtube/planting birches With such a large family, Meghan is always on the hunt for the best bargain buys without having to pop to the shops every week. Instead, she makes one trip to two supermarkets a month to stock her cupboards full. She shared a video of the family's enormous haul on her YouTUbe channel, Planting Birches. Meghan explained: "We go to the store once a month and get all the things." READ MORE FOOD STORIESSAVVY SHOPPER I spend only £10 a WEEK on food - I even have leftovers, here’s how you canFOOD FOR THOUGHT I go dumpster diving for old food, it's amazing how much I come home...
    By the end of the challenge, he expects . NOWADAYS, everyone is looking for better ways to save. So far, the 100-day number challenge has helped Jouse, also known as Jjosue.xx on TikTok, save $938 after just 29 days. 1The 100-day number challenge can help you save $5,050Credit: @jjosue.xx/TikTok This a great amount of savings for Josue and it didn't require a lot effort. He isn't the only one that can save some cash. You can too. All you have to do is a quick craft project and the savings will begin. read more savings storiesMONEY HELP Money educator reveals five ways to boost your credit score and earn more moneyKEY TO IT I'm a personal finance expert - here’s how to budget when moving out on your own Here is a list of items you will need for your project and the majority can be found around your house: pen or pencil red marker box ruler scissors larger sheet of paper After you have collected these items, the first thing you will...
    IF you struggle to deal with your other half's snoring, or them taking up half the bed, then you might want to take some tips from this woman. Melissa Gold took to TikTok to explain her and her husband's unique sleeping arrangement - which involves them sleeping not only in different beds but in different rooms. 3Melissa Gold took to TikTok to explain her and her husband's unique sleeping arrangementCredit: tiktok 3She insisted that sleeping in separate beds, in separate rooms, has been a "game changer" for her and her other halfCredit: tiktok And, until recently, they were even sleeping on "entirely separate" floors too. "So we married each other a little bit later in life - he’s 43 and I will be 40 in a couple of months," she explained. "So we’re both pretty stubborn and already set in our ways and we also have mega sensory issues which require specific sleeping environments.  "And then you throw in my PTSD on top of that and sharing a room, let alone a bed, did not make any...
    DALLAS mom-of-two Brandyn Rodriguez had built up a mountain of debt after decades of credit card use. But she says with some serious side hustle and a new, positive attitude toward money, she was able to get rid of $137,000 in debt in under five years. 1Thirteen years after graduating Brandyn Rodriguez became free of student loan debt The $137,000 came from using cards as an emergency fund, treating herself, and accumulated interest, Brandyn, 38, recently told Good Morning America. "Getting into the debt wasn't hard. You name it, I had it, from student loans, car payments, medical bills, credit cards, everything," Brandyn explained. When she became a single mother, she knew it was time to take matters into her own hands. Shortly after, she dropped into a Dave Ramsey class offered at her local church. This marked the beginning of Brandyn's journey out of debt. Reaching her goals took staying the course with two major strategies. Most read in MoneyMONEY, MONEY, MONEY Surprise $175 checks sent NOW as Americans told to claim $5,000 cashCHECK YOUR CALENDAR Benefits...
    OWNING a home is one of the biggest investments one can make. It can also strap you down with the responsibility of a monthly mortgage payment, but a little extra a month can financially-free you down the line. 2Paying a mortgage early will increase cash flow come retirement As of 2020, approximately 44% of US consumers have a mortgage, according to a recent research by Experian. There are several reasons to consider paying off a mortgage early. It can save you thousands of dollars in interest. The extra money gives you more opportunity to feel debt free. The increase in cash flow will help with retirement. read more mortgage storiesHOME HELP Mortgage stimulus for homeowners in each state worth up to $80,000 explainedHOUSE THAT What are mortgage points and how they can lower your interest rate explained Extra interest The interest rate you secure on your loan will depend several factors, including heavily on your credit score. There is no one standard rate. On average, interest rates for a 30-year fixed mortgage have ranged from 3.5% at the beginning...
    WHATSAPP is rolling out a new tool that further protects those who use its messaging service on the web. The security feature, which takes the form of a free browser extension, verifies the code of WhatsApp Web to ensure it's authentic. 1WhatsApp is making its web app more secureCredit: EPA It's designed to shield chatters from cyber attacks that break into people's WhatsApp accounts using phoney websites. The tool was announced Thursday by Cloudflare, a web security firm that partnered with WhatsApp to develop the technology. "How do you know the code your web browser downloads when visiting a website is the code the website intended you to run?" the company said. "In contrast to a mobile app downloaded from a trusted app store, the web doesn’t provide the same degree of assurance that the code hasn’t been tampered with. "Today, we’re excited to be partnering with WhatsApp to provide a system that assures users that the code run when they visit WhatsApp on the web is the code that WhatsApp intended." The vast majority of WhatsApp's two billion users...
    WHITE sneakers are often a hard no for most people because getting them back to their original pristine condition seems almost impossible. Well, for all of the sneakerheads out there, there's a handy Amazon product that will get your shoes scuff-free. 3One savvy woman named Lindsay Roggenbuck shared the one product she uses to clean scuff marks from her shoesCredit: TikTok/lindsayroggenbuck 3She used the SneakERASERS and they only cost $10 on AmazonCredit: TikTok/lindsayroggenbuck Mom and Amazon fanatic Lindsay Roggenbuck shared the genius product that she claimed will "blow your mind." They are called SneakERASERS and they are just $10 on Amazon. Roggenbuck demonstrated the sponge on her own scuffed-up Adidas sneakers. "It uses a unique dual-layer technology with micro-powered scrubbers and all you have to do is add water," Roggenbuck explained. Read more laundry tips STAIN SAVER I’m a beauty expert - my simple trick to remove deodorant stains costs under $1LAUNDRY DAY Everyone makes the same five laundry mistakes and they’re RUINING your clothes She simply added some water to the sponge and gently rubbed...
    WOULD YOU be willing to spend a pretty penny on your appearance each week? Social media star Lauren Alyssa shared a video revealing the steps she takes each week to change her appearance. 4One woman calls herself a catfish due to the effort she puts into her appearanceCredit: TikTok/yassifiedkarlmarx 4Laur said she wears '10 pounds of makeup' on her faceCredit: TikTok/yassifiedkarlmarx In her video, Lauren responded to people's comments that she was "so pretty." However, she admitted that she looks nothing like her social media persona, thanking Accutane - an acne medication - and fake tans for her appearance. The catfish claimed she lost 15 pounds, gets a fake tan three times a week, wears 10 pounds of makeup, has dyed hair and extensions, and pays $100 for a manicure every two weeks. She even confessed to editing all of her photos with the FaceTune app to help her look even better. "I'm not real babe, I'm a catfish," she admitted. Laur said admitted that she puts this much effort into her looks because she's "deeply insecure." Most read in...
    CO-PARENTING has become a popular phrase in recent years to describe two people who platonically work together to raise a child.  One woman revealed she and her ex-husband took co-parenting a step further by joining two separate homes together, which has worked beautifully for the family. 3A woman revealed that she and her ex-husband attached their homes to give their daughter the best living situation possibleCredit: Getty 3She said the arrangement has worked out super well and even allowed her to build a platonic friendship with her ex The mother spoke about her unique living arrangement in an anonymous post written on Reddit and expressed how well it has worked. She explained that neither she nor her husband wanted to lose full custody of their daughter or miss the big moments in her life, so they decided to move back in together once they sold their house after their divorce – well, sort of.  “When we sold our house we used the money to buy two semi-detached houses that were joined and had a door installed between them,” the woman...