Sunday, Dec 04, 2022 - 04:20:52
222 results - (0.014 seconds)

our country and our:

latest news at page 1:
    America is close to a coronavirus vaccine. It is the path forward for our nation and the world. Everyone who can take it should. As a doctor, I can assure you that the vaccine the Food and Drug Administration approves will be both safe and effective. The professionals at the FDA will thoroughly investigate any vaccine before it is made available to the public. The FDA’s career scientists will make decisions based solely on clinical evidence. The data is made publicly available and is transparent. This is no time for political games. A vaccine is exactly what we need to put the coronavirus pandemic in the rearview mirror. FAUCI 'SERIOUSLY DOUBTS' RUSSIA'S CORONAVIRUS VACCINE IS EFFECTIVE A vaccine by January 2021 would be an all-time record. We owe this to the Trump administration’s public-private partnership — Operation Warp Speed – and to the outstanding American scientists working around the clock. Yet there are skeptics who question the value, safety or efficacy of a vaccine. They question the process and doubt the experts.More from Opinion Dr. Nicole Saphier: Coronavirus hit health care...
    What would you think if local politicians decided to cut the size of their fire department while buildings in their city were ablaze? What about a general who orders his soldiers to stop fighting and surrender to the enemy? Something similar has occurred in the once tranquil city of Seattle, Wash., where in the midst of riots and over the objections of the mayor and police chief, the city council has voted to defund the police and reduce by 100 the number of officers on the force. The city council added to the indignity by cutting the chief's salary. Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best resigned in her own form of protest. SEATTLE POLICE CUTS FACE POTENTIAL FEDERAL PUSHBACK Seattle has about 1,400 police officers, clearly not enough given the ongoing lawlessness. The council vote to reduce the force is far less than the 50 percent cut demanded by the Black Lives Matter organization, which increasingly seems to be running -- and ruining -- Seattle and other cities. This decision could be seen as a victory for mob rule and could...
    Let me be blunt. This wasn’t the world I imagined for my denouement. Not faintly. Of course, I can’t claim I ever really imagined such a place. Who, in their youth, considers their death and the world that might accompany it, the one you might leave behind for younger generations? I’m 76 now. True, if I were lucky (or perhaps unlucky), I could live another 20 years and see yet a newer world born. But for the moment at least, it seems logical enough to consider this pandemic nightmare of a place as the country of my old age, the one that I and my generation (including a guy named Donald J. Trump) will pass on to our children and grandchildren. Back in 2001, after the 9/11 attacks, I knew it was going to be bad. I felt it deep in my gut almost immediately and, because of that, stumbled into creating TomDispatch.com, the website I still run. But did I ever think it would be this bad? Not a chance. I focused back then on what already looked to me like...
    An old shooting chum of King Juan Carlos once revealed how Spain’s dashing monarch liked to arrive at his country’s great partridge estates equipped with no fewer than three matching shotguns and a mattress. When birds began to whistle overhead, he would empty both barrels of each gun, before throwing it onto the mattress placed at his feet. A team of at least three manservants would then form a sort of human chain, gathering the 12 bores, reloading, and placing them into his outstretched arm. This unorthodox system allowed Juan Carlos, who in his younger days was an excellent marksman, to shoot at least six partridges from each passing group, without once having to pause or remove his eye from the horizon. Pictured: Spain's Crown Prince Felipe, Spain's King Juan Carlos and Spain's Princess Letizia attend the Spanish National day military parade in Madrid in 2012 Pictured: King Juan Carlos, Manfred Osterwald and Princess Corinna of Sayn-Wittgenstein at the Schloss Schockingen in Stuttgart, Germany in 2006 Later in the day, after the killing had stopped, the perma-tanned King liked...
    President Donald Trump on Monday claimed mail-in votes will lead to a 'great embarrassment our country' this November, argued the United States Post Office is not ready to handle the millions of ballots expected to come through its system and advised New York to redo its June primary contest that remains undecided. The president has railed against the mail-in voting option that many states are turning to in order to combat the spread of the coronavirus.  He slammed Nevada officials for approving a vote-by-mail election for this November and pointed to a New York congressional primary that was held on June 23 and remains undecided as a reason to fear mail-in ballots for the presidential election. 'There's never been a push like this for mail-in ballots,' the president said, not addressing the concerns long lines at voting booths could spread the coronavirus. President Donald Trump claimed mail-in votes will lead to a 'great embarrassment our country' this November, argued the United States Post Office is not ready to handle the millions of ballots expected to come through its system and...
    Lawlessness in parts of our country, including Portland, Ore., is met with willful tolerance by many on the left. In some Democrat-led cities, rioters are given carte blanche to engage in destructive behavior. This lawless chaos raises two related societal questions for the United States of America. First, how do we continue to recruit and retain brave men and women to serve in law enforcement? Second, what does all of this mean for the American way of life as we know it? In Portland, what started as peaceful protests over the death of George Floyd, led by groups such as the NAACP and “Black Lives Matter,” has escalated into something quite different. Protesters set fires to public buildings, shine lasers in law enforcement officers’ eyes and try to pull down security fences. NEWT GINGRICH: 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION — SEAN HANNITY AND I AGREE: AMERICA IS ON THE BRINK One businessman passenger on a recent flight from San Francisco to Portland engaged a group of Antifa volunteers on the same flight. During his conversations, the businessman expressed surprise that the volunteers would take...
    EXCLUSIVE: Elizabeth Pipko captivated the public’s attention in 2019 when she revealed she kept her work on Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign a secret while simultaneously working as a model for one of the world's top agencies.Now, the model and founder of The Exodus Movement is ready to reveal much more than her conservative views in a new book titled "Finding My Place: Making My Parents’ American Dream Come True." In an exclusive interview with Fox News, Pipko, who's been dubbed a “rising star in the conservative movement” by some, says there’s a lot more to her than a quick Google search. In her upcoming memoir, Pipko plans to address a multitude of questions surrounding her platform, but ultimately, her story is one she hopes will evoke a sense of patriotism in readers amid a political divide she feels has increased significantly in recent years. MODEL AND EXODUS FOUNDER ELIZABETH PIPKO LEANS ON FAITH: ‘IN ANYTHING THAT I DO, I KNOW I GO WITH GOD’ Elizabeth Pipko will release 'Finding My Place' on Aug. 25. (Annie Wermiel/NY Post) "There is so much attention that...
    THE BRITISH economy is out of intensive care, but the return of the patient to full health is painfully slow. This week’s official figures revealed that growth in May was just 1.8 per cent, much lower than most economists predicted. 12Rishi Sunak revealed another £30billion of public money was added to his mini-BudgetCredit: Rex Features The anaemic recovery adds to the pressure for further action from the Chancellor Rishi Sunak, who has already lavished a fortune on support programmes. His recent mini-Budget added another £30billion of public money to the colossal £280billion he had previously promised to prevent economic meltdown. Nothing on this scale has ever been seen in peace time and public finances have taken an unprecedented battering. 12The economy needs more financial support from hi-tech giantsCredit: Alamy Public finances have taken an unprecedented battering As Government borrowing soars and the national debt swells, there is a real threat that the Chancellor will have to put up taxes to restore some stability. But it would be profoundly unfair if ordinary British citizens were now to...
    IN these uncertain times, it is vital the Government gives people and businesses the stability they need by delivering on its promises with clarity and conviction. And we must help our economy recover, grow and thrive by declaring to the world that Britain is open for business. ⚠️ Read our Brexit live blog for the latest news & updates 2The Home Secretary, Priti Patel, writes for the Sun on SundayCredit: PA:Press Association 2Ms Patel says the Government's Brexit plan for borders will boost our NHS and our economy Credit: PA:Press Association That is why I am this week further setting out our plans to take back control of our borders and unleash the country’s full potential through our new points-based immigration system. Sun on Sunday readers will be as proud as I am to think that from January 1, 2021, we will be a sovereign nation with an immigration system that attracts the best from all over the world and welcomes people based on their skills, not where they are from. We are cutting red tape and giving businesses more...
    BORIS Johnson will today join millions of Brits to clap and cheer our NHS heroes on the health service’s 72nd birthday. The PM will invite the public to pay tribute to frontline workers and volunteers with a live broadcast at 5pm to commemorate their work fighting the coronavirus crisis. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates 4Boris Johnson will today join millions of Brits to clap and cheer our NHS heroes on the health service’s 72nd birthday A Spitfire with the message "Thank U NHS" painted on its underside will also fly over several NHS hospitals in the east of the country, finishing over Cambridge. It comes after the hugely successful #ClapforCarers iniative which lasted for 10 weeks following lockdown with millions across the country taking part. More than 100,000 hospital inpatients have been treated for Covid-19 in the UK, including Mr Johnson, along with many more who suffered with the virus at home. Members of the armed forces constructed eight NHS Nightingale hospitals within weeks, which are all now being held on standby. CLAP...
    I always enjoy Meteor Blades’ post about July 4, which highlights Frederick Douglass' iconic speech, "The Meaning of July 4th for the Negro," delivered in Rochester, New York, in 1852. The speech described the alienation enslaved people and African Americans in general felt from July 4, and also from America more broadly. Although the most often-quoted section discusses that sense of alienation, it is also important to remember Douglass' conclusion to the speech: Allow me to say, in conclusion, notwithstanding the dark picture I have this day presented, of the state of the nation, I do not despair of this country. There are forces in operation which must inevitably work the downfall of slavery. "The arm of the Lord is not shortened," and the doom of slavery is certain. I, therefore, leave off where I began, with hope. While drawing encouragement from "the Declaration of Independence," the great principles it contains, and the genius of American Institutions, my spirit is also cheered by the obvious tendencies of the age. Douglass remained optimistic about the future despite the reality that in 1852,...
    President Donald Trump attacked “cancel culture” and “far left fascism” in a highly politicized, campaign-like speech at the ostensibly non-partisan Independence Day event at Mt. Rushmore on Friday, blasting what he said was the left’s “merciless campaign to wipe out our history.” In a speech where the fiery rhetoric seemed ripped from one of his politically rallies, Trump revisited the revolutionary origins of the country, but then quickly pivoted to attacking his political opposition, which he characterized was a new, existential threat to America, “Our Founders boldly declared we are all endowed with the same divine rights given us by our creator in heaven. And that which god has given us, we will allow no one ever to take away ever,” Trump said, before firing off salvos at the left-wing demonstrators around the country. “Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our Founders to face the most sacred memorial and unleashed a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they are doing this, but some know exactly what they are...
    (CNN)In the age of coronavirus, young Americans are increasingly fed up with their country. But it seems there is another layer to our newfound dynamic of social distancing: this generation of "Zoomers" is also feeling increasingly separated from their American identity. Where national tragedy has historically inspired heightened patriotism, it is now highlighting just how far apart many young Americans feel from the United States. Back in 2001, in the months following 9/11, a group of students at Harvard Kennedy School's Institute of Politics saw a problem: many young Americans wanted to engage in public service, but they were not nearly as engaged in public policy or politics. Namely, they didn't vote in large numbers. Seeking an explanation for this dissonance and hoping to understand how young Americans felt about their place in our country, they created the Harvard Public Opinion Project, the longest-running poll of young American attitudes toward politics and public service. Today, we're still investigating how young people feel about America. Earlier this year, we asked ourselves: if we could change one thing about the country,...
    One town in New York has found a way to celebrate what they said “our country stands for” with a new golden soldier statue. “We started getting donations from a lot of people, and we were so surprised that we raised so much money,” Richard Olenoski, project lead said of the new statue that stands in Bloomfield’s Veteran Park, per Fox6Now.com in a piece published Sunday.  (RELATED: REPORT: Coachella Potentially Rescheduled To October Due To Coronavirus Fears) “A numbing experience,” Myra Gallagher, Bloomfield resident added. “I never thought it would happen.” (RELATED: Pearl Jam Postpones North American Tour Over Growing Coronavirus Concerns) Video of the soldier can be seen by clicking here. At a time when statues across the country are coming down, a handful of people in the Bloomfield area put one up — a statue developers say everyone can get behind. https://t.co/3T2eMDsv7B — FOX6 News (@fox6now) June 29, 2020 “The people that were behind this were undying,” she added. “They just jumped over every hurdle that was put up to them. Look at — people appreciate what...
    (CNN)Country singer Chase Rice is facing criticism from his fellow musicians after video of a concert this weekend showed a large group of attendees squeezed in together and not wearing face coverings.Rice shared footage from his show, held Saturday on the grounds of the Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary in Petros, Tennessee, on Instagram stories, which disappears after 24 hours.The video has since been shared on multiple other social media accounts.Brushy Mountain is a former prison more than 130 miles east of Nashville that has been converted into a museum and concert venue. The video showed a mostly mask-less crowd packed in together, singing and jumping as Rice, 34, urged them on from the stage.Read MoreWhen contacted by CNN for comment, a rep for Rice forwarded a statement from Brian May, vice president of the Brushy Mountain Group, stating, "All local requirements were abided by for the recent concert, and numerous precautions were taken.""We drastically reduced our maximum venue capacity of 10,000 to 4,000 maximum capacity (lower than the state's advisement of 50%) with less than 1,000 (954 tickets sold with...
    Painting a dire portrait of crime and policing in America, former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton laments he has "never seen it so bad in terms of the potential for continued disarray," pointing to a return to the dangers of the 70s and 80s. "We are a country – in cities, all of our cities – whose social norms of behavior and criminal justice system are in extreme disarray, and its getting worse, not better," Bratton, who has spent 50 years in policing, running police departments in New York City, Boston, and Los Angeles, told "The Cats Roundtable" on WABC 770 AM-N.Y. Bratton noted to host John Catsimatidis disturbing trends in Democrat-run cities – "tilting incredibly fast to the far left" – working to reduce police forces while civil unrest burns. "We are rapidly moving toward a repeat of the 70s and 80s that led to our worst crime year in our history in our country, 1990," Bratton said. "In city after city, shootings, murderers, violence, and other forms of crime are on the increase. And nobodys paying any attention to it. Its amazing. They...
    How long can this nation survive when its main cultural and educational institutions preach a relentless, unchallenged stream of anti-Americanism to young people (and others) who lack the background to resist this toxicity? Along with others, I have long argued that the American left has a major problem with America as founded. Yet Democrats are outraged by the suggestion, and too many Republicans seem insufficiently concerned about it. They better wake up. DEROY MURDOCK: SUPPORT FOR BUBBA WALLACE SHOWS WIDESPREAD OPPOSITION TO RACISM – DESPITE LEFT'S CLAIMS If current events aren't enough to turn your head, please consider the following data presented by Eric Kaufmann, professor of politics at the University of London Birkbeck College. Kaufmann writes that the "cultural revolutionaries" who are toppling statues and renaming buildings "are changing minds, and could be in a position to enact a root-and-branch reconstruction of America into something completely unrecognizable to its present-day inhabitants." He adds: "Imagine a country whose collective memory has been upended, with a new constitution, anthem, and flag, its name changed from the sinful 'America' to something less...
    (CNN)The Department of Defense announced its plans on Friday for Fourth of July festivities across the nation, including flyovers above historic American locations and a celebration in the nation's capital. Flyovers are planned over a number of locations, including Mount Rushmore and various East Coast cities, in "an aerial salute to several cities that played roles in the American Revolution," Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Chris Mitchell said in a statement, adding that the exact timing of the flyovers has yet to be announced.Flyovers will travel from Boston to New York City, Philadelphia and Baltimore before they "join other Department of Defense and heritage aircraft in the Salute to America over our nation's capital," Mitchell said. "DOD will provide aerial, musical and ceremonial support to this year's celebration in Washington, DC," he added, and about 1,700 service members total are slated to participated across all of the events.Last week, the White House announced that President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump would host the 2020 Salute to America on the White House South Lawn and the adjacent 52-acre Ellipse, concluding...
    WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — In Delaware, 78 additional people have tested positive for coronavirus. Sen. Chris Coons visited Frawley Stadium in Wilmington Friday. The Democratic senator toured the testing site, greeting the staff that tested patrons, and helped administer some of the tests. His visit comes just a day after Gov. John Carney announced the state is delaying Phase 3 or reopening because of the resurgence of the virus around the country. A big area of concern is the Delaware beaches. “We need more compliance in southern Delaware in terms of wearing masks and social distancing. None of us wanna see our businesses, our schools, our community, our economy closed one day longer than it has to be. But as we’re seeing a resurgence of the pandemic in other states around the country, I think it’s appropriate for us to refocus on the public health challenges that we’re gonna face if we don’t all practice safe social distancing,” Coons said. Coons is urging all Delawareans and Americans to wear a mask to stop the spread of the virus.
    Igor Derysh June 26, 2020 11:06PM (UTC) Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., took a page out of President Donald Trump's book and declared "war" on Confederate statue protesters as his poll numbers trend downward. Graham argued that individuals calling to remove Confederate statues representing slave-holders who went to war against the U.S. were the ones who "hate our country." : "We're at war with them politically," he declared Friday on "Fox & Friends." ". . . The people doing this hate our country. They hate the way we were founded. They hate capitalism. They have no respect for religion. They have no respect for diversity of thought." "These people are the most radical people known to America . . . They want to destroy America," Graham claimed, defending traitors who killed hundreds of thousands of Americans so they could keep enslaving human beings. "They hate America, and every symbol of our country, from our flag to a statue. They hate. They want to turn us into a socialist nation. They want to destroy the family unit as we know it." Graham then framed the...
    The novel coronavirus pandemic continues to wreak havoc on college sports. First, Division III Bowdoin College in Maine cancelled all of its fall sports, and now Division II Morehouse College in Atlanta has done the same with football and cross country. “Like all of the decisions we’ve made related to COVID-19, this was a difficult one but was made with the health and well-being of our students and community in mind,” Morehouse president David Thomas said in a statement. “It follows my intention to maintain a safe campus in hopes that our students will be able to return in August. Our Maroon Tiger teams travel to other NCAA institutions and cannot compete without breaking from social distancing guidelines still maintained by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Sporting events also invite individuals to our campus who will not be subject to the testing and monitoring that we plan to implement for our students, faculty, and staff. “I know this news will be most disappointing to our scholar-athletes, especially our seniors. I can only ask for your understanding and respect...
    Thursday on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” host Tucker Carlson warned of the headwinds facing President Donald Trump’s reelection bid this November. According to Carlson, Trump should be in a good position to win reelection, but as circumstances have it, he is not. “Not many people are saying it out loud on the right, but the fact is that President Trump could well lose this election,” he said. “In fact, unless fundamental facts change soon, it could be tough for him to be reelected. If the president does lose, that means just a few months from now, Joe Biden would become the president. The United States government would fall into the control of the radicals who controlled Joe Biden, and they will remake the country. Now, we are fully aware that virtually nobody watching the show tonight wants to hear that, but it’s true, and key people around the president know that it’s true. They’ve seen the numbers. They’re concerned.” “At some point in the future, historians will marvel at the fact that the president lost ground during a...
    Thursday, during an interview with Washington Post national political reporter Robert Costa, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said President Donald Trump was “glorifying white supremacy” by not wanting to rename U.S. military bases named after members of the Confederacy. Costa asked, “Should art depicting slave owners, including our nation’s Founding Fathers, come down in the country.” Pelosi said, “Are you talking about the patriarch of our country George Washington, the author of our Declaration of Independence Thomas Jefferson? No. I don’t think they should come down. I do think, though, in the Capital where we have members of the Confederacy who served as Speaker, their painting should come down. I do think in the Capitol were we have statures of the president of the Confederacy and the vice president of the Confederacy along by what that said about people and our country, I think they should come out. It’s not about one issue of if at the time they owned slaves. It’s about what did they do about it. ” She continued, “And in terms of the military bases, these...
    Rebuking his congressional nemesis, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., President Donald Trump said "these bad people" make the U.S. the "toughest country to deal with." "They said to me, what is the toughest country to deal with: Is it China? Could it be North Korea? and I said, No, its the United States of America the toughest country to deal with because we have Schumer and Pelosi and people that are bad people that I honestly believe dont love our country," Trump told host Sean Hannity in a Fox News town hall taped live Thursday in Green Bay, Wisconsin. "What they do to our country and what theyve done with this scam, the whole scam​," Trump added, referring to the investigations by Congress during the first three-plus years of his presidency. © 2020 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
    President Donald Trump ripped Democrats during his Fox News town hall Thursday night, saying Democrats are harder to work with than China or Russia and that their leaders don’t love America. Trump made the statement twice Thursday during his visit to a naval shipyard in Wisconsin in response to Fox News host Sean Hannity’s questions about foreign policy. Trump said people always assumed China, Russia or North Korea were the hardest people he’d ever had to work with, but he argued Democrats are worse. “We have [Chuck] Schumer and [Nancy] Pelosi and people that are bad people that I honestly believe don’t love our country,” he said. TULSA, OKLAHOMA – JUNE 20: U.S. President Donald Trump arrives at a campaign rally at the BOK Center, June 20, 2020 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Trump is holding his first political rally since the start of the coronavirus pandemic at the BOK Center today while infection rates in the state of Oklahoma continue to rise. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images) The comment came after a week of tumultuous conflict between Republicans and Democrats in...
    There is a fanatical and increasingly violent form of fascism growing on the streets of our country. Civil debate and free speech are out. Power on the streets is in. If that scares you, the fact that our country’s political, corporate and media leaders seem to be OK with this mob violence should scare you even more. The spark that ignited our current unrest was the brutal murder of George Floyd by police officer Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis, all caught on video. President Donald Trump, for all his skills, is unable to effectively lead at a time like this, especially on a sensitive issue like race. His talks have veered from awkward to unhelpful. The pandemic and the subsequent spike in unemployment have left millions of young Americans with too much time on their hands and too little hope for economic advancement. As for Democrats and the media, they are all too happy to sow chaos in an election year if they think it may lead to Trump’s removal. Big companies are, as usual, hoping to stay out of the...
    President Trump's Fox News town hall with Sean Hannity on Thursday night presented a rare opportunity for the nation's commander-in-chief to answer questions coming directly from everyday Americans. Town hall audience members in Green Bay, Wis., didn't hold back, asking the president about numerous topics, including mail-in voting, the recent rioting in America's cities -- and what Trump considered to be his greatest accomplishment since taking office. Addressing one audience member's inquiry, Trump said he thought mail-in voting posed the “biggest risk” to a fair election come November. 'The most important question'“I think it’s the most important question I’ll be asked,” Trump said after an audience wanted to know how the president will make sure the election is “free from fraudulent and absentee votes and mail-in ballots.” Trump raised his concerns about states like California that plan to do an all-mail-in ballot election this fall because of coronavirus concerns. The president said mail-in ballots would raise questions about the integrity of the election. A "Hannity" town hall audience member in Green Bay, Wis., on Thursday asks President Trump about protecting November's election. California Gov....
    One of the largest school districts in the country has presented parents with “one of the first concrete plans” for a coming school year. Fairfax County Public Schools in Virginia—which represents 189,000 students, according to The Washington Post—sent an email to parents outlining two different options for this coming school year. The first option would offer “virtual” instruction four days a week. The second option is a two-day-a-week program inside of schools with “independent study” promoted for the remaining days of the week. The first option will obviously be available only to families that have the means of creating a virtual classroom at home or somewhere safe. The latter option is clearly a less safe plan, but it has the benefit of in-person learning, something that everyone would prefer in a non-pandemic world. In the email, Superintendent Scott Brabrand wrote that while “[o]ur first preference, of course, remains 100 percent in-person learning,” the current public health crisis does not allow for this. The Trump Administration and conservative pushes to reopen our country faster are throwing our country’s inequalities and fundamental flaws into stark relief. Schools...
    The overwhelming majority of those trying to enter the country illegally are being "expeditiously" returned rather than put into detention, in part because of a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) order in March to combat the coronavirus crisis, the head of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) testified Thursday. The CDC order, issued in late March in response to the coronavirus crisis, suspends “the introduction of persons from designated countries or places, if required, in the interest of public health.” It allows the federal government to return those entering the country illegally or seeking asylum back to their country of origin in order to stop the spread of the coronavirus. NUMBER OF MIGRANTS IN CBP CUSTODY AT BORDER PLUMMETS AMID CORONAVIRUS CRISIS While the Trump administration has implemented a number of measures to deal with illegal immigration -- including the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) -- acting CBP Commissioner Mark Morgan testified to the House Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee that the effect of the order has been dramatic. “Early on, after the order, we saw those trying to illegally enter our...
    The actress Jenny Slate has apologized for her “flawed” decision to voice a non-white character on the Netflix show “Big Mouth.” Slate announced that she is stepping aside from the role, acknowledging that her initial decision to voice the animated character was a symptom of her “white privilege.”  She explained that she originally thought it was okay because her character, Missy, has a white Jewish mother. But she now understands that she could only take on that role because of “unjust allowances made within a system of societal white supremacy.” She makes a salient point, of course. It is well known that the ultimate goal of any Nazi or Klan member is to be a voice actor for a mixed race cartoon character. Slate promised to do her part to fight the white supremacist scourge by “engaging in meaningful anti-racist action,” and she expressed deep remorse for anyone she may have “hurt” by doing voice overs on a cartoon show.  On the same day, actress Kristen Bell stepped aside from her role voicing a non-white character named Molly on the...
    Former national security adviser Michael Flynn, during a call-in to Rush Limbaughs radio program, said a U.S. appeals court decision to order a federal judge to drop the governments criminal case against him is good not only for him and his family, but also for the country.  "Its really a great boost of confidence for the American people and our justice system because that’s what this really comes down to, is whether or not our justice system is going to have the confidence of the American people," Flynn told Limbaugh Wednesday, shortly after the ruling was announced. The retired lieutenant general added that hes always fought for the rule of law, and that "we have to make it work whether we like it or not, and it has to work with the right people and the right leaders and the people of our country to step up to the plate." On Wednesday, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit ruled in a 2-1 decision, in favor of Flynn and the Trump administration to prevent...
    Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn surprised radio host Rush Limbaugh with a call to his radio show on Wednesday, telling Limbaugh that an appeal court ruling in his favor just hours earlier was “a great boost of confidence for the American people in our justice system.” “I will just tell you that I have always believed and fought for our rule of law,” Flynn said. “The most important thing that we have in this country, bar none, is that. And we have to make it work, whether we like it or not.” In a 2-1 decision, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled Wednesday that District Judge Emmet Sullivan must dismiss a criminal case against Flynn for allegedly lying to FBI investigators about his contact with Russia’s ambassador prior to Flynn’s brief tenure as President Donald Trump’s national security adviser. Justice Department prosecutors filed a motion in May to dismiss the charges, but Sullivan expressed objection, appointing a former judge to argue against the Justice Department’s position. Writing for the majority, Appellate Judge Neomi Rao...
    President Donald Trump reinvigorated his re-election campaign Tuesday night, during a defining speech to young supporters at a church in Arizona. “This is a choice of two futures: the left’s vision of disunity and discord or our vision of equal opportunity and equal justice,” he said. The speech touched on the big themes of the president’s America First agenda; immigration, China, big tech censorship, Democrats push for voting by mail, and the radical left’s war on America’s heritage and monuments. “We will never cave to the left-wing and the left-wing intolerance. We will never surrender to mob violence, and we will uphold American freedom, equality, and justice for every citizen of every background,” Trump said as the crowd cheered. The atmosphere of the event was supercharged with enthusiastic young people as Students for Trump and Turning Point Action teamed up to rent the Dream City Church in North Phoenix for the event, which holds about 3,000 people. The president acknowledged this ongoing fight against a more radicalized left that used their power to suppress free speech. “Anyone who dissents from...
    "Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Tuesday that protesters who tried to take down a statue of Andrew Jackson near the White House Monday night simply "don't like the country." "People are trying to find fault with our past because they don't like the country," Kilmeade declared. "These people aren't trying to make our country better." FROM GEORGE WASHINGTON TO ULYSSES S. GRANT: STATUES, MONUMENTS VANDALIZED EXTEND BEYOND CONFEDERATES AMID BLACK LIVES MATTER PROTESTS "You want to destroy our past," Kilmeade added, "because we don’t live up to the lofty standards of the shirtless skateboarders who want to petition and protest and try to intimidate reporters on a nightly basis." VideoDelving into Jackson's life, Kilmeade, who hosts "What Made America Great" on Fox Nation, declared him "an American success story." "If you want to make America better, put a plaque on there and say ... he was part of the Indian Removal Act and those weren't positive things -- but there was a generation, the Jacksonian Era," he said. "That's why there's a statue." CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP "I'm so glad they made the statue as tough as the person," Kilmeade went on, "because they couldn't get him...
    (Bloomberg) – I really appreciate my friends from first-world economies who send me messages about the importance of handwashing. I also envy your blissful ignorance. As a resident of Caracas, a long time ago I learned not to depend on government services. I can live with intermittent electricity and internet, gaping streets and empty tanks at state gas stations. What it costs me is not having enough water. The geniuses of the Ministry of Health who advise us to vigorously wash our hands for 20 seconds, between the fingers, above and not forgetting the wrists, obviously have not attempted this feat with a pot of cloudy liquid in the sink, waiting for the water to flow by the taps. Of all the essentials, water is the most essential during the coronavirus pandemic. Cleanup is more than ever a matter of life and death in the face of the increase in covid-19 infections (after a gradual relaxation of some quarantine regulations, the Government has just said that it would return to greater restrictions after a rapid increase in cases) . The...
    COVID-19 cases in Honduras reached 12,772 this Sunday with 519 new infections in one day, which determined that their authorities regressed in the first phase of the economic reactivation in the capital, while the country’s president, Juan Orlando Hernández, He called the unit to beat the pandemic. The Central American country returned to exceed 500 contagions a day just one day before the second phase of its economic opening will begin. The National Risk Management System (Sinager) indicated on the national radio and television network that in the last 24 hours there were five deaths in Honduras from COVID-19, three of them in the department of Francisco Morazán, where the capital is located. , Tegucigalpa, bringing the death toll to 363. Hospitalizations total 1,046, of the 326 correspond to patients in serious condition and 49 in the intensive care unit (ICU), according to the official report. The Honduran body emphasized that, out of 1,078 tests to diagnose COVID-19 made by the National Virology Laboratory, 519 were positive, so that those infected with the disease now number 12,772. The Sinager also...
    The president of the employers of thepharmaceutical industryin Spain (Farmaindustria),Martín Sellés,and his vice president,Juan López-Belmonte, detailed this Monday at the summit ‘Spanish companies leading the future’, organized by theCEOE, a battery of proposals to create jobs and increase investment in research and drug production. Among his proposals is investment in research and the recovery of offshored production. In line with the speech that the president of Farmaindustria made a few days ago in the Commission for Social and Economic Reconstruction, in the Congress of Deputies, the vice presidentLópez Belmontehas put on the table thefour big goalson which the pharmaceutical industry can help the economic revival of our country. The first, act on employment: “We create quality employment, highly qualified and with permanent contracts.We have almost 6,000 people working in R&D and 65% of them are women. Between direct, indirect and induced employment, we employ more than200,000 people in Spainto. This quality job is the one that all countries want to create, because it is the one that generates wealth and resists crises better. Under the right conditions, we can grow...
    (CNN)Father's Day is just another reason for former first lady Michelle Obama to shower her husband with some extra love.She posted to Instagram a photograph of former President Barack Obama and their two daughters, Malia and Sasha, along with a heartwarming note."Thank you for the way you love our girls—and all the young people in this country, no matter who they are or where they come from," she captioned the post. "We feel your warmth and generosity today and everyday. Happy Father's Day, Barack! View this post on Instagram Thank you for the way you love our girls—and all the young people in this country, no matter who they are or where they come from. We feel your warmth and generosity today and everyday. Happy Father's Day, Barack! ❤️ A post shared by Michelle Obama (@michelleobama) on Jun 21, 2020 at 7:02am PDT The former President remains outspoken on issues plaguing the country, including the death of George Floyd in police custody, saying it "shouldn't be 'normal' in 2020 America.""It can't be 'normal.' If we want our children to...
    Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said President Donald Trump’s rally in Tulsa, OK on Saturday, was an “embarrassment” and that she hopes it is a harbinger for things to come. She said she believed the president was a “danger” to America. Host Jake Tapper said, “The president held his first rally since the pandemic began last night. What was your response to his remarks?” Bottoms said, “You know, Jake, like so many people across this country, my first response was that I hope that this is a preview for November. That finally, people are recognizing that this man is a danger to our country, a danger to our democracy, and he should not be the president of the United States of America.” “That rally was an embarrassment,” she continued. “It was absolutely what the nation does not need right now. He did not speak about healing. He did not recognize any of the racial tensions that are happening across our country. Instead, he does what he always does. He continues to try and divide us...
    The movement to topple statues goes against everything America stands for, Black Voices for Trump Advisory Board member David Harris Jr. said Saturday. “For one, it exposes that the movement was never about black lives. It had nothing whatsoever to do with black lives,” he told Breitbart News at President Trump’s rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Harris Jr. continued: So the fact that this movement now, where they’re defaming statues, they’ve desecrated Abraham Lincoln’s statue, George Washington’s statue, Christopher Columbus statue, Saint Serra, I think it is in San Francisco, that started the first nine missions in California. He’s holding a cross, they yanked it down. It’s anti-Christ, it’s anti-America, it’s anti-everything that is our country, and it’s a Marxist agenda and every single one of them should be thrown in jail. In San Francisco Friday, protesters pulled down statues of St. Junipero Serra, former President Ulysses S. Grant, and a 131-year-old statue of Francis Scott Key, who wrote “The Star-Spangled Banner,” according to Breitbart News. Police said about 400 people gathered at the Grant statue that evening to tear it from its...
    Eric Trump has described the protesters who were 'taking over our cities' as 'animals', in a passionate speech warming-up the crowd before his father's rally in Tulsa. Flanked by his wife Lara, Eric, 36, promised his father would keep fighting for all his supporters and lashed out at protesters.  He said those that caused chaos in the streets were bringing shame on the country, describing as 'nonsense' their cause.  Eric Trump spoke at Saturday's rally in Oklahoma, and lashed out at rioters and protesters 'We're going to keep the moral fabric of this country, because when you watch the nonsense on TV, when you see these animals literally taking over our cities, right? Burning down churches? 'This isn't America. That's not what Americans do.' No churches are known to have been burnt down by rioters, although several were damaged. St John's Episcopal Church opposite the White House was targeted by arsonists, but the fire was extinguished before damage could be done.  In New York City the landmark St Patrick’s Cathedral was defaced by graffiti, and the Basilica of Saint...
    A new ad that’s set to air on Fox News in Tulsa features longtime Oklahoma Republican voters who say that President Donald Trump does not deserve to be reelected. The ad, which was produced by the Republican Voters Against Trump organization, features two lifelong Oklahoma Republicans named Carter and Nancy who say they regret backing the president in 2016 and that they hope he loses his reelection bid in 2020. “I voted for Donald Trump in 2016,” Nancy says in the ad. “I tried to cross my fingers and hope that we could get through four years without a major crisis. Well, I lost that bet!” Carter then accuses GOP lawmakers of being “scared” of the president and recommends that the party get back to some of its “core beliefs” that have been abandoned since Trump took it over. “Trump is a danger our country,” Nancy then chimes in. “He is a danger to our democracy. He needs to go — so I will be voting for Joe Biden.” Trump is set to have his big comeback rally in Tulsa...
    Melania Trump and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson took a trip to the National Archives Thursday to see the Emancipation Proclamation and the Charters of Freedom. “The National Archives is a treasured sanctuary for the written word and a monument to the principles of liberty, justice and equality for all,” the first lady shared at the end of her and Carson’s visit, per a release from the White House. (RELATED: Trump Orders DOJ, FBI To Investigate George Floyd’s Death In Police Custody)   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by First Lady Melania Trump (@flotus) on Jun 5, 2020 at 6:18am PDT “During our country’s long march towards freedom, the Emancipation Proclamation and the Charters of Freedom continue to reaffirm our country’s democratic ideals and the values that have inspired me and all Americans to this day,” she added.  (RELATED: Ivanka Turns Heads In Yellow And Black Floral Dress During Munich Trip) Melania and Carson first stop was to the “Rotunda to view the three founding documents of America that constitute the Charters...
    Elected officials from California and the Bay Area applauded the Supreme Court’s Thursday morning ruling to maintain protections for DACA recipients, but cautioned that the decision is only a temporary fix and urged Congress to pass a long-term solution for young immigrants in the country. Gov. Gavin Newsom called the decision a victory that will help the more than 183,000 Californians enrolled in the program, which shields from deportation people brought into the country as children without documentation and allows them to work. There are nearly 644,000 DACA recipients in the country, according to the Migration Policy Institute. “We need a permanent solution for undocumented Californians and acknowledge that a pathway to citizenship is not enough,” Newsom said in a statement. “This moment reminds us we are confronting the systemic injustice and racism that exists within our nation and institutions. We will fight for everyone to be treated with dignity and respect.” California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, whose office led a coalition of state attorneys general in the U.S. Supreme Court fight over the future of DACA, cheered the decision...
    Elected officials from California and the Bay Area applauded the Supreme Court’s Thursday morning ruling to maintain protections for DACA recipients, but cautioned that the decision is only a temporary fix and urged Congress to pass a long-term solution for young immigrants in the country. Gov. Gavin Newsom called the decision a victory that will help the more than 183,000 Californians enrolled in the program, which shields from deportation people brought into the country as children without documentation while allowing them to work. There are nearly 644,000 DACA recipients in the country, according to the Migration Policy Institute. “We need a permanent solution for undocumented Californians and acknowledge that a pathway to citizenship is not enough,” Newsom said in a statement. “This moment reminds us we are confronting the systemic injustice and racism that exists within our nation and institutions. We will fight for everyone to be treated with dignity and respect.” California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, whose office led a coalition of state attorneys general in the Supreme Court fight over the future of DACA, cheered the decision but...
    It has been a terrible year so far. We had a pandemic that crashed a great economy, then a mixed-messaged lockdown and skyrocketing unemployment, followed by riots, looting, destruction of monuments and talk of defunding the police. My dad always told me that he was going to slap me into next year. I wish he were around to do it today. “Woke” millennials in Philadelphia protested, demanding the city take down the statue of Sylvester Stallone as Rocky when word circulated among them that he reportedly beat up two black guys in the 1980s. In retrospect we can get a sense of just how odd a year it has been. “Tiger King” is starting to seem normal. Now the country is torn apart with hatred, but back then the country united around hating Carole Baskin. Suddenly, fashionable cocktail party chatter is all about defunding the police. As a libertarian, I believe that if a service can be found in the Yellow Pages, government should not be doing it. So let’s defund the entirety of government with its $1 trillion-a-year deficits,...
    French police officers threw their handcuffs on the ground in a show of solidarity Thursday after feeling "insulted" by claims that France tolerates racism and police brutality. The officers protested across the country following a decision by Interior Minister Christophe Castaner to ban chokeholds in an effort to crack down on police brutality. Castaner noted that many officers "have failed in their Republican duty" and have exhibited racism toward minorities in the same way American police have shown to black suspects, the BBC reported. “We are angry at the announcements that are made, where we suspect the police of everything and nothing, whereas in our country the police really reflect the image of its population,” Xavier Leveau, of the police union, told media outlets. “People think that the police are racist, whereas in our country we have people of all ethnic groups, and we all work well together.” The police protests took place in Paris, Lille, Rennes, Bordeaux, Toulouse and other cities. Officers could be seen lining up and tossing their handcuffs on the ground. On Friday, French police defied a ban on mass gatherings to march against...
    Following the George Floyd protests, there have been cultural upheaval transpiring at breakneck speed. Christopher Columbus statues are being torn down, police TV shows are being canceled, rappers have taken control of autonomous zones, and cartoons dogs are being lambasted. With the woke mob ready to cancel anyone and anything, one country-pop music group took it upon themselves to try to avoid being maligned for their band name. Grammy-winning group Lady Antebellum announced Thursday that it had changed its band name. From now on, Lady Antebellum will go by the name of "Lady A." The country-pop trio, who are best known for their 2009 hit song, "Need You Now," said they made the change because "blindspots we didn't even know existed have been revealed." Hillary Scott, Charles Kelley, and Dave Haywood released a letter to their fans about the change. "We've watched and listened more than ever these last few weeks, and our hearts have been stirred with conviction, our eyes opened wide to the injustices, inequality and biases Black women and men have always faced and...
    In a series of Tweets issued Thursday, the Grammy-winning country music group, Lady Antebellum, announced that they are changing their name to “Lady A,” in light of recent protests over the death of George Floyd during an arrest by Minneapolis police officers, and concerns their name brought to mind racist imagery. The group — made up of musician trio Hillary Scott, Dave Haywood, and Charles Kelley — has used the name, “Lady Antebellum” since 2006, according to CNN. The name, the band said, originally referenced the typical southern-style “Antebellum” home, which to them, “reminded us of all the music born in the south that influenced us…southern rock, blues, R&B, gospel and of course country.” Dear fans… pic.twitter.com/7JlcH2NMl6 — Lady A (@ladya) June 11, 2020 They say they did not realize the association the name had with slavery. “Antebellum” means “pre-war” in Latin, but is often used to refer to pre-Civil War southern culture. In their statement, the band says they now regret the decision to adopt the “Lady Antebellum” name. “We are regretful and embarrassed to say that we...
    The hit country group Lady Antebellum announced they have changed their name to Lady A and dropped the “Antebellum” due to the word’s ties to “slavery.” “We’ve watched and listened more than ever these last few weeks, and our hearts have been stirred with conviction, our eyes opened wide to the injustices, inequality and biases black women and men have always faced and continue to face every day,” a statement on Lady A’s website read Thursday. The post was noted by CMT. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by CMT (@cmt) on Jun 11, 2020 at 8:29am PDT “Now, blind spots we didn’t even know existed have been revealed,” the message added. “After much personal reflection, band discussion, prayer and many honest conversations with some of our closest black friends and colleagues, we have decided to drop the word ‘antebellum’ from our name and move forward as Lady A, the nickname our fans gave us almost from the start.” (RELATED: Minneapolis 3rd Police Precinct On Fire After...