Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 23:48:31
480 results - (0.000 seconds)

weakness:

latest news at page 1:
    In an exclusive statement to Breitbart News on Friday following the storming of the U.S. Embassy compound in Yemen and the taking of hostages there by a group whose terrorist designation was removed by President Biden, Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-PA) blasted the president’s “weak” stance on foreign issues as well as the media’s refusal to cover the event, claiming it seeks to “hide” the Democrats’ “dangerous, anti-American agenda.” Reschenthaler, who served in the Navy Judge Advocate General Corps and volunteered for duty in Iraq, began by slamming the recent signaling of American weakness to both the country and the world. “Joe Biden’s failure in Afghanistan sent shockwaves at home and abroad,” he said. “It signaled that the Biden Administration would not stand up to our enemies.”  He then lamented the “further tragedies” that resulted from that weakness. “Sadly, it’s no surprise his weakness resulted in further tragedies for our allies abroad with the detainment of foreign staffers of our Embassy in Yemen,” he said. “It’s clear, Americans and our allies are less safe with Joe Biden at the helm,” he...
    Donald Trump slammed the Biden administration for showing 'weakness' on China, claiming the communist country no longer respects the U.S. with President Joe Biden at the helm. 'China respected this country when I was president,' Trump told Fox News in a report published Tuesday. 'China does not respect our country any more. It is very sad.' Biden had his second phone call with Chinese President Xi Jinping in September, in which the White House said the president 'made clear' the U.S. is committed to an 'ongoing effort to responsibly manage the competition between the United States and the PRC [People's Republic of China].' Since the call, the White House has repeated its commitment to 'welcoming stuff competition' with the communist nation, adding that on the call 'the two leaders discussed the responsibility of both nations to ensure competition does not veer into conflict.' Trump, however, doesn't like Biden's strategy. 'I don't think it is a good way to express it to China,' the former president told Fox. 'It shows such weakness. We have shown such weakness.'  'And even that message –...
    EXCLUSIVE: The top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee is publicly pushing back on the Biden administration's assessment of the imminent threat China poses to the U.S. and its allies, saying that the Biden administration's weakness on foreign policy in wake of the Afghanistan withdrawal is "empowering and emboldening" America's enemies.Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas, the ranking member on the committee, spoke exclusively with Fox News following his remarks on a panel at the Aspen Security Forum in Washington, D.C. Thursday. MILLEY SAYS IT'S UNLIKELY CHINA WILL TRY TO MOVE ON TAIWAN IN NEXT TWO YEARS He called the Biden administration's Afghanistan withdrawal "one of the biggest foreign policy crises that I've seen in my tenure in Congress," pointing to the long term ramification of giving China a way into the country. "And we know that China is in Afghanistan," he warned. Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas speaks at a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, June 15, 2021. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik) (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik) "And my prediction is they're going to take over Bagram [Air Base], which...
    Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), along with Republican colleagues, blasted President Joe Biden and his administration for displaying weakness in dealing with Iran, having “inexplicably” removed sanctions from Iranian missile producers, and for “empowering” terrorists, in a letter addressing the president provided to Breitbart News ahead of its release. Writing out of “concern” over the Biden administration’s recent decision to relieve sanctions against two Iranian missile producers accused of “providing support to Iran’s ballistic missile program,” Rep. Brooks’ letter calls to “reject Iran’s request for $10 billion in sanctions relief as a precondition to any resumption of nuclear talks” while urging against a return to the 2015 Iran nuclear deal. After the Trump administration “rightfully withdrew” the U.S. from the Obama-negotiated deal, imposing nearly 1,500 sanctions “to ensure maximum pressure on Iran,” the letter calls out the current administration for having “inexplicably” removed sanctions from those missile producers last month. It also blasts the administration’s “silence” over Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian’s recent message to U.S. officials demanding billions in energy assets be unblocked in a quid pro quo for a...
    BERLIN (AP) — Though hardly to blame, Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has conceded seven goals in his last two games. While Bayern’s forwards are setting Bundesliga records, the team’s defense is offering rivals a route to success that few had attempted before. Most opponents concentrate first on their own defense in what is usually a futile attempt to restrain Bayern’s fearsome attacking lineup. But Borussia Mönchengladbach showed that attack is the best form of defense when it routed Bayern 5-0 in the German Cup last Wednesday — the Bavarian powerhouse’s biggest loss since 1978 — and Union Berlin showed again Saturday that Bayern’s defense can be fallible as it scored two goals before ultimately losing 5-2. Union’s performance was indicative as it fell behind 3-0 after a hesitant start, then finally began playing after pulling a goal back. Bayern eventually won, but the late goals came against the run of play with Union pegging the visitors back. Neuer was busy in both games helping his beleaguered defenders. Dayot Upamecano was overwhelmed in Gladbach. “With the exception of Neuer, it...
    Luanna and Henry were modest, temperate folk. Henry was probably a little more temperate. Luanna was more emotional, unsure, and perhaps a little “faint-hearted” (1 Thessalonians 5:14). Luanna needed encouragement and reassurance; especially spiritually. She had difficulty accepting her humanness. She mistakenly believed she should always be strong, and when she wasn’t, she questioned the authenticity of her faith. So each week I reminded Luanna that our faith is based upon God’s steadfastness, not ours; that we have to trust His promises not our feelings. It seemed to work; because by the end of my visit she always said, “I feel so much better. You always pick me up!” Luanna’s flattery disconcerted me. I thought, “Now she expects me to cheer her up every time I visit.” I felt pressured for a weekly encore. I fretted, “But what if one of these days I just don’t have it in me and I disappoint her?” Well, one of those days arrived. I’ll spare you the details; just trust me when I say I’d had a tough week. In the words of...
    Rob O’Neill thinks there are serious issues with weakness in American leadership. I recently sat down with the Navy SEAL who shot Osama Bin Laden for a lengthy interview on a variety of topics. At one point of the interview, we touched on crashing morale in the military and people in society who just don’t seem to care. O’Neill, who is never one to hold back, gave it to me about as bluntly as possible. “It’s so much deeper than just leaving Afghanistan. There’s so much weakness right now in the leadership here, and it’s not even weakness. A lot of it is by design by people in suits in the beltway. Personal power. That’s all they care about,” O’Neill passionately explained when talking about weak leadership and crashing morale. A few moments later, touched on the Second Amendment and gun control when talking about Australia, and he reminded people that it has nothing to do with hunting. You can watch his full comments below. If you haven’t already seen the full interview with O’Neill, I can’t recommend...
    Among many other things, the feed showcases instances of bad behavior by black Karens or Kendricks. Here's a video of a Rutgers University professor going on a racist rant for five minutes. The professor is a garden-variety Stacey Abrams. But here's a more interesting video. It shows an ugly incident on a New York subway. A black man punches a white woman for using the phrase "chill pill." You should watch the whole video. It's both sickening and fascinating. The violence is sickening. The reaction to it is fascinating. No one reacted. Women didn't move to check to see if the woman was harmed. Men didn't move to defend the woman. Everyone froze and watched. The most prevalent response on Twitter was to blast the men for not coming to the woman's defense. That was my gut reaction. And then I thought about what I would do in that situation. On my podcast and in these columns, I spend a lot of time talking about the need for men to be bold, fearless, and masculine. What would...
    Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo described China as an "adversary" on "Hannity" Tuesday night, adding how "America is showing weakness" following the debacle in Afghanistan and after the Iranians fired missiles from the Gaza Strip into Israel. MIKE POMPEO: "What we did for four years was make clear to the people of Taiwan that we'd be there to support them, to provide what they needed so they could defend themselves. And we made clear to the Chinese Communist Party that it was completely unacceptable if they took military action against the island of Taiwan. Those two basic facts were things President Trump was very clear he was prepared to defend. They could see that we did that elsewhere in the world when we struck Qasem Soleimani, when we fired rockets into Syria, when they use chemical weapons crossing President Trump's red line. I think they all knew that we were serious about protecting Americans. I think they realize that the debacle in Afghanistan, the fact the Iranians fired missiles from the Gaza Strip into Israel have all shown American...
    During an appearance on FBN’s “Kudlow,” former Vice President Mike Pence sounded off on the long-range implications the Biden administration’s ill-conceived withdrawal from Afghanistan could have for U.S. foreign policy, particularly with regards to China. Pence told FBN host Larry Kudlow that mishandling of the withdrawal by the United States could send a message of weakness to adversaries abroad. “Larry, weakness arouses evil, and the Biden administration’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan this August was a disgrace,” he said. “And it was a disservice to the generation of Americans who wore the uniform who served, especially those who sacrificed in Afghanistan, defending freedom. But there is no question that there was strategic implications to that disaster as well. And it is — it’s one of the reasons why I — I have spent time with some families of our service members who fell among the 13 at the attack at Kabul Airport.” “And I just have — I have told them, and I tell anyone looking on today, nothing of what this administration did in mishandling our withdrawal of Afghanistan will...
    Getty Penei Sewell blocking during a Lions game in September 2021. Detroit Lions offensive lineman Penei Sewell has had a few inconsistent weeks on the field after a solid early start to the season, but the player seems to have a good handle on why that is happening. Sewell has seemed to grasp that he can’t force things and will be going through the usual peaks and valleys as a rookie in the league. As he talks about what has played out so far, it’s becoming clear Sewell has a good head on his shoulders. The latest Lions news straight to your inbox! Join the Heavy on Lions newsletter here! Join Heavy on Lions! Speaking to the media on Friday, October 15 in an interview posted to DetroitLions.com, Sewell was asked where he thinks he needs to improve. As he said, he simply thinks he has to stat patient and know when to perhaps dial things back a bit on the field. “The number on thing for me is patience. I gotta stay patient,” Sewell explained....
    Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., told "America's Newsroom" on Friday that China escalating tensions with Taiwan shows the communist regime is exploiting President Biden’s weakness. Cotton reacted to a new editorial in China's state-run newspaper which declared, "the U.S. sending naval and air forces to defend Taiwan would be a death blow to U.S. soldiers." TAIWAN WILL NOT START WAR WITH CHINA, TOP MILITARY OFFICIAL SAYS TOM COTTON: It is strong language from China's propaganda outlets, and it's matched by their actions. They've been flying into Taiwan's airspace more aggressively now than at any time in recent history. I don't think this is probing for weakness, though I think this is exploiting a weakness that Joe Biden has already demonstrated. We have the humiliating retreat from Afghanistan. And then President Biden went to the United Nations and wouldn't even say China's name. Literally wouldn't say the word China.  He also said, 'We don't seek a Cold War.' Now, of course, America never seeks war of any kind. But when China is waging a Cold War against us, the only choice is...
    Nine need-to-knows for Week Seven of the Pac-12 football season … 1) Oregon’s second season begins Friday night when the Ducks (4-1/1-1) take the field for the first time since losing to Stanford. The margin for error and aura of invincibility gained from the victory at Ohio State are gone. Win out, and the Ducks should be fine: At 12-1, with a Pac-12 championship and victory over the Buckeyes, they would have a great case for the College Football Playoff. But a second defeat likely would doom their chances. No team with two losses has made the CFP cut in the seven-year history of the event. Their arduous journey commences, appropriately, with a difficult opponent: Cal has held the Ducks to 17 points in each of the past two seasons, with the teams splitting the games. Oregon has scored at least 20 points against every other conference opponent in that two-year span. 2) The Friday night affair (7:30 p.m., ESPN) is also Oregon’s first game without tailback CJ Verdell, who suffered a season-ending leg injury in the loss at Stanford....
    West Point graduate Jeremy Hunt torched the Biden administration Monday for its repositioning of the United States with the Taliban, urging the White House to project strength after the Taliban made it clear it will not work with America to prevent the spread of extremism in Afghanistan.  "We have to be strong. As a military we have to project strength," Hunt stated. "That's what our enemies understand is strength, and unfortunately, the Biden administration has weakened us in so many different ways." TALIBAN SAY THEY WON'T WORK WITH US TO CONTAIN ISLAMIC STATE "We have no leverage in the region anymore," said Hunt. "And so it's just it's really kind of embarrassing position that the Biden administration has put us in." Over the weekend, officials from the Taliban met with American officials in Doha for the first set of talks since the withdrawal of U.S. troops in August.  Topics included the safe passage of Americans and U.S. allies out of Afghanistan and the need to deter the nation from becoming a crockpot for extremism.  UPTICK IN AFGHAN TARGETED KILLINGSOF US...
    VIDEO1:0701:07Invesco's Kristina Hooper: There's a lot of 'excitement' in techTrading Nation Investors may want to hit the buy button the next time technology stocks sell off. Invesco's Kristina Hooper contends the group is playing a crucial role in corporate America's desire to boost productivity. "Technology over the longer term is going to benefit from increased corporate spending," the firm's chief global market strategist told CNBC's "Trading Nation" on Friday. "There's a lot of excitement there." But she suggests investors will need some patience. "We may not see it in the short run just because yields are going up," added Hooper. Wall Street's affinity for tech is waning chiefly because the 10-year Treasury Note yield is ticking higher. The yield hit a high of 1.617% during Friday's trading — its highest level since June 4. Growth stocks, which include tech, typically underperform in a rising rate environment because it puts pressure on profits. Over the past four weeks, the tech-heavy Nasdaq is off more than 5% from its all-time high, hit on Sept. 7. It fell 74.48 points on Friday to...
    In this article .N225 EWZ .KS11 VIDEO3:1003:10Trading Nation: The global market watch, and why Brazil lagsTrading NationChina is no longer the worst-performing international market. Brazil has taken the lead among laggards in the past month. The EWZ Brazil ETF has fallen 12% during that stretch, to its lowest level since mid-March. But, for investors seeing the potential to buy the dip, one market expert has a warning. "As tempting as it is to bargain hunt Brazil right now, I think ... there's just way too many problems," Boris Schlossberg, managing director of FX strategy at BK Asset Management, told CNBC's "Trading Nation" on Thursday. The first problem is a slowdown in China that will likely have a knock-on effect on Brazil as one of its largest trading and export partners, Schlossberg said. The second is concern over President Jair Bolsonaro's leadership, he said. Critics, outraged by Bolsonaro's response to the pandemic and a worsening economy, called for his impeachment during protests over the weekend.Stock picks and investing trends from CNBC Pro:Morgan Stanley reveals its top Asia dividend stocks ...
    Olivia Troye served as an adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence until resigning in August 2020. She has since become a major critic of the Trump administration and the Trump-era Republican party. Pence, meanwhile, made some eyebrow-raising comments about January 6th on Fox News Tuesday night. He told Sean Hannity that he “parted amicably” with Donald Trump and that the media focus on January 6 is a “distraction” that is intended to “demean the character and intentions” of Trump supporters. The former VP was, of course, directly threatened on January 6. Some protesters were heard chanting, “Hang Mike Pence!” Trump himself attacked Pence as he was being evacuated. The January 6 select committee is looking into the events leading up to that day, and has already subpoenaed a number of Trump allies. Troye said on CNN Tuesday that Pence’s comments were “appalling.” Anchor Victor Blackwell remarked that “this image of the former vice president as this defender of democracy on January 6th continues to disintegrate.” Troye told him Pence’s comments are “in keeping with what I would say Mike...
    Former Vice President Mike Pence called out President Joe Biden and his administration for continuing to engage in weak leadership on a global stage, warning that his position will only encourage more malign behavior from America's enemies. Pence told "Hannity" the Biden administration's disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan was the worst foreign policy debacle since Democratic President Jimmy Carter oversaw the Iran Hostage Crisis. "It never had to happen," Pence said of Biden's Afghan crisis. "The deal that our administration negotiated actually was finished in February of 2020. That was a matter of weeks after President Trump gave the order to take out Qassem Soleimani. It was just a few months after we had eliminated the ISIS caliphate and taken down Abubakr al-Baghdadi." Pence said he was in the room when Trump warned Taliban leader Abdul Baradar of grave consequences if Americans were harmed in Afghanistan – and that Baradar's voice belied his understanding that the Palm Beach Republican meant what he said. "We went 18 months without a single American casualty in Afghanistan," he said.  "Weakness arouses evil, Sean, and...
    A plea deal involving a senior Chinese telecommunications executive that coincided with China’s release of Western hostages exposes a fundamental flaw in President Joe Biden’s approach to Beijing and raises the risk that authoritarian states seize more Americans. “They took hostages,” Rep. Brad Sherman, a California Democrat and senior member of the Foreign Affairs Committee, told the Washington Examiner. “They defeated our criminal law by taking hostages. They took Canadian hostages. They took American hostages. And they were successful.” That frank admission dovetails with Chinese propaganda about the release of Huawei Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou, who faced extradition from Canada on charges that she committed fraud in order to facilitate Iran’s circumvention of U.S. sanctions. Justice Department officials touted the plea deal as Meng “tak[ing] responsibility for her principal role” in the sanctions-busting fraud. But Beijing has celebrated the outcome, and Sherman takes it as a sign that Biden is hamstrung by a desire to avoid the economic fallout from a major confrontation with China. “Everybody's in favor of doing something vis-a-vis China, as long as it doesn't inconvenience...
    Getty Luka Doncic and Kristap Porzingis in the NBA Bubble. In consecutive seasons, the Dallas Mavericks have been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. During the 2021 postseason, they were the worst rebounding team of any in the first round with just 40.6 per game.  However, their poor rebounding numbers weren’t just an issue in the postseason. This was something that held them back throughout the regular season as well.  In the 2020-21 season, Dallas was the ninth-worst rebounding team in the NBA, pulling down just 43.3 per contest. Being in the bottom third of the league was largely driven by their struggles on the offensive glass. They were 25th in the NBA last season with 9.1 offensive rebounds per game.  Why did the Mavericks struggle so much on the boards?  Addressing the Issue At the core of the Mavericks’ rebounding struggles last season was not having a dominant big who cleans up the boards. In fact, their top rebounder was Kristaps Porzingis, who pulled down just 8.9 rebounds per game.  From there, Luka Doncic was...
    In this episode, Vince and Jason sit down with talk show host Dave Rubin to discuss left vs. right issues, abortion, civil liberties, and tighter borders. (RELATED: ‘Don’t Burn This Book’ Takes On New Meaning As America Questions Its History) “Vince & Jason Save The Nation” is a political debate show that grapples with America’s most pressing questions. The show features intelligent, brutally honest conversations between Vince Coglianese and Jason Nichols, two nationally renowned political commentators who come from opposite sides of the political divide but share a profound love of country. Enlisting the support of their fascinating and talented guests, Vince and Jason tackle the existential issues confronting America and set out on their quest to Save the Nation. Subscribe to Save The Nation on Apple Podcasts: https://rb.gy/mletxb Subscribe to Save The Nation on Spotify: https://rb.gy/jd7gdx
    Positive public perception of the White House's COVID-19 response is waning, much like vaccinated people's immunity against the novel coronavirus. But as President Joe Biden's domestic agenda is threatened by Democratic squabbling, the administration's strategy of using the bully pulpit to spotlight its once-popular pandemic response is becoming less effective and risks alienating key voter constituencies. BIDEN'S PRO-SCIENCE PLEDGE UNDERMINED BY COVID BOOSTER EPISODE During the 2020 campaign, pollsters found that voters trusted Biden more to manage the COVID-19 outbreak than former President Donald Trump. And while that trust lingered after Biden moved into the White House, it is slowly eroding, according to polls conducted by the likes of Quinnipiac University and Fox News . Quinnipiac University found that Biden's COVID-19 job approval had dipped this month to 50%, down from a 66% high in May. At that time, his COVID-19 job disapproval was 31%. It is now 47%. Fox News found that Biden's COVID-19 job approval this month is slightly higher, at 55%, while his disapproval is 44%. That is a drop from 64% approval in...
    President Biden offered a milquetoast United Nations General Assembly speech Monday, where he refused to explicitly confront China among other missed opportunities, proving he is the "embodiment of weakness," "Woke, Inc." author Vivek Ramaswamy said. On "Fox News Primetime", host Pete Hegseth characterized the speech as a "declar[ation] he was surrendering to China, all branded under his new doctrine of relentless diplomacy." "That's right up there with leading from behind," the host told Ramaswamy, adding that Biden sees global warming as more of a pressing battle than other concerns. Ramaswamy agreed, adding that the new American construct of "cultural fragility" has supplanted American Exceptionalism – all with the help of the Biden administration. Video"Biden is the embodiment of weakness. Here is the problem weakness in diplomacy – weakness only emboldens our enemies. Weakness begets aggression from our enemies. You saw it from the Taliban in recent weeks," he said. "Now you are seeing it in China exhibiting aggression as well." Ramaswamy called Biden a symptom of the "cultural fragility" problem rather than the center point. "And our cultural fragility...
    The Philadelphia Eagles are hiding Jalen Hurts’ biggest hurdle in plain sight: Hurts makes few reads toward the middle of the field.  A great coach can design plays around a team’s weaker spots, a prime example being Bill Belichick’s adaptable game plans that vastly vary between seasons. The Buccaneers pass rush forced Patrick Mahomes to bail out of the pocket and scramble all over the field. Mahomes traveled 497 yards before throwing the ball or being sacked, the most scramble yards in a game by any QB in the NGS Era (since 2016).#SBLV | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/pHhXrYxadX — Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) February 8, 2021 Hurts’ tendencies aren’t unusual: he’s a young NFL quarterback still gaining experience with every game, and his coaches will undoubtedly play it safe for the win while he continues to develop. Or Hurts could learn to adapt the way Wilson has, disguising his outside safety net with explosive bombs downfield. Hurts has the right mentality about bettering his game, being critical of himself following a 17-11 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. “I think the...
    Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said Sunday that he believes the possibility of China launching an “amphibious assault” against Taiwan has “increased tenfold” since the “disaster” of America’s withdrawal from Afghanistan. “Xi [Jinping] in China is watching how America behaves and they’re taking on the man in Oval Office and I believe that the Chinese amphibious assault on Taiwan has increased tenfold in the last month because a Xi has looked at Biden and Xi made the determination that Biden is too weak and too unable to do anything that this is now a ripe opportunity for China to move militarily on Taiwan,” Cruz said during Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures,” hosted by Maria Bartiromo. WATCH:   “I have said for a long time that I think China is the single greatest geopolitical threat facing the United States for the next century and one – we talked a minute ago about the consequences of Afghanistan and the disaster of the failure of Biden’s weakness, every enemy across the globe saw that weakness and they took the measure of the...
    Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, said Sunday that President Biden’s vaccine mandate for private businesses is designed to fail and being used only as a distraction from his "catastrophe" in Afghanistan. During an appearance on Fox News’ "Sunday Morning Futures," Cruz said Biden’s rule requiring companies with 100 or more employees to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine or weekly testing is "illegal" and only meant to get the Democratic president back in the media’s good graces after he was widely criticized for his chaotic military withdrawal in Afghanistan. TIMES SQUARE SWARMED BY HUNDREDS PROTESTING COVID VACCINE MANDATE, CHANTING 'F--- JOE BIDEN' "They want to change the topic from Afghanistan," the senator said. "It’s why Biden issued this completely illegal and unconstitutional vaccine mandate, because he wanted to change the topic from the disaster in Afghanistan.  "The vaccine mandate is going to be struck down in court. They know that," he continued. "But the president is defying the law because he wanted the press to start defending him and stop talking about the disasters in Afghanistan. And he’s counting on a bunch of big...
    I am going to follow up on Wednesday's piece about the rhetoric of shut-the-fuck-up by asking a practical question: will it work? I explained the need for it. I explained why. But I didn't explain how. Here's how: authoritarians who desire a hero to save them from democracy will do what they're told, because they are authoritarians. First, a reminder. Authoritarians are weak. They don't really know what to think. They have been trained since early childhood not to. They were often beaten into accepting as true whatever the leader thinks is true. This leader is a father figure, not necessarily a father, or the father. It's someone of authority who teaches the kids of authoritarians that morality isn't about doing good in the world. It's about obeying. You might think people who are taught that obedience is the highest good would be ready and willing to fight tooth and nail if and when the leader tells them to. But you have to remember another side of the leader's teachings. Nothing is his fault. He can't be blamed. He's beyond...
    Considering Zac Taylor had no idea when Minnesota Vikings center Garrett Bradbury was drafted, it’s amazing he actually called a weakness in Kirk Cousins’ game. Taylor thought Bradbury was drafted in 2020, when he was actually selected out of Clemson in 2019. The Cincinnati Bengals’ coach is in a make it or break it year, as he needs to make some major strides with Joe Burrow and Co. Vikings reporter Courtney Cronin revealed that Taylor pointed out how tough it would be for Bradbury to make out the snap count given he didn’t play in front of a crowd in his first season in the NFL. Unfortunately, that is wrong, as Bradbury had in fact played in front of NFL fans before. Taylor: "Kirk Cousins with a center who’s never played in a packed stadium before — Bradbury hasn’t, he’s a second-year (player), I know he hasn’t. That’s just something they’re going to have to work through during the game. We gotta make it as hard as possible." h/t @Ben_Baby — Courtney Cronin (@CourtneyRCronin) September 14, 2021 Bengals: Zac Taylor was...
    US coronavirus: Schools will need vaccine mandates for in-person classes to last, expert says COVID took a harsh toll on South Florida houses of worship. A priest and 2 pastors died © Provided by Business Insider Fox News host Tucker Carlson admitted to conservative show host Dave Rubin that he sometimes lies on his show when he's "cornered." Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images Fox host Tucker Carlson has admitted to sometimes lying on his show. Carlson told conservative talk show host Dave Rubin that he lies on his show if he's "cornered." He clarified that he "doesn't like" lying, but does it "out of weakness or whatever." Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Fox host Tucker Carlson said he tries not to lie on TV but does it sometimes when he's "really cornered" or "out of weakness." Carlson made the comment on September 12 while speaking to conservative show host Dave Rubin on an episode of the "The Rubin Report." In the episode, Rubin questioned how CNN anchors Chris Cuomo and Brian Stelter live with themselves "when they just...
    Mark Wahlberg and more celebrities with unbelievable Sept. 11 links Corporate profit boom is driving spending in this key area, not office buildings The Detroit Lions are placing left tackle Taylor Decker on injured reserve after finger surgery, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. He is expected to return in about a month. © Detroit Free Press-USA TODAY NET Taylor Decker is expected to return in about a month. The #Lions are placing star LT Taylor Decker on Injured Reserve after finger surgery, source said. He should be back after a month or so. But big loss initially.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 11, 2021 Lions head coach Dan Campbell said Friday that Decker would be "down for a little bit" after suffering the finger injury during practice.  Decker is entering his sixth season in Detroit and has started 71 games for the franchise. The Lions selected him 16th overall in 2016.  With the Ohio St. product sidelined, 2021 seventh overall pick Penei Sewell could be shifted to left tackle. Sewell had been playing right tackle since the spring, but...
    Former President Donald Trump released a video honoring the 20th Anniversary of the 9/11 terror attack on the World Trade Center — an attack that killed nearly 3,000 people, permanently changed the United States, and launched a 20-year war in Afghanistan. “For the great people of our country, this is a very sad day. September 11 represents great sorrow for our country,” the 45th president said.  “Many things were displayed that day, including, most importantly, the bravery of our police, fire, and first responders of every kind. The job they did was truly unbelievable. We love them and we thank them.” Two decades later, President Joe Biden’s administration led a chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan, in which ISIS-K terrorists killed hundreds of people, including 13 U.S. servicemembers, in a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport. Biden also left Americans behind and billions of dollars in elite American weaponry, which the Taliban has obtained for its own purposes.  Members of the U.S. Navy Honor Guard transport the casket of Navy Corpsman Maxton Soviak at Morman-Hinman-Tanner Funeral Home, Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2021, in Berlin...
    100-Year-Old Great-Great-Grandmother Is Guinness World Records Oldest Competitive Powerlifter Markets brace for hot consumer inflation report in the week ahead The Detroit Lions locked starting left tackle Taylor Decker down on a multi-year extension last September but then spent the seventh-overall pick of the 2021 NFL Draft on Oregon Ducks star tackle Penei Sewell. Detroit originally planned to move Sewell from the left side of the offensive line to the right, but that was before Decker found himself dealing with a finger injury ahead of Sunday's regular-season opener against the San Francisco 49ers that, per Jeremy Reisman of Pride of Detroit, could potentially require surgery to repair.  © Junfu Han via Imagn Content Services, LLC Detroit Lions offensive tackle Penei Sewell As Nick Shook noted for the NFL's website, Sewell has practiced at left tackle over the team's past two sessions and could be asked to start at that position Sunday. Sewell making the transition back to left tackle may not be as simple as some assume. He admitted in May shifting to the line's right side was "not...
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — George Paton inherited a snakebitten secondary when he succeeded John Elway as the Denver Broncos general manager last winter. Now, it’s the Broncos’ biggest strength heading into their opener at the Meadowlands against the New York Giants on Sunday. The Broncos stumbled to another losing season in 2020 when the coronavirus pandemic and an injury epidemic combined to throttle the team’s efforts to break out of their prolonged funk. Nowhere were they hit harder than in the defensive backfield, where they lost cornerbacks Bryce Callahan (foot), Essang Bassey (knee) and A.J. Bouye (suspension) in December. Patrick Surtain II (credit: CBS) Paton signed cornerbacks Ronald Darby and Kyle Fuller in free agency, then bypassed QBs Justin Fields and Mac Jones in the NFL draft to select Alabama cornerback Patrick Surtain II with the ninth overall pick. Callahan regained his health and form this offseason and Paton also re-signed safeties Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons and drafted Caden Sterns and Jamar Johnson as their backups. “I feel much, much better,” coach Vic Fangio said recently when asked about...
    Rep. Mike Gallagher joined ‘Fox News Primetime’ to react to Biden's handling of the crisis in Afghanistan. MIKE GALLAGHER: Well, of course. I think even for the proponents of withdrawal—and I myself—wanted us to keep a small counterterrorism force and keep Bagram [Air Base] as a way of protecting power particularly against China over the long term but even if you disagree with that, there was a way to do this that wasn’t such a humiliating fiasco and obviously surrendering Bagram and pulling out military assets before we had gotten every American citizen out of the country will go down as one of the worst foreign policy mistakes in the history of United States foreign policy and so this president, to add insult to injury, has been lying to the American people for two weeks. He said al Qaeda has been decimated in Afghanistan—not true. He said our allies didn’t have concerns with the way in which this has been conducted—not true. He said Americans weren’t having trouble getting to the airport.  Well obviously, we just left hundreds if not thousands of them behind. So, that was a massive lie. The foundation of our foreign policy has always been peace through strength. Well, the Biden doctrine is to sow chaos through weakness and weakness invites aggression and I fear we’ve only...
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — George Paton inherited a snakebitten secondary when he succeeded John Elway as the Denver Broncos general manager last winter. Now, it’s the Broncos’ biggest strength heading into their opener at the Meadowlands against the New York Giants on Sunday. The Broncos stumbled to another losing season in 2020 when the coronavirus pandemic and an injury epidemic combined to throttle the team’s efforts to break out of their prolonged funk. Nowhere were they hit harder than in the defensive backfield, where they lost cornerbacks Bryce Callahan (foot), Essang Bassey (knee) and A.J. Bouye (suspension) in December. Paton signed cornerbacks Ronald Darby and Kyle Fuller in free agency, then bypassed QBs Justin Fields and Mac Jones in the NFL draft to select Alabama cornerback Patrick Surtain II with the ninth overall pick. Callahan regained his health and form this offseason and Paton also re-signed safeties Kareem Jackson and Justin Simmons and drafted Caden Sterns and Jamar Johnson as their backups. “I feel much, much better,” coach Vic Fangio said recently when asked about his pass defenders that...
    Getty New York Jets defensive end Shaq Lawson provides an important ability that the franchise has struggled with in 2021. After the Carl Lawson injury and the Vinny Curry medical update, one thing was evident, the New York Jets needed to acquire another edge rusher. Head coach Robert Saleh is famous for using a deep rotation on his defensive line, which invigorates an intense four-man pass rush. Players like John Franklin-Myers and Bryce Huff have shown a ton of potential but that doesn’t mean they’re ready for a Carl Lawson snap count. Even the star edge rusher wasn’t expected to play every down, and the Jets’ pass-rushing core had become so injury-ridden that Huff and ‘JFM’ may have had to do that themselves. The Shaq Lawson trade bolsters this unit, which only runs four-deep after Joe Douglas sent Jabari Zuniga, Ronald Blair and Hamilcar Rashed Jr. to the practice squad and Kyle Phillips to the Reserve/PUP list. On top of that, he fills a specific in-game need that the franchise struggled with during the preseason, which we’ll break...
    The Masked Singer Season 6 Switches Things Up With Wild Unmasking Twist! Alaska Airlines will give vaccinated employees $200, stops short of company mandate Dallas Cowboys rookie Osa Odighizuwa didn't say anything boastful, brazen or unseemly on Thursday. The defensive tackle simply addressed a football question with a thoughtful, insightful answer. But should he have? Well. You be the judge. With the NFL's Thursday night opener between the Cowboys and Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers a week away, a reporter asked Odghizuwa to discuss Tom Brady's weakness. Per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Clarence Hill Jr., he obliged. “He’s not very mobile,” Odighizuwa answered. “I mean, you know, he’s been playing for 21 years. The dude is a little older, not too mobile. I’d say that’s probably what it is.” © Provided by Yahoo! Sports Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Osa Odighizuwa in action at practice at the NFL football team's training camp in Oxnard, Calif., Wednesday, July 28, 2021. (AP Photo/Michael Owen Baker) He then explained that it's the Cowboys' interior line's — and subsequently his — job to...
    California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) is ramping up the fear factor as he fights to retain his position in the ongoing recall election. Newsom and his party are warning that recalling him could put a Trump-loving, Capitol riot-backing, climate change-denying, anti-vaccine, anti-abortion fanatic in the White House. (In other words: Democrats’ idea of a Republican.) The media have played along with a series of racially-tinged attacks on conservative talk radio host Larry Elder, who leads polls to replace Newsom. Elder could be the state’s first black governor; the media are trying to make his race a negative. There is some evidence that the Democrats’ strategy is working. The “yes” vote to recall Newsom surged in several polls, but a recent poll by Change Research showed the “no” vote prevailing by double digits. Curiously, the poll did not show a breakdown among racial groups, though the poll questionnaire did ask respondents to indicate their racial identities. Monday marks the voter registration deadline, for those wishing to vote by mail in the Sep. 14 election, and Newsom is hoping the Democrats’ mail-in...
    Enough is a word that has one meaning in the dictionary, but many more in common usage. I have used the phrase “enough is enough” or “I’ve had enough” more than I care to count with my four teenagers. However, the tone that I use when I say it does not imply that I am completely satisfied with enough, but in fact I am quite unsatisfied.   ‘As much or as many of something as required’ is the textbook definition of enough. But are we capable of feeling that we have exactly what we need in any given moment? If we are honest, we concern ourselves more often with not having enough or having more than enough. How can we find contentment if we struggle to understand ‘enough’?   Many times, when someone shares an extremely difficult time they are going through, I say “His grace is sufficient”. I take comfort in these words because they remind me that the grace I need from day to day varies and so...
    In his opening monologue on Friday, Sean Hannity declared "America deserves better" than President Joe Biden's weak leadership, predicting the Afghanistan crisis "could get so much worse before it gets better." "Clearly, there are a lot of important questions that need to be answered but Joe Biden is either unwilling or unable to answer them," he said, characterizing the Delaware Democrat as "incoherent… dazed and confused" during a public appearance at the White House on Thursday. Hannity ripped Biden's apparent assertion he will stick to his self-imposed and Taliban-accepted August 31 deadline for the conclusion of withdrawal and evacuation operations from Kabul, referencing the potential there are untold numbers of American citizens and U.S.-aligned individuals who may become Taliban targets who are stranded behind the militants' checkpoints and spread throughout the country. "We don't leave people behind. We rescue our people trapped behind enemy lines. We respond to terror attacks with overwhelming force. We strike fear in our enemies and instill confidence in our allies," the "Hannity" host continued. Video"But under Biden, none of that is happening. And now...
    Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo criticized the Biden administration’s withdrawal plan in Afghanistan on Friday, saying the administration showed weakness while rejecting its claims that former President Donald Trump’s deal with the Taliban ignited the current crisis. During an appearance on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom,” Pompeo argued that the arrangement between the Taliban and the Trump administration had no bearing on the chaos that has occurred in Afghanistan. He also touted the Trump administration’s “conditions-based” agreement with the Taliban, which was in stark contrast to the actions taken by President Joe Biden. “We were clear with the Taliban that we had this understanding — but you were going to live up to it. And we had a conditions-based withdrawal plan and we executed that,” Pompeo told hosts Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino. “We were down from about 15,000 to a little over 2,500. And for the last 13 months of our administration, we didn’t have a single American attacked or a single American killed.” (RELATED: ‘We Rely On Stupid People’: Trump Blasts Bolton, McMaster Over Afghanistan) The Biden administration has...
    "Outnumbered" co-host Kayleigh McEnany told "Fox & Friends" Friday that the Taliban understood there were repercussions under former President Trump and suggested there is weakness from Biden. The former White House press secretary made these comments after Biden blamed Trump’s Taliban deal for the Afghanistan withdrawal.   AFGHAN DEATH TOLL CLIMBS TO 169 FOLLOWING KABUL AIRPORT BOMBING; 13 US SERVICE MEMBERS DEAD KAYLEIGH MCENANY: Guess what? Joe Biden, it wasn't President Trump that set this arbitrary deadline. That is what one high-level intelligence officer said to me, became a Taliban red line. That was what you did. It wasn't President Trump that withdrew the military before the civilians. That's what you did. It wasn't President Trump that has given a kill list to the Taliban. That's what you did. It wasn't President Trump that closed Bagram. That is what you did, and the president of the United States putting his head on that podium. That tells you all you need to know.  We used to have a commander in chief, who has General Kellogg described to me, strategically called the...
    Former President Donald Trump expressed his condolences after Thursday's twin bombings at the airport in Kabul that killed 12 U.S. service members. "Melania and I send our deepest condolences to the families of our brilliant and brave Service Members whose duty to the U.S.A. meant so much to them," Trump wrote in a statement. "Our thoughts are also with the families of the innocent civilians who died today in the savage Kabul attack." 11 MARINES, NAVY MEDIC AMONG DEAD AS KABUL CASUALTIES CLIMB CLICK HERE FOR LATEST ON AFGHANISTAN CRISIS "This tragedy should never have been allowed to happen, which makes our grief even deeper and more difficult to understand," he continued. This comes as Trump has repeatedly critiqued the Biden administration's handling of the Afghanistan evacuation. "Joe Biden was going on vacation as Afghanistan was going to hell," Trump said at a rally earlier in August, referencing Biden's trip to the presidential retreat of Camp David. "This is what you get when you have weakness in the White House. You can't...
    In this article BTC.BS=-USSAn illustration showing physical bitcoins alongside binary code displayed on a laptop.Jakub Porzycki | NurPhoto via Getty ImagesBitcoin neared $50,000 as it continues to rebound after months of weakness The world's largest digital currency by market value rose to $49,821 on Saturday afternoon in New York, according to data from Coinbase. It was trading at a price of $48,876 as of 10 a.m. ET on Sunday. The recovery comes after Bitcoin was trading at a price between roughly $30,000 and $40,000 over the last several months. It had dropped from a record of almost $65,000 in mid-April. Ether, the coin linked to the ethereum blockchain network, also rose recently, reaching $3,295 early Saturday, according to Coinbase. Global cryptocurrency adoption among individual investors has risen significantly over the past year, according to Chainalysis, a blockchain data firm. Global crypto adoption rose roughly 881% in the last year. The global cryptocurrency market cap was at $2.16 trillion on Sunday, according to data from CoinGecko.com, and cryptocurrency trading volume in the last day was at $109 billion.VIDEO3:0803:08SEC warms up to a Bitcoin ETFThe...
    Vivek Ramaswamy, an author and political commentator, joined Fox News on Friday morning arguing that “woke” culture in the United States has contributed to the present crisis in Afghanistan. Ramaswamy argued that the only way to prevent the chaos that unfolded in Afghanistan following President Joe Biden’s announcement that American troops would withdraw was “if the Taliban perceived a credible threat of total annihilation.” “If they reneged on prior agreements then I do not think they would have gone to the extent of actually taking over Kabul,” he said. “They might have worked around the edges and the tribal areas, they would not have gone for Kabul.” (RELATED: Biden Dismisses Comment About Taliban Being Back In Power On 9/11 Anniversary, Says Not The Same Because Bin Laden Is Dead) The Taliban knew Biden would never follow through on threats to annihilate the terrorist group because of the president’s obsession with “self-criticism,” the author argued. “Here is the problem. They knew president Biden could never make good on that threat because he himself does not speak with a moral standing that allows him to use extraordinary force right when we...
    Updated 08/20/2021 – 16:12 Jenson button, Campen del Mundo in 2009, shared a garage with Hamilton at McLaren between 2010 and 2012, and with Alonso in 2015 and 2016. The Briton confessed his greatest weakness compared to his two former partners. Button on the ‘High Performance’ podcast said: “One thing that I have not been able to overcome is driving a bad car. That is my weakness. Lewis and Fernando Alonso can get in a bad car and get more out of it than I can. That’s probably my weakness. “ When Jenson and Fernando were companions, the car of Mclaren it had a motor Sling that was not giving the expected redemption, none of the pilots managed to get a podium during 2015 and 2016. In the first of these years, the Asturian achieved 11 points, while the British 16. The following year, Alonso greatly outperformed Button, with 54 points, 33 more than his teammate. Differences with Hamilton The 2009 champion also compared his riding style with the eight-time champion., Lewis Hamilton. “My strength is that my driving...
    ‘TV’s Top 5’: Amanda Peet on ‘The Chair’ and Roles for Women of a Certain Age Todays Mortgage Rates | August 20, 2021 With the NFL season fast approaching, here's a look at which holes each NFC team will need to address in the 2021 season. View the original article to see embedded media.In two weeks, rosters will be trimmed to 53 players. In between, hundreds of players will be displaced in what former Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum used to call the “miniature draft.” Teams may have had their eye on an undrafted free agent who failed to make a roster. They may have had an injury that necessitates a slot being filled. Some teams, truly gaining a whiff of desperation, could even swing a trade. While they plot out their moves, they’re going to be taking a realistic look at their strengths and weaknesses. Each week opponents game plan for the kind of matchups they can win with regularity. Some teams are more vulnerable than others. Now is the final opportunity to get honest with themselves...
    House Foreign Affairs Committee Ranking Member Rep. Michael McCaul warned that there is an "even bigger" terror threat than before the 9/11 attacks in the aftermath of Afghanistan falling to the Taliban, saying that the U.S. is engaging in "dangerous foreign policy" and sending a message of "weakness." During an interview with Fox News, McCaul, R-Texas, said the situation in Afghanistan is an "unmitigated disaster" and one that was handled by the Biden administration in "completely the wrong way." EVACUATION FLIGHTS ONGOING OUT OF KABUL "My fear is that President Biden is projecting weakness, not strength, and that is very dangerous in the international community," McCaul told Fox News, adding that the United States' "standing in the world has been greatly diminished." "I worry we are sending the wrong message to our allies and adversaries of weakness, our allies are questioning whether they can trust us, and our enemies no longer fear us," McCaul said. "That is dangerous foreign policy to be engaged in." He added: "The image of the Taliban flag being raised over our embassy, I can't tell...
    ARSENAL new-boy Ben White could be targeted by opposition players following his less than stellar Gunners debut. The £50million summer signing from Brighton made his competitive debut last Friday in the north Londoners' Premier League opener against Brentford, which they lost 2-0. 3Ben White had a game to forget in Arsenal's defeat to Brentford last FridayCredit: Rex 3The £50million man's aerial prowess has been questioned by Gary Neville and Jamie CarragherCredit: Rex White, 23, had a debut to forget as he was run ragged by Ivan Toney and was at fault for Christian Norgaard's second-half header. And Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville reckons the defender could be identified as a potential weak link due to his height and ability in the air. He said: "I said before the game that nobody is going to remember at the end of the season how many good passes Ben White has made. "And you know when we say he’s good on the ball, that was something we used to say 15 years ago when a centre-back was good on the ball. "I actually...
    "When I came to office, I inherited a deal cut by my predecessor—which he invited the Taliban to discuss at Camp David on the eve of 9/11 of 2019—that left the Taliban in the strongest position militarily since 2001 and imposed a May 1, 2021 deadline on U.S. Forces," Biden said in a statement. "Shortly before he left office, he also drew U.S. Forces down to a bare minimum of 2,500." "Therefore, when I became President, I faced a choice—follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our Forces and our allies' Forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again in another country's civil conflict," Biden continued.How did Trump respond?Trump responded several hours later, blasting Biden for a "complete failure." In a statement, Trump said:Joe Biden gets it wrong every time on foreign policy, and many other issues. Everyone knew he couldn't handle the pressure. Even Obama's Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, said as much. He ran out of Afghanistan instead of following the plan our Administration left...