Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 20:16:07
245 results - (0.008 seconds)

The View’s Sunny:

latest news at page 1:
    The View co-hosts scoffed at co-host Sunny Hostin on Friday over her outrage regarding the British monarchy’s wealth and historic connections to the slave trade. The segment was about the celebration of Queen Elizabeth II’s platinum jubilee, which started on Thursday and will end on Sunday. The event marks her 70th year on the throne, the longest in British history. Co-host Joy Behar noted that Great Britain gets $2.7 billion annually from tourism. “I don’t think that the royal family charges that much,” said Behar. Co-host Sara Haines remarked that it’s costly to “maintain the palaces–” Co-host Whoopi Goldberg said those costs “are coming out of their pockets these days.” “They made it from the slave trade,” said Hostin. Behar laughed. “Actually, this — no, Sunny,” said Goldberg. “That was then, this is now,” said Behar. Great Britain abolished slavery in 1833. Earlier in the segment, Hostin talked about studying and living in England and that “everything is terrible except for the monarchy…and the accents.” “I actually loved the pomp and circumstance of it all when I was there and...
    The View's Sunny Hostin sparked outrage after calling for the GOP party to be abolished and called Republicans a 'party of white supremacy' and 'gun massacres.'  Hostin, 53, wasn't afraid to make her opinion known on Thursday's episode of as the ladies of 'The View' discussed recent mass shootings, including the Tulsa hospital shooting on Wednesday. The native New Yorker began ranting after she admitted to not 'always agreeing with Joy [Behar]' - who started the discussion - but she did agree with her co-host, 79, about Republicans.  Behar said earlier in the segment: 'I always say: "Don't vote for Republicans.''' Sonny agreed, stating: 'So I'm now with you, Joy. Get rid of Republicans, get rid of the party. Because as the party stands now, it's the party of white supremacy, it's the party of insurrectionists, the party of massacres at this point. It's the party... you can't trust it.'  Sunny Hostin, 53, sparked outrage after calling for the GOP party to be abolished and called Republicans a 'party of white supremacy' and 'gun massacres.' She said: 'Get rid of Republicans,...
    THE View fans have been mocking host Whoopi Goldberg on social media for making a big blunder on Tuesday. The 66-year-old has had a bit of difficulty with working out some of her word pronunciations while on her live talk show. 4Credit: ABC 4Credit: ABC The blunder arrived as Whoopi brought up an incident that recently took place in the art world. A man disguised as an old woman leapt from a wheelchair and threw cake at the Mona Lisa this week. Footage of the incident at the Louvre showed the world-famous painting smeared with cake by an eco-vandal before he was dragged away by security guards, as stunned onlookers watch on. No damage was done to the masterpiece as it's protected by a bulletproof screen, but Whoopi shared her shock over the incident while discussing it on The View. Read More on The View'GERMY & NASTY!' The View hosts slam Kourtney & Travis for 'disgusting' behaviorHOT & BOTHERED The View’s Whoopi shocks fans by spraying Sunny with WATER on live TV Fans, though, were less focused on the topic...
    Watch the video clip below to catch more of the conversation or find more episodes of "The Rubin Report" here. Can't watch? Download the podcast here. Want more from Dave Rubin?To enjoy more honest conversations, free speech, and big ideas with Dave Rubin, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution, and live the American dream.
    THE View host Whoopi Goldberg has shocked fans after spraying co-star Sunny Hostin with water for gushing over Jesse Williams’ nude body. Photos and videos of the actor in the buff leaked on Tuesday from the play he’s currently starring in, Take Me Out. 1 While discussing the nude photos, Sunny couldn’t help but gush over the Grey’s Anatomy actor’s body, but Whoopi thought she needed to calm down a bit. The moderator walked over the her co-host and sprayed Sunny with water and demanded she “cool off.” More to follow... For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online. The-sun.com is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, sports news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheUSSun. Most read in EntertainmentGREEN WITH ENVY Kim slammed for flaunting wealth after she shows off Psalm's $200K chainNAME GAME Kylie's fans think she's finally revealed her newborn son's name in new videoDID YOU SEE IT? Kim accused of photoshop fail in Mother's Day pic after...
    Former Trump spokesperson Alyssa Farah Griffin on Tuesday found herself on the receiving end of a tongue-lashing from co-host Sunny Hostin for defending former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, whom Hostin described as “cowardly” and “despicable.” In the process, Hostin also appeared to take pointed swipes at Griffin—who has been a regular View guest host in recent months—for not speaking up while she worked in the Trump administration. Esper, who served as former President Donald Trump’s defense chief before he was unceremoniously fired just after the 2020 election, has been making the media rounds to promote A Sacred Oath, his Trump era tell-all. Among other eye-popping revelations, Esper recounted that Trump floated firing missiles at Mexico, wondered if George Floyd protesters could be shot, and wanted to execute leakers despite the president being the “biggest leaker of all.” With Esper recently suggesting to Fox News that he believes Trump was a threat to democracy, Griffin kicked off The View’s Tuesday discussion on the ex-official’s book tour by raving about her former boss (Griffin served as the DOD’s press secretary before returning...
    "And I just think when you have the Supreme Court justices like Clarence Thomas coming out this weekend and saying at the 11th Circuit judicial conference that they will not be bullied, and that people need to live with outcomes they don’t agree with," she continued, trailing off. She added that she believes while Supreme Court justices have rights to privacy, women, too, have the same rights — as well as rights to do what they want with their bodies. "And then other justices are saying you have no right to stand and freely protest — peacefully protest outside of our homes," she said. "We have a right to privacy. Well, women have a right to privacy as well, and women have a right to privacy with their bodies, and I’m just shocked that that’s what we’re hearing from men. That’s what we’re hearing from the justices. That’s what we’re hearing from, you know, Republicans, that people don’t have a right to protest these – this draft opinion when the Supreme Court has found that you have a...
    "I feel like it's an oxymoron, a black Republican," Hostin spat. Granger fired back, pointing to Navarro. "Why? Your friend right here is a Republican," she insisted. Hostin argued, "I don't understand either of you. I don't understand black Republicans and I don't understand Latino Republicans." Behar quickly cut to break in the middle of the fiery segment, ending the women's spat. The View\u2019s Sunny Hostin: A "black Republican is an oxymoron\u2026 I don't understand black Republicans and I don't understand Latino Republicans."pic.twitter.com/9ladc0M6U1 — Greg Price (@Greg Price) 1651850652
    The View table grew clearly uncomfortable during Friday’s broadcast when Sunny Hostin groused at her co-hosts for being conservative minorities, telling them that “Black Republicans” are an “oxymoron.” The popular ABC talk show kicked off by discussing the news that Karine Jean-Pierre will take over for Jen Psaki as White House press secretary. While the panel discussed the historic nature of the move—Jean-Pierre is both the first Black and LGBTQ White House press secretary—the panel also touched on the potential ethical issues at play. (Jean-Pierre’s partner is CNN correspondent Suzanne Malveaux, sparking concerns about conflicts of interest.) Towards the end of the segment, which featured the co-hosts going back and forth about other instances of relationships between prominent political and media figures, co-host Ana Navarro—a famously Never-Trump Republican and CNN contributor—defended her network before accusing guest-host Lindsey Granger of being a Trump supporter. “Did I ever say I was a supporter of Trump?” shot back Granger, host of the streaming show Daily Blast Live. “There are many things I don’t stand by that Trump did. Trump has done things that...
    The hottest topic in the country was also the number one “Hot Topic” on The View Monday morning. But not all of the co-hosts agreed about how much blame Will Smith deserved for smacking comedian Chris Rock in the face on live television during the Oscars. Moderator Whoopi Goldberg, a former Oscar winner and host, reserved her judgment on the incident until the end of the show’s opening segment, ceding the stage to her co-hosts, including Joy Behar, whose first reaction was, “Comedians are in danger everywhere.” Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin took the situation even more seriously, calling Smith’s actions what they were. “Hitting somebody is a crime, it is the crime of assault on national TV,” Navarro said. As “lame” as Rock’s joke about Jada Pinkett Smith’s lack of hair (due to alopecia) might have been, she added, “nothing—nada—zero condones violence in this form.” “I was embarrassed for Will, I was horrified for Chris Rock,” Hostin added, noting that Smith apologized to the Academy and his fellow nominees, but not the man he hit. “I thought Chris...
    Hostin added, "We have something called the First Amendment in this country. We have freedom of speech. We have freedom of expression, and we're cancelling Kanye West for something he may do." Co-host Ana Navarro, however, disagreed with Hostin and argued that West is "not entitled to put people's lives in danger" just because he is a celebrity or because he has been diagnosed with a mental illness. She also pointed out that she fully supported Instagram's suspension and said that she believed West was guilty of "inciting violence" and using "horrible racial slurs" on the social networking site. "Do we all need to put up with this?" she added. GRAMMYS BAR KANYE WEST FROM PERFORMING? Spokespeople for Kanye West claim the #GrammyAwards have barred him from performing after online posts about ex-wife Kim Kardashian, her current boyfriend Pete Davidson, and racial slurs against Trevor Noah \u2013 #TheView co-hosts weigh in.pic.twitter.com/n0bRyMaxvJ — The View (@The View) 1647884734
    The set of ABC talk show The View grew a bit tense on Friday as co-host Sunny Hostin chastised her fellow panelists for sticking with the Republican Party, telling them in no uncertain terms that they were “complicit” in causing division and harm in the country. During a segment that was ostensibly about former President Donald Trump begging his supporters to buy him a new plane, former Trump White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham—who has served as The View’s conservative guest-host all week—noted that the ex-president is “doing everything he can to get paid” by his fanatical MAGA base. “I want those people to know that he laughs at them behind closed doors,” Grisham added. “I want people to know that, and I used to be there. I believed.” Immediately pushing back on Grisham, co-host Ana Navarro—an anti-Trump Republican pundit—confronted the ex-Trump flack on her apparent willingness to look the other way during her time at the White House. “For years you heard him do this, right? Laugh behind closed doors. So why did it take so long to find...
    The View got intense on Friday as co-host Sunny Hostin confronted and slammed co-host Ana Navarro and guest co-host and former Trump White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham for remaining in the Republican Party. During a segment about Trump fundraising for a new plane, following a reported emergency landing in New Orleans on Saturday, Grisham remarked that, from her experience working in the previous administration, Trump is “doing everything he can to get paid by people who truly believe in him, and I want those people to know that he laughs at them behind closed doors.” Navarro confronted Grisham and said, “For years you heard him do this, right? Laugh behind closed doors. So why did it take so long to find it so objectionable?” “I asked the same thing,” said Hostin. Grisham mentioned that she had repeatedly talked about what caused her to find Trump objectionable. She said that she worked for former First Lady Melania Trump and “moved to the West Wing. I saw things I hated. By that time, I wanted to leave and I knew because of, I’m sorry, people like yourself who are...
    THE VIEW fans got more than they bargained for when Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin hoisted up their BARE feet on live TV. Their round-table discussion, which resulted in multiple feet atop it, was called "gross" by confused fans. 5Joy Behar, Sara Haines and Sunny Hostin put their bare feet on the tableCredit: The View 5The live segment was tough to watchCredit: The View On February 21st, The View lived up to its name, though maybe not in a way fans wanted. Whoopi Goldberg, who had recently returned after her controversial remarks and two-suspension, kicked off the segment on guest etiquette titled "Should guests honor a host's 'no-shoes' rule?" But the discussion wasn't the only thing that got kicked off. "You cannot tell people what you will or will not do when they've invited you to their home," Whoopi began on how guests should honor house rules. "Well, not everyone has gorgeous feet like I have," Joy then chimed in, lifting up her leg and dropping her bare pedicured foot on the table. "Zoom in!" co-host Sara joked,...
    Co-host of ABC's "The View" Sunny Hostin drastically overstated the percentage of coronavirus deaths among younger people during a Tuesday discussion on the liberal daytime talk show over the lifting of mask mandates in schools. Hostin said she didn't want her children to be part of the "one percent" of those who get intubated and die from COVID-19, but federal health data shows the risk of dying for those under 17 from COVID-19 is far less than that. "You see, I don't want to take the chance with my kid. I don't want my kid to be part of the one percent that is intubated and dies because I don't give her a vaccine," she said, noting she had gotten her 15-year-old daughter vaccinated when it became available. According to the CDC there have been 770 deaths from the coronavirus in children between the ages of 0 to 17 years, through the end of January. There have been nearly 10 million known cases of the coronavirus in the same age group, making the death rate approximately 0.008%, with countless cases...
    Media speculation, however, indicates that Zucker and Gollust have been in a relationship far longer than disclosed, calling into question the ethics of the relationship, as the two were married up until 2018 and 2017 respectively. Hostin also pointed to broadcaster Katie Couric's remarks on Zucker's and Gollust's relationship, which she questioned on Thursday. "I worked with Jeff Zucker for many years at NBC and later on my talk show," Couric recently disclosed, noting that Gollust started out as a publicist at CNN and worked her way up to executive vice president and CMO. "He was a talented and energetic producer. His resignation took me by surprise. I've also known Allison Gollust since my days at the 'Today' show. I've wondered about the nature of their relationship, but I do know, as I wrote in my memoir 'Going There,' that it made me uncomfortable. It seems their colleagues and the media at large turned a blind eye to inappropriate behavior." Hostin added, "It's inappropriate at best." “I think that if I were still...
    Co-host of ABC's "The View" Sunny Hostin lost it Tuesday as she railed against President Biden and moderate Democratic senators for not yet ensuring the passage of a federal voting law that would, according to her, protect Americans' access to the ballot box.  During a segment focused on Biden's Tuesday trip to Georgia for a speech about voting rights, Hostin lamented that he wasn't actually visiting West Virginia and Arizona and "putting pressure" on Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W. Va., Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., and Sen. Mark Kelly, D-Ariz., who have all expressed doubts over ending the Senate filibuster rule that would pave an easier way for federal voting legislation. WASHINGTON POST REPORT FRETS SINEMA ‘STUBBORNLY OPPOSED’ TO ELIMINATING FILIBUSTER "It seems to me, Whoopi, that this is very performative, the president and the vice president being in Georgia. You know, Georgia did its job. Georgia delivered," Hostin told co-host Whoopi Goldberg, referencing Biden winning Georgia n the 2020 presidential election, as well as Democrats winning both Senate seats in subsequent runoff elections last January.  She added that Georgia, amidst claims...
    Sunny Hostin, one of the hosts of ABC’s "The View," announced on Monday that she does not "believe" in the latest guidelines from the CDC regarding quarantining with COVID-19.  Specifically, she referenced the guidance updated by the CDC on December 27, which shortened the recommended isolation period for people with COVID-19 from 10 days to five days. After five days, people are advised to wear masks around others for another five days. MSNBC GUEST COMPLAINS MORE SITCOMS DON’T INCLUDE COVID-19 IN PLOTLINES, HAVE ‘WISHED’ PANDEMIC AWAY  Sunny Hostin on the set of ABC's "The View." (Screenshot/ABC) (Screenshot/ABC) This updated guideline drew bipartisan criticism for contradicting previous guidelines and providing a "confusing" message to Americans.  Hostin added herself to the list of critics, outright rejecting the CDC’s update.    "I’m really concerned about this new CDC guidance. I know the science is evolving. I know our knowledge is evolving. But now the CDC is saying that after five days of being infected, you don’t have to test negative, you can go out. You can go back to work and just...
    Sunny Hostin added a new animal friend to her household with the help of a well-known star. The View co-star, 53, announced the news via an Instagram post welcoming the little one to Hostin's Animal House, an Instagram account showcasing all of the star's pets. The photo showed a small, shaggy brown and white dog with large eyes and ears that stood straight up. A new home: Sunny Hostin took to Instagram to introduce her followers to her new dog Koko Chanel The ABC News journalist wore a black long-sleeve shirt and wore her curly hair up. She smiled large for the snap.  RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next 'I gained 30lbs to play this part': Sarah Paulson says... Sarah Paulson, 46, cozies up to girlfriend Holland Taylor,... Sarah Paulson glows in a white floral dress while rocking a... Sarah Paulson, 46, cradles the face of her girlfriend... Share this article Share She captioned the photo, 'Welcome Koko Chanel to @hostinsanimalhouse!' Hostin said she received a bit of help in the...
    Ana Navarro has become the latest star on The View to contract COVID-19.   The journalist, 50, who is fully vaccinated, revealed she tested positive for the virus on Friday's episode of the show. 'Just before the show started I got a call from Christine, our COVID nurse, and the PCR I took yesterday came out negative so I am now positive for COVID,' Ana revealed. 'I'm feeling no symptoms': Ana Navarro has become the latest star on The View to contract COVID-19 'I'm feeling no symptoms, I'm feeling pretty good. So far I hope it stays and I did what the CDC recommended - the minute I felt a little bit of a tickle in my throat I assumed I had it. 'I've been isolating with my dog and my box of Kleenex and I'm doing pretty good. So I hope that people stay safe and follow the CDC guidelines.' RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Whoopi Goldberg baffled over testing positive for... Whoopi Goldberg is taking brief absence from The View after... Whoopi Goldberg...
    The hosts of ABC’s ‘The View’ once again debated the effectiveness of coronavirus vaccine mandates, with Sunny Hostin suggesting Republicans "want their voters to die" by opposing them.  Co-host Whoopi Goldberg paved the way for the debate Tuesday by introducing a discussion of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s recent announcement to enforce vaccine mandates for all private sector jobs. Although several business owners opposed the sudden decision, a few of the hosts agreed with the decision, including Joy Behar. BILL DE BLASIO’S VACCINE MANDATE WILL FORCE COMPANIES TO QUESTION STAYING IN NEW YORK CITY: BORELLI  Sunny Hostin (REUTERS/Danny Moloshok) "Nobody wants to shut down again because it hurts business, so get the d**m vaccine, and we don’t have to have a shutdown. I wish that the governor of New York state would say that the whole state has to be mandated, not just New York City," Behar said. Goldberg agreed, adding "This idea that people don’t like a mandate, there are millions of mandates. We have to wear seatbelts, for example." Guest host and former Utah Rep....
    The hosts of "The View" lit into CNN's Chris Cuomo on Tuesday following the release of transcripts that revealed he had a bigger role than first reported serving as an unofficial adviser to his brother during his sexual harassment scandal, with the exception of Sunny Hostin.  The left-wing host, who is also ABC News' senior legal correspondent, insisted on noting that nothing the CNN host did was "illegal." The documents released this week unveiled the CNN host's sworn testimony to investigators, in which he admitted to using his media contacts to dig up information on accusers against his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D. The documents also found he had snooped on investigative journalist Ronan Farrow's reporting on the governor's indiscretions. CNN’s most popular program in October was the scandal-plagued "Cuomo Prime Time," which averaged 811,000 nightly viewers to finish behind 15 Fox News and seven MSNBC programs.  (CNN) "I think he's in a little trouble here," Joy Behar said in response to the transcripts. "I think he's in a lot of trouble," guest host Jane Coaston...
    Another preview has dropped for the new season of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” The fifteenth season of the hit FXX show premieres December 1, and there’s no doubt that millions of comedy fans around the country are fired up. (REVIEW: ‘Westworld’ Season 3 Ends With The Possible Deaths Of Multiple Characters) Judging from the latest promo, we’re in for a fun time. Give it a watch below.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Always Sunny in Philadelphia (@alwayssunnyfxx) As I’ve said before, we need “It’s Always Sunny” and “South Park” now more than ever before. Comedy is being canceled in this country and we’re headed down a very dangerous path. Once jokes are no longer acceptable, then society is truly lost.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Always Sunny in Philadelphia (@alwayssunnyfxx) The good news is that “It’s Always Sunny” punches back and punches back hard. Is it still as dicey as the early seasons? No, but it’s still one of the best comedies you’re going to...
    5 hurt, including 2 officers, after crash at anti-vaccine protest in San Francisco US journalist detained in Myanmar jailed for 11 years: employer © Provided by People Paul Bruinooge/Patrick McMullan via Getty Sunny Hostin is sharing her opinion on the best path forward for replacing Meghan McCain on The View — and addressed the allegations her former cohost made about the show's work environment. © Paul Bruinooge/Patrick McMullan via Getty In a recent interview, Sunny Hostin addressed Meghan McCain's claims about her experience at The View prior to her exit earlier this year The co-host and author, 53, acknowledged in a recent interview that the panel — comprised of Hostin, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar and Sara Haines — does "need a really conservative voice," but not without some caveats. "Right now, we still do need a really conservative voice," Hostin told The Cut in an interview published Thursday. "I also believe it's really important to not have someone on the panel who spreads misinformation, who adheres to the big lies, who is an anti-vaxxer, because I think...
    Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers repeatedly blasted the “woke mob” for attacking him in the last month, most recently for his stance against Covid-19 vaccines. While Rodgers claims he has an allergy to an ingredient in the mRNA vaccines, he also cited unsubstantiated sterility concerns and his desire to fight back against the “woke mob” because he’s a “critical thinker.” “I’m disappointed in Aaron Rodgers,” The View’s Sunny Hostin said Tuesday morning. “To sort of claim that he’s being canceled and this use of the word ‘woke.’” ‘Woke’ is a more than 75-year-old term that has resurfaced in recent years to symbolize awareness of social injustices. But its frequent use has weakened its origin. “Aaron Rodgers needs to realize,” Hostin explained. “That when you look in the dictionary, ‘woke’ is an adjective meaning that you’re alert to racial prejudice and discrimination and it’s something that originated in the African American community. Using it in that way is despicable and very dismissive to the origin of the term.” Rodgers also used Martin Luther King Jr. during his rambling rant against...
    The View's Sunny Hostin defended Colin Kaepernick's comparison of the National Football League to slavery. The co-hosts of The View discussed Kaepernick's Netflix series Colin in Black & White, a coming-of-age story based on Kaepernick's experience in football. The show's opening scene shows black football players being overseen by white coaches as they play. "What they don't want you to understand is what's being established is a power dynamic," Kaepernick said to the camera. "Before they put you on the field, teams poke, prod, and examine you, searching for any defect that might affect your performance. No boundary respected. No dignity left intact." NAACP URGES ATHLETES NOT TO SIGN WITH TEXAS TEAMS OVER ABORTION AND VOTING LAWS The scene transitions to a slave market, depicting shackled black men in place of the players. Hostin voiced support for the athlete's take on the dynamics within the NFL. "The headlines that are coming out of it instead of his story are, 'Oh my goodness, Colin Kaepernick compared the NFL combines to slavery,' and that's all...
    Real Housewives of New York castmate Eboni K. Williams is eyeing a seat at the table at ABC's The View, but it's not Meghan McCain's chair that she's looking to fill, DailyMail.com has learned.  The reality star apparently has her sights set on replacing veteran panelist Sunny Hostin and is confident that she's a worthy contender, according to inside sources.   Eboni was welcomed as a guest co-host on the daytime talk show last week as the network seeks to replace McCain after the conservative TV personality's abrupt departure in August.  But the 37-year-old reality star has reportedly already ruffled some feathers at ABC after word spread that she's actually gunning for Hostin's job.  'There is only one vacant chair at this show - and it's Meghan's,' an insider at the daytime talk show told DailyMail.com.  'We all rolled our eyes when Eboni told Entertainment Tonight at the Housewives book launch last week that she wants a permanent seat at The View's table.'  Eboni K. Williams was welcomed as a guest co-host on The View last week as ABC seeks to...
    Things got slightly tense between The View’s Sunny Hostin and guest host Gretchen Carlson on Monday when Hostin accused Carlson of sounding “very Republican” after the former Fox News anchor insisted she is actually an independent voter. Following Meghan McCain’s acrimonious departure from The View over the summer, the popular ABC daytime talk show has featured a series of rotating guest hosts to fill the conservative seat until they settle on a permanent co-host. Carlson, the longtime Fox & Friends co-host who blew the whistle on Roger Ailes’ reign of sexual harassment and misconduct at Fox News in 2016, was greeted with a warm welcome when she sat down at The View table Monday morning. In fact, she drew praise for her work on ending forced arbitration for sexual harassment cases. “I realized what my next calling in life was, which was to make the workplace safer for women, people of color, the LGBTQ community, and that's what I'm doing,” Carlson said to loud applause. In a follow-up segment on President Joe Biden’s falling poll numbers among independent and moderate...
    "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin called out Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot for violating both local and state mask mandates.  Lightfoot took to Twitter on Sunday to celebrate the Chicago Sky's victory in the WNBA championship, writing, "What a moment. Congrats champs! A first but not the last for @chicagosky." However, included in the tweet was a photo of the maskless mayor surrounded by fully masked Chicago Sky fans.  CHICAGO MAYOR LORI LIGHTFOOT POSTS MASKLESS PHOTO AT WNBA GAME, APPARENTLY VIOLATING INDOOR MASK MANDATES  On Monday, while discussing President Biden similarly defying Washington D.C.'s mask mandate after he was caught walking through a restaurant without one, Hostin chimed in, telling her co-hosts "optics do matter." "We're having a problem with messaging in this country," Hostin said. "And we're giving these opportunities over and over and over again." The liberal pundit then took aim at the Windy City mayor.  "You’ve got all these people wearing a mask around her, except for the mayor, and she is at this very moment in this standoff with I believe, as she’s the mayor of Chicago, with the Chicago Police over a vaccine...
    "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin offered an apology to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley for suggesting his phone calls to China in the final months of the Trump presidency amounted to "treason." After it was first reported in "Peril" that Milley called his Chinese counterpart and assured him that the U.S. wouldn't attack China and promised to warn the CCP if they did, Hostin scolded the now-top Biden official.  ‘THE VIEW’ CO-HOSTS CLASH AFTER SUNNY HOSTIN, SARA HAINES AGREE THAT GENERAL MILLEY CHINA CALLS WERE ‘TREASON’ "I think that you break command in that way. You are committing treason. You’re going outside of the chain of command," Hostin said. "I worked for the government for many years and it is sacrosanct to go within the chain of command." "I think there’s just no excuse for a silent coup, which I think that’s what that is," she later added. Despite the criticism and the calls for his resignation he had received, Milley remained defiant during his testimony to both Senate and House lawmakers this week, insisting...
    The View host Sunny Hostin offered an olive branch to General Mark Milley by withdrawing her previous opinion that the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff committed “treason.” The View spoke on Wednesday about the testimony Milley and his cohorts gave before the Senate Armed Forces Committee. One of the most intense recurring topics at the hearing was Milley’s backchannel communications with his counterparts in the Chinese military, as Bob Woodward and Robert Costa described in the book Peril. When the news of Milley’s calls first broke, there were public questions about whether he was pulling civilian control of the military away from former President Donald Trump, and Hostin was among those who said that “[if] you break command in that way, you are committing treason.” In hindsight, however, Hostin rescinded her judgment of him after the general explained that his calls were approved by multiple officials within the government “I really need to judge myself on that because I should know better at this point,” Hostin said. “I should have had more information and I acted upon limited...
    Co-hosts Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro returned to ABC’s “The View” on Monday to discuss the false-positive COVID tests they received moments before Vice President Kamala Harris was coming on to the set Friday. Co-host Joy Behar quipped, “So, what’s new? In case you missed it, Friday’s show took an unexpected turn when Ana and Sunny’s COVID tests came back positive while we were on the air.” She continued, “I am thrilled to report that Sunny and Ana’s Friday results turned out to be false positives, and everyone is safe, healthy and COVID-free. No one’s got it. It was a mistake of some sort.” Executive producer Brian Teta said, “It was just an unbelievable set of circumstances.” He continued, “That led to some really awkward television I’d like to have back. I would really like to acknowledge and apologize to Sunny and Ana. In the midst of all this chaos, they were put in this position where they had this information put out on television, and then to make it even worse. It turned out not to be true later on. It...
    THE View is known as a daytime talk show hosted by women who each offer different takes on the day's biggest headlines. On September 24, 2021, what started out as a normal broadcast turned chaotic just moments before Vice President Kamala Harris was scheduled to appear. 2The View's Joy Behar interviewed Vice President Harris on today's episodeCredit: ABC What happened on The View today? September 24's episode was unlike any other after viewers saw co-host Sunny Hostin and guest host Ana Navarro being ushered off the stage prior to an impromptu commercial break.  Co-host Joy Behar later announced that the chaos came after Hostin and Navarro tested positive for Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated. “No matter how hard we try, these things happen,” Behar said on air. “They’ll be OK, I’m sure, because they’re both vaccinated up the wazoo.” Behar later welcomed today's guest, VP Harris, who appeared in a virtual interview despite being expected to appear in person. more from the view REP OR DEM? What to know about Ana Navarro's political beliefsTHE WOMEN A look at...
    Covid tests that forced The View presenters Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin to leave halfway through a live show before Vice President Kamala Harris arrived were false positives, it has emerged.  Co-hosts Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin were booted from Friday morning's live broadcast after returning the positive results at the eleventh hour.   The bombshell news caused chaos on the show's set and forced Harris to delay her interview, which was eventually conducted via video link from another room at ABC's New York studios.  But it has since emerged the results were both false positives after Navarro and Hostin tested negative in antigen and PCR tests taken as soon as they were whisked off air. The co-hosts looked stunned as they received the news ahead of the highly-anticipated interview  The pair were dramatically ordered off set seconds before Harris walked out in front of a live audience, leaving producers scrambling Navarro, who only co-hosts the show a few times a week, told CNN's Anderson Cooper on Friday night that she is 'tested weekly' and had tested negative after the broadcast.  ...
    LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — During a live taping of “The View,” two of the show’s hosts had to be removed after testing positive for COVID-19. The all-female hosted talk show tackles tough topics on a daily basis, but on Friday morning the show became the main headline when Joy Behar had to make the uncomfortable announcement. READ MORE: USC To Conduct Zero Waste Game Saturday Evening “There seems to be something happening here that I’m not 100 percent aware of,” Behar said. “Can someone please apprise me of the situation?” Co-hosts Ana Navarro and Sunny Hostin tested positive for the virus just moments before Vice President Kamala Harris was set to appear in the studio. READ MORE: 4 People Shot At Willowbrook Metro Station, 3 Of Those Critically Injured The producers then removed the host leaving Behar and Sara Haines to fill time for roughly 35 minutes while the crew quickly set up a remote location to protect Harris from possible exposure. “Sunny and Ana are strong women and I know they’re fine but it also really does speak to...
    BREAKING: Sunny and Ana have been asked to leave the ABC studio because they tested positive for COVID. #TheView https://t.co/DMIYrjHjid — The Chat (@The Chat)1632497131.0 According to a report from the Daily Beast, she then added that Harris was still set to join the table after it had been "wiped down." What followed next, the outlet reported, was a "chaotic attempt to take questions from masked audience members without microphones." Harris still had yet to arrive onstage at that point. Shortly thereafter, a producer informed Behar and remaining co-host Sara Haines that they would remotely interview Harris despite her being in the building. With only 10 minutes left in the segment, Harris appeared via livestream from elsewhere in the building. According to People, Harris addressed the co-hosts' disappearance and said, "Sunny and Ana are strong women and I know they're fine. But it really also does speak to the fact that they're vaccinated, and vaccines make all the difference because otherwise we would be concerned about hospitalization and worse."
    The four liberal co-hosts of ABC's "The View" clashed Wednesday after two of them agreed that the alleged phone calls between Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley and his Chinese counterpart amounted to "treason."  Revelations about the phone calls, allegedly made during the final months of former President Donald Trump's administration, came as part of a new book by The Washington Post's Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.  According to the book, Milley made the two calls, unbeknownst to Trump, to Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army to assure him that the U.S. was not planning an attack on China, and that if it were he would warn him in advance. TRUMP DOUBTS REPORT OF MILLEY CALLING CHINESE GENERAL BUT SAYS IT'S ‘TREASON’ IF TRUE The split came as co-hosts Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines slammed Milley for making the calls if he had, while Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar said they would have been justified. "I think that you break command in that way. You are committing treason. You’re going outside of the chain...
    Sunny Hostin said Wednesday that she would be in favor of social media platforms mandating identification prior to creating accounts. Hostin said on ABC’s “The View” that, after receiving numerous racist attacks from anonymous users on social media, she thought people ought to be required to present identification before they were allowed access to the platforms. (RELATED: ‘Really, Really Ghoulish’: Sunny Hostin Blames Fox News For Spreading Misinformation) WATCH: Cohost Whoopi Goldberg introduced the topic, spurred by a call from actor Idris Elba and inspired by anonymous racially-charged attacks against black British athletes following their Euro Cup loss. “Idris Elba wants social media sites to make users prove their identities so they cannot troll people anonymously,” Goldberg began. “Now, do you think this would work, Sunny?” “I really do, and I think this is a terrific, terrific idea. I mean, I am subjected, daily, to racist attacks on social media. I’m talking daily. Sometimes in the hundreds, sometimes in the thousands, and it’s — it’s painful, it’s hurtful, and it’s always from someone who has a cat icon,...
    Charli D'Amelio was called out by "The View" host for "stealing" dances from Black TikTokers. Amy Sussman/Getty Images Sunny Hostin of "The View" said Charli D'Amelio "misappropriated" Black TikTokers' dances.  Hostin criticized her and Addison Rae for performing dances on "The Tonight Show" with Jimmy Fallon. Black TikTokers recently went on 'strike' to call out dance appropriation on the app. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. TikTok star Charli D'Amelio has been criticized by "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin, who called her a "prime example" of "misappropriating" dances created by Black TikTokers. The episode, which aired on June 28, featured a discussion about Courtney Love's recent claims that Olivia Rodrigo plagiarized one of her band's album covers. Hostin said, "I don't think it should be considered 'cute' or 'sweet' to misappropriate other people's creative content. We're seeing it big time on TikTok with Black creators."She said that Black TikTokers "create these incredible dances that go viral like the 'Renegade' dance and 'Savage' and then you see white teenage women misappropriate that content and make millions of dollars...
    Left-wing "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin declared on Wednesday that her friends and family are buying up guns, but her inner circle is arming themselves because of "White supremacy," not because of a rise in homicides and shootings across the nation.  "A lot of my friends and family members have begun to purchase guns, they’ve begun gun training and, I think, a lot of it has to do with the increase in violence against Black people," Hostin said.  "The View" co-host Sunny Hostin declared on Wednesday that her friends and family are buying up guns. Photo by Lou Rocco/ABC via Getty Images)ELISABETH HASSELBECK, KATHERINE SCHWARZENEGGER PRATT, SUNNY HOSTIN, MEGHAN MCCAIN (Getty Images) "If you listen to the FBI statistics, we had FBI Director [Christopher] Wray testify that the greatest threat in the United States is White supremacy," Hostin continued. "And who are the victims of White supremacy? Generally they are African Americans so I really believe that that is why you are seeing African Americans now buying guns … the Second Amendment is for everyone."  OAKLAND CROWD TWERKS...
    The View co-host Sunny Hostin defended New York Times editorial board member Mara Gay after Gay received backlash for saying it “disturbed” her to see “dozens of American flags” on Long Island. “I’m so surprised, actually, that she is receiving this kind of backlash,” Hostin said. “When someone of color, a black woman, is telling you her feelings, people need to listen and not repudiate it, not say, ‘Well, that can’t be true.’” .@sunny defends @MaraGay after she said it “disturbed” her to see “dozens of American flags” on Long Island."When someone of color, a black woman, is telling you her feelings, people need to listen and not repudiate it."MORE: https://t.co/GKgHnXPtIz pic.twitter.com/BRlNMWQZTl— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 9, 2021 The comments come after Gay said during an MSNBC interview Tuesday that seeing American flags and pro-Trump flags was disturbing for her. "I was on Long Island this weekend visiting a really dear friend, and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with explicatives against Joe Biden on the back of them, Trump flags, and,...
    THE VIEW host Sunny Hostin sobbed on air on Tuesday as she said that Derek Chauvin’s guilty verdict is “what justice looks like.” Hostin, 52, spoke to ABC News shortly after the jury found the former Minneapolis police officer guilty on two charges of murder and a manslaughter charge over the death of George Floyd.  7The View host Sunny hostin cried as she spoke about Chaucin's convictionCredit: ABC 7Chauvin was lead away in handcuffs after he was convicted of murderCredit: Reuters 7Ex-cop Derek Chauvin's new mugshot was released WednesdayCredit: The Minnesota Department of Corrections The mother-of-two almost broke down as she spoke about her teenage son and revealed the fear she has for him as a black man in the US.  “I am the mother of an 18-year-old boy who is now in South Africa, and I feel that he is safer in South Africa than he is in his own country,” Hostin said.  “I am so relieved that this is what justice finally looks like for my community. “While I know this does not bring George Floyd back to...
    Fox & Friends featured Fox News contributor Joey Jones to opine the conversation of legislative gun reform that has followed a sharp spike in mass shootings in the past week. And to his great credit, the retired Marine Corps bomb tech offered some legitimately unique perspective on the right-of-center morning show. Unfortunately for him, however, his description of  The View’s Sunny Hostin is likely to get more attention. Jones came on to ostensibly mock Democratic efforts to increase background checks on gun purchases as a mitigation strategy for mass shootings.  While Fox & Friends host focused on more of a shoulder shrugged “what are you gonna do,” approach to gun violence, Jones made the salient point that current background checks can work if they are more effectively implemented, and encouraged the Biden Administration to focus on the efficacy of plans already in place. “I’m not worried about losing my second amendment,” Jones said. “I’m worried about congress focusing its efforts on appeasement and good talking points rather than legislation that may save lives” Steve Doocy then played an edited clip from...
    More On: andrew cuomo De Blasio ‘appealing’ to Biden for COVID-19 vaccine control State Senate’s top Dem hasn’t spoken with Cuomo as budget deadline looms Just Cuo away: De Blasio says he’s given up on working with gov State lawmakers eyeing probe of Cuomo’s group home COVID policy Fox News meteorologist Janice Dean said Tuesday that she’s been blackballed from appearing on “The View” — and suggested it was due to her outspoken criticism of embattled Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Dean — who has blamed Cuomo’s coronavirus policies for the nursing home deaths of her in-laws — tweeted that her publicist has tried “several times” to schedule an appearance for her on the daytime talk show, to no avail. Dean said she wanted to promote her recently published book, “Make Your Own Sunshine,” and also “talk about @NYGovCuomo and what I’ve been doing for 10 months to raise awareness and accountability for my husband’s parents’ deaths.” “Guess what they said?” Dean said. Dean also ripped into “The View” co-hosts Joy Behar and Sunny Hostin, tweeting that “seeing [them] yesterday saying...
    Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro used accusations against Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to complain that Republicans were not held accountable. During the Tuesday broadcast of ABC’s “The View,” cohosts Hostin and Navarro said they supported due process and a thorough investigation into Cuomo’s comments and behavior — but argued that Republicans like former President Donald Trump, Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan and North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorn had escaped similar scrutiny. (RELATED: ‘Utterly Ghoulish’: Meghan McCain And Sunny Hostin Join Forces, Lash Out At Gov. Cuomo Over Nursing Homes) WATCH: Hostin weighed in first after cohost Whoopi Goldberg mentioned a number of calls — from both sides if the political aisle — for Cuomo’s resignation. “You know, I understand that people are concerned, I understand that they’re calling for him to resign but I think the appropriate course here is the independent investigation by the attorney general, by Attorney General Letitia James,” Hostin said. Hostin went on to mention Cawthorn and Jordan, adding that while she wanted to see Cuomo face a full and fair investigation, she...
    Sunny Leone has always been about fashionable outfits and chic looks. Whenever the actress steps out, she makes sure she makes the heads turn. On social media as well, she treats her fans with stunning pictures from her photo shoots, makeup sessions and everything beautiful. She often shares pictures of the ensembles that she steps out in and serves major fashion goals for all her fans. The actress has been chilling after a few months of work and took to social media to share a snippet of it. Sunny Leone Shows off Her Well-Toned ‘Jism’ in Her Latest Swimsuit Picture. The actress posted a picture of herself chilling in the pool. Sunny is wearing a blue bikini while she flaunts her perfectly tones body. She paired the summer wear with a grey hat that had her initials on it. If you look closer you can also see Sunny’s toes that are painted with red and blue colour. In the picture, the actress has covered her face with a hat while chilling under the sun on a pink swimming pool mat...
    Stop everything, you are doing, as Bollywood actress Sunny Leone demands your attention. However, this time, it’s not her goofy post nor an update from her personal life, as the only Baby Doll of the tinsel town is the cover girl for Fablook magazine and that’s the whole goss. The babe took to her Instagram and shared a photo of herself posing on the mag and we bet you’ll be blown away by her beauty. She’s appearing as the face for the magazine’s latest edition and we have zero complaints. Sunny Leone Birthday Special: A Versatile Style Capsule of Her Chic, Glamorous and Ethno-Cool Moments From Homegrown Labels! Elaborating on her look, for the cover, she can be seen wearing an off-shoulder all-white outfit that comprises of delicate embroidered details all over it. Her dress looks quite modern and further her sensuous pose just adds the right amount of drama. Thumbs up to how the stylist only went for a huge neckpiece and a ring as an accessory. Not to miss, her silver heels. All in all, Sunny does give...
    Van Jones reportedly felt two co-hosts of ABC’s The View were “rude” after his appearance on the show’s Friday, February 5 episode. Page Six wrote that a source close to the CNN host claimed Van was “completely blindsided” by how he was questioned and was “not happy about how the interview went. It was unprofessional.” Page Six reported that View panelists Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro took Van to task for his praise of former President Donald Trump. In the past, he has applauded the former president’s work with the black community and worked with him on the First Step Act, a prison and sentencing reform bill reported Refinery 29. “[Van] expected a friendly environment, and I don’t think Meghan [McCain] even knew there was anything controversial about him. It was how they asked the questions that were off-putting. It was shocking how intolerant they were,” said the source to Page Six. Another source claimed that Jones was upset by how the interview took shape. He reportedly spoke to The View‘s producers after the taping and told them that he...
    Loading the player... The View created another viral moment when Sunny Hostin confronted Van Jones for giving former President Donald Trump a “racial cover” during his presidency. Jones, who is a CNN analyst, appeared on Friday’s episode of the ABC chatfest to talk about his new documentary “The Reunited States,” which he co-produced with The View co-host Meghan McCain. The theme of the doc is unity, but he was taken to task by Hostin for his emotional response to President Joe Biden’s win. (Credit: The View/screenshot) After Biden was announced the winner of the November presidential election, Jones cried tears of joy on CNN. Read More: Van Jones moved to tears after Biden wins election: ‘This is a good day’ “Well, it’s easier to be a parent this morning, it’s easier to be a dad,” he said, before beginning to cry. “It’s easier to tell your kids character matters, it matters.” Hostin mentioned that Jones’s words had often been contradictory since he had so often praised Trump despite his volatile time in office. Sunny just called out...