Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2022 - 23:04:36
218 results - (0.001 seconds)

Al Roker’s:

latest news at page 1:
    Al Roker, who was identified as a “known alien” in the movie Men in Black, lost it on the Today show during a discussion on the House starting hearings on UFOs. Roker—who said back in 2008 that he “firmly” believes extraterrestrials are “out there”—showed that he was less than impressed as the Today panel discussed what messages future humans might be sending back to the present time. “Moving on now,” the clearly annoyed Roker said. “Is this the current Al Roker talking or is this the Al Roker from the future,” Today co-host Craig Melvin asked. “I know our producer from the present wants us to move on because time in this universe is finite. MOVING ON!” he yelled. The House committee is holding the first congressional public hearing on UFOs in decades on Tuesday. It follows the release last year of a U.S. intelligence report on UFOs, which found that investigators were only able to explain one out of 144 sightings of mysterious flying objects. Roker’s face appears in a hilarious scene from the movie Men...
    NBC’s Al Roker asked former President Barack Obama to reflect on the 2014 annexation of Crimea, and whether that was a prelude to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. NBC released a preview of their interview with Obama, wherein the 44th president was asked “is this the Vladimir Putin that you had to deal with [during your tenure]?” Obama answered that Putin “has always been ruthless” and nationalistic, but “what we’ve seen with the invasion of Ukraine is him being reckless in a way that you might not have anticipated 8, 10 years ago.” From there, Roker said “hindsight’s 2020” as he brought up the annexation of Crimea, a recurring source of debate concerning Obama’s legacy and America’s Ukraine policy. The Obama administration has been frequently criticized in the past for not taking more severe action against Russia over that event, and as Russia continues its current assault on Ukraine, Roker asked the ex-president “Do you ever think ‘could I have done something differently?'” “The situations in each of those circumstances are different,” Obama answered, “but I think what we’re seeing consistently...
    On Wednesday, NBC's Al Roker beamed while announcing a new interview with former President Barack Obama that will air next week. Roker, a longtime meterologist, told viewers, "We are going to cover a lot of topics, including the environment, Earth month, and there’s a new Netflix documentary series that the president narrated called Our Great National Parks," before playing a preview of Obama's docuseries. "He not only narrates, but he goes to all these different national parks all around the world," Roker added. The docuseries is set to premiere on Netflix April 13, the same day Roker's interview with Obama airs on NBC's Today. GIANT INVESTORS PUSHING DISNEY INTO CULTURE WAR, WOKE, INC. AUTHOR SAYS The series is both narrated and executive produced by the former president. "Obama protected more public lands and waters than any US president. And this docuseries is as much a celebration of nature as it is a call to action," Netflix said on its companion site TUDUM last month. "This birthright is constantly under attack, by...
    Al Roker celebrated the 20-year anniversary of his gastric bypass surgery on Monday, saying he will 'never forget' how far he has come since losing more than 100 pounds. The Today weather anchor, 67, marked the occasion on Tuesday, March 15, by sharing photos of himself with his old jeans to show how he is half the size he was two decades ago.   'Hard to believe it was 20 years ago today, I wore these size 54 Levi jeans to my #gastricbypass at 340 lbs and here I am today,' he wrote in the caption.  Al Roker, 67, commemorated the 20th anniversary of gastric bypass surgery on Tuesday Roker weighed 340 pounds and wore size 54 jeans on the day of his surgery. He lost more than 100 pounds after the procedure. He is pictured in March 2001 (L) and February 2022 (R) 'It’s still a struggle but I’m never going back,' he added. 'I have setbacks and struggle every day, but I never forget how far I’ve come.'  Roker's post received lots of love from his Today show...
    TODAY’s Al Roker tried on the pants he wore before losing over 100 pounds to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his major health makeover on Tuesday. The 67-year-old received gastric bypass surgery in 2002. 4Al Roker tried on a pair of size 54 jeans on Tuesday from before his gastric bypass surgeryCredit: Not known, clear with picture desk 4He's lost over 100 pounds since having the procedure in 2002Credit: Getty After the procedure, Al went on to lose more than 100 pounds – and along with shedding the weight, he had to shed his old clothing, as well. The TV host revealed he made sure to save one important piece, though. He kept the pair of jeans he wore to the surgery as a reminder of the journey that he’s on. On Instagram, Al showed how much his figure has slimmed down over the years by sharing a photo of himself holding the pants up in front of him. Read More on Al RokerROKER SOAKER Al Roker is pummeled by waves from Hurricane Ida in New Orleans'WE LOVE EACH OTHER'...
    More On: al roker Al Roker’s daughter gets married in front of his ‘Today’ show pals Al Roker gets COVID-19 vaccine on the ‘Today’ show Al Roker co-hosts Thanksgiving Day parade after prostate cancer surgery Jillian Michaels reignites feuds with Andy Cohen and Al Roker Al Roker is looking back on his former self. “Hard to believe it was 20 years ago today, I wore these size 54 Levi jeans to my #gastricbypass at 340 lbs and here I am today,” the “Today” weatherman captioned a photo on Instagram Tuesday of himself holding up the aforementioned jeans. “It’s still a struggle but I’m never going back. I have setbacks and struggle every day, but I never forget how far I’ve come.” In a follow-up post, Roker gave fans some insight into his workout regimen, which included going for a sweaty walk on his treadmill. The TV host, 67, first thought about getting healthy when he started feeling pressure from his “mixed-weight marriage” to second wife Deborah Roberts. “My wife is a size 4; she runs, she works out and it became...
    The Today anchors are throwing it back to the '70s — outfits and all — as they relive their middle-school days in the morning show's first Super Bowl public service announcement. Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb, Al Roker, Craig Melvin, and Carson Daly are the stars of a 30-second spot that encourages young girls around the country to pursue their interests in STEM — science, technology, engineering, and math.     The PSA will air on Sunday during the Super Bowl pregame show as part of the national She Can STEM campaign.  Thanks to a daydream sequence, the Today gang flashback to the disco decade as students at a reimagined school where the girls are proudly planning their futures in STEM.  Hoda Kotb and her fellow Today anchors star in a new Super Bowl public service announcement that is part of the national She Can STEM campaign Kotb, Savannah Guthrie (pictured), Al Roker, Craig Melvin, and Carson Daly are all featured in the 30-second spot that encourages young girls to pursue their interests in STEM Fans get a glimpse of what they were like in the...
    President Joe Biden and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden made a couple of surprise appearances on Thanksgiving, as the first couple visited a Coast Guard station and called in to Al Roker at the Macy’s parade. As America’s weatherman covered the parade in New York City, he got a surprise phone call. “Hold on, my phone is ringing oh, my gosh. Look who’s calling! Hello Mr. President!” Roker exclaimed after showing viewers his phone. “Hello, Al how are you doing, pal?” the president said, as Mrs. Biden chimed in “Happy Thanksgiving!” “Dr. Biden and Mr. President, thank you so much!” Roker exclaimed. There would be a lot of exclaiming. Roker went on to ask Biden “What’s your message to the American folks on this Thanksgiving day?” “My message is, after two years, you’re back, America is back there’s nothing we’re unable to overcome. Al, you’re one of the reasons for that, pal. You’re always up, always rooting,” Biden said. “We appreciate it, Mr. President. Thank you so much. I hope you’ll continue to watch the parade, Santa is coming. Santa...
    The anchors at the Today Show went all out for Halloween this year, Al Roker tackling The Weeknd’s iconic Super Bowl halftime show.  The Today Show crew kicked off the Halloween festivities with a “Football Night in America” themed show, during which they paid tribute to the NFL’s biggest stars and cheerleaders, and to fan-favorite Super Bowl commercials and halftime performances. Hoda Kotb gave her best impression of Carrie Underwood, singing her signature Sunday Night Football theme song, while Sheinelle Jones re-created Bruno Mars’ 2014 halftime show. Carson Daly and Willie Geist dressed as teammates Rob Gronkowski and Tom Brady, and Craig Melvin came out as red Kansas City Chiefs superstar quarterback Patrick Mahomes, nodding to this year’s Super Bowl. And while Savannah Guthrie and Jenna Bush Hager dressed up as the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders to perform the “Go Dallas Cowboys,” it was Roker’s halftime tribute that stole the show. The weather presenter sported The Weeknd’s black-and-red sequin ensemble, complete with black gloves and white shoes, and gave his best performance of the singer’s hit song “Blinding Lights.” Roker, of course, had the help of four backup dancers, who were...
    Willard Scott, the legendary weatherman who was a mainstay on NBC's Today Show in the 1980s, has died. He was 87. Scott's close friend and protégé Al Roker confirmed his death on Saturday, writing in a touching tribute: 'We lost a beloved member of our [Today Show] family this morning.'  'Willard Scott passed peacefully at the age of 87 surrounded by family, including his daughters Sally and Mary and his lovely wife, Paris,' Roker wrote. 'He was truly my second dad and am where I am today because of his generous spirit. Willard was a man of his times, the ultimate broadcaster. There will never be anyone quite like him,' added Roker. Al Roker confirmed Willard Scott's death on Saturday, paying tribute to his 'second dad'. The two NBC weathermen are seen together above Scott spent 16 years as the top weatherman on Today, before partially retiring in 1996, when Roker took over. He was known for his zany on-air antics, effusive personality, and insistence on wishing his viewers a happy birthday on national television when they turned 100.  Scott,...
    Veteran weatherman Al Roker ripped into critics Sunday who suggested that NBC put him at risk to get good footage of Hurricane Ida. Roker made an appearance on MSNBC’s “The Sunday Show” to give an update on the conditions in New Orleans, and he told anchor Jonathan Capehart that he had volunteered to be on location for coverage of the massive storm. (RELATED: Al Roker And Joe Biden Fist-Bumped During The Inauguration Parade) WATCH: “When you came on-air, Al, it was windy but it wasn’t as windy,” Capehart began, noting that Roker had moved from an earlier location because conditions had gotten more dangerous. “We have video of your hit on ‘Meet the Press’ and what happened there. Let’s see you right there. I like to call it the Roker stance. Standing strong against the wind. But the water is lapping, slapping around and a certain point is going to come where the big water hits you,” Capehart continued. “Folks on Twitter have been — well, first of all, why is NBC putting him out there? I volunteered to...
    Al Roker took a moment during his Hurricane Ida coverage Monday to say “we are looking at the results of climate change.” Roker has been in Louisiana for the past few days covering the hurricane. A million people are without power and at least one person has died. Andrea Mitchell asked Roker how he would compare Ida to the devastation sixteen years ago when Hurricane Katrina hit. He compared the two serious storms and the damage they did to the region, saying for many residents “this is far worse than Katrina.” As he wrapped up his report, Roker went out of his way to share a message about climate change: I just want to say we are looking at the results of climate change. Those gulf waters were about 3 to 5 degrees above average, 88 to 90 degrees, and that is purely climate change and that’s what created this monster storm. We saw this rapid intensification happen. I mean, this thing — rapid intensification is 35 miles per hour in 24 hours. This thing increased by over 60 miles...
    One of the most iconic news weathermen had a message for “young punks” tweeting about his hurricane coverage on Sunday. Al Roker has been live in Louisiana covering Hurricane Ida, which made landfall on Sunday morning. Roker spoke with MSNBC’s Jonathan Capehart Sunday, who brought up some earlier video of him reporting with waves hitting all around him. There were a number of tweets from people concerned for his safety and asking why he’s still out there with a dangerous storm approaching. To all of those comments, this is what Roker had to say: Folks on Twitter have been — well, first of all, why is NBC putting him out there? I volunteered to come out here. This is what I do. I’ve done this for 40 years, our crews, and we all make sure we’re safe, we’re not going to to something that’s going to put themselves at harm’s way. And then, just to really hammer the point home: “Well, he’s too old to be doing this.” Well, hey, guess what? Screw you! Capehart burst out laughing as Roker continued...
    Windswept Al Roker was pummeled by angry waves alongside Lake Pontchartain as he and the TODAY team reported live from New Orleans just hours before record-setting Hurricane Ida made landfall this afternoon.  The footage of the 67-year-old meteorologist laid bare the immense force of the Category 4 hurricane that careened from Cuba up into the Gulf of Mexico on Friday and led tens of thousands to evacuate their homes.  The power of the storm's 150mph winds, which made landfall around midday local time Sunday, were apparent as Roker's rain jacket and pants fluttered around him and roiling waves crashed down onto his head.  Behind-the-scenes footage of weather conditions that Roker shared to Instagram early Sunday morning painted an even clearer picture of the storm's ramping severity. 'We just got word that this will most likely be one of the top five strongest landfalls ever,' shouted weatherman Al Roker in a broadcast aired from New Orleans around 7 am EST this morning. Roker was barely visible as one huge wave crashed over him - but he later assured viewers...
    THIS is the shocking moment Al Roker was pummeled by waves while reporting on Hurricane Ida in New Orleans as the host recovers from cancer. The Today Show host, 67, was battered by waves and strong winds this morning as Americans braced for what could be one of the strongest storms to hit the United States in years. 6Al Roker was smashed by waves and strong winds as he reported live from New OrleansCredit: NBC News 6Ida has strengthened to a Category 4 storm and made landfall on Sunday afternoonCredit: AP 6Roker revealed he had been diagnosed with an 'aggressive' form of prostate cancer last yearCredit: AP Roker was pictured ankle-deep in water and struggling to stay upright while reporting live from New Orleans for NBC as Hurricane Ida made landfall on Sunday. It comes after Roker revealed in November last year he had been been diagnosed with an "aggressive" form of prostate cancer. He said at the time he would be taking time off work to undergo surgery and recover. Revealing the diagnosis live on air, Roker claimed he...
    NBC weatherman Al Roker gave viewers a fright Sunday morning when he delivered the Hurricane Ida forecast while getting lashed by waves from the approaching storm. The 67-year-old Today show co-host, wearing a heavy jacket and struggling to stand amid the tempest in Lake Pontchartrain, appeared in a segment on Meet the Press at a time when the hurricane was already boasting maximum sustained winds of 150 miles per hour as a Category 4 storm. "Al Roker, get out of that unsafe weather there," anchor Chuck Todd remarked after the forecast was given. WATCH: @alroker pummeled by waves as Hurricane Ida targets New Orleans pic.twitter.com/Fe6LlgmUJp— Meet the Press (@MeetThePress) August 29, 2021 The clip of Roker, who underwent surgery earlier this year to remove his prostate after being diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer, went viral throughout the morning, with Twitter users remarking on his age and safety. MONSTER HURRICANE IDA TESTS REVAMPED LOUISIANA LEVEE SYSTEM ON 16TH ANNIVERSARY OF KATRINA LANDFALL The forecasting veteran responded to the concern with a post on Twitter, assuring people he...
    CELEBRITIES BORN ON THIS DAY: Olivia Cheng, 42; Misha Collins, 47; Amy Adams, 47; Al Roker, 67. (L-R) Actors Misha Collins, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki  (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)  Happy Birthday: Slow down, relax and consider where each decision will lead. Time is on your side, and making the best decision for you will make a difference. Focus on personal growth and physical fitness, and you will be happy with the results you get and how much more you can accomplish when you feel good. Make stability and security your priorities. Your numbers are 4, 10, 18, 22, 27, 34, 47. ARIES (March 21-April 19): Reach out to people who share your concerns, and you’ll form a tight bond. Nurture a meaningful relationship by physically showing how much you care. Change isn’t necessary, but agreeing on a plan will ease stress and help you move forward. 4 stars TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Set your sights on what you want, and put thought into how you will get your plans in motion. A discussion with someone in a superior...
    Everything you need to know about HDR TVs Watch: USA women surge past Japan to stay unbeaten in Tokyo Many of Al Roker's colleagues are away from their loved ones while covering the Tokyo Olympics for NBC. But as his Today co-host Hoda Kotb jokes to PEOPLE, "Al's had the easiest communication with his kids." © Provided by People Leila Roker / Instagram Roker, who is reporting on his 13th Olympic Games, tells PEOPLE that this year's trip to Japan has been a special one since his daughter Leila is also in the host country for work. "My middle girl, Leila, is a production runner for the primetime show on Peacock, and she's always wanted to do this," the father of three, 66, says about his 22-year-old daughter, who graduated from the American University of Paris in May. "She was three years old at the Salt Lake Olympics [in 2002] and she really was fascinated by the production runners," Roker adds, proudly repeating that Leila has "always wanted to do this." The meteorologist and 3rd Hour of Today...
    Loading the player... Al Roker, longtime star of The Today Show, celebrated last week as his daughter, Courtney, got married on Friday. The father and daughter both chronicled the big day on their respective Instagram pages. The famed weatherman and co-anchor of the national NBC morning show posted several photos acknowledging his daughter’s nuptials to fiancé Wesley Laga. From left to right, Wesley Laga, Courtney Roker, Deborah Roberts and Al Roker (via Instagram) He posted a picture of the wedded couple, himself and his wife, ABC News correspondent Deborah Roberts. “A perfect magical evening being there for the marriage of my first princess,” Roker wrote in the caption. READ MORE: Al Roker’s daughter Courtney gets engaged and anchor is ‘thrilled’ In addition, Roker also posted a throwback photo of himself, his parents and Courtney as a little girl, with a caption that marveled at the fast passage of time since that photo was taken. “On this #tbt❤️ I am marveling at [how] fast time flies. Seems like yesterday @ouichefroker was this little girl and tomorrow she’s getting married. Al...
    WEATHER forecaster Al Roker and his wife Deborah have been married for over two decades. The pair have two children, Leila and Nicholas, and Deborah is the stepmother of Roker’s daughter Courtney. 3Deborah Roberts is married to Today Show's Al Roker Who is Al Roker's wife Deborah Roberts? Deborah Roberts, 60, is an American journalist for ABC News. She began her career at WTVM, a local television station in Columbus, Georgia and then moved to Tennessee to work at WBIR. Roberts joined NBC in 1990 as a general-assignment reporter and later served as a correspondent for Dateline NBC. She became a correspondent for 20/20 in 1995 and also anchored World News Tonight Weekend, and Good Morning America. 3Roberts is an award-winning journalist for ABC NewsCredit: Getty The journalist is also an author to a non-fiction book, Been There, Done That: Family Wisdom for Modern Times with her husband Al Roker. Her work in media has earned her an Emmy Award and a Clarion Award. When did Al Roker and Deborah Roberts get married? Roberts and Roker married in 1995 at...
    TODAY’s show Al Roker is a proud father to three children, Courtney, Nicholas, and Leila. The forecaster shared his sentiments in a throwback snap on social media as he marveled at how "fast time flies" prior to Courtney’s wedding day.   4Al Roker and his daughter Courtney Roker Who is Al Roker's daughter Courtney and when did she get married? Courtney Roker, 34, is the daughter of Al and Deborah Roker.  She married Wesley Laga on Saturday, June 5, 2021 in a stunning ceremony surrounded by her loved ones. Courtney wore a beautiful white dress and Wesley wore a black suit for the ceremony. She shared a picture of her big day on social media, writing: "Last night was beyond anything I could ever imagine.  4Courtney got married to Wesley Laga on June 5, 2021 in a stunning ceremonyCredit: Instagram "I celebrated my love for my husband and felt the love from everyone. My heart is filled with happiness and filled with joy." Adding: "And I gotta say my husband's dance moves aint to shabby. Now on to the honeymoon." Roker...
    The forecast is sunny for the Roker crew. Al Roker’s oldest child, daughter Courtney Roker, tied the knot with Wesley Laga on Friday night in front of friends, family and several of Al’s “Today” show pals. “A perfect magical evening being there for the marriage of my first princess,” the famed weatherman captioned a collection of family photos from the big day. The 66-year-old then made note of his “Today” show colleagues by posting a group pic with Craig Melvin, Sheinelle Jones and Dylan Dreyer, plus his wife, Deborah Roberts, and their two kids, Leila and Nick Roker. From left: Dylan Dreyer and husband Brian Fichera, Craig Melvin and wife Lindsay Czarniak and Sheinelle Jones celebrate with Al Roker, Leila Roker, Deborah Roberts and Nick Roker. Instagram “Sharing @ouichefroker and @djweslaga with my @todayshow #peeps @debrobertsabc @cleilapatra and @nick.roker155,” he captioned the shot. “Today” co-anchor Hoda Kotb also joined the festivities at The Ashford Estate in Allentown, NJ, and wrote on Instagram that the wedding was a “Magical night.” Courtney, a recipe developer and chef, is Al’s daughter with his first wife, Alice Bell. The bride’s...
    Tile x QALO’s New Silicone Dog ID Tags Make it Easy to Find Your Pup Numbers inside Japans efforts to host the Olympics amid COVID-19 Courtney Roker is officially off the market! Bernie Sanders Casual Yet Relatable Inauguration Outfit Wins Over the Internet E! See more videos SHARE SHARE TWEET SHARE EMAIL What to watch next Mercedes "MJ" Javid Reveals Where Things Stand Between Tommy & Reza Today E! See the Adorable Illustration of Prince Harry and Archie Harrison Featured in Meghan Markles Book E! Kylie Jenner Is Having a Sexy Summer in Eye-Popping New Beach Pics E! Pretty Little Liars Troian Bellisario Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby No. 2 With Patrick J. Adams E! Bindi Irwin Shares Touching Tribute to Mom Terri and Late Dad Steve on Their Anniversary E! Khloe Kardashian Responds After KUWTK Fan Says She Got Rid of Her “Baby Voice” E! Months After Tom Cruises Tirade, Mission: Impossible 7 Production Is Halted Once Again E! Months After Tom Cruises...
    AL Roker's daughter Courtney married Wesley Laga after a night "beyond anything she could ever imagine." Courtney, 34, shared a few gorgeous snapshots from her wedding day over on Instagram.  8Al, Courtney, Wesley, and Deborah posed together for the wedding photoCredit: Instagram 8Deborah and Wesley danced together on their wedding dayCredit: Instagram Al's daughter danced with her husband, Wesley, in the stunning photo. Courtney wore a beautiful white dress and Wesley donned a black suit for the ceremony. Courtney captioned the photo: "Last night was beyond anything I could ever imagine.  "I celebrated my love for my husband and felt the love from everyone. My heart is filled with happiness and filled with joy." 8Courtney, Al, Deborah, Leila, and Nicholas stood together for a group photoCredit: Instagram The recipe developer added: "And I gotta say my husband's dance moves aint to shabby. Now on to the honeymoon." Before her wedding, Al, 66, shared his "last family photo" with his eldest daughter on Instagram.  Divorced in 1994, Al and his ex Alice Bell share Courtney.  Al and his wife Deborah Roberts, 60, share...
    Associated Press Al Roker, dad to three grown children, became emotional when he was asked for parenting advice.  He said that the most important work a parent can do is to help their children become who they're meant to be. Roker was speaking with NBC correspondent Gadi Schwartz, who is expecting his first child in June.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Al Roker, the "Today" show weatherman who is a household name across the country, became teary-eyed on screen recently when asked for his parenting advice.  Roker was speaking with NBC correspondent Gadi Schwartz, who is expecting his first child with wife Kimi Tobin in June. Schwartz had asked Roker for his parenting advice, and Roker immediately choked up.  "I will tell you both that it's the greatest thing that ever happened to you," Roker said, "and you will know that your heart beats outside your body in someone else." Roker is father to Courtney, 33, Leila, 22, and Nick, 18. He told Schwartz and Tobin, who both work in television that the most important thing...
    BELOVED weather forecaster Al Roker has been with the NBC network for over 40 years. The meteorologist was diagnosed with "aggressive" prostate cancer in September 2020, however, he has since successfully recovered. 4Famous weatherman Al RokerCredit: AP Who is Al Roker? Roker, 66, is currently a weather anchor on NBC's Today, and also serves as a co-host on 3rd Hour Today. Roker is an inactive American Meteorological Society Television Seal #238. The society is the premier scientific and professional organization in the US promoting information about the atmospheric, oceanic and hydrologic science. Their mission is to advance the atmospheric and related sciences, technologies, applications and services for the benefit of society. 4Roker has been with the NBC network for over 40 yearsCredit: Today show On the December 14, 2018 episode of Today, Roker was honored for 40 years at NBC. The Today Plaza was officially named the "Rokerfeller Plaza" in his honor. What is Al Roker's net worth? Roker has a reported $70million net worth, according to Celebrity Net Worth. The outlet reports Roker's NBC salary stands at $10million annually. His most recent contract is...
    Dr. Oz and Al Roker discuss why it’s important not to delay doctor’s appointments.     Watch THE DR. OZ SHOW, weekdays at 3 p.m. on CBS 62. Related
    President Joe Biden broke rank from his Inaugural Parade and headed over to greet and fist bump TV legend Al Roker, reports WTop News.  “Mr President! Dr Biden! How are you feeling?” Roker yelled from the crowd, according to The Independent. President @JoeBiden gave @alroker a fist bump on the parade route! #Inauguration2021 pic.twitter.com/GdaxpBtrK8 — TODAY (@TODAYshow) January 20, 2021 Roker didn’t think the President would break away and acknowledge him  because he wasn’t for anyone else, he told NBC Washington.  “And then all of a sudden, he broke away and came over. I was kind of thrown off at first, because I was not expecting it, but he has been always very generous with his time. And it was just really a special moment for me. And I hope it meant a little something to him on a day that I think we were all feeling very celebratory, and feeling kind of special.” (RELATED: PATEL: Conservatives Should Embrace The President’s Solid Inaugural Message) Social media exploded with joy over this quick moment.  “The day is complete.” wrote one...
    The media almost unanimously fawned over Joe Biden and the events of inauguration day with some crying over it, calling it America's 'happy ending' and gushing over new press secretary Jen Psaki who was given a remarkably warm welcome on her first day after years of hostility between the media gaggle and the person at the briefing room podium.  Since Biden was inaugurated on Wednesday and even before then, some media outlets have relaxed their impartiality to welcome him and his administration with open arms. Unsurprisingly, many belong to the organizations that President Trump made enemies of throughout his presidency.  But there was a huge amount of gushing over Biden on Wednesday, the likes of which Trump's team - specifically his combative press secretaries - could only have dreamed of.  The outpouring will do nothing to restore any kind of trust in the media among Republican voters who have become turned off by the relentlessly anti-Trump coverage of the last four years.  Politico columnist Jack Shafer on Thursday called for 'a little sobriety' from his colleagues in the media.  'CNN...
    President Joe Biden talks with Washington, NBC anchor Al Roker, as he and first lady Jill Biden walk along Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House during Inaugural celebrations, Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021, after being sworn in as the 46th vice president of the United States. (Doug Mills/The New York Times via AP, Pool) It’s kind of a sequel for TV legend Al Roker. President Joe Biden took a little time during his inaugural walk to the White House along Pennsylvania Avenue to chat and fist bump Roker. “To be honest, guys, I didn’t think it was gonna happen. Because he was literally kind of parallel to me,” Al Roker told WTOP news partner NBC Washington. “And then all of a sudden, he broke away and came over. I was kind of thrown off at first, because I was not expecting it, but he has been always very generous with his time. And it was just really a special moment for me. And I hope it meant a little something to him on a day that I think we...
    Biden to revoke Keystone XL pipeline permit after swearing-in: aides Everything You Need to Know About Bidens Inauguration Today — and How to Watch These $19k SUVs Will Make You Trade in Your Car Ad Microsoft The Highest Paying Cash Back Card Has Hit The Market Ad Microsoft 16 Highly Unnecessary Things People Waste Money On (You’re Guilty Of Many) Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/37 SLIDES © @alroker / Instagram There is officially a light at the end of the tunnel. In mid-December, the first COVID-19 vaccine was rolled out in the United Kingdom and the United States and soon...
    Al Roker received his first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine live on the Today show on Tuesday morning after spending the entire weekend trying to book an appointment through the New York State Department of Health website.  The weatherman, who qualified to get the vaccine in New York because he is over 65, scored a highly-coveted appointment at Manhattan's Lenox Hill Hospital, which made 300 available on Sunday. According to the Today show, they were all booked in less than 10 minutes.    'I kept hitting refresh, refresh, refresh on the browser and finally got in,' Al, 66, explained. 'They put up a certain number of appointments each day, and then, luck of the draw. You have to keep going in.' First step: Al Roker, 66, received his first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine live on the Today show on Tuesday No special treatment: Al, who qualified because he is over 65, said he spent the weekend trying to book the appointment through the New York State Department of Health website The Today star said it was important to...
    Al Roker received Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday’s episode of the “Today” show, documenting the process live from New York’s Lennox Hill Hospital. The 66-year-old, who underwent prostate cancer surgery last fall, told viewers he qualified for the vaccine in New York state because he’s over 65 — and not since he’s a celebrity. “All weekend long, I went on the New York state Health dot Gov website and kept logging in and adding in my information, kept logging in, and logging in,” he said, noting that he found success on Sunday morning. “I kept hitting refresh, refresh, refresh on the browser, and finally got in,” Roker continued. “… They put up a certain number of appointments each day and then, luck of the draw.” Roker said his brother Christopher Roker, CEO of NYC Health + Hospitals, previously said “Hey, you can come here,” but the TV weatherman said “no.” “… I said, ‘I don’t want to jump the line, I want to do this officially,’” he said. Steve Martin and Martha Stewart recently also got...
    NBC will welcome in the new year of 2021 with The Rose Parade’s New Year’s Celebration, hosted by Hoda Kotb and Al Roker, which will feature musical performances and special celebrity guests. The event, which will air on the network on January 1 from 11:30 to 1:00 p.m. will be presented by Honda in a reimagined way due to restrictions on large gatherings because of the coronavirus pandemic. In the past, more than 700,000 spectators would have lined the five-and-a-half-mile parade route in Pasadena but in 2021, viewers will enjoy the pageantry from home. Many of the same things viewers love about the Rose Parade, including its history, participants, volunteers, and, of course, the gorgeous flowers will remain said an NBC press release. The cancellation of the Rose Parade has only happened three times previously, during the World War II years of 1942, 1943, and 1945 reported News 4 Jax. The 2021 telecast will mark Al’s 24th anniversary as host and the eighth time for Hoda. This will be the 94th anniversary of NBC broadcasting the telecast. The press release...
    TODAY'S Hoda Kotb and daughter, 3, surprised Al Roker with a birthday cake on the WRONG day as the hosts laugh over the mix-up. His birthday is actually on August 20. 7Hoda Kotb talked about surprising Al Rocker for his birthdayCredit: Twitter / Today 7However, it wasn't Al's birthdayCredit: Twitter / Today 7Hoda and her daughters made a cakeCredit: Twitter / Today On Monday's Today Show, Hoda and Al laughed as they told their fellow co-hosts that the mom of two had confused the dates of his birthday and had celebrated him this weekend. Production showed the adorable Instagram videos where Hoda and her 3-year-old daughter, Haley, who wore matching glasses with Al, were baking a chocolate cake for what they thought was Al's birthday. In the video, the toddler tells the camera: "I'm making you a cake, Al Rocker, love you, bye!" When her mom asked her why she was baking the cake, she said because it was "Al Rocker's birthday." 7Haley licked the bowl after making the cakeCredit: Twitter / Today 7The two wore matching glassesCredit: Twitter...
    Al Roker may have undergone prostate cancer surgery just a few weeks ago, but he certainly didn't let that dampen his spirits on Thursday as he filmed outside in the Today plaza for the first time since March - a momentous occasion that left him screaming for joy.  The 66-year-old, who underwent a five-hour procedure to remove his prostate on November 9, left his Today co-hosts Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb in fits of laughter as he ran around the space outside of the studio, yelling out: 'It feels so good!'  He then proceeded to press himself up against the glass window of Studio 1A where the delighted anchors were seated, unable to contain his excitement.  Happy as can be! Al Roker could not contain his excitement as he filmed from the Today show plaza for the first time since March 13   'It feels so good!' The 66-year-old was literally shouting with joy as he marched around the outdoor space, which is adjacent to the Today studio  Hello! At one point he banged on the window to...
    AL Roker ran around the Today show plaza in excitement about returning for the first time in nine months during the morning show’s broadcast on Thursday. The weatherman, 66, recently underwent surgery for prostate cancer. 5Al Roker returned to the Today plaza for the first time in nine monthsCredit: Today A couple of weeks ago, Al returned to Today after recovering from his succesful operation, but he was working inside the studio, not out in the plaza, where he often was seen pre-pandemic. He made his grand return to the Today show plaza in New York City to deliver his weather forecast on Thursday, with the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree on display behind him. Full of excitement, he was wrapped up in a scarf, hat, gloves and a tan coat as he ran around the area, smiling and screaming. The 66-year-old TV personality said: “I gotta tell you. The last time I was on this plaza was March 13th. It feels so good!” 5He recently underwent surgery for prostate cancerCredit: Twitter 5He returned to work a few weeks ago but...
    Al Roker joined his “Today” show colleagues on Thursday to help co-host Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, following his prostate cancer surgery earlier this month. Taking to Instagram, 66-year-old Roker shared a series of snapshots from Thursday’s festivities, as he sat at a socially distanced booth with co-hosts Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb. “Best part of the #macysthanksgivingdayparade is being with these two: @savannahguthrie and @hodakotb,” Roker captioned one shot. In other photos, the beloved weather forecaster is seen wearing a face mask as he takes selfies with floats and giant parade balloons. On Monday, Roker returned to the “Today” show two weeks after undergoing surgery for prostate cancer. He first opened up about the diagnosis earlier this month. “After a routine check-up in September, turns out I have prostate cancer,” Roker said at the time. “And it’s a good news-bad news kind of thing. The good news is we caught it early, not great news is that it’s a little aggressive so I’m going to be taking some time off to take care of this.” During the first hour...
    Jillian Michaels has reignited feuds with both Andy Cohen and Al Roker over the keto diet, in addition to blasting former “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star Teddi Mellencamp and her All In accountability program. Michaels’ beef with Cohen, 52, began last year when the trainer denounced the keto diet as a “bad plan for a million reasons.” As a result, Cohen made Michaels, 46, the “Jackhole of the Day” on “Watch What Happens Live,” saying that “a lot of people think Jillian Michaels is a bad idea.” Roker — who lost 40 pounds on the keto diet — tweeted at the time that Michaels, “promoted on camera bullying, deprivation, manipulation and more … in the name of weight loss,” while on “The Biggest Loser.” Michaels was willing to have a discussion with both men about the validity of the the high-fat, low-carb meal plan, but according to Michaels, they declined. “Like with keto — Al Roker and Andy Cohen — I was like, ‘Great, let’s have this debate!’ [They were] gone. Vanished! Bye, bye. Gone!” the fitness enthusiast said...
    AL Roker returned to the Today show on Monday - two weeks after he had surgery for prostate cancer. The presenter, 66, told fans at the start of the show: "Great medical care and the love of friends and family, it goes a long way." 6 Al Roker returned to the Today show two weeks after he had surgery for prostate cancerCredit: Today show Al had his prostrate removed along with some surrounding tissue and lymph nodes during a five-hour surgery in New York on November 9. The weatherman - who was diagnosed with "aggressive" prostrate cancer earlier this month - said he returned home to his wife Deborah Roberts and son Nick the day after the operation. "I had great surgeons and a lot of love from my family. Deborah and Nick and Leila and Courtney, and a lot of you, and all of you here, just really took care of me," he told his co-hosts. 6 Al said he's 'feeling good' while discussing his health with his co-hostsCredit: Today show 6 The 66-year-old was spotted going for a stroll after...
    He’s back. Al Roker returned to the “Today” show on Monday morning, two weeks after undergoing surgery for prostate cancer. “I’m back! I’m so excited to see all of you,” the 66-year-old meteorologist wrote on Instagram. During the first hour of “Today,” Roker explained he’s feeling good and “trying to exercise,” adding, “Great medical care and the love of friends and family, it goes a long way.” Earlier this month, Roker revealed he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer and would be taking time off to undergo surgery. “After a routine check-up in September, turns out I have prostate cancer,” Roker said at the time. “And it’s a good news-bad news kind of thing. The good news is we caught it early, not great news is that it’s a little aggressive so I’m going to be taking some time off to take care of this.” Following the procedure, Roker told fans he was recuperating at home. “A big shoutout to everyone at the #josierobertsonsurgerycenter and appreciate all the thoughts and wishes from our viewers and the wonderful care packages...
    Loading the player... This week beloved weatherman Al Roker revealed to his Today show co-hosts that he had received “good news” from his doctors after undergoing surgery for prostate cancer. READ MORE: Prepare to be blown away by Pharrell Williams Netflix series ‘Voices of Fire’ Tuesday, an optimistic Roker appeared on the NBC morning show for the first time sharing his cancer diagnosis during a Nov. 6 broadcast to inform Today co-hosts Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb and the public that last Monday he had a five-hour surgery to remove his prostate and several lymph-nodes. “I’m doing great, but better for seeing you two, let me tell you, and to be with you. It really is special,” said the 66-year-old. “And walking around, the number of people just giving me a thumbs up, ‘Way to go,’ and ‘Hope you’re doing well’ has meant all the world to me. I just went to the doctor’s yesterday and I got some good news.” “I’m told it went well,” said Roker of his recent procedure, noting that his physicians confirm he currently shows no evidence...
    Al Roker has opened up his prostate cancer battle, happily sharing that he appears to be cancer-free after a successful surgery to remove his prostate as well as surrounding tissue and lymph nodes.  The Today weather anchor underwent the five-hour surgery performed by Dr. Vincent Laudone at New York City's Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center on November 9, three days after he publicly announced his prostate cancer diagnosis.  'Walking around, the number of people who have just given me a thumbs up and said, "Way to go, hope you're doing well," has meant all the world to me,' Roker, 66, told his co-stars Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb on Tuesday morning's show.   Great news: Al Roker, 66, opened up about his prostate cancer battle on the Today show on Tuesday, happily reporting that he appears to be cancer free  Cautious: Roker told his co-hosts Savannah Guthrie, center, and Hoda Kotb, right, the news is a 'great relief,' but he noted he's 'not out of the woods' Today Privacy Policy The host received a pathology report on Monday that...