Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Feb 01, 2023 - 17:29:53
218 results - (0.008 seconds)

like a train:

latest news at page 1:
    Ron DeSantis, noted genius, in 2020. Republicans recently panicking over rising COVID-19 cases stemming from unvaccinated Americans and their own inept governance have found their common enemy to blame: immigrants. Now joining Texans Ted Cruz and Greg Abbott is Floridian Ron DeSantis, who is dumb enough to have no fucking clue how to put on a mask but apparently smart enough to figure out who’s to blame for this caseload: immigrants. He has no proof, but it’s immigrants, he insisted on Wednesday. “Joe Biden is taken to himself to try to single out Florida over COVID,” the Orlando Sentinel reports DeSantis said. It was supposed to be a press conference about hurricane assistance, but DeSantis, as infamously thin-skinned as his Mar-a-Lago hero, instead launched into lies about immigrants. “He’s imported more virus from around the world by having a wide-open southern border, you have hundreds of thousands of people pouring across every month,” he claimed. “So he’s facilitating who knows what new variants are out there.” Campaign Action First, the facts: “Florida is heading towards a pandemic peak that may dwarf even this winter's numbers; 1 in 5 of all U.S. COVID-19 cases...
    Alberto Ginés was brought to me by his father when he was eleven years old to see if he could train him. I had experience with climbers who had made very good international appearances. And from there the interest in the competition arose. I remember the one in Italy that was very bad and the family was very supportive. And there we met. And since then his family and mine have been related. My children, younger than him, have always climbed together. We would go out, we would go to train, then I would come to Barcelona once or twice a month. Later we managed to get him to the CAR. I guess this gold is making history. They are the first Olympic Games that climbing has entered. And we weren’t favorites, but we gave it our all. We have left our skin. If I have to highlight something about Ginés, it is its tenacity. And most importantly: he knows how to get up when he falls. Sometimes you need a support, but for good the blows. Our style of...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A man in a wheelchair fell on subway tracks on Wednesday, but was pulled to safety just in time by some quick-thinking commuters. CBS2 has exclusive video of the dramatic rescue. One of our writers, Lauren Mennen, witnessed it all. A man in his 30s somehow fell onto the tracks at Union Square at around 1:15 p.m. and people rushed over when they heard him whimpering. FLASHBACK: NYPD Officers Rescue Man Who Fell Onto Subway Tracks In Manhattan The video shows one man actually jump on the tracks to help, while other good Samaritans lift the victim to the platform. All of this happened while a downtown 6 train was about 10 seconds away from rolling into the station. “One man jumped right into action. He didn’t think twice whether he was going to go on those tracks,” Mennen said. “I was like, people need this. There’s heroes in action and I was like I’m going to wave my hand at the train and it will all be good. I hope people just take positivity away...
    FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – Police are investigating a murder in Fairfield after, they said, a 14-year-old shot another young man of the same age. The teen’s body was found near the train tracks on State Street. READ MORE: Newsoms Pull Kids From Summer Camp Where Masks Were Not Required Fairfield Police say the original call was to someone believed to be hit by a train but learned when they arrived the young man had been shot. The discovery led to shock for business owners like Jocelyn Vo, who owns a nearby nail salon. “I was surprised to see that,” Vo said. “It’s so sad – you know? I have kids, too.” The call came in early Sunday morning, around 2:30 a.m., when someone stumbled upon the body and called 911. “They did the right thing…they went and found a business open to get a hold of us,” said Lt. Jausiah Jacobsen, with the Fairfield Police Department. He, like many others, is saddened by the situation. READ MORE: Search Continues For Hit-And-Run Driver That Killed Caltrans Subcontractor On Highway 99 “Anytime you...
    An Indian influencer known as Iffy Khan went viral after a video (right) edited to look like he died after jumping in front of a moving train went viral. Khan was arrested on July 25. Iffy Khan/Instagram An influencer in India has been accused of faking his own death for Instagram clout. Irfan Khan was arrested after a video edited to look like he jumped in front of a moving train went viral. Khan took the video off Instagram. He is now being investigated for trespassing and being a public nuisance. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. An influencer in India has been arrested and slapped with multiple charges after a video of him edited to look like he died after jumping in front of a train went viral.  Irfan Khan, 28, better known by his Instagram handle Iffy Khan, posted a now-deleted Instagram video last Friday that showed him standing in the middle of a railway track, looking distraught. The video then cuts to a snapshot of Khan supposedly lying dead in the middle of the...
    More On: deals Keep your vaccine card safe with these holders that are on sale for up to 81% off Shop Spanx faux leather leggings in Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale while they last This carbonator makes fizzy drinks in seconds — and it’s 20% off now Learn how to get a startup going from expert venture capitalists Exercising your brain may not seem like the most important thing — it’s not like you can see physical changes like with the muscles in your body if you work them. However, studies show that brain training, and certain apps that help you with this activity, can have an effect on your brain in a similar way to stimulants such as methylphenidate, an ingredient in some ADHD medications like Ritalin. Performing tasks intended on working your brain means that when you come to apply your thoughts to complex tasks in other parts of your life, it can be easier and quicker. Right now, you can get a one-year subscription to NeuroNation Brain Training for the reduced price of $39.99, a savings of...
    When the Army and I realised we were incompatible it was 1973, and I was honourably discharged from officer training at Sandhurst after just four months. It had been intended that I should go into my father's regiment, the Queen's Dragoon Guards, and my parents were left bitterly disappointed. My father told me that I would be a failure all my life, but in the event I was only a failure until I was about 40. After leaving the service I went home and worked as a landscape gardener for a few months; it was this occupation that got me through university, and to which I always resorted whenever I was unemployed. Eventually, the bad atmosphere at home became intolerable, and I got a job teaching on a ranch in rural Colombia, a country of which I had never previously heard. My boss was a white rancher, who gave jobs on the ranch to my pupils when they grew up. I went to Colombia at exactly the right time in my life. It meant that I never followed the path...
    KALVIN PHILLIPS has urged England to take 'more risks' ahead of their Euro 2020 last-16 clash with Germany. The Three Lions will welcome the Germans to Wembley on Tuesday evening for a mouth-watering battle of old enemies. 4England and skipper Harry Kane have struggled for goals this tournamentCredit: Tom Jenkins 4And Kalvin Phillips reckons they can rectify that problem by taking 'more risks'Credit: Getty England struggled for goals in the group stage, finding the back of the net twice in three matches. And Phillips reckons a braver approach from some of his team-mates will remedy their goalscoring woes. He said: "[We have to] be more confident when we're on the ball and take a few risks. Me personally, as well. "I feel like once we do start scoring, I feel like we'll get a few more [goals] as well." Phillips - who has been one of England's standout players of the tournament - plans to adopt a more attack-minded approach to Tuesday's clash with Joachim Loew's men. When asked how he'd take more risks, the Leeds star said: "Maybe if...
    WAYNE, Pa. (CBS) — It’s been said that when we drink coffee, ideas march in like the army. In Wayne, it’s the other way around. First came the troops, then came the coffee. In Radnor Township, there’s a new stop to get your morning on track — Mad Anthony Wayne Cafe. READ MORE: Mama-Tees Effort To Combat Food Insecurity During Pandemic Expands Into Pop-Up Grocery Store Feet from where train tickets are sold, a new assignment for Sgt. First Class Melinda DiStefano, who had the bright idea of transforming the historic station into a cafe. “I work for the New Jersey National Guard, I’m a mom of two, one on the way,” she said. “We just opened up this business. I mean, if there could be any more piled up on my plate, I would probably lose my mind.” So DiStefano, and her husband, Anthony, enlisted Joe Lewis as their business partner. “We met in the field racking out in sleeping bags and we’ve been friends ever since,” Lewis said. Serving multiple tours in Iraq, the three share a long...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — As the mayor tries to woo tourists back to New York City, a visitor from Colombia shared her cautionary tale after an unprovoked attack on the subway landed her in the hospital. The 27-year-old tourist asked CBS2 to conceal her identity. Through a translator, she described to reporter Christina Fan how a man terrorized her on a Queens-bound E train on Monday evening, poking her face before bashing her head with a glass bottle. “I don’t understand English, so I don’t understand what he was saying to me. But, he screamed really loud and he was telling me a lot of things and I was frozen,” she said. READ MORE: More Violence On Subways: Police Say Tourist Hit With Bottle, Man Slashed In Separate Attacks The victim said she tried to escape, but with the train in between stops near the Fifth Avenue and 53rd Street station, she was trapped. “He hit me with something in the head and then I put my hand on my head. Blood started running down. I was so afraid,” she said....
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Ten employees and five donors were inside and an unknown number of people were outside of the Biomat USA Plasma Center on Western Avenue when a car slammed into the building on Saturday morning. Witnesses who were fortunate to not get hit by the car say they saw it come soaring off the West End Bridge, causing the accident. READ MORE: Three Killed, Several Injured After Car Slams Into Biomat USA Plasma Center On Western Avenue “Just panic,” said Shane McDevitt. “I wasn’t sure there were flames.” McDevitt was inside the building in Manchester on Saturday morning. “The whole building started rumbling,” he recalled. “My first thought was earthquake, I really didn’t know what was going on.” McDevitt recalled turning his head and what he saw through a shower of debris. “I realized 10 feet to the right of me there was a car inside of the building,” he said. READ MORE: Portion Of Washington Pike Closed Due To Downed Power Lines When the dust settled, so did his reality....
    Fully vaccinated Americans are safe to no longer wear masks in outdoor sections of public transit and other major travel hub areas, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced on Thursday. The new guidance comes as many COVID-19 restrictions and mask mandates begin to fade as the pandemic nears its end.  However, the federal agency still recommends for unvaccinated individuals to wear masks while in these areas. Last month, the CDC announced that people vaccinated against COVID-19 could  unmask outdoors and in most indoor settings due to the efficacy of vaccines and in the hopes of convincing unvaccinated Americans to get the shot so they could enjoy the same freedoms.  The CDC issued new guidance this week, saying that it is safe for Americans in outdoor areas of transit hubs to remove their masks. Pictured: New Yorkers wait for their subway train. Travelers are required to wear a mask on public transit While CDC guidelines are non-binding, their recommendations often inform policy decisions made by state and local leaders. Currently, the CDC issues special guidelines for vaccinated...
    TRACY (CBS13) — One person has died after a street sweeper truck was struck by a commuter train in Tracy on Wednesday morning. California Highway Patrol says the crash happened just after 7 a.m. on Linne Road between MacArthur Drive and Tracy Boulevard. READ MORE: Rep. McClintocks Campaign Responds To Alyssa Milano Possibly Running Against Him Officers say it appears a construction company was doing some work in the area when a sweeper truck that was sweeping along MacArthur got trapped when the arms of the train track crossing came down on both ends of the vehicle. For some reason, the sweeper truck driver was not able to make it out of the vehicle in time and was struck by an Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) Train. Some nearby neighbors, like Kim Segmiller, heard the collision. “You heard a big boom, and it was just crazy,” Segmiller said. She often feared something like this would happen. READ MORE: Forward Progress Stopped On Fire Burning Along Highway 89 West Of Lake Tahoe “I said oh my god, that is my worst nightmare,”...
    BRIMFIELD (CBS) – June 1, 2011 started out like any normal workday for Lester Twarowski. Work had to be done preparing the Village Green Family Campground in Brimfield for the summer crowd. It was hot and humid and there was a chance of storms in the forecast. At 1 PM, the National Weather Service issued a tornado watch for the area. At 4:17 PM, a tornado was reported in Westfield. The tornado traveled nearly 40 miles and was on the ground for 70 minutes. Twarowski can still recall the moments and sounds of that day. “Like a train coming, like a freight train, a big freight train coming or a jet. It was just a roar,” Twarowski explains. READ MORE: As Massachusetts Reopens, COVID-19 Continues To Spread Among The Unvaccinated The sound of an EF3 Tornado is not something you can forget, even 10 years later. Camper flipped over by tornado at Village Green Family Campground in Brimfield in June, 2011 (WBZ-TV) “You’ll never forget that. Like I said, you hear the wind whistling, for the first couple of years...
    Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau. @RJWinfield / Twitter Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau do not particularly like each other. The years-long feud rekindled once again over the weekend at the PGA Championship. A leaked video shows Koepka rolling his eyes and losing his train of thought near DeChambeau. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The best rivalry in golf added another chapter to its glorious legacy thanks to a video that leaked from the PGA Championship over the weekend. During an interview with Golf Channel reporter Todd Lewis, Brooks Koepka was overtaken by his disdain for Bryson DeChambeau as his rival walked by in the background. Koepka rolled his eyes and attempted to hold back his anger but appeared so caught up in his loathing for DeChambeau that he lost his train of thought in the middle of his response. "I didn't putt well, but I don't think any of the guys were going to putt well with this wind. It's very tough. I don't know what the other guys have said or … I just found...
    A MOTHER has been slammed for repeatedly kissing her young daughter on the lips on a train in a TikTok video. But others have rushed to defend her after the clip went viral and sparked a debate whether or not the smooches were appropriate. 3The TikTok showed the mother and daughter repeatedly kiss for eight secondsCredit: tiktok @dhruvtaraaggarwal103 3The mother has received backlash - as well as support - on social mediaCredit: tiktok @dhruvtaraaggarwal103 The video shows the small child standing on a Sydney train seat leaning over its back towards her mum. The mother holds on to her daughters hands while the pair kiss repeatedly for eight seconds with their eyes closed. The video is accompanied with “romantic” music of a woman singing and was posted with several hashtags including “kids”, “kiss”, “kisstime” and “mother daughter bond”.  Some social media users were shocked by the overload of public affection. 3The clip was filmed on a train in SydneyCredit: tiktok @dhruvtaraaggarwal103 One wrote: “Serious question, why did you kiss your kid like that?  “That doesn't make any sense to me...
    DEER PARK, New York -- A Long Island gym is helping people get fit by embracing their inner ninja warrior, one obstacle at a time.At Obstacle Athletics in Deer Park, they are welcoming people of all ages and fitness levels to try a one-of-a-kind workout that might just be familiar to fans of "American Ninja Warrior."Athletes tackle obstacles of all kinds to boost their abilities to climb and balance, with challenges including warped walls, monkey bars, walls, rope climbs, a double salmon ladder and a devil staircase. Related: Learn how to act, craft and dance all in one class with Project Move"Our tagline is overcome anything," said Kevin LaPlatney, owner of Obstacle Athletics. "From Day One, something that we meant literally and figuratively. Sure, you can get over these obstacles, but overcoming whatever you know might have set you back in your fitness and your health. There is no ego here."LaPlatney opened the gym with a few friends who shared a love for this particular style of fitness.He wanted to have a facility where he could train all year, not...
    SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — Mantakarn Seenin, who is Thai, was on her way to work from Balboa Park in San Francisco Tuesday morning around 8 a.m., when she was attacked. BART police said the assault happened on an East Bay-bound train between 16th Street and Civic Center stations. READ MORE: Mountain Lion Captured Alive In San Francisco Bernal Heights Neighborhood She said a man, described as a young African American, demanded her phone. Seenin said before she could even respond, he started hitting her in the face. “I didn’t say nothing, he just like started punching me on my face, and hit me you know like, they asked me how many times, I cannot remember how many times that he punching on my face,” she recalled in an interview with KPIX 5’s Betty Yu. A friend of the woman provided images of her following the attack, showing a bruise and swelling around her left eye. Seenin said he grabbed her phone and ran out of the train car at Civic Center station. “I think...
    Keep calm DOWNING Street and its scientists must not over-react to the Indian Covid variant. Despite his jitters, Boris Johnson insists we’ll regain our freedoms on time. Good. ???? Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest updates 5Boris insists we’ll regain our freedoms on timeCredit: Reuters The Sun has always said the only significant figures are rising deaths and hospitalisations. There is zero sign of either, even as variant cases spike. Our miraculous vaccines have broken the link between infections and deaths. Unlike last year, the latter won’t follow the former unless the variant can somehow beat the power of the jabs. And there is no suggestion of that yet either. If cases do soar, but symptoms are minor or none — as is likely in jabbed people — we have nothing to fear. As long as Covid infection has been reduced to a negligible threat we MUST reopen even if thousands a day test positive. 5 Woke joke HOW woke must you be to find “Good ­afternoon ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls” offensive? And how cravenly feeble must...
    TRAIN-obsessed Michael Portillo has started dressing like them, fans spotted. The ex-Tory minister, 67, films journeys for TV, and has around 20 bold outfits which match the livery of rail firms. 10Ex-Tory minister Michael Portillo, 67, has started to dress like his favourite machines, trainsCredit: TWITTER/GARETH 10Fans have spotted the train-obsessed politician deliberately wearing the same colours as them, here mimicking Southeastern trainsCredit: Twitter The former politician has had to invest in a string of bold blazers, shirts and chinos. He wore navy with tangerine for old British Rail trains and even bright yellow with royal blue for the Eurostar. The ex-politician has worn garish red, purple and yellow get up for South Western trains, pink and beige to match Transport for Wales and turquoise to match Southern’s brand. Graphic designer Gareth Peate said: "It struck me that Michael often chose jackets, trousers and shirts that mirrored the livery of the major train companies. “Doing some research I was amazed to find that there were more than 20 colour matches between his wardrobe and the livery of trains....
    Anime fans rejoiced this week at the debut of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train in North America. The movie had a great start and made roughly $21.1 million, making it the biggest US foreign-language box office debut ever. And with all those sales came a major gathering of anime fans for the first time since the start of the pandemic. The pandemic still has an effect on the movie-watching experience, of course. A recurring joke on the internet speculates about whether or not people will know how to act normal after spending over a year away from other human beings. Anime fans are already used to being told they don’t “act normal,” or hearing jokes that they don’t wear deodorant. But the anime fans going to see Demon Slayer have decided to embrace the cringe. It all started with a sound clip on TikTok that combined a bunch of cliché phrases that anime fans say on “weebtok,” the part of TikTok where people post anime content. There’s a person shouting “Dekuuuuuuuu!,” a reference to My...
    The Intel logo displayed outside of the Intel headquarters on April 26, 2018, in Santa Clara, California. Following the deadly Capitol siege on Jan. 6, many corporate political action committees (PACs) halted donations while they reevaluated their political giving policies. Some even pledged not to donate to GOP seditionists who voted against certification of the election results. But newly released election commission filings from February reveal three corporate PACs that began re-upping their donations to Republicans after an entire month (or less!) of thinking long and hard about whether to provide financial backing to lawmakers who voted against American democracy. As Judd Legum of Popular Information documents, Intel originally declared "we will not contribute to members of Congress who voted against certification of the Electoral College results as we feel that action was counter to our company's values." But on February 26, the Intel PAC greenlighted a $15,000 contribution to the National Republican Campaign Committee, the campaign arm for House Republicans. In other words, Intel’s PAC resumed giving to an organization that supports the reelection of House Republicans, about two-thirds of...
    Eight-year-old bulldog “Sampson” was saved by the quick reaction of two Long Island Rail Road members last Tuesday. Mike Francow was sitting down for lunch at an East Hampton park when his bulldog took off on an impromptu adventure. The Suffolk County building contractor told the New York Post that Sampson, his eight-year-old bulldog, is “the type of dog that always returns,” usually to his van. But after searching the area, a self-described “distraught” Francow had to return to work. Meanwhile, Sampson’s adventure had brought him onto nearby train tracks — and into the path of an oncoming engine. “As a dog lover, it’s like my worst fear to hit a dog,” LIRR engineer Christian Beck said. “Luckily it was a section of track where the max speed you can go is only like 40 miles an hour. It was enough time to react and slow the train.” Beck, alongside assistant conductor Vinny Fragale, hopped down onto the tracks to get Sampson clear. And even though he was missing a ticket, they invited him along for the remainder of their jaunt from Jamaica to...
    This very good boy turned out to also be a very lucky boy. A lost dog and his Suffolk County building contractor owner were reunited after a few nervous hours this week — when the crew of a Long Island Rail Road train rescued the pup from some tracks in the Hamptons. The 8-year-old English bulldog, named Sampson, scampered away while his owner, Mike Francow, was eating lunch in a park in East Hampton Tuesday. The construction worker searched for the dog, thinking it had run onto some railroad tracks, but held out hope he would soon turn up. “He’s the type of dog that always returns,” he told The Post Thursday. “He would usually come back to my van.” A “distraught” Francow, however, eventually had to get back to work, and left the park without finding his pet. Unbeknownst to him, however, Sampson’s dangerous jaunt onto some train tracks took a lucky turn — as the pup had become fast friends with the crew of the 10:10 a.m. Montauk-bound LIRR train out of Jamaica. Mike Francow had...
    RIPPLING abs have become an obsession in men’s fitness ever since Brad Pitt’s eight-pack hit screens in 1999 flick Fight Club. But TV’s Mark Wright warns he too tried to achieve the look — and ended up depressed. Matthew Lloyd 9 Mark qualified as a personal trainer and began hosting workout sessions live on Instagram with his younger brother Josh, 31 Today the pro footballer and former Towie cast member launches his fitness app Train Wright to help others find a healthy balance. Mark’s regime is good enough for his wife Michelle Keegan, 33, who previously told fans she had been joining in with Mark’s high-intensity training (HIIT) sessions. But during a break from his latest modelling shoot, Mark, 34, dangles a packet of sweets in the air as he exclusively tells Fab Daily why he is not looking to replicate Brad’s Hollywood body. He says: “Everything should be in moderation and that’s why I haven’t got an eight-pack. “I don’t look like I’m starring in Fight Club because to get to that, it would just make me...
    Courtney Stodden says she feels a "strong connection" to Britney Spears because of her own experiences being bullied as a teen in the spotlight. In an interview with Fox News this week, Stodden, 26, shared her reaction to the "Framing Britney Spears" documentary and the persistent slut-shaming and mockery she faced during her teenage years. The lingerie model originally made headlines in 2011 at age 16 when she married "Green Mile" actor Doug Hutchison, who was 51 at the time. The documentary has been the talk of Hollywood and beyond since its Feb. 5 release as it shines a light on the ways Spears was ridiculed by the media, the public and the paparazzi. It also provides a back story to Spears' infamous 2007 meltdown and her ongoing conservatorship battle against her father, Jamie Spears, and has resulted in Spears' ex Justin Timberlake and other notable stars issuing public apologies for mistreating her. Stodden says she had no intention of tuning in to the doc because she was afraid of what it may "trigger." But once her phone began blowing up with messages, mostly apologies from...
    Best single-season TV shows The 10 Worst States for Millennials © JOHANNES EISELE/AFP via Getty Images Ysaora Thibus of France reacts after winning against Jeon Her Sook of South Korea after the women's foil team competition final at the 2018 World Fencing Championships in Wuxi in China's eastern Jiangsu province on July 26, 2018. JOHANNES EISELE/AFP via Getty Images In March 2020, the International Olympics Committee announced the games would be postponed to 2021. The rescheduled games gave athletes an extra year to train, and worry about the status of the event. Champion fencer Ysaora Thibus kept training and decided not to waste precious time on doubts. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Ysaora Thibus had the makings of being a top athlete in the world from a young age. "I realized really quickly that I loved to win," Thibus told Insider. "Every time I was going to competitions I was really going there to win. When I was losing, I was crying." The champion fencer grew up in the small island group of Guadeloupe, a French...
    Bollywood actor Kunal Kemmu shared a video where he can be seen lifting 150 kilos of weight. He says it is not about how much you lift but how well you can lift it and not injure yourself in the process. Kunal posted the video on instagram, doing a repetition of deadlift with 150 kilos. “150kgs! That is currently my one rep max on deadlifts. It’s an exercise that i really like and one that needs to be done right. Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival: Kunal Kemmu Honoured to Get the Best Actor Award in Comedy for Lootcase. Proper form is paramount specially as you build strength and add weights Never ego train. It’s not about how much you can lift but how well you can lift it and not injure yourself in the process,” he wrote as caption. Kunal said it took him two months of training to build up to this weight. It is his sixth and last set. Kunal Kemmu Is Busy Doing Father’s Duty with This Adorable Gesture for Daughter Inaaya. Kunal Kemmu Deadlifts 150 Kgs...
    More On: subway slashings Letters to the Editor — Feb. 18, 2021 City probing how ‘A-Train Ripper’ slipped through system, de Blasio says Dad of ‘A-Train Ripper’ victim issues urgent plea to NYC NYPD deploys more cops into subway system amid crime spree In December 2019, in an effort to better understand the challenges of my constituents utilizing mass transit, I gave up my personal car. I began taking the subway to City Hall every day, and I genuinely enjoyed the experience, often making friends with my fellow straphangers on the 2 train. I’ve been re-thinking this decision in the last few weeks and months, as the state of the subway has deteriorated rapidly. I remember in the 1980s parents always cautioned their kids not to ride the subways because crime was so high. Now, in 2021, I find myself issuing the same warning to my own kids. The subways have become a dangerous place, with violent crimes becoming commonplace. It seems like hardly a week goes by without a story of someone being attacked on...
    Three things we learned from Georges St-Pierre’s Clubhouse chat with AJ Agazarm. On Tuesday afternoon, BJJ black-belt and professional MMA fighter, AJ Agazarm hosted a discussion with former UFC champion, Georges St-Pierre. The chat was hosted on the new social media platform, Clubhouse. The chat lasted about 30 minutes and we collected three of the most important tidbits from it from those who couldn’t listen live. Georges St-Pierre doesn’t think he’s *that* good at pure wrestling“I’m a better wrestler for MMA than I am in pure wrestling, but I’m actually not bad at wrestling as well,” St-Pierre said. “I trained with some guys that trained for the Olympic games. And I’ve trained in Colorado with the team there as well. So I’m okay. I’m far from Olympic level. I’m not bad in wrestling. It’s just the thing that helped me a lot is the fact that I did karate. And my style of karate, I use the timing of karate to set up my takedown. So my style is very different than a lot of the wrestlers. Like for example Kamaru Usman and...
    The sister of a homeless man charged in the deadly weekend stabbing spree on the A Train was shocked to learn of his alleged crimes. “This is a surprise to me. He was normal, as far as I saw,” Lisbeth Astwod, 27, said of her 21-year-old brother, Rigoberto Lopez. Lopez was captured Saturday night and charged with the stabbings that left two people dead and two others wounded since 11:30 a.m. Friday, police have said. Police said Lopez, who most recently lived in a Boerum Hill shelter, has at least four prior arrests and has battled mental-health issues. Astwod affirmed her brother faced bouts of depression. “He used to get depression, but was never diagnosed with schizophrenia or anything like that. The only drugs I knew of him using was marijuana,” she said. One of Lopez’s previous arrests was for possessing a controlled substance, police have said. Before living at the shelter, Lopez, according to his sister, lived with his family in the Bronx. But was eventually kicked out by his two older brothers. “There were some issues about...
    More On: subway slashings Soaring crime is killing NYC’s subway system MTA wants triple the number of extra cops in subways after A-train rampage Two more apparently random subway attacks reported in NYC on Sunday Father of ‘A-train Ripper’ victim shares anguish: ‘It breaks my heart’ The sister of a homeless man charged in the deadly weekend stabbing spree on the A Train was shocked to learn of his alleged crimes. “This is a surprise to me. He was normal, as far as I saw,” Lisbeth Astwod, 27, said of her 21-year-old brother, Rigoberto Lopez. Lopez was captured Saturday night and charged with the stabbings that left two people dead and two others wounded since 11:30 a.m. Friday, police have said. Police said Lopez, who most recently lived in a Boerum Hill shelter, has at least four prior arrests and has battled mental-health issues. Astwod affirmed her brother faced bouts of depression. “He used to get depression, but was never diagnosed with schizophrenia or anything like that. The only drugs I knew of him using was marijuana,” she said....
    NORMAL, Ill. (AP) — About 16 Union Pacific freight cars have gone off railroad tracks at a train station in Illinois. Normal Mayor Chris Koos said the derailment occurred Saturday morning at a train switching area, The (Bloomington) Pantagraph reported. The derailment occurred about 5 a.m. No injuries were reported, and no hazardous materials were involved, officials said. Some power lines were damaged. Crews were making repairs Saturday to the tracks. “Two lines that run parallel have damage, but we hope that one line will be functional as soon as the wreckage is cleared away,” Koos said. Normal is about 130 miles (209 kilometers) southwest of Chicago. Illinois State University student Trevor Tanke stays in a building near the derailment site and said the building “shook for like 15, 20 seconds.” “ ... and we were like, ‘Wow. Was that an earthquake?’” Tanke said. Amtrak officials at the Uptown Center in Normal said buses were being used to transport some affected rail passengers until the tracks could be reopened, according to The Pantagraph. Two trains also will detour between St....
    Firas Zahabi, the current owner and head coach of the Tristar Gym in Quebec, Canada, shared his opinion on how athletes should train. The gym is famous for having one of the greatest fighters of all time, Georges St-Pierre, on its roster. Georges St-Pierre has been known for his highly productive training style, which may have been incorporated at this gym. Zahabi talked to Joe Rogan on the JRE podcast about the same. MMA fans can credit Zahabi for instilling this work ethic in ‘Rush’, and it’s a testament to his brilliance that St-Pierre is still in great shape despite being almost 40. Zahabi said, “I am a big believer in never being sore. You should train, and on the next day, you should wake up feeling good.” He explained, “There’s something called the weight of perceived exertion. Let’s say I make you do pull-ups, and the max amount of pull-ups you can do is ten... Should I make you do 10 pull-ups? No, I am gonna make you do five. Why? Cause I am setting you up to work...
    Tennis star Gael Monfils broke down Monday after losing in five sets to Finland’s Emil Ruusuvuori in the first round of the Australian Open. It was the Frenchman’s seventh consecutive loss. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM "I would like to get up and tell you that this nightmare is over, but here I am," he told reporters after the match, via Insider. "I feel judged. I'm already on the ground, you shoot me. I ask for a little mercy. It hurts me because I train like a madman and it doesn't work. When the guy is down, don't shoot him." Monfils was then asked if he clings to anything after the tough loss. SERENA WILLIAMS HAS ONE-WORD REACTION TO TOM BRADY'S 7TH SUPER BOWL VICTORY "To nothing. I will give my mother’s simple sentence. She will tell me: ‘We must continue to train and it will come back. This is the only trick.’" The 34-year-old is one of the more recognizable names in tennis, though he has never won a major. In the Australian Open, his best...
    BOXING phenom Claressa Shields will make her eagerly-anticipated mixed martial arts debut in June. The undefeated three-weight world champion shocked the combat sports world late last year by penning a multi-year deal with the Professional Fighters League. 7Boxing phenom Claressa Shields is set to make her MMA debut in JuneCredit: INSTAGRAM@CLARESSASHIELDS 7Claressa Shields recently inked a three-year deal with the PFLCredit: INSTAGRAM@PFL 7Claressa Shields is an undefeated three-weight world champion boxerCredit: GETTY American Shields' deal with the PFL allows her to compete in boxing and MMA simultaneously, with her maiden cage outing set to take place a little over two months after her undisputed junior middleweight title fight with Marie-Eve Dicaire on March 5. The two-time Olympic gold medallist told SunSport: "My MMA match will be in the middle of June." Shields - who has been honing her craft at JacksonWink MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico - is excited at the prospect of stepping in the cage but admits she's somewhat nervous about her debut. The pride of Flint, Michigan said: "Every time I say it, I feel this thing...
    BENICIA (KPIX 5) – In Benicia and the immediate surrounding area there are thought to be about 1,600 people 75 years of age or older. It was monumental news when this community suddenly received 1,400 doses of vaccine. “I didn’t even know they were doing it,” said Carrie Burns. “I turned the TV on and they said they were having it. So I said I better go down and try to get a shot.” Burns was done, just like that. Even with non-stop traffic, Tuesday’s vaccination effort moved with machine-like precision. “Twenty minutes,” guessed Ken Butler on his way out. “They’re really moving people well.” COVID-19 vaccination clinic in Benicia on February 2, 2021. (CBS) To make it happen, Benicia had to get moving. Like many of the larger clinics now popping up around the Bay Area, this one materialized in a hurry. “We were able to pull this off in a span of five days when we got word from Solano County and mobilized the entire city infrastructure,” said Benicia Economic Development Manager Mario Giuliani. “Valero refinery provided all...
    The creator of the Reddit forum at the center of the ongoing stock market frenzy called the recent coordinated strategy to pump ailing stocks like GameStop and AMC a “train wreck.” Jaime Rogozinski, 39, who established Reddit’s r/WallStreetBets in 2012 as a platform to discuss unconventional investing strategies, expressed unease over the forum’s astronomical rise in influence in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. “It’s a little like watching one of those horror films where you can see the bad guy slowly going up the stairs,” Rogozinski told the newspaper. “You see this train wreck happening in real time.” WallStreetBets has played a prominent role boosting GameStop, and other similar ebbing companies, playing host to many of the amateur investors driving the stock prices up. The move has resulted in billions of dollars in losses for hedge fund companies that shorted those same businesses. Rogozinski, a married father of 3-year-old twins who lives in Mexico City, started WallStreetBets while employed as an information technology consultant in Washington, D.C., the report said. In the early stages, just a few...
    More On: gamestop Robinhood to allow ‘limited buys’ of GameStop shares following freeze ‘F–k Robinhood’: Protesters take to Wall Street amid GameStop stock chaos NY AG Letitia James ‘reviewing’ Robinhood over GameStop trade restrictions House and Senate announce hearings over GameStop trading saga The creator of the Reddit forum at the center of the ongoing stock market frenzy called the recent coordinated strategy to pump ailing stocks like GameStop and AMC a “train wreck.” Jaime Rogozinski, 39, who established Reddit’s r/WallStreetBets in 2012 as a platform to discuss unconventional investing strategies, expressed unease over the forum’s astronomical rise in influence in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. “It’s a little like watching one of those horror films where you can see the bad guy slowly going up the stairs,” Rogozinski told the newspaper. “You see this train wreck happening in real time.” WallStreetBets has played a prominent role boosting GameStop, and other similar ebbing companies, playing host to many of the amateur investors driving the stock prices up. The move has resulted in billions of dollars in losses...
    THIS is the moment Katie Price told her delighted son Harvey that will be doing train announcements for Network Rail. The 42-year-old reality star told the train-obsessed 18-year-old, who has autism and complex issues, the good news today. 2Credit: YouTube Speaking on her YouTube channel with cropped hair, she told him: "You know you went to the station with Zach? "Lots of people saw you talk about trains. The company, a station phoned mummy up and said would Harvey like to go to a station and do an announcement. "Harvey would go 'can I have your attention please?' Would you like to do that and take Zach with you?" The delighted teen replied: "Yes, mummy." 2 Most read in ShowbizExclusiveDAY IN COURT16 & Pregnant’s Lori heading to trial in possession of child pornography case'THE NERVE!'Leah Messer slammed for saying she gets 'mom guilt' after trip to Nashville'spreading'Love Island's Olivia Bowen shares graphic photos of psoriasis battle'SO LAZY!'Teen Mom Amber Portwood ripped for 'taking advantage' of baby daddy Gary Shirley'blessed!'Teen Mom Chelsea Houska praised by husband after she gave birth to...
    The man who created Reddit's WallStreetBets is a Mexico City father of twins who says the GameStop shares mania is 'like watching a train wreck in real time'.  Jaime Rogozinski, 39, told The Wall Street Journal: 'It's a little like watching one of those horror films where you can see the bad guy slowly going up the stairs. 'You see this train wreck happening in real time.'  Members of his Reddit forum spearheaded the campaign to drive up GameStop shares in a battle against hedge fund short-sellers.  He earlier tweeted: 'It seems Occupy Wall Street had the wrong approach.' Rogozinski, who lives with his physician wife and their three-year-old children, said he started the page as an alternative to forums where he was told his investment ideas were 'too risky'.  One his early subscribers was 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli. He was sentenced to seven years in federal prison in March 2018 for securities fraud for lying to investors in his hedge funds and manipulating shock shared for his company, Retrophin Inc. The site grew quickly after 2019 when Fidelity Investments and Charles Schwab...
    JAKE PAUL is set to train with UFC superstar Jorge Masvidal ahead of his boxing match with Ben Askren. The YouTuber will throw down with the former UFC welterweight in a professional boxing match on April 17. 4Jake Paul will take on Ben Askren in a boxing matchCredit: Jake Paul 4Ben Askren is set to make his professional boxing debut against Jake PaulCredit: AP And he's set to call on the services of Askren's old foe Masvidal ahead of their showdown. Paul told ESPN: “We’re here in Miami training. I wanted to channel Masvidal’s energy since he’s in Florida. "I wanted to link up with Masvidal. I’m linking up with Masvidal tomorrow. He’s going to help me train for this fight. "And hopefully, I can knock out Askren faster than Masvidal did. I know it seems like a lofty goal, but if I can get under 4.9 seconds then I can break his record." Masvidal scored the fastest knockout in UFC history in his 2019 meeting with Askren, who he KO'd in five seconds with a vicious flying knee and...
    IT'S no fluke that Cristiano Ronaldo became the best. After all, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner has dedicated his life to football - pushing his body to the limit to get fitter and stronger. 9Cristiano Ronaldo shows off his incredible physique achieved through hard work and determinationCredit: AFP 9Ronaldo's work ethic has left former team mates like Dimitar Berbatov in awe of his dedicationCredit: Getty Images - Getty The 35-year-old has left other pros in awe of his work ethic, as well as his diet - setting the benchmark for others to follow. Even his partner - the stunning Georgina Rodriguez - revealed she was "ashamed" training next to him. Ronaldo is a team mate who dictates what players eat and forces his friends to work just as hard as him... if they can! Here's what they say about CR7. ARTHUR MELO Ronaldo's Brazilian team mate at Juventus has been in the unique position of working with both the Portuguese superstar and his great rival, Lionel Messi. Former Barcelona midfielder Arthur revealed how the ex-Manchester United star encouraged him to...