Thursday, Sep 29, 2022 - 20:31:22
1000 results - (0.079 seconds)

one:

latest news at page 1:
    Many weather forecasters are getting out in front of the story by getting outside during Hurricane Ian as part of a storied tradition of fearless weathermen and women braving the conditions for the sake of good coverage.  The devastating hurricane could potentially become a Category 5 storm as it pummels Florida, warned Governor Ron DeSantis, but that didn't stop these weather forecasters from walking straight into it. One weatherman, Jim Cantore of BNO news, was shown almost being blown away by the severe winds as he covered the storm.  'I can't stand up' Cantore said as the hurricane-force winds force him to hang to a street sign to avoid being thrown over by the wind. WATCH: Weatherman Jim Cantore is nearly blown away while reporting on Hurricane Ian pic.twitter.com/BKV90AFhxG— BNO News (@BNONews) September 28, 2022 A weather forecaster for CNN stands by the water in St. Petersburg, Florida just hours before Hurricane Ian began producing large, unpredictable waves The weather became visibly worse over the hours the forecasters stayed in St. Petersburg, with rain eventually blocking out much of the...
    Wednesday morning on Always Right Radio with Bob Frantz, weekday mornings on AM 1420 The Answer, host Frantz welcomed Republican candidate for Congress in District 9, J.R. Majewski, to the show to set the record straight on his combat veteran status amidst character-assassination attempts. (Majewski clip plays) Frantz: I love that. J.R. Majewski. A little levity to a very serious situation there as he appeared on Steve Bannon’s WarRoom: Pandemic, discussing the attacks on him and his military record, accusations that he is guilty of stolen valor for embellishing his service in Afghanistan as a part of Operation Enduring Freedom. We are joined now by the GOP Trump-endorsed candidate for Congress in District Nine, facing lifer Marcy Kaptur. J.R. Majewski on AM 420 The Answer, good to have you on the program. How are you this morning? Majewski: I’m doing great, Bob. Thanks for having me, buddy. Frantz: I hate to do it this way, but where the hell is my barbecue? Majewski: (Chuckles) Well, if you would have come out to Defiance, Ohio, last night, we had a heck...
    Live from Music Row, Wednesday morning on The Tennessee Star Report with Michael Patrick Leahy – broadcast on Nashville’s Talk Radio 98.3 and 1510 WLAC weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. – host Leahy welcomed conservative journalist, author of Unmasked, and Editor-at-Large Andy Ngo to the newsmaker line to discuss his recovery process from a violent attack, his work at The Post Millennial, and Antifa’s presence as security at events central to the left-wing agenda. Leahy: We welcome to our newsmaker line our good friend Andy Ngo, who is the editor-at-large at Post Millennial and one of the bravest conservative journalists in America today. Good morning, Andy. Ngo: Hi, thanks for having me on. Leahy: We are delighted to have you on. Andy – first, how is your health? I know you were attacked by some Antifa thugs a couple of years ago. How are you feeling? Ngo: Well, for those who have been victim to traumatic brain injuries, that unfortunately quite often is a lifelong recovery process. So even though it won’t ever be the same as before the brain injury...
    President Joe Biden looks into the audience as he leaves after speaking during the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, at the Ronald Reagan Building.Evan Vucci/AP Fight disinformation: Sign up for the free Mother Jones Daily newsletter and follow the news that matters.At a White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health on Wednesday, President Joe Biden outlined a bold plan to eliminate hunger in the United States over the next decade. “I know we can do this, end hunger in this country by 2030, and lower the toll that dietary-related diseases take on too many Americans,” Biden told the crowd of hundreds of nutrition advocates Wednesday.  There’s just one problem: the biggest components of that bold plan require congressional buy-in Biden doesn’t have and is unlikely to get anytime soon. The conference was the first of its kind in more than 50 years, when the Nixon Administration convened more than 5,000 experts who collectively made and voted on 1,800 food and nutrition recommended policy changes, according to a 2020 report by the School of Nutrition Science and...
    A BRIDE has revealed the unusual reason she kicked a waitress out of her wedding, prompting even her new husband to call her "crazy." The bride explained that she set a dress code with a minimalistic look for her guests – and she was furious when a member of the waitstaff didn't meet her vision. 1A bride threatened to call the cops at her wedding due to what one server was wearingCredit: Getty The 35-year-old bride and her 30-year-old groom had their "dream wedding" last weekend, which included a strict dress code. "My guests were all told to wear dark colors so my husband and I stood out, I also asked my guests to wear minimal makeup, the bride wrote in a Reddit post. "I had assumed that applied to the staff too," she added. The bride was upset with how one server looked and immediately demanded she be hidden away. Read more on WeddingsSOMETHING BOYS IN BLUE I arrived at church on my wedding day in a police RIOT VANNOT SUCH MONSTERS I'm a luxury wedding stylist - here's...
    Getty Eagles coach Doug Pederson talks over a play with QB Jalen Hurts while backup Carson Wentz listens in. Doug Pederson never got the opportunity to mold Jalen Hurts into the next franchise quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles. However, the Super Bowl-winning coach was deeply involved with drafting Hurts and grooming him in 2020. Pederson was the one who made the controversial decision to bench Carson Wentz in favor of Hurts. Naturally, the two shared a special bond and mutual respect during their lone year together. On Wednesday, Hurts talked about his relationship with Pederson and what he learned. “I’m very grateful for Coach Pederson and the time I spent with him,” Hurts told reporters. “Obviously, him taking a chance on me, making me an Eagle, so that’s something that’s very important to me. I’m glad he’s got another opportunity and he’s doing great so far coaching a really good Jaguars team so I have a lot of respect for him.” Doug Pederson says Jalen Hurts will start this Sunday vs. Cowboys pic.twitter.com/Kr7YKvaNbl — B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) December...
    THIS Walmart employee had tested out a wrinkle remover spray to see if it would smooth out his shirt without him having to iron it. The video creator on the TikTok account @walmartopd1176 shared how to get wrinkle-free clothes within minutes using this popular product at Walmart. 2This Walmart employee shared a product that will get wrinkles out of your clothes within minutesCredit: TikTok/@walmartopd1176 2He used the Bounce 3 in 1 wrinkle releaser spray in the videoCredit: TikTok/@walmartopd1176 "It's hard to find time to iron your clothes, especially if you're a college student," he said at the beginning of the video. To fix this problem, the employee tested out a wrinkle spray from the laundry brand Bounce. The Bounce Rapid Touch-Up 3 in 1 Wrinkle Releaser Clothing Spray worked wonders on a wrinkly white shirt. Walmart sells this product in a 9.7 fluid ounce can for $5.44. Read more on walmart'UNFAIR' Walmart legal challenge even shoppers wrongly accused on self-checkout should knowTIME IT RIGHT I'm a Walmart shopper - a store manager gave me a secret hack for bargains In...
    THE Gabby Petito Story on Lifetime has become a controversial topic as many claim the film is coming “too soon” after the vlogger’s tragic murder. One of the film’s lead actresses is being slammed online as people believe she is using Gabby’s murder for “fame and money.” 4People are criticizing the The Gabby Petito Story as some feel it came 'too soon' after the vlogger's murderCredit: Social Media - Refer to source 4Skyler Samuels has been slammed by people online for portraying Gabby in the filmCredit: Lifetime Skyler Samuels is starring as the 22-year-old vlogger opposite Evan Hall playing Gabby’s fiancé, Brian Laundrie, 23. The film was released just one year after Gabby’s beaten body was found strangled to death in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. Samuels received criticism for participating in the film with Instagram users taking a jab at the actress on a recent selfie post. One commented: "Wow you look JUST like this girl that was killed by her boyfriend in a horrific way. "You should TOTALLY exploit her demise for money and fame that would be awesome and...
    This week, U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) led more than a dozen of his colleagues in a letter to President Biden, urging him to nominate a Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner to serve at the Social Security Administration. The Social Security Administration has been without permanent leadership for more than a year, making it difficult to address longstanding challenges that the agency faces in providing service to Americans who rely on these benefits. There are 5,117 Scioto County Residents currently benefiting from SSI benefits. The senators addressing the cause included Tom Carper (D-DE), Alex Padilla (D-CA), Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Bob Casey (D-PA), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), Ed Markey (D-MA), Ben Cardin (D-MD), Patty Murray (D-WA), Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY), Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Brian Schatz (D-HI), Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT). The letter stated, “We write today to urge the nomination of a Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner to serve as Senate-confirmed leaders for the Social Security Administration (SSA) and carry out the responsibilities of the agency.” In the letter, the senators addressed the need, explaining there are 179 million...
    ONE woman had a gut feeling that led to a $1million lottery win. Greensboro, North Carolina resident Licette Griffin in a convenience store when she made a bold prediction. 1Licette Griffin has a $1million prize in North CarolinaCredit: NC Education Lottery Licette noted to the clerk that she had a feeling she was going to win soon. The next day, Licette was named a winner of a $1 million prize. “I told him, one of these days it’s going to happen,’” Licette told local news publication Yes! Weekly. “The next day this happened.” Read more about the lotteryJACKPOT I won the lottery - the strategy I used to bag a million dollar prize WINNING RECORD Lottery numbers that win the most revealed - what beats the 1 in 302m odds For Licette, who is a 59-year-old information technology (IT) worker, it was a $10 Jumbo Bucks ticket that was purchased at a Gate City Express on East Lee Street in Greensboro that scored the jackpot. She was sitting outside her porch when she scratched the ticket. “When I saw...
    watch nowVIDEO7:0407:04Jim Chanos: The fact there's a meltdown among Chinese developers is a major storyDelivering Alpha Beneath all the clamor over Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the efforts to tamp down inflation, investors are largely passing over a huge story in China, famed short-seller Jim Chanos said Wednesday. Troubles in the Chinese real estate market are a distant third to the war and rate hikes targeted at containing inflation. But Chanos, known in particular for his long history of bets against the world's second-largest economy, said it's a major story with far-reaching implications, particularly at a time when global markets are in a fragile position. "If what is going on in the world, whether it's Russia/Ukraine, whether it's central banks losing control, whatever might be, weren't happening right now, I think what would be happening in the Chinese real estate market would be front and center for investors," the Chanos and Co. founder said Wednesday at CNBC's Delivering Alpha conference in New York. The nation faces a deepening crisis caused by multiple factors, resulting in the worst plunge in home...
    In a move that could be interpreted as a sign of how bad things are in Florida, 21 Waffle Houses have closed their doors in the Sunshine State due to Hurricane Ian. The "Waffle House Index" has become an unofficial gauge of how severe a natural disaster is, a practice that has been acknowledged by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The popular chain restaurant is known for only closing in the direst of conditions, often staking out to provide food and resources for first responders during recovery efforts, according to USA Today. As the logic goes, if the ever-resilient Waffle Houses are closing, the situation must be severe. "The Waffle House test just doesn't tell us how quickly a business might rebound — it also tells how the larger community is faring," a FEMA blog post states, according to the outlet. "The sooner restaurants, grocery and corner stores or banks can reopen, the sooner local economies will start generating revenue again — signaling a strong recovery for that community." HURRICANE IAN LIVE VIDEOS: STORM CAMERAS CAPTURE CATEGORY 4...
    POLICE are urging the public to help find a wanted man - who has a very distinctive 'BEAST' tattoo inked across his entire forehead. Jamies Sutton is wanted by police for failing to attend a hearing for domestic violence assault charges and property damage at a court earlier this month. 1Police are asking for the public's help to find Jamies Sutton - and have been torn apart onlineCredit: NSW Police Cops today put a call out to the Australian public to help track Sutton down, but they have been ridiculed online as the alleged criminal has a number of distinctive tattoos - including BEAST across his forehead. Along with his facial tattoos, Sutton also has the words ‘Game Over’ etched onto his knuckles, along with additional ink on his neck. But that information wasn't shared in 9News Melbourne's original Twitter post. Accompanied with a photo of Sutton, it said: "Murray River Police District are seeking assistance to locate wanted man Jaimes Sutton, who frequents the Deniliquin area on the VIC-NSW border." Read more on tattoosTATT'S NAFF...
    The Navy has proposed rigorous blood tests among SEAL recruits after a 24-year old SEAL trainee died hours after completing the grueling 'Hell Week.' Senior Navy officials have asked the Pentagon to approve blood testing to detect potentially illegal or banned substances used by the elite forces. Seaman Kyle Mullen of Manalapan, New Jersey died on February 4, 2022.      A military autopsy report revealed that the young trainees' cause of death was pneumonia. The report also indicated that Mullen went untreated until it was too late, the news outlet reported.   But, hours after his death steroids were found in Mullen's car, CNN reported.  Mullen's mother Regina Mullen, a registered nurse, told the news outlet that her son did not have PEDs in his system, according to the toxicology report, but said her son had told her other trainees were using them, the news outlet said. Seaman Kyle Mullen, 24, of Manalapan, New Jersey died on February 4, 2022. A military autopsy report revealed that the young trainees' cause of death was pneumonia. The report also indicated that Mullen went untreated until it was too late,...
    EMERGENCY services have rushed onto the tarmac at Heathrow Airport after two planes crashed into each other. The incident took place at 8pm tonight at the London hub which handles more than 80 million international passengers annually. 1Two planes have clipped each other at Heathrow It's believed that a Korean 777 clipped a Icelandair 767 while taxiing. The Korean Air flight Flight #KE908 was scheduled to leave London at 19:35. One passenger wrote on Twitter: "Pretty sure we scrapped another plane with our wing tip while taxiing. "We have been told that we are going back to the gate due to a technical issue. "But that was 15 mins ago and we haven't moved." Another passenger added: "We hit another plane while taxiing. I saw it out the window. Wingtip scrapped the tail of another plane." While a third said: "Surrounded by about ten police cars and a couple of fire engines. "Apparently the plane has 'a technical problem'." Most read in UK NewsMOLLY'S AGONY Videos seen by Molly before taking her life kept me up at night, says...
    Getty Luka Doncic #77 of the Dallas Mavericks. After the Dallas Mavericks made the Western Conference Finals last season, this summer was viewed as an opportunity to build on the surprising success. But months later, that initial optimism has been replaced by a healthy dose of tepid reality. Jalen Brunson is gone, with no real replacement. Christian Wood could provide a nice offensive upgrade, but he’s projected to be Dallas’ sixth man. Of particular concern is the lack of a strong backcourt partner for Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic. Brunson was an excellent Robin to Doncic’s Batman, but he traded Dallas for Gotham in the New York Knicks. Into Brunson’s place steps Spencer Dinwiddie. But what does the season have in store for the Doncic-Dinwiddie tandem? According to Andy Bailey of Bleacher Report, that remains Dallas’ number one question heading into the new season. Can Spencer Dinwiddie Become Dallas’ Secondary Playmaker?On July 31, Bailey conducted a dive into Brunson’s stats from 2019-20 and compared them to Brunson’s 2021-22 numbers. And the results were surprising and, for Mavs fans, relieving....
    After missing the entire 2021-22 NBA season and undergoing a procedure on his lower back this summer, Nets star Ben Simmons says there are no limitations to his game. Simmons, who missed all of last season due to both mental health issues and a herniated disk in his lower back, was a full participant in Nets practice for the second day in a row for Day 2 of Nets training camp at the HSS Training Facility in Industry City on Wednesday. For reference, Simmons’ lingering back issues prevented him from ever playing five-on-five after his midseason trade to the Nets last season. Those issues, however, appear to be behind him. Simmons said he blocked teammate David Duke Jr. at the rim during Wednesday’s practice. “I’m getting used to the up and down play, but I feel great,” he said. “It’s good to be here with the guys.” Simmons said he can do everything now after the surgery that he could before he missed all of last season. When asked if there’s anything he’s not cleared for, Simmons said: “Pretty sure...
    EXCLUSIVE — Former adviser to President Donald Trump Sebastian Gorka is looking to get involved with the House Republicans’ expected investigation into Hunter Biden if the party takes back the lower chamber. Gorka met with Rep. Matt Gaetz on Wednesday as the Florida Republican attempts to recruit the controversial conservative pundit to become a staff director if a select committee is formed to examine the business dealings of President Joe Biden’s son, according to one source familiar with the meeting. Although House Republicans have expressed that investigating Hunter Biden would be a priority for the standing committees of jurisdiction, it remains unclear whether the party's leadership is considering establishing the select committee and whether Gaetz would be tapped to lead or sit on the panel if it is created. "Gaetz is the one that is trying to bring him on board, but it looks like that's where the other folks who are ideologically aligned with Gaetz want to go as well," the source said. TRUMP WANTED TO FIRE IVANKA AND JARED KUSHNER VIA TWITTER: BOOK ...
    According to the audit, those ineligible taxpayers may be required to repay the funds. Those who should have received payments, but did not, were directed to claim the amount on their tax returns. Regarding qualified households that did not receive the payments, IRS management stated that they found several programming errors that caused the mistake. For example, one error "erroneously excluded taxpayers who had an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number," and another "occurred when only one spouse updated their bank account information" in the tax credit portal. The audit stated that the IRS also fixed multiple programming errors that caused "certain taxpayers to be excluded from receiving a periodic payment." The inspector general's office provided the IRS with five recommendations to avoid similar errors in the future, including preventing additional improper payments, informing taxpayers if their advance payments may have been sent to another account, and validating incoming files from third-party sources. According to the report, the IRS agreed to all of the recommendations.
    FILLED with dollar deals, cheap dupes, and shoe steals, one Shein package came full of must-have items for a savvy shopper. YouTube's discount guru Laura Lee shared a haul of her recent accessory purchases, including a Prada dupe for just $11. 8YouTube star Laura Lee shares her Shein accessory haulCredit: YouTube/Laure Lee 8She bought office supplies, purses, sunglasses, and shoesCredit: YouTube/Laure Lee If you're looking for trendy yet cheap office supplies and bag options, Shein has plenty. Laura posted a video detailing every accessory she bought and spotlighting the handful of dupes she found. She begins with a similar pair of shoes to the $89.99 Ugg Goldenstar Platform Sandal. However, the Shein Buckle Detail Flatform Ankle Strap Sandals are only $28. READ MORE ON SHEINA SHEIN FIRST I’m midsize & did a Shein try on haul - I felt like Aladdin in the trouserGOING BACK I'm plus size - my fall Shein haul was so cute but their skirt was so NSFW These platform black sandals are the perfect summer-to-fall transition shoe for when it's still...
    BEING a sugar baby sounds like the perfect financial plan: date a wealthy older man and hope he wills you his money when he dies. But according to women who have lived through it, a sugar daddy's death isn't a one-way ticket to luxury. 3Yoshika Gonzalez, 28, is a 'sugar baby' who draws an income by dating wealthy menCredit: TikTok 3Gonzalez said that most women don't inherit lots of money if their 'sugar daddy' diesCredit: TikTok Three former sugar babies spoke to Insider and recounted exactly what happened when their own sugar daddies died – and none of them received untold riches. According to Yoshika Gonzalez, 28, most sugar daddies have wives or children who will be the recipients of any inheritance if shey should die. "These men are probably married, and at the end of the day, they are going to prioritize their family members over others," Gonzalez told the outlet.  Gonzalez, who frequently makes TikTok videos about her "sugar dating" lifestyle, said the trend of videos that joke about inheriting money from a late sugar daddy don't reflect...
    Getty Tyler Herro #14 of the Miami Heat waits for a free throw during a game against the Milwaukee Bucks Tyler Herro had a strong season last year and earned himself some hardware with the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year Award-winning season. Despite winning an award, the Miami Heat guard still found himself attached to trade rumors this offseason. Whether it was Kevin Durant or Donovan Mitchell, Herro was one of the premier pieces being shopped in exchange for a new Heat superstar. The Heat didn’t get a trade done this offseason and are prepared to run it back with their same core as last season, something Herro encouraged them to do.  Now, as training camp begins and Herro is still on the Heat roster with a contract extension looming, the Heat guard is coming into the season with a lot to prove this offseason, including his hope for an All-Star campaign in the upcoming 2022-23 NBA season. Tyler Herro Reveals All-Star Goal This SeasonHerro averaged over 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists per game as the...
    THOUSANDS of Americans will get a $300 tax rebate this year. People who live in Flint, Michigan will see the extra money coming back to them after the city council approved the measure this week after months of debate. 1Flint water accounts will get a $300 dollar rebate this year The measure will utilize 8.6million in federal money allocated to the city by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) passed in 2021. Who is eligible? All active water accounts will receive the boost. Accounts that aren't up-to-date on payments will also receive a $300 credit. Read More on RebatesTAKE TWO Direct payments worth up to $300 to be sent to Americans after delivery snagEXTRA CASH Millions of Americans will receive tax rebates from surprise $3billion pot Supporters on the council touted the rebate as much needed relief for citizens who have dealt with some of the highest water bills in the nation. "So this is one way for them to see the city of Flint helping the residents in times of need, and so this is just something that they...
    A TEACHER has shared the most unfortunate student name he's ever come across during his career and sounds like it belongs on a farm. He shared the story behind the name online in a humorous video that might make some people think twice before naming their children after a loved one. 3Teacher Will Kelley shares the story behind the most memorable name he's ever heard while teaching on TikTokCredit: TikTok 3Kelley stitches a duet with TikTok user @doctorcarlton asking about the most unfortunate name anyone has ever heardCredit: TikTok TikTok user Will Kelly, known as @wildandwonderfulwk on the platform, is not just a teacher but also a writer and food lover. The video is stitched with a TikTok @doctorcarlton asking about the "most unfortunate name you've ever run cross." Over his many years of teaching, Kelley has come across many different names, but there is one that he says will always be memorable. Meant to be an ode to a parent, the education professional enthralls viewers with the tale of how one student ended up with the legal...
    ACTRESS Skyler Samuels who portrays Gabby Petito in a new Lifetime movie has been slammed for using the vlogger's murder for "fame and money." The Gabby Petito Story will premiere on Saturday with Skyler Samuels playing Gabby, 22, and Evan Hall acting as Brain Laundrie, 23. 4The film depicts Gabby and her fiance, Brian Laundrie's 'complicated relationship'Credit: Lifetime 4Gabby Petito, 22, (pictured) was found dead after she vanished on a road trip with her boyfriendCredit: EPA This movie will be released just a year after the vlogger's body was found beaten and strangled to death in Grand Teton National Park after she vanished on cross country trip with her fiance, Brian. Officials said Brian later committed suicide after he was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head. While Brian was never arrested, the FBI did find a notebook with Brian's remains where he admitted to killing Gabby. The film will explore Gabby and Brian's "complicated relationship" and "what may have gone wrong during their cross-country trip," according to Lifetime's teaser. Read more on Gabby PetitoUNIMPRESSED Online sleuths mock...
    Skip Bayless referred to Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers as a “shock jock” for comments he made during his weekly radio spot. Rodgers, during his weekly appearance on the Pat McAfee Show, said he regards Bill Belichick as the greatest coach in NFL history — a title long bestowed upon Vince Lombardi, the legendary Packers coach for whom the Super Bowl trophy was named. Given Lombardi coached for the very same Packers franchise where Rodgers has spent the last 17 seasons, many expected Rodgers would surely throw his support behind Lombardi. During Wednesday’s Undisputed on Fox Sports 1, Bayless indicated he did not like the comments by Rodgers, and believes the Green Bay signal caller was trying to ruffle feathers with his provocative take. “This is vintage Aaron Rodgers,” Bayless said. “He’s feeling himself, ‘I finally got even with Tom Brady, I finally beat Tom Brady, so I can get away with saying anything I want to say. Who the hell was Vince Lombardi? I’ll pick Bill Belichick, just to piss them all off.’ He loves it, he’s a...
    MARTINEZ — At the start of his trial, the East Bay man accused of lobbing bricks onto Highway 242, resulting in one death and other serious injuries, has accepted a plea deal and a 22-year prison term, court records show. Mark Lawrence Navone, 47, pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter, mayhem, and assault in exchange for the Contra Costa District Attorney dismissing murder and other felony charges against him. He is set to be formally sentenced on Oct. 19, according to court records. Navone was charged last year with murdering 63-year-old Margarita Ruiz, of Antioch, who was struck by a brick  as she rode in a vehicle  on April 10, 2020, with her three grandchildren. He was also charged with mayhem for allegedly throwing a brick at a driver who was partially blinded and suffered a fractured skull in December when a brick came through her windshield and struck her in the head, police said. Ruiz was struck in the chest by a brick and killed while her 20-year-old grandson drove northbound at around 9:30 p.m. April 10. Her grandson...
    ALDI has revealed five secret tricks used to save customers money - and you can do it to drastically help avoid self-checkout nightmares. The grocery store gave a look into this low-price formula in one of its stores in Brooklyn, New York. 2Aldi is sharing their secrets on how they save customers moneyCredit: Google Maps Vice President of national buying at Aldi, Scott Patton, explained how the chain has crafted a selection of high-quality products with a simple shopping experience to bring give customers low prices. For shoppers, this is essential during a time when inflation is causing food prices to surge. “We’ve seen more customers come to Aldi to save money,” said Patton at the Aldi located on Flatbush Avenue. “One thing I’ve recognized is that the cook-at-home [trend] that started during the pandemic seems to have stayed a while. “So we’re seeing bigger baskets and people buying more products because eating out is so expensive. More customers are coming to our stores and purchasing full meals.” READ MORE SHOPPING ADVICEBULK BUYING I’m a Costco super shopper - I...
    For a city without stoplights, supermarkets or a Starbucks, little Augusta, Kentucky, on the bucolic southern bank of the Ohio River, is a happening place. Not only is a former Miss America a native daughter, the one-time seat of Bracken County counts among its 1,200 citizens the parents of George Clooney. In fact, Nick and Nina, both in their 80s, still live less than two blocks from where their two-time Oscar-winning son went to high school. Dad, a three-time Emmy nominee, is a former anchorman at KNBC in Los Angeles. Pouring even more country gravy on Augusta’s claims to fame, the longtime home of Nick’s sister and George’s aunt, Rosemary Clooney, is now a museum dedicated to the late, legendary entertainer. Viewed from the top deck of the American Countess, a rainbow straddles Kentucky and Indiana over the Ohio River. (Photo by David Dickstein)  Even with all this star power, Augusta maintains a charming Anytown U.S.A. look and feel. So humble is this hamlet in the Heartland, comparing it to Mayberry from the old “Andy Griffith Show” or Disneyland’s Main...
    KAY ADAMS loves homestyle pretzels. Adams, a long-time host of NFL Network's Good Morning Football and current host of FanDuel's Up And Adams, demonstrated her sense of humor via a Twitter post on Tuesday evening. 2Adams shared this image captioned "me thinking about dot's homestyle pretzels."Credit: TWITTER/Kay Adams The screenshot of her licking her lips was captioned: "me thinking about dot’s homestyle pretzels." However, with social media being what it is, it didn't take long for someone to take the opportunity to use the post for an X-rated admission. The person retweeted the image with a caption that implied that Adams is "one of the few girls" they would sleep with. Thankfully, creepiness aside, Adams took the comment with a grain of salt and once again, demonstrated her sense of humor by replying: "hey thanks man really appreciate it." Read More on FootballCOACH RODGERS Aaron Rodgers opens up to Pat McAfee about the time he was a play callerTERRY CONCERN Fans worried about health of legendary broadcaster Terry Bradshaw The person themselves replied with a simple: "Youre very welcome [smile...
    LA BREA is a popular Sci-Fi disaster series loaded with mystery and drama that airs on NBC. The series first premiered in 2021 and is now on its second season, causing fans to wonder who the cast members are. 2La Brea follows the survivors of a sinkhole disaster that brings them to a mysterious alternate dimensionCredit: NBC Who is in the cast of La Brea? The cast of La Brea is led by Natalie Zea, who portrays the role of Eve Harris. In addition to Zea, other cast members include: Jack Martin as Josh Harris Eoin Macken as Gavin Harris Zyra Gorecki as Izzy Harris Chiké Okonkwo as Ty Coleman Veronica St Clair as Riley Velez Rohan Mirchandaney as Scott Israni Lily Santiago as Veronica Castillo Jon Seda as Sam Velez Chloe De Los Santos as Lilly Castillo Nicholas Gonzalez as Levi Delgado Read More from NBCNEW STAR Get to know La Brea cast member Zyra GoreckiBACK TO HEALTH Get to know the cast members from Chicago Med What...
    The Chicago Bears take a 2-1 record, a suddenly dominant running game and a still-struggling passing game into East Rutherford, N.J., on Sunday to face the New York Giants. The Tribune’s Brad Biggs opens his weekly Bears mailbag to address whether quarterback Justin Fields can rebound from a rough start to his career. Like their failed predecessors, Justin Fields and the Bears coaching staff say all the right things, such as “we have to get better.” Unfortunately, actions speak louder than words. We now have a growing sample size (13 games) that consistently reveals Fields holds the ball too long and fails to see the entire field. There is little evidence he will get better. I sincerely believe the Bears will be looking for another QB next season via draft, trade or free agency — an all-too-familiar scenario for Bears fans. I am at a loss to identify a single QB who had such a poor career start and then became a difference maker. Thoughts? — Jim A., Plymouth, Minn. The Bears are in an uncomfortable position when it comes...
    WHEN your work involves face-to-face contact with regular customers, chances are you're going to have your favourites. But one McDonald's worker, who is from the US and posts under the acronym @bankedupdee, took to TikTok and revealed there's a regular that she dreads coming in every week - and it's all because of her "disgusting order." 3A McDonald's employee told of one regular customer who places the most "disgusting order"Credit: TikTok/@bankedupdee 3The customer in question asks for her burger bun to be put through the toaster several timesCredit: TikTok/@bankedupdee The employee told how the customer in question always asks for her food to be put through the toaster several times and is only happy when it comes out looking burnt to a crisp. In the clip, the employee rages: “This lady comes through every weekend talking about she wants it ran through the toaster three f***ing times. "My kitchen is literally on fire, bro. “Every weekend we go through this bro. What the f***.” READ MORE ON FOODTRASH TALK My neighbours keeps throwing buckets of food into my...
    ABC Alfonso Ribeiro & Tyra Banks, co-hosts of DWTS. It’s hard to believe, but not everyone is a fan of reality TV. Even those who appreciate the genre are not necessarily going to like every show, including “The Bachelor.” However, when you’re a new host on a popular reality show, it might not be prudent to tear apart another big reality show, especially when they are both owned and produced by the same company.Ribeiro Does Not Care for “The Bachelor” View this post on Instagram A post shared by Alfonso Ribeiro (@therealalfonsoribeiro) Nevertheless, that is exactly what Alfonso Ribeiro, the new co-host of “Dancing With the Stars,” did during a September 24 interview with The New York Post.  The interview, which had Ribeiro sitting next to co-host Tyra Banks, started with the reporter mentioning that Gabby from “The Bachelorette” and Vinny from “Jersey Shore” are both on this season of DWTS. “I’m a big fan of both of those shows,” revealed the interviewer.  “Do you watch those shows? I’m just curious.” Ribeiro responded with an emphatic, “no.”...
    A LARGE police presence is at a grocery store after shots were reported as one woman tearfully claims that her husband was one of the victims. A Meijer store in Greenfield, Wisconsin has been blocked off as police investigate the area. 1Witnesses reported shots being fired at a Meijer grocery store in Greenfield, WisconsinCredit: Google Maps Customers who were inside the store at the time are slowly being allowed to leave. Heartbreaking video from the scene shows one woman speaking to TMJ4 News, saying that her husband was shot “To see my husband on the floor and other people on the floor,” the woman said in tears. “I don’t know what happened.” Most read in The US SunTERRY CONCERN Fans worried about health of legendary broadcaster Terry BradshawOH NO, SAVANNAH! Today's Savannah caught on hot mic as show suffers technical difficulties'INAPPROPRIATE' DWTS' Tyra Banks slammed for making 'creepy' comment to Charli D'Amelio, 18FLIX FEARS Millions of Netflix fans say they'll QUIT app as cost of living crisis bites More to follow...For the latest news on this story, keep checking back...
    AS women, we often try to infuse subtle sexy details into classy looks, whether it's for ourselves or others – and this can be increasingly difficult if you've got a big bust. Finding the right look isn't as simple as finding your clothing size on the rack. Luckily, a few fashion editors outlined the 16 outfit options they stick to as women with D-cups or larger. 7Cosmopolitan's fashion editors make 16 outfit suggestions for women with big boobsCredit: RE ONA 7Jumpsuits eliminate constant outfit adjustmentCredit: Summersalt Going through the design process of picking out an outfit each morning takes long enough, and it doesn't make it any easier if you have a larger chest. There's so much to take into consideration. It's like you're going shopping for the right relationship – but with clothes. You need the proper amount of support and an appropriate amount of flattery. It's not a lot to ask, yet it can feel impossible to find. READ MORE ON STYLEBRAVO I’ve got big boobs - the comfy & stylish bras...
    Devoted Lehigh Valley father, waterproofing company owner, and karate blackbelt Brock H. Schneck died at his home on Tuesday, Sept. 13. He was 39. Born in Allentown, Brock attended Northampton High School, where he played varsity baseball for three years before graduating in 2001, his obituary says. Brock went on to own his own waterproofing company. He had been working in the business since he was just 14 and had taken incredible pride in his work, his website says. Brock loved mountain biking, BMX, and snowboarding. He had even earned his blackbelt in karate, according to his memorial. Above all, Brock embraced his role as a caring and dedicated father to his two children, Penny and Maxwell. In addition to his children, Brock leaves behind his loving father, David L. Schneck; brothers, Brandon and Cory Schneck; wife, Amie; former wife, Melinda Schneck; as well as numerous extended family members and close friends. “Brock was one in a million, truly ‘Awesome Guy’ who was always there for you,” reads one of the dozens of tributes on Brock’s obituary. “His love of family,...
    A WINTER World Cup is going to be like nothing we've seen before on the international stage. Preparation has proved a challenge for many nations and, with the final games before the tournament begins out the way, all we can do now is wait. 9The 2022 World Cup in Qatar is rapidly approachingCredit: AFP 9A number of familiar sides are in contention to lift the Jules Rimet TrophyCredit: REUTERS England's form may have been concerning but it is a pattern repeated across a number of top nations. The struggles of some of the best ahead of Qatar could well make 2022 one of the most open World Cup's we've seen for some time. SunSport runs you through the runners and riders away from the home nations… France READ MORE WORLD CUP NEWSKITTED OUT Every World Cup kit from the England 'monstrosity' to Portugal's 'ugly' shirt They might be the holders, but France hardly arrive fighting fit for the defence of their crown. Pressure is building on Didier Deschamps after just one win from six Nations League games. Any side with...
    GOOD Morning America host Michael Strahan has posted a thirst trap selfie of himself working out. His followers went crazy over him lifting weights in tight shorts. 5Michael Strahan posted a photo of himself working out and fans are here for itCredit: Instagram 5The football player turned TV host still maintains his fitnessCredit: ABC On Tuesday, Michael posted a photo of himself to Instagram. The photo appeared to be taken by someone else as the GMA host lifted weights and showed off his muscles. He wore a blue t-shirt and tight gray shorts as he looked down at the weights. The veins in his arms were prominent as one arm was lifted up. READ MORE MICHAEL STRAHANGIANTS LEGEND Inside Michael Strahan's NFL career before becoming morning TV favoriteMIKE DROP GMA’s Michael insists he’s ‘smiling’ after being snubbed in Kelly's book Michael stood in front of a wood wall in what looked like a make-shift gym. The 50-year-old captioned the post: "Find your motivation and stay active! Health is wealth!" He has maintained his...
    AN ELEMENTARY school teacher is suing three educators and the New York City Board of Education after she claims she was sexually harassed in the classroom but bosses punished her when she complained. Michelle Francis claims she is at risk of losing her license because school bosses retaliated against her when she filed complaints against another teacher. 2Michele Francis filed a lawsuit for alleged racial discrimination in the workplace Michelle Francis was in her ninth year of teaching at PS 97 in the Bronx when she said a colleague started sexually harassing her in 2014.  “I had been at the school for a decade prior to any of my issues. And I never had a problem,” Francis said. In a lawsuit, Francis claims the man's advances escalated in the 2017-2018 academic school year, when they were assigned to co-teach second grade together. “At first, I tried turning him down nicely,” Francis said. “But then, you know, he became more and more persistent, more and more vulgar." Read more on schoolsPLAYGROUND HORROR Hundreds of kids evacuated from school over Snapchat gun...
    Former President Donald Trump repeatedly considered firing his daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner several times throughout his presidency, at one point suggesting he would do it over Twitter, according to a forthcoming book. Trump suggested he would fire the couple, who were both senior White House aides at the time, during a meeting with then-chief of staff John Kelly and then-White House counsel Don McGahn, according to the book Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America by Maggie Haberman. He then said he would just tweet that his daughter and son-in-law would be leaving the White House, prompting Kelly to intervene. “Kelly and McGahn resisted, expressing their fear that he would not back them once his daughter and son-in-law pushed back,” Haberman wrote. “Kelly stopped him [from firing via Twitter], saying Trump had to talk to them directly before doing so. Trump agreed, then never followed up with the conversation.” CONGRESSWOMAN ‘COULDN’T SHAKE’ IDEA TRUMP IMPERSONATED REPORTER IN PHONE CALL: BOOK Ivanka Trump and Kushner remained in the...
    A MIDSIZE woman has shared her body-positive swimsuit clothing haul that accentuates her curvy body and flatters her figure. The body-positive advocate shared her review of a few items from Meet Curve Swimwear and rated her favorites a ten out of ten. 4Midsize content creator Jana Jaye tries on Meet Curve swimsuits and ranks this bikini a 10/10Credit: TikTok 4Jaye says she loves the back of the black and white Meet Curve swimsuit and gives it an 8/10 hey accentuate my hourglass shape & two get a 10/10Credit: TikTok The size-inclusive clothing brand Meet Curve creates midsize and plus-size fashion and offers swimwear sizes from 8 to 26. TikTok content creator Jana Jaye shares her Meet Curve shopping haul and wows viewers with her positive review of the fashion brand's pieces. In the video, Jaye tries on four bathing suits that are supportive, tasteful, and flattering to her hourglass shape. She emphasizes at the start that the try-on is meant to represent a realistic body type for many women. READ MORE SHOPPING HAULSSWIM TWINS I'm a 2XL &...
    As September draws to a close, Hollywood is already gearing up for the awards season. This week, we take a look at a stunning new dystopian feature, a great reboot of a PI series, Zac Efron’s latest, a “Munsters” reboot, a documentary on Sidney Poitier and and a piercing comedy/drama featuring an outstanding performance from Sigourney Weaver. Here’s our roundup. “Vesper”: The post-apocalyptic genre is more prevalent and relevant today with most entries hinging on climate change and bumming us out long afterwards. While there is room and a need for that, the relentless bleakness can get a bit much. Enter the brilliantly imagined and realized “Vesper,” which unearths compassion and kindness amid a wretched ecological collapse that finds the “haves” holed up in safe environs while the “have nots” suffer in a hostile land of genetic new creations. When 13-year-old Vesper (Raffiella Chapman) finds and harbors Camelia (Rosy McEwen) who fell from the sky and is now a stranger in this strange land, others take an interest. Directors Kristina Buozyte and Bruno Samper have created a world filled with...
    "YOU can tell a lot by a name," as the saying goes, but what does a bizarre name tell people? One eccentric parent decided on a very rare name. 2A parent revealed a bizarre baby nameCredit: Getty A concerned Redditor reposted the unusual moniker with a screenshot of the future parent's commentary. "The video was about how her friend couldn’t pronounce her baby name choice and she was shocked about it," the Redditor wrote. "The friend pronounced it as 'six', but the lady in the video said it’s pronounced 'ziz-ix,'" the concerned party added. "Zzyzx," the text read. "Am I setting my kid up for a lifetime of mispronunciations? Probably." READ MORE BABY NAMESNAME SHAME I regret my daughter's name, people assume she's a boy and pronounce it wrongOH BABY I picked a name for my baby girl but now everyone says it sounds like sea witch Redditors offered up their two cents on the matter. "That's a town in California, it's pronounced Ziz-ix," one wrote. "And it's a bad name for a town let alone a human."...
    There’s no one influencers feel more comfortable confiding in these days than Alex Cooper, host of Spotify’s popular sex and relationships podcast Call Her Daddy. On the latest episode, model and Rhode Skin founder Hailey Beiber, who’s previously been reluctant to speak to the media, sat down with Cooper to address the hate she’s received online regarding her husband, Justin Bieber, and his famous ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez. Most of the hourlong sit-down focused on Hailey’s marriage to Justin, specifically the criticism they received around their engagement and rumors that she “stole” the “Peaches” singer from Gomez while they were still dating, which Hailey firmly denied. “When he and I ever started hooking up or anything of that sort, he was not ever in a relationship,” the 25-year-old said. “Ever. At any point. It’s not my character to mess with someone’s relationship. I would never do that.” Justin and former Disney Channel star Gomez—who somehow goes unnamed throughout the entire podcast episode—had a famously tumultuous on-and-off relationship that began in 2010 and reportedly ended in March 2018, the same year he...
    ‘Magic mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest one of all?’ It’s a tale as old as time: Women and girls struggling with self-image and comparing themselves to their peers. Social comparison is, after all, a fundamentally human instinct. But in a disturbing departure from the past, today’s social media technology has supercharged our natural obsession with beauty and the results are terrifying. I would know. As an older Gen Z-er, my generation was the first to grow up completely plugged into social media, and as the platforms transformed, my peers followed suit. I created my Instagram account at just 11 years old and watched social media evolve from a digital forum for innocently shared photos of beautiful sunsets and fancy meals to an arena for full-fledged social struggle. Seemingly everyone felt the need to keep up with the the digital Joneses by posting provocative and revealing photos of themselves in act of the most expensive and glamorous activities possible. Gen Z developed a dual sense of self: The real one and the digital one. And as we absorbed these...
    Getty Tobias Harris #12 of the Philadelphia 76ers. With training camp now underway, the Philadelphia 76ers are putting the finishing touches on a roster it hopes will contend for a championship. The team is loaded with star power at the top, with Joel Embiid and James Harden headlining the Sixers’ starting five. But the second unit also saw major improvement this summer with the additions of Montrezl Harrell, De’Anthony Melton, and Montrezl Harrell. Caught squarely in the middle is Tobias Harris. The Sixers forward is earning more than any of his Sixers teammates despite being the team’s fourth option on offense. His remaining $76 million is a mammoth sum that could be used to bolster other areas of the roster if only the Sixers could find a trade partner. According to one Eastern Conference executive who spoke to Sean Deveney of Heavy.com, the Sacramento Kings are a team to keep an eye on in any Harris trade talks. “I don’t think they’ve got anything active on [Harris talks], but the Kings are a team that would be a...
    For four long years, the United States was run by a “sophisticated parrot,” as campaign aides reportedly called him. Rather than asking a high-ranking general to further elucidate a concept he didn’t quite grasp, Donald Trump, the nation’s commander-in-chief, instead “shouted down the teachers.” When preparing to debate sensitive issues such as transgender rights, he inquired as to whether the subject of one hypothetical scenario was “cocked or decocked.” And while certain people believed Trump had a malign intent in many of his decisions, such as impulsively tweeting out a classified image in 2019 of an Iranian missile launch facility, others “believed he was operating with the emotional development of a 12-year-old,” playing fast-and-loose with state secrets “to get attention for himself.” “If you take out the classification that’s the sexy part,” Trump allegedly responded to horrified advisers at the time.That’s all according to Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America, an upcoming book by star New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman. Multiple news outlets have obtained excerpts of the book, among them The...