Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Feb 08, 2023 - 04:18:08
247 results - (0.003 seconds)

will probably:

latest news at page 1:
    Former President Trump sat down with Judge Jeanine Pirro for an exclusive interview that will air on Fox News’ ‘Justice with Judge Jeanine’ Saturday at 9 p.m.  In the interview, Trump says that he will probably visit the southern border over the next few weeks. Last week Trump accused Biden of causing "death and human tragedy" by undoing some of his border policies, which Biden had deemed inhumane. "We proudly handed the Biden Administration the most secure border in history," the statement reads. " All they had to do was keep this smooth-running system on autopilot.  Instead, in the span of a just few weeks, the Biden Administration has turned a national triumph into a national disaster. They are in way over their heads and taking on water fast." Republicans have been urging President Biden to visit the border to experience firsthand the overwhelmed facilities amid a border surge. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) facilities have been operating far beyond capacity amid a troubling surge in border crossers. The agency announced that...
    COOL concept plans have revealed what the first city on Mars could look like. With Nasa currently exploring the Red Planet and Elon Musk hoping to send millions of humans there, architecture studio ABIBOO has released a video of what Mars life may be like. 5The Mars city design is on the ABIBOO website and YouTubeCredit: ABIBOO / YouTube The architects have designed the city for a region on Mars called Tempe Mensa. The ABIBOO website explains: "The city of Nüwa is on the slope of one of the Martian cliffs with abundant water access, located at Tempe Mensa. "A steep terrain offers the opportunity to create a vertical city inserted into the rock, protected from radiation and meteorites while having access to indirect sunlight." It adds: "Sustainability, but especially self-sustainable development is at the core of the Nüwa design. 5The city would be built into a cliffCredit: ABIBOO / YouTube 5The designers worked with scientists to try and make realistic plansCredit: ABIBOO / YouTube "For being self-sustainable, a settlement on Mars needs to be able to obtain all resources locally. "After...
    AS one of the biggest boy bands of all time, Westlife’s reunion in 2018 had been a long time coming. A hit album penned by pal Ed Sheeran proved the catalyst to finally get the Irish four-piece back together in the studio. 11The reunited Westlife boys have a brace of huge shows at London’s Wembley Stadium in August — the first gigs at the iconic venue for two years But a sell-out comeback arena tour and number one album — their ninth in an astonishing career at the top of the charts — was cut short by Covid, leaving the band’s future unclear. As Nicky Byrne quips: “Suddenly I was an unemployed pop star. It wasn’t quite as we’d planned it.” Now the boyband are back for a second time, with a major new album deal with record giant Warner Music. They also have a brace of huge shows at London’s Wembley Stadium in August — the first gigs at the iconic venue for two years — which promise to reignite live pop after the lockdown drought. 11The band, pictured...
    President Biden has waded deeper into the political quagmire threatening Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo's hold on power in New York. In his public comments before Tuesday, Biden had sought to balance his support of the women alleging Cuomo had acted inappropriately toward them with the governor's right to due process. But in a new interview, Biden said if the investigation into Cuomo's behavior verified the women's claims, the governor should resign. FOUR BUZZWORDS BIDEN ADMINISTRATION OFFICIALS USE TO SIGNAL THE LEFT "Yes," Biden told ABC. "I think he'll probably end up being prosecuted, too." New York Attorney General Letitia James is looking into the accusations of seven women, many of them former Cuomo aides. Their complaints range from forcible kissing to lewd comments. James's investigation is being conducted at the same time as the New York state Assembly's "impeachment inquiry" into the matter. The impeachment proceedings were initiated by Speaker Carl Heastie, a Democrat. Cuomo has denied the allegations while apologizing for making the women feel uncomfortable. He's also resisted calls for him to step down, including from Senate...
    What the Rest of America Can Learn From My Experience Being Black in Trumpland Sarah Everard vigil: Crowd shouts Shame on you at London police © Getty Images Warren Buffett: People Who Ignore These 13 Words Will Probably Make Bad Decisions © Getty Images Squawk Box Just your typical Berkshire shareholder letter that quotes a 19th century French philosopher. Load Error Recently, I came across a short quote from one of Warren Buffett's old shareholder letters, as part of the process of updating my free ebook, Warren Buffett Predicts the Future, which you can download here. It's stuck with me ever since, and what's funny is that the 13-word quote isn't even Buffett's; instead, he's sharing the advice of a 19th century French philosopher. Don't let that drive you away however. There's nothing academic or anachronistic about it. In fact, all these years later, it's one of the more universal and apt things I've come across. It comes up in the 1985 Berkshire Hathaway shareholder letter, dated March 4, 1986, in which Buffett explained his...
    Washington (CNN)Last weekend, a prominent Republican senator, Ted Cruz of Texas, and the second-ranking Democratic senator, Dick Durbin of Illinois, had an argument on the Senate floor about whether undocumented immigrants are eligible to receive checks from the pandemic relief bill President Joe Biden signed on Thursday, the American Rescue Plan Act.Cruz said "every illegal alien in America" would get a $1,400 check. Durbin responded that Cruz's statement is "just plain false," because, he said, "undocumented immigrants do not have Social Security numbers, and they do not qualify for stimulus relief checks, period." They were both wrong. Facts First: Cruz was inaccurate when he said "every" undocumented immigrant will get a $1,400 relief check; it is clear that most undocumented immigrants will not. Durbin was inaccurate when he categorically said undocumented immigrants do not have Social Security numbers and do not qualify for checks "period." A minority of undocumented people, such as those who came to the US on work visas that later expired, do have Social Security numbers; those numbers do not expire. The new law, like relief legislation...
    It’s been almost exactly a year since Broadway went dark due to the coronavirus pandemic — but now there’s light on the horizon of the Great White Way. Broadway insiders are finally looking toward re-opening after months of delayed optimism. But it’ll still be a while before you can see them once again, said Charlotte St. Martin, President of The Broadway League. St. Martin told NBC New York that productions are expected to hit stages with audiences and all by the fall. This comes after some had hoped for a re-opening early this year. “At this point we’re thinking early fall, perhaps early September. That’s the way things are pointing,” she said. She expects that some of Broadway’s long-running favorites will be the first to re-open — think “The Lion King,” “The Phantom of the Opera” and “Wicked” — because the cast of those shows “has muscle memory,” St. Martin said. As for what that re-opening will look like — maybe don’t expect the same experience you enjoyed a year ago, pre-COVID-19. Masks will probably still...
    Nearly half of white evangelical Christians and a third of black protestants in the US say they definitely or probably will not get a COVID-19 vaccine, according to a new survey.  On the other hand, more than 70 percent of Catholics and people who do not affiliate with an organized religion say they've had or will get a shot, the latest Pew Research survey shows.   Vaccine acceptance is up across the board in just the past three months, with 69 percent of Americans saying they probably or definitely would get a COVID-19 vaccine, compared to 60 percent in January.  But the data quantifies an issue long-observed by public health officials: Many Americans with deeply held religious beliefs fear that vaccines somehow go against  the tenets of their faiths.  Nearly half of white evangelical Christians and a third of black protestants in the US say they definitely or probably will not get a COVID-19 vaccine, according to a new survey  By race, black people  in the US are  most likely to say they would not get a COVID-19 vaccine,...
    New Yorkers can look forward to a preview of spring in the middle of this week — but experts say not to put your winter coat away just yet. Temperatures are expected to reach the 60s everyday from Tuesday through Friday, forecasters predict. “Tuesday is when we’ll probably hit the 60 degree mark, and I think we’re going to be there for about three or four days,” Accuweather senior meteorologist Bill Degert told the Post. “To see the last time we were in the 60s, you have to go back to Christmas Day… so it’s been a long time coming.” After a colder-than-average weekend, the weather will begin to turn the corner on Monday, before the mercury rises sharply on Tuesday and warm, sunny conditions thaw out the city, according to the Accuweather forecast. “Wednesday and Thursday are probably tied for the best days. Tuesday, we get up to 60 so we’re just getting up to pace with the warmup, but by Wednesday and Thursday it’s probably low to mid 60s,” Degert said. After a colder-than-average weekend, the weather will...
    CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta predicted Friday that the United States will “probably” reach a point in the spring and summer where transmission rates of the coronavirus go so low that we reach a point of “functional herd immunity.” Gupta joined hosts Alisyn Camerota and John Berman on “New Day” and began by responding to a question from a viewer asking if it was safe to resume everyday activities once someone has had the coronavirus vaccine. (RELATED: MSNBC Contributor Says It’s Going To ‘Get Old’ For Biden Administration To Keep Blaming Pandemic On Trump) Gupta responded by explaining that if you’ve had the vaccine, then “you should feel very confident that you’re not going to get sick.” He said that “you could still be a carrier” but that data will “hopefully” show over the next few months that the likelihood someone would be carrying the virus after having the vaccine will be low. He went on to say that people can continue their activities as long as they follow the guidelines in place to continue physical distancing and wearing...
    The Minnesota Vikings will need to make some moves to get under the salary cap and will likely wave goodbye to this 10-year veteran. The Minnesota Vikings are paid Kirk Cousins an incredible amount of money to lead them to another mediocre 7-9 season. With NFL free agency and the draft on the horizon, Minnesota will need to figure out how to correct their misfortunes, and priority number one will be getting under the salary cap. A few veterans’ contracts will undoubtedly be explored and a few are likely to be cut or moved in other ways. At 31 years old, Kyle Rudolph is the longest-tenured player on the Vikings roster. A second-round 2011 draft pick, the veteran tight end is fifth all-time at the position in touchdown catches with 47, and the leader in Vikings history. Now, it looks like it may be time for another chapter in Rudolph’s career, likely with a new team. Vikings are likely to part ways with veteran Kyle RudolphThe 2020 season was one of the worst of Rudolph’s 10-year as a Vikings player. He played...
    Representative Adriano Espaillat (D-NY) on Thursday said he is “not comfortable” with the Democrats’ proposed $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package that includes money for transit projects, illegal immigrants, and other items not related to the virus. Espaillat conceded on “CNN Newsroom” that any bill that is $1.9 trillion will have “one line that will probably be somewhat embarrassing.” He acknowledged the country is “hurting,” and money directed at helping combat the coronavirus pandemic “would get us back on the right track.” “I’m saying that in any bill that has $1.9 trillion, there will be one line that will probably be somewhat embarrassing, right,” Espaillat stated. “You’re saying it’s embarrassing, and that’s $101.5 million of taxpayer money, and I’m just saying — are you comfortable with it?” host Poppy Harlow asked. “The answer [is] no, I’m not comfortable,” Espaillat replied. “I’m never comfortable with it. But I tell you what I’m comfortable with — I’m comfortable with the fact that the past initiatives came from the Senate, and we had to adjust to them. This is the first time we have...
    (CNN)President Joe Biden said Tuesday the White House will "probably" move to send face masks directly to Americans as the country continues to grapple with the coronavirus pandemic. It's a plan originally proposed by health officials during the Trump administration but was blocked by the former President."We're probably going to be sending out an awful lot of masks around the country very shortly, millions of them," Biden said during a roundtable event with Black frontline workers. He said that the issue of masks was turned into a political issue, which cost "an awful lot of lives.""We could have saved literally an awful lot of lives if people had listened. We turned wearing masks into a political statement. If you were for this thing, you wore it, if we were for somebody else, you didn't wear it, when in fact, it's just plain basic science," Biden said.The White House did not immediately respond to a CNN request for additional details.Studies have shown, and Dr. Anthony Fauci has pointed out many times, masks are the single most effective way to protect yourself...
    RUMOURS about the iPhone 13 are already spreading ahead of its expected launch later this year. Apple is predicted to release four slightly different devices in its iPhone 13 Series, building upon the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 and the two Pro variations. 4Lets Go Digital has released these iPhone 13 Pro rendersCredit: nl.letsgodigital.org Tech experts at Let's Go Digital have taken the rumours one step further and used them to create renders of what the iPhone 13 Pro may look like. The design looks pretty similar to the iPhone 12 Pro, except it has a slightly different camera style and a few design differences. Straight edges and flat sides are still featured in the proposed new model just like on the iPhone 12. However, Let's Go Digital suggests the iPhone 13 Pro will have no lightning port hole and therefore only be compatible with wireless charging. 4Purple is suggested as a new potential iPhone colourCredit: nl.letsgodigital.org 4A red design has also been createdCredit: nl.letsgodigital.org Graphic designer Technizo Concept is the genius behind the very convincing renders and an accompanying YouTube...
    Sonos has long been rumored to be developing a premium set of noise-canceling headphones to join the company’s ecosystem of speakers and multiroom audio products. A new design patent filing at the German Patent and Trademark Office seems to provide a glimpse at a farther-along, more refined product than what we saw from the US Patent and Trademark Office in September. These latest filings were registered in December and published in late January. One notable difference is that the Sonos wordmark is visible on this design; it wasn’t present on the previous filing. (That said, it’s in broken lines, which doesn’t count for much in a design patent and signifies that placement could change.) Another evolution is that the rods coming out of the headband now go straight down into the ear cups; there’s no additional part that wraps around the back of each ear cup as we saw before. Again, these are broken lines, but the solid lines also show an evolution from the design we saw before. There are obvious tweaks to the outer ear cup shape....
    VIDEO1:3301:33Investor Paul Meeks: Brace for a 'full-fledged assault' against social mediaTrading Nation Investor Paul Meeks won't invest in social media stocks right now, he told CNBC on Monday. Meeks, who's known for running the world's largest tech fund during the dot-com bubble, predicted regulators will target the group this year — with Facebook and Twitter bearing the brunt. "The interesting thing about this full-fledged assault on the social media companies, particularly the major platforms, is that it's a bipartisan concern," the portfolio manager at Independent Solutions Wealth Management said on "Trading Nation." Social media has been under fire due to the amount of false and misleading information going public. Under the current law, platforms cannot be held legally responsible for what their users write. "They'll face probably an unraveling of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996, which is way overdue," Meeks said. "[It's] legislation that's decades old, when we were at the very early stages of the internet, and totally inappropriate today." The crackdown's cost to companies will be dramatic, according to Meeks. "They'll now probably have to spend a...
    US coronavirus:Vvaccine progress made on several fronts, and experts are encouraged House clears way for massive coronavirus stimulus plan Best & Worst Refinance Mortgage Companies of 2021 Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/5 SLIDES © Provided by Best Life The One Reason Rupert Grint Will Finally Watch the 'Harry Potter' Movies Fans around the world have seen the Harry Potter movies time and time again—especially since there always seems to be a marathon on TV. But the actor behind one of the main characters has never seen the films in their entirety. Yes, Rupert Grint just admitted he hasn't watched all of the Harry Potter movies. "I've probably seen the first three at the premieres, but after that I stopped watching them," Grint told Variety in a new interview. That said, he has a new reason to finish watching them one day. "Now that I have a daughter, I will probably have to watch them with her," he said. Still, that will be a long time from now...
    NBA : 2021-01-20T16: 25: 07 + 00: 00 2021-01-20T16: 25: 07 + 00: 00 2021-01-20T16: 26: 33 + 00: 00. Antonis Stroggylakis 20/Jan/21 16:25 Eurohoops.net Antonis Stroggylakis Spanoulis will be 39 years old next May. By Eurohoops team / info@eurohoops.net Vassilis Spanoulis admitted that the time to hang his shoes after an enormously decorated career will likely come “soon.” “Of course, I’ve thought about it. I’m 38 and I’m on my way to 39, it will probably be soon, Spanoulis said in an interview for France 24. “What I will do, I don’t know yet. I would like to continue doing something. thing related to basketball,” Spanoulis added regarding his life after playing. The Greek guard’s contract with Olympiacos expires at the end of the current season. Spanoulis, a three-time EuroLeague champion and Final Four MVP with Panathinaikos (2009) and Olympiacos (2012, 2013) plus season MVP in 2013 will be 39 years old next May. Over a career that began...
    Tens of thousands of Australians also remain stranded abroad. Those who return must pay around 3,000 Australian dollars (1,900 euros) for their 14 days of hotel quarantine. LAustralia is not expected to reopen its borders to foreign travelers in 2021, despite vaccination campaigns that will progress around the world, a senior Australian health official said on Monday. Secretary in the Department of Health, Brendan Murphy is a key government advisor. He ruled that in 2021 we should not hope for the return of fluid traffic at the borders. “I think we will still have significant border restrictions for most of the year,” he told ABC. “Even though a large part of the population is vaccinated, we don’t know if this will prevent transmission of the virus. “And it is likely that the quarantine measures will remain for some time. “ As a result of these restrictions, tens of thousands of Australians remain stranded abroad. Those who return must pay around 3,000 Australian dollars (1,900 euros) for their 14 days of hotel quarantine. Australia, which...
    TAMPA (CBSMiami) – While a majority of Americans say they will probably get a COVID-19 vaccination, many remain concerned about the safety of recently approved vaccines, according to a nationwide survey conducted by the University of South Florida. According to the survey’s findings, more than a third (38 percent) said that they “will definitely get vaccinated” in the coming months. More than half (59 percent) said they would either “definitely” or “probably get vaccinated”, while roughly a quarter (23 percent) said they will “probably not” or “definitely not get vaccinated.” More than a quarter (29 percent) of those questioned said that they are either “not very confident” or “not at all confident” that the recently approved vaccines are effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Roughly one-third of respondents (33 percent) said that they are either “not very confident” or “not at all confident” that the recently approved vaccines are safe. The survey noted there were some minor differences across demographic groups. Sixty-four percent of male respondents said they “probably” or “definitely get vaccinated” compared to 53 percent of women....
    During an interview aired on Thursday’s broadcast of CBS’ “Late Show,” incoming Senate Budget Committee Chairman Bernie Sanders (I-VT) stated that Congress will likely have to tackle long-term issues like climate change and guaranteeing health care for all in the second budget reconciliation package. Sanders said, “My first priority is to work on a comprehensive reconciliation bill…and I’m going to make that reconciliation bill as bold and aggressive as I possibly can. We face more crises today than any time in the modern history of this country. It’s not just the terrible pandemic, which has claimed almost 400,000 lives. It is massive unemployment, millions of people unable to feed their kids, people who are being evicted, people who can’t afford to go to the doctor because they have no health care. So, what we have got to do is respond to the pain that the American people are feeling, which is enormous right now. People are losing faith in government. We have to restore that faith by saying, you know what? We hear your pain, and we’re going to respond...
    TAMPA (CBSMiami) – While a majority of Americans say they will probably get a COVID-19 vaccination, many remain concerned about the safety of recently approved vaccines, according to a nationwide survey conducted by the University of South Florida. According to the survey’s findings, more than a third (38 percent) said that they “will definitely get vaccinated” in the coming months. More than half (59 percent) said they would either “definitely” or “probably get vaccinated”, while roughly a quarter (23 percent) said they will “probably not” or “definitely not get vaccinated.” More than a quarter (29 percent) of those questioned said that they are either “not very confident” or “not at all confident” that the recently approved vaccines are effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Roughly one-third of respondents (33 percent) said that they are either “not very confident” or “not at all confident” that the recently approved vaccines are safe. The survey noted there were some minor differences across demographic groups. Sixty-four percent of male respondents said they “probably” or “definitely get vaccinated” compared to 53 percent of women....
    TAMPA (CBSMiami) – While a majority of Americans say they will probably get a COVID-19 vaccination, many remain concerned about the safety of recently approved vaccines, according to a nationwide survey conducted by the University of South Florida. According to the survey’s findings, more than a third (38 percent) said that they “will definitely get vaccinated” in the coming months. More than half (59 percent) said they would either “definitely” or “probably get vaccinated”, while roughly a quarter (23 percent) said they will “probably not” or “definitely not get vaccinated.” More than a quarter (29 percent) of those questioned said that they are either “not very confident” or “not at all confident” that the recently approved vaccines are effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Roughly one-third of respondents (33 percent) said that they are either “not very confident” or “not at all confident” that the recently approved vaccines are safe. The survey noted there were some minor differences across demographic groups. Sixty-four percent of male respondents said they “probably” or “definitely get vaccinated” compared to 53 percent of...
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their step back in January 2020. Karwai Tang/WireImage/Getty Images The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their plan to step back from royal life on January 8, 2020.  The couple pursued financial independence in the year that followed, obtaining major deals with Netflix and Spotify. However, they never intended to fully step back. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle originally planned to continue royal duties without public funding, but were later told this wouldn't be possible.  Although the couple stopped using HRH titles and became nonworking royals, they're still held to the same standard as senior working royals, and were criticized for their commercial deals and for encouraging Americans to vote. As long as Harry remains the son and brother of two future kings, the couple will always have a certain responsibility toward the monarchy. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. It's been one year since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their plans to step back from royal life via Instagram on January 8, 2020. The couple have since...
    Opinion: The vaccines are the best news we can hope for Singapore jails woman for lying to coronavirus contact tracers One year since Meghan Markle and Prince Harrys step back, they havent escaped the monarchy - and probably never will © Karwai Tang/WireImage/Getty Images The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their step back in January 2020. Karwai Tang/WireImage/Getty Images The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their plan to step back from royal life on January 8, 2020.  The couple pursued financial independence in the year that followed, obtaining major deals with Netflix and Spotify. However, they never intended to fully step back. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle originally planned to continue royal duties without public funding, but were later told this wouldn't be possible.  Although the couple stopped using HRH titles and became nonworking royals, they're still held to the same standard as senior working royals, and were criticized for their commercial deals and for encouraging Americans to vote. As long as Harry remains the son and brother of two future kings, the couple will always...
    DANA WHITE said the winner between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier will 'probably' be next in line for the UFC lightweight title. The pair headline UFC 257 on January 23 with the pay-per-view event taking to Fight Island in Abu Dhabi. 3Conor McGregor makes his UFC return against Dustin Poirier Credit: Instagram @thenotoriousmma 3Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor headline UFC 257 on Fight Island Credit: Instagram @dustinpoirier BETTING OFFER: CLAIM RISK FREE £20 BET WITH PADDY POWER But they do so with the 155lb division up in the air, as champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is retired but still holding the belt. UFC president White all-but confirmed McGregor, 32, or Poirier, 31, will challenge for the strap should they come out victorious in the Middle East. He said in a fan Q&A: “Yeah, whoever wins that fight is probably next in line." Nurmagomedov, 32, announced his shock retirement in October after beating Justin Gaethje, 31, at UFC 254. It followed after his first fight since the loss of his influential father Abdulmanap, who passed away aged...
    Donald Trump has not yet had the coronavirus vaccine due to a 'medical reason', the U.S. Surgeon General has said, after questions were raised as to why he had not taken the lead in vaccinations. Jerome Adams and Mike Pence, the vice president, were vaccinated live on television on Friday, in a bid to reassure the public that the vaccine was safe. Trump was notable in his absence, but on Sunday Adams said there was a good reason for him not to be vaccinated yet. 'From a scientific point of view, I will remind people that the president has had COVID within the last 90 days,' Adams told CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday. Jerome Adams, the surgeon general, appeared on CBS' Face The Nation on Sunday Adams was vaccinated on live television on Friday, alongside Mike Pence and his wife Karen Adams said that there may well be a medical reason why the president has not yet got the jab RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next AOC wears two masks to get...
    Houston voter fraud vigilante suspect has Covid-19, his lawyer says Congress struggles to finish stimulus details Chris Pine Will Probably Roll the Dice on New ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ Movie Chris Pine may have just beamed up to his next project and, nope, it’s not a fourth Star Trek adventure. The actor, who’ll next be seen Christmas Day reprising his role as Steve Trevor opposite Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman 1984, is reportedly negotiating with Paramount and eOne to star in Dungeons and Dragons, a new big-screen adaptation of the long-running, long-popular fantasy role-playing game. © Provided by Fatherly According to the industry trade paper Variety, Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley are writing the screenplay and will direct the film. The two previously teamed up for Game Night. Hopefully, this version of Dungeons and Dragons will help erase any memories of the ill-fated 2000 adaptation that starred Justin Whalin, Marlon Wayans, Thora Birch, Jeremy Irons, and Rocky Horror icon, Richard O’Brien. If it all works out, Pine will begin work on Dungeons and Dragons after he wraps production on...
    DEERFIELD, Ill. (CBS) — Without a bubble, this NBA season could be tricky. The Bulls will be shorthanded for their first preseason road game on Wednesday. Six players were left behind for the matchup against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Denzel Valentine and Thad Young have injuries, but the Bulls have also had two confirmed cases of COVID-19. Garrett Temple is still self-quarantining, and Noah Vonaleh has been waived. But three more players were scratched from the Bulls game on Sunday. Contact tracing will be critical in keeping the team safe. “You’ve got to be able to, you know, deal with the uncertainty. You’ve got to deal with the confusion,” said Bulls Head Coach Billy Donovan. “We’re just trying to take all the guidelines that have been given to us, but you’re going to probably – once you start traveling an start, you know, getting out and going to different places – you probably open yourself up to being a little bit more susceptible. We have to take the necessary steps to try to keep ourselves and all of us safe.”...
    More On: COVID vaccine Fauci says Biden, Harris and Trump should get COVID vaccine ASAP As vaccines roll out, doubters rush to take credit Some states to begin vaccinations at nursing homes this week These selfless medical workers pulled New Yorkers through horrors of COVID-19 Seven out of 10 Americans say they will “definitely or probably” get a COVID-19 vaccine, a new survey has found. The new statistic — 71 percent — is a considerable jump from September, when 63 percent said they’d get the jab, according to a poll Tuesday from the Kaiser Family Foundation. The nonprofit health research organization surveyed 1,676 adults amid fears from experts that not enough Americans trust the coronavirus vaccine. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, has said that around 75 to 80 percent of the population would need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity. Twenty-seven percent of those recently surveyed said they would “definitely or probably” not get vaccinated. “This group is disproportionately made up of Republicans and of people with no more than a high-school level education,”...
    President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani arrive for an appearance before the Michigan House Oversight Committee on December 2, 2020 in Lansing, Michigan. Rey Del Rio/Getty Images Let our journalists help you make sense of the noise: Subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter and get a recap of news that matters.It may seem fitting that 2020 is ending with a parade of lawyers filing conspiracy-theory-laden, error-riddled, and legally unsound lawsuits in an effort to overturn the results of November’s election. With a vanishing chance of success, the antics are even funny, easy fodder for Saturday Night Live. But like so many other episodes of the Trump era, we may be witnessing another democratic institution wither in the face of anti-democratic pressure. If filing dozens of frivolous lawsuits to overturn an election doesn’t lead to professional consequences, then what’s to stop it from happening again? Thus far, courts have unceremoniously rebuffed Republicans’ fraud allegations, seeing through their failure to prove ballot-box-stuffing, voting machine manipulation, and various other accusations. “Allegations that find favor in the public sphere of gossip and...
    College football Week 15: Picks and preview This Popular Heater Is Being Recalled Over Fire Risk Your Next Car Will Probably Be an Electric Pickup Truck (Bloomberg) -- A suggestion for auto advertisers: Nix the hard hats. Load Error Tone down the falling lumber, avalanches of boulders and slow-motion suspension sag as a super-sized truck bed swallows all that dreck. Cowboy cosplay never gets old and certainly sells some trucks, but we just don’t work that tough—at least not the majority of the 2.5 million Americans who bought a pickup truck last year. The rig has largely taken the place of the minivan, the sedan and pretty much everything in between. It’s even hauling off a hunk of the SUV market. So when it comes to the parade of electric pickup trucks finally heading to dealerships and directly to customers—at least a dozen are in the works—auto executives finally have an easy answer to the industry’s perennial question: Who’s going to buy this thing? Simply put: most everyone who drives. “We’re seeing customers come out of just about everything,” says RJ...