Thursday, Sep 29, 2022 - 09:18:48
281 results - (0.002 seconds)

harassment against:

latest news at page 1:
    A sexual harassment lawsuit filed by former Fox News host Britt McHenry against the company and one of her co-hosts was voluntarily dismissed by the parties involved this week.  The suit, filed in late 2019, accused George "Tyrus" Murdoch of sexual harassment, according to USA Today, which cited documents filed in New York district court on Monday.  "I am very proud to have to stood up for my rights and hope that I have empowered other women to do the same," McHenry said in a statement to the outlet. "Although I fully stand by the truth of my allegations, I am pleased to put this matter behind me and move forward with my career." Fox News said it also was pleased to see the suit dismissed.  “While FOX News is confident it would have prevailed in the lawsuit, we are pleased that we have been able to resolve this matter without further litigation," the company said in a statement to The Hill on Tuesday.  McHenry hosted the show "UN-PC" on the Fox Nation streaming service with Murdoch from December 2018 to February 2019. Murdoch is now a...
    Britt McHenry has settled her lawsuit against Fox News, in which she alleged she was sexually harassed by former Fox Nation co-host Tyrus and was then frozen out by the network after she complained. McHenry voluntarily dismissed the suit she filed against Fox News in December 2019, which had sought unspecified damages. Two sources familiar with the case told The Daily Beast that McHenry settled the lawsuit on Monday, likely after an undisclosed cash payment and a nondisclosure agreement.  It is believed she will now leave the network and Fox Nation, the network's online streaming service, but will continue working as an on-air analyst for Fox 5, the station's Washington D.C. affiliate, the Beast reported. In her lawsuit, filed in New York district court, the 35-year-old claimed she 'suffered humiliation, emotional anguish, derailment of her career and significant loss of economic opportunities' after she raised concerns about Tyrus, a former WWE wrestler whose real name is George Murdoch.  McHenry had alleged that for months in 2018 Tyrus sent her sexually explicit text messages as they both worked on their show Un-PC. She...
    New York (CNN Business)Britt McHenry's sexual harassment lawsuit against Fox News and one of the network's on-air personalities, George "Tyrus" Murdoch, has been voluntarily dismissed by the parties involved. "While FOX News is confident it would have prevailed in the lawsuit, we are pleased that we have been able to resolve this matter without further litigation," Fox News Media said in a statement on Monday."Tyrus is pleased that the parties have reached a settlement in which the claims against him will be dismissed with prejudice," said Tom Clare, Murdoch's attorney. "Tyrus continues to dispute and deny the allegations made against him in the lawsuit and, consistent with that view, will not be making any financial payments."McHenry filed the lawsuit in 2019, alleging the company retaliated against her after she accused Murdoch of sexual harassment. McHenry and Murdoch were co-hosts on Fox News' streaming service, Fox Nation. McHenry alleged Murdoch sent sexually suggestive text messages and sexually harassed her in person. The lawsuit said McHenry "received far fewer professional opportunities" after she reported Murdoch's conduct. At the time, Fox News defended...
    BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Berkeley High School teacher is no longer with the school district after officials concluded in a written decision there was sufficient evidence to substantiate claims he was inappropriate with current and former students. A former student has now filed a civil lawsuit against the school district and teacher Matthew Bissell.In a yearbook photo, Bissell has his arms around former Berkeley High School student Rachel Phillips, who was voted most likely to date a teacher."We were going to just stand over there to take the photo and he grabbed me from behind and he licked my ear and he bit it and that's about when that photo was taken," Phillips told the ABC7 News I-Team."I was voted most likely to date a teacher because of my relationship with Matthew Bissell which was nothing more than daily sexual harassment," she said.Phillips, now 36, tells the I-Team Bissell was inappropriate with her from 1999-2003.RELATED: SJ special education teacher appears shirtless during virtual class, teen who snapped photos speaks outPhillips was on the volleyball team and says Bissill was...
    MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (CBS) — Hundreds of protesters gathered outside a South Jersey townhome Monday afternoon. They gathered outside 45-year-old Edward Cagney Mathews’ home in Mount Laurel after video of his racist rant against his neighbor went viral. Late Monday evening, police took the man into custody. READ MORE: 16-Year-Old Boy Fighting For Life After Being Shot In Head In North Philadelphia, Police Say Protesters were angry that Mathews, seen in videos using racial slurs, was charged with harassment, but then allowed to return home. New charges have emerged Monday evening as Mathews was taken into custody in dramatic fashion. According to neighbors, the harassment went even beyond the use of racial slurs. One woman said Mathews kicked down her door and vandalized her vehicle. It was a dramatic home removal for a man who many claim has been harassing neighbors outside of his Mount Laurel home for years. Police were called to Mathews’ home Friday shortly after a disturbing video went viral where police say Mathews was “shouting offensive and racial slurs” at a neighbor. “This is not...
    White House press secretary Jen Psaki dodged questions Thursday about the new sexual harassment allegations raised against Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, the same day Cuomo is set to take part in a meeting with President Joe Biden and the remainder of the nation’s governors. Lindsey Boylan, a former staffer in Cuomo’s office, accused the governor Wednesday of kissing her without consent during a one-on-one briefing and making other sexually suggestive comments. Cuomo’s office called the allegations “quite simply false” in a statement. (RELATED: Tara Reade, Rose McGowan Believe Cuomo Accuser Lindsey Boylan) New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during a press conference before the opening of a mass Covid-19 vaccination site in the Queens borough of New York, on February 24, 2021. – The site run by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), along with another in Brooklyn, gives priority to local residents in an effort to equitably distribute the vaccine. (Photo by SETH WENIG/POOL/AFP via Getty Images) “The president has been consistent in his position: when a person comes forward, they deserve to be treated with dignity...
    In the wake of a series of sexual harassment claims and a subsequent internal review, the New York Mets have reportedly plan to let go of two high-ranking officials on Monday: general counsel David Cohen and senior vice president of human resources and diversity Holly Lindvall. First-year owner Steve Cohen (no relation to David) announced the moves in an internal email, acquired by the New York Post, which explained that Lindvall and Cohen would be let go following a transition period. The moves come as a result of an internal review by the law firm WilmerHale into the team's culture. Team spokespeople did not immediately respond to DailyMail.com's request for comment. In the wake of a series of sexual harassment claims and a subsequent internal review, the New York Mets have announced plans to let go of two high-ranking officials on Monday: general counsel David Cohen and senior vice president of human resources and diversity Holly Lindvall. First-year owner Steve Cohen (no relation to David) announced the moves in an internal email, acquired by the New York Post ,...
    The Associated Press’ recent firing of a young reporter for what she said on Twitter has somewhat unexpectedly turned company and industry attention to the flip side of social media engagement — the online abuse that many journalists face routinely. During internal meetings after the Arizona-based reporter, Emily Wilder, was let go, several journalists expressed concern over whether the AP would have the backs of employees under attack from the outside. “The Emily Wilder situation triggered this for many people on the staff,” Jenna Fryer, an AP sportswriter who spoke at one of the meetings, said in a subsequent interview.
    The New York Attorney General's Office is probing whether Governor Andrew Cuomo and his aides committed a crime by retaliating against women who accused him of sexual harassment, according to a report. Sources told the Washington Post investigators are looking into the possibility the governor and his inner circle broke state laws that make it illegal to retaliate against alleged victims of sexual harassment.  Officials are said to be especially interested in the controversial release of the personnel file of his first accuser, Lindsey Boylan, to the media which branded her a bully. Boylan claims the release was part of a smear campaign to discredit her allegations against the governor.   During the early days of the pandemic, Cuomo was lauded for his handling of the crisis in the virus epicenter of the world, with his daily press briefings even earning him an Emmy. But, the governor's reputation has unraveled in recent months as nine women have now come forward to accuse him of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior. Cuomo has repeatedly denied the allegations saying he 'never touched anyone inappropriately' and...
    Two more men were arrested and charged with hate crimes Wednesday for being part of an anti-Semitic tirade against Jewish victims in Brooklyn last weekend, cops said. Ashan Azad, 19, and Haider Anjam, 20, both face charges of harassment and aggravated harassment as a hate crime, cops said. Anjam is also facing a charge of menacing as a hate crime. One day earlier, Danial Shaukat was arrested and charged with aggravated harassment as a hate crime in connection with the incident. Haider Anjam, one of the hate crime suspects, leaving the police precinct in Brooklyn on May 26, 2021.Paul Martinka The three men are accused of harassing Jewish men at Agudath Israel of Sixteenth Avenue around 7 p.m. on Saturday, cops said. The three were in a blue Toyota Camry when they allegedly began yelling anti-Jewish statements at four male victims who were dressed in traditional garb in front of the location.  The other suspect Ashan Azad getting led out of the precinct on May 26, 2021.Paul Martinka The four victims went inside the synagogue and locked the...
    OAKLAND — Oakland tenants in four different apartment buildings are trying to put a stop to what they say has been an ongoing campaign of harassment and legal violations from their corporate landlord, filing five lawsuits this week against the property owner. The tenants say Mosser Companies, a property company that owns buildings in the Bay Area and Los Angeles, has shut off their utilities, created unsafe living conditions, slapped them with illegal fines and fees, and harassed them in an effort to get them to leave their rent-controlled units. Just like companies charged with creating hostile work environments, Mosser has created “hostile living conditions,” said Ethan Silverstein, an attorney with the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment, who filed the lawsuit on behalf of the tenants. “Now, we are asking the courts to put a stop to it.” The Mosser Companies did not respond to a request for comment on the allegations in the lawsuits. The tenants say the company drove up rents by charging utility fees even for units that did not have individual meters and thus no...
    BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two more men are under arrest and charged in connection to back-to-back attacks against Jewish victims in Brooklyn last weekend.One day after the first arrest in the case, 19-year-old Ashan Azad and 20-year-old Haider A. Anjam were arrested Wednesday afternoon.They are both facing charges of harassment, aggravated harassment as a hate crime and Anjam is facing an additional charge of menacing as a hate crime.Danial Shaukat was previously arrested Tuesday on a charge of aggravated harassment as a hate crime.The NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force was investigating both incidents.The first incident took place in front of Agudath Israel Synagogue in Borough Park around 7 p.m. Saturday.Police say the suspects parked outside the synagogue yelled anti-Jewish statements.They allegedly yelled "Free Palestine! Kill all Jews!" at four male victims standing outside the location.Two of the suspects got out of their vehicle and started banging on the synagogue's front door.They were unable to get inside.On the way back to their vehicle, police say they kicked and destroyed the side mirror of a car parked nearby.Not too long after, around 7:45...
    A restraining order has been filed against Bam Margera by Jackass producer Jeff Tremaine.  Tremaine has accused Margera of harassment in a restraining order filed by the film director on Tuesday, according to The Blast. This comes three months after Margera was reportedly fired from Jackass 4 because he could not abide by conditions set forth by producers relating to his addiction issues. A restraining order has been filed against Bam Margera by Jackass producer Jeff Tremaine
    A spate of violent attacks on visibly Jewish people in New York City has prompted the governor of New York to issue a statement condemning the attacks. “I unequivocally condemn these brutal attacks on visibly Jewish New Yorkers and we will not tolerate antisemitic violent gang harassment and intimidation,” Governor Andrew Cuomo wrote on Twitter. “Those of all faiths, backgrounds and ethnicities must be able to walk the streets safely and free from harassment and violence,” he added. Dueling protests Several videos of Jewish people being attacked emerged on social media after pro-Israel and pro-Palestinian groups held dueling protests in the city. At least one Jewish man was taken to the hospital following what police called a “gang assault.” His injuries were not believed to be serious. Twenty-six were reportedly arrested in the violence, according to ABC News. The violence came as Israel and Hamas militants announced a cease-fire in their 11-day conflict. “Justice needs to be done and I am directing the New York State Police Hate Crimes Task Force to offer their assistance in the investigation of these attacks,”...
    Bill Gates asked two women who worked at Microsoft and his philanthropic foundation out on dates while still married to Melinda, and mishandled a sexual harassment case against one of his top financial investors, a new report claims. The Gates, one of the world's richest couples with a fortune of $130billion, announced this month they were getting divorced, with Melinda saying the marriage is 'irretrievably broken' in divorce filings. The New York Times reported that Gates, 64, asked out a Microsoft employee in 2006 after watching her make a presentation.     'If this makes you uncomfortable, pretend it never happened,' Gates emailed the employee, according to the Times. The woman took his advice and pretended it never happened. A couple of years later, Gates asked out an employee with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The pair were in New York for a work trip, when he told her: 'I want to see you. Will you have dinner with me?' The woman told the Times the approach made her feel uncomfortable, but she laughed it off. The report said there was no expectation that...
    ANAHEIM (CBSLA) — A federal grand jury returned an indictment this week, charging a U.S. Marshal with perjury and cyberstalking a former girlfriend over the Anaheim condo they owned together. Ian R. Diaz, 43, of Brea, and a deputy U.S. Marshal with the U.S. Marshals Service, posed as a former girlfriend in 2016 to send harassing and threatening messages and apparent threats against his former wife, solicited and lured men to engage in a “rape fantasy” via Craigslist’s personal ads and staged hoax sexual assaults and attempted assaults on his former wife, according to the indictment. READ MORE: Ramps On 5 Freeway Reopen In Downey And Santa Fe Springs Diaz and his then-wife, an unindicted co-conspirator, then reported the harassment to local law enforcement, falsely claiming that the former girlfriend posed a genuine and serious threat to him and his wife, the indictment alleges. Diaz and his former wife allegedly took steps to conceal their conduct by using falsely registered email accounts, using virtual private networks to access the internet anonymously, and communicating via encrypted messaging services. The indictment alleges...
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)  attempted to defend himself on Thursday against allegations that he had engaged in sexual harassment, saying it wasn’t “harassment” if he made anyone feel “uncomfortable.” “I never meant to make anyone feel uncomfortable,” Cuomo said in response to a reporter’s question on the issue, before posing a hypothetical situation. “I never said anything that I believe is inappropriate. You can leave this press conference today and say, ‘Oh, the governor harassed me.’ I would say I never said anything that I believed was inappropriate. I never meant to make you feel that way. You may hear it that way, you may interpret it that way. And I respect that, and I apologize to you if I said something that you think is offensive.” The reporter protested Cuomo’s scenario and asked whether he believed his assessment was legally correct, saying, “The harasser’s intention doesn’t matter. You can apologize if you make someone feel uncomfortable. I’m just wondering — do you acknowledge that, according to the law, it doesn’t matter?” “Harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable,”...
    MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- The Montebello fire chief has filed a claim against the city's mayor, alleging he's the victim of harassment and retaliation."It is our position that the mayor has had it out for the chief for some period of time, and that she's basically trying to do everything she can to have him ousted as the fire chief," said Jamon Hicks, the attorney for Montebello Fire Chief Fernando PelaezThe claim says it all started in January when the chief and councilmembers accused Mayor Kimberly Cobos-Cawthorne of violating the Brown Act, which requires government business to be conducted at open and public meetings.The claim says the mayor is bypassing the chief, making it difficult to do his job."She is retaliating against him and trying to set him up for failure," Hicks said.It also says the mayor contacted a local hotel and a security guard to investigate if the chief was going there with a woman. He believes she was trying to dig up dirt to sabotage his marriage."The mayor attacking him on a personal level, she's going outside of...
    BAFTA spent two weeks deciding how best to respond to sexual harassment allegations against actor Noel Clarke, it has been reported. The Kidulthood actor has been accused of a range of acts - including sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent. 3Bafta spent two weeks 'deciding how to respond' following the claims against Clarke Clarke today said he is "deeply sorry" and is "seeking professional help" after the allegations - but he categorically denies the misconduct claims. He had his Bafta award for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema stripped from him, after only receiving it on April 10. The film academy was made aware of allegations of sexual harassment, bullying and verbal abuse shortly after it announced its intention to honour Clarke with a Bafta, the Guardian reports. It added that senior figures within the film academy were worried about the potential reputational damage to the organisation over its handling of the claims against Clarke. The actor, who was given the award earlier this month, has said he "vehemently" denies allegations of sexual misconduct but has apologised for his actions. Bafta...
    Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) announced Tuesday that it had reached a $585,000 settlement in a lawsuit involving a former resident who rose to fame as the “TikTok Doc” and was accused of sexual assault and harassment.  The lawsuit, which was filed in February, initially included a complaint from an individual identified as an employee at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center.  The plaintiff accused Dr. Jason Campbell of repeated harassment and on one occasion of attempting to force himself and his erection onto the plaintiff while at work.  Additional court documents filed in the case last month included accusations from additional women that showed an alleged pattern of sexual assault and harassment.  The multi-million dollar lawsuit had claimed that OHSU managers were made aware of the alleged harassment and assault but did not take appropriate action against Campbell, who gained fame on social media in 2020 for posting dancing clips that went viral on the video-sharing app TikTok.  OHSU announced the settlement Tuesday in a joint statement with the plaintiff’s attorneys.  The university wrote that it wished to offer...
    The Derek Chauvin trial ended in a conviction in Hennepin County, Minnesota. Pool via AP/Ramsey County Sheriff's Office via AP A judge on Friday ruled that the names of the jurors in the Derek Chauvin trial will be sealed. The judge said lawyers reported an influx of threatening emails. The jurors voted to convict Chauvin of murder and manslaughter in the death of George Floyd. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. A Minnesota judge decided to shield the names of the jurors involved in the trial against former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin who knelt on George Floyd's neck last year for more than nine minutes. Earlier this week, the 12-member jury that presided over Chauvin's trial voted to convict him of second- and third-degree murder, as well as second-degree manslaughter.  Facebook Icon The letter F. Follow Insider on Facebook Their identities will remain sealed for at least six months, Hennepin County court records say, to protect against the potential for harassment. Judge Peter Cahill, who issued the order Friday, wrote that the lawyers involved in the...
    A former Republican official in Utah claims he's being "Kavanaughed" and made guilty "by accusation" just weeks after he resigned over a report that he ignored complaints from multiple women about harassment and bullying from the party leadership. "Looking back at the last few weeks, I understand what it feels like to be Kavanaughed," Scott Miller, former chairman of the Salt Lake County GOP, wrote this week in a letter to delegates, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "Utah’s GOP leadership elections are coming up; certain prominent people do not want me elected, and it seems these ‘good Republicans’ are performing last-minute, gutter antics to destroy my reputation via unfounded accusations." Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh faced sexual assault allegations before his confirmation in 2018. Many Republicans believe the accusations were politically motivated. CUOMO FAVORABILITY RATING KEEPS DROPPING AMID SCANDALS, MORE VOTERS BELIEVE HE COMMITTED SEXUAL HARASSMENT Seven women who worked with the Salt Lake County GOP said they faced body-shaming, "sexual and derogatory nicknames" and alleged threats from Dave Robinson, the county party’s then-communication director, but when some of them told...
    The owner of a Bayonne dry cleaners discriminated against a lesbian employee by mocking her in front of workers and customers, state authorities said Tuesday. The counter worker quit her job at Professional Touch Dry Cleaning & Apparel Repairs after two years because the owner “subjected her to a hostile working environment by openly disclosing, discussing, and deriding her sexual orientation,” state Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal said. Throughout her employment there, the owner – whom Grewal didn’t identify by name – “repeatedly made discriminatory comments about the fact that she is a lesbian in front of other employees and customers,” the attorney general said. Investigators from the state Division on Civil Rights (DCR) not only interviewed several current and former employees, Grewal said: They also spoke with customers. All “corroborated the complainant’s claims,” he said. “One former employee recalled that the owner made a disgusted facial expression while telling her that the complainant is gay,” the attorney general said. “A customer described an instance in which he observed the owner mocking the complainant behind her back by making a...
    In this article DRISignage outside an Olive Garden restaurant in Thornton, Colorado, on Friday, March 19, 2021.Chet Strange | Bloomberg | Getty ImagesAdvocacy group One Fair Wage is suing Olive Garden parent Darden Restaurants, alleging the company's tipping policy encourages sexual harassment and racial discrimination against its waitstaff. The complaint, which was filed Thursday in California federal court, is the latest salvo in the battle against the tipped minimum wage. In 43 states, employers can pay their workers as little as $2.13 an hour as long as that hourly wage and tips add up to the locality's pay floor. Otherwise, the employer has to make up the difference. The tipped minimum wage was last raised in 1991, but Democrats attempted to get rid of it earlier this year as part of their plan to raise the federal minimum wage. The amendment to add an increase to the federal pay floor to the latest Covid-19 relief bill failed to pass the Senate, but Democrats will likely revisit the issue again during President Joe Biden's four-year term. Darden was among the restaurant...
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The House Ethics committee announced Friday that it is investigating sexual misconduct allegations involving Republican Rep. Tom Reed of New York, who had announced he would not be seeking re-election after the allegations first surfaced last month. Reed was accused of rubbing a female lobbyist’s back and unhooking her bra without her consent at a networking event in a Minneapolis pub in 2017. The lobbyist, Nicolette Davis, told The Washington Post that Reed appeared to be drunk when he touched her back and leg as the two were seated next to each other during a networking trip. Reed apologized to Davis shortly after the story became public and said in a statement that the incident occurred “at a time in my life in which I was struggling.” He said he entered treatment that year and realized he was “powerless over alcohol.” Reed apologized to his wife and children, and to Davis, and said he planned “to dedicate my time and attention to making amends for my past actions.” Reed, elected to Congress in 2010, had...
    LSU associate athletic director Sharon Lewis has filed a $50 million Title IX lawsuit against the school, former LSU football coach Les Miles and the school’s law firm. “Members of the LSU Board of Supervisors, LSU Athletic Department, LSU Leadership and their law firm, Taylor Porter entered into a conspiracy to hide Les Miles’ sexual harassment investigation from federal officials and the public and to retaliate against Ms. Lewis,” her attorney Tammye Brown shared during a press conference, WAFB reported in a piece published Wednesday. “Over the last eight (8) years, Ms. Lewis has stood up to to protect LSU female student workers and as a result has suffered unimaginable retaliation sanctioned by the LSU Board of Supervisors,” Brown added. LSU ASSISTANT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FILES 50 MILLION DOLLAR TITLE IX RETALIATION LAWSUIT AGAINST LSU: Alleging retaliation for reporting former football Coach Les Miles for sexual harassment @WAFBhttps://t.co/3GakzHb2Cq pic.twitter.com/n2k9IOtLNL — Lester Duhé (@LesterDuhe) April 6, 2021 “At trial we intend to prove LSU acted more like a crime syndicate than the flagship university of our state when it intentionally set...
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is facing allegations that he sexually harassed or behaved inappropriately toward a half-dozen women who have worked with him. In an interview published by the Times Union of Albany on Wednesday, a woman who is still on his staff gave more details on her allegation that the Democrat groped her under her blouse in the governor’s mansion in November. Other accusations range from planting unwanted kisses to asking unwelcome personal questions about sex and dating. The governor has said that he “never touched anyone inappropriately” and “never made any inappropriate advances,” and that no one ever told him at the time that he was making them uncomfortable. He has called some allegations false.
    An Australian academic who spent 804 days in one of Iran's toughest prisons on trumped-up spying charges has detailed abuse by an obsessive troll. Kylie Moore-Gilbert, who was released by Iran in a prisoner swap deal in November, was accused of being an Israeli agent several times by Tim Anderson, who was sacked by Sydney University in 2019. He in February labelled Ms Moore-Gilbert an 'Israeli zealot', claimed she had 'military and leadership training in Israel' and the government and 'war media' lied about her. Kylie Moore-Gilbert (pictured above) spent more than two years behind bars in Iran after she was imprisoned on espionage offences She is was accused of being an Israeli agent several times by Tim Anderson, who was sacked by Sydney University in 2019, in a campaign of harassment Ms Moore-Gilbert fired back at pro-Syrian activist Dr Anderson, calling him an 'Iran-puppet and conspiracy theory zealot'. Dr Anderson met with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad several times and is a well-known 'anti-imperialist' who often posts material in support of the Syrian regime on social media. He has plenty...
    EXCLUSIVE: After five women made accusations of sexual harassment against one of Rep. Rashida Tlaib's 2018 campaign consultants, a Democratic operative who has ties to many high-profile people in the party, the congresswoman condemned the consultant in a statement to Fox News.T.J. Bucholz, owner of Vanguard Public Affairs, has been accused of sexually harassing former employees in stories by the Detroit Free Press and Eclectablog last week. NY WOMAN SHERRY VILL ACCUSES CUOMO OF UNWANTED KISS IN 2017 "The behavior and events described in the accusations against T.J. Bucholz are reprehensible. I commend the courage of all the women who have shared their painful experience working for and with T.J. Bucholz," Tlaib said in a statement.  "My campaign ended involvement with T.J. Bucholz and Vanguard Public Affairs in December 2019 for unrelated reasons," Tlaib continued. "My campaign team and I were not aware of any accusations against T.J. Bucholz during our contractual relationship, and would have ended our ties immediately if we had known of any allegations." Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., questions CDC Principal Deputy Secretary Dr. Anne Schuchat as she speaks...
    A fortnight of women has testified to the French police about Patrick Poivre d’Arvor, star presenter of the television news program with the highest audience in the country for 22 years and investigated for alleged rape or sexual assault, reported this Tuesday the public broadcaster France Info. The investigation was launched after writer Florence Porcel She denounced last February that Poivre d’Arvor had raped her twice in 2004 and 2009. Since then, about fifteen women have testified before investigators with testimonies. of sexual harassment and assault, including two “that could be classified as rape”, sources from the Nanterre prosecutor’s office (outskirts of Paris) who are following the case told the station. Assaults that occurred in the 1990s The testimonies refer to alleged attacks that occurred in the decade of 1990 and the first decade of this century. Poivre d’Arvor, now 73 years old and who has rejected Porcel’s accusations, he is a true television star in France who uninterruptedly presented the news program of the private channel TF1, the most watched in the country, for 22 years between 1987...
    NEW YORK (WABC) -- One of Andrew Cuomo's accusers is expected to attend a rally in support of the state legislature taking steps to impeach the New York state governor.Cuomo's first accuser Lindsey Boylan is scheduled to be at the rally in Washington Square Park Saturday afternoon.The news comes after an eighth accuser lodged sexual harassment allegations against him.Alyssa McGrath, 33, a current administrative assistant in Cuomo's office, told The New York Times that he looked down her shirt, quizzed her about her marital status, and told her she was beautiful, using an Italian phrase she had to ask her parents to interpret.McGrath didn't say the governor made sexual contact with her but thought his behavior was sexual harassment.She recalled Cuomo kissing her on the forehead and gripping her firmly around the sides while posing for a photo at a 2019 office Christmas party.Cuomo lawyer Rita Glavin responded by reiterating his denials of inappropriate advances and touching.She told the Times he has greeted both men and women with hugs and kisses on the cheek, has put his arm around people...
    HOUSTON, Texas -- Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson has been sued by four more women who accuse him of sexual assault and harassment.The lawsuits were filed Thursday night, hours after the NFL said it was investigating earlier allegations by three massage therapists who said the quarterback sexually assaulted them during massages.The claims in the four new suits, which were filed in a Harris County state district court, mirror those in the three earlier cases. Each woman who sued Thursday worked in a spa or giving massages and claims that Watson exposed himself, touched them with his penis or kissed them against their will.None of the seven women, who have sued separately but are all represented by Houston lawyer Tony Buzbee, are identified by name in the lawsuits. They are each seeking compensatory and punitive damages, as well as court costs. In a now-deleted Instagram post, attorney Tony Buzbee informed followers that Deshaun Watson is under review of the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy. (Screen capture) Watson, 25, has broadly denied that he acted inappropriately and said in a Tuesday statement...
    (CNN)Alyssa McGrath, a current aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, joined a chorus of other women in accusing the governor of sexual harassment, accusing the Democrat of having behaved and spoken to her in an inappropriate sexual manner, The New York Times reported Friday.McGrath told the Times that Cuomo looked down her shirt during a one-on-one meeting, stared at her body, commented on her appearance and made suggestive comments to her and another executive aide. Additionally, Cuomo labeled her and a co-worker "mingle mamas," asked about her divorce proceedings and lack of a wedding ring, and told her that she was beautiful in Italian, she told the paper. She did not accuse Cuomo of making sexual contact, but characterized his actions as sexual harassment. McGrath's allegations echo those of other accusers -- including former staffer Ana Liss, who says she met with investigators from the New York Attorney General's Office on Thursday. The investigation into the multiple sexual harassment allegations facing the embattled governor has been ramping up in recent days, with Liss, Charlotte Bennett and Lindsey Boylan --...
    A series of high-profile attacks against Asian Americans in the last several weeks made national headlines, prompting outcry from the public, statements from lawmakers and condemnation from President Joe Biden. Then, on Tuesday, it escalated dramatically when a gunman in suburban Atlanta killed eight people at spas, six of whom were women of Asian descent. As all Americans have faced the health challenges and economic anxieties of the pandemic over the last year, Asian Americans have been confronted with an additional scourge: an insidious rise in racist harassment, discrimination and violence. [ READ: Stigmas on Race, Gender and Sex Overlap in Atlanta Slayings ]The killings this week pushed the issue of anti-Asian racism and brutality to the forefront of the national conversation, and for many in the Asian American and Pacific Islander community, they exacerbated feelings of deep grief, anger and fear. Asian Americans have since the beginning of the pandemic reported and spoken out about relentless harassment and discrimination. "People are treating us subhumanly," says Russell Jeung, a professor of Asian American Studies at San Francisco State University...
    Tara Reade has blasted 'arrogant' Joe Biden for calling for an investigation into sexual harassment claims made against Gov. Andrew Cuomo - while flatly dismissing the allegations she made against him.  Reade, 56, went public last year, claiming Biden sexually assaulted her in a hallway while she was working as a Senate staffer in 1993. Biden vehemently denied the claim - but that hasn't stopped him from saying that all women should be believed.  When discussing the sexual harassment allegations against Gov. Cuomo during an ABC interview on Wednesday night, Biden stated: 'A woman should be presumed to be telling the truth and should not be scapegoated and become victimized by coming forward. There should be an investigation to determine whether what she says is true.' Biden added that Cuomo - with whom he has been friends for decades - could also be criminally prosecuted if an investigation yields evidence that the claims are true.   Tara Reade has blasted 'arrogant' Joe Biden for calling for an investigation into sexual harassment claims made against Gov. Andrew Cuomo - while flatly...
    Multiple people accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of attempting to influence the sexual harassment investigation against him after concerns were raised about the Democrat's involvement in the process. The governor, who has been roiled by a slew of inappropriate conduct allegations, is reportedly offering lawyers to those within his orbit who are being questioned by members of Attorney General Letitia James's team, which is spearheading the inquiry. State Sen. Alessandra Biaggi, a Democrat, posited that Cuomo's purported move is a form of intimidation. “The lawyers the governor is providing do not represent [staff questioned by the attorney general’s office],” Biaggi said. “It’s highly inappropriate. New Yorkers should be outraged, and it’s another example of the governor using his position of power to circumvent accountability.” Questions have also been raised regarding the hiring of the law firm of Davis Polk to helm an impeachment inquiry against Cuomo because a retired partner reportedly has ties to New York Chief Judge Janet DiFiore, an ally of the governor. Lindsey Boylan, who accused Cuomo of trying to kiss her and asking...
    A new bill introduced in Albany Thursday called “Lindsey’s Law” — for Lindsey Boylan, a former Gov. Andrew Cuomo aide who has accused him of sexual harassment — would make it a crime for public officials to retaliate against employees who level similar allegations. The legislation, sponsored by freshman Assemblyman Michael Lawler (R-Pearl River), would create a new section within the state’s penal code that makes it a class A misdemeanor to disclose “confidential government records” — including personnel files and other documents — pertaining to incidents of sexual harassment by a public employee. It would cover sexual harassment claims made by public employees, interns and even non-employees against public officials.  “After numerous news media reports about the ongoing retaliatory behavior being encouraged by Governor Andrew Cuomo, it’s time for the Legislature to say enough is enough and pass ‘Lindsey’s Law,’” Lawler said in a statement. Boylan was the first woman among several who have accused Cuomo of sexual misconduct within the last month. The governor has denied any wrongdoing. Earlier this week, it was revealed that...
    More On: sexual harassment Cuomo holds ‘press conference’ — without taking questions from press Reporter details ‘uncomfortable’ encounters with Cuomo Gov’s office conducting own review of aide’s groping accusation against Cuomo Cuomo’s office hires outside counsel amid harassment probe A new bill introduced in Albany Thursday called “Lindsey’s Law” — for Lindsey Boylan, a former Gov. Andrew Cuomo aide who has accused him of sexual harassment — would make it a crime for public officials to retaliate against employees who level similar allegations. The legislation, sponsored by freshman Assemblyman Michael Lawler (R-Pearl River), would create a new section within the state’s penal code that makes it a class A misdemeanor to disclose “confidential government records” — including personnel files and other documents — pertaining to incidents of sexual harassment by a public employee. It would cover sexual harassment claims made by public employees, interns and even non-employees against public officials.  “After numerous news media reports about the ongoing retaliatory behavior being encouraged by Governor Andrew Cuomo, it’s time for the Legislature to say enough is enough and pass...
    More On: andrew cuomo Cuomo’s office hires outside counsel amid harassment probe Start impeachment hearings against Gov. Cuomo now What if Cuomo just won’t go? and other commentary First Cuomo accuser won’t cooperate with ‘sham’ impeachment probe Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office is conducting its own review of a female aide’s allegations that she was groped by the governor inside the Executive Mansion last year, a new report said. The internal inquiry into the allegations lodged by the staffer, who is still employed by the governor’s office, is being handled by Cuomo’s senior aides, the Albany Times Union reported. “We have our own inquiries ongoing,” a senior Cuomo aide told the newspaper. “We have an obligation to investigate any claim of sexual harassment. And we … were directed to continue our own inquiry,” the aide said. The woman’s accusations against Cuomo are already being investigated separately by state Attorney General Letitia James. A lawyer for the accuser, who has not been identified and has not filed a formal complaint against Cuomo, blasted what he called the governor’s office “shadow investigation.”...
    More On: andrew cuomo What if Cuomo just won’t go? and other commentary First Cuomo accuser won’t cooperate with ‘sham’ impeachment probe Cuomo rebuffs de Blasio, reopens indoor fitness classes in NYC Plane banner over New York state capital says, ‘Cuomo’s Got to Go!’ Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie last week authorized an impeachment investigation of Gov. Andrew Cuomo — but sure looks like part of a larger stall. There’s zero reason to delay impeachment hearings on Cuomo’s deadly nursing-home mandate and his corrupt coverup of the toll. Every one of the dozens of Democrats who’ve called for the gov’s resignation should insist that those hearings start at once. In public, Heastie pretends to stand on principle. But in a private four-hour video conference call with the Democratic caucus last week, he urged his fellow Dems not to draft any articles of impeachment, since “people get accused of things,” referring to the sexual-harassment allegations. Right: Vetting all that will take time. But while it needs doing, Attorney General Tish James is on the job. Yet Heastie has hired an outside...
    New York State Assembly leaders on Wednesday announced the independent law firm assisting their impeachment inquiry against embattled Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), who refuses to step down in the wake of multiple scandals rocking his administration. Speaker Carl Heastie and Judiciary Committee Chair Charles D. Lavine, both Democrats, announced the law firm Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP will be assisting the members in conducting an impeachment inquiry into Cuomo, who continues to face mounting allegations of sexual harassment and assault. A press release of the announcement describes the firm as having “expertise in sensitive investigations.” “Their team, including Angela Burgess, Greg Andres and Martine Beamon, will work with Assemblymember Lavine and the Assembly Judiciary Committee to lead the investigation,” the release reads, adding that they are “authorized to vigorously pursue all the evidence to determine the extent to which violations of the law have occurred.” “I have the utmost faith that Assemblymember Lavine and our Judiciary Committee will conduct a full and fair investigation,” Speaker Heastie said in a statement, noting that the firm will “give the Committee the experience, independence, and resources needed...