Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Thursday, Dec 08, 2022 - 23:55:02
120 results - (0.008 seconds)

UP The View’s:

latest news at page 1:
    Monday morning on The View, co-hosts Joy Behar, Sara Haines, and Sunny Hostin each individually admitted that they cried when they heard the news that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had passed away. “I did not cry when she died, but I cried when Antonin Scalia died,” Meghan McCain said when it was her turn to speak, going on to highlight the unique nature of the bond between the two ideologically opposed justices. “It’s really a relationship that I hope that all of Americans can look to about being politically on two separate sides and still coming together and having great love and respect for one another.” And yet unlike her left-leaning co-hosts, McCain could not bring herself to criticize Republicans for their blatant “hypocrisy” when it comes to rushing through a replacement for Ginsburg after blocking President Barack Obama’s ability to name a successor for Scalia with almost a year left in his second term. “One of my biggest concerns is, if we have a contested election in 2020 and it’s split even, like there was in 2000,...
    Maryland GOP congressional candidate Kim Klacik slammed The View co-host Joy Behar for wearing blackface in a heated interview on the daytime talkshow on Friday. The conversation had largely remained civil until the end, during which Klacik was replying to a question asked by co-host Sara Haines about President Donald Trump telling journalist Bob Woodward that he had downplayed the seriousness of coronavirus during the pandemic's early days.  'Come on, Kim. Excuse me, I have to say something to you,' Behar interjected.  'He told Bob Woodward that it was a very serious issue, and it's airborne and that it was terrible, and then he went out and told the American people: "Don't wear masks. It's all going to go away." You have to put some blame on your president. I'm sorry!' In turn, Klacik replied: 'Is this Joy speaking? The same Joy that paraded around in blackface not too long ago?' Maryland GOP congressional candidate Kim Klacik (left) and The View co-host Joy Behar (right) got into a heated argument during an interview on Friday After Behar said...
    Republican Maryland congressional candidate Kim Klacik sparked a fiery exchange on ABC’s “The View,” taking direct aim at host Joy Behar over her previous use of blackface. A conversation about the impact of coronavirus on the black community quickly spiraled into a shouting match about Behar’s use of blackface. (RELATED: ‘Black People Don’t Have To Vote Democrat’: Baltimore Congressional Candidate Kim Klacik Goes Into Detail On Her Viral Video) WATCH: Cohost Sara Haines began the conversation by asking about veteran journalist Bob Woodward’s book and the audio of President Donald Trump saying that he preferred to “downplay” the threat of the coronavirus pandemic. “We see how the virus has disproportionately affected the African-American community. Do you think continually downplayed the threat cost lives?” Haines asked. Klacik responded by saying that the black community was certainly more heavily impacted, especially in place like Baltimore where some neighborhoods did not have grocery stores or immediate access to other necessities. “They don’t have what they need around them in their neighborhoods, and so yeah. I believe a coronavirus pandemic would affect us...
    Friday’s broadcast of The View went completely off the rails when a Black GOP congressional candidate brought up host Joy Behar’s infamous blackface photo, causing Behar to loudly deny she ever donned blackface as the panel devolved into a shoutfest. Klacik, who has become a conservative cause célèbre over her longshot bid to flip Baltimore’s congressional district to Republican, appeared on the ABC talk show to promote her campaign. And for the most part, things remained largely civil as she fielded questions during the multi-segment interview.  Towards the end of the conversation, however, things grew a bit more tense when co-host Sara Haines asked Klacik about President Donald Trump’s admission to journalist Bob Woodward that he purposely downplayed the threat of coronavirus during the early days of the crisis. “We see how the virus has disproportionately affected the African-American community,” Haines noted. “Do you think continually downplaying the threat cost lives?” Klacik, meanwhile, avoided directly criticizing the president while swinging it back to her congressional run. “Now you say it disproportionately affecting black lives, if you look at Baltimore, you...
    Sunny Hostin is asked “the question” three times a week. “Just this week I posted something on Instagram and someone commented, ‘Is Sunny Puerto Rican or black?,’ ” “The View” co-host told The Post. It’s a question she’s heard her whole life. “People would stare at me, they would call me a zebra,” the lawyer and journalist said. The former CNN analyst explores her biracial background and rise through the media ranks in her new book, “I Am These Truths: A Memoir of Identity, Justice, and Living Between Worlds” (Harper One), out Tuesday. Judgment about her race happens at work, too. “It really irritated me,” she writes, referring to colleagues who tell her she isn’t black enough or Latina enough. Hostin, whose full first name is Asunción, grew up “really poor” in the South Bronx to a Puerto Rican mother and black father who were both teenagers when they had her. “There were days they couldn’t pay the electric bill and the gas bill. I didn’t have heat, I didn’t have hot water,” she said. Hostin and her mother.Sunny Hostin “The...
    Sunny Hostin is asked “the question” three times a week. “Just this week I posted something on Instagram and someone commented, ‘Is Sunny Puerto Rican or black?,’ ” “The View” co-host told The Post. It’s a question she’s heard her whole life. “People would stare at me, they would call me a zebra,” the lawyer and journalist said. The former CNN analyst explores her biracial background and rise through the media ranks in her new book, “I Am These Truths: A Memoir of Identity, Justice, and Living Between Worlds” (Harper One), out Tuesday. Judgment about her race happens at work, too. “It really irritated me,” she writes, referring to colleagues who tell her she isn’t black enough or Latina enough. Hostin, whose full first name is Asunción, grew up “really poor” in the South Bronx to a Puerto Rican mother and black father who were both teenagers when they had her. “There were days they couldn’t pay the electric bill and the gas bill. I didn’t have heat, I didn’t have hot water,” she said. Hostin and her mother.Sunny Hostin “The...
    To combat the isolation many are feeling during the pandemic, Facebook is rolling out a feature that allows groups to view videos together no matter how far apart they are. Called Watch Together, the free service allows users to watch with friends and see their reactions in real-time over a Facebook Messenger video call or in a Messenger Room. You can watch videos with up to eight people on a Messenger video call or up to 50 people in a Messenger Room. Watch Together is rolling out globally this week on iOS and Android mobile devices. Scroll down for video  Facebook this week is introducing Watch Together, a new feature that allows members to watch videos together on Messenger video calls or in Messenger Rooms. Only eight users can watch together on a call, but  you can watch with up to 50 people in a Messenger Room Facebook is inaugurating Watch Together with a series of fitness videos by trainer Melissa Alcantara that users can work out together to virtually, a proven strategy to reaching fitness goals. 'We created...
    Actor Anupam Kher and filmmakers Vivek Agnihotri, Satish Kaushik, and Rumi Jaffery are joining hands for producing their upcoming project ‘The Last Show’ which will star Kher and Kaushik in central roles. Kher took to Instagram to announce the film and shared that the film will revolve around “friendship, love, laughters & tears.” “SHOW MUST GO ON! We friends four friends @satishkaushik2178 #RumiJaffery & @vivekagnihotri and I are collaborating to rekindle the magic of cinema with an inspiring human drama #TheLastShow,” Kher wrote in the caption. Vidyut Jammwal-Starrer ‘Khuda Haafiz’ Makers Expect Sequel Next Year The ‘Saaransh’ actor further shared that the principle shooting for the film will begin mid-September. “The film is about friendship, human spirit, love, laughters & tears. We begin principle shooting mid-Sept. Pls, bless us! #TheLastShow @ashokepandit1 @herman0707,” she wrote. Adipurush: Makers To Reveal Actor Playing Demon King Raavan in Prabhas Starrer on September 3 Check Out Anupam Kher’s Instagram Post Below: Film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh shared that the film will be shot in Bhopal. } });...
    Meg Kylie made her 812,000 followers happy with a brand new bikini post uploaded to her Instagram page on September 3. The social media star celebrated the end of the winter season in Australia, basking under the sun in a white two-piece swimsuit that showcased her killer physique. Meg flaunted her curves in a teeny bikini set that left little to the imagination. The top boasted padded triangle-styled cups that accentuated her ample bust. Notably, the cups were cut so small that it did not cover her breasts entirely. It had a plunging neckline that offered a generous amount of her cleavage. The thin straps that provided support went over her neck and tied around her back. The matching thong that she sported clung to her waist with straps tied on the sides of her hips. The waistband sat so low, highlighting her flat stomach and abs. The garment featured high leg cuts that accentuated her thighs. The light-colored bathing suit was a nice match to her bronze tan. View this post on Instagram Winters over, yayyy A...
    Leonard Fournette is the newest member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. According to Ian Rapoport, the star running back signed with the Bucs on a one-year contract worth up to $3.5 million. after being released by the Jaguars. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) His base salary for the 2020 season will be $2 million. #Bucs are giving RB Leonard Fournette a 1-year deal worth a max value of $3.5M, source said. He gets a $2M base salary and incentives are based on rush yards & play-time. Plus, with no off-sets from his #Jaguars deal, Fournette can double dip if he wins his grievance & add $4.2M. — Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 3, 2020 Fournette seemingly confirmed the news on Instagram by posting a photo of himself wearing a Bucs uniform. He has purged his Instagram of all other photos and any traces of ever playing for the Jaguars.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Leonard Fournette (@leonardfournette) on Sep 2, 2020 at 5:57pm PDT Tom Brady’s...
    Bollywood actor Sonu Sood who plays the role of villain in films has turned into a messiah of sorts for many people amid the pandemic. Right from helping migrants reach their home safe and sound, providing financial aid to even sending a tractor to a farmer’s family, he has proved that humanity still exists. Earlier, a thread by a journalist named Krishnamurthy addressed how the villagers of Vizianagaram district, Andhra Pradesh pooled Rs 20 lakh to build a road to access the village on a hilltop. Now, the same kacha road work is almost complete and the villagaers have given tribute to Sonu by putting up his posters on the hilly region. And well, the actor is happy to see this. Sonu Sood on ‘New Mission’: After Facilitating Return of Migrants, Actor to Help Repatriate Indian Students From Georgia.  It so happened that the Twitter user shared a clip highlighting the construction work in progress of the road and well Sood was quick to response with a wow. “With the kaccha road works almost complete, tribals in Kodama panchayat put up posters...
    With the coronavirus around, it has certainly been a rare sight to spot celebs stepping out like they used to before the pandemic although, recently Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone were spotted together at the airport as they returned from Bengaluru. The couple was seen twinning in denim and we’re sure after missing to see their amazing airport look for so long, you’re sure to get all excited about these pictures. Deepika and Ranveer have been making sure to spend time with their families amid the pandemic and looks like their recent visit was also for the same. Ranveer Singh Flaunts His New Beefed up Bod on Instagram. The duo looked cool as they rocked loose denims, particularly Ranveer Singh’s flared denim pants are sure to leave you impressed considering how comfortable they look. Deepika was seen sporting a dark blue tee along with denim pants and Ranveer too was seen in a dark black tee. The duo was seen twinning not only in their denim but also were carrying their fanny packs. Of course given the current time, the...
    New York Mets star Yoenis Cespedes is done playing baseball in 2020. Cespedes didn’t arrive for a Sunday game against the Braves, and his absence set the internet on fire. Well, it was reported by Jeff Passan that the star outfielder was opting out of the 2020 season during the coronavirus pandemic. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) How did the team find out? Security went to his hotel room and everything was packed up and gone. Halfway through the game, his agent told the team that Cespedes had bounced for the rest of the 2020 campaign. When Yoenis Cespedes didn’t show up today, the Mets sent security to his room. They found it empty. He had taken his belongings, just up and left, and through his agent informed the team mid-game that he was opting out, according to Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen. — Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 2, 2020 This is honestly such a laugh-out-loud moment. Twitter was going crazy Sunday when Cespedes couldn’t be found. It was being tweeted and talked...
    A year ago, actor Pearl V Puri released his first single, Peerh Meri and managed to sweep us off our feet with not just his acting, but also his singing talent. While many have the misconception that Pearl has lent his voice to songs in Phir Bhi Na Maane… Badtameez Dil, his single with Anita Hassanandani, Peerh Meri is his first song. A while back only, the song completed a year, and Twitterati showered their love by trending hashtag #1YearofPeerhMeri. Not only that, Peerh Meri has also crossed 15 Million views. And here the answer to curious fans wondering when will Pearl drop another soulful single? Pearl V Puri To Make His Bollywood Debut Post Lockdown?. A few days back, Pearl teased fans by posting pictures of recording something and also sang ‘Pardesi Pardesi Jaana Nahi’. Well, Pearl has been recording a new song and the hunk, who is currently in his hometown Agra, was spotted at a recording studio. Pearl V Puri Drives Home From Mumbai To Agra, Reveals He Undertook The Roadtrip Because of His Worried Mother (Read Deets) ....
    The View hosts teamed up on Friday to praise Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and denounce sexism after her week-long spat with Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL), which began when the congressman allegedly called her a “f*cking b*tch” on the steps of the Capitol. Yoho reportedly berated Ocasio-Cortez on Monday calling her “disgusting” and a “f*cking b*tch” over disagreements with the House’s crime bill. After facing criticism, the Florida representative later made an apology but denied the claims of name-calling, which earned him even more backlash. Ocasio-Cortez vocally rejected the statement as an apology, pointing out that he never mentioned her name. The New York representative then tore into Yoho on the House floor on Thursday — noting that he cited his daughters in his statement, adding, “I am someone’s daughter too. My father, thankfully, not alive to see how Mr. Yoho treated his daughter.” Yoho issued his own statement regarding the incident, firing back at Ocasio-Cortez for inflating and talking about his family, insisting,  “No one was accosted, bullied, or attacked.” All of The View hosts expressed their support for Ocasio-Cortez and...
    Coronavirus certainly changed a lot of things but one of the biggest has certainly been that paparazzi pictures of our favourite celebs have now become incredibly rare given that they don’t step out anymore. With all the gym visits and restaurant outings for celebs being on hold, it has been rare to spot a celeb out and about in the city. Although, Ranbir Kapoor fans were in for a surprise as the actor was recently spotted enjoying a bicycle ride on the streets on Mumbai on Sunday, July 19. The actor following the coronavirus guidelines was also seen sporting a mask as he enjoyed his cycle ride. Ranbir Kapoor Look-Alike, Junaid Shah From Kashmir Dies of Cardiac Arrest (View Pics of Bollywood Actor’s Doppelganger). It’s quite unlikely to spot Ranbir Kapoor out and about in the city although it is known that the actor loves his sports and is usually seen enjoying a game of football with his buddies. Considering it won’t be possible for the actor to play the sport for the time being anymore, looks like Kapoor decided...
    Whoopi Goldberg assumed that Meghan McCain might want to take a pass on talking about the resignation of Tucker Carlson’s top writer because she used to work for Fox News. She was wrong.  “I’m happy to speak on this,” McCain said, setting herself up for a rant against “cancel culture.”   “I think about cancel culture a lot,” she said. “I think every person who’s in mainstream media that has a platform, probably at one time or another thinks about it. Every woman on this show, at one point or another, cancel culture has tried to remove one of us from this show, for one reason or another. And by some miracle we're all still here. And I think the greatest miracle is still me somehow being here.” She pointed to a New York Times op-ed about The View’s “Meghan McCain problem” as evidence.  “I am against cancel culture,” McCain continued. “I think one of the reasons why I’m always a proponent of Tucker Carlson is because I believe in diversity of opinion. I believe in the reason why Fox News...
    John Bolton appeared on Wednesday’s episode of The View, where he was confronted by the show’s host for three full segments. As The Daily Beast reports, Whoopi Goldberg, Meghan McCain, Sunny Hostin, and Joy Behar took the former national security adviser to task for everything from the title of his book to his refusal to testify against President Donald Trump. Bolton has faced backlash for opting not to testify during the impeachment trial of the president, waiting instead to reveal the details that he knew in his tell-all book, and the women of the show added their voices to that criticism. Goldberg went after Bolton after he confirmed that he knew that Trump had agreed to release aid to Ukraine in order to get information about former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden. The host criticized Bolton for holding this information while the impeachment trial was going on. She also pushed back against Bolton’s claim that the Democrats were committing “impeachment malpractice,” saying everyone in government was involved and the former national security adviser had information that...
    Sign up here to get our daily updates on coronavirus in Minnesota delivered straight to your inbox each afternoon. And go here to see all of MinnPost’s COVID-19 coverage. MinnPost photo by Peter CallaghanMinnesota’s labor force in May consisted of 3,067,999 people, an increase of 1,500 compared to April.Minnesota’s labor force in May consisted of 3,067,999 people, an increase of 1,500 compared to April. The unemployment rate in Minnesota rose from 8.7 percent of the labor force to 9.9 percent of the labor force. This is lower than the national rate of 13.3 percent. What does this mean? Are we worse off than in April? Let’s take a look at these questions from three angles: how the data are collected and analyzed, how the data are revised over time, and whether any changes are due to random chance. Labor market measurement The monthly, state-level data come the Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS) program, “a federal-state cooperative effort in which monthly estimates of total employment and unemployment are prepared for over 7,500 areas.” The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development...
    Former Georgia lawmaker Stacey Abrams told "The View" on Thursday that President Trump wouldn't rename military bases because he wants to hold up Confederate figures and others who engaged in what she called domestic terrorism. "The View" co-host Joy Behar had asked Abrams about the White House's decision not to rename military bases named after Confederate figures. "Why is he doing that?" Behar asked. "We know he's appealing to his base. Is there any other reason why he would be doing something like that?" JOY BEHAR WALKS BACK CRITICISM OF TRUMP AS A 'DOMESTIC TERRORIST' "Because it's part of his narrative," Abrams responded, "to continue to lift up those who were strongmen, who used their domestic terrorism to rip our nation apart." Abrams added that Trump "and his ilk" were "trying to turn our identities into weapons against us, instead of seeing it as ways to serve us." "It flows through how we run our elections, how we issue resources, it's part of how they treated the Census, and it's part of the resistance to acknowledging that this nation has a problem...