Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Feb 01, 2023 - 18:27:58
117 results - (0.002 seconds)

a good cause:

latest news at page 1:
    New York — Problems caused by poor dental hygiene can spread to the rest of the body and cause other illnesses When we meet a person with cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s, or diabetes, we don’t think that they haven’t brushed their teeth well. We associate poor oral hygiene with problems in the mouth such as cavities, inflammation of the gums and bad breath, but not with complications in other parts of the body. Still, good oral health is essential for optimal body function. Oral diseases can contribute to the development of diseases systemic. In fact, there is new evidence indicating that bacteria from the mouth can get to other places of the body and cause problems. Even in our brains! . ImagesThe only way to avoid cavities and periodontitis – an infection of the gums – is to maintain good oral hygiene. In general, each person has between 100 and 200 species of oral bacteria of the 700 identified oral species. When we ask someone how many bacteria they think there are per milliliter of saliva, they often underestimate...
    Are you worried about your elderly parents? 8 tips to help seniors stay mentally acute in isolation 13 Major Grocery Chains That Havent Required You to Wear a Mask The Cast of the 90s Parent Trap Just Reunited for a Good Cause © Instagram The cast of 1998's 'The Parent Trap,' including Lindsay Lohan and Dennis Quaid, joined Katie Couric for a virtual reunion in support of World Central Kitchen. The original cast of Disney's The Parent Trap (1998) reunited via Instagram to reminisce about the film's legacy and raise money for World Central Kitchen. The film's cast, including Lindsay Lohan, Dennis Quaid, and Elaine Hendrix, shared their favorite film moments and how making the beloved movie came to be. Lindsay Lohan and the original cast of The Parent Trap remake reunited along with the film's director, Nancy Meyers, and host Katie Couric to raise funds for World Central Kitchen. The cast reunion—which included Dennis Quaid, Elaine Hendrix, Lisa Ann Walter, and Simon Kunz—was posted to Couric's Instagram account today, a few days before...
    FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Bubba Wallace still doesn’t agree with Michael McDowell about what happened on the track, but he’s happy his damaged bumper is going to a good cause. Wallace wrecked out of the qualifying race for NASCAR’s All-Star race at Bristol because of race-ending contact with the wall after the No. 43 Chevrolet appeared to be turned from behind by McDowell. Wallace was later seen walking away after the damaged bumper was deposited at McDowell’s team hauler. McDowell has since put the bumper in an online auction to raise money for Motor Racing Outreach. “Thank you @BubbaWallace for the gift. Hopefully we can raise a lot of money for @FollowMRO. They are a CHRISTIAN ministry that has loved and served our @NASCAR community for over 30 years,” McDowell wrote in a tweet about the auction. The bid price was over $15,000 by Saturday afternoon. “When life gives you lemons, auction them off and raise money for @FollowMRO. May not agree to what happened on track, but we can agree on a positive outcome from the situation,” Wallace...
    Jake McFarland is autistic. He loves making coffee for his dad. His parents took notice of his new love of coffee and gave him his own coffee cart in their family record store. Robot artist Henri pays homage to essential workers with COVID portraits He serves coffee to patrons who come in and the proceeds are donated to local charities in the Philadelphia Area. The cart has become extremely popular due to Jake's personality and he loves serving the coffee.Project Perk is providing frontline workers with FREE coffee His mom hopes to grow the cart and employee other young adults with special needs to help them learn important life skills.
    NEW YORK CITY -- Bill Ritter headed to the barbershop for the first time in months on Monday to get a haircut.Bill headed to Jancy Barbershop in the Bronx, where owner Jancy Pichardo has been a barber for over 25 years.Like thousands of barbershops in our area, it has been closed due to the pandemic. The shop opened its doors on Monday, June 22 and Bill was first in the chair!The experience was live-streamed on all ABC7NY platforms as a way to raise money for the largest provider of family shelter in New York City called WIN.Like every other New Yorker, Ritter was shell-shocked when the city came to a complete halt in March as the COVID-19 crisis worsened.When Gov. Andrew Cuomo shut down hair salons and barbershops on March 20 as part of the lockdown, Ritter made a promise to viewers that he would not cut his hair until barber shops reopened in New York City.Now, New York City is entering Phase 2 of reopening and barbershops were able to get back to work on June 22, so Bill...
    Three-plus months into the coronavirus pandemic, face coverings are part of the new normal. Many of the fashion brands that are making reusable cotton masks have started contributing funds or supplies to a variety of organizations, and individuals who make and sell masks are giving back, too — to covid-related issues and other causes, including fighting systemic racism and supporting Black Lives Matter. Scroll for our favorite face masks that help in more ways than one. And if these don’t inspire you, check out our roundups of face masks for adults, face masks for kids and our guide to cleaning your face mask. Cotton Face Masks Black Lives Matter with Filter Pocket (starting at $19.99; etsy.com) Cotton Face Masks Black Lives Matter with Filter Pocket These Black Lives Matters masks have a few different patterns, and the shop owner is donating 20% of proceeds to the Black Lives Matter organization. _____________________________________________________________________________ Baggu Mask Set ($32; baggu.com) Baggu Mask Set For every pair of masks sold, adorable bag brand Baggu is donating...
    NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- Bill Ritter headed to the barbershop for the first time in months on Monday to get a haircut.Bill headed to Jancy Barbershop in the Bronx, where owner Jancy Pichardo has been a barber for over 25 years.Like thousands of barbershops in our area, it has been closed due to the pandemic. The shop opened its doors on Monday, June 22 and Bill was first in the chair!The experience was live-streamed on all ABC7NY platforms as a way to raise money for the largest provider of family shelter in New York City called WIN.Like every other New Yorker, Ritter was shell-shocked when the city came to a complete halt in March as the COVID-19 crisis worsened.When Gov. Andrew Cuomo shut down hair salons and barbershops on March 20 as part of the lockdown, Ritter made a promise to viewers that he would not cut his hair until barber shops reopened in New York City.EMBED More News Videos On Monday, Bill Ritter will head down to his barbershop for the first time in months and get a...
    NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- Bill Ritter headed to his barbershop for the first time in months on Monday to get a haircut. The experience was live-streamed on all ABC7NY platforms as a way to raise money for the largest provider of family shelter in New York City called WIN.Like every other New Yorker, Ritter was shell-shocked when the city came to a complete halt in March as the COVID-19 crisis worsened.When Gov. Andrew Cuomo shut down hair salons and barbershops on March 20 as part of the lockdown, Ritter made a promise to viewers that he would not cut his hair until barber shops reopened in New York City.EMBED More News Videos On Monday, Bill Ritter will head down to his barbershop for the first time in months and get a haircut. The experience will be live-streamed on all ABC7NY platforms as a way to rai "I'm thinking I'm not cutting my hair until this crisis is over," Ritter said during a newscast in mid-March. "I haven't told my bosses yet."So after a story by @mcharlesworth7 about how closure...
    NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- When Eyewitness News anchor Bill Ritter walked into his barbershop on Feb. 20, he didn't know that it would be his last haircut for a long time.Like every other New Yorker, Ritter was shell-shocked when the city came to a complete halt in March as the COVID-19 crisis worsened.When Gov. Andrew Cuomo shut down hair salons and barbershops on March 20 as part of the lockdown, Ritter made a promise to viewers that he would not cut his hair until barber shops reopened in New York City.EMBED More News Videos On Monday, Bill Ritter will head down to his barbershop for the first time in months and get a haircut. The experience will be live-streamed on all ABC7NY platforms as a way to rai "I'm thinking I'm not cutting my hair until this crisis is over," Ritter said during a newscast in mid-March. "I haven't told my bosses yet."So after a story by @mcharlesworth7 about how closure of personal service biz like hair and nail salons will affect people during the #coronavirus — I said...
    NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- When Eyewitness News anchor Bill Ritter walked into his barbershop on Feb. 20, he didn't know that it would be his last haircut for a long time.Like every other New Yorker, Ritter was shell-shocked when the city came to a complete halt in March as the COVID-19 crisis worsened.When Gov. Andrew Cuomo shut down hair salons and barbershops on March 20 as part of the lockdown, Ritter made a promise to viewers that he would not cut his hair until barber shops reopened in New York City."I'm thinking I'm not cutting my hair until this crisis is over," Ritter said during a newscast in mid-March. "I haven't told my bosses yet." So after a story by @mcharlesworth7 about how closure of personal service biz like hair and nail salons will affect people during the #coronavirus — I said this about not cutting my hair till the virus is over. pic.twitter.com/qk3sUzpkxB— Bill Ritter (@billritter7) March 18, 2020For over 17 weeks, Ritter has kept his promise, and as his hair kept growing, Ritter began to look like...
    (CNN)Keanu Reeves is giving one lucky fan the chance to spend some quality one-on-one time with him for a very important cause. The "John Wick" and "Matrix" star has partnered with Camp Rainbow Gold -- an Idaho-based children's cancer charity -- to offer a 15-minute Zoom call to the highest bidder. "Bill & Ted. Speed. The Matrix. John Wick. You know him. You love him," the event description reads. "This is truly priceless and now you have the chance to Zoom with him from home!"Keanu Reeves on why hes returning for Matrix 4 Fans are told to "get your questions ready" for the cozy chat with the 55-year-old Hollywood icon. The virtual date was valued at $10,000 but as of Wednesday, the bidding was already up to $16,600, thanks to one anonymous bid.Read MoreThe auction closes on Monday and the special date will take place in the week beginning July 6. Party on, dude: Bill & Ted: Face the Music trailer dropsAll proceeds raised from "15 Minutes of Fame with Keanu Reeves" will go directly to the children's cancer organization,...