Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - 09:52:44
370 results - (0.003 seconds)

A Texas mom:

latest news at page 1:
    TYLER Baltierra's troubled sister Amber has officially tied the knot with her boyfriend Jason Williams. The Teen Mom OG star recently regained custody of her children despite her severe addiction struggle. 5Amber married her boyfriend Jason on Wednesday 5She has been battling addiction over the last decadeCredit: Facebook Amber, 34, and her boyfriend Jason married in a secret ceremony on Wednesday. The two said "I do" in Texas after obtaining their marriage license on August 5th. Jason announced their happy news with a photo on Facebook, as the two shared an intimate kiss. The newlywed captioned his shot: "Officially Mrs. Williams!" Amber's sister-in-law Catelynn Lowell sent congratulations online, but her brother Tyler has yet to comment. REUNITED WITH MOM Last month The Sun exclusively revealed that the MTV star had regained custody of her two kids Lexis and Jordan. Most read in The US Sun'GEM OF A MAN' Radio legend dead at 68 after burst blood vessel left him paralyzedBIDEN PURGE Kellyanne Conway demands Biden RESIGN after Trump appointees told to step downMOVING FORWARD Kim Kardashian stuns in tight jumpsuit...
    A HEARTBROKEN mom says she regrets not forcing her 19-year-old daughter to get a jab after the teen died of Covid. Breanna Gray, from Texas, was diagnosed with coronavirus in late July and died within just a few weeks. 4Breanna Gray died of Covid within weeks of catching itCredit: Instagram/Breanna Gray 4The 19-year-old was not vaccinated and had to be put on a ventilator in hospitalCredit: Tabatha Gray The healthy teen had no underlying conditions and was about to start a new semester at Navarro College before she was struck down by the bug. Breanna's mom, Tabitha Gray, told of the last time she spoke to her daughter as she tried to calm her down after doctors told her she'd need to go on a ventilator. "You just hear her screaming through the mask for me, and that was the last time," the grieving mom told Fox4. "And the last voice I heard is her yelling for me in her mask. "For me not being there to help my baby or be there is the worst feeling in the entire...
    Sure, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure — but for this Texas mom, one man’s trash is her main source of income. Tiffany She’ree, 32, left her job as a canteen server in 2020 when she realized she could earn up to $1,000 per week by selling off tossed-away items that she found by dumpster diving at garage sales. For She’ree, who has four children and 2 million followers on TikTok, dumpster diving has been a pursuit for several years. "I’d never heard of or thought about dumpster diving before I randomly saw a video on YouTube of these girls dumpster diving," she told Media Drum. "When I saw the haul they came back with I knew I had to try it for myself." TEXAS FIREFIGHTERS, POLICE RESCUE 15-YEAR-OLD DEAD DOG FROM STROM DRAIN IN DRAMATIC VIDEO In 2017, she gave it a whirl for the first time and found skin care products and some $1,200 worth of makeup. Since then, she and her husband Daniel Roach, 38, have gone out on trash hunts together. Not only does it...
    A Texas teacher texted her own mother to say 'Mom, I wish I got vaccinated' in her final message before succumbing to COVID just two days after giving birth.   Paige Ruiz, 32, was holding off on getting the vaccine until after the baby was born. She was nine months pregnant when she tested positive for COVID.  Ruiz's mother, Robin Zinsou, told CNN: 'She thought that there wasn't enough information or data out there to say that she could confidently get vaccinated without harming the baby. Paige Ruiz, 32, died of Covid two days after giving birth to her second child and spent her last days battling the virus and telling people to get the shot Ruiz (pictured right with her husband Daniel and oldest daughter Joanna) was holding off on getting the vaccine until after the baby was born and was nine months pregnant when she tested positive 'And I would ask her, "Have you talked to the doctor? I would like you to get vaccinated." And she kept saying, "No, I'm going to wait until after I...
    (CNN)Robin Zinsou says she urged her pregnant daughter to get a Covid-19 vaccine, but the 32-year-old educator was afraid it might harm her unborn child.Paige Ruiz tested positive for Covid-19 when she was nine months pregnant. and died in a Texas hospital of complications from the virus on August 15, just days after her second daughter, Celeste, was delivered by emergency C-section. "It was my worst fear," Zinsou told CNN's John Berman on Tuesday.Ruiz never got to hold her new baby, Zinsou said.So many people in this Texas town got Covid-19 that the school district shut down and then the city essentially closed"As soon as Celeste was delivered, they whisked her away and when my daughter came to (after the surgery), they said ... they had to keep each other separate because of the Covid," Zinsou said.Read MoreThey were able to arrange a video chat so Ruiz could see Celeste."That's how we let Paige -- figured out a way for her to mother her daughter," Zinsou said.Ruiz was coordinator of Student Learning Outcomes and Federal Programs at the Joshua Independent...
    A WOMAN who has seen nearly 300 prisoners die at Huntsville State Prison in Texas said she still remembers the final words of Cameron Willingham, who killed his three daughters.  Michelle Lyons worked as a newspaper reporter and a Texas state employee at the jail and said Willingham was swearing and yelling at his wife, Stacy Kuykendall, even as he was being executed.  2Michelle Lyons is a reporter who covered hundreds of executions at a prison in TexasCredit: MICHELLE LYONS "His last statement was the worst I had ever seen,” she told The Mirror. “It was vulgar, it was hateful.” "His wife was watching from the witness room and I was told later by the chaplaincy that she had come to witness not on his behalf but as one of the victims,” she added. Two-year-old Amber Louise Kuykendall and one-year-old twins Karmen Diane Willingham and Kameron Marie Willingham were killed in 1991 in a fire that Willingham claimed was an accident. Willingham claimed he was awoken by Amber’s cries for her Dad but that the blaze was too intense and...
    A WOMAN who has seen nearly 300 prisoners die at Huntsville State Prison in Texas said she still remembers the final words of Cameron Willingham, who killed his three daughters.  Michelle Lyons worked as a newspaper reporter and a Texas state employee at the jail and said Willingham was swearing and yelling at his wife, Stacy Kuykendall, even as he was being executed.  MICHELLE LYONS 2 Michelle Lyons is a reporter who covered hundreds of executions at a prison in Texas “His last statement was the worst I had ever seen,” she told The Mirror. “It was vulgar, it was hateful.” “His wife was watching from the witness room and I was told later by the chaplaincy that she had come to witness not on his behalf but as one of the victims,” she added. Two-year-old Amber Louise Kuykendall and one-year-old twins Karmen Diane Willingham and Kameron Marie Willingham were killed in 1991 in a fire that Willingham claimed was an accident. Willingham claimed he was awoken by Amber’s cries for her Dad but that the blaze was too...
    FORT WORTH, Texas -- A Texas mother is sharing her daughter's final message before dying after a weekslong battle with COVID-19 complications."What keeps me going are the girls," Robin Zinsou said through tears.The girls are what her 32-year-old daughter, Paige Ruiz, lived for.Ruiz was an educator and a mother. She had a 2-and-a-half-year-old daughter named Joanna and was expecting another daughter, Celeste."Paige was the life of the party. She had the biggest smile, the biggest personality," Zinsou told WFAA. "She loved being a mom."Ruiz was due to deliver Celeste on July 30, 2021. She tested positive for COVID-19 on July 24, just days before her due date and days before the CDC and a national OBGYN group strongly recommended vaccination for pregnant women.RELATED: CDC urges all pregnant women to get vaccinated against COVID-19EMBED More News Videos CDC: More than 18K pregnant women hospitalized with COVID since start of pandemic. DeJuan Hoggard reports. "I kept asking her, 'Have you talked to the doctor about getting the vaccine?' And she said, 'No, Mom. I'm going to wait until after I have the...
    Stormy Loraine Johnson, 38, was booked into Wichita County Jail on charges of murder and evidence tampering in connection with the murder of her 11-year-old son, Logan Cline  A Texas mother has been charged with murder and tampering with evidence over the death of her 11-year-old son who was found dead in an abandoned car in Wichita Falls in 2019. Stormy Loraine Johnson, 38, and her boyfriend are accused of physically and sexually abusing son Logan Cline - and even subjecting him to bestiality, police say. One vicious beating in the weeks before his death left the boy unable to speak, police say. Logan's body was found covered with clothing in the backseat of an abandoned car on Kenley Avenue near the Red Roof Inn on Central Freeway on February 27, 2020. Johnson was booked Friday into Wichita County Jail after being extradited from Nevada.  A judge set her bond at $1 million for murder and $250,000 for a charge filed last year of tampering with evidence, according to public records.  Johnson was previously held at the Florence McClure Women's...
    HUMBLE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A wife shot and killed her estranged husband after he showed up as she and their three children were heading to their first day of school on Monday, August 16, KTRK-TV in Houston reported. Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the woman and the children were leaving when the father arrived unexpectedly and confronted their mother. “He showed up. We don’t know what his intention was,” said the sheriff. “It quickly escalated. She ran inside the home. He began assaulting her.” Investigators said the wife grabbed a gun and shot him. Sheriff Gonzalez said there had been previous domestic violence calls at the home. KTRK-TV learned the children – ages 8, 12 and 16 – have been in the middle of such incidents before. “Really a sad situation,” said Gonzalez. “Early in the morning, [it’s] first day of school for many who live out here.” According to court records, on June 10, their father “woke the three children” so they could see him confront their mother about their “marital problems.” The charging document says he slapped...
    A SHELTER-in-place warning was issued over a possible chemical leak in Texas. La Porte's Office of Emergency Management tweeted about the incident on Sunday evening. Residents in the area were asked to shelter in place and even turn off their air conditioning for the time being. One local tweeted that their "eyes are burning." 1A warning was issued SundayCredit: La Porte Emergency Management Most read in The US SunCITY MOURNS Flowers laid at Plymouth shooting site after 'incel' Jake Davison kills fiveMORE MONEY New payment 'to arrive THIS WEEK' from IRS & be deposited in bank accountsTALIBAN THREAT General Milley warns of terror threats to US homeland as Afghanistan fallsGARY'S GIRLS Teen Mom star Amber's ex Gary's daughters Leah & Emilee look so 'grown-up'HACK WARNING T-Mobile probes 'huge breach' as hackers 'steal data of 100m customers'FREAK ACCIDENT Teen Mom Briana reveals she was struck by LIGHTNING and it 'hurt so bad' More to follow... For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online. The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news,...
    A mother has revealed her clever taco maneuver for tricking her seven-month-old daughter into eating her vegetables, and the 'mom hack' works like a charm.  Torey Grace, 30, from Texas, took to TikTok on 'Taco Tuesday'  to share a video of herself attempting to feed her baby girl, Aspen, mashed carrots while she was sitting in her high chair.  'She's only eating her carrots one way today,' the mom said at the start of the clip, which showed her trying to entice her to take a spoonful of the orange mush.   Genius: Torey Grace, 30, from Texas, has revealed her brilliant taco maneuver for tricking her seven-month-old daughter, Aspen, into eating her mashed carrots Struggle: The mom shared a TikTok video of herself attempting to feed her baby girl with little success at first. Aspen fussed every time her mom tried to put the spoon in her mouth She got her attention! Torey then grabbed her half-eaten taco from the counter and held it in the air 'Want some? You don't want it?' Torey asked as Aspen fussed...
    TEEN Mom Bristol Palin threw a party to welcome her son Tripp, 12, home after his month-long trip to see father Levi Johnston in Alaska. The MTV alum shared snaps from the bash on Instagram and wrote "Hallelujah!" as she celebrated her boy being home. 5Teen Mom Bristol Palin welcomed her son Tripp, 12, home with a party and a cake after he returned from Alaska with his dad Levi JohnstonCredit: bsmp2/Instagram 5The 30-year-old mom of three was overjoyed to her boy homeCredit: bsmp2/Instagram On another family photo Bristol, 30, wrote, "We have been counting down the minutes!! My son my son."  The snaps showed Bristol cutting up and dishing out a cake for her kids as they all gathered round the dinner table. FAR FROM HOME The happy reunion came after Bristol admitted Tripp leaving town was her "worst day of the year" when she posted about it in early July. "Off to Alaska for a few weeks w/ one of his best friends!" Bristol captioned a photo of her son at the airport. Bristol also has daughters Sailor,...
    BRISTOL Palin threw a party to welcome her son Tripp, 12, home after his month-long trip to see father Levi Johnston in Alaska. The Teen Mom OG star shared snaps from the bash on Instagram and wrote “Hallelujah!” as she celebrated her boy being home. bsmp2/Instagram 5 Bristol Palin welcomed her son Tripp, 12, home with a party and a cake after he returned from Alaska with his dad Levi Johnston bsmp2/Instagram 5 The 30-year-old mom of three was overjoyed to her boy home On another family photo Bristol, 30, wrote, “We have been counting down the minutes!! My son my son.”  The snaps showed Bristol cutting up and dishing out a cake for her kids as they all gathered round the dinner table. FAR FROM HOME The happy reunion came after Bristol admitted Tripp leaving town was her “worst day of the year” when she posted about it in early July. “Off to Alaska for a few weeks w/ one of his best friends!” Bristol captioned a photo of her son at the airport. Bristol also has...
    Hutto, Texas (CNN)Nakeenya Wilson takes a breath and uses the practiced, patient voice of a mom as she talks to her son. She's getting him ready to go to kindergarten in a few days and she's trying to explain what's going on with Texas and masks and schools."I've had conversations with (him) explaining that we have leaders that make decisions for our state. And right now the leaders have made a choice that people do not have to wear masks," she tells CNN of her chats with her son, who likes to be called Morris or Tre, depending on his mood."But we, the Wilsons, we are going to wear a mask because that's what's going to help keep us safe, and our friends and family," her pitch to her son ends."And, you know, he's 5, right? So we have these conversations over and over again."Nakeenya Wilson fears if her son becomes infected, her daughter will be exposed too.Wilson, who lives in Hutto, northeast of Austin, has a pretty succinct summary of what is going on in Texas these days. The...
    In Texas, elementary schools are required by law to notify parents within 48 hours if a student in their child’s class becomes aware they have head lice, and provide Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on how to treat and prevent the infestation. But last week, the Texas Education Agency announced that the same practice will not apply to positive cases of the novel coronavirus—despite the mass surge of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in the Lone Star State fueled by low vaccination numbers and the highly transmissible Delta variant. Adding to the chaos, of course, is that most elementary school children are under the age of 12, and therefore not yet eligible for one of the three vaccines available in the United States. “Lice is apparently more dangerous in Texas than COVID,” Crystal Blackerby, 40, told The Daily Beast on Friday. “Kids can essentially be sent to school with COVID, and parents have zero knowledge of it. It’s just unsafe.” The new guidelines have effectively forced Blackerby, who is a creative director for a local distillery in Fort...
    HOUSTON, Texas -- Simone Biles has been a huge focus of the Summer Games, but another Houston-area Olympian is also capturing the hearts of many.Tamyra Mensah-Stock from Katy, Texas became the first Black woman to win a gold medal in wrestling for the U.S.The gold medal Olympian got her start in 10th grade at Morton Ranch High School and quickly become one of the best in the state.After winning gold, Mensah-Stock said she will be spending her $37,000 prize on a food truck for her mom."I wanted to give my mom $30,000 to get a food truck. It's her dream," she said. "I told her five years ago, 'I'll get you your food truck, but you gotta be responsible.' She's like 'Thank you, baby'...so my mom's getting her food truck! She can cook, really really well."So what will her mom's food truck serve? BBQ!
    More On: shootings Woman accused of killing husband identified as warden at NYC federal jail Portland struggling to find cops for revamped gun-crime squad that was defunded Man, 32, fatally shot on Bronx street Teen accidentally shoots and kills mom then turns gun on himself A Texas man killed his wife after she threatened to leave him and then opened fire on two of her children as they tried to flee, cops say. Lawrence Reed, 53, is charged with murdering his 36-year-old wife Valerie Junius at their home in Katy, west of Houston, on July 29, police said. He is also charged with shooting his wife’s 16-year-old son and her 20-year-old daughter as they tried to escape the home. Both children were shot but survived, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office says. Reed briefly barricaded himself inside the home when officers arrived but later surrendered, according to authorities.  Junius, who is survived by her six children aged between 4 and 20 years of age, had been on the phone with her mother Gloria when Reed opened fire on her,...
    A TEXAS cop was filmed pinning down and handcuffing a black teenager as she vomited and screamed “I can’t breathe”.  Nekia Trigg, 18, had reportedly run in front of cars in Forney, near Dallas, to take her own life when she was found by the officer.  2Footage shows the Texas sheriff’s deputy Conner Martin, who is white, lying on top of the teenCredit: 6ABC 2She yells 'I can't breathe' in the footageCredit: 6ABC Footage shows the Texas sheriff’s deputy Conner Martin, who is white, lying on top of the teen and taking her mom to the ground before arresting her.  In the clip, Trigg’s mom Antanique Ray can be heard pleading with the officer to let her daughter go while she tries to calm her down.  It came after multiple eyewitnesses called 911 to say a young woman was walking in the middle of the street and attempting to throw herself in front of cars. Nekia’s family has denied that she was suicidal.  Body-worn camera footage shows the cop arriving at the scene to find Nekia crying and asks her...
    A white Texas cop was filmed laying on a vomiting black girl saying 'I can't breathe' after she reportedly ran in front of cars on a busy road in a bid to kill herself.  The girl, named as Nekia Trigg, 18, was filmed prone on the ground in Forney, Texas, on Tuesday. Trigg's mom Antanique Ray, could be heard pleading with the officer to let her get up while she tries to calm her daughter down as she labored through each breath.  Trigg was later arrested for disorderly behavior, but has since bonded back out of prison. Her family denies reports Trigg was attempting to kill herself, despite multiple eyewitnesses calling 911 saying that the teenager appeared to be trying to throw herself in front of moving cars.  The officer filmed pinning her down - identified as Kaufman County Sheriff's Deputy Conner Martin - ignored Ray and kept his full body weight on top of Trigg while pinning her arms over head and wrapping his legs around her legs.    Footage since shared online starts with Trigg already on the ground...
    An admitted murderer from Texas has pleaded guilty to the cold case murder of a mother in California who was attacked while she was jogging on a trail 26 years ago, authorities said Monday. James Earl Watkins pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and admitted to 3 special allegations for kidnapping, robbery and lying in wait in connection to the killing of 37-year-old Christine Munro, the Shasta County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement. GEORGIA MAN CHARGED IN 33-YEAR-OLD COLD CASE MURDER OF YOUNG BOY AFTER HIS UBER DRIVER GETS PULLED OVER Munro, a nurse and mother of four children, was jogging along the south side of the Sacramento River Trail on June 24, 1995, when she was killed in an attack that shocked the community, police have said.  James Earl Watkins pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and admitted to 3 special allegations for kidnapping, robbery and lying in wait in connection to the 1995 killing of 37-year-old Christine Munro, authorities said. (Redding Police Department ) Despite working hundreds of hours collecting evidence and interviewing dozens of witnesses and...
    A Texas man is accused of setting his El Paso home on fire, resulting in the death of his brother and leaving his mother with severe burn injuries, according to reports.  Phillip Daniel Mills, 40, was arrested on Friday, charged with capital murder and arson, according to KFOX 14 of El Paso.  Mills allegedly confessed to setting the fire while being questioned by authorities, KVIA-TV of El Paso reported. He reportedly told investigators he broke a TV in the home and later set a couch on fire to rid the home of "evil." Mills was allegedly angry that his family didn't follow the Bible, KTSM-TV of El Paso reported.  Mills’ brother Paul Aaron Mills, 54, was pulled from the home and later pronounced dead at a hospital. His mother, Florence Annette Mills, 82, was able to walk out of the home and remained hospitalized, being treated for burns and smoke inhalation.  TEXAS SUSPECT ACCUSED OF KILLING SWAT OFFICER DURING STANDOFF FACES FEDERAL ASSAULT CHARGE "Phillip Daniel Mills set fire to the inside of his home and fled, leaving his mother and brother inside...
    THE missing 10-year-old girl at the center of the Stand With Sophie campaign sent coded notes to her dad saying she was in danger. Sophie Long is said to have written to her father Michael during Covid lockdown after accusing her mom's fiancé of sexual abuse in a viral video. 5Sophie Long is said to have written to her father Michael during Covid lockdown after accusing her mom's fiancé of sexual abuse in a viral videoCredit: Texas Department of Public Safety 5Sophie and her dad Michael are now missing The youngster was last seen on July 12 and is believed to be with her father Michael who Texas officials have called her abductor. In September last year letters obtained by the DailyMail.com are said to show Sophie used code words for danger, including daisies or dandelions. Pen was used to indicated her mom and stepdad were fighting, Michael alleged. Kelly Long denied all the allegations saying her ex husband's "personal vendetta...has now escalated to dangerous levels." An attorney ruled last year that Sophie was safer with her mom after calling...
    A suspect accused of fatally shooting a young Houston mother while she held her 1-year-old son was being held on a bond of more than $1.5 million Thursday after being taken into custody nearly two weeks after the crime, according to police. Zacchaeus Rashad Gaston, 27, was arrested Wednesday evening in connection with the July 1 broad-daylight killing of Layla Steele, 24, and the wounding of the child, FOX 26 of Houston reported. Gaston, described as being Steele’s estranged boyfriend and the father of the child, had previously been freed on bond seven times following prior arrests, including for violent crimes, authorities have said. The shooting occurred on the boy’s first birthday, KPRC-TV of Houston reported. At the time, Gaston was wearing an ankle monitor following his latest release from prison, but removed the device and fled on the day of the shooting, the station reported. After initially being tossed out of court Thursday for being disruptive, Gaston saw a judge set his bond at $1 million on the murder charge, $500,000 on the aggravated assault charge and $1,000 and...
    A Texas bartender whose toddler son was found dead in her boyfriend’s home three years ago has been arrested after Secret Service investigators helped local police crack encrypted phone messages that allegedly show her indifference to his repeated threats against her child. An affidavit detailing the exchanges includes allegations of extreme cruelty and graphic child abuse – the details of which are unfit to print. Yet Amber McDaniel is accused of doing nothing to stop it and continuing to date James Staley III, bring her toddler to his house and leave them unattended together. McDaniel and Staley were dating for several months by October 2018, when police and EMS responded to his house on Irving Place in Wichita Falls, Texas, according to an arrest affidavit. Amber McDaniel (Wichita County Jail) They found McDaniel "extremely upset" and cradling Jason "Wilder" McDaniel, 2, in her arms. He was dead. TEXAS MOM OF MISSING TODDLER ARRESTED AFTER BLOOD FOUND ON CRIB SHEETS Investigators believed that McDaniel had been drunk and asleep in another room while Staley allegedly choked her son to...
    Seventy-one people have disappeared this year from a troubled stretch of Mexican road locals call the “highway of death” — including a Texas mom and her two children, officials said. At least half a dozen of the missing along the highway between Monterrey and Nuevo Laredo at the Mexican border are from the US, authorities said. On June 13, Gladys Perez Sanchez, of Laredo, Texas, disappeared with her 16-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter while returning from a visit with relatives in Sabina Hidalgo, according to a bulletin issued by the FBI in San Antonio. Information on Gladys Perez Sanchez and her two children who all went missing on the highway in Mexico.FBI Police officers patrolling the Monterrey-Nuevo Laredo freeway to prevent any further kidnappings or assaults on June 27, 2021.Daniel Becerril/REUTERS The disappearances are believed to be tied to drug gangs in the region, particularly a turf war between the Jalisco and Northeast cartels, said Karla Quintana, head of Mexico’s National Search Commission. In recent months, about a half-dozen men who were abducted along the highway have resurfaced —...
    The 15-year-old girl who was run over and killed after she jumped out of a moving car during an argument with her mother on a Texas highway has been identified.  Maddison Taylor died on Monday in a hit-and-run crash on the North Freeway in Harris County.  The teen was reportedly engaged in a dispute with her mother when she decided to open the car door and jump from the passenger seat.  Taylor's relatives lashed out at the driver who struck her before fleeing the scene on Tuesday, saying they should have had the respect to wait for emergency personnel to arrive.  Maddison Taylor (pictured) died on Monday when she jumped out of a moving car on the North Freeway in Harris County, Texas, while having an argument with her mother Family remembered the 15-year-old nicknamed 'Maddy' as a 'fighter' with a 'heart of gold' who 'went through way too much' Taylor's cousins (pictured) are asking the driver who struck her to come forward, acknowledging that they understand the accident was not intentional Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez...
    A 15-year-old girl jumped out of a moving car during an argument with her mother on a Texas highway — and was fatally struck by another vehicle, authorities said. The grisly chain of events unfolded on Interstate 45 in Harris County late Monday, sheriff officials told The Post. The teen’s identity wasn’t immediately released. "She was struck by a different vehicle that did not stop," Harris County Sheriff’s Deputy Thomas Gilliland said, adding the girl landed in an adjacent lane prior to being fatally hit. "A lot of folks were very traumatized with what happened." AT LEAST 125 COVID-19 CASES LINKED TO TEXAS CHURCH CAMP The girl’s mother is cooperating with investigators. It’s unclear what they were arguing about prior to the "distraught" teen’s decision to jump out of the moving car, Gilliland said. "Obviously nothing worth that," he said. The teen was pronounced dead at the scene, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted late Monday. Traffic was diverted from the southbound lanes of the highway following the crash. The portion of I-45 later reopened for Tuesday’s morning rush hour,...
    A 15-year-old girl has been killed after authorities in Texas say she jumped out of a moving car on a freeway while having an argument with her mother. The deadly incident took place at around 8pm at 16827 North Freeway in Harris County. The teenage victim was having a dispute with her mother while riding as a passenger in the woman's car when she exited the moving vehicle. Girl, 15, died on North Freeway in Harris County, Texas, on Monday night after jumping out of her mother's moving car Deputies say the mother and daughter had been arguing before the teen exited the car, believed to be pictured above  A shot of the scene on the freeway following the deadly incident at 8pm on Monday According to Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez, the 15-year-old was then possibly struck by another vehicle, which fled the scene, but deputies said they do not have a witness who could attest to that. A person who was said to have been driving directly behind the car carrying the mother and daughter...
    A Texas mother living near the Mexico border has revealed the migrant crisis has become so bad that she is too scared to let her children play outside.  Alison Anderson, who recently moved to the Texas border town of Del Rio with her family, told 'Fox and Friends' Friday that the situation has been getting worse over the last six months.  'Three nights ago, there was a group at our next-door neighbor's house circling the vehicles and tapping on their daughter's bedroom window,' Anderson said. 'I have neighbors constantly calling me – elderly neighbors, specifically – that are concerned and fearful.'   'It was peaceful for a while,' she said. 'I was actually enjoying having peace of mind and allowing our kids to play outside, but they can't do that anymore.' South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem announced earlier this week she is sending the National Guard to the southern border in response to the recent influx of migrants from Central America.  Watch the latest video at foxnews.com Fox News Privacy Policy Alison Anderson (pictured) who recently moved to Del...
    ANNAPOLIS (WJZ) — A vigil was held Friday morning for Michelle Cummings, the Texas mother who was shot and killed by a stray bullet in Annapolis. Cummings was sitting outside her hotel earlier this week when she was shot. It was just days before her son’s induction into the U.S. Naval Academy. READ MORE: Celebration Turned Into Tragedy: Texas Mother Of USNA Midshipman Killed By Stray Bullet In Annapolis Police said she was not the intended target. They are working on a number of leads, but have yet to make an arrest. Reward for information in her fatal shooting is now at $30,000 as police try to catch her killer. READ MORE: Navy Mom Murder: Governor Adds To Reward, Pledges State Police Resources To Catch Michelle Cummings’ Killer Some of the comments today from Leonard ‘Truck’ Cummings, Michelle’s widow, who spoke at a vigil in Annapolis. pic.twitter.com/jWs4ytvc0s — Mike Hellgren (@HellgrenWJZ) July 2, 2021 Mike Hellgren will have the latest on this story on WJZ at 4 p.m.
    A Texas mother who drove to Annapolis, Maryland, to watch her son join the U.S. Naval Academy died after she was hit by a stray bullet early Tuesday while outside her hotel, a friend tells Fox News. Michelle Jordan Cummings, 57, made the long drive from Houston to Annapolis with her husband for what they believed would be the "proudest moment of their lives." The couple was outside The Graduate Hotel when shots rang out at approximately 12:20 a.m. Cummings was hit by a stray bullet. "It’s so hard to put into words. Really just trying to console the family and being there for them. Just waking up every day, praying this is just a bad dream and it’s not true," Shawna Moore, a family friend, told "The Story" on Thursday. Moore said she spoke to an "excited" Cummings a day earlier. Their sons are childhood friends. "She called me. She was gloating that she was there with my son. As you know…in the Naval Academy, they’re limited to when they can come home. I haven’t seen them in a few weeks,"  Moore recalled. "So she knew how much I was missing him, so...
    ANNAPOLIS, Maryland -- An innocent Houston mother was killed in a drive-by shooting at her hotel during what was supposed to be a time to celebrate her son's accomplishments.According to police, the woman, who was identified by family members as Michelle Cummings, was an innocent bystander during the shooting. It happened on Tuesday around 12:21 a.m. at a hotel in Annapolis.Family told KTRK-TV that Cummings was in town to drop off her son who was recently awarded a scholarship to the Naval Academy. Police said Cummings was sitting in the patio area of her hotel when shots rang out. Investigators said the shots "travelled a distance" when they hit Cummings.Cummings' son was a Westfield High School football player who committed to play at the Naval Academy. On Tuesday afternoon, Spring ISD expressed its condolences in a statement. Cummings was heavily involved in district activities alongside her son."We are devastated to hear about the passing of Michelle Cummings. Ms. Cummings was a very engaged parent at Westfield High School where her son Leonard "Trey" Cummings III graduated...
    More On: shootings Three people shot at abandoned home in Queens Times ‘Scare’: How NYC’s soaring crime is bleeding into Crossroads of the World De Blasio promises another Times Square crackdown, sources say more can be done Letters to the Editor — June 30, 2021 Don’t mess with these Texas parents. A husband and wife in Houston chased down an alleged “peeping Tom” lurking outside their 10-year-old daughter’s bedroom window — and shot him, authorities said. The couple said they heard their daughter scream late Sunday when she spotted the man touching himself, local reports said. “She looks over at the window and this guy is at her window,” the girl’s mother, who asked not to be identified, told KPRC-TV. “He took my daughter’s innocence away.” Armed with handguns, the parents rushed out of their house and went after the creep, who was apparently intoxicated, the reports said. The father said that he and his wife ordered the sicko to lie down in the yard and wait for police to arrive — but the man refused and walked to...
    AT LEAST 50 people are missing including a Texas mom, her two kids, and three other US citizens and residents after they traveled along Mexico's "Highway of Death." Over the past six months, travelers making the three-hour journey between the Mexican industrial hub of Monterrey and the border city of Nuevo Laredo have gone missing at increasing rates. 9Texas mom Gladys Perez Sanchez, 39, and her two children, John Carlos Gonzalez, 16, and Michelle Christina Duran, 9, are among the missingCredit: FBI 9Searches have begun for the missing 50 peopleCredit: Tamaulipas State Commission for the Search of Missing Persons Local governments only announced a joint program to tackle the troubling disappearances on Friday as concerned families call for more action. About six men have reappeared after going missing along the road, according to Associated Press. They said that armed men forced them to stop along the highway and that they were badly beaten and had their vehicles stolen. It is unclear what happened to the other missing people and if they were approached by similiar groups...
    A nanny who was hired to watch a couple's newborn surrogate baby has detailed how she is still raising him 10 months after he was born due to the COVID-19 pandemic, saying he now calls her 'mom.' Kristie Baysinger, 42, from Texas, has been sharing baby Alexander's heartbreaking story on TikTok, explaining that the baby boy has yet to meet his biological parents because they are unable to fly from the UK to pick him up. 'My agency called me and said: "Hey, can you come pick up this new surrogate baby from this surrogate who does not want to take him home?" So, we went to Oklahoma to pick him up,' she recalled in one clip.  Scroll down for video  Hard to handle: Nanny Kristie Baysinger, 42, from Texas, has been raising a couple's surrogate son, Alexander, since he was born 10 months ago due to the COVID-19 pandemic  Heartbreaking: Alexander's biological parents have been unable to fly from Scotland to the US, and he has yet to meet them Little did Kristie know that she'd be...
    EL PASO (CBSDFW.COM) — A 30-year-old Texas mother has been arrested and charged after she performed a ‘social experiment’, successfully sneaking into a middle school dressed as her teenaged daughter. Casey Garcia says she recorded and posted video of herself sneaking into the school to test campus security. READ MORE: 20-Year-Old Shohreh Rachelle Polozadeh Faces Murder Charge In Quincey Lamount Brooks Killing  Garcia, who according to jail records is 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs 105 pounds, dyed her hair and used skin tanner before making her way onto the Garcia Enriquez Middle School campus in San Elizario, about 20 miles southeast of El Paso. The mother said she provided her daughter’s ID number, was asked if she had signed in and was allowed into the building. Video posted on social media shows Garcia — who was wearing a face mask — entering the school, greeting people in the hallways, and going to different classes. She made it through all of the morning and most of the afternoon before being noticed by a teacher and turning herself in to...
    EL PASO, Texas -- A 30-year-old Texas mother has been arrested and charged after she performed a "social experiment," successfully sneaking into a middle school dressed as her teenaged daughter.Casey Garcia says she recorded and posted video of herself sneaking into the school to test campus security.Garcia, who according to jail records is 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs 105 pounds, dyed her hair and used skin tanner before making her way onto the Garcia Enriquez Middle School campus in San Elizario, about 20 miles southeast of El Paso.The mother said she provided her daughter's ID number, was asked if she had signed in and was allowed into the building.Video posted on social media shows Garcia - who was wearing a face mask - entering the school, greeting people in the hallways, and going to different classes. She made it through all of the morning and most of the afternoon before being noticed by a teacher and turning herself in to the principal.In a video she recorded moments before her arrest, Garcia has her phone as she walks out...
    EL PASO, Texas -- A 30-year-old Texas mother has been arrested and charged after she performed a "social experiment," successfully sneaking into a middle school dressed as her teenaged daughter.Casey Garcia says she recorded and posted video of herself sneaking into the school to test campus security.Garcia, who according to jail records is 4 feet, 11 inches tall and weighs 105 pounds, dyed her hair and used skin tanner before making her way onto the Garcia Enriquez Middle School campus in San Elizario, about 20 miles southeast of El Paso.The mother said she provided her daughter's ID number, was asked if she had signed in and was allowed into the building.Video posted on social media shows Garcia - who was wearing a face mask - entering the school, greeting people in the hallways, and going to different classes. She made it through all of the morning and most of the afternoon before being noticed by a teacher and turning herself in to the principal.In a video she recorded moments before her arrest, Garcia has her phone as she walks out...