Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 19:09:10
93 results - (0.010 seconds)

made it home:

latest news at page 1:
    Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr. is offering $100,000 for information leading to the return of his personal belongings after he says his Las Vegas home was recently burglarized.  Mayweather took to Instagram early Saturday morning to seek the help of his 26.5 million followers after he said his home was robbed of "valuable handbags and other belongings of substantial value." FORMER PANTHERS’ STAR THOMAS DAVIS SR. SAYS ‘IDIOT’ THIEVES STOLE AND WRECKED LUXURY MCLAREN  "One’s home is their sanctuary, place of peace, relaxation and comfort. When someone violates that sanctuary, it is disturbing and hurtful," he wrote in a post, which pictured a bag filled with cash. MIAMI GARDENS, FLORIDA - JUNE 06: Mayweather made at least $35 million from the $50 million that was made off of pay-per-view sales from his fight with Logan Paul this month. (Photo by Johnny Nunez/Getty Images) CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM "One of my homes was burglarized in Las Vegas. They stole many valuable handbags and other belongings of substantial value. I am offering at least $100,000.00 reward for...
    AT first I thought I had a brain tumour. Then, as the forgetfulness increased, I wondered if I was suffering with early-onset Alzheimer’s aged 47. The day I got into the car and couldn’t remember which side of the road to drive on was a low point. I had to go back into the house and ask my husband. 4Perimenopause made me think I had Alzheimer’s just as my kids hit hormone hell, says Lorraine Candy At the time, my two teenage daughters, now 17 and 18, thought this was hilarious. “Silly old Mum,” they giggled, “so daft she can’t even work out how to drive.” In their opinion, this was another reason they should be wearing “I’m With Stupid” T-shirts every time they appeared in public with me. I was a busy working mother with four kids, aged five to 15. and I was losing my marbles, unravelling in a cloud of inexplicable midlife rage. My life was a blur of school runs,...
    VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Venice resident of 45 years is making an emotional plea in a now viral video for the city of Los Angeles to address the homeless crisis."It's not safe anymore and my grandkids, who I adore, are afraid to come and visit me. Do you understand that? That is hell for me," the woman said in the video.That video in which she expressed her anger speaks to what Venice residents have been experiencing - not just on the boardwalk, but all over the community."I go walk down to that water everyday and I have for over 40 years and you know what - it's scary to me now. I don't think it's fair. Please, please, please. We do not want tent people living here. It's gotta stop," the woman says in the video.Venice resident Christina T. is a caretaker for her mother."My stress level is through the roof... We're locked inside," she told Eyewitness News.She says her niece and nephew can't visit either because it's too dangerous. She lives near a growing homeless encampment on Hampton...
    Satya Nadella, chief executive officer of Microsoft Corp., speaks during a Bloomberg event on the opening day of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, on Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020.Simon Dawson | Bloomberg | Getty Images After sending its employees home last year to reduce the spread of coronavirus, Microsoft has decided how it will operate with some employees on-site while others continue to contribute remotely. It's part of the company's new hybrid approach to work after it began to welcome some employees back to its U.S. headquarters in late March. The company recently shared some of the practices it has put in place for its new hybrid plan. Governments and companies have been eager for advice on how to approach returning to the office because missteps could cause problems. Simply ditching the tools that workers used at the height of the pandemic might lead to higher costs than necessary, and employees who don't feel supported in the new way of work might want to take other jobs. So, Microsoft is providing guidance. In doing so, it's emphasizing...
    A home cook has revealed her simple recipe for a guilt-free lasagne using sheets of zucchini instead of pasta. Rebecca 'Bec' Lee, from Sydney, shared a now-viral TikTok video showing exactly how she made the dish using beef mince, onion, egg, ricotta, a jar of classic tomato and basil sauce, cheddar cheese and parmesan. To make the comfort dish, she used zucchinis as a substitute for pasta sheets, offering a guilt-free, low-carb version of the classic recipe. 'Now when I say this is the best recipe I've ever cooked, I am not joking,' she said. Scroll down for video Rebecca 'Bec' Lee (pictured), from Sydney, shared a now-viral TikTok video showing exactly how she made an epic guilt-free zucchini lasagne (left) How to make zucchini lasagne  INGREDIENTS 500g beef mince 2 zucchinis 1 onion  1 egg 1 tbsp diced garlic  Dolmio classic tomato and basil sauce  1/2 parmesan cheese 375g Coles Light Smooth Ricotta  Handful of cheddar cheese Fresh basil, chopped Salt and pepper to season  METHOD Preheat oven to 180C.  Slice zucchinis lengthwise into thin slices, season with salt...
    More than 30 Australian cricket players, coaches and commentators have been left stranded in India after Sydney made it illegal for them to return with the threat of jail. It comes after stars Adam Zampa and Kane Richardson were able to arrive in Melbourne on Thursday on a commercial flight from Doha via a travel loophole. Prime Minister Scott Morrison said that route, and others through Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, had now been closed to put a total ban on travel from India, which recorded 400,000 new cases of coronavirus on Saturday.  The government yesterday went a step further as it unveiled an emergency bill that will see anyone arriving from India jailed for up to five years or fined up to £37,000.   Thirty-four Australians remain in India - 12 players, 11 coaches, four commentators, two umpires and five support staff, as well as a commentator from New Zealand who lives in Australia. Among the star players are Glenn Maxwell, Pat Cummins, Steve Smith and David Warner, while big names like Ricky Ponting, Simon Katich and David Hussey are coaching.  ...
    A STUNNED homeowner woke up to find more than one hundred e-scooters piled up outside his house. Baffled Shane Clarke, couldn't believe his eyes when he found the e-scooters stacked up outside his Bristol home on Friday evening - with even more left by Saturday morning. 6A Bristol resident woke up to more than a hundred e-scooters on his propertyCredit: SWNS The retired medic now suspects an app error for the Voi e-scooters is to blame. The 60-year-old said the app had removed all parking locations except for the spot outside his home near Elm Lane - leaving users no choice but to leave the electric scooters there. Shane said: "We lost count at one point so we might have broken the hundred mark. ''What would be really helpful is if somebody had said 'sorry about this, we'll work on it'. "The sub-contractors who came to collect them said 'bloody hell we've not seen anything like this'." And he...
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — FBI says it interviewed suspect in FedEx shooting last year after police made mental health call to his home. Copyright © 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.
    FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – An early morning fire left a home near Fort Lauderdale in ruins. Just after 3 a.m., Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue received word of a residential house fire in the 4600 block of SW 19th Street in Broadview Park. READ MORE: I Am Absolutely Not Resigning: Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz Doubles Down On Possible Sex Crimes Denial When firefighters arrived they found heavy smoke and flames shooting through the roof. READ MORE: No Second Breach At Toxic Waste Water Pond Near Tampa Bay Approximately 30 firefighters aggressively fought the fire which was brought under control in about 30 minutes. Fire ripped through Broadview Park home. (CBS4) No injuries were reported. The family of four is receiving assistance from the Red Cross MORE NEWS: Race To Vaccinate: Miami Dade College North Campus Switches To Johnson & Johnson Vaccine The cause of the fire is under investigation.
    A ninth woman has come forward to accuse New York Governor Andrew Cuomo of sexual misconduct.  The woman has not been named yet but she is expected to appear at a press conference with her attorney Gloria Allred later today.  According to an email statement from Allred's office, the governor kissed the woman without her consent outside her home. The woman is married, Allred said, and there is a photograph of the moment it happened. More details are expected at 2.30pm today.   The woman, who is married, will explain why the Governor was at her home and who witnessed the kiss,' Allred said.   New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has been accused of misconduct by a ninth woman  She is the ninth woman to accuse the embattled governor of sexual misconduct. Others have complained about a toxic work environment they say he created.  Despite the mounting allegations and an ongoing investigation by the New York Attorney General's office, Cuomo is refusing to stand down. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Ted Cruz posts video of moment Biden...
    TURNING a house into a home can be pretty expensive - filling each and every room with your most treasured bits and pieces. But if there's one person who knows how to do it on the cheap, it's Stacey Solomon, who has long been turning to DIY to create the perfect home for her family. 16Stacey Solomon is the queen of making her house a home for her partner Joe Swash and their kidsCredit: staceysolomon / instagram 16The couple recently bought their "forever home" - a huge cottage in EssexCredit: Instagram The Loose Women star, 31, revealed the exciting news last week that she and her partner Joe Swash had found their £1.2million "forever home" - and recently spent the first night in their new pad. The couple, with their son Rex, one, and Stacey's boys Zachary, 11, Leighton, eight, decided to upgrade their Essex pad to an enormous picturesque property not that far away from their usual stomping ground. Admitting the house needs "love and TLC", the mum-of-three and fiancé Joe Swash hinted they may be renovating the...
    TEEN Mom 2 fans slammed Chelsea Houska's new home décor product as "disappointing." Many of the 29-year-old's fans said the product looks like something a child would make. ????  Follow all our latest news & stories on Teen Mom. 13Teen Mom 2 fans slammed Chelsea's new home decor productCredit: Instagram 13She shared a snap of the product on the Aubree Says Instagram pageCredit: Instagram @aubreesays 13Fans agreed the decoration was 'disappointing'Credit: Instagram @aubreesays Chelsea promoted the new product in an Instagram post on her company Aubree Says' page. Alongside a snap of a wall décor piece, the caption read: "We’ve spent the past few weeks developing awesome new products to add to the collection. We need your help making some final decisions. Who LOVES this new art?" A number of Teen Mom 2 fans took to the comments section to slam the decoration. While one person said it was "kind of disappointing," another admitted: "I’m not feelin it." Many Instagram users responded to the question in the post, as one person said "Ehhh, no" and another wrote: "Not really. I...
    THE death of Cleveland Strangler Anthony Sowell has been celebrated by the daughter of one of his victims, who has said “God made it happen”. Sowell, 61, was sentenced to the Chillicothe Correctional Institution after killing 11 women and leaving their bodies to rot around his Cleveland, Ohio, home. 6Sowell died on Monday afternoonCredit: Zuma Press All rights reserved. 6The missing persons board across the street from Anthony Sowell's home in 2009Credit: AP:Associated Press He was jailed at the Chillicothe Correctional Institution in Ohio, but had been receiving end-of-life care for a terminal illness at the Franklin Medical Center up until his death on Monday afternoon.  State prison officials notified the victims' families of his death. "I am glad he is dead," said Donnita Carmichael, the daughter of victim Tonia Carmichael. "God made it happen. I will never ever ever forgive him." Police in Cleveland were investigating the former Marine in a rape case when they entered his home in the Mount Pleasant neighborhood of the city on October 29, 2009. There, officers found two bodies. As police continued to search...
    The pandemic made me realize why I love New York City, and there's no place I'd rather live. Joey Hadden/Insider; Kena Betancur/Getty Images Insider After relocating to my mom's house in Austin, Texas, when my office went remote in March, I was eager to return to the city in late July. When I came back, my life was very different. I was working from home, I had new roommates, and many of my friends had moved out of the city. But feeling alone helped me appreciate the people around me, and made me take advantage of New York's parks, outdoor restaurants, and pedestrian streets. Being back in the city made me realize that this is my home now, even in hard times. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. My mom sent seven plants to my apartment the day I flew back to New York City.  I left the city in March of 2020, just before the coronavirus crisis accelerated and forced businesses, libraries, churches, and residents into lockdown. I spent most of the spring in...
    Man who called 2008 stock-market top says we are in ‘real humdinger’ of a bubble IIHS: Rear Automated Emergency Braking Is Standout Safety Feature These $19k SUVs Will Make You Trade in Your Car Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/5 SLIDES © Provided by Best Life If You Have This Pre-Made Meal at Home, the USDA Says Throw It Out Now Looking to start 2021 in better health? There's no time like the present to start purging that fridge—and there's one item in particular you should get rid of after a health alert from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The department's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is recommending that anyone who bought a popular pre-made enchilada meal toss it immediately. Read on to find out if you should be clearing this dish out of your home. And while you're cleaning out your kitchen, If You Have This Spice in Your Pantry, the FDA Says Check It Immediately. On Jan. 7, the FSIS issued a health...
    One person said getting a fitness tracker for her dog improved both of their health. Zing Images/Getty Images While the coronavirus pandemic has led some people to put fitness on the backburner, some with the luxury to do so have invested in it.  Nine people told Insider the best purchases they've made this year for their physical health, including stationary bikes, a massage gun, and entry in a virtual race.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. If there was ever a year to glue your behind to your couch, kiss buff body aspirations goodbye, and watch your daily step count sink to new lows, 2020 was it.  And while some people did indeed indulge their sedentary sides, and others necessarily forewent fitness as caretaking and work responsibilities took priority, many with the luxury to be able to do so invested in fitness — and reaped the rewards. Here are the purchases nine people made that most improved their fitness this year. With a long winter indoors looming, it's not too late to follow their leads.  A Hydrow...
    The Wises' tiny house. Courtesy of Jilan Wise After living in their tiny house for two years with their two children, Jilan and Josh Wise decided to buy a traditional home in Las Vegas, park their tiny house in the backyard, and list it on Airbnb.  The couple spent $1,000 getting the tiny house ready for guests.  In the first 30 days, they became Super Hosts on Airbnb, and in one year, they earned over $21,000, which they used to buy a car and go on vacation.  "Some of the success came from keeping it affordable," Jilan said. "I don't remember a weekend that we didn't have somebody stay with us. It was a constant flow."  They also had to spend a total of $3,500 on deep cleaning and fixing damage to the tiny house. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. When Jilan and Josh Wise wanted to settle down in Las Vegas, they knew they had to move out of their tiny house.  Because local zoning laws prevent people from living in a tiny house full-time...
    PLAISTOW, NH (CBS) – A lost toy returns home. In Pixar’s Toy Story franchise, Sheriff Woody Pride is known to get separated from his owner. So when an employee at the Home Depot in Plaistow, New Hampshire found a doll in the parking lot, coworkers put the word out on social media– and had some fun along the way. Employee Sarah Huberdeau shared, “there was an associate in lumber that was like ‘let’s have him cut on the saw!’ And the associate in paint was obviously like ‘oh yeah, let’s have him mix paint!'” Woody has been taken in by employees at a Home Depot in New Hampshire until they find his owner (Courtesy Photo) Soon, a variety of fun photos featuring Woody appeared on Facebook, whether he was busy working on the computer, taking a bath, or cleaning. The hope was that the more the post was shared on social media, the better the chances were that Woody’s owner would find out. Huberdeau told WBZ-TV, “It was just great. I mean the reason for doing this was that...
    A 19-year-old Australian cook has shared his very simple recipe to recreate McDonald's-inspired McChicken burger at home. Morgan Hipworth, from Melbourne, shared the recipe in a now-viral TikTok video showing exactly how he made the classic burger, with many foodies insisting it's 'even better than the real thing'. To make the burger, the teenager first combined spices such as garlic and onion powder, celery salt and potato flour together to form a dry mix, which ultimately provides the flavoursome taste.   Scroll down for video  Morgan Hipworth, from Melbourne, (pictured) shared the recipe in a now-viral TikTok video showing exactly how he made the classic burger How to recreate Morgan's McDonald's-inspired McChicken INGREDIENTS 1 chicken breast Brioche buns Shredded iceberg lettuce Vegetable oil FOR THE WET MIX 50g potato flour 50g rice flour 1 egg Water (if needed FOR THE DRY MIX  100g potato flour 100g rice flour 1tsp celery salt 1tsp garlic powder 1tsp onion powder 1tsp black pepper MAYONNAISE  50g kewpie mayonnaise 10ml pickle juice (liquid from pickles) METHOD  Morgan has recreated the classic...
    Angel Moises Rodriguez-Gomez, 36, is in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement because he is in the United States illegally. He is accused of breaking into neighbor Hannah Viverette's apartment on November 22  A 'stalker' accused of breaking into a woman's home while she was recording a TikTok video is now in the custody of Immigration and Customs Enforcement because he is in the United States illegally.  Angel Moises Rodriguez-Gomez, 36, was arrested and charged with burglary, assault, stalking and destruction of property after he burst into Hannah Viverette's apartment in Hagerstown, Maryland on November 22.  Rodriguez-Gomez was subsequently released on bail, but was detained again on Thursday for immigration violations.  According to TMZ, Rodriguez-Gomez is a Mexican national who arrived in the US unlawfully.  ICE officials told the publication that agents took him to their Baltimore Field Office for questioning and he was subsequently detained while awaiting a hearing. It is unclear whether he will be deported. Rodriguez-Gomez lives in the same apartment complex as Viverette, and she says he had made 'uncomfortable advances' toward her prior to the night...
    Airbnb, the home rental company that will make its market debut next week, is making it harder to book apartments on New Year’s Eve in Paris, New York, London and other top destinations to limit the risks of illegal parties in the time of COVID-19. As of Thursday, travelers who don’t have positive reviews on their Airbnb profile won’t be able to rent a place for a single night on Dec. 31 in the United States, France, Britain, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Spain, the San Francisco-based company said in a statement. People planning to spend the last day of the year in properties let through Airbnb will also have to pledge they won’t organize any parties on New Year’s Eve and they are aware of the legal charges they might face if they fail to abide by the rule, the company said. All bookings made under previous conditions will be maintained, Airbnb said. But it added that most single-day reservations aimed at organizing large year-end gatherings were usually made in December. Last-minute bookings by people seeking to rent a...
    More On: airbnb Airbnb exec resigned over concerns company shared too much data with China Airbnb files for IPO, reveals widening losses and falling revenue Airbnb cancels alleged Proud Boys’ reservation ahead of Trump rally Airbnb reportedly to make IPO filing public next week despite COVID-19 Airbnb, the home rental company that will make its market debut next week, is making it harder to book apartments on New Year’s Eve in Paris, New York, London and other top destinations to limit the risks of illegal parties in the time of COVID-19. As of Thursday, travelers who don’t have positive reviews on their Airbnb profile won’t be able to rent a place for a single night on Dec. 31 in the United States, France, Britain, Canada, Mexico, Australia and Spain, the San Francisco-based company said in a statement. People planning to spend the last day of the year in properties let through Airbnb will also have to pledge they won’t organize any parties on New Year’s Eve and they are aware of the legal charges they might face if they...
    McKINNEY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A new opportunity has come along for North Texans struggling to pay their rents and mortgages. The City of McKinney is about to break ground on a large neighborhood of Habitat for Humanity homes unlike any that have ever been built. Sharon and Curtis Palmore explored the bedrooms and kitchen in disbelief. “I think it’s beautiful,” said Sharon. “It really has blown away what I thought it was going to be.” That’s because the three bedroom and two bath home with an upstairs balcony they toured was built using two steel shipping containers. Habitat For Humanity shipping container home in McKinney (J.D. Miles – CBS 11) The 1,200 square foot model home opened for tours to show what Habitat for Humanity plans to build on 35 lots in McKinney starting in January. Habitat for Humanity of North Texas CEO Celeste Cox said the need right now is great. They’ve seen a huge increase during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is the first Habitat for Humanity home in the country to be built out of shipping containers according...
    Actor Kevin Sorbo is mocking California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s (D) coronavirus curfew that requires residents of most counties to shelter at home between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. daily starting Saturday. Gov. Newsom announced the curfew on Thursday as COVID-19 cases continue to rise across the state. “Non-essential work and gatherings must stop from 10pm-5am in counties in the purple tier. This will take effect at 10pm on Saturday and remain for 1 month,” the governor tweeted. Among the counties impacted by the curfew are Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Riverside, Santa Cruz, Napa, and Santa Clara. Counties in central California that fall under the purple tier include Kern, Fresno, Kings, and San Luis Obispo. Kevin Sorbo, who lives in California, mocked Gov. Newsom’s order while also questioning the effectiveness of lockdowns. “I almost got Covid back in august, thankfully I made it back to my house at 9:58 PM, right before the 10 PM curfew,” the Hercules actor tweeted. I almost got Covid back in august, thankfully I made it back to my house at 9:58 PM, right before the...
    LET'S be honest - the first place we lived after moving out of home wasn't quite as glamorous as we imagined. But while most people make do with a cheap cupboard-sized rented room in a shared house, one savvy couple have been able to side-step this rite of passage by doing up a drab and dated bungalow. 4Young homeowners Kate and Paul had been saving for their dream home for five yearsCredit: @k4te_1/TikTok And the results are seriously impressive. Young homeowners Kate and Paul have shared their home transformation journey in a TikTok video which has been viewed by over 4.5 MILLION people. Amazingly, the couple revealed they had been saving for the house since they were 18 years old. In February, the 23-year-olds purchased a 1930s bungalow together and have spent lockdown transforming it into their dream home. Two months later, Kate and Paul stripped the walls of the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living room. In their first Instagram post, Kate said: "We were told that the previous owner loved the bungalow very much and we can see...
    A WOMAN has revealed how her husband made her a light-up bed using cheap radiator boards, three pieces of wood and LED lights. Sheri Nicola Scott, 52, from South Stifford, in Essex, said she asked her partner Sean Donnelly, 52, to make her a fancy headboard and he came up with the clever hack.  5Sheri Scott showed off the incredible light-up bed her partner made for her with LED lights Sheri, who has worked in a local sandwich shop for nine years, said she desperately wanted a rustic look in her new bedroom after the couple moved into their home together last Christmas.  Sean, who works as an electrician, has been working his way around the house - completing DIY jobs and giving the property the TLC it required. Sheri shared her husband’s genius headboard hack on Facebook, writing: "Asked hubby for a headboard and this is what he made me..  "Thank you all so much...we are aiming to paint it but not sure what colour yet.  5Sheri Nicola Scott and husband Sean Donnelly "It was made on a budget...
    The "Snow Haus" is a 7-bedroom home in California's Lake Tahoe area that looks snow-covered year-round. Tahoe Real Estate Photography A 7-bedroom home in Lake Tahoe, California, that looks like it's made out of snow just hit the market for $2.65 million.  Called the "Snow Haus," it resembles an igloo in parts of the home and snowdrifts in others. The home is reminiscent of the Alpine chalets of Bavaria, Germany, with a gently sloping wooden roof and overhanging eaves. Take a look inside the unusual home, which comes with a wood-burning oven and wine cellar. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
    Manny Margot flips over the guardrail in right field to make an impressive inning-ending snag. Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports Right fielder Manuel "Manny" Margot was the breakout star of the Tampa Bay Rays' 4-2 victory over the Houston Astros in Game 2 of their ALCS series. Margot started off the game with a three-run blast — his fourth home run of the entire season — to put the Rays ahead early. The 26 year old also made a stunning second-inning snag in which he flipped over the guardrail and landed off the field to make the out against George Springer. After the game, Margot said he "definitely" enjoyed the home run more than the catch because "the home run didn't hurt, and it definitely helped us gain the lead." Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Manuel "Manny" Margot got off to a hot start Monday to become the Tampa Bay Rays' latest breakout star. But even though his stunning, acrobatic second-inning snag has made headlines and been called one of the best of the season, the...
    Samantha Lee/Insider It's great you've been honest with your partner about how you feel. But instead of just sharing feelings, request specific types of help from her, like pitching in with household chores or giving you space to vent. To keep yourself on track during the workday, write out your schedule hour by hour. You could also work virtually with a friend or coworker to boost morale. Have a question for Julia? Fill out this anonymous form. All questions will be published anonymously. You can read more Doing It Right here.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. My partner works for herself, and has always had sporadic hours — occasionally working hard and late for a few days or weeks, and then, in the long interims, clocking maybe three or four hours putzing on the computer. I, on the other hand, have a 9 to 5 job (which is more like a 9 to 7). Since lockdown, sharing the space with her has made me not only resentful, but less effective at my job. I really like my...
    Hed: True Blue Denver jazz cornetist Ron Miles just dropped his latest album on Blue Note Records. When Denver-based cornetist Ron Miles recorded an album last fall, he had no idea it would come out on Blue Note Records, the renowned jazz label with an eight-decade legacy. Miles made the album, most of which was written when his father was near the end of his life, over a weekend in New York with guitarist Bill Frisell, drummer Brian Blade, bassist Thomas Morgan and pianist Jason Moran. A few months after recording the album, Frisell, who released his last two records on Blue Note, asked Miles if those tracks they made together had a home yet. While there were already a few labels interested, Frisell asked if he could play the collection for Don Was, who took over as president of Blue Note in 2012. Related Stories Colorado Music Hall of Fame Honors East High School Denver-Bred Ron Miles and Bill Frisell Are Among the Greatest Collaborators in Jazz Love Reigned at the Colorado Music Hall of Fame's...
    Kendra Muecke calls Los Angeles home these days, but for two years she lived in Denver. Although her time in Colorado was short, it made enough of an impact that she focused an entire album around one song inspired by a trip through the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge. “They have a buffalo-roaming area out there,” Muecke says. “I had just written this poem about buffalo. I drove through this section of this national park and then wrote the chord progression in the buffalo roaming area to the 'Buffalo Walk' song. So it’s always been super close to my heart.” She shelved 'Buffalo Walk' until she could properly record it, but it later served as the center of her third album of Thank you, which dropped on September 25. Muecke, who performs as Kendra & the Bunnies, considers the fifteen tracks of psychedelic-tinged Americana to be a concept album of sorts that centers around "Buffalo Walk," the last track on the record.Related Stories Playing Wind Instruments and Singing Can Spread COVID-19. Now What? Jayme Stone Wrestles With...
    Michelle Obama is reflecting on her family's time living in the White House, recalling times she'd 'hide out' in sweatpants while watching bad TV, and how her daughters preferred decor from Crate & Barrel over fancy, historic stuff. When they moved into the White House, the Obamas hired interior designer Michael S. Smith to lead the renovations of the residence, and Smith is offering an intimate look at the home in a new volume called Designing History: The Extraordinary Art & Style of the Obama White House.  Mrs. Obama, 56, wrote the foreword for the book, in which she details how Smith helped her achieve the warmth and comfort she wanted for her family's eight years in the country's most famous house. Inside scoop: In a new book foreword for an interior design book, Michelle Obama reflected on her family's time living in the White House - and how she turned it into a family home  Making it a home: In the foreword, Obama, 56, talks about how she worked with an interior designer to make the White House a place...
    2 Chicago police and a suspect are hospitalized after traffic stop shootout The most historic restaurant in every state I Made My Own Kombucha At Home With This All-In-One Kit — & It Was Shockingly Easy I’m allergic to wheat, a big believer in organic, and always up for trying the latest nutritional brands. Consequently, I feel like I need to take out a second mortgage every time I go grocery shopping. Health food is expensive, so needless to say, it wasn’t ideal when I got hooked on Kombucha. After a few years of dropping $6 on every 16-ounce bottle, I realized something had to give.  © Provided by The Daily Beast Photo Illustration by Scouted/The Daily Beast/Amazon Every year, I participate in a Secret Santa exchange with my partner’s massive family; we all compile wishlists to make it easier on the gift-giver, and this past year, the Kombucha Shop’s Kombucha Starter Kit was the only item on mine. Shocker! I got it — along with some swing-top brewing bottles, because my sister-in-law is awesome — and thus began...
    If you can’t get out to McDonald’s, just make your own. A dad from England was participating in a challenge to recreate famous dishes from popular restaurant brands, and he appears to have taken the competition very seriously. In fact, he claims he ended up recreating the majority of the McDonald’s menu — and obtained official packaging from a nearby McDonald’s to complete the look. Jamie Rust, from Essex, won the competition, which was hosted by Altons BBQ World, Lad Bible reports. Rust reportedly even got his hands on a McDonald’s uniform to help show off his spread. MCDONALD'S EMPLOYEE SEEN HITTING 'AGGRESSIVE' CUSTOMER WITH SPATULA DURING ALTERCATION Rust boasted of his creations on Instagram, telling his followers he spent 24 hours making all of the various food items, which include a Big Mac, a double sausage Egg McMuffin, a McChicken sandwich, a Quarter Pounder, Chicken Nuggets, an Oreo McFlurry and many other popular items from the McDonald’s menu. Rust spoke with Lad Bible about the experience, and explained that he’s a “keen” BBQ cook who began taking his hobby more seriously during the...
    ON Monday, the drummer from Queen popped up on our screens to apologise for the A-level results fiasco. OK, it’s actually a different Roger Taylor that heads up Ofqual but, quite frankly, the man who belted out the beat to Another One Bites The Dust, Hammer To Fall, and Under Pressure (oh, the irony) might have made a better job of being in charge of this year’s non-exams. 7This dodgy grading was Taylor-made to fail... and those dunces knew it, writes Jane Moore (picture shows A-level students receiving their grades)Credit: Reuters Particularly as the Ofqual knew full well that using algorithms to make decisions on the future of young people was always going to be dodgy. How did he know this? Because last year he led a study which warned that, er, using algorithms to make decisions rather than humans had the potential to cause “real harm” when making “important decisions about people’s lives”. And so it came to pass. Worse, Ofqual and the Government knew full well this train wreck was coming because they saw it hit the buffers...
    Lindsay and Eric Wood. Frank Olito/ Insider Lindsay and Eric Wood had paid $65,000 for a $90,000 tiny house when the construction company went out of business, leaving their home half-finished. But that wasn't the only problem — they said what had been built had not been done so correctly. The house had the wrong tires and axles, and had a wrongly sized hatch. Other tiny home owners shared similar experiences, and their accounts point to a larger issue within the tiny house movement: Construction is unregulated, leaving owners vulnerable to shoddy work and companies going out of business. Zack Giffin, host of "Tiny House Nation," said the absence of a uniform set of guidelines for building tiny houses means some companies are cutting corners and delivering sub-standard work. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. If you Google the term "tiny house," you'll probably find eye-candy photos of small spaces expertly decorated. You may find the hit Netflix series "Tiny House Nation" that shows everyday people easily downsizing their lives into mini-mansions.  But for some of the...
    Virus updates: 13 nuns die in Michigan convent Online grocery sales soaring in the Middle East and the trend may continue, says retail giant Majid Al Futtaim After the 2008 housing crisis, a lot of people made big money buying up foreclosed homes and renting them out — and it shows one response to a financial crash © Provided by Business Insider Peter Dazeley/Getty Ryan Dezember is a reporter for The Wall Street Journal, writing about financial markets and investors. He previously wrote about the oil industry from the Journal's Houston bureau. Before that he worked as a reporter for the Mobile Register, reporting on the real-estate boom and bust for coastal Alabama's daily newspaper. The following is an excerpt from his new book, "UNDERWATER: How Our American Dream of Homeownership Became a Nightmare." In it, Dezember dives into how, following the housing crash, foreclosed homes became a new rental opportunity. The Blackstone Group, the world's largest real estate investor, funded a group called Treehouse — later renamed Invitation Homes — which eventually would spend $150 million on foreclosed houses each week. Visit...
    Priyanka Chopra Jonas' BON V!V Spiked Seltzer cocktail's was easy to make at home. BON V!V/Samantha Grindell/Insider Priyanka Chopra Jonas recently became a creative advisor for BON V!V spiked seltzer. In her new role, Chopra Jonas created the "Make Me Blush" cocktail, a boozy popsicle drink inspired by the classic Arnold Palmer. I re-created the "Make Me Blush" at home using Bon V!V's Brunch Box, which contained most of the supplies I needed, and I was surprised by how refreshing the drink was. Chopra Jonas also told Insider some of her tricks for the perfect at-home brunch, like experimenting with foods and wearing a two-piece or wrap dress to elevate the experience. Editor's note: Bon V!V provided Insider with a Brunch Box, which usually retails for $50, for review. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
    A MUM-OF-THREE revealed how she moved her parents in - to get some much needed alone time with her husband. Carer Sam Pettit, 48, and her husband Robert, 68, a property investor, spent £300,000 buying a rundown 30 room hotel and renovating it into a huge family home. 13Left-right - grandma/mum Carol Jolly, 78, grandad/dad Pat Jolly, 84, daughter/grandaughter Ella, 11, husband/step-dad Robert, 68, mum/daughter/wife Sam Pettit, 48,Credit: Alley Einstein The couple, from Blackpool, Lancs, now live in a multi-generational residence just like MasterChef judge Gregg Wallace, 55, and his wife Anna, 33. Gregg lives in Kent with his 11-month-old son Sid and 23-year-old daughter from a previous relationship - as well as Anna’s mum Rina and dad Massimo. But Sam and Robert took things one step further, with four generations of their family all living under one roof. And, perhaps surprisingly, Sam says the set-up has not only made them a better family - but improved their sex life too. Speaking exclusively to Fabulous, she reveals all... 13Gregg Wallace, pictured with son Sid, 11 months, and wife Anna, lives...
    I dunked the chicken into the coating and egg wash (left) and placed it in the hot oil (right). Rachel Askinasi/Insider Insider Dan Fell became an internet sensation after posting his copycat recipe for KFC fried chicken on Twitter in April.  Fell said that after toying with the mixture of spices and oil temperature over the course of 18 months, he finally got his chicken to taste just like the chain's. As a fried chicken connoisseur, I gave his recipe a try in my own kitchen. It was overall a success, though next time I'd change the cooking time, as I found that some pieces took longer to cook all the way through. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. I'm not a die-hard KFC fan, but I do consider myself a connoisseur of fried chicken. Back in April, I spoke with Dan Fell, a home cook who spent 18 months developing a copycat KFC fried chicken recipe. He told Insider that he made the chicken more than 30 times before he deemed it good enough...
    Event of Laughs is a kind of exhibits that might solely have been invented throughout our present lockdown. Sudeikis sits in a studio just about by himself and performs clueless studio host as he stitches collectively the heated competitors that pits 32 comedians and their made-from-home movies in a March Insanity-style bracket. Can a bunch of stand-up comedians be humorous when the one one they’re speaking to is a camer Opening Shot: Throughout a gap montage displaying sports activities in pre-COVID days, the voice of Jason Sudeikis goes, “Impressed by sporting occasions steeped in traditions, however with not one of the sports activities, and not one of the custom… 32 comedians, 5 rounds, 1 tv extravaganza.” The Gist: The bracket consists of four areas: The East, The West, The South and “Unknown, Most likely Canada”. Within the first episode, we watch eight of the 16 matchups, with two matchups from coming from every bracket; on the finish of the episode, viewer votes on the present’s web site decide who goes to the subsequent spherical. The movies fluctuate from pretty elaborate,...