Monday, Aug 08, 2022 - 15:30:57
60 results - (0.009 seconds)

she said no:

latest news at page 1:
    TULSA, Okla. – Rick Frazier drove more than 750 miles from Ohio to Tulsa to be one of the first campers in line for President Donald Trump's first rally in months, undeterred by a days-long wait in searing heat, the growing risk of coronavirus or a lukewarm reception from local officials. The 64-year-old is among scores of supporters who have brought their vans, tents, campers and Trump flags to the parking lots and sidewalks outside the 19,000-seat BOK Center, and who say what matters most is being there to see the president take the stage on Saturday — and to be sure he knows they have his back. “The big thing is to go in and support the president,” said Frazier, who arrived Tuesday for what will be his 21st Trump rally. Frazier said he feels safe, noting he and other campers are using hand sanitizer to prevent spread of COVID-19. Trump rallies are known for being big events with a sometimes festival-like atmosphere, and have always drawn die-hard fans who sleep outside for days to secure...
    Kathy Lueders, NASA's newly appointed head of human spaceflight operations, declined to give a yes-or-no answer Thursday when asked whether she believes NASA can put astronauts back on the moon by the end of 2024 as called for by the Trump administration. "I don't have a crystal ball," she told NASA Watch during a teleconference. "I wish I knew that answer, it would make my job a lot easier. We're going to try. We're going to try, right? Sometimes it's the trying that gets us closer to the goal than the not trying." While most space observers view the 2024 goal as unrealistic — one former NASA manager recently called it a "pipe dream" — Lueders said, "if you start and you say I can't get there, well, you're not going to get there." Get Breaking News Delivered to Your Inbox "You've got to start and try to get there," she said. "If things come up along the way where technically it takes us longer, then we'll go figure it out. But right now, the team is trying." Kathy Lueders...
    CHICAGO — As people flock to bars and restaurants to enjoy a delayed patio season, workers say they have been “completely overlooked” in reopening plans. The city entered Phase 3 of reopening from coronavirus on June 3, allowing restaurants to open for patio service with strict safety precautions. Bars and breweries can join them in reopening as of Wednesday. But obedience to the these guidelines — requiring guests wear face masks when not eating and social distance — has been mixed, which has servers like Alicia Rottman concerned about returning to work. “Just because the state says it’s OK to open up doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s safe to,” said Rottman, who’s worked in the industry for 15 years. “I think the consensus is we’re going to see a big pop in cases maybe a month into reopening and that will largely fall on us.” Rottman said she fell into a panic after her employer, who she declined to name for fear of retribution, texted her last week asking if she’d considered coming back to work. She asked what steps would...
    Officials announced on Tuesday that there was no weapon found in the car of Hannah Fizer, who was shot and killed by a Missouri county sheriff’s deputy on Saturday. Authorities say 25-year-old Hannah Fizer told the deputy she had a gun and threatened to shoot him, but her parents aren’t buying ithttps://t.co/sCDoE2Pr4h — New York Post (@nypost) June 15, 2020 The Missouri State Highway Patrol, according to ABC News, said that Fizer was shot after she told the deputy she had a gun and threatened to shoot him. Patrol spokesman Bill Lowe said that investigators did not find a gun in Fizer’s vehicle. (RELATED: ‘Somebody’s Gotta Help Me’: Video Shows California Inmate Who Died In Custody Pleading For Help) Lowe said that there was no new evidence to explain why the situation escalated and that nobody else was hurt in the incident, per ABC News. Lowe also said the investigation is a priority, but could take up to a month to complete reports and send information to the district attorney. The deputy, who has not been identified, was placed on...
    LIBERTY, Mo. (AP) — Investigators found no weapon inside a vehicle driven by a Missouri woman who was shot and killed by a sheriff’s deputy over the weekend, authorities said Tuesday. Hannah Fizer, 25, died Saturday night after being shot by a Pettis County deputy following a traffic stop. The Missouri State Highway Patrol, which is investigating the shooting, initially said Fizer was shot after she said she had a gun and threatened to shoot the deputy. Investigators who searched her car did not find a weapon, patrol spokesman Bill Lowe said Tuesday. He said no new information was available to explain why the situation escalated into a shooting. No one else was injured during the confrontation. Fizer was stopped after she ran a red light as she drove to work Saturday night, the patrol said. She kept going even as the deputy tried to stop her, but she eventually pulled over. Fizer’s family and friends expressed doubt that she had a gun. Her father, John Fizer, said Monday that his daughter never carried a gun and she was...
    New York (CNN Business)The final photos journalist Linda Tirado took around midnight on May 30, while covering the protests in Minneapolis, show what appears to be a police officer aiming a foam bullet gun right at her. Shortly after, Tirado was hit in the face with a foam bullet, which broke the goggles she was wearing and left her permanently blind in one eye. "There were protesters behind me, police in front of me, but you can see from the clarity of the photo that there wasn't gas around us," Tirado, a freelance journalist and author, told CNN's Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday. "There's no way that they could have mistaken me — with a professional camera — for anything but working press," she said.Now Tirado is suing the City of Minneapolis, its police chief and others over her injury. Read MoreTirado is just one of hundreds of journalists who have been assaulted, arrested or harassed while covering the nationwide demonstrations over the death of George Floyd at the hands of police. Like in Tirado's case, many such attacks...
    New Jersey officials released a set of rules for public and private swim clubs, which are set to open Monday, June 22. "Social-distancing is the only tool we've got," State Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli said, noting maximum capacity will be limited to 50 percent. No pool toys such as kick-boards, snorkels or noodles will be allowed in the pool to limit the opportunity of sharing items. Everyone must stay at a safe distance both while in the water and on the pool deck, she said. Face coverings are required for those above the age of two only on the pool deck, Persichilli said.  Masks are not to be worn in the water, and lifeguards also are not allowed to wear cloth face coverings, she said. Here are other rules noted by Persichilli:Pools should stagger entrance at entry and exit points to avoid congregationSignage should be posted urging people with COVID-19 symptoms to stay homeSign-ins will be mandatory for potential contact-tracing effortsClubs are required to provide hand sanitizing stationsLocker rooms and changing areas will be limited for social distancingStaff must be screened for...
    DIXON, Ill. (AP) - The end-of-the-year field trip concluded in Kimberly Bork’s class during the last week of May, but it wasn’t a typical one. Bork’s fourth-grade students at Madison School finished the year exploring the national parks, and then documented their trip and experiences in a report. No real travel was necessary, but planning was a requirement: The itinerary, the fuel mileage, the expenses – it’s a tough project for 10-year-olds to grasp, but Bork’s students come through every year and expand their knowledge of the real world. TOP STORIES Coronavirus hype biggest political hoax in history On sad anniversary, few to mourn the D-Day dead in Normandy MSNBC seeks $333k after defeating defamation suit filed over reporting of pro-Trump network OAN Getting the most out of her kids always is the goal for Bork, 46, April’s recipient of Sauk Valley Media and KSB Hospital’s Dixon Amazing Teachers Award. This year’s bunch amazed her so much that she shed a tear or two while she graded the projects Thursday evening. “I’m amazed about what these kids have been...