Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Feb 01, 2023 - 16:35:09
106 results - (0.002 seconds)

not aware:

latest news at page 1:
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Wednesday it is “not aware” of any video of deputies from Hennepin and Ramsey counties fatally shooting Winston Smith atop an Uptown Minneapolis parking ramp last week. The BCA is asking anyone who captured video of the shooting to contact investigators at 651-793-7000. READ MORE: 2 Men Critically Injured In Minneapolis Gas Station Shooting RELATED: Winston Smith’s Family Holds Vigil, Demands Transparency The bureau also said it cannot release the identity of the two deputies who fired at Smith because they were working undercover. A federal task force made up of deputies from several Minnesota law enforcement agencies and U.S. Marshals confronted Smith at the top of a parking ramp on Lake Street June 3. READ MORE: Twin Cities Pride Returns With New Events And An Uncertain Future Officials said Smith, who was wanted for a felony firearms violation, wouldn’t surrender and pulled out a gun. It was then that a Hennepin County deputy and a Ramsey County deputy shot him. The Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office said he...
    John Bolton denied having any knowledge of a call between Rudy Giuliani and Ukraine officials in 2019, which occurred while Bolton served as national security adviser to President Donald Trump. This week, CNN obtained audio of a call between Giuliani, Andriy Yermak, a top adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, and Kurt Volker, a former United States diplomat who later testified in Trump’s first impeachment trial. While sitting down with Bolton on Tuesday, MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell played a recording of the call, which reportedly occurred days before Trump’s infamous call with Zelensky. The conversation between the two presidents, during which Trump is heard telling Zelenskiy to contact Giuliani just moments before asking the Ukrainian president to “find out about” Biden’s son Hunter, ultimately prompted Trump’s first impeachment. “Rudy’s role — you were aware of it at the time? How do you explain Rudy Giuliani pressuring the Ukrainian government this way on behalf of President Trump?” Mitchell asked Bolton, who controversially decided not to testify during the first impeachment trial. “Unfortunately, what I was aware of at the time was how much I...
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt star Ellie Kemper has apologized for taking part in a 1999 Missouri pageant that once banned black members and celebrated the wealthy white elite, saying she was not aware at the time of its 'racist, sexist and elitist past'.  The 41-year-old actress spoke out on Monday after a photo of her being crowned the winner of the St Louis-based Veiled Prophet Ball when she was 19 years old started going viral on Twitter.  The Veiled Prophet Organization has been criticized in the past for its racist history and ties to white supremacy. In an Instagram post, Kemper said her ignorance about the organization's past as a teenager wasn't an excuse.  'When I was 19 years old, I decided to participate in a debutante ball in my hometown. The century-old organization that hosted the debutante ball had an unquestionably racist, sexist, and elitist past,' she wrote.  Ellie Kemper spoke out on Monday after a photo (above) of her being crowned the winner of the St Louis-based Veiled Prophet Ball when she was 19 years old started going viral on...
    For the Okanagan First Nations, the discovery of 215 children in a mass grave underneath the Kamloops Indian Residential School was not a complete surprise but a confirmation of something they had suspected: Members of the First Nations had suffered, died, and been buried with little sound made and nothing confirmed until five years ago. The Canadian Truth & Reconciliation Commission began to acknowledge the ugly past, saying it expected nearly 3,200 children died due to abuse and neglect in these schools in the 1800s. The discovery is a dark moment for Canada, but it occurs because Canada itself stepped back and was willing to consider that the actions of more than 100 years ago matters today. In doing so, it opened the door to a discussion about the implications for First Nation communities and acted, as a nation, to become more self-aware. In 1970, psychologist Gordon Gallup asked a question that has flummoxed theorists for years: How do we know if we are self-aware, and where does that self-awareness come from? In his study, he judged self-awareness by using a mirror and studying how animals...
    Gali Tibbon/Getty Images Israeli ambassador to the United States and the United Nations Gilad Erdan said Wednesday that it was likely the Associated Press was not aware that Hamas was operating in the building that once housed its Gaza offices. “I can also tell you that as a state, we don’t have information as to whether AP knew or did not know that Hamas was operating in that building, because the unit that was operating there was a secret unit,” Erdan said in an interview with an Israeli news outlet. “It can be said it’s more likely they were not aware of the existence of Hamas in the building,” he said. On Saturday, Israel bombed a 12-story building in Gaza that housed offices of the Associated Press and Al Jazeera. Israel has claimed that Hamas was operating in the building; workers in the offices of those media outlets were given an hour heads up to evacuate. “The world will know less about what is happening in Gaza because of what happened today,” AP president and CEO Gary Pruitt said after...
    Antoni Porowski says he feels comfortable calling himself a home cook who helps people find their culinary footing. Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Antoni Porowski says he's a home cook who likes helping people get better at cooking, not a chef. Porowski is best known for being the food expert on the hit Netflix reality show "Queer Eye." "Queer Eye" is currently filming its sixth season in Austin, Texas. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Antoni Porowski says he wouldn't call himself a chef, but a home cook who enjoys helping other people get better in the kitchen. Porowski, best known as the food expert on the hit Netflix reboot of "Queer Eye," opened up about his cooking journey, and how he classifies himself in the culinary world, while promoting his partnership with food subscription-box service HelloFresh. "I know — and there's no judgment here — that a lot of food personalities who haven't gone to culinary school refer to themselves as chefs," Porowski said. "And I think that's totally fine."  "I feel more comfortable referring to myself as a...
    More On: new york yankees Injured Yankee ‘dying’ to help fix team Yankees’ homer party sparks rout of Tigers Aaron Judge back in Yankees lineup Yankees star denies being in ‘slump’ despite being in slump A.J. Hinch’s first public appearance in The Bronx A.S. (After the Scandal) went surprisingly quietly. “I’m well aware I’m not the most liked person in New York,” Hinch said Friday afternoon, hours before his Tigers opened a series with the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Yet Hinch stepped on the field twice, bringing out his team’s lineup card moments before the first pitch and then changing pitchers in the fourth inning of his club’s 10-0 loss. No significant booing greeted him either time. Which wasn’t the anticipated outcome for Hinch’s long-awaited return to the Stadium, his first time here since Major League Baseball revealed its findings that Hinch’s Astros illegally stole signs, by use of a monitor situated near their dugout at Minute Maid Park, during their 2017 American League Championship Series victory over the Yankees. That confirmation, in January 2020, resulted in Astros owner...
    SATURDAY marked five years since Sir Tom Jones lost Linda, his wife of 59 years – and it’s a loss that has had a huge influence on his forthcoming 42nd album Surrounded By Time. “This is the first album I’ve done since she passed away,” 11Tom says his forthcoming album Surrounded By Time is the first he's recorded since his wife Linda died 11Saturday marked five years since Sir Tom lost wife Linda to lung cancerCredit: Getty - Contributor Jones, 80, tells me over Zoom from the London home he moved to after Linda died of lung cancer in 2016. “It’s the first one without her so it’s very important to me.” The pair married in 1957 when they were both 16. A month later they had their only child, Mark (Woodward), who is now his dad’s manager and co-produced the new album with Paul McCartney and Kings Of Leon producer Ethan Johns, who has worked on Jones’ last three records. It is an album which features covers of Bob Dylan, Bobby Cole, Yusuf Islam, The Waterboys and Michael...
    New York : The singer and actress Lali Espósito, who has just scored another great triumph in his career thanks to the success of the Netflix series ‘Sky Red’, has been very satisfied with its tendency to give social networks, and those related dynamics that prevail among the youngest, nothing more than the just and desired importance. In his opinion, being too “aware” of the reactions coming from his community of fans, as well as those of his detractors, could be very detrimental to his work. Unlike other stars of his generation, the Argentine interpreter is not at all obsessed with the interactions more typical of the virtual sphere and with the strong scrutiny that takes place there, since they consider that their profiles on Instagram or Twitter should be, above all, a fun and healthy way to promote their many projects. “I like to have all those millions of followers and it amuses me, but I do not do the boluda“, Has assured. “It is very different to have grown up with a mobile phone in hand or...
    ANDROID users across the world have been reporting problems with app crashes the morning (Tuesday March 23, 2021). Android users are reporting frequent app crashes, particularly owners of Samsung Galaxy smartphones. 2Android users have complained of Apps crashing this morning (Tuesday March 23, 2021)Credit: Getty - Contributor Why are my apps not working? The problem has been traced back to the Android System WebView. System WebView - what apps use to display web content such as in-app web browsers - comes preinstalled on all Android phones. Android users have flocked to social media to discuss the app issues they're facing and to try and find a fix. Google have said today that they are aware on the issue - and are working on a fix. According to Android Central, Uninstalling updated from the System WebView should fix the problem. You can do this by searching for it in the Play Store (or clicking the link), and selecting "uninstall," which should fix the problem. If for some reason the option is unavailable, users can perform the same action within "device...
    Britain’s Prince Philip is “not aware of the full extent” of grandson Harry’s bombshell TV interview — and was mostly protected from the monarchy’s crisis during his four-weeks in a hospital, a royal expert said. Harry and wife Meghan Markle had faced backlash for going ahead with the interview which aired across the world while Queen Elizabeth II’s 99-year-old husband remained in a London hospital after heart surgery. Philip finally returned home to Windsor Castle Tuesday after his longest stay in a hospital, but is reportedly largely oblivious to the full damage caused by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Oprah Winfrey tell-all. “The family are very keen that he’s not aware of the full extent of the interview,” royal commentator Katie Nicholl told Australia’s 9Honey. The near-constant media coverage in the UK likely made it “impossible for him to completely avoid it” even while recuperating from heart surgery, Nichols conceded. But “efforts were made to protect him from the full force of the fallout,” she said. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in an exclusive...
    More On: meghan markle Meghan and Harry’s chat with Gayle King a ‘shocking breach of trust’: expert Kate Middleton ‘mortified’ after Meghan Markle said she made her cry: expert John Oliver doubts royal family will ‘evolve’ after Meghan Markle interview Prince Harry’s talks with Charles, William were ‘not productive’: Gayle King Britain’s Prince Philip is “not aware of the full extent” of grandson Harry’s bombshell TV interview — and was mostly protected from the monarchy’s crisis during his four-weeks in a hospital, a royal expert said. Harry and wife Meghan Markle had faced backlash for going ahead with the interview which aired across the world while Queen Elizabeth II’s 99-year-old husband remained in a London hospital after heart surgery. Philip finally returned home to Windsor Castle Tuesday after his longest stay in a hospital, but is reportedly largely oblivious to the full damage caused by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Oprah Winfrey tell-all. “The family are very keen that he’s not aware of the full extent of the interview,” royal commentator Katie Nicholl told Australia’s 9Honey. The near-constant...
    Prince Philip is 'not aware of full extent' of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah Winfrey fallout, a royal expert has claimed.   The Duke of Edninburgh, 99, left hospital yesterday following a month under the care of medical staff after being admitted with an infection and later undergoing heart surgery.  Katie Nicholl said the Royal Family are trying their best to shield him from the explosive claims made during the tell-all interview, which aired while he was in hospital.  'The family are very keen that he's not aware of the full extent of the interview,' the royal commentator said in an interview with Australian outlet 9Honey.  She went on to say that while the widespread coverage may make it 'impossible for him to completely avoid it', she claims 'efforts were made to protect him from the full force of the fallout'. Prince Philip is 'not aware of full extent' of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Oprah Winfrey fallout, royal expert Katie Nicholl claimed. Pictured, Prince Philip arriving at Windsor Castle after leaving the King Edward VII's Hospital in central London on Tuesday...
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he was "not aware" that another woman had accused him of sexual misconduct, at the same time drawing a distinction between allegations against him and those against former State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, who Cuomo called on to resign.  "I’m not aware of any of that claim," the governor said. "I never touched anyone inappropriately. As I said last week, I never made any inappropriate advances. Said last week no one ever told. Me at the time that I made them feel uncomfortable. Obviously, there are people who said after the fact they felt uncomfortable. Nobody told me at that at the time," Cuomo said. He then called to let the attorney general’s independent investigation play out to "get the facts."  A reporter on a conference call had asked Cuomo for his response to an allegation from a sixth woman, who said that Cuomo inappropriately touched her at the governor’s mansion last year. But according to the Times Union, who first reported the allegation, Cuomo’s office was made aware on Monday. The woman’s identity has not...
    Toronto Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said Thursday he was “absolutely not aware” of any sexual harassment allegations against Mickey Callaway during their time together with the Cleveland Indians organization. Atkins, who was the Indians executive who oversaw Callaway’s hiring by Cleveland in 2010, said the team failed by not creating an environment for such allegations to be properly addressed. “There is no chance that we would have overlooked that if we had had any signs of that type of behavior,” Atkins said. Callaway was most recently the Los Angeles Angels’ pitching coach but he has been suspended while Major League Baseball investigates allegations of inappropriate behavior toward several women who work in sports media. Callaway has also previously served as manager of the New York Mets. Atkins called the situation “disheartening and sad” and apologized to those affected. “As a leader, it’s our responsibility to ensure that our staff feels safe, supported,” Atkins said. “I deeply apologize to anyone who ever faced harassment or didn’t feel comfortable to come forward. I see that as a failure on my...
    Dr. Anthony Fauci said on CNN Wednesday night that he was not aware Donald Trump was vaccinated in January. It wasn’t publicly known that the former president and first lady got vaccinated until this week, a move that received criticism for not doing it in public to encourage more people. CNN’s Erin Burnett asked Fauci about the news and people saying at the time he could’ve done so publicly to “send this message to a very vaccine-resistant Republican base.” “Were you aware at the time that he got the vaccine?” Burnett asked. “No, Erin, I was not. I was not aware that he was vaccinated,” Fauci responded. Burnett asked if Trump missed a big opportunity to make a difference and convince his base the vaccines are safe. “Certainly there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that former President Trump is very, very popular among his constituencies,” Fauci said. “That would’ve been an extraordinarily good opportunity to get a signal to the people who would clearly have listened to him the way they listened to him in many other ways. He has...
    A top U.S. security official said  Wednesday that he is not aware of any threats to Washington D.C., even as thousands of National Guard troops remain deployed there. "We obviously work with our law enforcement partners to determine that threat. That's obviously continuing to evolve," acting Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense & Global Security Robert Salesses told the House’s Armed Services Committee Wednesday. "At this time, I'm not aware of a threat that is out there," he added. Roughly 6,000 troops remain in the U.S. capital following the deployment of 25,000 guardsmen, who were rushed to D.C. after the Jan. 6 breech of the Capitol building by Trump supporters. MEADOWS RIPS PELOSI OVER CAPITOL SECURITY, CALLS FOR 'MEASURED APPROACH' TO SAFETY Salesses’ assurances echoed what Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said earlier this week, telling Fox News’ Neil Cavuto, "Things are safe and secure right now." But some lawmakers remain concerned about online chatter from pro-Trump conspiracy theorists who could potentially attempt another uprising. National Guard were scheduled remain in D.C. until mid-March following concerns of additional "civil unrest" during the Senate...
    A spokesman for Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan pushed back on the claim by Amazon that it's offered help on vaccine distribution to all 50 states, saying that Maryland was "not aware" of an offer from Amazon to provide that kind of help.  The comment comes after Amazon said Thursday it had reached out to the Trump administration about helping with the logistics of getting vaccinations into Americans' arms but was told by the Trump administration to reach out to states instead. Amazon this week sent a letter to the Biden administration offering its help in distributing vaccines.  "We don’t know about any letter, but Amazon reached out to us this week about getting their frontline employees in Maryland vaccinated," Mike Ricci, the communications director for Hogan, told Fox News when asked if the governor received an offer from Amazon to help get Marylanders vaccinated.  Ricci added that "[w]e are not aware of such a letter," from Amazon offering assistance with Maryland's vaccination efforts.  President Joe Biden speaks about the coronavirus in the State Dining Room of the White House, Thursday,...
    CHICAGO (CBS) — Problems are piling up at Illinois’ unemployment office over names and social security numbers being mailed to complete strangers. The state says it wants to hear from the people who got the personal information, but when those people call no one is listening. In fact CBS 2 found it takes days to register a complaint. CBS 2’s Christ Tye broke the story that led to state policy change. Those whose identities were breached have been notified, and those trying to notify the state of the breach in the first place haven’t had an easy time doing it. “They were just dumbfounded. They had nothing, nothing to say,” said Joe Urbauer. He said the state reacted to the news of his 11 letters with 11 names and social security numbers from Abed and Frances to Karen and Laura and Martin. The letters were initiated by fraudsters and aimed at unlocking unemployment money. “Both operators I spoke to had like no idea what I was talking about,” he said. Both calls were delayed by days because of the quantity...
    LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is not aware of any impact from the hacking of U.S. departments believed by U.S. sources to have been carried out by Russia, a spokesman for Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Monday, adding that investigations were taking place. Hackers believed to be working for Russia have been monitoring internal email traffic at the U.S. Treasury and Commerce departments, according to people familiar with the matter. "Investigations are ongoing. The National Cyber Security Centre is working to assess any UK impact, but we're not aware of any UK-related impact at this time," the spokesman told reporters. (Reporting by Elizabeth Piper, editing by Estelle Shirbon) Copyright 2020 Thomson Reuters. Tags: Russia, United States, crime, European Union, United Kingdom, EuropeGalleriesNewsCartoons on President Donald TrumpPhotosPhotos: Daily Life, DisruptedPhotosArmenia-Azerbaijan Conflict EscalatesNewsThe Week in Cartoons: Dec. 7-11RecommendedBest CountriesOp-Ed: U.S. Should Maintain Iran PolicyNational NewsHistoric Vaccination Program Set to BeginNational NewsFDA Issues EUA for Pfizer VaccineAmerica 2020Supreme Court Tosses Texas LawsuitAmerica 2020Donald Trump v. The CourtsCoronavirus Bulletin Stay informed daily on the latest news and advice on COVID-19 from the editors at...
    The mother of Alexis Sharkey, the 26-year-old social media influencer whose body was discovered naked alongside a Houston road last month, said she was never aware of problems in her daughter's marriage.  "There's been all sorts of talk about problems," Stacey Robinault told Fox News. "She never shared those with me. Doesn't mean she did or didn't have them. "Whenever they were with us, be it at home or wherever, we had a great deal of fun with them ... and we enjoyed being with them," she added.  HOUSTON WOMAN ALEXIS SHARKEY HATED THE TERM 'INFLUENCER,' SISTER SAYS Alexis Lee Sharkey was 26 when she was found dead in Houston (Stacey Clark Robinault) Sharkey's body was found Nov. 28 after she was reported missing less than 24 hours before. Her manner of death has not been determined, but Robinault has previously said she believes her daughter was murdered.  Police said there were no signs of injuries. Sharkey's husband, Tom Sharkey, 49, has denied there were marital problems but said his wife was stressed.  “She wasn’t happy. She was stressed. I would cuddle...
    Olivier Douliery/Getty Images President Donald Trump met with two top Michigan Republicans on Friday, and in a statement after the meeting they put out a statement making a point of bringing up the coronavirus crisis in their state. Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey and Speaker Lee Chatfield said in their joint statement they requested more federal funds to help the state, saying, “We once again face a time in our state when additional support would o a long way to help those same residents who need our help.” Their statement goes on to address the issue of the state’s election results. Joe Biden won Michigan, and amid some of the more colorful claims from the president’s allies about supposed widespread fraud, the Michigan Republicans made a point of saying in their statement, “We have not yet been made aware of any information that would change the outcome of the election in Michigan and as legislative leaders, we will follow the law and follow the normal process regarding Michigan’s electors, just as we have said throughout this election.” “Michigan’s certification...
    WASHINGTON (AP) — After Trump meeting, Michigan GOP lawmakers say they’re not aware of any info that would change Biden’s victory in state. Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.
    On Monday, The Arizona Republic published a sickening article detailing the Coyotes’ 2020 fourth-round draft pick Mitchell Miller’s bullying of a Black classmate with developmental disabilities four years ago. The abuse, which reportedly lasted years, involved racial slurs, physical contact and getting the victim to lick a push-pop that had been rubbed inside a urinal. Thursday, the Coyotes organization announced that it had renounced the rights to Miller, who was the club’s first selection of the draft. “We have decided to renounce the rights to Mitchell Miller, effective immediately,” Coyotes president and CEO Xavier Gutierrez said in the team’s news release. “Prior to selecting Mitchell in the NHL Draft, we were aware that a bullying incident took place in 2016. “We do not condone this type of behavior but embraced this as a teachable moment to work with Mitchell to make him accountable for his actions and provide him with an opportunity to be a leader on anti-bullying and anti-racism efforts. “We have learned more about the entire matter, and more importantly, the impact it has had on Isaiah and the Meyer-Crothers family.” According to the victim’s mother,...
    During a period of intense questioning with senators on Wednesday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed that he was not aware that a person who identifies herself as the person who "leads efforts to ensure election integrity on [Facebook]" was formerly a policy adviser to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. The exchange, which was held via video conference, came in response to a question from Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), who was quizzing Zuckerberg about the prevalence of prominent former Democratic staffers in key positions at Facebook. According to Fox News, Thune asked, "My understanding is that the person that is in charge of election integrity and security at Facebook is a former Joe Biden staffer, is there someone closely associated with President Trump in the same role at Facebook?" Thune's question appears to have been referring to Atlantic Council Senior Fellow Anna Makanju, whose work for Biden is prominently stated on her Atlantic Council biography. Facebook announced a partnership with the Atlantic Council in 2018 to help boost its election security efforts. According to the Atlantic Council's website,...
    ARSENE WENGER reckons a European Super League would 'destroy' the Premier League. Talks have taken place over the creation of a new £4.6billion league for up to 18 teams. 3Arsene Wenger was in charge of Arsenal from 1996 and 2018Credit: Getty - Contributor But Wenger, 71, has insisted it will have a catastrophic impact on the English top-flight. The legendary Arsenal manager told the Guardian: "The Premier League has a superiority. "The project [Big Picture] wanted to reinforce this superiority. "The other leagues tried to destroy the advantage the Premier League has. "For them, the best thing to attain that is to create a European league. "So that means to destroy the Premier League, basically. "So if they get the agreement from the English big clubs, it will happen." When asked whether it is just business instead of football, he said: "It is football as well. But of course, we are in a period of owners who are investors. 3Josep Maria Bartomeu claimed Barcelona had agreed to join the leagueCredit: Getty Images - Getty Most read in...
    Her list of anti-LGBTQ actions just keeps getting longer. Judge Amy Coney Barrett, Donald Trump's pick to fill Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat on the Supreme Court, has a long record of associating with groups that oppose LGBTQ rights. On Wednesday, the Associated Press reported that for nearly three years, Barrett served as a trustee on the board of a private Christian school that discriminated against LGBTQ parents and teachers. Trinity Schools Inc. has three schools located in Virginia, Indiana, and Minnesota. The private schools are tied to People of Praise, a network of Christian communities of which Barrett is a member. The schools' anti-LGBTQ policies had been in place for years when Barrett joined the board of trustees in 2015, according to the AP's report.
    A WOMAN in her 30's who died from Covid aboard an Arizona plane awaiting takeoff may not have been "aware that she was sick." The unidentified woman began having difficulty breathing while the plane was sat on the tarmac on July 25. 2The woman died on the planeCredit: Getty Images - Getty She was administered oxygen but ultimately died on the jetway. The woman did have underlying health conditions, but she might have not known about her diagnosis at the time. Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins told WFAA: "We don't know a whole lot," Jenkins said. "We may not know if she was aware she was sick. Contact took place in Arizona." The flight was headed to Texas, Jenkins added. 2The plane was headed to TexasCredit: Getty Images - Getty Despite the incident taking place over the summer, Jenkins said that the county only just discovered the details of her death. Arizona has seen more than 740 new confirmed Covid cases and three deaths for a second consecutive day. State health officials on Monday reported 748 positive cases, nearly mirroring...
    Winter is fast approaching, and the City of Denver and service providers still have not established the first safe-camping site for those experiencing homelessness. Concerned over the slowdown of the Safe Outdoor Spaces program, four neighborhood organizations recently sent a letter to Mayor Michael Hancock and Denver City Council with their ideas for how to push the safe-camping concept into reality. Related Stories Denver Safe-Camping Site Model Will Open to Public This Weekend Racial Inequity Extends to Homelessness, New Report Says Homelessness Crosses Borders: It's a Challenge for Metro Denver The October 12 letter from the leadership of Capitol Hill United Neighborhoods, Colfax Business Improvement District, Golden Triangle Creative District and Uptown on the Hill suggests eight ways that the city can move the project forward. The four organizations represent areas that have seen significant numbers of homeless individuals camping on the street in recent months. Their ideas: Set up a request for proposal process "We are aware of a number of organizations, both nonprofit and forprofit, who have the facilities, capacity, know- how and active interest in supporting...
    JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African elite police unit Hawks said it was not aware of any arrest warrant for African National Congress (ANC) Secretary General Ace Magashule, following media reports his arrest was imminent. "The Hawks would like to categorically distance itself from the IOL (media) report regarding the so called impending arrest against Mr Ace Magashule," Hawks spokesman Hangwani Mulaudzi said in a statement on WhatsApp shortly before midnight Tuesday. The Hawks "view the report as a malicious intent to undermine the integrity of the organization". The Independent Media, citing sources, reported that Magashule will be arrested and charged over an alleged role in the controversial Estina dairy project in the town of Vrede in the Free-State. The online newspaper also said Magashule confirmed to it over the phone that he was aware of the imminent arrest and that he will address media "at an appropriate time". The Estina dairy received public money and was meant to benefit the local community, but prosecutors say funds were illegally diverted to bank accounts of people including Atul Gupta, a wealthy businessman...
    MOSCOW (Reuters) - The Kremlin said on Monday that it was not aware of any current government plans to impose a strict lockdown in Russia to curb the sharp rise in coronavirus cases. Russia's daily tally of new coronavirus cases rose to its highest since May 12 on Monday as authorities reported 10,888 new infections nationwide, including 3,537 in Moscow. (Reporting by Tom Balmforth and Dmitry Antonov; editing by) Copyright 2020 Thomson Reuters.
    Experts from Healthline say high blood pressure can increase the risk of a heart attack, stroke, and heart failure. New research shows more cases of uncontrolled high blood pressure is a growing issue among adults. One of the first ways you can manage hypertension is to understand and be aware of your condition. Experts say people with high blood pressure need to know that managing it is an ongoing process. They say the best way to do that is to live a healthier lifestyle. Eating better, exercising regularly, and taking prescribed medication are steps in the right direction. You’ll also want to get it under control. Health experts recommend getting a blood pressure reading at least once a year. They say you need to be aware of which blood pressure category you fall under, and to make follow-up appointments with your doctor. Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.
    NINGBO, China (Reuters) - TikTok owner Bytedance said in a social media post on Sunday that it was the first time it had heard in the news it was setting up a $5 billion education fund in the United States. U.S. President Donald Trump said he had approved a deal, which included a $5 billion education fund, to allow TikTok to continue to operate in the United States. "The company has been committed to investing in the education field, and plans to work with partners and global shareholders to launch online classroom projects based on AI and video technology for students around the world," ByteDance said on its official account on Toutiao. (Reporting by Shivani Singh in Ningbo and Sophie Yu in Beijing; Editing by Jacqueline Wong) Copyright 2020 Thomson Reuters.
    Washington — Top health care officials in the Trump administration said Wednesday they are not aware of a health care plan to replace the Affordable Care Act from the White House, revelations that come as President Trump and his top aides continue to assert a proposal will soon be unveiled. Testifying before a Senate Appropriations subcommittee on the federal response to the coronavirus crisis, Admiral Brett Giroir, the assistant secretary for health at the Department of Health and Human Services, Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Dr. Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and response, were asked by Senator Dick Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, whether an Obamacare replacement plan exists. "I'm not involved in the replacement plan," Giroir told senators. "I don't know what that is. I supply public health advice as much as I can for whatever that plan would be." Get Breaking News Delivered to Your Inbox Kadlec, meanwhile, said a new health care proposal is "not in my portfolio" and he has no awareness of one as he...
    Share Tweet Share Share E-mail Marina Fernández is an integrative midwife, dedicated to women from the 1st menstruation until after the menopause, trained in naturopathy, homeopathy, and acupuncture. She has been a lactation consultant since 2002 and an International Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). It is dedicated to Integrative Fertility (supporting assisted reproduction or natural cycle treatments) and breastfeeding, although it also helps regulate menstrual cycles, cysts, dysmenorrhea, menopause, control of pregnancy, preparation for childbirth, dilation or childbirth in home, postpartum, rectus abdominis diastasis. In pregnancy, there are several aesthetic and functional problems that women suffer. In this sense, one of the most frequent is abdominal diastasis, what exactly does this problem consist of? Diastasis rectus abdominis is the separation of the abdominal muscles due to the growth of the uterus during pregnancy. All women suffer from abdominal diastasis during pregnancy. The separation of the abdominal muscles occurs because the fetus must grow behind them, therefore, when the hole is made, the central line of the abdomen or linea alba expands, giving rise to the AKI. In...
    POLICE are warning children against eating watermelon-flavour sweets laced with cannabis. They say the cartoon-covered Stoner Patch packets are designed to appeal to young children. 1The cartoon-covered Stoner Patch packets were found in circulation in Warrington, CheshireCredit: North West News Service The packets are labelled “infused with cannabis” but it is not clear what they contain or if they are illegal. Police said: “Parents, please be aware of cannabis infused sweets currently doing the rounds amongst young people. "They are a particular danger to inexperienced users due to potential overconsumption. "Unlike inhaled cannabis, these need to be digested - causing a delay in reaction." Officers have found the sweets in circulation in Warrington, Cheshire. This month, cops warned against the dangers of edible drugs. Most read in UK News'WORLD CLOSING IN'Teen, 19, 'terrified' of losing her freedom in lockdown hanged herself'SELF-CENTRED'Woman left 'crying' child alone with 'urine-soaked' baby to go clubbingSTREET RACE HORRORMoment speeding driver hits pregnant teen mom and her toddler at 76mphLatestsnatchedHunt for kids aged 3, 5 and 6, abducted by dad from foster home at knifepointTRAGIC...
    Mega pop star and Democratic Party activist Taylor Swift is attacking President Donald Trump over the U.S. Postal Service, claiming that the president is trying to cheat his way to victory in November by “dismantling” the beleaguered federal agency. “Trump’s calculated dismantling of USPS proves one thing clearly,” Swift tweeted Saturday. “He is WELL AWARE that we do not want him as our president. He’s chosen to blatantly cheat and put millions of Americans’ lives at risk in an effort to hold on to power.” Trump’s calculated dismantling of USPS proves one thing clearly: He is WELL AWARE that we do not want him as our president. He’s chosen to blatantly cheat and put millions of Americans’ lives at risk in an effort to hold on to power. — Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) August 15, 2020 Swift is also accusing President Trump of “taking advantage” of the Chinese coronavirus pandemic to “subvert and destroy our right to vote and vote safely.” Donald Trump’s ineffective leadership gravely worsened the crisis that we are in and he is now taking advantage of it...
    Singer Taylor Swift has launched a blistering attack on President Donald Trump, accusing him of 'dismantling' the US Postal Service in an attempt to rig the November presidential election. 'Trump’s calculated dismantling of USPS proves one thing clearly: He is WELL AWARE that we do not want him as our president,' Swift wrote in a tweet on Saturday. 'He’s chosen to blatantly cheat and put millions of Americans’ lives at risk in an effort to hold on to power,' she continued. Swift, 30, for much of her career avoided speaking about politics, but in recent years has been more vocal in her support for Democratic candidates and causes. Singer Taylor Swift has launched a blistering attack on President Donald Trump, accusing him of 'dismantling' the US Postal Service in an attempt to rig the November presidential election It comes as the USPS is warning states it cannot guarantee that all ballots cast by mail for the November 3 election will arrive in time to be counted, even if ballots are mailed by state deadlines -- raising the possibility that...
    Attorney General Bill Barr said he is not aware of any way a U.S. president could contest the result of an election which he clearly lost during his Tuesday testimony before the House Judiciary Committee. Barr’s statement came in response to a question from Democratic Louisiana Rep. Cedric Richmond regarding President Donald Trump’s repeated assertions that mass mail-in voting could cause a “rigged” election. Though Barr agreed with the president that resorting to mass mail-in voting would make election fraud more likely, he rebuffed the possibility that Trump could challenge the clear result of an election. “I also saw on TV that the president said he’s not sure that he’ll accept the election results. Can a president just protest because he lost an election?” Richmond asked. “Protest in what sense?” Barr replied. “Well, can he contest an election just because he simply loses?” Richmond says. Barr mentioned that the 2000 election between former President George W. Bush and then-Democratic presidential nominee Al Gore as a potential example of a president contesting an election. Richmond argued that instance was unique...
    MADRID, Jul 21 – The expected announcement of a European agreement for the recovery of the pandemic left the Ibex-35 close to 7,500 points on Tuesday, despite the fact that the stretch is still pending for its final approval and the lack of an unequivocally promising horizon for the economy they prevented further increases. Likewise, the Spanish selective already accumulates a rise of 23% from the lows of March – the lowest point after the eruption of the coronavirus crisis -, which leaves little room for further increases, in an international environment full of uncertainties. After almost five days in a row of not always cordial negotiations, the leaders of the 27 EU states managed to reach an agreement on a recovery fund for their economies: € 390 billion will be injected in the form of non-reimbursable subsidies, while the 360,000 will do so as loans. Although the announcement was enough to meet the immediate expectations of the markets, the agreement, which could only be achieved in exchange for a series of concessions, is yet to be approved in the...
    Former Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday claimed President Donald Trump appears not to be “cognitively aware of what’s going on,” an apparent response to his political opponent attacking his own mental agility. “This president talks about cognitive capability, Biden, known for his repeated verbal flubs, began a speech on the coronavirus pandemic in his home city of Wilmington, Delaware. “He doesn’t seem to be cognitively aware of what’s going on.” “He either reads or gets briefed on important issues, and he forgets it, or he doesn’t think it’s necessary that he need to know it,” the presumptive Democrat nominee added, before criticizing President Trump over unsubstantiated reports that Russia offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants to kill U.S. military personnel. In a Tuesday statement, the Department of Defense said it had no corroborating evidence that Russian offered bounties to Taliban fights to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan. “The Department of Defense continues to evaluate intelligence that Russian GRU operatives were engaged in malign activity against United States and coalition forces in Afghanistan. To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the...
    Coronavirus — Antonio Figueras, a scientist at the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC), has warned on Twitter of the increase in sprouts in our country. It has also stated that “the population is not aware of the wave that is forming”, in addition to regretting that Spain is going “bad no, the following”. We are going bad no, the following. The worst thing is that the population is not aware that the wave is forming. https://t.co/1vZc2BJMNu – Antonio Figueras (@antoniofigueras) June 27, 2020 He also wanted to remember that the number of infections in the world continues to rise, reason why it has alerted on the need of take “the precautionary measures, use the uncomfortable masks and do PCR”. Criticism of the Government One of the people most recognized by Spanish society has been Fernando Simón. Despite this, he has not escaped criticism from the scientist: “Man Fernando, from the start if you have a PCR, do you know if you are a carrier / infected with SARS-CoV-2, or not?” # COVID19 SIMÓN ADVISES THAT TAKING A...
    By JAMES LaPORTA, Associated Press Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence. The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019. The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials. Bolton declined to comment Monday when asked by the AP if he had briefed Trump about the matter in...
    Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence. The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019. The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials. Bolton declined to comment Monday when asked by the AP if he had briefed Trump about the matter in 2019. On...
    Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence. The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019. The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials. Bolton declined to comment Monday when asked by the AP if he had briefed Trump about the matter in 2019. On Sunday, he suggested...