Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 06:27:16
64 results - (0.001 seconds)

surprised me:

latest news at page 1:
    I'm excited to prepare and eat vegetables now. Jennifer Barton for Insider I've been following the Mediterranean diet for over a year, and it's changed aspects of my life.  I've learned that vegetables can be exciting, and I don't miss eating red meat.  My family has adapted nicely to the lifestyle, and it's improved my relationship with food.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. I used to have a terrible diet that was heavy on processed foods, red meat, and sugar and low on vegetables and whole grains. Worse still, I would graze all day, snacking rather than sitting down to meals. In July 2019, I made a radical change, cutting out all meat (except for fish) and adopting a Mediterranean diet filled with lots of colorful fruit and veg, whole grains, healthy fats, seafood, and occasional dairy.  Read on for the 12 things that have surprised me the most since starting the diet.  The variety is endless, so it hasn't felt restrictiveI never thought I would be the type of person to find vegetables exciting, but...
    “At Jaime Camil dad’s house, in Acapulco Juan Luis Guerra came to eat and sitting on the stairs of the house, on a napkin he wrote a song that he had in mind and it was that of Until you forget me and he gave it to Luis Miguel ”, said the host during the broadcast of ‘Members on the air’. Luis Miguel (Instagram / lmxlm) “He wrote it sitting on the stairs and on a napkin, I was sitting next to both of them,” added the surprised actor. “Luis Miguel listened to her and said no” m * m * s, “he added in front of his teammates who were surprised by the anecdote. #YoMeQuedoEnCasa: Download the January digital magazine for free (click on the image)
    DEAR ABBY: A new single pastor was assigned to my church. He asked if I was single and if I had kids. I told him no, and we began having an affair. For two years, it was all in secret. Jeanne Phillips  Then I began noticing that a single lady from his previous church would visit. He told me she was concerned about him being alone, so she was stopping by on her way through. Well, I now know she was more than that. While he was having his affair with me, he was engaged to her. When I confronted him, he denied it. They got married in secret, and he didn’t tell the church until afterward. Related Articles Dear Abby: My boyfriend’s parents walk in on us whenever they want, even when we’re in bed Dear Abby: Is it normal how my kids treat me? Dear Abby: What can I say to a tailgater in the supermarket? Dear Abby: I made a fool of myself at a wedding, and it may...
    Most of the mashed potato brands required only water and a few minutes in the microwave. Erin McDowell/Insider I tried instant mashed potatoes from Big Y, Bell's, and Idahoan in a variety of flavors to see which brand is best for a quick Thanksgiving side. Bell's instant potatoes were a little thick for my liking, while Idahoan nailed it with buttery, flavorful mashed potatoes that were perfectly light and creamy. Overall, Idahoan's roasted garlic flavor ended up being my favorite. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. This Thanksgiving, with most people opting for smaller dinners or even being by themselves, it's all about choosing the quickest and easiest option for food. Despite being someone who usually swears by homemade mashed potatoes, I decided to try out a variety of instant mashed potato brands and flavors in order to determine the absolute best instant mashed potato brand you'll find in the grocery store. The brands included Big Y, Bell's, and Idahoan with flavors ranging from classic butter to sour cream and chive and roasted garlic. Almost every kind...
    Grocery-store layouts in Scotland are different from ones in the US. Shutterstock I moved from the United States to the United Kingdom in 2017. In my experience, living near a major city is much cheaper to do in Scotland than it is in the US.  Grocery-store layouts in the UK are confusing to me, especially when it comes to locating items like bread or eggs. In the UK, going to the doctor involves little paperwork and almost no bills, which is a huge difference from healthcare in the US. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. I moved from Massachusetts to Scotland in 2017. In the time since, I've encountered a dazzling array of differences between life in America and life in the United Kingdom in areas like food and healthcare. These are some of the things about living in the UK that have surprised me the most. 
    The US reported the most Covid-19 cases in a day since July. Deaths may begin climbing, too, a leading expert says This Grocery Store Has the Best Customer Service Do you know these lucrative Social Security secrets? Ad Microsoft Incredible Blanket Puts Humans In A Deep Sleep, Melting Stress Away Ad Microsoft The 23 Hottest Gadgets of 2020 Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/21 SLIDES © ALDI by brandon king (CC BY-NC) Aldi 101 German grocer Aldi has earned more and more U.S. devotees, but I'll admit I'd been late to the party. After all, I already shopped for food at a lot of places — Kroger, Costco, Trader Joe's, and Target — and the thought of adding one more store to my list seemed silly. But the store's cheap prices...
    DEAR MISS MANNERS: I love to cook and bake, and am told I’m quite good at it. My husband, who means well but is completely oblivious to common sense, found out that a friend of his was getting rid of her stove and buying a new one. That she might be getting rid of it because it’s a complete junker didn’t occur to him. I came home from work to find that he had surprised me by replacing my perfectly fine stove with the stove his friend had gotten rid of. I don’t know why he thought I needed a new stove when I liked the old one. The new one is horrible. The oven has only two settings: too hot (things burn on the outside and are still underdone on the inside) and too cold (things don’t finish baking). None of the burners fits right and they all tilt, which means that it is impossible to cook evenly on the stovetop. Related Articles Miss Manners: I work hard to support my husband, and then his sister does...
    Heres the biggest news you missed this weekend The most historic fast food joints in the US Marlon Moraes: Cory Sandhagen surprised me with kick, stoppage was a little early Marlon Moraes gives Cory Sandhagen full credit for the spinning wheel kick that spelled the beginning of the end of Saturday’s UFC on ESPN+ 37 main event, but he wishes he got a little more leeway from the referee en route to his loss. © Provided by MMAJunkie Moraes (23-7-1 MMA, 5-3 UFC) got caught with the highlight-reel strike from Sandhagen (13-2 MMA, 6-1 UFC) early in the second round of their bantamweight headliner, which took place at Flash Forum at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi and streamed on ESPN+. The Brazilian got knocked down from the blow, then his opponent swarmed with a couple more strikes on the ground, resulting in the fight being waved off by referee Marc Goddard. Although Moraes admits the shot was a good one, and he was certainly not at 100 percent, he said he felt there was still some fight left in...
    The writer purchased a camper van and has been traveling with her partner for a few months. Zoë Hannah for Insider I've lived in a camper van in New Zealand with my partner for a few months, and many things have surprised me about my new life.  I learned I still need to have a routine and make plans even though I'm living a spontaneous lifestyle. It's also important to find places to park, since we can't set up camp and sleep anywhere we'd like.  Traveling around the world in a van can be cheap, but I'm glad my partner and I saved up plenty of extra money before embarking on this journey.   Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Days after being laid off from my full-time job in October 2019, my partner and I began looking up flights to New Zealand. This was our first concrete step in realizing our plan to leave our jobs in the United States and move across the globe. After years of saving up, we flew to New Zealand and bought...
    Roger Sollenberger August 10, 2020 4:42PM (UTC) "Fox & Friends" co-host Ainsley Earhardt said it was a "shock" to learn that 97,000 children had tested positive for the coronavirus within the last two weeks on Monday, because she "had heard kids don't really get it." Earhardt, who told viewers in April that her mother had contracted the coronavirus, expressed her surprise in an interview with Dr. Natasha Kathuria, an emergency medicine physician who sits on the board of Global Outreach Doctors. : "We're all worried about sending our kids back to school. What is that going to look like for our country? And our elderly grandparents? And things like that?" Earhardt, who has repeatedly expressed concern about her own children's grandmother in the face of mockery from co-host Brian Kilmeade, asked.  "Ninety-seven thousand kids have tested positive? That was such a shock to me, because I had heard kids don't really get it — and if they do, they're all going to be OK," she said. "Do you know any details about that percentage of kids that did get it? Are they all doing OK? Do you have any deaths?" "I don't know about the...
    Cities where COVID-19 is growing fastest Joel Schumacher, director of St Elmos Fire, The Lost Boys, dies at 80 I Was Isolated for a Year in Antarctica—Here’s What Surprised Me Most When I Came Back My journey to isolation in Antarctica was somewhat accidental. I saw an advertisement in a print publication for a job as a station leader for an expedition to Davis Station, Antarctica—and I have to confess, it was the penguin in the ad that caught my attention. The ad noted that they could "teach Antarctica" but were looking for someone with resilience, empathy, and integrity to lead a diverse team of multiskilled expeditioners on a wide range of science, infrastructure, and logistics programs in one of the most remote, isolated, and beautiful places on the planet. I went to the job interview mostly interested in discovering the questions they would ask to find empathy. I was then sent to boot camp with 13 men competing for a job that I didn't even really want but knew I would regret if I didn't go for it. ©...