Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 05:14:48
70 results - (0.003 seconds)

Will Ferrell’s:

latest news at page 1:
    Will Ferrell really doesn’t like Norway. At least he’s got a reason. Per capita, Ferrell tells viewers, Norway is beating the United States in electric car production. But General Motors, who put out the spot, is hoping to make huge inroads in that category by 2025. In the meantime, Ferrell’s presence in a Super Bowl commercial this year takes him to Scandinavia.  GM even purchased a huge 90-second slot for this commercial, showing how much they’re investing in the electric car concept. The standard Super Bowl ad time is 30 seconds, and that’s for a cost of more than $5 million. MORE: Watch the best commercials before Super Bowl 55 Will Ferrell Super Bowl commercial The commercial opens with a very grizzled Ferrell looking at a globe. Apparently he’s embraced the quarantine beard. Ferrell informs the audience that Norway is beating the U.S. at electric car production. So, of course, he punches right through the small globe he has, taking it out on the outline of Norway on his spherical map. “I won’t stand for it,” Ferrell says. “…...
    Will Ferrell has had it up to here with those smug Norwegians and their EV buying habits. So he’s going to do something about it and is taking Kenan Thompson and Awkwafina along for the ride in GM’s new 90-second “Big Game” ad. Perturbed by the fact that more than half of all new vehicles sold in the Scandinavian country are electrically driven (thanks in large part to generous financial incentives provided by the Norwegian government), compared to just four percent of those in the US, Ferrell takes it upon himself change America’s perceptions about EV technology. His solution is simple: show off GM’s new Ultium battery technology by hopping into the new Hummer EV — while Thompson and Awkwafina get behind the wheel of the upcoming Cadillac Lyriq — and heading for Norway. But, in classic Ferrell style, the roadtrip quickly devolves into complete anarchy involving high seas shipping containers, caribou sightings and a wrong turn at Sweden.
    Will Ferrell is heading to Scandinavia in one of the ads General Motors is running during the Sunday’s Super Bowl. (General Motors) In the spot Ferrell has a problem with the fact that Norway sells more electric cars per capita than the U.S. and decides to take a Cadillac Lyriq electric SUV across the Atlantic to "crush those lugers." Norway doesn’t have a domestic auto industry and imports all of its vehicles, so it’s not clear exactly what he’s hoping to accomplish when he gets there, but he enlists the help of fellow comic actors Kenan Thomson and Awkwafina along the way. The ad promotes the Ultium electric vehicle platform that will underpin GM’s future battery-powered models and also features the GMC HUMMER EV that will also be built on it. Needless to say, Ferrell’s trip doesn’t go entirely to plan. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP The HUMMER EV is scheduled to go on sale late this year at a starting price of $112,595 and the Lyriq will follow in 2022. General Motors will also run...
    Will Ferrell will star in GM's upcoming Super Bowl commercial, an extension of the company's "Everybody In" ad campaign for EVs.GM DETROIT – With the help of actor Will Ferrell, General Motors is waging a battle against Norway in a 60-second ad during Super Bowl LV. Why did GM choose the Nordic country known for its gorgeous fjords and scenery? Because it's also the world's top-selling electric vehicle market per capita. The comedic ad – called "No Way, Norway" – features Ferrell rallying fellow comedians Kenan Thompson and Awkwafina to go to Norway in GM's upcoming GMC Hummer pickup and Cadillac Lyriq crossover EVs to "crush them." "Well I won't stand for it," says Ferrell as he punches a globe in the ad. "With GM's new Ultium battery, we're going to crush those lugers. Crush them! Let's go America." GM last month launched a new corporate-level ad campaign – its first in more than a decade – focused on the automaker's all-electric vehicle efforts, including 30 new models globally by 2025. Ultium is the automaker's forthcoming battery technology and platform,...
    Stocking stuffer ideas under $15 Harden still wants out of Houston Elf Reunion! Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrell Reenact Baby, Its Cold Outside Scene © Provided by People Zooey Deschanel/Instagram Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrell in Elf live table read Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel are still spreading Christmas cheer by singing loud for all to hear! 17 years after starring together in the now-classic holiday family comedy Elf, the actors — who played Buddy the Elf and his Gimbels store-elf love interest Jovie, respectively — reunited virtually on Sunday for a live table read of the film to support Georgia Democrats in the state's upcoming Senate runoff elections. At one point in the broadcast (for which they were joined by additional original cast members Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, Mary Steenburgen, Amy Sedaris, Andy Richter, Kyle Gass and Matt Walsh), Deschanel, 40, and Ferrell, 53, reenacted the scene where Buddy walks into the bathroom while Jovie is taking a shower at Gimbels department store, drawn by her voice as she sings "Baby It's Cold Outside." © Zooey Deschanel/Instagram Zooey...
    Georgia is ground zero in the battle for the balance of power in Washington, D.C., as control of the U.S. Senate now hinges on the outcome of the two Senate runoff races in the Peach State. With the Senate majority leadership within his reach, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) recently declared, “Now we take Georgia, and then we change America.” On Sunday, the stars of the hit 2003 movie Elf reportedly raised more than $400,000 to help carry Georgia Democrats over the finish line in the coming runoff election. The virtual fundraiser reaped $402,966 by the the end of Sunday’s livestream, according to a report from The Hollywood Reporter. A similar cast reunion of HBO’s Veep brought in more than $640,000 earlier this month. Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel reprised their Elf roles for the live reading, which also featured co-stars Bob Newhart, Edward Asner, Mary Steenburgen, Amy Sedaris, and Andy Richter. “Your donation to the Georgia Democratic Party supports their critical efforts to reach millions of voters and protect their right to vote for the January 5th Senate runoffs,” the event’s official invitation reads. The...
    Review: EarFun’s Air Pro Earbuds are an Impressive Set of ANC Earbuds NFLs best big-play celebrations in 2020 season Elf Reunion: Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel and More Stars Unite for a Virtual Table Read for Charity © New Line Cinema In the words of Buddy the Elf, "Treat every day like Christmas." And for fans of the beloved holiday comedy Elf, Christmas came early this year in the form of a fun, festive cast reunion and virtual table read. Buddy himself, Will Ferrell, was joined by his Elf co-stars -- Zooey Deschanel, Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, Andy Richer, Amy Sedaris, Mary Steenburgen, Matt Walsh and Kyle Glass -- for the fundraiser event, which benefitted the Democratic Party of Georgia. Ferrell -- who looked a bit more like Santa than an elf, what with his bushy white beard and glasses -- was as enthusiastic and spot-on as ever, bringing the zest and joy for life that his beloved character has represented since Elf first hit theaters in 2003. Some of the biggest highlights of the night came from recreating the...
    A new Netflix documentary about the holiday film favorite Elf has revealed some surprising details from making the movie. In one episode of The Holiday Movies That Made Us, which debuted last week, the crew behind the 2003 Christmas classic share several behind-the-scenes secrets from filming. In addition to breaking down how they managed to make Will look so much bigger than the other elves in the North Pole, the documentary also reveals that Will's scenes on the streets of Manhattan weren't staged — and that the other people caught on camera were real New Yorkers, not extras. Secrets, revealed! In an episode of The Holiday Movies That Made Us, the crew behind the 2003 Christmas classic Elf share several behind-the-scenes secrets from filming Cute: In one memorable moment in the movie, Buddy the Elf spots a man in a matching red jogging suit and white beard, and excitedly taps him on the shoulder and calls him Santa Who knew? The filmmakers said that this man in a red jumpsuit wasn't an actor or an extra —...
    Georgia is ground zero in the battle for the balance of power in Washington, D.C., as control of the U.S. Senate now hinges on the outcome of the two Senate runoff races in the Peach State. With the Senate majority leadership within his reach, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) recently declared, “Now we take Georgia, and then we change America.” Left-wing Hollywood celebrities are putting their star power behind the runoffs, with cast reunions of popular movies and TV shows helping to rake in the cash. The latest effort comes from Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel, who will lead a cast reunion of the 2003 movie Elf to raise money for Georgia Democrats. The livestream event, set for Sunday, will also feature Elf-costars Bob Newhart, Edward Asner, Mary Steenburgen, Amy Sedaris, Jon Favreau, and Andy Richter. Noticeably absent from the line-up is James Caan, who played Ferrell’s biological father in the original movie. Ive got the best Sunday plans EVER, and I want yall to join! At 4pm ET, Ill be hosting #ElfForGeorgia, a table read with Will Ferrell, @ZooeyDeschanel & special...
    Good news for lovers of spaghetti and syrup: Buddy and the cast of Elf are reuniting for a table read on December 13 at 4 p.m. ET. Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel, Bob Newhart, Mary Steenburgen, Edward Asner, and John Lithgow will all be reuniting to benefit Democratic Senate candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock in the upcoming Georgia Senate runoff elections. Deschanel, who played Jovie in the 2003 film, confirmed the news on Twitter, writing, “If I were any more excited to be in the #ElfForGeorgia reunion I might explode into a burst of snowflakes. Join me, Will Ferrell, and many other amazing people from the original cast along with some special guests for our live reading! All donations go to support GA dems.” You can get your tickets here! https://t.co/FLDmkL9QCx https://t.co/BQkAUqgFyL — zooey deschanel (@ZooeyDeschanel) December 10, 2020 The actress also added a link to tickets for the event. “We need new leadership in the U.S. Senate, and I’m hoping that Buddy and the rest of the Elf cast, can play a small role in delivering that change,” Ferrell said...
    The Dream of the 90s Is Alive and Well With These Stylish Belt Bags for Men Stacy Lewis challenges Houston-area businesses: Lets have a tournament here every year Elfs Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel & More Reuniting for Table Read to Support Georgia Senate Democrats The cast of Elf is coming back just in time for the holidays! © Courtesy Everette collection Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel in Elf Will Ferrell, Zooey Deschanel, Bob Newhart, Mary Steenburgen, Edward Asner and John Lithgow are reuniting virtually for a live table read of the classic 2003 Christmas movie to support Georgia Democrats in the state's upcoming Senate runoff elections. Hosted by comedian Ashley Nicole Black, the table read will take place on Dec. 13 at 4 p.m. ET. The event will also feature Amy Sedaris, Andy Richter, Kyle Gass, Danny Woodburn, Ed Helms, Busy Philipps, Matt Walsh and Pod Save America's Jon Favreau. Deschanel, 40, tweeted the news on Wednesday night, writing, "If I were any more excited to be in the #ElfForGeorgia reunion I might explode into a burst of snowflakes. Join...
    US coronavirus: US Covid-19 hospitalizations set another daunting record at 100,667 Giuliani rebuffed on road trip to push election theft claims Seniors On Medicare Are Getting a Big Pay Day in 2020 Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/5 SLIDES © Provided by Best Life This Is the 'SNL' Sketch Will Ferrell Regrets Most Will Ferrell brought us many iconic Saturday Night Live sketches in his seven years on the show, but he knows they weren't all winners. During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen, fans called in and asked Ferrell some pretty tough questions. While it was too hard for the comedian to pick his favorite SNL sketch of all time, he didn't miss a beat when he was asked about his least favorite one. To see which sketch Ferrell regrets, read on, and for more cringeworthy on-air moments, check out The Worst"Late Night" Guest Conan O'Brien Ever Had. The process of getting an SNL sketch on air is not a simple one. About 30 to...
    Pennsylvania Election Official Warns Legal Showdown Like Bush v. Gore Is a Real Possibility in 2020 Lynn bluntly explains why Herbert is backup One of the stars of Elf says a sequel didnt happen because Will Ferrell didnt get along very well with director Jon Favreau © New Line Cinema Will Ferrell alongside James Caan in "Elf." New Line Cinema James Caan, who played Will Ferrell's fictional father in the movie "Elf," says a sequel never materialized because Ferrel and director Jon Favreau "didn't get along very well." Recounting the story during an interview with Cleveland's 92.3FM's Bull & Fox show, Caan said: "We were gonna do it, and I thought 'Oh my God, I finally have a franchise movie. I can make some money, let my kids do what the hell they want to do."  However, he said a sequel never made it to production because "the director and Will didn't get along very well. Will wanted to do it, and he didn't want the director."  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. James Caan, who played...
    Will Ferrell alongside James Caan in "Elf." New Line Cinema James Caan, who played Will Ferrell's fictional father in the movie "Elf," says a sequel never materialized because Ferrel and director Jon Favreau "didn't get along very well." Recounting the story during an interview with Cleveland's 92.3FM's Bull & Fox show, Caan said: "We were gonna do it, and I thought 'Oh my God, I finally have a franchise movie. I can make some money, let my kids do what the hell they want to do."  However, he said a sequel never made it to production because "the director and Will didn't get along very well. Will wanted to do it, and he didn't want the director."  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. James Caan, who played Will Ferrell's fictional father in the beloved Christmas movie "Elf," says that a sequel never materialized because Ferrell and the director Jon Favreau "didn't get along very well." Recounting the story during an interview with Cleveland's 92.3FM's Bull & Fox show, Caan said: "We were gonna do it, and I...
    Ricky Bobby is back and he’s still a winner. (Columbia Pictures) Actor Will Ferrell, who played Bobby in the NASCAR parody “Talladega Nights” is also a part-owner of the LAFC MLS soccer club and he has now revealed the secret to the team’s success. Speaking to ESPN during halftime of the LAFC-L.A. Galaxy game on Saturday night, Ferrell said that whenever the team needs a goal he pulls out the Wonder Bread helmet Bobby wore in the film and it always works. There must be something to it, because not only did the team destroy its crosstown rival 6-2, but it is the defending regular season champ. Ferrell, who stars in the new Netflix movie “Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga,” didn’t reveal if Ricky Bobby would ever be back on the big screen, but did say that he’s been spending his time in lockdown working on his core, reading, taking long walks and soul-searching. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPGary Gastelu is FoxNews.com's Automotive Editor covering the car industry and racing. Follow @foxnewsautos
    LA artist donates 1,800 paintings to Brooklyn hospital, one for every employee 6 Grocery Shopping Safety Tips That Dont Actually Work Watch: Will Ferrell gives odd ESPN interview while wearing Ricky Bobby helmet Actor Will Ferrell gave a bizarre interview on ESPN Saturday night. © Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports Ferrell is a part-owner of Los Angeles Football Club, and spoke with analyst Taylor Twellman for a halftime interview of the LAFC-LA Galaxy game in Orlando, Fla. Ferrell had some stubble and long hair growing, and then he broke out a helmet worn by Ricky Bobby, the character he played in “Talladega Nights.” He also had a long pause after being asked what he did during quarantine. It was difficult to miss the kids in the background as well, many of whom were eating corn. “Every time we need a score, whenever I put on my Talladega Nights helmet…we score.” Just a casual check-in with Will Ferrell. #LAFCvLA pic.twitter.com/Cn42URrBkS — Major League Soccer (@MLS) July 19, 2020 Leave it to Ferrell to bring some wackiness to the telecast. It’s...
    NOTABLE PEOPLE BORN ON THIS DAY include former Mets catcher Norm Sherry, who was born in 1931; International Tennis Hall of Famer Margaret Court, who was born in 1942; Pro Football Hall of Famer Jimmy Johnson, who was born in 1943; “Crossover Dreams” star Ruben Blades, who was born in 1948; Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Stewart Copeland (The Police), who was born in 1952; “Angels in America” playwright Tony Kushner, who was born in 1956; “V” star Faye Grant, who was born in 1957; “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” star Phoebe Cates, who was born in 1963; former “Saturday Night Live” star Will Ferrell, who was born in 1967; Pro Football Hall of Famer Barry Sanders, who was born in 1968; “Stand by Me” star Corey Feldman, who was born in 1971; and Olympic gold medalist and U.S. Women’s World Cup soccer champion Carli Lloyd, who was born in 1982.  *** A CAPITAL IDEA: On this day in 1790, President George Washington signed legislation that selected the District of Columbia as the permanent capital of the U.S. Boundaries...
    In his latest film, Will Ferrell tackles one of the most famous music events in Europe: the Eurovision Song Contest. "Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga" follows Ferrell and Rachel McAdams as they participate in the contest, which gave rise to acts like ABBA and Céline Dion, and welcomes artists from primarily European countries to perform original songs before voting determines a winner. In a conversation with Fox News, Ferrell, 52, admitted that "very few" fans had heard of the contest, similar to himself until a few years ago. ANNE HATHAWAY REVEALS THAT DIRECTOR CHRISTOPHER NOLAN DOESN'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO SIT ON SET "I had just seen it on our first trip to visit my wife's family in Sweden ... After dinner one night, everyone said 'Shall we sit down and watch Eurovision?' It was like 'OK, what's that?'" the funnyman recalled. "And I sat there for three hours wondering 'What is happening here? This is amazing.'" The "Saturday Night Live" alum said that "the flamboyant staging" and the "eclectic" songs made it a "perfect jumping-off point for a comedy."...
    Will Ferrell revealed that Demi Lovato shared with him that she watched his movies to help her get through her darker times after the drug overdose. “We kind of had this really special moment,” the 52-year-old comedian explained during his appearance on the “Las Culturistas” podcast. The comments were noted by the “Today” show in a piece published Wednesday. (RELATED: Demi Lovato Rushed To The Hospital For Possible Heroin Overdose)   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by TODAY (@todayshow) on Jun 24, 2020 at 10:40am PDT “She had just come out of her last rehab stint,” he added. He said she told him, “‘I really wanted to work on this because I’m a fan.’… And she said, ‘I have to tell you, watching your movies really kind of helped me kind of go through what I had to go through.'” (SLIDESHOW: These Are The Greatest Demi Lovato Photos On The Internet) Ferrell said how it’s “weird when you get hit in the chest with something like that and it’s so personal to her. It was one of the...
    Will Ferrell is the funniest comedic actor of the past 20 years, a master of buffoonish absurdity whose gift for juvenile nonsense—often laced with explosive aggression—has rightly made him a Hollywood A-lister. It therefore brings me no joy to report that his latest, Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga, is not only a two-hour slog of lavish production design and on-location filmmaking minus any trace of humor, but further confirmation that the star has gotten himself stuck in a rut of diminishing-returns repetition. What was once inspired for the Saturday Night Live veteran is now old hat, with Ferrell’s new Netflix feature (out June 26) stark evidence that he’s become comfortable regurgitating his trademark shtick—and, in the process, forgotten what made it work in the first place. Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga concerns Lars (Ferrell) and Sigrit (Rachel McAdams), two clownish Icelandic pop-star wannabes whose lifelong dream is to win the international Eurovision song contest. Actually, it’s Lars’ dream, since regardless of her love of music, Sigrit is primarily in their duo (dubbed Fire Saga)...