Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 19:18:02
57 results - (0.007 seconds)

she was paid:

latest news at page 1:
    Madonna has revealed she was hit with a one million dollar fine by the Russian government. The 61-year-old pop icon tweeted on Monday that she was issued the fine in 2012 'for supporting the Gay community'.  'I made this speech at a concert in St. Petersburg 8 years ago,' began the Ray of Light hitmaker's tweet. Making trouble: Madonna has revealed she was hit with a one million dollar fine by the Russian government 'I was fined 1 million dollars by The government for supporting the Gay community,' continued the artist, whose full name is Madonna Louise Ciccone. She concluded, 'I never paid.................... #freedomofspeech #powertothepeople #mdna'. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Celebrity Call Center: Nikki and Brie Bella give expert... Million Dollar Listing's Josh Flagg mourns the death of... Lil Nas X creates a second Twitter account after verified... Fyre Festival breakout star Andy King introduces new... Share this article Share Included was a video of the speech in question, during which Madonna told the St. Petersburg audience, many of...
    Demi Lovato told Bustle that she recently changed her attitude about crying. Getty Images Demi Lovato spoke to Bustle about allowing herself to be more vulnerable and express her emotions. "Before quarantine, it was very difficult for me to cry," she said. The singer said that recently, she's allowed herself "to feel the pains of all the losses that I've had or the adversities or traumas that I've faced." Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Demi Lovato says she trained herself as a teenager to hold back tears unless she was being paid.  "Before quarantine, it was very difficult for me to cry," the 27-year-old singer said in a new cover story for Bustle. "I had programmed the thought into my head when I was 16 that I'm only going to cry if people pay me to." Lovato, who has been quarantined with boyfriend Max Ehrich amid the coronavirus pandemic, went on to say that recently, she's allowed herself to be more vulnerable. "I started doing all this work, allowing myself to feel the pains of all...
    Two friends in Texas received two drastically different bills when they were tested for the novel coronavirus.  Pamela LeBlanc and Jimmy Harvey were about to go camping and kayaking along the Texas east coast with three friends and wanted some peace of mind. Both went to get drive-through tests at Austin Emergency Center in Austin and, luckily, both tested negative. While Harvey was charged $199, and paid in cash, LeBlanc - who paid with her private insurance - was billed $6,408, reported The New York Times.  Pamela LeBlanc (left) and Jimmy Harvey (right), from Austin, Texas, were tested for the coronavirus at Austin Emergency Room. Harvey paid in cash and was charged $199 while LeBlanc, who paid with insurance, was charged $6,408 UnitedHealthcare claims it used the wrong code, suggesting LeBlanc had had her blood drawn for different test. Pictured: LeBlanc, left, with Chris LeBlanc Harvey has health insurance, but told The Times he felt like it would be a 'hassle' to use it to cover the cost of a coronavirus test.  After he was given the nasal...
    Hollywood star Rebel Wilson, who has decided to take up a healthy lifestyle, has made a revelation that she was “paid a lot of money” to stay “bigger”, because it highlights her comedic roles. Popular for playing Fat Amy in the musical film “Pitch Perfect” franchise, Wilson said: “Weirdly this year was always going to be the year of health. I’ve been naming my years now, and, that’s kind of having these resolutions but for the whole year.” Rebel Wilson Reveals the Reason She Doesn’t Want Sexual Abusers’ Names to Go Public, Says ‘Is It Worth Destroying People’s Lives?’ She said she used to think as to why she was overeating. “It’s not like I want to lose weight and get to around a certain number. It’s more than that, it’s about dealing mentally with why I was overeating and I had a job where I was paid a lot of money to be bigger, at times which kind of can mess with your head a bit,” she said, according to a femalefirst.co.uk report. Rebel Wilson Shares Weight Loss Transformation, Posts...
    Rebel Wilson is showing off her considerable weight loss on social media. The Pitch Perfect actress also says studios paid her to stay “bigger,” which messed with her head. 2020 hasn’t been a normal year for anybody and the entertainment business has pretty much been shut down since the middle of March. Wilson decided to use a lot of this time on her mental and physical health and the results are stunning. In a new interview, Rebel Wilson discussed her reasoning behind her weight loss. The actress has been sharing a number of selfies on social media, which has documented her weight loss since last year. For Wilson, the journey hasn’t always been easy, but it has definitely paid off. She had this to say. “It’s not like I want to lose weight and get to around a certain number. It’s more than that, it’s about dealing mentally with which why I was overeating and I had a job where I was paid a lot of money to be bigger, at times which kind of can mess with your head...
    CHICAGO -- A woman successfully convinced her employer to make Juneteenth a permanent paid holiday and told her story in a now-viral tweet thread.Kamaria Morris works as an assistant director of communications at Erikson Institute, a graduate school in downtown Chicago.She said this started as a conversation with her boss about the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and locally, Laquan McDonald, a black teenager who was fatally shot by a Chicago police officer in 2014."With the protests that emerged after George Floyd's murder, it was really a time for all of us to figure out what we can really do so that this time is different," she said.She said during the conversation, she pitched making June 19 a company holiday to observe Juneteenth, a celebration commemorating the emancipation of enslaved African Americans.EMBED More News Videos Gray Hall traces the origins of the African American celebration which commemorates the end of slavery in the U.S. "It can be really scary to speak up, particularly if you are the only black person in your workplace or one of only a few....
    (CNN)In 2017, Sarah Hegazi was arrested and said she was tortured for waving a rainbow gay pride flag at a concert in Cairo. Last weekend, the 30-year-old died by suicide in Canada.Hegazi's friends reported her death, circulated a suicide note and shared an outpouring of messages of solidarity, grief and anger. Their mourning was soon hijacked by hateful messages. On social media, posts about Hegazi that ended with the traditional condolences, "May God Have Mercy on her," were followed by comments saying "she is not worthy of His Mercy," and a torrent of expletives targeting her sexuality. These bitter exchanges echoed a long-running clash between Egyptian progressives and conservatives that haunted Hegazi's life. She was a software developer, a "feminist, interested in politics and a queer activist," fellow LGBTQ activist and friend Malak Elkashif told CNN from Cairo. By waving the flag, Hegazi became an icon for the gay community and a target for state violence.Read MoreAnalysts say that Egypt's government often enforces conservative values by imprisoning, torturing and silencing women, members of the LGBTQ community and other citizens who don't conform to its social norms. Earlier this year, Egypt told the UN Human Rights Council it has "vowed to safeguard human...