Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 19:03:23
56 results - (0.002 seconds)

just talking:

latest news at page 1:
    Trump, with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo On Wednesday morning, congressional leadership was briefed on the intelligence behind Russia’s scheme to murder U. S. soldiers and halt progress on Afghanistan peace talks by offering bounties to Taliban militants. This briefing apparently took place in the Senate SCIF, and while it was originally announced as being for the “gang of eight” (Democratic and Republican leadership, plus the top ranking members of the intelligence committees) it seems that additional senators were on hand. For the most part, Democrats who attended this session came away frustrated that the briefing was given by White House officials with limited direct knowledge. “There was no one there who had any information about what information was given to the president or when it was given to him,” said Senator Elizabeth Warren. “That was not a briefing.” This follows similar complaints about yesterday’s briefing. But as it turns out, a couple of things have emerged concerning the reports that Donald Trump continues to call “a hoax” and which Republican legislators are describing as “unsubstantiated.” First, it seems that these reports—which definitely were...
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — President Donald Trump’s rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma over the weekend was the kickoff of his reelection bid — and Minnesota is one of the states he hopes to win this time. The November election is just over four months away and some of the recent polls for President Trump, including a recent one from Minnesota, are not bringing good news. The latest FOX News National Poll shows Biden leading Trump 50 to 38 points. And just this weekend a new Gravis Poll shows Biden with a 16 point lead here in Minnesota with Biden up 58 to 42 percentage points. The president has said repeatedly he wants to win Minnesota and four years ago he almost did win the state. He lost to Hillary Clinton by just 44,000 votes. Trump supporters point out all the polls were wrong four years ago when they projected Clinton would win. Minnesota Republican Party Chair Jennifer Carnahan was a guest on WCCO Sunday Morning. “It’s what the president said last night in his speech in Tulsa: We are the...
    Celtics center Enes Kanter, a longtime critic of the Turkish government, announced Friday that his father had been freed after spending seven years as a political prisoner. “Wow! I could cry,” Kanter tweeted. “Today I found out that 7 years after arresting my dad, taking him through a Kangaroo court and accusing him of being a criminal just because he is my dad. “MY DAD HAS BEEN RELEASED! This is due to the pressure we have put on the Turkish regime.” Kanter’s father, a genetics professor who was sentenced to 15 years in prison for allegedly supporting the leader of a coup against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, was acquitted of terrorism charges Thursday. Kanter, 28, who once called Erdogan the “Hitler of our century,” had an arrest warrant issued against him by the Turkish government in 2017 and had his Turkish passport cancelled, with accusations of being part of a terror group. While playing for the Knicks in 2019, Kanter declined making a trip for a game in London, fearing he could be assassinated by Turkish spies. Kanter, the third...
    You Betcha dropped a hilarious video about speaking to your siblings. The popular entertainment channel posted “Talking To Your Siblings” Thursday, and this one is damn funny. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) We all know what You Betcha is capable of when it comes to dropping hilarious videos, and this one is solid. Give it a watch below. I can’t get enough of these videos. There are so many parts of that video that I’ve actually lived through and said word-for-word. The part about harassing your sisters’ boyfriends is a mandatory job as a brother. You just have to do it. You’re a bad brother if you don’t! That’s just a fact! It’s a fact, my friends! Part of having siblings is that you’re bound to poke and prod at each other verbally. It goes with the territory. That’s just the way it works, and that’s the way it should work. As a kid, I used to verbally spar daily with my sisters. We still do to this day, but it’s almost much more...
    Washington (CNN)Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms on Sunday rebuked Donald Trump's rhetoric amid days of protests after the death of George Floyd, saying the President "is making it worse" and is stoking racial tensions."He should just stop talking. This is like Charlottesville all over again," Bottoms told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union." "He speaks and he makes it worse. There are times when you should just be quiet and I wish that he would just be quiet. Or if he can't be silent, if there is somebody of good sense and good conscience in the White House, put him in front of a teleprompter and pray he reads it and at least says the right things, because he is making it worse." Her remarks come amid ongoing protests across the country over the death of Floyd, an unarmed African American man who died after he was pinned down by a white Minneapolis police officer. In a series of tweets on Friday, Trump called protestors "THUGS" adding, "when the looting starts, the shooting starts," a phrase with racist...
    Baker Mayfield is done talking, opting instead to let his performance on the field speak for itself. Mayfield told reporters in a video conference on Wednesday that this was the first media speaking event he’s done in some time because “there’s no need to be talking about it.” ODELL BECKHAM JR. HAS THE MOST SKEWED ‘PUBLIC PERCEPTION’ IN THE LEAGUE, NFL INSIDER SAYS  “It’s just time to go do it,” he said, according to ESPN. The Cleveland Browns' third-year quarterback has been known to make controversial statements off the field despite poor performance. He publicly spoke out against former NFL coach Rex Ryan, who called Mayfield “overrated” and slammed the New York Giants last year for drafting Daniel Jones despite his college record. “Blows my mind,” he said at the time. BROWNS’ JIMMY HASLAM POKES FUN AT COWBOYS’ JERRY JONES IN HOT MIC REMARK DURING VIRTUAL OWNERS MEETING: REPORT  But Mayfield’s tune appeared to change on Wednesday. "Right now, it's moving in silence, which is fine with me," he continued. "That's how I used to do it before getting on a...