Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Feb 01, 2023 - 17:36:46
117 results - (0.003 seconds)

eyes open:

latest news at page 1:
    The man standing between Novak Djokovic and a record-tying 20th Grand Slam title, Matteo Berrettini, remembers being wowed by Wimbledon when he played in the junior event as a teenager. "For me, it was just absurd. I asked myself, ‘Who knows if one day I’ll return and play in the main tournament, even just in qualifying? I have no idea.’ And now I’m in the final," he said, then laughed at the thought of it all. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM "So it’s all a bit strange," continued the barrel-chested, big-hitting Berrettini, now 25. "But what’s beautiful ... is that I’m much more aware of what I can do now. I know I can do this, because I’m here." That he is. On Sunday at the All England Club, the No. 1-seeded Djokovic's 30th major final will be No. 7 seed Berrettini's first — and the first for any man from Italy since Adriano Panatta won the 1976 French Open. (It'll also be the first men's final at Wimbledon with a female chair umpire; Marija Cicak of...
    BOSTON (CBS) — The optional portion of the Patriots’ offseason program has concluded. Now, it’s time for mandatory minicamp. And now, we’ll find out where Stephon Gilmore stands with regard to his place on the 2021 New England Patriots. With just one season and a severely under-market salary left on his contract, Gilmore has stayed away from Foxboro during the optional OTA sessions over the past several weeks. But as of Monday, attendance is mandatory for all players under contract, unless they want to face some hefty fines. READ MORE: Hernández Hits 2 Of Jays 8 HRs In 18-4 Rout Of Red Sox So at some point on Monday, Gilmore will either show up to work, with the (assumed) hope of working with the team on a more fair deal. Or he will not show up to work, thus officially becoming a contract holdout. Missing out on Monday’s minicamp session will cost Gilmore roughly $15,000. Missing a second session would roughly $30,000 more to his fine. And missing all three would add a find of more than $45,000, bringing the three-day total to...
    Ted Cruz was struggling to keep his eyes open during Joe Biden's first address to Congress, before he went on to blast the president's 'monotone' speech 'boring but radical'.   The Texas senator was caught on camera appearing to nod off Wednesday night as he sat in the House Chamber of the Capitol where Biden spoke of his administration’s first 100 days in office and his plans for America's future.  The moment came more than one hour into Biden's address where he was talking about his administration's plans to reform immigration.  Immigration has been a recent hot topic to the Texas lawmaker, as he has emerged as one of the most vocal critics of the Biden administration's handling of the influx of migrants crossing the US-Mexico border in recent months.  But, despite his apparent interest in the issue, Cruz didn't manage to stay focused on the urgency of it.  Ted Cruz was struggling to keep his eyes open during Joe Biden's first address to Congress 'If you actually want to solve a problem, I've sent a bill. Take a close...
    ASHLEY Cain has shared his joy after baby Azaylia finally managed to open her eyes after two days of not being able to see due to severe swelling. The 30-year-old star explained that he and girlfriend Safiyya "consistently" applied a cold compress to the little one's eyes and eventually the remedy managed to do the trick. 9Baby Azaylia finally managed to open her eyes today The devoted dad shared a sweet video of himself gazing adoringly at his little girl as she lay beside him, with one of the compressions over her eyes at the time. After being told the devastating news that Azaylia could just have days to live at the end of last month, Ashley wrote: "Another day to count our blessings." He went on: "The last few days Azaylia's face has been that swollen she couldn't open her eyes. So we decided to cold compress them to try and reduce the swelling so she can see. "After consistently doing this for the last two days she managed to open her eyes again today!" 9Her eyes had been...
    ASHLEY Cain's girlfriend Safiyya took to Instagram this evening to reveal that baby Azaylia is "struggling to open her eyes" because they are so swollen. The worried parents sought advice from their community nurse on how to combat the fluid retention - two weeks after being given the news that their eight-month-old daughter's leukaemia is terminal. 7Safiyya updated followers on Instagram this evening Safiyya could be seen cradling her little girl as she explained to followers: "Azaylia's got really, really swollen eyes today and we've been told by our community nurses to put some cold compresses on them and get them down again so she can open her eyes, bless her. "She's really, really struggling today." The brave mum added in the caption that they have also been told to turn Azaylia's feed down to stop fluid retention. Earlier today, Safiyya paid sweet tribute to her fighter daughter in a moving Instagram post as she shared artwork supporters had sent her and Ashley. 7She revealed that baby Azaylia couldn't open her eyes 7The brave little girl is struggling with fluid...
    By Carly Wipf/San Jose Spotlight SAN JOSE (BCN) — San Jose leaders want to keep businesses open safely outdoors by extending San Jose’s Al Fresco program. READ MORE: Stimulus Check Latest: Track Your Economic Relief Payment From The IRS The program has allowed many businesses such as gyms and cafes to move outdoors amid COVID-19 health restrictions. But a rule that allowed businesses to run on city-owned parking lots, streets and parks free of charge is set to expire by the end of the month. The San Jose City Council will vote Tuesday to possibly extend Al Fresco through Sept. 30, but some are hoping the program will last longer — or even become permanent. “We wish it was a longer extension,” said Nate LeBlanc, business development manager with the San Jose Downtown Association. “We feel that this has been a great program and we really appreciate the city being flexible with this. It’s had a tangible benefit.” He said SJDA is advocating for an extension through December.Even with Santa Clara County this month moving into the less-restrictive orange...
    MIKEL ARTETA has revealed he is open to coaching Paris Saint-Germain one day, but insists he is currently engrossed with the work he is doing at Arsenal. Arteta joined the Gunners in 2019 and hit the ground running by winning the FA Cup in his first season. 3Arteta feels he is building something at Arsenal despite a turbulent seasonCredit: AP But in his first full campaign in 2020-21 the Spaniard has struggled to establish consistent performances as they languish in ninth in the Premier League table. As a result, Arteta has been linked with moves away from the Emirates, most notably to Barcelona where he came through the youth ranks as a player. However, it is PSG which he has now been quoted as saying he has an emotional affiliation with. Speaking about the possibility of managing PSG in the future, he told beIN Sports: "I love Paris, I love Paris. "I have very good memories from over there. It was my first club as a professional. The club is always in my heart. "You never know but I have...
    By PATTY NIEBERG, Associated Press DENVER (AP) — Colorado Gov. Jared Polis said he expects every resident to be eligible to get the coronavirus vaccine by mid-April, a faster timeline than what President Joe Biden previously announced. On Thursday, Biden said that he's directing all states to open vaccine eligibility to all ages on May 1. “In Colorado, we always aim to do better," Polis said at a news conference on Friday. "We’re very competitive and ... we’re able to announce today that we expect we will be there by mid-April. We will have that date in the next week or two as we further refine our supply projections.” When eligibility opens to all residents, providers will be able to use their own discretion to prioritize those in higher-risk categories, said Scott Bookman, COVID-19 Incident Commander. Polis made the announcement on Friday as he also announced that Colorado residents over the age of 50 and essential workers would be eligible by March 19 — two days earlier than previously expected. By March 17, vaccine providers should have information on how...
    Hate crime bill starts journey through S Carolina Statehouse French teen admits she lied about teacher lesson that got him beheaded by Islamic terrorist (Reuters) - Roger Federer is targeting a third Olympic medal at the Tokyo Games this year after missing out in 2016 due to injury as he looks to gain momentum when he returns to the court this week after 13 months on the sidelines with a knee problem. © Reuters/MIKE HUTCHINGS FILE PHOTO: "The Match In Africa" Exhibition Match Federer, 39, is making his long-awaited comeback at the Qatar Open -- where he plays Britain's Dan Evans in the second round -- after two knee surgeries ended his season last year. The Swiss has not played a competitive match since his Australian Open semi-final loss to Novak Djokovic last year but is already looking ahead to Wimbledon and the Olympics. "Participation in the Olympics is part of my plan although my main goal was everything from today until Wimbledon, the tournament that precedes the Olympics," Federer told beIN Sports. "I hope that I will be...
    Police officers injured breaking up large gathering in Colorado Biden to sign order meant to make voting easier By Sudipto Ganguly © Reuters/HANNAH MCKAY FILE PHOTO: Tennis - Australian Open - Semi Final (Reuters) - Roger Federer never contemplated retirement as he spent 13 months on the sidelines due to double knee surgery last year and the 39-year-old says he is now pain-free and ready to play again with a feeling that his story is not over yet. Federer, tied with Rafa Nadal on a record 20 Grand Slam singles titles, has not played a competitive match since losing to world number one Novak Djokovic in the Australian Open semi-finals in 2020. The Swiss maestro will make his highly-anticipated return at this week's Qatar Open, where he is seeded behind U.S. Open champion Dominic Thiem. "I'm very happy to be back playing a tournament again. It's been a long time. I never thought it would take this long," Federer told reporters on Sunday. The Swiss has a bye in the first round in Doha, where he is a three-time...
    The first white lion born without disease in Spain weighs almost four kilos, and grows little by little and with the utmost care at the Mundo Park zoo in Guillena (Seville), where today it has been officially presented by its keepers. The park manager and animal caretaker, Juan Luis Malpartida, explained to journalists that the puppy he is the son “of a couple of lions who have been here for several years, and they already had us worried “, since they had no offspring until last year, although the puppy died of hydrocephalus. Now this second is born, the first disease free, who already weighs more than three kilos, and that “we were struck by the fact that he was born with his eyes open, (…) he ran around the room, with his eyes open behind his mother.” Presentation of the first white lion cub born in Spain without diseases.RAÚL CARO / EFE Since he was born, he has been suckling normally, which he did for 17 days, “until the mother stopped lying down to feed him, so we took...
    Naomi Osaka already is a star at age 23. She has the four Grand Slam titles, the record-breaking endorsement deals and the willingness to speak her mind to prove it. Now the question is: Where does she go from here? It was telling that the second question posed to Osaka at the news conference following her 6-4, 6-3 victory over Jennifer Brady in the Australian Open final Saturday — after she took a sip of celebratory bubbly that she said made her “feel a little bit funny” — was about turning in better performances at Wimbledon and the French Open. After all, each of her major championships so far came on hard courts at Melbourne Park (2019, 2021) or the U.S. Open (2018, 2020). She never has been past the third round at the All England Club or Roland Garros. Even more revealing was Osaka’s response. Asked whether her first non-hard-court Slam trophy will come on clay or grass, she said: “Hopefully clay, because it’s the one that’s sooner.” She is not about biding her time or patient improvement. And...
    By HOWARD FENDRICH, AP Tennis Writer Whether or not Naomi Osaka claims the Australian Open championship — and make no mistake, she will be expected to win — this much seems certain: Tennis has a new dominant force. Sure, it’s clearly possible that Osaka could be beaten by the 22nd-seeded American Jennifer Brady in the title match at Melbourne Park on Saturday. Brady is, after all, emerging as a force on hard courts, too, thanks to a big serve and big forehand. She pushed Osaka to three sets before losing to her in the U.S. Open semifinals last September, then shrugged off a two-week hard quarantine in Australia to reach her first Grand Slam final. It is the No. 3-seeded Osaka, though, who overpowered and overwhelmed Serena Williams in the semifinals Thursday. Who is riding a 20-match winning streak dating to last season. Who already has spent time at No. 1 in the rankings. Who is seeking her second Australian Open title and fourth Slam trophy — and she is still only 23. Like 23-time major champion Williams, there is...
    Whether or not Naomi Osaka claims the Australian Open championship — and make no mistake, she will be expected to win — this much seems certain: Tennis has a new dominant force. Sure, it’s clearly possible that Osaka could be beaten by the 22nd-seeded American Jennifer Brady in the title match at Melbourne Park on Saturday. Brady is, after all, emerging as a force on hard courts, too, thanks to a big serve and big forehand. She pushed Osaka to three sets before losing to her in the U.S. Open semifinals last September, then shrugged off a two-week hard quarantine in Australia to reach her first Grand Slam final. It is the No. 3-seeded Osaka, though, who overpowered and overwhelmed Serena Williams in the semifinals Thursday. Who is riding a 20-match winning streak dating to last season. Who already has spent time at No. 1 in the rankings. Who is seeking her second Australian Open title and fourth Slam trophy — and she is still only 23. Like 23-time major champion Williams, there is a determination...
    ABC/Craig Sjodin Matt James on 'The Bachelor.' Even though we are halfway through season 25 of The Bachelor, the same question lingers: Why does Matt James kiss with his eyes open? His recent appearance on Watch What Happens Live seems to provide at least some insight. When asked by the Bravo talk show’s host, Andy Cohen, about his first kiss, James recounted the harrowing story. The real estate broker explained, “I was in seventh grade and I snuck out of the movie theaters to make out with my current girlfriend and I bit her lip so hard that she bled down her chin.” He blamed the incident for his open-eyed kisses, quipping, “I was so traumatized by that experience, I think I started kissing with my eyes open after that so I made sure everything was going the right direction.” Fans seemed to really take notice of this habit starting with the second episode of the season. One fan’s tweet, “i’ve found Matt James’ glaring flaw: he kisses with his eyes open,” echoes the sentiment of many of...
    The sun is not special. I know that’s a churlish thing to say about everyone’s favorite celestial body, our planet’s giver of light, life and spectacular Instagram backdrops. Awesome as it is, though, the sun is still a pretty ordinary star, one of an estimated 100 billion to 400 billion in the Milky Way galaxy alone. And the Milky Way is itself just one galaxy among hundreds of billions or perhaps trillions in the observable universe. Then there’s Earth, a lovely place to raise a species but, as planets go, perhaps as unusual as a Starbucks in a strip mall. Billions of the Milky Way’s stars could be orbited by planets with similarly ideal conditions to support life. There may be quintillions or a sextillion potentially habitable planets — which is more than the estimated grains of sand on all of Earth’s beaches. You might respond with physicist Enrico Fermi’s famous paradox: If life is so common, why haven’t we seen it? Now, in a dazzling new book, “Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth,” astrophysicist Avi Loeb...
    The 18 essential Denzel Washington movie performances of all time, ranked Wall Street Is Volatile, But How Safe Is Your 401(K)? Womens future major championship sites: Host course ratings, with all eyes on 2023 The LPGA and golf’s powers that be have upped their games in recent years when it comes to the level of golf courses that host women’s major championships, and the upcoming three years promise several great layouts for the best female players in the world. © Provided by Golfweek Tops among the upcoming courses to host women’s majors are Carnoustie’s Championship Course in Scotland, Muirfield in Scotland and Pebble Beach in California. The women have five majors each year, compared to four for the men. They are the ANA Inspiration, the U.S. Women’s Open, the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship, the Evian Championship and the AIG Women’s Open. The ANA Inspiration and the Evian Championship are played on the same courses each year, the Mission Hills Dinah Shore Tournament Course and the Evian Resort Golf Club in France, respectively. The other three move from course to...
    John Gilbert Getty, the grandson of billionaire oil tycoon J. Paul Getty and heir to the estimated $5billion family fortune, died from complications related to a fentanyl overdose, it has been revealed. Getty, a musician, passed away at the age of 52 on November 20 and his body was found in a suite at the upscale Hotel Emma in San Antonio, Texas. He died of cardiomyopathy and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease which were complicated by fentanyl toxicity, according to the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office in Texas, as per TMZ. The medical examiner’s office said the overdose was accidental. John's death was the latest tragedy to strike the Getty family.  His death came just two months after his mother Anne Gilbert died of a heart attack at the age of 79 and nearly six years after John's brother Andrew died of a hemorrhage in 2015 with a toxic level of methamphetamine in his system.  John Gilbert Getty, the 52-year-old grandson of billionaire oil tycoon J. Paul Getty and heir to the estimated $5billion family fortune, died from complications related...
    Super lightweight boxer Mykquan Williams makes his national TV debut on Showtime’s ShoBox. Williams rises with the help of his boxing family.  The old saying “life isn’t fair” is a reality that we’ve all had to deal with at some point, but most haven’t had to experience that sad certainty as early as boxer Mykquan Williams. With everything falling into place, Williams is ready to put his boxing skills on display for the world to see. Williams’ opponent Yeis Gabriel Solano (15-0, 10 KOs) is the toughest test of his career. Solano is a hard-punching fighter from Colombia who presents a stiff challenge. Williams knows that a good showing could snowball into more opportunities, but he’s taking the pressure in stride. “It’ll open a lot of doors and eyes in the boxing world toward me,” said Willaims. “We don’t expect anything, but I know that putting on a great performance would definitely open a lot of eyes and doors for me in the future.” Williams’ road hasn’t been easy, but he’s in a good place because of the love and help...
    While the District is on guard against extremists who threaten to disrupt Wednesday’s inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden, a D.C. police commander has asked residents to look for any suspicious gatherings in their neighborhoods. First District Commander Morgan Kane — responsible for policing the city’s business and political center, including the neighborhoods of Capitol Hill — asked residents in a Saturday morning virtual community meeting to watch for any suspicious people in their neighborhood homes, parking garages and parking lots. “We known that Airbnb has canceled all their reservations for the District, but we also know is that there’s Craigslist and another venue called Zeus where people can rent out their properties,” Commander Kane said in the online meeting of residents of the First and Fifth Metropolitan Police Districts. “So when you all are in your communities, if you see something that looks suspicious — maybe a gathering, maybe a home that has people staying in it that could possibly be here to cause further harm to our city and violence, rioting — notify us.” Kane told the meeting that...
    Greek boxer Andreas Katzourakis is ready to make a name for himself in the U.S. He’s working with former GGG trainer Abel Sanchez to improve his skills.  A little more than 5,000 miles away from the U.S. east coast, in Athens, Greece, professional boxer Andreas Katzourakis is preparing to travel to the U.S. in a quest to break through into the highest levels of the middleweight division. Next: After the fight: How far will Ryan Garcia go?      
    ABC Matt James. The Bachelor star Matt James caught some serious hot on social media on Monday night as viewers couldn’t help but notice that he was kissing women with his eyes open. James’ open-eye kissing became a topic of conversation amongst Bachelor viewers, most of whom were trying to figure out one simple question: Why? On Tuesday, James’ real life best friend, and former Bachelorette star, Tyler Cameron jumped on the opportunity to troll his boy, getting on him about his odd on-screen behavior. A short while later, James responded to Cameron’s remark — and he gave fans what they’ve been hoping for — a reason for why he keeps his eyes open while kissing. Here’s what you need to know:Tyler Cameron Called out His Dude With Several Crying With Laughter Emoji & Matt James Responded ???????????? ayyyyoooo @mattjames919 what we got going on over here https://t.co/barfeB2ppQ — Tyler Cameron (@TylerJCameron3) January 12, 2021 Leave it to Tyler Cameron to share a still from Monday night’s episode of The Bachelor and call his boy out on a public forum. Cameron...
    Amanda Bynes Fiancé Paul Michael Shares Rare Selfie of the Actress The No. 1 job in America that pays $100,000 a year — it’s not in Silicon Valley Sony Open odds: Harris English eyes Hawaiian sweep, but not the favorite Week 2 of the PGA Tour's Hawaiian double takes place at Waialae Country Club in Honolulu. The Sony Open is the first full-field tournament of the new year, coming after last week's limited-field Sentry Tournament of Champions. © Provided by Golf Channel The Maui champion, Harris English, is in this week's field, looking to do what Justin Thomas did in 2017 and Ernie Els did in 2003, and win both Hawaiian events. But English isn't the betting favorite. Here's a look at the notable odds to win the Sony Open in Hawaii: +1200: Webb Simpson +1300: Collin Morikawa +1400: Harris English +1800: Daniel Berger, Sungjae Im +2000: Hideki Matsuyama +2200: Joaquin Niemann Gallery: Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson: When they were teammates (SMG) +2500: Cameron Smith +2800: Kevin Kisner, Abraham Ancer +3000: Ryan Palmer, Russell Henley +3300: Adam Scott, Matt Kuchar +4000: Zach Johnson, Sergio Garcia, Brendon Todd, Billy Horschel, Lanto Griffin +5000: Brian Harman, Charles Howell III, Marc Leishman, Jason Kokrak, Emiliano Grillo, Sebastian...
    Sandra Lee Starts Cleanse After Gaining 30 Pounds Last Year Democratic Wins in Georgia Expected to Slam the S&P 500 Civil Guard training opened my eyes to migrants hardships - Muguruza (Reuters) - Two-time Grand Slam champion Garbine Muguruza has said training with special groups of Spain's Civil Guard police force during her off-season opened her eyes to the hardships faced by vulnerable migrants trying to reach Europe. © Reuters/CHARLES PLATIAU French Open Muguruza underwent military training with the Civil Guard after her French Open exit in October last year, taking part in helicopter rescue missions, cave diving and self-defence classes on the Spanish island of Mallorca. "It was an incredible week," Muguruza told reporters at the Abu Dhabi Open. "I've always wanted to do military training, ever since I was a kid, but the timing was never right with playing tennis. "Just sharing with them the kind of job that they do – they don't get any awards or trophies – it was such an experience." The 27-year-old said that seeing migrants make sea crossings from Africa was...
    Former Houston police captain charged with pointing gun at air-conditioner repairman, believing he was a voter fraud mastermind Babysitter Charged in Murder of Georgia Toddler as Police Say They Found Disturbing Phone Searches Annika Sorenstam dusts off clubs as she eyes possible return at U.S. Senior Women’s Open When Annika Sorenstam retired from professional golf in 2008, she never envisioned making a comeback. And 10 years later, when the U.S. Golf Association held the inaugural U.S. Senior Women’s Open at Chicago Golf Club and people started to gauge the LPGA legend’s interest in competing, Sorenstam was consistent in her response: I’m too young, I’m too young. © Provided by Golf Channel “Well, now I’m not too young,” said Sorenstam, who turned 50 in October. On the heels of the year’s final major, the U.S. Women’s Open, Sorenstam revealed that she has dusted off her clubs with the intention of returning to competition in 2021. Don’t call it a comeback, though; Sorenstam says she’s not interested in playing LPGA events, or even much on the Legends Tour, the LPGA’s senior circuit....
    Stewart Pearce, who is in his late 60s, met the Princess of Wales in 1995, shortly after she had given the BBC Panorama interview Princess Diana's former voice coach has dismissed claims she was duped into a Panorama interview by Martin Bashir and insisted she went into it with her 'eyes wide open'. Stewart Pearce, who is in his late 60s, met the Princess of Wales in 1995, shortly after she had given the BBC interview. Mr Pearce worked closely with Diana for the last two years of her life and they were friends, even spending time in New York together. Mr Pearce disputed there was anything 'nefarious' about what Diana experienced in the interview. The BBC inquiry into the piece is now scrutinising a handwritten letter from the Royal which apparently showers the shamed journalist with praise. Mr Pearce, who has worked with politicians including Margaret Thatcher and Tony Benn, said: 'Diana went into that interview with her eyes wide open. She told me. 'Her post-Bashir considerations formed the premise for the two of us to meet, so of course we talked about...
    Janel wore a few gold pieces from her own jewelry line. On Sunday, December 6, Janel Parrish took to Instagram to share a striking photo of herself modeling multiple statement-making pieces from her own line of designer jewelry. However, a daring decision to wear less clothing likely made it difficult for many of her 7.5 million followers to keep their eyes on her dazzling accessories. Janel, 32, posed in front of a plain white background that ensured that the spotlight was solely on her. The Pretty Little Liars star rocked a crisp, classic Ralph Lauren blazer in navy blue. The piece featured a notched lapel and a monogrammed crest patch on the left chest pocket. The embroidered emblem included gold laurels and a red-and-gold crown. A sliver of a shiny button could be seen at the very bottom of the photo. It was unfastened, and the front of Janel’s coat was completely open. She wore no top beneath it and opted to go braless as well. This showcased the smooth inner curves of her bust. Her decolletage had a subtle...
    Daisy Keech — the model and influencer who founded the content creator collective known as The Clubhouse — breathed new life into her infrequently updated Instagram profile with a sultry new slideshow. The photo update, which went live on her timeline on Saturday afternoon, included two close-up snapshots of the 21-year-old showing off her naturally curly blond hair in exquisite detail. Moreover, her open jacket and the plunging tank top she wore beneath it allowed her ample bosom to be prominently displayed for her 5.4 million followers to enjoy in both of the uploaded photos. In the caption, Keech confessed that she does like her naturally wavy hair, but only for a day or so before she feels compelled to straighten it. Nevertheless, her fans were effusive in their praise for her look in the slideshow, taking to the comments section in multitudes to publicly swoon over the sensuous share. As of this writing, nearly 1,000 comments had been left in the thread. “Leave your hair alone!!! It looks great!!!” demanded one admirer, who emphasized their approval with multiple fire...
    JOHN Gilbert Getty was found "with his eyes and mouth open" sitting in an "Indian style-pose" after the oil tycoon heir died in a hotel room. Getty, 52, was found unresponsive at the luxury Hotel Emma in San Antonio, Texas, on November 20 - just months after the death of his mom and nearly six years after the death of his brother. John Gilbert Getty, 52, was found dead at a hotel in Texas in an 'Indian style pose' 9When the hotel staffer entered he found Getty on the bed, said he was 'cold to the touch' and he was unable to wake himCredit: Bookings.com 9Getty's body was discovered by staff at the luxury Hotel Emma in downtown San Antonio, Texas on November 20Credit: Alamy According to a police report, Getty was found dead while in an "Indian style sitting pose" with both his eyes and mouth wide open. The hotel staffer told police he entered Getty's room because it had past the noon check out time and they were unable to get hold of him. The heir to...
    John Getty, a grandson of billionaire oil tycoon J. Paul Getty and heir to the estimated $5billion family fortune, was found dead while in an 'Indian style sitting pose' with both his eyes and mouth wide open, DailyMail.com can reveal. According to a police report obtained by DailyMail.com Getty's body was discovered by staff in a $500 a night suite at the luxury Hotel Emma in downtown San Antonio, Texas on November 20. The hotel staffer told police he entered Getty's room because it had past the noon check out time and they were unable to get hold of him. John Gilbert Getty, 52, was an heir to billionaire oil tycoon J. Paul Getty. He was found dead while in an 'Indian style sitting pose' with both his eyes and mouth wide open, DailyMail.com can reveal. The cause of death is currently unknown but foul play is not suspected, authorities said According to a police report obtained by DailyMail.com Getty's body was discovered by staff in a $500 a night suite at the luxury Hotel Emma in downtown...
    SMILING emojis are useful when you want to let someone know you're joking around or sending a warm message instead of a serious one. But how do you choose which face to send? Here we share the ultimate emoji guide to the icons and the meaning behind each smiley face... What do different smiley emojis mean? 14 No idea what these faces mean? Read our handy guide According Emojipedia, each of these smiley face icons has a very different meaning… Grinning face 14 Use this emoji if you want to convey happiness and good humourCredit: emojipedia Meaning There are two variations of this face grinning face - one wiht big eyes another with smiling eyes. Both show upper teeth and tongue on some platforms. This face conveys good cheer and humour. Use This face could be used to represent a humorous turn of events, good will or a cheeky joke. Smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes 14 Did you know this emoji has a secret second use?Credit: emojipedia Meaning This emoji has its mouth is wide open with eyes...
    LOGAN SQUARE — A liquor store could come to the strip mall at the corner of Kedzie and Armitage avenues, but not before the owner wins approval from neighbors and local aldermen. The owner of the Subway in the strip mall is looking to open the liquor store at 3129 W. Armitage Ave., next to Z Smoke Shop, according to property owner Zia Shamoon and Ald. Daniel La Spata’s 1st Ward office. To open the liquor store, the applicant needs aldermen to sign off on a packaged goods license and to agree to lift the liquor moratorium on Armitage Avenue between Humboldt Boulevard and Kedzie Avenue, which includes the 32nd and 1st wards. Ald. Scott Waguespack’s 32nd Ward office recently launched an online survey that allows neighbors to weigh in on the proposal, which could have a broader impact on the neighborhood. If Waguespack and La Spata were to lift the liquor moratorium, more liquor stores could open between Humboldt Boulevard and Kedzie Avenue, Waguespack’s office said in the survey. But there’s another option for neighbors who approve this project...
    A DIVER was savaged to death by a shark as his wife tried to save him but she gave up when his eyes were open but he was unresponsive, an inquest heard today. Gary Johnson was killed by a shark off the coast of Esperance, near Cull Island in Western Australia on January 5. 6Gary Johnson was killed while diving with his wife Karen MilliganCredit: Facebook 6 The Western Australia Coroner's Court heard that Mr Johnson was using a shark shield when he was attacked, news.com.au reported. Senior Constable Craig Robertson told the court that Mr Johnson's wife Karen Milligan said he was a cautious diver. The couple were diving together when Mr Johnson was attacked. They reached the seafloor, a depth of about 15m, before Mr Johnson disappeared over a mound. Constable Robertson said: "She thought it was unusual as it was not normal for him to do this." Ms Milligan swam towards her husband and saw the water become "full of blood and sand", and noticed a shark tail "flapping" in the water. "She swam forward in an...
    An Emirates Airbus 380-800 about to land.Fabrizio Gandolfo | SOPA Images | LightRocket | Getty Images Emirates expects to return to profitability in the next two years, as new travel corridors open and the global aviation industry attempts to rebound from the worst crisis in its history.  "I believe that within the next 18 months, two years, we will return ourselves to profitability," Emirates President Tim Clark told CNBC in an exclusive interview on Sunday.   "We will certainly be cash positive during the course of the back end of next year, returning to profitability in (financial year) 2022-2023," he added. Earlier this week, Emirates Group reported a loss of $3.8 billion for the first half of the year, its first loss in 30 years, as the coronavirus-related lockdowns brought global air passenger travel to a halt. Revenue collapsed 74 percent to $3.7 billion dollars. "There are a lot of things that can change that," Clark said, flagging a number of key concerns still hanging over the sector. "We are an international company trading on the whole of the world's operations."...
    Surface actor Eddie Hassell dies at 30 in Texas shooting Election Day deals: Get a free Krispy Kreme donut, Planet Fitness workout plus a McDonalds freebie Tuesday Polands Swiatek settles into celebrity status and eyes more silverware By Joanna Plucinska © Reuters/CHARLES PLATIAU FILE PHOTO: Poland's Iga Swiatek poses with the trophy after winning the French Open WARSAW (Reuters) - Iga Swiatek went from being a largely unknown teenager to suddenly acquiring celebrity status after winning the French Open in October - and the Pole is now confident she can go on to win all the Grand Slam titles in her career. Swiatek was ranked no. 54 in the world when she entered the rescheduled French Open in September, but went on to secure an upset by beating Sofia Kenin in the final to become the first Polish player to win a Grand Slam singles title. Now, the 19-year-old has had to adapt quickly to her new-found fame with new sponsorship deals, training offers and a deluge of media requests. However, she remains grounded - even if her...
    JINGER Duggar’s husband, Jeremy Vuolo, was slammed by a fan when the religious couple preached about the “art of kindness.”  The Counting On star shared the optimistic message that also spoke of being “gentle” and “slow to anger” but the topic quickly turned to the controversial church pastor.  10A fan warned the Counting On star to 'open her eyes' to Jeremy's 'misdeeds' Credit: TLC 10Despite previously saying homosexuality is a 'sin,' Jeremy wore a tie on National Coming Out Day Credit: Instagram To promote her Christian podcast she co-hosts every week with her man, Hope We Hold, the pregnant 26-year-old preached a message of kindness.  “I want to be a kind person. I want to be kind like Christ. I want to be gentle and patient and slow to anger!  "@challies joined us for the latest episode to talk about kindness and share some practical wisdom on how to pursue those character traits,” she tweeted of Canadian author Tim Challies. However, one fan turned the tables to shed light on Jeremy: “You need to open your eyes and see the...
    By SCHUYLER DIXON, AP Sports Writer ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Atlanta's Freddie Freeman and Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw apparently had trouble seeing early in Game 4 of the NL Championship Series because of windy conditions in a stadium with a retractable roof. Major League Baseball said it wanted to keep the roof open at Globe Life Field — barring rain — when the agreement was reached for the new home of the Texas Rangers to host three rounds of the playoffs in the pandemic-shortened season. Fox reported during the telecast Thursday night that Dodgers manager Dave Roberts told umpire Cory Blaser between innings that Kershaw and first baseman Max Muncy were having trouble seeing. Freeman was reaching for his eyes after striking out swinging in the first, and Fox reported he said, “I can't see," upon returning to the dugout. The MVP candidate with two homers in the NLCS briefly tried glasses while in the field and also was shown getting eyedrops. Freeman cleanly fielded Corey Seager's hard one-hopper to first leading off the fourth. Freeman didn't appear...
    ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Atlanta’s Freddie Freeman and Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw apparently had trouble seeing early in Game 4 of the NL Championship Series because of windy conditions in a stadium with a retractable roof. Major League Baseball said it wanted to keep the roof open at Globe Life Field — barring rain — when the agreement was reached for the new home of the Texas Rangers to host three rounds of the playoffs in the pandemic-shortened season. Fox reported during the telecast Thursday night that Dodgers manager Dave Roberts told umpire Cory Blaser between innings that Kershaw and first baseman Max Muncy were having trouble seeing. Freeman was reaching for his eyes after striking out swinging in the first, and Fox reported he said, “I can’t see,” upon returning to the dugout. The MVP candidate with two homers in the NLCS briefly tried glasses while in the field and also was shown getting eyedrops. Freeman cleanly fielded Corey Seager’s hard one-hopper to first leading off the fourth. Freeman didn’t appear to be having trouble seeing when...
    NAUGHTY husky Oreo became an internet hit for pulling the ultimate “guilty face” after eating his owner’s sofa this week. But his expression was not really about regret, according to The Sun on Sunday’s Pet Vet Sean McCormack. 6Husky Oreo became an internet hit for pulling the ultimate 'guilty face' after eating his owner’s sofa He said: “It was actually a response to his owner’s no-doubt furious body language. “The naughty pooch wouldn’t have connected it to the good times he’d had earlier eating the sofa.” Here, Sean helps Sarah Arnold decode what our pets are really saying with their expressions. Scaredy cat 6Round eyes and a slightly open mouth can signal anxietyCredit: Getty Images - Getty Round eyes, dilated pupils and a slightly open mouth signal anxiety, not surprise. Other key signs are a raised nose and chattering teeth. Up to no good 6If a cat is resting their head on their paws it means they're about to do something naughtyCredit: Getty Images - Getty Resting their head on their paws with eyes darting side to side...
    SeeHer Story Recognizes Folk Singer and Activist Joan Baez Episode 16 Pipeline Billionaire Follows Playbook, Stepping Down But Staying In Paris, Kenin eyes 2nd Slam of year, Swiatek 1st of career A little more than four years ago in Paris, Iga Swiatek beat Sofia Kenin 6-4, 7-5 in the third round of the French Open junior event. © Provided by Associated Press Sofia Kenin of the U.S. clenches her fist after scoring a point against Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic in the semifinal match of the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris, France, Thursday, Oct. 8, 2020. (AP Photo/Michel Euler) “I remember I lost. I don’t remember how I played,” Kenin said when asked about the only encounter between the two. “But definitely I can say I was not as comfortable on clay as I am now, as I started to feel last year. ... Of course, we’re both different players now.” Certainly are. And the stakes in their second matchup at Roland Garros are considerably different from that 2016 meeting, too: Kenin,...
    Mei Xiang’s panda cub. (Courtesy Smithsonian National Zoo/Marty Dearie) Giant panda Mei Xiang’s 6-week-old cub is beginning to open its eyes, the Smithsonian’s National Zoo keepers said in an update Friday. During a weekly checkup, keeper Marty Dearie described the cub “as wide awake, alert and very vocal while we took its measurements!” The cub now weighs 3.6 pounds, and is 14 inches from nose to tail tip. “Just like all babies, giant pandas go through spurts of steadiness and growth. All in all, we are very happy with the progress it is making — it is gaining weight and very active,” Dearie said. “One new and exciting development is that the cub’s eyes are beginning to open!” Dearie said that the cub’s eyes will be fully open at 8 weeks. After that will come the cub’s ears. The cub’s DNA is still being analyzed to determine its sex. See video of the cub crawling below. And get panda updates from the Smithsonian online.
    Kaitlyn Dever says Monsterland is about coping with your inner monster Fact check: Post online satirizes Judge Amy Coney Barrett in yearbook photo with fake quote Ostapenko eyes consistency but faces tricky Pliskova test (Reuters) - Jelena Ostapenko is on a mission to regain the form that earned her a maiden Grand Slam title at the French Open in 2017, but the Latvian faces a daunting task in the second round as she takes on second seed Karolina Pliskova on Thursday. © Reuters/KIM HONG-JI Tennis - Australian Open - Second Round © Reuters/GONZALO FUENTES French Open Ostapenko rose as high as number five in the world a year on from her Roland Garros triumph but has struggled on Parisian clay ever since, losing in the first round of the major in the past two years. She took a step towards getting back on track with a 6-2 6-1 victory over American Madison Brengle in her opener. "I have to be more confident in my game, more consistent," the world number 43 told reporters. "If there's a consistency in my...
    CLEVELAND (CBSNewYork/AP) — Shane Bieber’s first playoff appearance for Cleveland will come against the team that personifies postseason baseball excellence. All those pinstripes. The roll call of Hall of Famers. The 27 World Series titles. The history. Here comes the New York Yankees and all their autumnal aura. No pressure. Bieber and the Indians are ready. “We’re fired up,” said the cool right-hander and lock to win the AL Cy Young Award. “We think this is a good matchup.” Just a few miles from where Donald Trump and Joe Biden will square off in the first presidential debate on Tuesday night, Bieber and New York’s Gerrit Cole meet in a Game 1 marquee meeting of two of the game’s best pitchers as this shortened, odd-ball season enters what could be a wild wild-card round. “The stakes. They’re high. I enjoy them” – @GerritCole45 pic.twitter.com/kjptqYMp6T — New York Yankees (@Yankees) September 28, 2020 The 60-game sprint is about to speed up some more as the 16-team bracket will be chopped quickly in half by best-of-three series. There is no margin...
    Men to watch at the French Open, where play begins Sunday: ___ NOVAK DJOKOVIC Seeded: 1 Ranked: 1 Country: Serbia Age: 33 2020 Match Record: 31-1 2020 Singles Titles: 4 Career Singles Titles: 81 Grand Slam Singles Titles: 17 — French Open (1: 2016), Australian Open (8: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020), Wimbledon (5: 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019), U.S. Open (3: 2011, 2015, 2018) Last 5 French Opens: 2019-Lost in Semifinals, 2018-QF, 2017-QF, 2016-Won Championship, 2015-Runner-Up Aces: Resumes bid for Grand Slam title No. 18 — which would put him two behind Roger Federer, one behind Rafael Nadal — after being disqualified at the U.S. Open. … Returned to competition at Italian Open, which he won for a record 36th Masters 1000 trophy, breaking a tie with Nadal. … Passed Pete Sampras this week for second place behind Federer in list of most weeks at No. 1 in the ATP rankings. Matchup to Watch For: Could play No. 15 seed Karen Khachanov in 4th round. Words: “Pete was my childhood idol growing up, so of...
    By SHELLY CONLON, Sioux Falls Argus Leader SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — The Sioux Falls school board next month will look at changing the district’s open enrollment policy. The possible changes come as the district prepares to open two new schools in fall of 2021. They also come amid allegations of favoritism among high schools and bias in existing policies, which residents noted during community meetings when boundary changes were discussed earlier this year. Any changes could impact parents’ options in where their kids attend school. The board is expected read its first possible policy changes in October and then open it up for the public to weigh in, before a final vote, said Brett Arenz, the district’s in-house legal counsel. Open enrollment applications can be accepted starting Dec. 1 for the next school year, the Argus Leader reported. The big pieces the district is evaluating are controlling growth and where the district wants students to land now that the new boundaries have been set, Superintendent Jane Stavem said. The other component? Looking at how specialized schools or programs have...
    19 families buy nearly 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a city safe for Black people Jobs that could grow during the pandemic and recession New instructor helps boost Nelly Kordas confidence as she eyes first major victory at ANA The first time Justin Sheehan and Nelly Korda officially worked together, they had a seven-hour session and talked for two of them. That was five weeks ago. © Provided by Golfweek Korda, who hadn’t finished higher than 28th in her last four starts, was searching for a fresh perspective. “I know that she doesn’t have any weakness in her game,” said Sheehan, Direct of Golf at Pelican Golf Club in Belleair, Florida, site of an upcoming LPGA event. “How does somebody like that not play to her potential?” In the end, Sheehan says, Korda simply needed a little direction. They focused on how to practice, how to prepare, how to think. LEADERBOARD: ANA Inspiration “She’s got the game to win 10 majors,” he said. Korda currently leads the ANA Inspiration by two strokes. The 22-year-old tied for third...
    A woman has told how hair dye caused her face to balloon so much that she couldn't open her eyes and had to shave her head - and it took four weeks to improve. Hair stylist, Sherrie Virtue, 41, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is an advocate for natural silver hair and has only colored her hair a six times in her life - largely without any problems. When previously dying her hair, Sherrie noticed some mild itchiness, which she thought was normal because it would subside after a couple of weeks. On August 12, 2020, Sherrie decided to dye her hair at home using a packet color, which caused her scalp and neck to itch, burn, and feel swollen. Sherrie Virtue, 41, from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, has told how hair dye caused her face to balloon. Pictured, before dying her hair The hair stylist said her face ballooned so much (pictured) that she couldn't open her eyes and had to shave her head - and it took four weeks to improve Sherrie has only colored her hair a...
    Men to watch at the U.S. Open in New York, where play is scheduled to begin Monday: NOVAK DJOKOVIC Ranked: 1 Country: Serbia Age: 33 Career Singles Titles: 79 Grand Slam Singles Titles: 17 — U.S. Open (3: 2011, 2015, 2018), Australian Open (7: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020), French Open (1: 2016), Wimbledon (5: 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019) Last 5 U.S. Opens: 2019-Lost in 4th Round, 2018-Won Championship, 2017-Did Not Play, 2016-Runner-Up, 2015-W Aces: 21-0 in 2020 entering semifinals at Western & Southern Open. … Has won 5 of past 7 Grand Slam tournaments. … Had reached at least the semifinals in 11 consecutive U.S. Open appearances until departing while hampered by injury last year. … Can gain on rivals Roger Federer (men’s-record 20 Grand Slam titles) and Rafael Nadal (19), neither of whom entered the U.S. Open. Matchup to Watch For: Could play big-serving John Isner in fourth round. Words: “Right now it’s not something I’m thinking about. It’s not my goal, actually, to go unbeaten, but I wouldn’t complain if I do.”...
    Lori Loughlin Is ‘Terrified’ About Going to Prison amid COVID-19 Pandemic: Source 41 Kindergartners Quarantined After Oklahoma Student Tests Positive for Coronavirus Q&Gray: Olympia Fields returns as Tour host; Dustin Johnson eyes encore The PGA Tour's FedExCup Playoffs have hit the midway point, and the race is on for a coveted spot at East Lake. © Provided by Golf Channel While 70 players will tee it up this week at the BMW Championship, only 30 will advance to next week’s season-ending Tour Championship. Although some top stars can spend the week at Olympia Fields jockeying for position and starting strokes in Atlanta, others are simply trying to earn a seat at the (lucrative) table. From a relatively unknown venue to Dustin Johnson’s follow-up and Tiger’s Hail Mary attempt, here are the burning questions to ponder ahead of the season’s penultimate event: What will Olympia Fields offer as a new tournament host? The BMW has a long and storied history in the Chicago area, but more recently the stops have been at places like Medinah, Conway Farms and Cog Hill....