Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 06:42:01
58 results - (0.007 seconds)

The Saturdays:

latest news at page 1:
    The start time for Saturday’s NASCAR race at Richmond Raceway marks the third of five consecutive night races for the Cup Series. The Federated Auto Parts 400 also marks the second of 10 NASCAR playoff races that will crown a 2020 champion. Amazingly, the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series schedule is back on track as originally constructed despite a two-month long hiatus in the spring amid the COVID-19 pandemic. That schedule continues tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET on the 0.75-mile oval in Richmond, Va. Saturday night’s NASCAR race is actually the first at this track in 2020 even though it was originally scheduled to be the second.  as the lone Darlington race for the season. The spring Richmond race that was originally scheduled for April 19 was postponed because of the virus, and NASCAR eventually moved the race to Darlington Raceway. Below is all you need to know about the schedule for Saturday night’s NASCAR race at Richmond and beyond. MORE: Watch tonight’s NASCAR race live with fuboTV (7-day free trial) What time does the NASCAR race start today? Race: Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway Date: Saturday, Sept. 12  Start time: 7:30 p.m. ET The green flag for...
    Here is something to know about each player who made Saturday’s cut (jersey numbers subject to change for newcomers): QUARTERBACK  Derek Carr (4) Being in the upper-half of quarterbacks between the 20-yard lines won’t be good enough this year. Has to get into the end zone. Marcus Mariota (8) A bit more of a project than Raiders thought originally, but a $7.5 million investment to be backup. Nathan Peterman (3) Go ahead and laugh. He twice ascended to a starting position in Buffalo and coach Jon Gruden is in his corner. RUNNING BACK  Josh Jacobs (28) Raiders aren’t expecting much really. Just 1,500 yards and something approaching 60 receptions. Alec Ingold (45) Solid blocker could get a few additional touches in short-yardage and as a receiver in second season as fullback. Jalen Richard (30) Third-down back averaging 5.0 yards per carry and 8.6 yards per catch on 160 receptions in four seasons Devontae Booker (46) Rushing yardage dwindled each of four years in Denver but played on 46 percent of special teams snaps last season. WIDE RECEIVERS Henry Ruggs III...
    Michigan police hail 2 boys for returning cash-filled wallet Dollar Tree, Family Dollar reverse decision to require masks at all stores, but request customers wear them Tim Means starting with the man in the mirror and liking Saturdays result LAS VEGAS – Tim Means beat Laureano Staropoli with a unanimous decision Saturday to close out the preliminary card at UFC on ESPN+ 32 in Las Vegas. © File photo Tim Means Take a look inside the fight with Means, who got back in the win column and has alternated victories and defeats over his past six bouts. Result: Tim Means def. Laureano Staropoli via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28) Updated records: Means (30-12-1 MMA, 12-9 UFC), Staropoli (9-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) Key stat: Means outstruck Staropoli 126-81 and landed a pair of takedowns. Means on the fight’s key moment “We saw everything in practice. Some of those spinning attacks were a little bit quicker, so I kind of waited out the first round, waited for the second round, let him get dog-tired, kept mixing the body locks,...
    President Donald Trump defended the U.S. coronavirus response and his Tulsa campaign rally in his wide-ranging interview with Axios’ Jonathan Swan. Swan repeatedly confronted the president on continued problems in the U.S. pandemic response and his comments at odds with public health experts. “By June we knew things were bad,” Swan said before bringing up the Tulsa rally in particular. “These people, they listen to you!” Trump — who started his answer by correcting media reports on how many people attended that rally — defended holding it and claimed, “You couldn’t even get it. It was like an armed camp, because thy had 120 Black Lives Matter people there.” He also said that Tulsa was a “good area” at the time and cases only started “going up” weeks later. “We had a tremendous crowd, we had tremendous response,” Trump said. “The other thing we had that nobody wants to talk about. So Fox broadcast it. It was the highest rating in the history of Fox television, Saturday night. It was the highest rating… That speech was the highest rated speech...
    “Saturdays in the South” is one of the greatest documentaries ever made. I stumbled across the 12-hour series on ESPN+ about SEC football, and I was hooked from the first moment. It is absolutely incredible. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) I love history, and I love sports. Naturally, anything that combines the two is something that I’m going to be incredibly interested in. I haven’t finished “Saturdays in the South” yet, but I will very soon. I can’t stop watching. I’ve been crushing it all weekend. Literally, all I’ve been doing since Friday is crushing beers with the boys and watching “Saturdays in the South” to get a football fix ahead of the season. It’s truly incredible how in-depth the series goes into how the SEC became what it is today. It’s full of outstanding interviews, research and fun facts that I never knew. Joe Namath’s presence and his conversations about playing for Bear Bryant at Alabama are incredible. Without a doubt one of the best parts of the series. It’s...
    While the COVID-19 pandemic has forced most entertainment industries to go digital, there's a definite bright spot: drive-in movies, where you can quarantine yourself. A couple of old-school drive-ins remain on the Front Range, and they're doing big business right now; a few temporary drive-ins are also popping up. There are also special, one-time events at drive-in venues both impromptu and permanent. At sunset on Wednesday, July 8 (and again on Thursday, July 9), the Denver Mart Drive-In will host a special screening of Accomplice, a new mountain bike film, accompanied by a throwback screening of the ski and snowboard film Anomaly. Doors open at 8 p.m., and tickets are $40 per carload. Find out more here. Where else you can find the reel thing this summer?Related StoriesDenver Art Museum Reopens With New Guidelines Blue Starlite Wednesday through Sundays this summer 801 Ed6, Minturn Tickets start at $27This decade-old mini urban pop-up drive-in based in Austin, Texas, returns to Minturn. Get the film lineup and buy tickets here. Boulder International Film Festival Drive-In Saturday nights through September Boulder Municipal Airport...
    For the first time in the NASCAR Cup Series’ modern era, two separate races are being run in consecutive days at the same track. The Pocono Raceway doubleheader, which was on the original NASCAR Cup Series schedule for 2020 and remained intact through the series’ coronavirus-related schedule shake-up, began Saturday with the Pocono Organics 325. A historic race weekend at the track produced a first-time Pocono winner Saturday, as Kevin Harvick cruised to his first career Cup Series win at the Tricky Triangle. It marked the series points leader’s third victory of the season. This year’s Pocono doubleheader preserves the track’s two dates on the NASCAR Cup Series schedule but squeezes them into one weekend. The starting lineup for Saturday’s race was determined by the same protocol that has set the field for other races this year without qualifying, and Sunday’s lineup will be set by a top-20 inversion of Saturday’s race results. The Joe Gibbs Racing teammates who won the pair of Pocono races last year, Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin, were among the favorites to win Saturday’s race at the Tricky Triangle and...
    AUSTIN — The office of City Treasurer Melissa Conyears-Ervin is hosting a West Side community cleanup event Saturday. The cleanup begins 10 a.m. at Habilitative Systems, 415 S. Kilpatrick Ave. Ald. Chris Taliaferro (29th) also will join. Cleaning supplies will be provided, and attendees are encouraged to register online.  The event is the latest in a series of cleanups that began in the aftermath of the rioting and looting that vandalized many West Side businesses and commercial corridors following the protests against police violence. But Ald. Michael Scott Jr. (24th), who is a partner for the event and hosted several other cleanups, said the West Side was in need of beautification efforts long before the riots. Scott is planning to make the cleanups a regular project as a way for residents to feel proud of their community. “I think we need to do more of these cleanup efforts. I’m willing to work with anybody who wants to do it. I’m thinking about making it maybe once a month to get people out and clean up in the neighborhood,” Scott...