Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 17:35:51
84 results - (0.002 seconds)

couldn’t help:

latest news at page 1:
    Princess Diana's biographer claims that the royal family has a 'history' of seeking help from professional bodies for psychological issues.  Andrew Morton, who famously penned Princess Diana's blockbuster biography in 1992, revealed that the Queen herself received help with 'breathing and relaxing' during her Annus horribilis in 1992.  He also pointed to Princess Margaret, who reportedly sought the help of a Harley Street psychologist for depression during her ailing marriage to Antony Armstrong Jones in the 1970s.  Appearing on Lorraine today, he admitted that he was 'baffled' by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey in which the Duchess of Sussex claimed concerns about her mental health were ignored. 
    Frankie Jonas, the younger brother of Nick, Joe, and Kevin Jonas, opened up about his struggles with drugs, alcohol, and mental health. The 20-year-old college student posted a video on his TikTok account @frankiejonastherapist on Monday explaining the depths of his addiction issues and how he's been sober for a year-and-a-half.  "From a very young age I struggled with drinking and drugging as an escape because I hated life, and I didn't want to be here," Jonas told his followers.  "I eventually, after many years of trying to kill myself accidentally, came to a point where I was going to do it for real," he described.  ‘SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE’ HOST NICK JONAS PERFORMS NEW SONG ‘SPACEMAN,’ DEBUTS ‘THIS IS HEAVEN’ "Something intervened, and my life was saved," Jonas admitted. "I went to treatment, and it saved me. I couldn't be more grateful for the fact that I'm alive today because my world has changed so beautifully and so astronomically, and I am not that person anymore. I couldn't be more grateful that I'm alive and happy." The Columbia University student also spoke about...
    AJ Pritchard fought back tears as he opened up about his girlfriend Abbie Quinnen’s horror accident on today’s This Morning. The dancer, 26, revealed he waited outside all night after Abbie was rushed to hospital after being engulfed in flames when the couple's social media stunt went wrong– despite the fact he couldn’t be with her due to Covid restrictions. 6AJ Pritchard thought back tears as he discussed Abbie's injury Joined by his brother Curtis for support, while Abbie recovered upstairs, AJ said: “ I sat outside the hospital all night, knowing she wasn't going to even come out that night, knowing it was very serious. "I was outside the hospital just sat there. I didn't know what to do. "Curtis was telling me to go home because she wasn't going to be coming out yet. "I just couldn't leave her side, even though I couldn't go into the hospital because of COVID. "I just waited for her. Abbie is still recovering from the horror accident "She ended up staying in hospital for five nights, moving from the intensive care...
    Its Gonna Be a Hot-Family Summer With These Roomy Inflatable Pools Watch Cavaliers vs. Kings: TV channel, live stream info, start time © Provided by People Frankie Jonas/Tiktok Frankie Jonas Frankie Jonas is getting real about his difficult journey to sobriety. In a video posted to his @frankiejonastherapist TikTok account on Monday, the 20-year-old brother of Nick, Joe and Kevin Jonas opened up about how he struggled with addiction and suicidal thoughts prior to getting sober a year and a half ago. "This is by no means the eloquent explanation I hope to give on a much more serious mode than this. However from a very young age I struggled with drinking and drugging as an escape because I hated life, and I didn't want to be here," Jonas said in the video, which was posted in response to a fan who asked him about his experience with addiction. "I eventually, after many years of trying to kill myself accidentally, came to a point where I was going to do it for real." © Frankie Jonas/Tiktok Frankie Jonas "Something...
    Markle tells Winfrey about the moment she told Harry she was feeling suicidal. CBS Meghan Markle revealed that she had suicidal thoughts after joining the royal family in 2018. She told Oprah Winfrey that she was turned away when she sought mental health help. Royal experts cast doubt on Markle being turned away, as past royals have gone to therapy. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. In a tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle revealed that she "didn't want to be alive anymore" after  the abuse she suffered from the British tabloids and a perceived lack of support from the royal family. "I was ashamed to say it at the time and ashamed to have to admit it to Harry. But I knew that if I didn't say it — then I would do it," the Duchess of Sussex told Winfrey in the interview, which aired Sunday night. Markle said she spoke with a senior member of the royal institution about seeking help for her mental health and was turned away. "I said that, 'I've never...
    Vincent Scalise of the New York National Guard was deployed to Washington, D.C., to help safeguard it following the deadly Capitol riot, but he was able to find a bright side to the mission after he was able to take a photograph with all 100 current senators. The National Guard was divided into two teams – Team Senate and Team House – and Scalise found himself working in the Senate buildings. The nearly two-month task started after Scalise spotted Sen. Susan Collins, R-ME, and she agreed to take a picture with him. He saw Amy Klobuchar, D-MN, the next day, and one of his fellow officers asked if Scalise planned to get a picture with every senator. CAPITOL RIOT TASK FORCE LED BY LT. GEN. RUSSEL HONORE RECOMMENDING 24/7 'QUICK REACTION FORCE' Scalise figured, "Why not?" His mission stagnated after a month and a half at around 54 senators, and he tried to look at committee schedules to figure out who he might run into. "Then I was told I couldn’t work the committees anymore,...
    The mentally unstable “A-Train Ripper’’ suspect had a social worker assigned to help him last spring — but the pair could only talk by phone because of COVID-19, leaving him flailing, his brother told The Post on Monday. “I spoke to his social worker,’’ said suspect Rigoberto Lopez’s sibling, Oscar. “She said that the only help he was going to get was by phone. “I said, ‘This is not going to help,’ ’’ Oscar recalled. “ ‘[Rigoberto’s] got big issues. He’s frustrated.’ ” At the time, Rigoberto — who has previously been hospitalized at least twice for mental-health issues, according to cops — had been living at home since being sprung from jail by his family for allegedly assaulting a cop a few months earlier. But he was unbearable to live with — threatening kin with violence, Oscar said — and left the home by May or June. NYPD officers at the scene of one of the stabbings at 207th Street station on February 13, 2021.Christopher Sadowski Rigoberto, 21, first moved into a shelter in The Bronx, then lived on...
    HOLLYOAKS star Joe Tracini revealed he had a "really bad" week where he planned his suicide and was so depressed he couldn’t go to the toilet. The 32-year-old actor opened up about his mental health battles admitting that he's been struggling recently. 6Joe Tracini opened up about his mental health battlesCredit: Twitter The star said on social media: "Hi, I hope you're okay. I haven't been and I'm going to tell you about that. "I've stopped being able to do all things. I can't email people back, I can't text people back, I can't pick up the phone." In a shocking revelation, Joe admitted that he needed to urinate but refused to go to the bathroom for "nine hours". He explained: "I needed a wee for like nine hours, I just didn't go. I live in a studio flat so my toilet is closer than my telly. 6The star said he had recently planned his suicideCredit: Rex Features "It's like I just accepted the fact that I'd be full of urine forever now." The star then opened up...
    PSA Curl Queens: You Need This Nifty Hair Tool in Your Lives ASAP You never have to root for guys like Trevor Bauer Best & Worst Refinance Mortgage Companies of 2021 Ad Microsoft 19 Great Ways To Supplement Social Security Every Month That Many Didn't Know Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/11 SLIDES © Evan Agostini/Invision/AP/Shutterstock A storybook love. Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood are one of the country music’s most famous couples, but they’ve definitely had their ups and downs. “People thought, Well, two celebrities who are in the same business, they won’t last,'” Yearwood shared with Us Weekly in 2018. “I’m invested in this family, this is what I want for myself and no offense to anything else in my past, but I get it, I get it now and this is what I want. So we just earn it. Day by day.” She also added that in order to make...
    PLAINFIELD, Ill. (WLS) -- A man in Plainfield says he couldn't get unemployment benefits because a stranger had already applied for the money using his name.Harold Tyler is a fitness instructor and he thought filing for unemployment would be fairly easy. But, he said a scammer beat him to the punch and got his unemployment money before he could even apply.Tyler has dedicated his life to helping people get in shape, but in November of last year, he said he lost his job due to gym closures as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic."It was a sad moment, an unbelievable moment because I'd been there for 28 years," he said.Tyler said he went on the Illinois Department of Employment Security's website and made several attempts to apply for benefits, but he couldn't.After speaking to an IDES representative, he said he learned that someone had already applied for unemployment using his name."It stunned me," Tyler said. "I haven't filed a claim at all. I can't even register to file a claim...They gave me the last four numbers of the bank account,...
    (CNN)When a USPS mail carrier noticed an elderly customer had not picked up her mail in three days, she had an overwhelming feeling that something was wrong. Shonda Lemon, 34, has worked as a USPS mail carrier in Chicago for eight years. She often greeted Helen Iwanski, 89, during her route. Although they exchanged few words, she said their relationship was sweet. "I've always had a soft spot for the elderly," Lemon told CNN. "So, when I do come across elders, they just take a special place in my heart."Lemon wrapped rubber bands around Iwanski's mail so she could grip it easily. And Iwanski randomly taped candy to her outgoing mail for Lemon as a gift."I just knew her to be a nice and considerate old lady, so when she would come to the door, I would check on her," said Lemon.Read MoreBut on January 14, Lemon noticed Iwanski hadn't picked up her mail in several days. "It was out of the ordinary for her not to get her mail, especially with the rubber bands being on it," said Lemon....
    A woman who blocked a man she was talking to has told how she was left 'impressed' by the amusing way he tried to get back in contact with her.  The woman, from the US, took to TikTok to explain that she ended it with the man she was dating after she found out he was talking to a friend of hers at the same time. However, rather cheekily, she had still been logging in to watch movies and series on his Netflix account - having remembered his password.   But she was in for a shock when one day, she logged in to see he changed the usernames of each of his Netflix profiles in a big to get her attention.  And it wasn't long before social media users took to the comments section to praise the man for his efforts and demanded she 'unblock him.'  A woman (pictured), from the US, who blocked a guy she was talking to has told how she was 'impressed' by the way he tried to get back in contact with her ...
    In the 1990s and early 2000s, HBO's Sex and the City was just as well known for its influence on fashion, with revered stylist Patricia Field in charge of the wardrobe department, as it was for its racy scenes.  To this day, Carrie Bradshaw is a byword for iconic style in fashion bibles such as Vogue, and with the announcement that the show is making a comeback, fans have rushed to the internet to start recreating her looks.   Consumer shopping app LIKEtoKNOW.it recorded that searches for Manolo Blahniks, berets and Carrie Bradshaw have skyrocketed by as much as 2,900 per cent since the announcement the show is set to grace our screens once again.  However, revisiting the show today proves that some of the outfits showcased by Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte were more car crash than chic - namely tie dye leggings, dubious cowboy hats and baggy dungarees.  One dubious Carrie outfit involves a tying up a white shirt to make a crop top, while wearing the matching belt from her skirt around her midriff, while  another episode sees her...
    ^ Keep Westword Free Support Us I Support Local Community Journalism Support the independent voice of Denver and help keep the future of Westword free. Support Us The pandemic hit Denver’s arts and culture scene hard, forcing many businesses, performance spaces, museums and galleries to close, at least temporarily, at the end of March. In the months since, artists and curators have rallied to keep culture alive, to comment on social injustice, and to inspire us all to appreciate essential workers and health-care providers. Along the way, the scene has shown its grit and ability to stay relevant through the toughest of times, though some longstanding cultural institutions have been wrangling with their own inner demons. Here are the ten biggest arts and culture stories in Denver in 2020:  Related Stories The Ten Biggest Colorado Political Stories of 2020 Unsung Heroes: Denver Artists Celebrated Medical Workers Through 2020 Our Most Popular Arts Stories of 2020 COVID ClosuresFrom the Denver Museum of Nature & Science to the smallest artist co-op, cultural outlets hustled to...
    A DISABLED patient has described the torturous moment he lay awake during a “very uncomfortable” operation after his anaesthetic didn't work. The autistic man said he wasn’t allowed to have his mentor with him, and was unable to communicate to surgeons that he was still conscious. 2Corey Burke said doctors gave him anaesthetic, but he 'didn’t go under' 25-year-old Corey Burke, from Queensland, Australia spoke of his ordeal as part of the Disability Royal Commission. Mr Burke has an intellectual disability and told the inquiry he would usually have had a mentor in with him during pre-operation care. Mr Burke said his mentor, Gary, would "keep him calm" prior to any surgery but on this occasion the anaesthetist asked the mentor to leave the room. Mr Burke said his adrenaline would often rise prior to surgeries and his body would fight off anaesthetic. Recalling the surgery, he said: “They gave me the anaesthetic, but I didn’t go under.” “I think this wouldn’t have happened if my mentor was in the room with me.” “My mentor would have helped me to...
    NORTH HOLLYWOOD (KABC) -- 38-year-old Rocio Alvarado caught COVID-19 in the early days of the pandemic."When I got sick, there was 254 cases in the U.S.," said Alvarado.According to the CDC, there are now more than 15 million coronavirus cases in the United States.During those dark days in March, Alvarado didn't know if she would survive the virus."I remember one day, I'm sitting in my bed and like thinking, I'm gonna write a letter to my family in case I don't make it and just leave it here for them," said Alvarado.Alvarado said it was extremely difficult to get any medical help."I remember asking for a mask and they wouldn't give me one," said Alvarado.She said hospitals wouldn't test her for the virus and repeatedly turned her away.She documented her COVID journey on Instagram to show friends and family the reality of her experience."I didn't have insurance at the time and I was like I can't breathe anymore. So, I went to urgent care and literally spent the last of the money that I had on that visit. My friend...
    SAN ANTONIO – As she looked over flowers and read messages written in chalk on the sidewalk outside her apartment Monday morning, Ginger Brady recalled what she called a night of horror. Brady’s 14-year-old son, Angel Jerry Yanez, was shot and killed in a hail of gunfire as he stepped from the family’s apartment to walk his dog Sunday night. Brady said she cradled her son in her arms, drenched in blood, as he laid dying. ”It feels like there’s an elephant on top of me that I can’t breathe,” Brady said. Brady said she heard several gunshots and ran outside to find her son lying down on the ground. “I couldn’t help him,” Brady said. “I was holding him in my arms and I saw him drenched in blood and I couldn’t help him.” Angel Jerry, who attended school in the Harlandale Independent School District, was pronounced dead at the hospital. Police said other than reports of a light-colored sedan seen speeding from the scene, they have little to go on. Brady said she is just as confused as...
    A woman is thankful she was able to help save an elderly veteran when his camper caught fire last week in Walnut Cove, North Carolina. Twenty-three-year-old Allie Richardson was visiting friends at Jim Booth’s Catfish Pond on Tuesday when the unthinkable happened, according to WXII. Around 4:30 p.m., she and another man noticed the camper next door was on fire and the two rushed over and went inside. “(I) opened the camper and it was like whoosh! — bunch of black smoke. Like, crazy,” Richardson recalled. Black smoke and flames surrounded them as they searched for the man, named William, who lived inside. However, when they found him he was not moving. Richardson removed his oxygen tubes and with the other man’s help, moved William off the bed. “He couldn’t walk. He couldn’t save himself. I had [to] do everything I could to help him,” she said. While the other man went to flag down the emergency medical team, Richardson helped William out of the camper. “The man’s oxygen tank blew up. So I picked him up and I started...
    Matthew Stafford wants to put what has been a grueling week behind him. Prior to Detroit’s 34-20 loss to Minnesota on Sunday, the Lions quarterback — recently placed on the COVID-19/reserve list — contemplated breaking the NFL’s coronavirus guidelines after his young daughter, Hunter, sustained a concussion. “I understand it’s a pandemic and people’s health and safety are at risk, and I would feel terrible if I brought that in and infected a bunch of teammates or coaches or whatever it is,” Stafford said Sunday, according to the Detroit Free Press. Last week, Stafford was dubbed “high-risk, close contact” from a non-team member who tested positive for COVID-19, per ESPN. Stafford’s wife Kelly reacted to the news on social media, referencing the August “nightmare” the family previously endured. “It doesn’t make it easy, but everybody in the league’s doing it. I just hate being away from my family. Finish a practice, finish a game, go hug my daughters, hug my wife, that’s what sometimes makes it worth it for me, and not being able to see them and hang with...
    Much of the time, vandalism is a nuisance—but every once in a while, a creative mind turns the act of graffiti into an opportunity to get a good laugh. Social media users have been sharing the hilariously creative efforts of vandals online in a Reddit thread  r/MildlyVandalised.  And now BoredPanda have complied a collection of the funniest posts into a viral-picture gallery.   Instead of sticking to run-of-the-mill vandalism, the pranksters have taken it upon themselves to at least insert a touch of humor into their creations.  Social media users have been sharing the hilariously creative efforts of pranksters vandalising public property in very witty ways (pictured)  One witty vandal, believed to be from the US, couldn't help but scribble a playful note beneath this warning sign  One person, believed to be in the US, shared a snapshot of a vandalised billboard featuring a Nike tick with an added reminder  One playful prankster, whose location is unknown, turned a piece of racist graffiti into an amusing moment  Feeling festive! One person, believed to be in Australia, shared...
    Joe Manganiello has a new hairstyle. On Wednesday, the 43-year-old actor took to Twitter to share a workout selfie, which showcased a bright blue mohawk.  "Time to go to work...," he captioned the picture.  The look comes ahead of Manganiello's role as Deathstroke in “Zach Snyder’s Justice League," according to E! News.  JOE MANGANIELLO SAYS HE AND SOFIA VERGARA 'KNEW PRETTY QUICKLY' THEY COULD TRUST EACH OTHER SOFIA VERGARA REVEALS IF SHE'D WORK WITH HUSBAND JOE MANGANIELLO AGAIN Fans, including Manganiello's famous pals, couldn't help but comment on the transformation. "YOU DYED IT BLUE?!?!?!" asked Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who starred in "Modern Family" with Manganiello's wife, Sofia Vergara.  Joe Manganiello's famous pals couldn't help but comment on the transformation.  (AP, File) CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER Just last month, Manganiello showed off another hairstyle: a blonde mohawk.  In the picture, his hair was on full display as he sat on a couch, holding one of his pups in his arms. "G’night," he captioned the snapshot. 
    PRESIDENT Trump unleashed on Barack Obama during a campaign rally on Wednesday, claiming the former president couldn't help Hillary win as he repeated his middle name, Hussein. His comments to supporters in North Carolina came the same day that former president Obama slammed Trump as he hit the trails to campaign for Joe Biden. ⚠️ Follow our US election 2020 live blog for the latest news & updates 8Trump blasted Barack Obama as he spoke to supporters in North Carolina on WednesdayCredit: AP:Associated Press 8Trump repeatedly referred to Obama by his middle name 8Obama hit campaign trails with Hillary Clinton in 2016 "Obama's now campaigning, even though he refused to support Biden," Trump claimed as he spoke to his supporters in Gastonia. "Even after Biden sort of semi-won. He wouldn't do it. It took forever." "But now he's campaigning for him." Trump said he questioned if Obama hitting the trails for his former VP was "good news or bad news." "It was good. There was nobody that campaigned harder for crooked Hillary Clinton than Obama, right?" Trump said. "He...
    President Donald Trump mocked Barack Obama's return to the campaign trail on Tuesday by reliving an old claim - that his inauguration had a larger audience than the former president's - and pointing out that he won in 2016 despite Obama's campaigning for Hillary Clinton. Trump fired back at Obama at a campaign rally in Gastonia, North Carolina, taking the stage about an hour after his predecessor delivered a blistering attack on his presidency during a campaign rally for Joe Biden in Philadelphia. 'You know Obama's now campaigning,' he said. 'Oh, here we go.' He attacked Obama for not originally supporting Biden, which could have been a reference to reports Obama favored Clinton in 2016 or that Obama refused to endorse in the 2020 Democratic primary until there was a clear winner, which is a standard practice for former presidents.  'He refused to support Biden,' Trump said, blasting the former president as 'Barack Hussein Obama.' He pointed out Obama campaigned multiple times for Clinton during the 2016 campaign - a contest Trump won. 'There was nobody that campaign harder for...
    Juan Roman's knockout stunned the commentators. Photo by Twitter Juan Roman's weekend knockout win was so epic one commentator screamed "holy s---" live on air. Another commentator said "Oh my God" over and over again. The knockout occurred in the second round and was a result of a spinning kick which can be heard slapping into flesh when it lands. Holy s---, indeed. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Juan Roman's spinning kick knockout was so awesome that a TV commentator couldn't help but swear during the live broadcast. The awesome knockout took place during the Caged Aggression 28 event on October 16 in Iowa and made one commentator scream: "Holy s---!" Another kept saying: "Oh my God" over and over. The spinning kick occurred in the second round. Watch it here:—Streetfight Banned-cho (@streetfitebncho) October 17, 2020Holy s---, indeed. Read more: Video footage from a UFC women's flyweight match shows the devastating, fight-ending effect a big shot to the body can have Brian Ortega produced a Muay Thai masterclass to dominate Korean Zombie and steal the show...
    IT was back in May 2018 that Arsene Wenger took charge of his last game as Arsenal manager. And after ending his remarkable 22-year reign, he has taken a monk-like vow of silence on the Gunners. 9Arsene Wenger's publication of 'My Life In Red & White'Credit: Amazon But now everyone’s favourite Frenchman has a new book to plug — and suddenly there is no shutting him up. Wenger, who will probably celebrate his 71st birthday next Thursday watching a couple of Europa League games, has engaged in a seemingly endless round of interviews to coincide with the publication of My Life In Red & White. The book might be short on revelations but his conversations remain fascinating. Here are some of the highlights . . .  ON MESUT OZIL “Mesut has been the record player of assists so Arsenal have to find a way to get him involved again. Otherwise, it is a waste for him and for the club. “He is at the age where a player of his talent can produce the most because he’s a super creative player who can...
    Couple sneaks in wedding before Delta hits Tim Hortons reveals ambitious plans to open in every major city and town in the UK within 2 years Woman Sees Kitten Stuck In Highway Barrier And Immediately Pulls Over To Help © Kristyn Gamblain Kristyn Gamblain was heading down the highway on her way to work when she suddenly noticed a fuzzy black ball at the base of one of the highway barriers. She only saw it for a second before it was out of sight again, but as she continued on her way, a thought popped into her head that she couldn’t ignore: Was the fuzzy black ball a kitten in trouble?  Even though she had no real evidence, Gamblain couldn't shake the feeling that she’d just passed a kitten who needed her help, so she quickly turned around. She couldn’t remember exactly where she’d seen the potential kitten, so she slowed down a bit, much to the annoyance of all the cars behind her. Finally, she spotted the fuzzy black ball again and carefully pulled over on the...
    DURING lockdown, problem drinking has escalated – doubling to almost 8.4million people in the UK since February. And one in five of us is risking our health by hitting the bottle too hard, the Royal College of Psychiatrists has warned. 7Fabulous’ GP, Dr Zoe Williams, grew up with a mother consumed by alcohol addictionCredit: Olivia West - The Sun The stress of the Covid-19 crisis and its financial fallout have been blamed, and experts have called on the Government to do more to support families. Around 200,000 children are growing up with an alcohol-dependent parent. Those youngsters are three times more likely to consider suicide later in life, and are at greater risk of addiction issues too. Fabulous’ GP, Dr Zoe Williams, was one of those kids. Here she speaks about her childhood, growing up with a mother consumed by her addiction. 7Zoe aged 12 with her mum Marilyn and brother Linton I WAS barely 16 when I stood before my mum, pleading and crying, before going to school. I was begging her to choose me instead of alcohol. She...
    An experienced hiker over the age of 50 was stranded in the Santa Fe National Forest for 14 days and was finally rescued when a stranger heard his desperate calls for help. The frantic two-day rescue mission unfolded on Saturday when hiker John Utsey was walking with his kids up Winsor Trail. Utsey called out for his daughter and heard a stranger’s voice reply from way off the trail, leading to the discovery of the lost man who was starving, delirious, had lips so badly chapped they were bleeding, and pain in his back that prevented him from standing. 'He was lying beside a creek. His legs didn’t...he couldn’t stand, he couldn’t move, he was delirious. So he wasn’t making much sense,' Utsey said to KRQE.  'His lips were all chapped to the point they were bleeding. His tongue was swollen; he was super gaunt and skinny. I was like this guy really needs help,' he added. An experienced hiker over the age of 50 was stranded in the Santa Fe National Forest for 14 days and was finally...
    A elderly man from Texas who had fallen over on his front doorstep and was unable to get back up, asked for help from a FedEx delivery worker, but was refused.  All that could be seen of the 89-year-old man from Freeport near Galveston, were the tops of his hands and legs after he slipped and fell, ending up on his back while trying to get inside his own home. Shortly after he had fallen, a FedEx truck could be seen pulling up to his home from which the driver got out to deliver a package. A FedEx driver was caught on camera delivering to a home where an old man was seen lying on the floor of his porch But instead of walking up to the front door, the delivery worker quickly dropped off the item several feet away from the fallen gentleman who called out for help and then quickly turned around to walk back. 'A little help here please...' the man asked politely. 'Give me a hand,' he said. 'I can't get up.' The FedEx...
    Medical workers hug outside NYU Langone Health hospital as people applaud to show their gratitude to medical staff and essential workers during the coronavirus pandemic on May 7, 2020 in New York City. Noam Galai/Getty Images An emergency doctor from New York died of suicide after she struggled to cope at work during the peak of the coronavirus outbreak, her family told The New York Times. Dr. Lorna Breen was working as medical director of the emergency department at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital in Upper Manhattan, which was in an area especially hard hit by the coronavirus.  The doctor had to self-quarantine after being diagnosed with COVID-19 and felt guilty that she couldn't help her colleagues and patients. After struggling to keep up with grueling 15-hour work shifts after she recovered, Breen was sent to a psychiatric ward and treated for exhaustion. She took her own life on April 26 in Charlottesville, Virginia. Medical workers who treated COVID-19 patients have experienced higher rates of anxiety, depression, and insomnia, according to multiple studies. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. ...
    A heroic New York City emergency room doctor was driven to suicide in the depths of the coronavirus crisis, her family says — and the relentless strain of modern medicine, which rewards perfection and disdains weakness, is to blame. “If the culture had been different, that thought would have never even occurred to her, which is why I need to change the culture,” Jennifer Feist said of her sister, Dr. Lorna Breen. “We need to change it. Like, as of today,” she told The New York Times. Breen, 49, killed herself April 26, while medical director of the emergency department at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital in Upper Manhattan, located in a low-income community that was especially hard hit by COVID-19. “She had something that was a little bit different, and that was this optimism that her persistent efforts will save lives,” colleague and friend Dr. Barbara Lock told The Times. As coronavirus cases in New York began to multiply out of control this spring, leaving patients in her emergency room to be treated in hallways and bodies of victims to be...
    A New York City ER doctor who killed herself at the height of the coronavirus crisis told friends she felt she 'couldn't help anyone' and was 'embarrassed' when she suffered a breakdown because of mental health stigma in the medical community. Dr. Lorna M. Breen, 49, the medical director of the emergency department at New York-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, committed suicide in Charlottesville, Virginia on April 26. Her tragic death came just weeks after she recovered from coronavirus and days after she was discharged from a psychiatric ward following a mental health episode. Breen's devastated family, friends and colleagues spoke out about her shock suicide to the New York Times and told how they believe it was triggered by her traumatic work in a Manhattan hospital during the pandemic.  They say the talented doctor should be included in America's coronavirus death toll because she was indirectly killed by the effects of the outbreak.   Dr. Lorna M. Breen, 49, (pictured) the medical director of the emergency department at New York-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, committed suicide in Charlottesville, Virginia on April 26  Anna Ochoa,...
    President Trump's alleged former mistress Stormy Daniels claims 'child predator' tried to snatch her young daughter from their Texas home - and she says cops refused to help her.  Daniels, 41, made the sensational allegations on Twitter Friday, without disclosing specific details as to when the attempted abduction took place. However, it appears she reported the incident to police on Thursday.  'Hey...did you know a current passport is not considered 'valid ID' and the police won't even let you report an attempted kidnapping without a drivers license? Me either,' she posted.  The porn star then added: 'I went to the police station and they wouldn't even let me speak to a detective. A f**king child predator has my address and tried to take my kid.' Daniels was referring to her only child - nine-year-old Caden - whom she shares with her porn actor ex-husband, Glendon Crain.  President Trump's alleged former mistress Stormy Daniels claims 'child predator' tried to snatch her young daughter from their Texas home - and she says cops refused to help her In her stream of...