Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2022 - 22:20:23
69 results - (0.006 seconds)

the mentality:

latest news at page 1:
    The New York Rangers could use more toughness in their lineup for 2020-21 By: Jim Bay January 10, 2021 ShareTweetFlipRedditWhether you use the word toughness or the ever-popular hockey term grit, there is without a doubt that the 2020-21 version of the New York Rangers needs a team to display some physicality and do it in an intelligent matter. This was very evident when the Rangers were swept out of last year’s playoffs by the Hurricanes, as the Blueshirts were easily manhandled by the Canes. It was not like they did not try, they just were not sure how to play physically in the proper manner. This was evidenced by Chris Kreider‘s comments after the Rangers were eliminated. “We thought the playoffs were a blood sport, and we were going to go out there and run around and hit, instead of playing the puck possession style that we play,” he said. “A big part of that is on me. Obviously, we needed to snap out of that sooner. I need to...
    Former champion Max Holloway makes a return to the octagon on January 17th as he takes on rising featherweight in Calvin Kattar. The former champion is ranked #1 in the UFC’s featherweight rankings, whereas Kattar is ranked #6. The fight will be an excellent opportunity for both men to gain a few ranks and position themselves for a title shot in the near future.  Holloway is coming off 2 back-to-back losses for the first time since 2013. He lost his belt to Alexander Volkanovski in December 2019 via a unanimous decision. He then lost the rematch in an extremely controversial split decision loss earlier this year in July. ‘Blessed’ is now working his way back to the top with a fight against an up-and-coming fighter in Kattar.  READ MORE- Max Holloway has amazing news for fans as he hooks his wagon to Alessa Quizon Max Holloway on his controversial loss to Alexander Volkanovski In a recent interview with Brett Okamoto of ESPN, Okamoto asked ‘Blessed’ how he felt about the two losses to Volkanovski and if he would like...
    Late Bobby Brown Jr.s Loved Ones Remember Him as a Talented Artist Gone Way Too Soon Secret style tricks that will sell your house Why USWNT GM Kate Markgraf understands the programs mentality better than any executive has before Replay Video SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad Kate Markgraf admits that she was a bit of “an outside choice” for the brand-new executive role at the top of the women’s program at U.S. Soccer. As the 11th-most capped player in U.S. women’s national team history, Markgraf didn’t stay inside the sport when she retired in 2010. She served as a soccer analyst for ESPN, critiquing and sometimes criticizing from the outside, and earned two master’s degrees in kinesiology and educational psychology. She had never been a high-level coach — a career path that hadn’t interested her, and which the USWNT general manager job description initially called for — but she was persuaded to interview anyway. “All of us, we were all kind of rebels a little bit,” Markgraf says of herself and her former teammates, with whom...
    EDDIE HALL has been backed to beat 'gentle giant' Hafthor Bjornsson by a true giant called Jamie Christian-Johal. The two legendary strongmen are set to settle their differences in the boxing ring in September in 2021. 6Bodybuilder Jamie Johal pictured with Eddie Hall during a training session 6Pro bodybuilder Jamie Johal has tipped Eddie Hall to win the boxing bout Fans have been left fearing the worst for Bjornsson, 31, after Hall, 32, hit his sparring partner until he puked up blood. Professional bodybuilder Johal - who has trained with Hall - has backed the Brit to come out on top. Johal is aptly nicknamed 'The Giant' as he stands at a staggering 6" 5' and weighs in at 300lbs. But the former fireman does not think being a 'gentle giant' will help the Game of Thrones star in the ring. Speaking exclusively to SunSport, Johal said: "I think Eddie will win because Eddie is a savage. "It's his mentality, I think he's got more of an aggressive mentality which will carry him through. "I think...
    Republicans roundly celebrated new Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s swearing-in this week. Yet the deeper meaning of her confirmation process was lost on most: Barrett was the first GOP nominee in a long time who was put forward explicitly and unabashedly as a pro-life religious conservative — and she garnered support from moderate Republican senators who are normally jittery about sending pro-lifers to the high court. Two men deserve credit for the outcome. Foremost, of course, is the one who nominated her, President Trump. But some praise should also accrue to Josh Hawley, the energetic and ambitious junior senator from Missouri. Even before the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat became open, Hawley, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, had set down a hard marker: The next GOP nominee had to be one who saw Roe v. Wade not as a permanent fixture of the nation’s legal landscape, but as a blight to be removed. “The very next day after” RBG’s death, Hawley told me in an interview Tuesday, “I reached out to Mark Meadows,” the White House...
    Carl Pope October 20, 2020 10:00AM (UTC) Donald Trump's promise in an ABC News town hall last month that the United States would soon achieve herd immunity for the coronavirus, and conflating that with herd mentality, may be explained because Trump is counting on the latter to rescue his second term. It's otherwise impossible to imagine a campaign whose endgame is to recover the lost loyalty of voters over 65 selecting as its closing argument, "Not enough of you have died yet." It's a safe bet that none of his 2016 Republican primary challengers would have embraced the idea that the solution to the pandemic was more American casualties than the Civil War and World War II combined. But many of Trump's Republican comrades-in-arms have embraced, often eagerly, a default preference for herd immunity — harkening back to the harsh social Darwinism that underlies much of modern conservatism. Early on in the pandemic there were Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, Rep. Trey Hollingsworth of Indiana and radio host Glenn Beck, all of whom argued that the loss of more American lives was preferable to scaling back the economy. Then, when...
    Miami Heat was a game away from the 2020 championship, while the Lakers closed the series 4-2 in the Finals. It was an extraordinary performance by Jimmy Butler, who wanted to save his team from crumbling in front of the Western leaders. He refrained Miami from getting embarrassed, rather put up a tough fight until Game 6. Well, Butler is known to be one of the most hardworking and determined players in the league. His work ethics are unmatchable by many. Warriors’ star player, Draymond Green, recently gave an interesting analogy on how the mentality of players affects so many factors in the league. “Winning is a mentality,” says the three-time champion. “Trying to give that mentality to your teammates, you can’t,” Green said on ‘The Brownprint‘. “Like I can’t give Kevin Durant my mentality, just like Kevin Durant can’t give me his skillset. A mentality in this league is a skill.” Draymond believes Miami Heat shares a common work ethic as Jimmy Butler When it comes to sharing the court as teammates, Draymond believes that understanding the different mentalities...
    Omarosa Manigault Newman is currently in a pitched arbitration battle with President Donald Trump‘s 2020 reelection campaign over the former’s alleged violation of a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) covering her brief and controversial tenure in the White House. But the 45th president’s campaign organization has offered the former Apprentice star an odd and election-oriented out: pay for a nearly million dollar ad campaign telling voters she was wrong to criticize her former boss–or, rather, to say that Trump is great, again. According to an arbitration document originally reported on by the New York Times, Eric. W. Rose, a crisis management expert witness called upon for the proceedings suggested Manigault Newman should mount a “corrective” campaign across multiple media platforms and backtrack on critical comments she made about Trump in her 2018 tell-all memoir Unhinged. Rose’s expert suggestion counsels: It would be my recommendation that Ms. Manigault Newman pays for the corrective ads/corrective statements outlined above to counteract the long-term adverse effects of information that appeared as a result of Ms. Manigault Newman violating her confidentially agreement…If corrective ads are not...
    On Tuesday evening, someone at the Trump campaign thought it would be a great idea to have Donald Trump sit down with some regular Pennsylvania folks and answer some questions at a “town hall” conducted by ABC News.  While the session touched on a number of topics, both the people and the audience and host George Stephanopoulos kept returning to Trump’s handing of the COVID-19 crisis that has left 200,000 Americans dead and close to 7 million known to be infected.   Asked about his handling of the virus, Trump denied that he could have done anything more. Then, incredibly, he denied that he had ever downplayed the deadliness of COVID-19 just days after admitting that he had. In fact, Trump claimed, “I actually, in many ways, I up-played it, in terms of action. My action was very strong.” That action being Trump’s pointless and incomplete ban on travel to China. Trump also, of course, referred to COVID-19 as “the China virus” as a reminder that racism is always high on his agenda. Trump insisted he was “starting to get very good marks”...
    Tokyo (CNN)When Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe took three days off for a summer vacation last week and used one of them to get a physical exam, it opened a political Pandora's Box. When he repeated the hospital trip a week later, the damage seemed almost irreversible.His ally and fellow politician Akira Amari initially came to his defense, angered that the prime minister's aides were working him too hard. Opposition lawmakers pounced to ask whether he was still fit to govern. That a few days off in the middle of a heatwave would trigger such a domino effect highlights Japan's obsession with gambaru, a virtually non-translatable concept that means doing one's best and persevering through the hardest of times.Striding into his official residence after his latest hospital visit, Abe said: "I will return to work and try to gambaru."Read MoreThe do-or-die mentality gambaru permeates Japanese society, where the pursuit of a goal can carry more significance than the outcome."The prime minister insists that he be there to lead himself," said chief government spokesman Yoshihide Suga when asked why Abe, 65,...
    A British doctor said the “every day is Friday” mentality sparked by coronavirus lockdowns has contributed to an increase in the number of alcoholism cases he’s seen. "When listening to the stories, these were people who, a few weeks ago, were actually functioning very well, holding down jobs, living normal, day-to-day lives,” Dr. Rob Hampton, who specializes in addiction, told the BBC. “Within three weeks, they'd become dependent alcoholic drinkers and needing detoxification rehab.” “If you look at what lockdown meant to people's lives — so first of all, having to get up every day to go to work and take the kids to school — all of that just stopped,” he continued. “Somebody described it perfectly to me: 'Every day is Friday night now.' And there's no reason to get up in the morning.” The BBC reported that the British Liver Trust’s help hotline has seen a 500% increase in calls since the lockdown began. The United Kingdom has also seen an increase in alcohol-related deaths over the last few decades, with alcohol-related liver disease deaths increasing by...
    If Kostas Tsimikas at any time wishes to know something about Liverpool, no question he’ll switch to a shut mate who transpired to perform for the club. The Greek remaining-back’s circle of acquaintances incorporates ex-Purple Pedro Chirivella, who invested seven several years on Merseyside ahead of leaving previously this summer season.  The pair struck up their friendship whilst both of those out on bank loan at Eredivisie facet Willem II for the 2017-18 season, bonding about espresso and foods outdoors of very first-group soccer lifetime. Normally, Chirivella was ecstatic when news of Tsimikas’ transfer from Olympiacos was verified on Monday night. “We made use of to hold out a lot just after coaching and it’s a close friend that I will acquire for everyday living,” the Spaniard tells Liverpoolfc.com. “I am really satisfied. “I texted him yesterday, the first issue I did was congratulate him and his relatives.  “I know he was waiting around for an chance like this for a extensive time and ultimately he got it, so I am incredibly satisfied.” That spell at Willem II –...
    Stoichkov, who had two stints with that Catalan facet and received 15 titles, additionally blamed present president Josep María Bartomeu for the membership’s poor funds and rudderless imaginative and prescient. This was everpresent within the workforce’s type after they returned from the COVID-19 stoppage. Stoichkov Feedback On TvLa rajada de Stoichkov contra Setién y Sarabia. Son mediocres#fcbarcelona La rajada de Stoichkov contra Setién y Sarabia: “Son mediocres” Hristo Stoichkov, exjugador del Barcelona, no se mordió la lengua cuando analizó lo sucedido con el Barcelona. El búlgaro se refirió a Quique Setién y Éder Sarabia como mediocres y también cargó contra Bartomeu2020-07-19T08:10:04Z “It’s a must to (criticize) Bartomeu strongly. He sacked Valverde after they have been prime of the desk. Why not after the 3-Zero in opposition to Roma or the 4-Zero in opposition to Liverpool or after shedding the Copa del Rey remaining in opposition to Valencia? He made dangerous selections in every single place.” “You understand what was most worrying? That he spent a billion and hasn’t received something,” stated the previous ahead. Ultimately, Stoichkov could possibly be...
    Editor's note: This column first appeared in the Washington Times. True to form, when someone announced a generous and important action that will help untold numbers of Americans, Democrats and the left launched into cancel mode. Why? Because when Robert Unanue, the CEO of Goya Foods, announced a massive donation of their products to food banks across the country, he also praised President Trump. During his remarks, he noted that “Trump was ‘a builder,’ like his own illustrious grandfather, and called for Americans to pray for their president,” the Media Research Center reported. Fortunately, for most Americans, such decent and generous remarks are considered normal and worth praising, yet Democrats were sent over (again) their Trump-hating cliff leading to a call for a boycott of this largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States, with more than 4,000 employees worldwide. RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY ON BACKLASH AGAINST GOYA CEO: 'HE'S GIVING PEOPLE COURAGE' TO STAND UP TO THE MOB Make no mistake, this cancel-culture obscenity, the seeking to destroy people and businesses that do not conform, is the virtual version of the riots...
    Growing up as a teen in the 90s, when we said someone “hustled,” we usually meant they sold drugs or some other parallel business. Now 24 years past Jay-Z’s seminal album, Reasonable Doubt, led by the Mary J. Blige-assisted single “Can’t Knock the Hustle,” the “hustle” is a near-ubiquitous term far removed from its nefarious roots.  Everyone from preachers to professors is a multi-hyphenate in this economy where everyone has more than one gig. As author Tressie McMillan Cottom, Ph.D. has noted: “Every Black woman I know has about four jobs. It will be nice to get rid of one of mine. If I can drop down to just having three jobs, this will be exciting.” READ MORE: Tressie McMillan Cottom talks supporting Black entrepreneurs during coronavirus pandemic (Photo: Adobe Stock) This got me thinking about what hustle means in our current environment. We see the term used for everything from reality show titles to anthems, but what does it actually mean, especially for those who are not middle class and have a shallower pool of skills? While...
    Madison Cawthorn, a 24-year-old Republican nominee for Congress, said defunding the police and “mob mentality” will create anarchy in an interview with the Daily Caller News Foundation. Cawthorn won the Republican congressional nomination for North Carolina’s 11th District on Tuesday. His win was an upset for Lynda Bennett, who was widely endorsed by the Republican Party. He said efforts to defund the police are “laughable” and likened them to an “Orwellian nightmare.” His comments came as many on the left are calling for defunding or even abolishing police departments following the death of George Floyd, who died May 25 in Minneapolis police custody. If police departments were defunded, “American people would be crying out saying, ‘Please protect us,’ ‘I don’t feel safe in my home,’ ‘I don’t want to kill my fellow American,’ ‘Please come in and save us,'” Cawthorn said. He added: “What I believe is going to happen is it’s going to create a nationalized police force … And you know what? I believe that this is going to push us more toward a centralization of power, and...
    Jarrett Stepman, contributor for the Daily Signal and co-host of “The Right Side of History,” spoke with the Daily Caller’s Samantha Renck about mob rule in America, efforts to tear down historic statues and more. Civil unrest has continued to plague America. Historic statues of prominent United States presidents such as George Washington, Andrew Jackson and Abraham Lincoln have been targeted as protesters cite sources of racism, slavery and colonialism. “I think that there’s this kind of mistaken notion a few years ago,” Stepman said, “when we saw Confederate statues under attack, that this was about the Confederacy.” Stepman added that “we’ve seen, especially in recent days,” that “Union heroes [are] under attack, too,” such as Ulysses S. Grant, which has been vandalized and defaced. Stepman is the author of a book titled “The War on History: The Conspiracy to Rewrite America’s Past.” “I describe in my book, it’s based on the idea — which I think has been highlighted by the more recent 1619 Project by the New York Times, a Pulitzer Prize-winning project — of reframing American history on...
              Live from Music Row Monday morning on The Tennessee Star Report with Michael Patrick Leahy – broadcast on Nashville’s Talk Radio 98.3 and 1510 WLAC weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. –  host Leahy welcomed the original all-star panelist Crom Carmichael to the studio. At the end of the second hour, Carmichael discussed a recent Wall Street Journal article written by Ian Rowe who has brought charter schools to New York City in an effort to offer a better education for black children. Later in the segment, the duo took a call from regular Caller Bernadette who expressed her dismay for Black Lives Matter and the continued victimhood mentality in the black community. Leahy: Crom Carmichael, the original all-star panelist. Crom, apparently racism, racism, racism, is what all this election is about. You made a very interesting comment that there is institutional racism against black people and Hispanics. Fomented by the teachers’ unions and the public school boards in America. Carmichael: And blue cities in general. They tax productive people at a high rate. The crime...