Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2022 - 21:24:31
125 results - (0.000 seconds)

listened:

latest news at page 1:
    During a Friday phone interview on Newsmax TV’s “Wake Up America,” former President Donald Trump tore into National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases head Dr. Anthony Fauci, who served as part of the coronavirus task force. Trump described Fauci as a “very good promoter” but not “a very good doctor.” He said he did not listen to much of Fauci’s advice when it comes to handling the pandemic, adding had he listened, “it would’ve been not so good.” “He was a very good promoter,” Trump said of Fauci. “I don’t think he was a very good doctor, but he was a very good promoter.” “He’s been there for what 40 some odd years. He is almost like a staple. And I think, frankly, uh, it was fine. Don’t forget. I didn’t listen to him too much. You know, had I listened to him, it would’ve been not so good. But I did listen to his opinion,” he added. “I respect everybody. I want people’s opinion. I listen to his opinion, and then I did what I think was right. And...
    Dear Amy: My friend “Laura” has seemed distant to me, lately. Amy Dickinson  She is one from a group of four women who have been friends for a number of years. When I remarked on Laura’s distance to me to another friend from the group, she said, “I know why Laura is behaving this way. Do you want to know more?” Of course, I did. She then told me that I must have inadvertently “butt-dialed” Laura on my cell phone. Laura told our friend that she heard my husband and me making fun of her son. I was shocked. If someone had mistakenly dialed me, I would never listen to their private conversation! (Our mutual friend, however, said that she would “totally listen.”) Related Articles Ask Amy: They’re mask-free and happy. How do I tell them my news? Ask Amy: He only said he’d marry me because I told him I’m sad Ask Amy: Their self-indulgent coffee run was the last straw Ask Amy: Should he be blunt about why he wants...
    Getty Nate Diaz slammed Francis Ngannou in a recent interview. UFC superstar Nate Diaz returns to action against welterweight contender Leon Edwards this weekend at UFC 263, but the 36-year-old American turned his attention toward a UFC champion a few weight classes above him. Diaz had been asked by Yahoo’s Kevin Iole to respond to UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou’s recent tweet about UFC fighters getting paid less to fight than YouTubers such as Logan Paul. Diaz slammed Ngannou and other UFC fighters for just speaking up about the issue now. “What is he doing wrong? What is Francis Ngannou doing wrong?” Diaz said. This is my interview with @NateDiaz209 He fights @Leon_edwardsmma at #IFC263 https://t.co/X0j4ZDt7MR — Kevin Iole (@KevinI) June 8, 2021 Ngannou had asked, “What are we doing wrong?” That happened after Ngannnou discovered how much more Paul was making for his boxing match against Floyd Mayweather on Sunday than Ngannou makes fighting in the UFC. Its crazy to think that Logan Paul (0-1) just made $20M on a boxing exhibition. WHAT ARE WE...
    SNATCHING a BAFTA from Eddie Redmayne and Tom Hiddleston in 2012 should have marked Adulthood star Adam Deacon as the next big Hollywood entertainer. But for the council-estate born actor, now 38, his surprise win of the Rising Star award was the start of a terrifying downward spiral that would see him sectioned for a machete attack and given a criminal record. 13Adam found it harder to get work after winning the Rising Star BAFTACredit: Paul Rogers - The Times Earlier this month, actor and screenwriter Noel Clarke was accused of sexually harassing and bullying colleagues, something very familiar to Adam. He first met Noel when they were both acting in Kidulthood in 2006. Noel later became Adam's mentor but in 2010, their relationship catastrophically exploded. The pair butted heads over Adam's plan to make a film called Anuvahood, which Noel claimed was a rip-off of his works, leading to arguments and a rift between them. Adam's mental health started to suffer, culminating in a machete attack on a neighbour. The fallout resulted in a court case in 2015, during...
    After long days assisting my children with distance learning’s miseries, I watch Netflix. And I often think about a 2005 State Senate hearing and its enduring impact on California education. The hearing’s subject was the reappointment of Reed Hastings as president of the state Board of Education. Hastings, an entrepreneur and Democratic donor from Santa Cruz, had organized a successful ballot measure to make it easier to pass school bonds, launching a wave of school construction. He’d supported the state’s accountability system for schools, and backed public charter schools in disadvantaged neighborhoods. Hastings also had bipartisan support — appointed four years earlier by Democrat Gray Davis, he was nominated for re-appointment by Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger. But the hearing went sideways. Some didn’t like his blunt advocacy; bilingual educators complained that he had pushed too much English instruction time for English-language learners. The committee deadlocked, 2-2, blocking his reappointment. This unexpected result briefly made headlines. But Hastings didn’t fight back. After all, he still had his day job running a DVD subscription service — Netflix. Now, with school systems in crisis...
    LESLEY O’Neill, 60, a pilates instructor, lives in north London with her husband James, 54, and their daughter Molly, 17.    “Talking to my son Louis on the phone, I heard the anxiety in his voice. He’d been under the weather for a couple of weeks and said he still didn’t feel right. 7Lesley O’Neill was on the phone to her son Louis, 24, when the paramedics pronounced him deadCredit: Supplied Knowing he was prone to panicking, I told him to rest and relax – never imagining that just hours later, he’d be gone.  Louis, 24, was the light of my life, a real character, always telling jokes. His dad Stanley, 56, and I were overjoyed when he was born. We divorced after his first birthday and I went on to meet James. We had our daughter Molly and the following year we got married. Louis loved his little sister and stepdad, but also remained close to his father.  7As he hit his teens, Louis developed anxietyCredit: Supplied 7When Louis was young, he was always telling jokes and...
    Former President Donald Trump slammed Dr. Anthony Fauci as a “promoter,” who he listened to while in office but did not act on his advice because "he is wrong so much." “I thought rather than firing him, you know, I listened to him, but I didn't do what he said because, frankly, his record is not a good record,” Trump told Lisa Boothe of Fauci on her new podcast Monday. Trump said that he likes the nation's top infectious diseases expert on a personal level but that he didn't “elevate” him while he was in office, noting he’s been in the public spotlight for 40 years. “He's a great promoter. He's really a promoter more than anything else. And I think he's, you know, I always say he's a better pitcher of a baseball than he is at what he does because he is wrong so much,” he added. HERE ARE FAUCI'S BIGGEST FLIP-FLOPS AND BACKTRACKS AMID THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC Trump listed various instances where Fauci was “wrong,” including initially saying masks weren’t necessary at the start...
    Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont). Salwan Georges/The Washington Post via Getty Images Vermont high schoolers shared online school experiences during a town hall with Sen. Bernie Sanders. Students also described the impact of the pandemic on their mental health. Sanders also asked for feedback on how lawmakers can help advocate for more mental health access and support. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. High schoolers in Vermont candidly recounted their challenges with online school and its impact on mental health during a virtual town hall with Sen. Bernie Sanders on Monday. The event was open to 1,000 participants and included a panel of high schoolers, who shared their experiences, and an opportunity for audience questions. Many schools across the country pivoted to virtual or hybrid (some online some in person) instruction a year ago, when lockdowns were implemented to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus that causes the disease COVID-19. In Vermont, schools were asked to close from March 18 to April 6, and on March 26, the governor announced that in-person learning would be paused for...
    Nya de la Rubia is known to many thanks to her profession as an actress and her participation in series like ‘Mar de plastic’, where she got into Lola’s skin. However, many others will have raised the volume of their players when they have listened to the native of Seville while it was playing some of his themes. In fact, Nya comes to FormulaTV to present his latest single: « Lo juro », a theme with flamenco overtones and urban genre with which she feels most comfortable. In addition, he takes stock of his career in the world of acting and tells how it was to leave his homeland from a young age to fulfill his dream. Headlines by Nya de la Rubia « ‘I swear’ speaks of who I am, where I come from » « That madness has a very personal stamp » « I went for the commercial to see what happened and you realize that it is not your essence » « The whole issue itself speaks of not selling you, of being what you are «  » In ‘Lo juro’ there are references to flamenco,...
    Dr. Anthony Fauci said on CNN Wednesday night that he was not aware Donald Trump was vaccinated in January. It wasn’t publicly known that the former president and first lady got vaccinated until this week, a move that received criticism for not doing it in public to encourage more people. CNN’s Erin Burnett asked Fauci about the news and people saying at the time he could’ve done so publicly to “send this message to a very vaccine-resistant Republican base.” “Were you aware at the time that he got the vaccine?” Burnett asked. “No, Erin, I was not. I was not aware that he was vaccinated,” Fauci responded. Burnett asked if Trump missed a big opportunity to make a difference and convince his base the vaccines are safe. “Certainly there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that former President Trump is very, very popular among his constituencies,” Fauci said. “That would’ve been an extraordinarily good opportunity to get a signal to the people who would clearly have listened to him the way they listened to him in many other ways. He has...
    New York : Bad bunny continues his rise in the world of world entertainment. This Saturday, accompanied by Rosalia, had a successful presentation at “Saturday night Live”. With “La noche de noche”, Latinos caused a furor in one of the most emblematic American television spaces. Very close, they unleashed the comments about an alleged kiss before millions of viewers. The “bad rabbit” also performed “I wish you the best.” It is one more step of the most listened to singer in the world in his meteoric rise. A few days ago he appeared in WWE and a little over a year ago, at Super Bowl halftime. According to the streaming company Spotify, there is no singer more listened to on the planet than the Puerto Rican. In addition, he was recognized as the Lo Nuestro Awards Artist. .@San Benito is the Lo Nuestro Award Artist of the Year, Congratulations! #PLNMoments #PremioLoNuestro pic.twitter.com/2a7UDjyXIh – Lo Nuestro Award (@premiolonuestro) February 19, 2021 Keep reading: Premio Lo Nuestro: meet the winners of the 33rd edition
    (CNN)When contractors came to her Himalayan forest to cut down thousands of trees, Gaura Devi rallied the women of her village and marched into the woods.Armed with only their bare hands and fierce determination to save the forest upon which their livelihoods depended, Gaura Devi and the women put themselves between the trees and the contractors' chainsaws.The state government had hatched a plan to draw the men of the village away to another town, believing the women would not put up a fight.They were mistaken. Gaura Devi stared down the contractors and compelled them to leave the forest. Her actions that day, in March 1974, became legendary -- it led to a 20-year ban on the felling of trees above 1,000 meters (3,280 feet) in the region. And the events at Raini village in northern India were a pivotal moment in what became one of the country's most influential environmental movements. Read MoreThe Chipko -- meaning "to hug or cling" in Hindi -- started as a campaign by local villagers in the Alaknanda Valley to stop rampant tree felling by...
    Nikki Haley is distancing herself from former President Donald Trump in a new interview, saying he “let us down” and predicting he will no longer “be in the picture” going forward. Haley, the former South Carolina governor who served as ambassador to the United Nations under Trump, spoke with Politico about the aftermath of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol in a profile published Friday, as Trump is accused of inciting the riot in a second impeachment trial. She told Politico the former president has now “lost any sort of political viability he was going to have” and predicted he will not run for federal office again. “I don’t think he’s going to be in the picture,” Haley said of Trump. “I don’t think he can. He’s fallen so far.” Haley went a step further by saying Republicans shouldn’t have followed Trump and that he let the party down. “We need to acknowledge he let us down,” Haley said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have...
    Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin in 2017 (SPUTNIK/AFP via Getty Images) An American who translated the phone calls between Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin characterised the chats as relatively chummy. Marina Gross, a translator and long-time employee at the US State Department, was the only American to listen in on the world leaders’ conversations. According to Politico, Ms Gross told her associates that listening in on the men was like “eavesdropping on two friends chatting in a bar”. It is unclear if that statement was made in response to the tone of the conversation, the familiarity between the men, or the subject matter that was discussed during the calls. The two men spoke over the phone at least a dozen times during Mr Trump’s presidency. The content of those calls, while secret, will be accessible by Joe Biden. “They don’t need our approval to see those [records],” a former Trump White House official said, referring to Mr Biden and his national security team. “Biden owns all the call materials. There is only one president at a time.”...
    Colin Kaepernick was briefly mentioned during NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s Super Bowl LV press conference on Thursday ahead of the Kansas City Chiefs’ matchup with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Amid the NFL’s increased awareness about social justice issues, Goodell said that he was "thankful" that the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback raised concerns when he did 4 years ago. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM "I said very clearly back in June that we wish we had listened to our players earlier, and we had a lot of players that were coming and bringing these issues to us," he told reporters, via the Mercury News. "It didn’t start last summer; it started over two years ago and we’ve been working with the Players Coalition over that period of time." Goodell added: "Colin was one of the individuals who obviously brought a great deal of attention to this, and, for that, he deserves our recognition for that and appreciation." Goodell expressed remorse over the summer about not listening to Kaepernick sooner when he was kneeling during the national anthem...
    (CBS Local)– Joel Kinnaman has been in movies like “RoboCop” and “Suicide Squad” and TV shows like “House of Cards,” but he’s never had to do a Philadelphia accent on screen. The actor can now add that one to the list thanks to his new movie called “Brothers By Blood” about a man tormented by the death of his sister who now has to grapple with his cousin’s involvement with a powerful family mob. MORE FROM CBS:  ‘This Film In Many Ways Is A Love Letter To Philly’: Tommy Oliver On HBO Documentary ’40 Years A Prisoner’ ‘I Like Playing Difficult People’: Rob McElhenney On Apple TV+’s ‘Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet’ & ‘It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia’  Kinnaman says this movie was one of the best creative experiences he’s had in a long time and the actor enjoyed bringing Peter Dexter’s 1991 novel “Brotherly Love” to life. “We had a blast shooting it. When you can’t shoot in Philadelphia and you want something slightly similar, you go to Antwerp, Belgium” said Kinnaman, in an interview with CBS Local’s DJ...
    (CNN)Fighter Dustin Poirier defeated Conor McGregor early Sunday in a much-anticipated Ultimate Fighting Championship re-match that left McGregor down for the count in the second round. The stunning defeat came after McGregor spent more than a year away from the UFC. He called that time a "wild ride."Conor McGregor calls his return a wild ride as he prepares to make comeback from third retirement"I'm very excited to be back here," he said during a pre-fight press conference on Thursday. "I'm very excited to have fans in here. I feel invigorated." UFC champion Conor McGregor has announced his retirement McGregor first announced back in October he had accepted the fight against Poirier -- in what was a rematch from 2014, where the Irish fighter took less than two minutes to knock Poirier out. The American told CNN he learned a lot from that defeat and six years later, felt "more prepared now on the mental side." Read More"Before, when I was younger, I didn't put a whole lot into the mental side of fighting. I listened to critics. I listened...
    LA TRIBUNE – While digital tools and uses occupy an increasingly important place in our economy and our daily life, such as combining digital and ecology? VINCENT COURBOULAY – By realizing that the two are not incompatible! That digital technology can be a solution but is also a problem today. Digital is no longer isolated, it is no longer a sector of activity like any other, but transversal and systemic. It acts on our consumption, our clothing, our movements … For good and bad. We are in a sector that needs expertise, perspective, and above all that many players unite around clear, coherent, structured and serious messages. Is there a real lack in this area now? There is a need to federate the initiatives, the carriers, to have an ethical and transparent approach and not only of business to carry values ​​which are today fundamental in the company. We are experiencing both a major climate and social emergency and a digital transition that is on the move. Digital players are convinced that a more … Follow La...
    Instagram, the social network for photography that emerged on iOS (then made the leap to Android back in 2012), is receiving constant improvements, especially since it began to have the « protection » of the Facebook umbrella. However, there are things that practically do not change and there are still the profiles, both public, but also private, whose access requests we can manage. When building our base of tracked accounts, we may come across accounts that are private and require the owner to give us their consent to follow. We will see that when we press a request appears but do we have control of all those accounts to which we have requested access? That is what we are going to solve in this tutorial. Requests sent to private accounts We have the ability to follow profiles of all kinds, even if they are private. When we request access to a restricted account we have it in short-term memory, but when does time pass? Do we remember all the requests that we have sent that have not been answered? Keeping requests sent...
    ADELE'S new album is "amazing" and coming soon, according to her best mate Alan Carr. The comedian, 44, revealed he has listened to the new tracks ahead of its rumoured release in February. 4Alan Carr with his best mate AdeleCredit: PA:Press Association Alan said listening to the new tracks felt like listening to the voice of an "old friend" and that there's "only one Adele". Speaking with Michelle Visage for Grazia, the Chatty Man star said: "I've actually heard some tracks on it. "Oh my god, it's so amazing. So amazing. The thing is, can I just say this, I remember they change all the time because they're really rough things. "Everyone's like, 'What's it like? What's it like?' But I said to her, I said, 'That voice is like an old friend.' 4Th singer is working on her fourth studio albumCredit: Getty Images - Getty "Because there are some people in the charts who sound a bit like Adele and you think, 'Oh they sound like Adele' and then when you hear Adele's...
    Peter Kramer/Getty There is no question that, with just a week left in his one term, President Donald Trump is a political mess of his own making. A more striking development is that he might also be in a criminal mess of his own making, but time will tell. What remains clear is that Trump put himself in the position he is in. And perhaps his biggest mistake is choosing which old New York City pal to listen to. Had Donald Trump listened to Geraldo Rivera and not Rudy Giuliani in the days that followed election day, he would have avoided impeachment and the disgrace that will forever mar the last chapter of his wild time in the White House. That’s right. Had Trump only heeded Geraldo’s advice — which was, candidly, equal parts wise and banal — he’d be sitting in a political catbird seat. While Giuliani pushed Trump to wholeheartedly embrace a baseless and dangerous assault on the U.S. election, Geraldo consistently advised him to concede gracefully. Let’s imagine the scenario: Having conceded the election, Trump would continue...
    Gwinnett County voters at the polls, 2020 election. Democratic candidate for Gwinnett County, Georgia, Sheriff Keybo Taylor ran on ending the department’s 287(g) agreement with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a racist policy that allows local law enforcement to act as mass deportation agents. In November Taylor won that race, defeating Republican Lou Solis 57% to 43%. Then late last week, newly sworn in Sheriff Taylor fulfilled his promise and terminated the policy. “Gwinnett County, you spoke and I listened,” Taylor said according to Gwinnett Daily Post. “We’re replacing these programs with a couple of initiatives that will address some problems that concerns our community.”  As Daily Kos has previously noted, sheriffs have helped ICE carry out its agenda through the 287(g) program, which deputizes local law enforcement to act as federal immigration agents. But it’s a deeply flawed program that the Justice Department itself said has resulted in racial profiling. Some immigrants have even been separated from their families after getting stopped for a simple driving violation. ”Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill found that 287(g) agreements in the state were primarily used to target offenders who...
    MSNBC contributor Mike Barnicle blasted President Donald Trump’s latest comments on the 2020 Election while demanding answers for the lack of intervention from Republican leaders. On Thursday, Morning Joe discussed Trump’s 46 minute, conspiracy theory-laden online speech, which Mika Brzezinski described as a “diatribe full of lies.” As Brzezinski asked where will Republicans finally draw the line with Trump, Barnicle answered that the country faces a “scary” situation since the president “walked away” from the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed approximately 240,000 Americans. “He has walked away from these duties,” Barnicle said. “He has left the field. He’s surrounded by people who have not heard or answered the call of the country.” As he spoke of how “the country wants leadership,” Barnicle remarked that former president George W. Bush acted as a leader in the aftermath of 9/11, so he wondered “where are the Republican United States senators who perhaps heard of or listened to that 46-minute mentally ill rant last night from the president?” Anyone who listened or heard what Donald Trump said last night and were commissioned...
    'TIS the season for Spotify Wrapped meaning you'll be able to see your most listened to songs and artists of this year. The streaming platform has also revealed the most streamed tracks of 2020. #2020Wrapped is finally here! ???? https://t.co/DEkWri0PVR ???? pic.twitter.com/yx5tPciZjA— Spotify (@Spotify) December 2, 2020 The globally most listened to song on Spotify this year was The Weeknd's Blinding Lights. It's been streamed almost 1.6billion times. This was closely followed by the infamous track Dance Monkey by Australian singer Tones and I. To view your own Spotify Wrapped statistics and see what you've been listening to the most this year just follow the steps below. 2You can view your personal list on the app or on the Spotify Wrapped websiteCredit: Spotify How to see your Spotify Wrapped 2020 On a desktop you can go to Spotify.com/wrapped and click "Start" to view the overall roundup. If you want to see your personal Spotify Wrapped you'll need to go on the app. On the Spotify app click the "Home" icon and you should see the option to view your 2020...
    Spotify While the medium may be different, Wrapped is still mostly the same. The whole feature is a microcosm of your year’s worth of listening on the service — from top songs and artists to podcasts and genres. Like playlist builders Spotify has created in the past, this year’s edition of Wrapped includes quizzes so you can see how well you know yourself as you relive your audio consumption for 2020. The app will even tell you how many minutes you spent listening to both music and podcasts, along with what your “most binge-worthy” show was. You’ll also discover the exact day you listened the most, and on which date you heard your 100th song of the year. Wrapped is available to both free and Premium users, but subscribers are privy to new badges based on activity. More specifically, Tastemaker (if your playlists gained enough new followers), Pioneer (you listened to a song before it hit 50,000 streams) and Collector (you added a certain number of songs to playlists) are the awards that can be earned. Spotify Lastly, there are...
    CNN has threatened legal action against Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe over his latest undercover investigation in which he secretly recorded network president Jeff Zucker's morning conference calls 'for months.'   O'Keefe, 36, on Tuesday announced he was releasing audio recordings of several network meetings which he claims will 'expose' Zucker and other CNN executives expressing their 'political biases'.   The move is the latest sting operation against the news station by the conservative operative who has long-targeted CNN over claims of liberal and anti-Trump bias.   Scroll down for video  Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe (left) on Tuesday announced he has secretly recorded CNN President Jeff Zucker's (right) conference calls 'for months'
    (CNN)Many of you are ecstatic. Relieved. Safe. Yet also worried -- not just those who voted for President Donald Trump, but others who are scared at just how divided the country has become.We asked American voters how they feel about the outcome of the election now that Joe Biden is set to be the next president of the United States. Kamala Harris will be the nation's first Black and South Asian vice president, and the first woman to hold that office. You left us almost 2,000 voicemails. Here's what you said. "I am elated. I am excited I cried with tears" So many of you mirrored Carmella Visconti's feelings of excitement and elation at the outcome. Here's what she said:Read More"Hi CNN, it's November 7th at 12:04 p.m. and Joe Biden has now been elected as President-elect with Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. I am elated. I am excited. I cried with tears. I'm still kind of in tears because of all we've gone through for the last four years with the president that's in office now. We have two decent...
            by Mary Margaret Olohan  Rapper Lil Wayne announced his support for President Donald Trump on Thursday. “Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump” Wayne tweeted Thursday night. “Besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership,” the rapper continued. “He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done.” Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership. He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done. ???????? pic.twitter.com/Q9c5k1yMWf — Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) October 29, 2020 The move comes only days before the 2020 presidential election on November 3. Several other prominent American rappers have previously endorsed Trump for president, including Kanye West, 50 Cent, and Lil Pump, though 50 Cent apparently backtracked his endorsement on Oct. 24 and West announced his own presidential bid on July 4. –...
    Lewis Hamilton joined Mercedes in 2013. Since then, he has won 5 World Championships with the silver arrows. He also appears to be well on his way to win his sixth with the team. The 2020 season will help him equal Schumacher’s record of 7 championship titles, 6 with Mercedes AMG, and 1 with McLaren-Mercedes. In an interview with Sky F1, Lewis said, “When I was younger, obviously I wasn’t always listened to.” I was not mature enough: Lewis Hamilton Lewis Hamilton claimed in the interview that he had numerous ideas when he joined the Brackley team. He said, “When I joined this team, I had all these ideas. “I looked at the car they had with Michael [Schumacher] and with Nico [Rosberg], and I was like this has got to change, and this has got to change.” As a young 22-year-old driver, Lewis was enthusiastic about his goals and what he wanted from the team. Although he admitted, at the time I was young, I didn’t know what I could say yes and no to and I didn’t...
    Rapper Lil Wayne met with President Trump in Florida on Thursday, becoming the latest hip-hop figure to publicly associate with or support the president ahead of the election.  Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., took a photo with Mr. Trump after discussing the "Platinum Plan," a Trump administration initiative launched in September meant to "uplift Black communities" across the U.S. through a $500 billion investment.  "Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump@potus besides what he's done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership. He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done," said Lil Wayne. He has known Mr. Trump for years, having been a contestant on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" in 2013. Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership. He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done. ???????? pic.twitter.com/Q9c5k1yMWf—...
    In another sign of growing support for President Trump from the influential rap community, the acclaimed hip-hop artist Lil Wayne said he met with the president on Thursday, saying that they discussed criminal justice reform and the president’s “Platinum Plan” to invest in black communities and businesses. Lil Wayne described the meeting as “great” and said that President Trump “listened to what we had to say today.” “Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus ,” Lil Wayne tweeted. “Besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership, He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done.” Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership. He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done. ???? pic.twitter.com/Q9c5k1yMWf — Lil Wayne WEEZY F (@LilTunechi) October 29, 2020 The apparent endorsement from Lil Wayne represents...
    Mic drop.  Lil Wayne and President Trump "had a great meeting," according to the rapper. On Thursday, the 38-year-old -- real name Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. -- tweeted a photo of himself standing next to Trump. "Just had a great meeting with @realdonaldtrump @potus besides what he’s done so far with criminal reform, the platinum plan is going to give the community real ownership," Wayne said. The "Tha Carter V" artist continued: "He listened to what we had to say today and assured he will and can get it done." ICE CUBE: 'I'M NOT PLAYING POLITICS' BY WORKING WITH TRUMP CAMPAIGN ON 'PLATINUM PLAN' FOR BLACK AMERICANS Trump's proposed “Platinum Plan” would include creating 3 million new jobs in the Black community over the next four years, increasing access to capital by nearly $500 billion and strengthening Trump’s immigration policies to protect American jobs, according to his website. Another artist, Ice Cube, is also working with Trump on his "Platinum Plan" for Black Americans, telling “Fox News Sunday” that he is “not playing politics with this.” WHAT HOLLYWOOD HAS SAID ABOUT BIDEN AND TRUMP “I’m willing to meet...
    See, Tom Brady will shake hands with an opponent while on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers The Tampa Bay Buccaneers made sure Tom Brady shook Derek Carr‘s hand on Sunday afternoon. It may have been because Tampa Bay defeated the Carr’s Las Vegas Raiders, or it may have been the right thing to do. We’ll never know, but the Buccaneers made sure to capture this Kodak moment of their starting quarterback shaking the hands of the most pleasant pirate leading the Silver and Black these days. So how do Nick Foles and the Chicago Bears feel about this? QB respect ???? pic.twitter.com/IxFIMNiBj2 — Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) October 26, 2020 The Buccaneers should do this every football game for the rest of timeWhen it comes to delivering the best and firmest handshakes possible, we want this to become synonymous with the Buccaneers. Brady will go from being The GOAT to The GOAT of over-the-top postgame handshakes. He must channel his inner Eric Stratton, rush chair for Delta Tau Chi, and say he’s damn glad to meet ya, even if he knows...
    Liam Payne listened to Harry Styles' "Golden" on a recent Instagram live. Liam Payne/Instagram Liam Payne listened to Harry Styles' song "Golden" during a recent Instagram livestream, and joked to followers that the song was about him.  "I mean, my eyes are kind of golden. Do you reckon this one's about me?" the One Direction singer asked.  Payne proceeded to show his eyes to the camera, telling viewers, "They're golden."  "It could be about me, we just don't know it yet," he joked.  Payne concluded the clip by giving his thoughts on the song: "This is nice, it's like a chill... it doesn't go too 'rah.' Cool. 10/10. I like it a lot."  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. —HL Media (@HLDMedia) October 20, 2020  Read more: All of One Direction's solo albums, ranked From throwing insults to talking about a reunion, here's everything One Direction members have said since their hiatus 25 things you probably didn't know about One Direction One Direction celebrated their 10th anniversary with heartwarming posts on social media
    The View co-host Whoopi Goldberg said President Trump's words on the campaign trail has caused her to sink into a "depression." "What is he talking about? I’m in a depression now, because of him. Every time I see him, he depresses me. Everything he says is pissing me off and depressing me," Goldberg said on Monday on The View. Goldberg was venting frustrations with Trump after showing a clip of him at a rally on Sunday, where he criticized the effect a Joe Biden presidency would have on America. "If you vote for Biden, he will surrender your jobs to China. He will surrender your future to the virus," Trump said in the clip. "He's going to lock down, he's gonna want us to lock down. He'll listen to the scientists. If I listened totally to the scientists, we would, right now, have a country that would be in a massive depression, instead of, well, like a rocketship." "I don’t know what rocket he’s on, but I’m getting off the rocket he’s on. That’s ridiculous, but...
    President Donald Trump went off on Dr. Anthony Fauci on a campaign call Monday, calling him a "nice guy" but also a "disaster" and saying that most Americans are tired of hearing about the coronavirus. CNN reporter Kaitlan Collins was given access to the phone call, during which Trump reportedly claimed that if his administration had listened to Fauci, more than half a million people would have died. "People are tired of COVID. I have these huge rallies," Trump said. "People are saying whatever. Just leave us alone. They're tired of it. People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots ... Fauci is a nice guy. He's been here for 500 years." "Fauci is a disaster. If I listened to him, we'd have 500,000 deaths," he added, going on to say it would be 700,000 or 800,000. "If there's a reporter on, you can have it just the way I said it, I couldn't care less." Trump: "Fauci is a disaster. If I listened to him, we’d have 500,000...
    PRESIDENT Donald Trump said the US would “be in a massive depression” if he listened to Covid experts – as doctors now warn the country is heading into its “darkest hour.” Speaking at a campaign rally in Nevada on Sunday, Trump said the US would be in a much different place if he “totally” took advice from scientists on coronavirus lockdowns. ⚠️ Follow our US election 2020 live blog for the latest news & updates 9President Donald Trump said on Sunday that if he listened to Covid experts, the US would 'be in a massive depression'Credit: Getty Images - Getty Trump claimed that if his Democratic rival Joe Biden is elected, Americans would see another Great Depression. “He’s gonna lock down. This guy wants to lock down,” Trump said of Biden, referencing coronavirus lockdowns the United States saw earlier this year. “He’ll listen to the scientists. If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression.” Trump said that if he listened to the experts, the economy would...
    President Trump said the US would be in the throes of a “massive depression” if he had “totally” heeded advice from scientists on coronavirus-related lockdown measures. Trump made the economic prediction at his Sunday rally in Carson City, Nevada, adding that the country would endure another Great Depression if Joe Biden is elected president. “He’s gonna lock down. This guy wants to lock down,” Trump said of Biden, referring to the coronavirus lockdowns for public safety. “He’ll listen to the scientists. If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression.” The president said that instead, under his watch the US economy is recovering from the pandemic. “We’re like a rocketship. Take a look at the numbers,” Trump told the crowd. The US, at nearly 220,000 deaths, has lost more people to the coronavirus than any other country in the world. “This election is a choice between a Trump super recovery, which we’re in right now, or a Biden depression,” the president told the crowd. “Depression — just...
    President Donald Trump defended his handling of the coronavirus pandemic on Sunday at a campaign rally in Carson City, Nevada. He mocked former Vice President Joe Biden for repeatedly saying that he would follow the advice of scientists regarding public lockdowns and economic shutdowns. “If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression,” Trump said. He noted that the punishing lockdowns fueled the misuse of alcohol and drugs and caused a rise in depression and suicide. “The cure cannot be worse than the problem itself,” Trump said. He said that the economic and job numbers were going up “like a rocket ship” after the lockdowns ended. “I say, you get out there and things are opening up, tell your governor to open up, tell everybody to open up,” Trump said. He criticized Democrat governors for keeping their states closed, citing New York, Michigan, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. He accused them of doing it for political reasons to hurt his reelection, “Get the places open, let’s go,” Trump concluded.
    David Cay Johnston October 4, 2020 10:59AM (UTC) Read more articles from the DCReport here. Of all the books about Donald Trump this year, the one that best explains the man, his rise to power and his inability to be president recalls the stellar work of a journalist who died almost four years ago. The book is Without Compromise. a collection of columns by the late Wayne Barrett of The Village Voice, the first journalist to cover Trump seriously. Way back in 1979, when The New York Times was running puff pieces that helped propel Trump to national celebrity, Barrett revealed the real Trump with hard facts and moral clarity. : Just three of the collection's 19 reprinted pieces are about Trump, but they are the foundation of all Trump coverage. They are rich with lasting insight and reasonably can be read as the alpha and omega of Trump coverage. The Voice was shuttered two years ago. Then the Times woke up, seeing the light on the Trump it so utterly failed to investigate during the 2016 campaign. It noted Barrett's "obsessive...
    Early Friday on the heels of the announcement of President Donald Trump and first lady Melanie Trump’s positive COVID-19 tests, CNN political Carl Bernstein wondered if Trump would started listening to “the scientists” given his diagnosis. “The basic fact of our national life right now is an unknown quantity in our politics, in our markets, in our business,” he said. “There’s now a dividing line really in how we approach COVID. Are we finally now going to let the science prevail? Is the President going to say it is time for the scientists to be listened to by myself? We have a stark landscape in front of us.” Follow Jeff Poor on Twitter @jeff_poor
    Chief Supreme Court Justice John Roberts honored late Justice Ruth Bader GinsburgRuth Bader GinsburgPelosi: Trump hurrying to fill SCOTUS seat so he can repeal ObamaCare House passes bill to avert shutdown Democrats urge Biden to resist filibuster, court-packing calls MORE during a private ceremony in the Great Hall of the Supreme Court on Wednesday.  Roberts said he remembers Ginsburg, who died of complications from pancreatic cancer on Friday, as “tough, brave, a fighter, a winner” but also “thoughtful, careful, compassionate, honest.” “Her voice in court and in our conference room was soft, but when she spoke, people listened,” Roberts said. Ginsburg was the second woman to be appointed to the high court and served as a justice for more than 27 years.  Ginsburg’s flag-draped casket was carrier into the Great Hall Wednesday morning, past her former law clerks who lined the steps. After the ceremony, Ginsburg’s casket was placed at the top of the court’s front steps so that the public could pay their respects while adhering to public health guidelines.  The court’s eight remaining justices were present at the...
    I have devoted my entire adult life to learning about money. That might sound like cruel-and-unusual punishment, but I’ve mostly enjoyed it. For more than three decades, I’ve spent my days perusing the business pages, reading finance books, scanning academic studies and talking to countless folks about their finances. Yet, despite this intense financial education, it took me a decade or more to learn many of life’s most important money lessons and, indeed, some key insights have only come to me in recent years. Here are 10 things I wish I’d been told in my 20s—or told more loudly, so I actually listened: 1. A small home is the key to a big portfolio. My first wife and I bought a modest house, because we worried that we couldn’t really afford anything bigger. I ended up living in that house for two decades. Financially, it turned out to be one of the smartest things I’ve ever done, because it allowed me to save great gobs of money. That’s clear to me in retrospect. But I wish I’d known it was...
    A teenage schoolgirl has been electrocuted in Thailand as she listened to music on he phone with headphones while the device was charging.  Thanyaluck Fai Phadasri, 16, was found dead on her bed at her parents' home in Roi Et, northeastern Thailand, on September 10. The teenager had been studying in her room when her phone malfunctioned, giving her a fatal electric shock, police said.  Thanyaluck Fai Phadasri, 16, was electrocuted in Thailand as she listened to music on her phone with headphones while it was plugged in an charging The schoolgirl was discovered by grandmother Nookrai (centre) as she called the girl down for dinner at her parents' home on September 10 Thanyaluck was discovered lying next to her schoolbooks by her parents who had come to her room to call her for dinner. They found the charred phone in the unconscious girl's hand, with burn marks around her neck and on her arms. Father Thongchai Phadasri, 39, said he performed CPR on his daughter as paramedics were called. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ...
    (CNN)Members over the Miami Dolphins say they will "stay inside" for both "The Star-Spangled Banner" and the "Lift Every Voice and Sing" -- known as the Black National Anthem -- before their game against the New England Patriots Sunday.The powerful video, posted on Twitter Thursday, was over two minutes long and featured players who each spoke a line about why they decided to sit out the anthems."If we could just right our wrongs, we wouldn't need two songs." "We don't need another publicity parade.""We need changed hearts, not just a response to pressure."Read MoreThe NFL plans to play the Black national anthem before Week 1 gamesThe video came as the NFL kicked off its 2020 season -- one vastly different from seasons past. For one, as the Covid-19 pandemic rages on, stands this year will be almost empty. There will also be a new emphasis on social justice, following a summer of unrest after the killing of George Floyd and other Black Americans at the hands of police. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced this month the league has planned a...
    During CNN’s coverage of the 2020 Republican National Convention on Wednesday, host Chris Cuomo stated that he doesn’t know how people can think Vice President Mike Pence’s speech to a crowd with “no masks, nobody had to be tested” is “the right message.” Host Don Lemon said, “If you listened to the convention tonight, if you listened to Larry Kudlow, it’s in the rearview mirror, in the past tense. It’s not. I just had a friend who died, tonight, from complications from COVID.” Cuomo then stated, “And they were speaking to a crowd tonight, no masks, nobody had to be tested. I don’t know how they can believe that’s the right message. I really don’t.” Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
    Houston Texans wide receiver Kenny Stills believes if the NFL listened to Colin Kaepernick’s message back in 2016 when he knelt during the national anthem to bring awareness to social injustice, the league could have saved lives. Stills shared his thoughts on social media in response to a video of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell being interviewed by Fox Sports 1’s Emmanuel Acho during his video series called, “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man.” PACKERS' AARON RODGERS ON JACOB BLAKE SHOOTING: 'THERE'S A SYSTEMIC PROBLEM' “He can say whatever he wants to say now, but in a sense, if we would have taken a more stern stance and he would have listened to us in the beginning of this, there would have been so many lives that could have been saved,” Stills said. “There's a lot of progress that we could have made within our law enforcement, within our police, so it's a nice gesture, I guess, to say he wishes he would have done something different, but look at the NFL. The NFL needs to do a better job at...
    Florida teachers opposed to returning to classroom win lawsuit with Gov. DeSantis 14 hotels across the US that offer standalone cottages, villas, cabins, and bungalows for a socially distant stay Texans WR Kenny Stills: Roger Goodell, NFL cost lives by not listening to Colin Kaepernick sooner NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has changed his stance on players kneeling in protest during the national anthem and said that the league was wrong for not listening to its players’ complaints about social and racial justice in the country several times in recent months. He even said on Sunday in a video with former linebacker Emmanuel Acho that he wished he had listened to Colin Kaepernick — who was the first to kneel in protest — sooner. That statement, Houston Texans wide receiver Kenny Stills said Monday, came out of his mouth far too late.Goodell could have saved livesGoodell spoke with Acho on his digital show, “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man” on both Sunday and Monday, and was asked what he would say to Kaepernick if he were given the chance. “The...
    NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league should have “listened earlier” to Colin Kaepernick, the former quarterback who started a movement of kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequity. “I’m a big believer in dialogue, and frankly, I talk to my kids all the time and others about [how] you really don’t learn until you’re uncomfortable. … It gives you an opportunity to learn,” Goodell said at the start of an interview with former NFL linebacker Emmanuel Acho as part of his “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man” series. Goodell was asked what he wished he knew now, in 2020, about the protests that Kaepernick and others started when they first began before the 2016 season. The commissioner said he wished he had known “just what was going on in the communities." “I didn’t know what was going on in the communities,” he said before noting that he has spoken with a number of players about issues of racial inequality since protests began across the country following the Memorial Day death of...