Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Feb 08, 2023 - 06:07:46
73 results - (0.001 seconds)

Jeanie Buss:

latest news at page 1:
    Daunte Wright remembered as the Prince of Brooklyn Center by Rev. Al Sharpton Publisher pauses new Philip Roth biography as author, Blake Bailey, is accused of rape and grooming The relationship between Shaquille O'Neal and the late Kobe Bryant, both on and off the court, is one of the more captivating storylines in NBA history. The duo won three consecutive titles with the Los Angeles Lakers, but their partnership came to an end shortly after an NBA Finals loss to the Detroit Pistons in 2004, when O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat in exchange for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and two draft picks. © Provided by CBS Sports Ask any random NBA fan, and they'll tell you the reasoning behind the O'Neal trade was simple: He and Bryant could no longer coexist due to their on- and off-court disagreements, and it became a "him or me" situation, with the Lakers eventually choosing the younger Bryant over O'Neal. CBS Sports HQ Your Ultimate Guide to Every Day in Sports We bring sports news that matters to your...
    The Los Angeles Lakers are coming off of an unprecedented season as they won their 17th championship. But due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, all the post-season games in 2019-20 were played in empty arenas. This trend continued early this season as well, as no fans were allowed in the Staples Center. With no fans, Lakers’ ring ceremony in the opening night certainly was missing its general flair. Jeanie Buss reveals the unveiling of Lakers’ 17th championship banner While the ring ceremony might have concluded, the Laker fans still can celebrate last season’s prolific championship run. With the Lakers finally welcoming fans from the second week of April, the Staples Center will finally see crowds in some capacity. Given that they will have a number of fans in the arena, Jeanie Buss recently revealed when the team is going to unveil its 17th championship banner. Feb 20, 2021; Los Angeles, California, USA; Los Angeles Lakers head coach Frank Vogel (right) talks to his team during a timeout in the fourth quarter of the Lakers 96-94 loss to the Miami Heat...
    The LA Lakers had an incredible run to the NBA championship last season. In just two seasons since his arrival, LeBron James brought Anthony Davis to the Lakers and then worked with him to bring the NBA championship back to LA. For the Lakers, it was their first championship in 10 years, and a signal to the league that they’re back. But the rest of the NBA is now gunning for their spot. Jeanie Buss fires a warning Los Angeles Lakers owner Jeanie Buss spoke to Stephen A. Smith recently about the NBA aiming to dethrone them. She welcomed their competition, noting that their rivals make them stronger. Buss highlighted the coaching staff, including head coach Frank Vogel, and noted how they welcome the challenge. The Lakers are ready and willing to take on the best of the best in the NBA. READ MORE: NBA Insider Stirs up The Likelihood of LeBron James and Stephen Curry Pairing Up “It brings out the best in us. When teams identify us as the team to beat and they gear up...
    The Lakers are now standing at the 30-win mark after winning the last two games. It was very important for them to collect those victories to take control of their #4 seeding in the WC. Also, they will not want to impose a lot of pressure on their injured duo when they do come back.  As of now, the Anthony Davis situation is such that the team will reevaluate his condition in the coming week or so. For LeBron James, early May seems like the most probable time for his comeback. But how does the Lakers’ President view this? Jeanie Buss and her trademark optimistic self In a recent interview with Stephen A. Smith, the proud owner of the Lakers gave her prediction for the duo’s return. The 59-YO detailed: “It’s not fun having your two top players out. I’ve been proud of the way the team has kinda bounced back. We had a nice win last night. I’m looking forward to getting those two guys back. And certainly, the addition of Andre Drummond, who we picked up in the...
    If the Lakers want to be crowned the too-early favorites for the NBA title, the Nets are happy to oblige. After watching the Nets add James Harden via trade in January and, more recently, Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge off the buyout market, Lakers owner Jeanie Buss had a message heard coast-to-coast: Bring it on. “It brings out the best in us,” Buss said Monday on “Stephen A’s World” on ESPN+. “When teams identify us as the team to beat and they gear up to go at us head-to-head, that makes us work harder. So, bring it on.” Nets coach Steve Nash, who played the final two seasons of his Hall of Fame career for the Lakers before retiring in 2015, didn’t exactly throw down a gauntlet in return. “They are a great team, great franchise, defending champs,” Nash said. “So, they are the team to beat.” Aldridge acknowledged he listened to pitches from other unspecified teams — the Lakers were in the mix but the Heat were considered the front-runners, according to Yahoo — before choosing the Nets. Asked...
    Getty Jeanie Buss during the 2020 NBA Finals Coming into the 2020-21 NBA season the Los Angeles Lakers were expected by many to repeat for another NBA title easily. The Lakers on paper at least had the best duo in the NBA with LeBron James and Anthony Davis and added the top two Sixth Man of the Year candidates from 2020 in Dennis Schroeder and Montrezl Harrell. Unfortunately for Lakers fans, the Brooklyn Nets burst into the championship picture like wildfire. They had already come into the season with a healthy and well-rested Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving and then made the trade of the season when they acquired James Harden from the Houston Rockets by way of a blockbuster trade in January. The latest Nets news straight to your inbox! Join the Heavy on Nets newsletter here! Join Heavy on Nets! Jeanie Buss Insists the Lakers Are Not Backing DownRecently, Brooklyn acquired All-Stars Blake Griffin and LaMarcus Aldridge through the buyout market and now are presumed by many to be the new favorites to win the...
    Getty Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo. There’s been so much debate over who is the best player in the NBA over the last few years. LeBron James has spent over a decade dominating the league but it just seemed like a matter of time before somebody better showed up. Kevin Durant looked like he could take the mantle, then Steph Curry, then Kawhi Leonard and then Giannis Antetokounmpo. While all four of those men are elite superstars, none of them have done enough to prove that they’re better than LeBron. Giannis made it clear that awards and stats don’t matter. He believes that the Los Angeles Lakers star is the best around and it’s not even debatable. “For sure, I think he’s one of the best players in the league. For sure. There’s no doubt,” Giannis said, via USA Today. “He’s a champion. And as long as you’re the champion, you’re the best player in the league. I don’t care who’s the MVP, I don’t care who’s the leading scorer in the NBA. If you’re the champion on...
    Whether it is on the basketball court or in the business world, Shaquille O’Neal is a force to be reckoned with. He is one of the most dominant players the NBA has ever seen. Not only is he responsible for bringing the Los Angeles Lakers a plethora of championships, but also has a big hand in, literally and figuratively, breaking the backboards of the basket with his monstrous dunks. On his 49th Birthday, some people have dropped wishes for the big man. Shareef O’Neal shares memories with his father Shaquille O’Neal entered the realm of basketball through LSU. It wasn’t until his sophomore year that his offense started to create an impact. Following his footsteps is his son, Shareef O’Neal, who is also playing basketball at LSU and might continue with the legacy Shaq has built over the years. However, on his special day, Shareef couldn’t help but share some hilarious and emotional memories with his idol. He posted a video of them wrestling, along with a throwback picture of Shareef as a kid on the court. He also posted...
    A couple of days ago, Kyrie Irving caused a stir among NBA fans all around the world when he suggested that the league should change its logo to a silhouette of the late Kobe Bryant. While some criticized the comment, fans all over the world have supported the initiative. Even Kobe’s wife, Vanessa Bryant, came out in support of Kyrie. Yesterday, Lakers’ President Jeanie Buss became the latest person to come out to bolster Kyrie & Vanessa’s comments. She tweeted, “I agree with Vanessa Bryant. Kobe set a standard and players agree too. Let me know what you think.” This is not the first time that the NBA community has wanted Kobe to be the logo. After the tragic death of the ‘Black Mamba‘, fans around the world signed a petition to change the league’s logo. The league, however, didn’t pay any heed. The NBA community has been absolutely buzzing about a possible change in the league’s logo. There hasn’t been a major change in the league’s logo since its rebranding in 1969. Given the current logo’s popularity all over...
    In September 2019, a handful of NBA executives joined hands to create a premium line of Tequilas named Cincoro Tequila. Almost 1.5 years since then, the brand and two of its owners are again making headlines for some non-business reasons. It is the Lakers’ President Jeanie Buss and the Hornets owner Michael Jordan. Recently, the six-time grand slam champion MJ turned 58-YO and received wishes from all around the world. Among all the wishes, the one that stood apart came from Jeanie Buss, who raised many eyebrows with her style. Lakers’ President and her cryptic message for Michael Jordan The 59-YO high-achieving NBA executive wrote a question on her Twitter post and left everything else to the imagination.  This post immediately led to brewing rumors about the phenomenal leader making a move on Air Jordan. However, one must logically read them as mere reactions to a very sweet post from an MJ fan who has watched him age like wine.  Interestingly, Jeanie and MJ share many commonalities, the most common being legendary coach Phil Jackson. After the Jordan era ended...
    The best pound-for-pound movie boxers 20 Perks of Prime Membership You May Not Know About Lakers Jeanie Buss becomes first female controlling owner to win championship Jeanie Buss made history late Sunday when she came down to the court to accept the Larry O’Brien trophy. Buss, who over the Los Angeles Lakers in 2017, is the first female controlling owner to lead an NBA organization to a championship. “I look forward to celebrating with you. Until then, I will bring back the trophy to Los Angeles, where it belongs.” - @JeanieBuss pic.twitter.com/BWu0Jns4Eb— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) October 12, 2020 The Basketball Association of American formed in 1946 and merged with the National Basketball League three years later to form the NBA. It’s been more than 70 years without a woman winning a title as the principal owner. Buss, 59, took over as controlling owner of the Lakers in 2017 after a legal battle with her brothers. The Buss Family Trust owns the organization, and Buss serves as president. Her father, Jerry Buss, won 10 NBA titles...
    At times, talented players are not the only thing a team requires. A lot more thought goes out into bringing new players into an established team. The perfect example of this is Dwight Howard being acquired by the Lakers in the 2011-12 season. His chemistry with the team just didn’t fit and the Lakers’ president blames their then head coach, Mike D’Antoni. Even when Dwight was just in high school, he became a prospect that nobody could miss out on. He was so highly skilled that he didn’t even need to go to college and directly made it to the 2004 NBA Draft. Orlando Magic grabbed Howard when they had the chance, and since then he has been making a significant impact. So much so, that he ended up carrying Magic to the NBA Finals and ended up with the Defensive Player of The Year Award. However, it was only a matter of time before Howard wanted more growth. He was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, but then the downfall beg an. By the looks of it, a Kobe...
    A politically motivated attack: Federal judge says hell block USPS changes after mail delays Papa Johns creating new global headquarters in Atlanta, shifting some jobs out of Louisville Jeanie Buss shares birthday note for ex-boyfriend Phil Jackson Los Angeles Lakers owner Jeanie Buss and legendary coach Phil Jackson broke up several years ago after being engaged for quite some time, but it would appear the two still have an amicable relationship. © Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports Lakers owner Jeannie Buss made sure to send a nice birthday message to ex Phil Jackson on Twitter. Jackson celebrated his 75th birthday on Thursday. Buss wished him a happy birthday on Twitter and called the former Lakers coach “the most influential man in my life.” Happy Birthday to Coach Phil Jackson. #11Rings The most influential man in my life. His teaching me about team building & staying present in the moment changed my life. His wisdom & intellectual curiosity lead me on my own mission of seeking truth. pic.twitter.com/1Otc1gvbU4 — Jeanie Buss (@JeanieBuss) September 17, 2020 © Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports Lakers...
    Since the league is resuming on neutral grounds, there won’t be any significant home games for the participating teams. The staff inside the bubble are also limited. This means that there will be lots of work in hands for everyone. That is when Rob Pelinka stepped up for the Los Angeles Lakers and made life easier for his team’s staff.  For those of you who are unaware of who Pelinka is, he is the General Manager of the Lakers and the Vice President of Basketball Operations. Pelinka holds such an esteemed position in the organization, but his humility will definitely astonish you.  Lakers GM is a team-player inside the Orlando bubble Due to restrictions put forth by the league, there are only a limited number of staff members that can accompany the team. Thus, it makes everything more difficult. A lot goes behind the players’ routine before a game.  Since his team is short-staffed in the bubble, Lakers GM Rob Pelinka has wowed everyone with his humility. Kyle Goon of ‘The Orange County Register’ managed to get in touch with...
    How Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Spending Their First Fourth of July in America Trump says increase of cases is great news Lakers owner Jeanie Buss speaks out on Redskins name change debate Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder defiantly stated in 2013 that he would “never” change the name of his team, but after stadium sponsor FedEx publicly requested “the team in Washington” to consider a name change, the Redskins announced Friday that they would be reviewing the team’s controversial name. © Provided by For The Win In a statement released by the team, Snyder said that the review process “allows the team to take into account not only the proud tradition and history of the franchise but also input from our alumni, the organization, sponsors, the National Football League and the local community.” The debate over the team’s name has been raging for years, but with Snyder’s path to relocating to a new D.C. stadium blocked unless the name is changed, along with the pressure from major sponsors, it certainly seems like the time for a change...
    Jeanie Buss is shining light on some horrific words.  The Lakers owner shared a short but grotesque letter addressed to her on Juneteenth from a fan. The short note insults the late Kobe Bryant and refers to Buss as a “whore.” With the posting of the letter, she also called to action her “white friends” to fight against racism. (Warning: while redacted, letter contains offensive language.) After much thought, I decided to share this letter I received on Monday so that everyone can see the hate is real and living out there. This is happening in our world TODAY. Its real and it exists.  To Joe: Did sending this letter make you feel better? Really all you did was waste your time, and energy and your postage stamp. (But thank you for including your retune home address) Why don’t you look in the mirror and see your ugliness because I refuse to. I have received letters like this over the years. The advice I alays got? “Ignore it.” I did. But not anymore. On this day, Juneteenth, I ask my...
    As the Los Angeles Lakers President, Jeanie Buss, received a harsh letter from a former Lakers fan, the community came to her rescue. After LeBron James’ support via Instagram stories, now NBA legend Magic Johnson addressed the letter, and Buss’ response to it, on Twitter. Magic Johnson gives Lakers president an emotional response     Recently, Jeanie Buss, Los Angeles Lakers president, received a racist letter from a certain someone named Joe. The letter seemed to be written out of complete anger and hatred. Yet, Jeanie decided to speak up about it. She took to her social media and let her followers know that racism really does exist. Jeanie shared the letter on Instagram and highlighted that such hatred against African-Americans exist in this time and age. She went on to question the undersigned Joe, about what he achieved by doing this. The fact that Jeanie Buss, stood up for the community publically, seemed to have touched NBA legend Earvin Magic Johnson.   I wouldn’t have become the businessman I am today without your father Dr. Jerry Buss mentoring &...
    Lakers owner Jeanie Buss shared a letter sent to her from a fan that contained racist and misogynistic epithets so that “everyone can see the hate is real and living out there.” Buss published the two-sentence letter to her Instagram on Friday, which fell on the Juneteenth federal holiday that marks the official end of slavery in the US 155 years ago. “Dear Whore,” it began. “After 60 years as a huge Lakers fan, I now say to hell with the overpaid n—-r traitors and the NBA. “Go to hell and join [expletive] Kobe Bryant.” The epithets were scribbled out by Buss, as was the last name of the sender, whose first name appears to be Joe. Bryant, the Lakers legend, died in a January helicopter crash alongside his daughter, Gianna, six of their friends and the pilot. “After much thought, I decided to share this letter I received on Monday so that everyone can see the hate is real and living out there,” the 58-year-old Buss, who is white, wrote in the caption to her 155,000 followers. “This...
    Lakers proprietor Jeanie Buss has shared a letter despatched to her from a fan that contained racist and misogynistic slurs in order that “everybody can see the hate is actual and dwelling on the market.” Buss printed the two-sentence letter to her Instagram on Friday, which fell on the Juneteenth federal vacation that marks the official finish of slavery within the US 155 years in the past. “Expensive Whore,” it started. “After 60 years as an enormous Lakers fan, I now say to hell with the overpaid n—-r traitors and the NBA. “Go to hell and be part of [expletive] Kobe Bryant.” The epithets had been scribbled out by Buss, as was the final title of the sender, whose first title seems to be Joe. Bryant, the Lakers legend, died in a January helicopter crash alongside his daughter, Gianna, six of their buddies and the pilot. “After a lot thought, I made a decision to share this letter I obtained on Monday so that everybody can see the hate is actual and dwelling on the market,” the 58-year-old Buss,...
    By Broderick Turner | Los Angeles Times LOS ANGELES — After some deliberation Jeanie Buss, the Los Angeles Lakers co-owner and chief executive officer, decided Friday to share on Instagram a photograph of a letter that contained racist and misogynistic comments. The letter began with, “Dear Whore,” and it appeared to have been written on a typewriter. The letter only got nastier and used the n-word. “After 60 years as a huge Lakers fan, I now say to hell with the overpaid … traitors and the NBA,” the person wrote. The n-word was blacked. “Go to hell and join (expletive) Kobe Bryant” is how it finishes. The name Joe was signed to the letter, but his last name was blacked out. “After much thought, I decided to share this letter I received on Monday so that everyone can see the hate is real and living out there,” Buss wrote. “This is happening in our world TODAY. It is real and it exists. “To Joe: Did sending this letter make you feel better?...