Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2022 - 21:54:37
87 results - (0.015 seconds)

over the phone:

latest news at page 1:
    MONROE, N.C. -- A North Carolina mother met the 911 operator who talked her through delivering her baby.Keri Michaels got the call around 3:30 in the morning. Samantha Lockhart of Union County was on the other end of the line.Lockhart was out of breath and struggling to communicate with Michaels."I knew that she was already in labor, and the child was coming," Keri Michaels said.Lockhart was at her home with only her three young children there with her. Her fourth child was on the way, and Lockhart knew she would not be able to make it to the hospital.That's when Michaels stepped in."It's like God sent her, for me, for this situation. She kept me calm. She walked me through everything," Lockhart said. "She was definitely amazing. I wouldn't have had it any other way."In the end, Lockhart's son was born at a healthy 8 lbs 5 oz."I will remember this call for the rest of my life," Michaels said.
    This young woman distracted by her mobile phone has survived being run over by a cement mixer while crossing a busy street during a traffic jam. The incident was filmed by a CCTV camera on Ivan Sirko Street in the Ukrainian capital Kiev. In the footage, the woman is seen crossing between cars in a traffic jam while talking on her phone. The woman, pictured, is engrossed in a mobile phone conversation while crossing through heavy traffic in Ukraine  By walking so close to the truck she is in the driver's blind spot and cannot be seen  The driver is completely oblivious to the woman as she rolls into a ball underneath his truck She suddenly stops in front of a concrete mixing truck just as the driver, who apparently cannot see the woman from his elevated position at the wheel, moves forward in the traffic jam. The front of the HGV knocks the woman to the ground and she apparently rolls into a ball as the truck moves slowly forwards. The young woman was reportedly taken...
    More On: shopping The best expert-approved face masks to wear on long flights: KN95s and more 13 of the best accessories for a stylish spring Prepare for Brood X with these anti-cicada essentials What landlords need to know about selling a tenant-occupied property You’re not alone – receiving calls from robots and scammers is an increasingly common occurrence. Someone calling about the extended warranty on the car you don’t own? Someone speaking a language you don’t understand? Political messaging you’re sick of hearing or even criminals trying to get your information? Spam calls are an annoying and unnecessary disruption to your days. If you can avoid it, you’ll be all the better for it. RoboKiller is designed to do just that on your behalf, blocking spam calls and text messages. And it’s currently on sale for just $59.99 for a three-year subscription to RoboKiller Spam Call & Text Blocker, a steep discount of 49% off the full ordinary price of $119. Eliminate most automated calls by using RoboKiller on your mobile phone. RoboKiller Spam Call and Text Blocker is...
    BIG Brother fans were left horrified after an Australian contestant was forced to say goodbye to their dying nan over the phone LIVE on TV. The thirteenth series of the Aussie show has just started - and it's already left viewers in tears after housemate Jess Trend, 29, was given some heartbreaking news just two days in. 5Jess Trend had to say her final goodbyes to her beloved nanna over the phone on the showCredit: Seven The professional football player's brother called her in the Diary Room to tell her that their beloved grandma had cancer, and that she didn't have long left to live. He told her: "We need to tell you that nanna isn't doing too great. They've found out that it was cancer, a tumour, and there's not very long." "She's going to a better place." Her sibling continued: "We're all very proud of you and we want you to stay in there. There is nothing you can do." 5Jess pictured with her nannaCredit: instagram/jesstrend The distraught football player covered her face with her hands as...
    Madison Summers April 20, 2021 0 Comments Philonise Floyd, the brother of George Floyd, is sharing what President Joe Biden told him during a phone conversation. During Tuesday’s “Today” show interview Philonise Floyd said of the conversation, “He knows how it is to lose a family member, and he knows the process of what we’re going through, so he just let us know he was praying for us and hoping that everything would come out to be OK.” NBC’s Craig Melvin noted that he was in the room when Biden called. There were closing arguments in the murder trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin on Monday. Jurors will resume deliberations on Tuesday, and the jury’s decision is expected as soon as Tuesday. Watch the interview below: “I just feel that in America, if a Black man can’t get justice for this, what can a Black man get justice for?” -Philonise Floyd, brother of George Floyd pic.twitter.com/0MvVplBFsO— TODAY (@TODAYshow) April 20, 2021 Chauvin has pleaded not guilty of murder and manslaughter in the death of Floyd....
    IBRAHIMA KONATE'S phone has been 'ringing all over the place' since strong Liverpool links emerged this morning. The RB Leipzig star is currently away on international duty with France Under-21s. 3Ibrahima Konate has been heavily linked with LiverpoolCredit: Getty But while he aims to progress through the group stage of the European Championships, a major bombshell surrounding his future has dropped. The Athletic claim that Liverpool have made 'significant progress' in talks with RB Leipzig over a £34million move for the centre-back. Asked about the reports by L'Equipe, he responded: "I woke up, I saw my phone ringing all over the place. "I just wanted to tell them, 'Hey, I played yesterday, I'm tired, leave me alone.' "Frankly, I don't even watch this. "We can't focus on that, there are the Euros and then my return to the club. "You have to focus on that and not on the external things." Konate, 21, played the full 90 minutes as the young Bleus defeated Russia in Hungary on Sunday. 3Konate, 21, helped France U-21s beat Russia on SundayCredit: Reuters...
    Tiger King's Joe Exotic and husband Dillon Passage are divorcing after over three-years of marriage. The docuseries star reportedly learned Passage, 25, is pulling the plug on the relationship via a phone call to the Fort Worth, Texas prison where the 58-year-old former animal trainer is currently serving out a 22-year sentence for plotting to murder rival Carole Baskin. Exotic - full name Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage - is heartbroken according to his lawyer Francisco Hernandez, who spoke to TMZ. Jilted Joe is considering rushing to file a petition to divorce in order to beat Passage, according to one source but another said he is still weighing his options. It's over: Tiger King star Joe Exotic and husband of three-years Dillon Passage are getting a divorce after Passage dumped the Netflix persona over the phone while Exotic continues to serve out his prison sentence He reportedly emailed a friend while fresh from the phone call, telling them he feels 'abandoned and alone and just wanted to mean something to someone,' per TMZ.  Though the former owner of the Greater Wynnewood...
    Tiger King's Joe Exotic and his husband Dillon Passage are set to file for divorce after three years of marriage. Exotic, 58, reportedly learned his relationship with Dylan, 25, was over via a phone call to the Forth Worth, Texas prison where he's currently serving 22-years for plotting to kill his big cat rival Carole Baskin. 1Exotic, 58, reportedly learned his relationship with Dylan, 25, was over via a phone call to the Forth Worth, Texas prison where he's currently serving 22-yearsCredit: Instagram The docuseries star, real name Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage, is said to be heartbroken over the break-up, his lawyer Francisco Hernandez told TMZ. In an email to a friend penned shortly after learning of Dylan's plans to divorce, Exotic wrote that he felt "abandoned and alone and just wanted to mean something to someone." Dylan, meanwhile, has said the decision to split wasn't easy and insisted their was no bad blood between the pair, pledging to support him throughout the remainder of his sentence. The 25-year-old said he has grown lonely since Exotic was placed behind bars in...
    LESLEY O’Neill, 60, a pilates instructor, lives in north London with her husband James, 54, and their daughter Molly, 17.    “Talking to my son Louis on the phone, I heard the anxiety in his voice. He’d been under the weather for a couple of weeks and said he still didn’t feel right. 7Lesley O’Neill was on the phone to her son Louis, 24, when the paramedics pronounced him deadCredit: Supplied Knowing he was prone to panicking, I told him to rest and relax – never imagining that just hours later, he’d be gone.  Louis, 24, was the light of my life, a real character, always telling jokes. His dad Stanley, 56, and I were overjoyed when he was born. We divorced after his first birthday and I went on to meet James. We had our daughter Molly and the following year we got married. Louis loved his little sister and stepdad, but also remained close to his father.  7As he hit his teens, Louis developed anxietyCredit: Supplied 7When Louis was young, he was always telling jokes and...
    IT'S hard to meet someone during the pandemic, so one woman took drastic measures to chat up her neighbour by sticking signs in her window. After staying at home for months over the lockdown, one singleton had noticed the bloke living opposite her.  9A singleton decided to try and chat up her neighbour after watching him over lockdownCredit: Tiktok / /@a129593a She would catch him chatting with friends and playing guitar in his flat, so she plucked up the courage to try and get in touch.  But without being able to go over and knock on his door, she wrote a giant sign to put in her window, in the hopes of grabbing his attention.  The woman, from London, shared their ‘lockdown love story’ on TikTok, showing the view from her window. She wrote, in giant black letters, for everyone to see: “@ the man with a bike on his balcony. 9Unfortunately he was single - but was moving awayCredit: Tiktok / /@a129593a “R U single?” Incredibly the bloke spotted it too - and decided to respond. Amazingly he...
    A New York assemblyman who accused Andrew Cuomo of berating him during a phone call, has penned an op-ed calling for the governor to be impeached over the COVID-19 nursing home scandal.  Earlier this month, Melissa DeRosa, Cuomo's secretary, unleashed a political firestorm when she admitted to state Democrats that the administration had deliberately hid data on the number of COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes.  Days after that revelation, Assemblyman Ron Kim claimed that the governor made threats as part of an effort to get him to 'cover up' for DeRosa's admission.  Now, Kim is standing up to the governor and even wrote an op-ed for Newsweek calling for his impeachment.  'We cannot be numb to the fact that 15,000 people died in nursing homes under Governor Cuomo's watch,' Kim wrote.  New York Assemblyman Ron Kim (right) who accused Andrew Cuomo (left) of berating him during a phone call, has penned an op-ed calling for the governor to be impeached over the COVID-19 nursing home scandal Earlier this month, Melissa DeRosa (left), Cuomo's secretary, unleashed a political firestorm when...
    A New York assemblyman has claimed that he was threatened by Governor Andrew Cuomo and told 'I can destroy you' if he did not issue a positive statement regarding the nursing home cover-up scandal. Democratic Assemblyman Ron Kim claimed he received an angry phone call from Cuomo on Thursday after he was quoted in a New York Post article that revealed new details about how the governor's administration held back the true numbers on nursing home deaths from COVID-19. Kim alleges that Cuomo shouted at him for ten minutes and asked him 'are you an honorable man?' before the governor added that he 'hadn't seen his wrath and anger' before. Cuomo appeared to make good on his alleged threat on Wednesday as he criticized Kim during a press briefing and claimed that he and the assembly member had a 'long and hostile relationship'. Democratic Assemblyman Ron Kim (pictured) claims he was threatened by NY Governor Andrew Cuomo in a phonecall last week over the nursing home cover-up scandal Cuomo said in a briefing Wedneday that he and Kim...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Many elderly people are anxious to get the COVID vaccine and unscrupulous scammers know this. For nearly a year, 87-year-old Janice Gach and her 90-year old husband, Lou have been very careful. In fact, they barely leave their Weston home in fear of getting sick. “Ever since February, we stopped going out for anything,” she said. “If I even get a head cold, I get into bronchitis and it’s bad.” Getting the coronavirus could be devastating for the Gach’s. Ever since the vaccine became available, the Gach’s have called the state health department and have been online trying to get an appointment. Trending On CBSMiami.com Neighbor Describes FBI Shooting Suspect David Huber As A ‘Loner’ Who Once Pulled A Gun On Pest Control Worker Stimulus Check Latest: Help Is Nearing. What’s The Timeline For Next Economic Relief Payment? FBI To Pay Tribute To Special Agents Laura Schwartzenberger & Daniel Alfin With Memorial Service At Hard Rock Stadium Janice patiently waited for word from the state. She said, “I was just expecting the phone call to...
    Ana de Armas' cardboard cutout was seen being tossed into Ben Affleck's trash after the actress is said to have "dumped him over the phone." The famous pair seemed to drift apart after moving in together. 10An Ana de Armas cardboard cutout was seen being tossed in Ben Affleck's trash can Credit: TheImageDirect.com 10An unknown man was spotted with the now notable cutout of the actress smiling and lying on her stomachCredit: TheImageDirect.com 10The man, who was wearing a face covering, dumped the cardboard version of AnaCredit: TheImageDirect.com A man in a long-sleeve yellow shirt and brown work pants was spotted with the now notable cutout of Ana smiling and lying on her stomach, as he dropped it off in the actor's trash can. The unknown person, also wearing a face covering, picks one can to discard the cardboard version of Ana - the same cutout that Ben's kids pranked him with last summer. Back in June, the star's youngest daughter Seraphina, 12, and his son Samuel, eight - whom he shares with ex Jennifer Garner - appeared to set...
    New York : NYPL Headquarters, 5th Avenue and 42nd St Photo: Andrés Correa Guatarasma / Courtesy As virtual programs have become the new educational normal as a result of the pandemic, Some students whose families are experiencing financial problems still have problems with access to the Internet, which could delay their performance in school. The New York Public Library (NYPL) is offering an alternative through a service called “StoryLine”, that allows you to listen for free stories by phone, in a traditional way, without the need for the Internet. Anyone can access the stories read by expert librarians. Just have to dial 917-ASK-NYPL (917-275-6975) and choose option 6. Every Monday there will be a new story available in three languages: English, Spanish and Mandarin. Library officials say the service not only encourages children to keep reading, it also helps them explore your imagination. Additionally, although there is no set date for the reopening, the NYPL library network also continues to offer “take out” service at 50 of its 92 locations in the Bronx, Manhattan and...
    'Soho Karen' Miya Ponsetto has finally offered an apology to the black teen she accused of stealing her phone, but his parents say they don't find her words to be 'genuine' and are calling for a boycott against the Arlo hotel chain. On Monday CBS This Morning aired more footage of host Gayle King's interview with Ponsetto, who was arraigned over the weekend in New York City and freed on supervised release. In the interview she offered an apology for the December 26 incident where she charged at Keyon Harrold Jr, 14, the son of prominent jazz trumpeter Keyon Harrold Sr in the lobby of the Arlo Hotel in Soho, Manhattan.  'I'm sorry. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. He is honestly — he's 14? That's what they're claiming? Yeah. I'm 22. I've lived probably just the same amount of life as him. Like, honestly. I'm just as a kid at heart as he is,' she said.  'I feel sorry that I made the family go through, like, all of that stress. But at the same time, it...
    Happy New Year. Same as the old year. Cue the dolt who says this is far worse than Watergate! CNN contributor and author Carl Bernstein: This is something far worse than [what] occurred in Watergate. SEN. MARCO RUBIO: GEORGIA SENATE RUNOFFS -- THE FATE OF OUR NATION IS IN GEORGIA'S HANDS MSNBC contributor and presidential historian Michael Beschloss: Threatening the secretary of state of Georgia as a mobster would! CNN Anchor Brianna Keilar: He demanded that they find votes to overturn the states election results MSNBC Anchor Alexis Witt: Pressuring the Georgia Republican secretary of state to find enough votes to overturn his defeat "The View"/ABC’s Joy Behar: If we have the 25th Amendment, if they don’t use it with him, when are they going to use it? CNN Anchor John Berman: This morning it’s fair to ask whether he’s lost his mind. CNN White House Correspondent John Harwood: He is mentally or psychologically impaired and unable to understand that what he was doing was false. It’s the latest media hoax. That "mob boss" Trump demanded Georgia's secretary of state...
    Whitney Way Thore breaks down in tears as she details the heartbreaking moment she learned her ex-fiancé Chase Severino was having a child with another woman.  In a preview clip from Tuesday's episode of the TLC series My Big Fat Fabulous Life that was shared by People, the 36-year-old opens up about their breakup on camera for the first time.    'I'm not really sure how to say it. Some major s**t went down,' Whitney says in her confessional, explaining that she knew something was wrong because Chase was insistent that he needed to see her while she was quarantining in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Hard: Whitney Way Thore, 36, breaks down in tears as she opens up about her breakup with her ex-fiancé Chase Severino on camera for the first time on My Big Fat Fabulous Life Ouch: Chase (pictured with Whitney) confessed to the reality star over the phone that he had cheated on her and was having a baby with another  'A few weeks into the stay-at-home order, Chase was basically like, begging to come to Charlotte, and I told him...
    We are eight days away from the release of Cyberpunk 2077, but with all of the brand tie-ins for the upcoming roleplaying game, you could mistakenly think it was already out. Throughout the year, developer CD Projekt Red has teamed up with multiple companies to create a slew of cyberpunk-themed items from gaming mice to game controllers and, yes, even energy drinks. The target audience: people who love both the color yellow and dystopian motifs so much that they’d be willing to look at them, wear them, and even drink them at all times. The good news for Cyberpunk 2077 fans is there are plenty of ways to show off your fandom, from the official CDPR “samurai” varsity jacket to the profoundly hideous Cyberpunk-themed Secretlab Omega gaming chair. The bad news is it’s all inexplicably expensive — and, oh yeah, a bit hideous. A lot of these collaborations are very on-brand, I must say. They all have a futuristic vibe that could appeal to the right kind of fan steeped in Blade Runner vibes and synthwave aesthetics —...
    Australian singles are locked in heated debate over the kindest way to break up with someone - and it's a puzzle that has divided the nation. The discussion began when Perth relationship expert Louanne Ward posed the question in her Facebook group, She Said He Said. The dating coach asked if there is ever a 'right way' to end a relationship, or whether calling things off will always be upsetting for at least one of those involved. 'Breaking it off or being broken up with is never easy. Is there a right way?' Ms Ward wrote. While some felt up-front honesty is always the best policy, a surprising number supported ghosting - the cruel approach of cutting off all communication without any explanation. Scroll down for video Perth dating coach Louanne Ward asked Australian singles if there is any 'right way' to break up with someone - and it's divided the nation Poll What is the best way to break up with someone? Face to face Over the phone Via text message It depends on the relationship...
    HIS infamous booze binges and blind rages are almost as dramatic as his Oscar-winning movies. So when it comes to romance, it’s no surprise Russell Crowe has had a turbulent history. 19Russell Crowe with new love Britney Theriot, 26 years his juniorCredit: Matrix Pictures This week, the 56-year-old star was pictured kissing new love Britney Theriot - 26 years his junior - during a tennis match in Sydney. It’s the first time he’s gone public with a relationship since his painful 2012 split from wife Danielle Spencer - after a stormy marriage which included an infamous incident when he ripped a hotel phone off a wall and threw it at an employee. But the New Zealand-born star - who has two sons, Charles, 16, and Tennyson, 13 with Danielle - has been linked to numerous women before, during and after their relationship, including Courtney Love, Dita Von Teese and Meg Ryan. Here we look at the chequered love life of the Gladiator star. 19Russell and Britney piled on the PDA during a tennis session in SydneyCredit: Matrix Pictures 19Danielle Spencer...
    GARETH SOUTHGATE has hit back at Jose Mourinho for publicly telling him to rest Harry Kane rather than over the phone. The Tottenham boss had urged the England chief to go easy on his star striker over the three-match international break. 3Southgate has revealed his frustration at Mourinho telling him to rest Kane publicly rather than over the phoneCredit: PA:Press Association 3Mourinho is hoping Southgate doesn't overuse Kane during the international triple-headerCredit: AFP or licensors Kane is Mourinho's ONLY out-and-out striker after failing to add reinforcements over the summer. And, amidst a congested club schedule, the Spurs chief told the media he hoped Southgate would give Kane something of a breather, despite games against Wales, Belgium and Denmark this month. But Southgate has vented his frustration at finding out via the media rather than with a courtesy phone-call. On naming his England squad - and with a wry smile, Southgate said: "Jose was on great form, I heard him... "He won't phone but he will stand on the top of Tottenham's stadium and tell us, so that was good.  "I'm...
    Whether you’re out on a jog, running errands, or lying around the house, the convenience a smartwatch provides is truly priceless — until you see the price tag on some of these things. While name brands tend to sway people to fork up the big bucks, there are some smartwatches out there that boast the same great functionality and high-quality service you crave. Enter the SLIDE SW600 Smart Watch. This sleek, modern timepiece has everything you’d ever want in a smartwatch and then some. Capable of paring with your phone, you’ll have your emails, texts, calendar, and more right at your fingertips, accessing anything you need with a mere tap of a finger. But along with incredible convenience, the SLIDE SW600 Smart Watch serves as a fantastic health tool. From tracking your steps to monitoring your heart rate, you can stay on top of fitness goals anywhere, anytime — even if that means checking the weather before you head out on a run. No matter what your exercise routine is, this smartwatch stays with you every step of the way,...
    A brawl - among other things - busted out over a cell phone at a Waffle House in the US over the weekend.  'You can always count on waffle house,' wrote the Twitter user who posted the now-viral video Saturday.  In the video, three patrons - a woman in yellow, a woman with flaming red hair and a man - are seen in the middle of yelling at a Waffle House employee who is asking them to pay their bill.    As the man demands his 'god**n phone' - which the restaurant employees appear to be in custody of - the yellow-clad woman tells a worker to hand over the phone. 'Ring that one up so we can pay for that one and then you can put up that phone,' the woman says.  A wild brawl broke out at a Waffle House in the US. The customers apparently wanted workers to return a cell phone, while workers wanted the patrons to pay their bill RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Bizarre moment Nancy Pelosi blurts out...
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — While University of Minnesota students have started the school year with distance learning, one thing will soon be somewhat normal again: Gopher football will return at the end of October. READ MORE: Big Ten Votes Unanimously To Reinstate Fall Football Season; Gophers’ PJ Fleck Says ‘We’re Back’ Junior Joe Adanek said he’s glad the Gophers get another chance after an 11-2 season last year. “I almost chucked my phone across the room I was so excited,” Adanek said. “I think they’ll be awesome, hopefully get a national championship, but we’ll see.” Gophers head football coach P.J. Fleck released this statement Wednesday: “We’re Back.” The big question is will fans be able to go into the stadium to watch the games? Fans were split on how they felt about going to a game. “Mask up, everything, precautions like that, absolutely going to the game,” junior Kyle Newkirk said. “I don’t know, I haven’t really thought about that,” another junior student said. “I guess it depends like on how like safe they’re being about everything.” “One-hundred percent, I’ll wear...
    President Donald Trump started his Monday in a tweet storm rage that included a cast of his old foes - special counsel Robert Mueller and his 2016 rival Hillary Clinton.  Staying at his Trump hotel in Las Vegas, the president made no mention of his campaign rallies held over the weekend or the wildfires in California he'll be visiting later in the day, but, instead focused on a report that members of Mueller's investigative team had their phones wiped. Trump encouraged the Justice Department to look into the matter and to expand the probe to Clinton's emails, which were deleted from a private server she used as secretary of state. 'SPEED!' he demanded.  President Trump tweeted in rage against a report that Robert Mueller's team had their phones wiped after investigation President Trump demanded the Justice Department investigate former special counsel Robert Mueller (left) after a report his team had their phones wiped and added the DOJ should also investigate Hillary Clinton's emails The president encouraged Republican Senator Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee to...
    It’s easy to accidentally share something on your phone that you didn’t mean to; for many of us, it’s not a big deal. But in the case of Chris Evans, an accidental share of some NSFW material on his phone turned into a trending topic this weekend. Hide According to Just Jared, Evans initially posted a video to Instagram Stories in which he was in the midst of playing “Heads Up,” a game that works somewhat like charades. At the end of the video, the phone switches over to Evans’ camera roll. On the camera roll, viewers were able to see a photo of a penis as well as a meme with the phrase “guard that pussy” written over a photo of Evans. Hide While Evans quickly deleted the video, the video—or at least news about what was on Evans’ camera roll, as many fans refused to share the video that Evans posted—quickly spread on Twitter. Chrissy Teigen and Evans’ Marvel co-star Mark Ruffalo both offered some solace to Evans. Teigen pointed out how easy it is to accidentally leak...
    President Trump has vented his fury following news that more than 15 phones belonging to the investigative team of then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller were wiped before they were handed over to the Justice Department to be examined for proof of potential bias.  In a string of tweets sent out  Saturday morning, the Commander-in-chief lashed out and threatened that 'a big price must be paid' for the alleged actions and for the Mueller investigation more broadly.  'ALERT: So now we find out that the entire Mueller 'hit squad' illegally wiped their phones clean just prior to the investigation of them, all using the same really dumb reason for this 'accident', just like Crooked Hillary smashing her phones with a hammer, & DELETING HER EMAILS!  President Trump has vented his fury following news that more than 15 phones belonging to the investigative team of then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller were wiped before they were handed over to the Justice Department to be examined for proof of potential bias Mueller and his team were investigated by the Department of Justice for...
    More than 15 phones belonging to the investigative team of then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller were 'wiped' for a variety of reasons, according to recently released documents from the Department of Justice.  Phones were wiped of information because of forgotten passcodes, irreversible screen damage, loss of the device, intentional deletion or other reasons - coming before the Office of Inspector General (OIG) had a chance to review the devices.  The documents were released after a lawsuit from the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, Fox News reports.  Andrew Weissman and FBI lawyer Lisa Page were among those on the team who had their phones wiped before they got to the Office of Inspector General Andrew Weissman, Mueller's deputy, 'accidentally wiped' his phone on two occasions after entering the wrong passcode too many times in March 2018. The records show that Lawyer James Quarles' phone 'wiped itself' without his intervention. A phone belonging to FBI lawyer Lisa Page - who was caught exchanging anti-Trump texts with FBI agent Peter Strzok - was restored to factory settings by the time the inspector general's...
    A woman lost her iPhone when she dropped it from over 5,000 feet while paragliding in the French Alps. The American woman dropped her brand new iPhone 11 into Lake Annecy, Haute-Savoie, on Wednesday. Footage shot on a GoPro by her paragliding instructor shows the woman let the phone slip through her fingers from the extraordinary height.  An American tourist drops her brand new iPhone 11 into Lake Annecy, Haute-Savoie, in the French Alps while paragliding 5,000ft in the air on Wednesday The woman moves the phone around to shoot video of herself before letting the selfie stick slip though her fingers, plunging into the turquoise waters below RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Paragliding for couch potatoes! Daredevil takes to the skies... Tourist who accidentally dropped his phone in a river finds... The BIGGER Apple! US tech firm is now worth more than the... Paraglider dies after hitting 11,000-volt power cables in... Share this article Share She was shooting her own video on the phone while holding it on a...
    Hackers used a phone phishing scam on various Twitter employees to post malicious messages in a July bitcoin scam, Twitter Support said Thursday. “The social engineering that occurred on July 15, 2020, targeted a small number of employees through a phone spear phishing attack,” Twitter Support wrote in a July 30 blog update. “A successful attack required the attackers to obtain access to both our internal network as well as specific employee credentials that granted them access to our internal support tools,” Twitter support wrote. Using compromised employee credentials, the hackers obtained internal employee information and used it to gain access to the site’s account support tools, Twitter support said. Of the 130 accounts compromised, 45 accounts were used to post on Twitter, 36 direct message inboxes were accessed and 7 accounts had their information downloaded. (Related: FBI Opens An Investigation Into Twitter Hack Amid National Security Concerns: Report) To recap: ????130 total accounts targeted by attackers ????45 accounts had Tweets sent by attackers ????36 accounts had the DM inbox accessed ????8 accounts had an archive of “Your Twitter Data”...
    Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she spoke with President Trump over the phone Wednesday over his intention to deploy a "surge" of federal agents to the city, which has been plagued by sharp increases in violent crimes. "The conversation was brief and straightforward," a statement from Lightfoot's office read. "Mayor Lightfoot maintains that all resources will be investigatory in nature and be coordinated through the U.S. Attorney’s office. The Mayor has made clear that if there is any deviation from what has been announced, we will pursue all available legal options to protect Chicagoans." Lightfoot and several other progressive mayors have resisted efforts by the Trump administration to send federal forces to their cities to combat either a rise in crime, the destruction of federal property, or both. In a news briefing to announce the passing of several unrelated measures by the City Council, Lightfoot said Trump "got the message" that federal agents like those deployed to Portland, Ore., don't belong in Chicago. CHICAGO POLICE WARNED ABOUT POSSIBILITY OF SHOOTING: REPORT Video"We don't need federal troops. We don't need unnamed, secret federal agents roaming around...
    (CNN)After Memorial Day, as the United States began to reopen, coronavirus cases began to rise. The number of hospitalizations had risen in at least a dozen states some two weeks after the holiday weekend.For the Fourth of July weekend, a new analysis of cell phone data suggests even more people hit the road among 10 coronavirus hotspots, despite warnings from health experts. Mobility, experts say, is one driver of transmission of the novel coronavirus. Which international destinations are reopening to tourists?The analysis comes from data shared with CNN by Cuebiq, one of the private companies that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention uses to track general movement in the United States. Cuebiq gets its data when people download apps on their phones and opt into anonymous location data tracking. The company's full data set includes 15 million phones nationwide.For the Fourth of July holiday weekend, the data show that the numbers of people traveling were generally higher overall than Memorial Day weekend. The July 4 weekend was generally recognized as Friday, Saturday and Sunday, while Memorial Day weekend...
    THE QUEEN has chatted to US President Donald Trump over the phone ahead of American Independence Day. The two heads of state spoke just over a year since their last meeting, when Mr Trump flew to the UK in early June 2019 for a state visit. 4 Queen Elizabeth II attends a ceremony to mark her official birthday at Windsor CastleCredit: Getty - Pool 4 Queen Elizabeth II and US President, Donald Trump attend the D-day 75 Commemorations in 2019Credit: Getty - Contributor This type of call is made at the request of the Government but it is not known how long the Queen and the president spoke or what was said. A Tweet posted on the official royal family account said: "Today, The Queen spoke to President Trump by telephone from Windsor Castle ahead of Independence Day in the United States on the 4th July." INDEPENDENCE DAY They added: "The telephone call is the latest in a series Her Majesty has held with world leaders in recent months, including President Macron, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and...
    Donald Trump has shared a video of a black man knocking a white Macy's employee to the floor and punching him in the store, and asked: 'Where are the protesters?" The video clip was filmed on June 15 in Flint Township, Michigan. The unnamed black man is seen attacking the employee, who falls to the floor and tries to crawl away. Donald Trump on Monday evening tweeted a viral video of an attack at a Macy's in Michigan The brother of the attacker, FT Quay, a 22-year-old rapper, told the New York Post that the white employee had called him a 'n*****' when he asked about a shirt size.  He said the employee answered them, and returned to his phone call, where he allegedly told someone on the phone it was 'no one, just some n****r.' Quay said that the violent reaction 'was spur of the moment.' 'I just want people to know the real story of really what happened and what’s in the description of me and my brother just walking into Macy’s just minding our own business,' he...
    The 24 Hour Fitness gym chain recently laid off workers over the phone as it grappled with the coronavirus crisis. The California-based company told employees their jobs were being cut on Wednesday morning phone calls, according to the Wall Street Journal. The invitation to the calls promised “important company updates” but they gave no details about severance or benefits, though more information came later in an email, the paper reported. The layoffs came as 24 Hour Fitness works to reopen its more than 400 clubs after the coronavirus pandemic forced them to close. The company would not say how many employees were cut, but those affected included personal trainers, fitness instructors and sales staff, according to the Journal. In a statement, 24 Hour Fitness said it made the cuts as it evaluates “staffing needs and the overall company’s club footprint.” The layoffs were announced in one-on-one and group calls with the affected employees’ supervisors rather than one mass call, according to the company. “These are painful decisions and we do not make them lightly,” 24 Hour Fitness CEO Tony Ueber...