Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Friday, Feb 03, 2023 - 11:35:50
97 results - (0.002 seconds)

physical abuse:

latest news at page 1:
    (CNN)Seventeen former British gymnasts, including three Olympians, have notified British Gymnastics of their intention to take legal action, alleging coaches subjected them to "systemic physical and psychological abuse," according to a statement from their law firm Hausfeld. "This is a landmark moment in our campaign for justice," Claire Heafford, a former elite gymnast and one of the 17 claimants, said in the statement."This is not and has never been about a few bad apples, this is about decades of systemic abuse, encouraged and covered up by those at the top."The hopes and dreams of countless children and young adults of competing as professional gymnasts have been destroyed and their love for the sport is now shrouded in fear and suffering. My heart goes out to everyone who has felt this pain and have not yet spoken out -- we want you to know that we are here, fighting on your side." In a statement sent to CNN, British Gymnastics said: "We took receipt of the Letter Before Action on the afternoon of 25th February. It would not be appropriate or...
    Three Olympians and several other former gymnasts are taking legal action against British Gymnastics, saying Friday they have been the victims of decades of physical and psychological abuse by coaches. The litany of allegations by 17 female claimants includes bullying, controlling behavior and inappropriate use of physical force against athletes as young as 6 years old in a “winning at all costs” mentality. Their notice told British Gymnastics that they are seeking financial compensation and an acknowledgement of negligence. The law firm representing the group of women — now ranging from 15 to 43 years old — expects the number of gymnasts to increase and possibly include men. “This is a landmark moment in our campaign for justice,” claimant Claire Heafford, the campaign director of Gymnasts for Change, said in a statement. “This is not and has never been about a few bad apples, this is about decades of systemic abuse, encouraged and covered up by those at the top.” British athletes have come forward over the past year following allegations of abuse in gymnastics in the United States. Larry...
    Former USA Olympic Women’s Gymnastics Team Coach John Geddert He committed suicide this Thursday after being charged with 24 charges, including sexual assault and human trafficking, related to her work with athletes, Michigan State Attorney General Dana Nessel reported. In a statement, Nessel said that the body of Geddert, 62, was found dead this afternoon after committing suicide. The opening of an investigation against Geddert took place in February 2018, following the case of Larry Nassar, a former sports doctor who sexually abused hundreds of girls and adolescents and that he was sentenced to more than 300 years in prison. Dozens of gymnasts among the victims Michigan State Attorney General Dana Nessel said in a statement that she has brought these charges against Geddert, 62, for allegedly committing “at least one sexual assault and multiple incidents of physical abuse against dozens of his young athletes.” The indictment covers twenty charges for alleged human trafficking, among which there are six related to minors; one for continued criminal activity; two for criminal sexual conduct in the first and second degree; and...
    A former U.S. Olympic Gymnastics coach died by suicide on Thursday, hours after he was charged with sexual assault and the physical abuse of dozens of his young female athletes, Michigan's attorney general said. John Geddert, 63, had been expected to be arraigned Thursday afternoon.  "My office has been notified that the body of John Geddert was found late this afternoon after taking his own life," Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said in a statement. "This is a tragic end to a tragic story for everyone involved." This story is developing. Check back for updates. 
    Fact check: Sign on gendered language is from Australian cafe, not Whole Foods Market US court orders NKorea to pay $2.3 bn over 1968 USS Pueblo seizure Former US Olympics women's gymnastics coach John Geddert has been charged with human trafficking and criminal sexual conduct, prosecutors said Thursday. © - Former US women gymnastics team's coach John Geddert, seen here celebrating a London Olympics gold medal with US team members, has been charged with human trafficking and criminal sexual conduct by prosecutors in Michigan Geddert, who owned a training facility where convicted sex offender Larry Nassar served as the gym doctor, was targeted in a 24-count complaint unveiled by Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel. "These allegations focus around multiple acts of verbal, physical and sexual abuse perpetrated by the defendant against multiple young women," Nessel said in a tweet. "I am grateful for these survivors coming forward to cooperate with our investigation and for bravely sharing their stories." Geddert faces two first-degree sexual assault charges, both involving an unnamed athlete between the ages of 13 and 16 and both...
    A Lexington, Kentucky, man has been sentenced to prison for his role in a sex trafficking scheme that also included drug and firearm trafficking in the area. 41-year-old Prince Bixler was sentenced to 36 years in prison after he was convicted of 15 federal felonies which included sex trafficking by force and coercion and witness tampering, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Thursday. Bixler was found guilty in September of 2020 following a seven-day trial and seven hours of deliberations from the jury, the Lexington Herald Leader reported. Bixler reportedly coerced at least three “young, drug addicted women” into the ring between 2013 and March 2018 by physically assaulting them and creating “a climate of fear,” the DOJ stated. He would also use the women to sell methamphetamines and other drugs in the Lexington area. Lexington Man Sentenced to 36 Years in Prison for Sex Trafficking Multiple Victims: Prince Bixler of Lexington has been sentenced to 36 years in prison and ordered to pay $333,100 in restitution to three sex trafficking victims. https://t.co/JNraYFtazo — FBI Louisville (@FBILouisville) February 25, 2021 “Prince...
    LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has opened an investigation into domestic violence allegations against rock musician Marilyn Manson, ABC News confirms.The department stated its Special Victims Bureau is leading the probe into incidents that occurred between 2009 and 2011 when Manson lived in West Hollywood. Further details were not disclosed.The names of the alleged victim or victims were not disclosed but former partners of Manson have recently spoken publicly to accuse him of sexual and physical abuse.Actress Esmé Bianco came forward with abuse allegations, claiming she was "coerced into involuntary servitude, which included sexual abuse and physical abuse" during her three-year relationship with the rocker.RELATED: 'Game of Thrones' actress Esme Bianco accuses Marilyn Manson of physical, sexual abuseDuring an interview with ABC News, Bianco alleged graphic sexual and physical violence committed by Manson, and said he did not allow her to sleep, eat or leave the apartment without his permission after she moved into his West Hollywood apartment in 2011.Bianco's lawyer, Jay Ellwanger, said in a statement to ABC News that his client was interviewed by...
    Dolly Parton doesnt want a statue of her at the Tennessee Capitol Senator Cruz requested police assistance at Houston airport ahead of flight A prominent U.S. figure skating coach and 1988 Olympic medalist is under investigation for alleged physical abuse of skaters. Peter Oppegard, 61, is being investigated by the U.S. Center for SafeSport, USA Today reported. SafeSport was created by the U.S. Olympic Committee to look into abuse in Olympic sports. Oppegard is accused of biting a skater in 2013 and throwing hot liquids on other trainees several times between 2005 and 2018, according to USA Today. During that time, Oppegard worked at East West Ice Palace in Artesia, Calif. © Jae C. Hong Peter Oppegard talks to reporters during a news conference in Artesia, Calif., on Oct. 5, 2010. Peter Oppegard talks to reporters during a news conference in Artesia, Calif., on Oct. 5, 2010. (Jae C. Hong/) Jessica Pfund, a pairs skater who trained at the rink, told USA Today that Oppegard bit her when she was 15 years old in 2013 while he...
    LOS ANGELES -- Warning: This report contains explicit descriptions of sexual and physical violence.Actress Esmé Bianco is accusing rocker Marilyn Manson of physical and sexual abuse, one of several former partners to come forward with abuse allegations but the first to speak out on-camera.Bianco, the British actress best known for her role as Ros on "Game of Thrones," said she was "coerced into involuntary servitude, which included sexual abuse and physical abuse" during her three-year relationship with Manson.In a statement to ABC News, Bianco's lawyer, Jay Ellwanger, said his client was interviewed by FBI agents in Los Angeles last week, at their request. The FBI would not confirm or deny if there is an active investigation into Manson.Manson's record label, Loma Vista Recordings, dropped him on Feb. 1 after actress Evan Rachel Wood accused her ex-fiancé of sexual and other physical abuse, alleging she was "manipulated into submission" during their relationship. He denied the allegations through his attorney at the time.As a teenager, Bianco idolized the now-52-year-old Manson, who became a household name in the mid-1990s with a series of...
    CHICAGO (CBS) — An Illinois Department of Human Services employee has been arrested and charged with violently abusing a resident at a long-term care facility in Waukegan. Brandy Johnson, 42, of Beach Park, was charged with aggravated battery and abuse of a long-term facility resident following an investigation by the Illinois State Police Division of Internal Investigation. RELATED: Business License Suspended For Hotel In Bloomingdale Following Shooting That Killed 1, Injured 4 State Police said Johnson worked as a medical health technician at the Ann Kiley Developmental Center. The IDHS called State Police there back on Dec. 16 following allegations of the physical abuse of a resident by Johnson, state police said. RELATED: Chicago Weather: Snow Showers Taper Off It was alleged that Johnson grabbed a resident and abused her during an altercation. A physical exam revealed a bruise on the victim’s body, state police said. MORE: COVID-19 In Indiana: State Tops 12,000 Coronavirus Deaths Following 3 Deadliest Months Of Pandemic Johnson was taken into custody and was at the Lake County Jail on Wednesday awaiting a bond hearing.
    California State Senator Susan Rubio (pictured) has requested an FBI investigation into the allegations against Marilyn Manson, Evan Rachel Wood has revealed [File photo] California State Senator Susan Rubio has requested an FBI investigation into the allegations against Marilyn Manson, Evan Rachel Wood has revealed. Wood posted a letter from Rubio to the Acting Attorney General of the United States and the director of the FBI on Instagram on Tuesday, a day after the actress accused Manson of years of abuse.  Several other women also came forward with accounts of abuse by Manson, 52, who has denied the accusations as 'horrible distortions of reality'. 'The alleged victims have named Marilyn Manson, also known as Brian Hugh Warner, as the perpetrator.  'I ask that the U.S. Department of Justice meet with the alleged victims immediately and investigate these accusations,' Senator Rubio wrote in the letter. 'As a domestic violence survivor who now advocates for victims in my role of California state legislator, I share a common trauma of emotional, psychological, and physical control at the hands of an abuser.' Rubio...
    Photo by Scott Wintrow/Getty Images. Actress Evan Rachel Wood has talked about the horrific sexual, physical, and emotional abuse she suffered in a relationship years ago, and finally named her alleged abuser in an Instagram post Monday morning: shock rocker Marilyn Manson, whose legal name is Brian Warner. Wood’s post was simple black text on a white background: The name of my abuser is Brian Warner, also known to the world as Marilyn Manson. He started grooming me when I was a teenager and horrifically abused me for years. I was brainwashed and manipulated into submission. I am done living in fear of retaliation, slander, or blackmail. I am here to expose this dangerous man and call out the many industries that have enabled him, before he ruins any more lives. I stand with the many victims who will no longer be silent.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Evan Rachel Wood (@evanrachelwood) Wood met Manson when she was 18 and he was 36, and they were engaged in 2010 but broke up later...
    A former Morris County student is taking legal action against two districts for allegedly failing to address the years of homophobic bullying he endured, causing him to have an “emotional breakdown,” a report says. Andrew Arcangelo states in a lawsuit filed last week that the West Morris and Chester school districts neglected to take action when he made numerous reports of being punched, kicked, groped and verbally abused, NJHerald reports. The abuse began in 2011, when Arcangelo was a fifth-grader at Bragg Elementary School — and continued at Black River Middle and West Morris Central High Schools until he left during his freshman year on recommendations from his therapist, the report says. Arcangelo was told to "move out of town or kill himself,” called homophobic slurs and endured being groped in the buttocks and genitals in the bullying instances and physical assaults, which occurred almost daily, the suit alleges. When reported to the schools’ principals, Arcangelo says his pleads were met with apathy — one teacher even told him, “boys will be boys,” says the suit, which names both districts...
    7 Best Wearable Cameras That Let You Film From a Whole New Perspective Updated Super Bowl LV odds and the favored final outcome Christina Ricci Obtains Restraining Order Against Estranged Husband, Alleging Physical and Emotional Abuse © Provided by People Getty Images (2) Christina Ricci has filed a request for a domestic violence restraining order against her estranged husband James Heerdegen six months after she filed for divorce. A judge granted Ricci's request and under the restraining order, Heerdegen must stay 100 yards away from Ricci, and he will also have no visitation rights with their 6-year-old son Freddie and must stay away from the family's dog, PEOPLE confirms.  © Getty Images (2) Ricci filed for divorce from James Heerdegen in July The 40-year-old actress alleges she was physically abused by Heerdegen, in the request on Tuesday by Ricci's attorney Samantha Spector and obtained by PEOPLE. A rep for Ricci and an attorney for Heerdegen did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.  Heerdegen's attorney told TMZ that his client "unequivocally denies all allegations of abuse made by...
    Men, Here’s What Women Wish You Would Do To Boost Your Attractiveness Level Josh McDaniels reportedly wont be Texans new head coach Shia LaBeouf and Margaret Qualley reportedly split after the actress received backlash for dating him amid physical abuse allegations © Provided by INSIDER Shia LaBeouf and Margaret Qualley reportedly began dating in fall 2020. Mike Marsland/WireImage and Stephane Cardinale/Corbis via Getty Images Shia LaBeouf and Margaret Qualley reportedly broke up last Saturday, according to People.  Sources told the publication that the break up came after Qualley was made aware of backlash over her decision to remain with LaBeouf following singer FKA Twigs' lawsuit.  In the December lawsuit, the singer said there was a disturbing pattern of physical and emotional abuse over the course of her relationship with "The Peanut Butter Falcon" star.  The abuse reportedly included LaBeouf throwing her against a car, choking her, and inflicting bruises on her. After the lawsuit, LaBeouf told the New York Times in an email that "many of these allegations are not true," concerning FKA Twigs and other girlfriends who detailed...
    Shia LaBeouf’s attorney Shawn Holley claimed the “Honey Boy” actor is seeking “long-term inpatient treatment” after being accused of abuse by musician FKA Twigs. LaBeouf’s attorney also claimed the actor had attempted to settle the matter with FKA Twigs at the time the allegations first came up during an interview published Thursday by Variety. “Shia needs help and he knows that,” says LaBeouf’s attorney. “We are actively seeking the kind of meaningful, intensive, long-term inpatient treatment that he desperately needs.” https://t.co/GOZGXlR8ru — Variety (@Variety) December 24, 2020 “When these allegations first came up a year ago, Shia immediately accepted responsibility for the many things he had done wrong and expressed his willingness to do what Twigs wanted him to do, almost all of which were perfectly reasonable,” Holley told the outlet. “To that end, he paid for, scheduled, rescheduled (when she changed the date), and traveled from another country to attend the mediation set up by the lawyers for both sides. When Twigs’ lawyer cancelled the mediation, Shia’s lawyer tried to get it rescheduled. Shia’s position has never changed...
    Facebook A disturbing clip of Brandi Boyd and Marcus “Max Lux” Boyd, who you’ve seen on Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood, went viral after Brandi Boyd went on Instagram Live during a hostile argument between the two of them. Since the clip of their domestic dispute circulated around the internet, Marcus Boyd came forward and addressed what happened. In a video on his Instagram account, he admitted that he and his wife are verbally abusive towards each other. “Verbal abuse has been on both sides of my relationship and it is wrong,” he said. “But I do not beat my wife. I do not beat my children. My children are all healthy and happy and spoiled because I don’t even discipline my children.” There were concerns that there was physical abuse in their marriage because in the clip Brandi Boyd can be heard saying: “Last time y’all see him beat on me. You won’t have to see this ever again. I promise you that. Never again will you see your mom get beat on.” Brandi B husband Max...
    Musician FKA Twigs filed a lawsuit Friday against Shia LaBeouf, accusing the actor of repeated physical and sexual assault her during an abusive, yearlong relationship. In the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, the 32-year-old British singer-songwriter, whose real name is Tahliah Barnett, described her time with LaBeouf as a “relentless abusive relationship.” She is seeking damages for sexual battery, assault and infliction of emotional distress. The court filing recounts how Barnett began dating LaBeouf after the pair worked together on the movie “Honey Boy” and moved into together in October 2018. What followed, she alleged in the lawsuit, were frequent episodes of verbal and emotional abuse that escalated into physical assaults by the Transformers franchise actor as he “became increasingly violent.” During a trip to a spa outside Los Angeles around Valentine’s Day in 2019, the singer said she awoke to find the actor violently squeezing her. He then began strangling her with his hands, whispering, “if you don’t stop you are going to lose me,” according to the suit. The lawsuit does not elaborate...
    Wichita State men's basketball coach Gregg Marshall has resigned and agreed to a $7.7 million settlement following the school's internal investigation into allegations of verbal and physical abuse, including claims he punched a player and choked an assistant. The settlement will be paid out over six years, the Kansas university announced Tuesday. Wichita State has not revealed the findings of its internal investigation.  Assistant coach Isaac Brown was promoted to interim head coach as the Shockers approach their season opener on November 25. In October, the school announced that it had hired a St. Louis law firm to conduct an internal probe into Marshall's behavior following reports of abuse from Stadium and The Athletic. 'Our student-athletes are our primary concern,' Wichita State athletic director Darron Boatright said. 'While the university acknowledges the success of the basketball program under Coach Marshall, this decision is in the best interest of the university, its student athletes and the WSU community.'  Wichita State men's basketball coach Gregg Marshall is denying allegations that he punched a player and choked an assistant during the 2015-16...
    YouTube star Jeffree Star is facing allegations of physical violence and sexual abuse, including an accusation that he forcibly performed oral sex on a homeless teen without his consent.   In a lengthy report by Insider, people who knew the 34-year-old beauty mogul at the height of his MySpace fame in the late 2000s claimed he 'groped men around him without consent' and used a stun gun to intimidate people.  Star, who now has 17 million followers on YouTube as well as his own makeup brand, has a history of controversial behavior, but his attorney denied the allegations in the article.  Serious allegations: YouTuber Jeffree start has been accused of physical violence and sexual abuse in bombshell report by Insider  Back in the day: The outlet spoke with people who knew Star at height of his MySpace fame in the late 2000s. He is pictured performing at the Vans Warped Tour in 2009  In one instance, five people alleged to Insider that Star tased a homeless teen, then-17-year-old Gage Arthur, after he rejected his advances in a movie theater in...
    Rick Roeber. Rick Roeber, a Republican candidate for the 34th District Missouri House of Representatives, is dealing with allegations from decades ago that he physically abused three of his four children. The allegations were uncovered and reported on by The Kansas City Star on Tuesday, and they are distressing. Roeber is running to replace his wife, who died suddenly while still holding the seat in 2019.  According to the Star, two of Roeber’s now-adult children went on record with the paper. Anastasia Roeber alleges that Roeber sexually molested her when she was 9 years old in 1990. Her brother Samson says that while he was not molested by Roeber, Roeber had “always been physically abusive” when they were growing up. A third sibling told the paper that she was aware of the alleged abuse at the time, and a fourth unnamed sibling also claimed “sexual maltreatment” from Roeber. That last allegation was reportedly investigated by the state of Missouri in 2001. Roeber denies the allegations and wrote a letter to The Kansas City Star saying: “Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) is a very real mental illness in today’s world,” he...
    AUSSIE surfer Ellie-Jean Coffey has opened up on the 'terrifying' abuse she was made to endure while breaking into the industry as a young woman. The 25-year-old reveals that her experiences in the 'misogynistic' world of pro surfing played a part in her decision to empower herself by starting an x-rated website. 6Ellie-Jean Coffey was a fixture of the World Surf League's qualifying series 6Coffey has opened up about how her dream job turned nasty 6The Aussie still enjoys nothing more than spending time on the beach Ellie-Jean began competing at the age of just ten, and was ranked 12th in the World Surf League's qualifying series as recently as three years ago. But the sport that she loves showed its sinister side, and prompted Ellie-Jean's decision to move on to other ventures. She told news.au: "At first I thought and believed I was the luckiest girl in the world to be living such a life, and not long after that, the darker side of the surfing industry soon revealed itself to me, and it was terrifying. "The abuse, both...
    Illustrative image of an abused minor. Photo: Archive / Shutterstock The 7-year-old Mexican girl who asked the doctors not to cure her and let her die due to physical abuse and sexual abuse who suffered at home, will undergo a new surgery. This Wednesday, the Secretary of Health of the state of Puebla, José Antonio Martínez, reported that the operation will be to restore intestinal transit. Due to the brutal attacks received, the victim has the intestine on the outside. The condition of the minor, who remains in intensive care, “continues to be serious”, according to Martinez. The girl, identified only as Yaz, was admitted to the hospital on August 21 for internal bleeding due to an alleged perforation in the intestines. The patient also had a lung affected as a result of the blows. Traces of cigarette burns on the hands, arms and stomach, as well as injuries to the face and head were also detected. Due to the facts, their parents -identified as Rafael N. and Alejandra Viridiana N. have...
    MTV A former Teen Mom star threatened to go to the authorities over child sex abuse allegations. A former Teen Mom star threatened to go to the authorities over child sex abuse allegations first highlighted by The Grace Report, a blogger who often covers the popular MTV series. Jenelle Evans, who was fired from the series in May 2019 after her husband David Eason shot and killed their dog, has been producing and starring in her own YouTube show about her Child Protective Service investigation last year, which led for her 3-year-old daughter Ensley and 6-year-old son Kaiser to be temporarily removed from her care. Evans blasted The Grace Report on September 9 for highlighting what was in the document and was particularly irate that she mentioned child sex abuse allegations. “She is trying to basically say… that my daughter has been sexually abused by someone in our household,” the former Teen Mom star said on her Instagram Story. “That has never ever come into the news. That has never been an allegation against my husband during the...
    JENELLE Evans has denied accusations her daughter Ensley was physically or sexually abused after court documents from Child Protection Services alleged "physical injury or sexual abuse." The former Teen Mom star has started a new YouTube series called I Have Something To Say in which she aims to clear her name following the two months in 2019 that CPS removed her children from her care. 13 The reality star claims her daughter was never 'abused'Credit: Instagram 13 Two boxes were ticked off, the first of which read: 'The juvenile has suffered physical injury or sexual abuse.'Credit: YouTube 13 CPS docs included Ensley's nameCredit: Instagram The second episode saw Jenelle post documents from the Court in Columbus County, North Carolina, for Ensley, who was two at the time. Two boxes were ticked off, the first of which read: "The juvenile has suffered physical injury or sexual abuse." 13 Jenelle shares Ensley with husband David EasonCredit: Youtube/Jenelle Eason The second read: "The juvenile is exposed to a substantial risk or physical injury or sexual abuse because the parent, guardian, custodian or caretaker...
    A 19-year-old Democratic candidate released a statement on Sunday regarding allegations of physical abuse made by his ex-girlfriend. Aaron Coleman, who is running for a seat in the Kansas state House of Representatives, unbelievably hinted that the alleged physical abuse that he is is accused of committed could have been prevented if "Medicaid for all" was passed. Coleman won his primary last month despite confessing that he engaged in "bullying, revenge porn, and blackmail." Coleman defeated 13-year incumbent Stan Frownfelter in the Aug. 4 Democratic primary for the 37th District. There is no Republican challenger. Kristina Smith, a paralegal and treasurer of the Wyandotte County Republican Party, is pursuing a write-in candidacy, and provides the only opposition to Coleman winning the Kansas state House seat in November. Last month, one of Coleman's ex-girlfriends came forward with accusations that he physically abused her. Taylor Passow said she met Coleman last November, and the two started dating. She said they rented an Airbnb in Kansas City on Dec. 27, 2019. While in the hot tub, Coleman...
    Paris Hilton said she was abused at a correctional institution. Axelle/Bauer-Griffin / Getty Images In an interview with The Times, Paris Hilton said she suffered abuse as a teenager. Hilton said she was  the victim of physical and mental abuse when she attended the Provo Canyon School at 16 years old, which is a correctional institute based in Utah. Hilton said it was a "terrifying" place to live because the staff were "sadistic" and "wanted to torture and hurt children." She said she was beaten, forced to take pills, called a "spoiled brat," and once strangled. The school has since changed ownership, but has been sued by other survivors who spoke of abuse during their time there. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Paris Hilton has spoken about her experience at a correctional institution when she was 16 years old, and said she was physically and mentally abused during her time there. In an interview with The Times, Hilton said she was sent to the Provo Canyon School in Utah as a teenager. She said she was...
    KELLYANE Conway's daughter has accused her mom of 'physical abuse' and 'putting on a show' after the adviser sensationally quit her job "to spend time with family". The decision by Donald Trump's adviser to leave the White House comes days after her daughter Claudia, 15, said she was trying to emancipate from her parents because "of years of childhood trauma and abuse". 9Claudia accused her parents of 'physical abuse' in a now-deleted videoCredit: Twitter 9The teenager also said her parents are putting on a show by quitting their jobs Credit: Twitter 9Claudia posted a video to TikTok showing her reaction to her mom's decision to leave the White HouseCredit: TikTok 9Claudia is one Kellyanne and George Conway's four childrenCredit: Instagram Kellyane wrote to Twitter on Sunday night: "I'm Leaving the White House. Gratefully & Humbly." "This is completely my choice and my voice. In time, I will announce future plans," the longtime Republican pollster and political consultant said in her official statement. "For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama." George Conway, will also be making a similar...
    Paris Hilton has revealed the devastating impact of physical and mental abuse she suffered at a boarding school during her teen years. The heiress is baring all of her personal life, as she strips away the facade of fame in her upcoming documentary This Is Paris.  She opens up in the YouTube Originals documentary for the first time ever about the abuse she faced as a teenager at Provo Canyon School, a boarding school she attended in Utah. Baring all: Paris Hilton opens up in her upcoming documentary This Is Paris for the first time ever about the abuse she faced as a teenager at Provo Canyon School, a boarding school she attended in Utah The 39-year-old told People: 'I buried my truth for so long. But I’m proud of the strong woman I’ve become. People might assume everything in my life came easy to me, but I want to show the world who I truly am.' She ended up at a series of boarding schools, following a rebellious phase, while living at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City...
    Paris Hilton’s “Simple Life” was actually anything but. The 39-year-old reality star has opened up about her troubled youth in upcoming documentary “This Is Paris,” where the heiress reveals that she was mentally, emotionally and physically abused while attending a boarding school in Utah. “I buried my truth for so long,” Hilton told People. “But I’m proud of the strong woman I’ve become. People might assume everything in my life came easy to me, but I want to show the world who I truly am.” Before garnering fame on the 2003 series “The Simple Life,” Hilton was a rebellious teen living in New York’s Waldorf Astoria Hotel with her parents, Rick and Kathy Hilton, and younger siblings Nicky, 36, Barron, 30, and Conrad, 26. “It was so easy to sneak out and go to clubs and parties,” recalled Hilton. “My parents were so strict that it made me want to rebel. They’d [punish me] by taking away my cellphone, taking away my credit card, but it didn’t work. I would still go out on my own.” Sick of Hilton’s disobedience,...
    Andrew Aitchison / Getty Images The proportion of physical abuse compared to verbal or emotional abuse was 80% higher in 2020 than in the past three years combined, a new study found.  The study also found that while fewer people came forward with domestic abuse reports their injuries were more severe.  In the past three years combined the Boston hospital where the study was conducted saw 16 deep injuries from intimate partner violence, in 2020, they saw 28.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The proportion of physical abuse compared to verbal or emotional abuse was 80% higher in 2020 than in the past three years combined, a new study published in the journal Radiology said.  The study also found that injuries were far more severe. The Los Angeles Times reported that as lockdown restrictions were lifted in Massachusetts, doctors at a large Boston hospital noticed that there were almost twice as many cases of domestic violence that lead to physical injury than in prior years.  However, the researchers at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston noted...
    A North Bergen mom failed to protect her 5-year-old son from a Hoboken man's abuse, leaving the boy with bruises all over his body including his genitals, authorities said Friday. Earlier this week, Ivan Sanchez, a 30-year-old Hoboken Housing Authority janitor, was charged with beating Heather Cruz's son, Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit detectives, Prosecutor Esther Suarez said. The boy was found with bruises on his face, ear, buttocks, lower back and genitals, the prosecutor said. An investigation found Cruz, 28, let it happen, Suarez said. It was not clear how Cruz and Sanchez knew each other. Cruz was arrested near 29th Street by  Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit detectives around 12:45 p.m. Friday, Suarez said.
    Drake Bell has denied ever abusing his now-ex-girlfriend Melissa Lingafelt. After Lingafelt claimed in a TikTok video posted Wednesday that Bell verbally and physically abused her, he told People that he “never abused my ex-girlfriend or did so many of the other things Melissa falsely claimed on her TikTok video.” In her TikTok video, Lingafelt — who started dating Bell when she was 16 years old — alleged the verbal abuse began about a year into their relationship. “I moved in with him, I was singing. It wasn’t until about a year when the verbal abuse started,” Lingafelt, now 30, said of the “Drake & Josh” star, now 34. “And when I say verbal abuse, imagine the worst type of verbal abuse you could ever imagine, and that was what I got.” The verbal abuse, she claimed, transitioned to physical abuse. “It then turned to physical — hitting, throwing, everything,” Lingafelt, who dated Bell from 2006 to 2009, continued. “At the pinnacle of it, he drug [sic] me down the stairs of our house on Los Feliz. “My face...
    ACTOR Drake Bell has been accused of 'verbal and physical' abuse by ex-girlfriend Melissa Lingafelt in a series of TikTok videos. The former Nickelodeon star has denied the 30-year-old singer's claims in a statement to People and said he is "reviewing his legal options." 6Drake Bell has been accused of 'verbal and physical' abuse by ex-girlfriend Melissa LingafeltCredit: Getty Images - Getty Lingafelt, who uses the username Jimi Ono, claimed that Drake had been verbally and physically towards her when they lived together more than a decade ago when she was 16-years-old and he, 20. Sharing the video with her 72,000 followers yesterday, she began: "It wasn’t until about a year when the verbal abuse started. "And when I say verbal abuse, imagine the worst type of verbal abuse you could ever imagine, and that was what I got. "It then turned into physical – hitting, throwing, everything. At the pinnacle of it, he [dragged] me down the stairs of our house... My face hit every step on the way down. I have photos of this." 6Melissa made the claims on her TikTok...
    Iowa teachers write and send their own obituaries to governor ahead of fall reopenings CCTV Script 29/07/20 China academy abuse claims disturbing, says NBA Claims of physical abuse at NBA basketball academies in China are "disturbing", a senior official said, while adding that none of the coaches provided by the league were accused of wrongdoing. © Garrett Ellwood Deputy commissioner Mark Tatum said the NBA was reassessing its programme in China Deputy commissioner Mark Tatum said the NBA was reassessing its programme in China and that the league's role was limited to providing just three coaches at each Chinese-run academy. An ESPN report released this week detailed physical abuse and a lack of schooling at the academies in Shandong, Zhejiang and Xinjiang -- the western region where China is accused of holding one million people in internment camps. NBA cut its ties with the Xinjiang academy last year. "The allegations in the ESPN article are disturbing," Tatum said, in a statement sent to AFP.  "We ended our involvement with the basketball academy in Xinjiang in June 2019 and have...
    (CNN)Australia's gymnastics federation has promised to take action after multiple former gymnasts allege they were subject to emotional and physical abuse during their careers.Ex-athletes took to social media this month to share their own experiences of the "toxic" culture which included body shaming, verbal abuse, and being forced to train through pain by coaches and staff. Gymnastics Australia has called on more athletes to come forward and said it's ready to support those who do, setting up "listening groups" to improve its procedures, as well as a confidential complaints procedure. "We acknowledge and applaud those who have spoken up -- their courage and their voice," read a statement from Gymnastics Australia CEO Kitty Chiller. "We see the passion that people have for the great things about our sport and we are grateful to all of you who want to help us make our sport as safe and supportive as it can be in the future. Read More"We are here to help you and to support you and we genuinely want to hear about your experiences and your suggestions."Violence and abuse...
    Cameron Diaz Says Motherhood Has Been Heaven With Daughter Raddix DIY renovation projects offer the best return to homeowners — but there’s a catch World championship skater opens up about China abuse A world championship figure skater has opened up about physical and mental abuse she allegedly suffered while training in China, which included being kicked, hit and called insulting names. © John MACDOUGALL Yu was born and trained in China but competed internationally for Singapore Jessica Shuran Yu, who was born and trained in China but competed internationally for Singapore, is the latest athlete to make abuse allegations in recent weeks. Yu detailed the alleged mistreatment in an Instagram post, saying that her coach hurled insults at skaters such as "lazy", "fat", "stupid" and "useless". "I was eleven years old when the physical abuse started," wrote Yu, who competed in the 2017 world championships, describing how her coach would hit her using a plastic blade cover.  "When he got angry with me, which seemed to happen whenever I made the smallest mistake, he would ask me to reach out...
    Amber Heard for the first time, stepped into the witness box in the ongoing libel case with ex-husband Johnny Depp on Monday. Until now, several revelations have been made in this case and some shocking details have emerged including the statements of Heard’s former assistant and also witness statements of Johnny’s ex-partners, Winona Ryder and Vanessa Paradis. Taking to the stand on Monday, July 20, Heard once again spoke about the alleged physical and verbal abuse she had to endure at the hands of former husband Depp. Not just this, the Aquaman actress also stated that the Depp ‘threatened’ to kill her several times in the later stage of their relationship. Johnny Depp Tells Court Amber Heard Punched Him On the Night He’d Learned He Had Lost $650 Million in Movie Earnings. Heard speaking to the court, said that Depp’s denials of abuse towards her were lies. In her testimony, she revealed details of the kind of abuse she had to suffer and said,” He was both physically and verbally abusive. The physical abuse and the worst of the verbal...
    New York — Choi Suk-hyeon had already reported the assaults, but never got a response. The news that shocked the sport this Thursday came from South Korea, since the triathlete Choi Suk-hyeon, The 22-year-old ended her life after suffering physical and verbal abuse from the team that trained her. Apparently the triathlete could not cope any more with this situation and added to the unanswered complaints and claims by the sports authorities of the South Korean Olympic Committee he decided to kill himself. Choi Suk-hyeon: South Korean triathlete kills herself ‘after abuse’ https://t.co/DcTct3xUXb – BBC Asia (@BBCNewsAsia) July 2, 2020 The information was released today, but the death occurred last week in his team’s bedroom, in the city of Busan, from the aforementioned country. Although the conditions in which he found the body or the method with which he ended his life have not been detailed, it emerged that one day before his death, The young athlete, who was a junior bronze medalist at the Asian Triathlon Championships in Taipei in 2015, He directed a message on social...
    Breaking News — Guatemala, Jun 22 . .- The Guatemalan swimmer Valerie Gruest Slowing announced her retirement from the sport at just 21 years old in a message in which she claims to have endured “psychological, physical and sexual abuse while growing up.” “My authentic reality throughout my life has been completely different from what everyone has seen, as I endured psychological, physical and sexual abuse while growing up,” he wrote in a letter that he took to his social media accounts Gruest Slowing, who disputed the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. “Until three years ago I was able to part with my abuser to stop this cycle and process these events,” the now-former swimmer, a recent graduate of Northwestern University in Illinois, said without citing names. Her mother, Karin Slowing, and her aunt Melanie were also experienced Olympic swimmers, in Los Angeles’84 and Athens 2004, respectively. Her mother trained her from the age of four. Specialist in the 400 and 800 meters freestyle events, Gruest Slowing was the youngest athlete of the Guatemalan delegation at the...