Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Friday, Feb 03, 2023 - 10:34:39
81 results - (0.003 seconds)

was followed:

latest news at page 1:
    Retired Army General Stanley McChrystal has compared the MAGA riot to the evolution of Al-Qaeda saying in both instances people followed a 'powerful leader' who 'justified their violence', as he warned America is headed for a homegrown insurgency. McChrystal, the former commander of American troops in Afghanistan, said there are terrifying parallels between the birth of the terrorist group responsible for the September 11 terrorist attacks and the violent siege on the US Capitol last week that left five dead and sent shockwaves around the world.  Donald Trump has given his supporters 'legitimacy to become even more radical', he told Yahoo News, with his Stop the Steal rhetoric now a radical rallying cry similar to the Lost Cause adopted by the Southerners in the American Civil War. McChrystal, who was fired by President Barack Obama after he made disparaging remarks about him and then-Vice President Joe Biden, warned that now 'the fabric of something very dangerous has been woven', the consequences will continue long after Trump leaves office.  His comments come as the nation is still reeling from the January...
    Los Angeles officials approved a $700,000 payout to a veteran police lieutenant in September after city attorneys determined his supervisors — including Assistant Chief Horace Frank, one of the LAPD’s highest-ranking commanders — wrongly demoted him after he reported alleged misconduct in his unit, records show. In a confidential legal analysis reviewed by The Times, Deputy City Atty. Marianne Fratianne advised the city to settle the lawsuit brought by Lt. Raymond Garvin — former head of the department’s Bomb Detection Canine Section — because the facts of the case “simply do not bode well for the City.” Among other issues, internal communications showed that Frank and Garvin’s direct supervisor, Capt. Kathryn Meek, had “commiserated about how there was an insufficient factual basis” to remove Garvin from his position, then built “an ad hoc paper trail of poor performance” to remove him anyway, Fratianne wrote. In addition to raising questions about the leadership of Frank, who oversees all special operations and detective bureaus, Fratianne’s analysis described a canine unit once again engulfed in allegations of mismanagement and wrongdoing — years after...
    RAPPER Mo3 knew he was being followed and tried to flee his killer before he was gunned down on a Texas highway, according to reports. It comes after a 22-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday and is reportedly facing murder charges in connection with the musician's death. 8Rapper Mo3 was shot in Dallas, Texas, on WednesdayCredit: Instagram 8Mo3 was gunned down on a freewayCredit: Instagram 8Panicked scenes from the alleged drive-by show one man receiving CPR as onlookers flock to the site 8Images released by police show the suspected gunmanCredit: The Mega Agency Mo3, real name Melvin Noble, was driving on Interstate 35E close to Dallas Zoo on November 11 when a car pulled up alongside him and someone inside opened fire. Noble lost control of his car and crashed into a concrete barrier before exiting the vehicle and fleeing on foot. The gunman reportedly followed Noble and shot him in the back of the head before making a getaway. Another motorist was hit by a stray bullet and taken to hospital but is said to...
    PRINCESS Diana thought she was being followed by the Secret Service after her split with Prince Charles, a new documentary has revealed. Diana’s former butler, Paul Burrell, and her biographer, Andrew Morton, discussed Diana's fears with ITV ahead of the 25th anniversary of her bombshell Panorama interview. 5Princess Diana pictured during her bombshell interview with BBC's Panorama 25 years ago 5Andrew Morton said Diana was 'very concerned' about the Secret ServiceCredit: ITV 5Paul Burrell, a longtime royal servant who became Princess Diana's personal assistant and confidante, said the princess wasn't paranoid but was concernedCredit: ITV The 1995 interview saw Princess Di tell BBC journalist Martin Bashir “there were three people in this marriage, so it was rather crowded” as she spoke of Prince Charles’ infidelity. The Diana Interview: Revenge of a Princess, explores how Diana grew increasingly concerned for herself and those around her following her marriage split. Mr Morton said: “Diana certainly was very concerned about the Secret Services, about MI5, about MI6. "There were bizarre things going on inside the households of the Prince and Princess of Wales. Her...
    By Antony Paone CONFLANS-SAINTE-HONORINE, France (Reuters) - The middle school teacher knifed to death on the street of a Paris suburb on Friday showed his teenage students a cartoon lampooning the Prophet Mohammad as part of a class on freedom of expression earlier this month, parents said. Nordine Chaouadi told Reuters he was the father of a 13-year-old pupil who attended the civics class given by the teacher, whom parents gathered outside the college referred to as Mr. Paty. French media have identified him as Samuel Paty. The teacher had asked pupils who were Muslim to raise their hands and invited them to leave, advising them he would be showing a caricature of Mohammad that might cause offence, said Chaouadi. For Muslims, any depiction of the Prophet is blasphemous. Chaouadi said his son, a Muslim, interpreted the teacher's actions as done out of kindness and respect for their faith. "He did it to protect the children, not to shock them," said Chaouadi. Some parents took offence, however. Two or three days later, they held a meeting at the school with...
    BDT Stage has been around since 1977— pretty much the heyday of the dinner theater movement in the United States. In March, the company opened its production of Ragtime; the day after opening night, BDT was forced to shut it down again over COVID-19. This was heartbreaking, says artistic director Michael J. Duran: “It had been very difficult bringing a cast together, and when we did, they were incredible. We had a beautiful, poignant show. I was so proud of it and the entire team. We all hoped that we would be able to get back up after a short time. We had no idea that we would still be doing this seven months later. “This has all been extremely difficult to navigate. How do we stay creative, keep our people working and keep everyone safe — employees and the public? We're faced with tough restrictions by the state and the City of Boulder. We are allowed 50 percent capacity or fifty people, whichever is less. So that limits us to 50 people. Singers have to be 25 feet from...
    Attorneys for the cops suspended over the death of Daniel Prude say the officers acted 'flawlessly' during their arrest of the unarmed black man.  Prude suffocated after he was arrested by cops during a psychotic episode in Rochester, New York on March 23.  Bodycam video - which showed a naked Prude being put into a spit hood and pinned to the ground - sparked outrage when it was released to the public last month and resulted in the suspension of seven officers who were at the scene.  But on Thursday, during a press conference held at the Rochester Police Union, lawyers said the officers were simply following protocol.   'There's no question it's a tragic situation for Mr. Prude's family, and there may need to be conversations about training and mental health intervention, but these officers did exactly what they were trained to do and they did it flawlessly,' a lawyer for officer Mark Vaughn stated.  Vaughn has been suspended with pay alongside six other policemen - Troy Taladay, Paul Ricotta, Francisco Santiago, Andrew Specksgoor, Josiah Harris, and Sergeant Michael Magri. ...
    Mumbai, September 9: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ameet Bhaskar Satam came out in support of Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut and slammed Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) for carrying out demolition work at her office in Bandra on Wednesday. “In general cases, a standard operating procedure is followed such as sending notices before the civic body officials carry out the demolition. I request the BMC to also carry out demolition of other illegal construction near Kangana Ranaut’s office with the same speed as it has shown in this case,” he said in a video. Also Read | NEET 2020 Dress Code by NTA: What Can You Wear And Which Attire is Not Allowed to the Medical Entrance Exam on September 13?. Kangana Ranaut’s Office Demolished in Bandra Mumbai: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) officials carry out demolition at Kangana Ranaut’s office. pic.twitter.com/aepwSeFePb — ANI (@ANI) September 9, 2020 Ranaut, who was on her way to Mumbai, had also tweeted about the demolition, comparing Mumbai to Pakistan. “I am never wrong and my enemies prove again and...
    A Florida man who is in custody for shooting a 19-year-old victim multiple times in the back Sunday morning was outside the bounds of the state’s controversial “Stand Your Ground” gun law, authorities said. The shooting unfolded around 6 a.m. in an apartment complex at 5100 Kersey Street in Davenport, about 35 miles southwest of Orlando. Bryan Medeiros is charged with manslaughter and carrying a concealed firearm. (Polk County Sheriff's Office) The victim, 19-year-old Devyne Pritchett, had been with some friends at a nearby hotel, Fox 13 reported. The friends later told authorities that Pritchett had taken some drugs and left, ending up at the Four Corners apartment complex. A man walking his dog told police he saw Pritchett holding his fingers in the shape of a gun and saying: “Pow, pow, pow.” The man said Pritchett grabbed him by the shoulder, causing him to shove Pritchett and proceed to his third-floor apartment. The man said Pritchett followed him to the third floor but laid down on the ground and began acting strangely. That’s when 25-year-old Bryan Medeiros,...
    Police officers involved in the suffocation of Daniel Prude - who died in March after a bag was placed over his head - were following their training, their union chief has said, as it emerged that Prude's brother Joe said he was hallucinating and suicidal before he died. Prude, 41, from Chicago, was naked running through the streets of Rochester, New York - where his brother lives - in the early hours of March 23 when he was arrested.  He had taken the drug phencyclidine, known as PCP or angel dust, and was ranting at the officers, telling them he had coronavirus, saying they should just put him on a plane, and asking for their guns. Daniel Prude, 41, from Chicago, died in Rochester following a March 23 arrest by police Prude was naked and in handcuffs when the 'spit hood' was put over his head Paramedics arrived as Prude was wrestled to the floor, still wearing the 'spit hood' He was handcuffed and sitting on the road when one officer approach him from behind and put a...
    A STRANGER approached Nora Quoirin in Kuala Lumpur airport the day before she vanished from a resort in Malaysia, an inquest heard. The British teen, 15, who had mental and physical disabilities, was found dead wearing no clothes in the rainforest ten days after disappearing last year. 6Nora, 15, was found dead in the Malaysian jungle ten days after she went missing last August Credit: AFP 6Meabh and Sebastian Quoirin said their children were approached by a stranger at the airport before Nora went missingCredit: AFP An inquest into her death in Malaysia heard how her father Sebastien briefly left the teenager and her two younger siblings alone at the airport while he greeted their mum Meabh at the arrival gate. Meabh had flown in from Singapore after a business trip while the rest of the family travelled from their home in London, arriving on August 3. After walking back from gate, the parents noticed their children had been approached by a man, reports Belfast Live. However, the kids ignored him as they had been taught "not to speak to...
    JENNIFER Aniston was the first star to sign up for a live reading of iconic 80s movie Fast Times at Ridgmont High - and was very quickly followed by ex-husband Brad Pitt. The pair - who have become close friends in recent years - will both take part in a virtual table read of the film, organized by Dane Cook. 6Jen and Bra reunited publicly earlier in 2020Credit: Getty Images - Getty But amid the actor's dragged-out divorce with Angelina Jolie, it has now been revealed that he was quick to sign on once his ex-wife Jen said yes. Dane has opened up on the casting, admitting former Friends star Jen was the first person to say yes. He said: "I think Jennifer Aniston was lovely and the first person to say, 'I’m in,' and then it just started to rocket after that." Dane is hosting the read, which will also feature original star Sean Penn, Brad and Jen - who were married from 2001 to 2005 - as well as Julia Roberts, Morgan Freeman, Shia LaBeouf, Matthew McConaughey, Jimmy...
    “Girls” creator Lena Dunham says she was diagnosed with coronavirus in March and is still feeling its aftereffects. The actor-writer took to Instagram to share her “Covid Story” and detailed her experience battling the virus as someone who suffers from chronic illness. “Seeing the carelessness with which so many in the United States are treating social distancing … I feel compelled to be honest about the impact this illness has had on me, in the hopes that personal stories allow us to see the humanity in what can feel like abstract situations,” Dunham wrote. Lena Dunham Believes Hollywood System Is Rigged in the Favor of White People, Says ‘I Wasn’t Able to Recognize the Privilege’ (Read Tweets) The actor said the symptoms started with “achy joints”, followed by a “crushing fatigue” and a “fever of 102”. “Suddenly my body simply… revolted. The nerves in my feet burned and muscles wouldn’t seem to do their job. My hands were numb. I couldn’t tolerate loud noises… “I couldn’t sleep but I couldn’t wake up. I lost my sense of taste and smell....
    A CNN clip is going viral after an ad for Applebee's followed a story about Broadway star Nick Cordero's death, making for a startling and disheartening juxtaposition. On Monday, CNN aired a report on Cordero's death at age 41 from COVID-19 complications, sharing somber details of his 95-day battle with the virus. After the report, CNN cut to a commercial break, immediately airing an ad for Abblebee's announcing a return to dine-in-service — something that, taken immediately after COVID death news, highlighted a shocking disconnect. On TV: A CNN clip is going viral after an ad for Applebee's followed a story about Broadway star Nick Cordero's death, making for a startling and disheartening juxtaposition Report: Nick's death was covered in the news broadcast before CNN cut to a commercial break  Switch: The first ad was an upbeat commercial advertising Applebee's return to dine-in service Back to normal? Accompanied by the theme song to Welcome Back, Kotter, the upbeat ad ended with the words, 'Welcome back, America. It sure is good to see you' In the report,...
    BOSTON (CBS) – Police announced that a 65-year-old man is facing charges after an incident during which a Black woman said she was followed and harassed. The woman captured part of the exchange on cell phone video. The woman, who WBZ-TV is not identifying, told police she was on Juniper Terrace Monday afternoon to pick up some free dog food she learned about on a community Facebook page. A man who was summonsed after police said he followed a woman who was in Groveland. (Courtesy Image) When the woman began to drive home, she said a man followed her in his car for several minutes, so she pulled onto a side street. Another resident saw the exchange between the man, who is White, and the woman, and asked him to leave. On Thursday, police said a 65-year-old man from Groveland who was not identified will be charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace. The man will be summonsed to Haverhill District Court at a later date for a Clerk Magistrate’s hearing.
    SOLDIER Vanessa Guillen was harassed and followed into the shower by the soldier who killed himself after her remains were found, according to her family. Private first class Guillen, 20, has been missing since April 22, when she was last seen in a parking lot at US Army base Fort Hood in Texas. 6 Vanessa Guillen, 20, was last seen at Fort Hood military base in Texas on April 22Credit: Refer to Caption On Wednesday, her family announced human remains that were found in concrete near the Leon River in Bell County, roughly 20 miles east of Fort Hood, on Tuesday were her remains. The Army’s Criminal Investigation Command has yet to officially identify the remains. 6 Guillen's sister is seen here speaking to the public about the 20-year-old's disappearanceCredit: YouTube Military officials said they identified two suspects — another soldier and a civilian — in her disappearance, but the soldier shot himself and died after they tried contacting him. The second suspect is "the estranged wife of a former Fort Hood Soldier," investigators said. Guillen’s family attorney, Natalie Khawam...
    (CNN)Police in a Massachusetts town have opened a criminal investigation into a report that a Black woman was followed by a man and allegedly accused of suspicious behavior. Julia Santos told police that she had seen an ad on a Groveland community Facebook page on Monday afternoon, where someone was giving away excess dog food. The 21-year-old says she then drove to the house, located about a mile from her own home, and picked up the free dog food.Groveland is about 34 miles north of Boston.As she left for home, Santos told police a man began to follow her, including turning around his vehicle as she turned around in a different direction. "At this point, I'm checking my mirrors ever few seconds," Santos told CNN."A hundred thoughts are rushing to my head as I realized I'm definitely being followed. I knew I couldn't turn into my own driveway so I turned into a different street. Forgetting the street had no turn around point, my heart dropped as I realized I cornered myself," Santos said.Read MoreHotel employee calls police on Black...
    A young black Massachusetts woman filmed the moment a white man allegedly followed her in his car and demanded to know what she was doing in his neighborhood, saying he felt 'unsafe'.  Julia Santos, 21, was on her way home on Monday after she picked up free dog food from a local who posted about it in a neighborhood Facebook group in Groveland. She said as she drove home she passed through Juniper Terrace and realized a man was following her for several streets in his car.  Disturbed by being tailed for two miles, Santos turned onto a side street to escape the man, where he pulled up next to her and confronted her.    'So what are you driving up Juniper Terrace for?' the white man is seen saying in the video, wearing a white T-shirt and sunglasses.  Black woman Julia Santos, 21, of Groveland, Massachusetts filmed the moment she confronted a white man (above) who allegedly followed her in his car for two miles on Monday before asking what she was doing in his neighborhood. He told her...
    GROVELAND (CBS) — Groveland Police are investigating an incident where a 21-year-old Black woman was followed by a White man in a car. The woman, who WBZ-TV is not identifying, said she was on Juniper Terrace to pick up some free dog food Monday afternoon. She learned about the free dog food from a Facebook community group. As she turned around to head home, she said a man started following her. “He followed me the entire five minutes almost. So I just pulled onto a side street cause I don’t want to bring him to my house,” said the woman. She caught the interaction with the man on video. “I just rolled down my window I leaned my head out the window I’m like, ‘Is there a reason why you’re following me? And he’s like, ‘Is there a reason why you’re driving around my neighborhood?” When the woman told him about the dog food, the man said he did not believe her. “There is no reason he should have felt threatened besides the pure reason that I am black,” said...
    Charges include illegal possession of firearms by convicted felons Five Augusta-area men are headed to federal prison after being sentenced Thursday in U.S. District Court in separate cases involving firearms. The five men, each facing U.S. District Court Chief Judge J.Randal Hall, were sentenced to federal prison terms to be followed by a period of supervised release, said Bobby L. Christine, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Georgia. “A cornerstone of our office’s prosecutions is the Prosecutor to Prosecutor Program, in which we collaborate with local district attorneys to determine the best venue for cases,” said U.S. Attorney Christine. “As these sentences demonstrate, federal court often is the best option for prosecuting violent criminals with illegally carried firearms, because substantial prison time awaits – with no parole.” Sentenced in the cases are: Darryl Kennedy Daggett, 30, of Augusta, to 188 months in federal prison followed by five years of supervised release. Daggett pled guilty to Possession with Intent to Distribute Cocaine, Crack Cocaine and Marijuana, and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon. Daggett, who has...
    Chronicle: He raped and calcinated her in the US and went to follow her in Mexico. Manuel Enrique Muela Luna committed the most frightful savage in Colorado and then went to Mexico to follow his murderous instinct. Now they caught him in the CDMX Pink Zone for another gruesome crime … that could have been prevented. The “dead dog, anger is over” is true. And if they had applied it with Manuel Enrique Muela Luna, its last victim would be alive. It could have been avoided, but things turned out differently, unfortunately. This guy, Muela Luna, took it up with his nephew, Luis Armendariz, back in 1992 while living in Colorado. He sexually abused the boy until he felt like it. Or until the 18-year-old boy decided to run away from his uncle by marrying a girl. Muela Luna did not like the idea of ​​losing her tender lover, and took revenge in the way her murderous and vicious instinct indicated. So, wounded in his feelings, he was shot in the face and killed with one. And, to...
    In mid-March during the height of the coronavirus lockdown, Sara Jay was trending on Twitter. Given the increased rates consumers were watching porn, it wasn’t that surprising to see a globally recognized porn star trend on a mainstream platform. But that’s not why Sara Jay’s name was trending. Former President Barack Obama was recognized (again) as one of the adult actress’ 1.1 million followers, and the internet just couldn’t get enough of it. With the tsunami of attention directed her way, Jay seized the opportunity to challenge the racial boundaries within the adult-entertainment industry. Racism in porn isn’t a secret—it’s heavily fetishized and promoted. Jay plans to change that. Through her company, Wyde Syde Productions, Jay will offer performers a unique opportunity to define their own labels and back away from racist themes that have been so prevalent in porn. In an exclusive interview with The Daily Beast, Sara Jay discusses what it’s like to be followed by Obama, her responsibilities as a pornographer, why porn needs to keep the term “interracial,” and how it can be used...
    A month after a Minneapolis police officer knelt on George Floyd’s neck for nearly eight minutes, resulting in his death, Republican leaders in the Minnesota Senate announced they would hold hearings on the riots and the resulting damage in Minneapolis and St. Paul. The move follows a special session aimed in part at rewriting Minnesota’s policing laws to prevent deadly force encounters and ensure accountability for officers. The Senate adjourned early Saturday before lawmakers could come to agreements on the efforts, as well as a deal on a bonding bill and how to allocate $841 million in federal COVID-19 aid funding to local governments. Gov. Tim Walz on Thursday approved a plan for COVID-19 aid that mirrored a bipartisan plan crafted during the session. Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka, R-East Gull Lake, said Thursday that senators need to evaluate the decisions that played out that allowed for more than a thousand businesses to be looted or burned in the metro area. They also want to know about the toppling of a Christopher Columbus statue at the Capitol. “I think the...
    LONE PINE (AP) — A 5.8 magnitude earthquake rattled Inyo County near the eastern Sierra Nevada town of Lone Pine Wednesday and was quickly followed by an aftershock measuring 3.6, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The initial quake struck at 10:40 a.m. followed five minutes later by the aftershock. On Monday night, the same area was struck by a 4.6-magnitude temblor. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. The area is located between Sequoia National Park and Death Valley National Park, about 170 miles north of Los Angeles.
    Actor Mohit Sehgal and a few of his close friends gathered at their friend Gautam Hegde’s house to ring in his birthday. However, the posting of the happy occasion was marred with netizens commenting about how the group violated social distancing big time. Mohit’s post had a lot of comments where users commented, “RIP Social Distancing”. Sanaya Irani’s Hubby Mohit Sehgal Shares a Beautiful Message for Her and We Think the Couple Is Setting Major Relationship Goals (View Pic). The group had gathered had actors Asha Negi, Mohit Sehgal, Sanaya Irani, Karan Wahi, Barun Sobti, Ridhi Dogra, Akshay Dogra, Meiyang Chang and Naman Shaw. While all of them wore masks and covered their noses and mouth, they were standing in close proximity, which prompted social media users to call them out. On Mohit Sehgal’s Birthday, Wifey Sanaya Irani Shares a Throwback Picture of Them Sharing a Passionate Kiss in Paris. However, Mohit assured one and all that every precaution possible was taken by the people who visited Gautam and the hot himself. Mohit told BT, “All of us reside in...
    Receiving a package that you ordered can make for a joyous moment. But for one Delaware family, their smiles were turned into full-blown laughter after their Amazon delivery woman followed their particular set of delivery instructions perfectly. Lynn Staffieri of Magnolia, Delaware, needed a new pet playpen for the kittens her family was fostering, so she ordered one on Amazon. But she failed to see the "additional instructions" that her teenage son had mischievously set as a default a couple months earlier. In the box under the prompt that reads, "Do we need additional instructions to find this address?" 13-year-old Jacob Staffieri wrote, "No, but knock on the door 3 times and scream abra cadabra as loud as you can and run super fast away." "It was just the first thing that came to mind, and I thought it would be funny to hear someone say that," Jacob Staffieri told CNN. When the package arrived last week, Staffieri was unaware of the instructions, and her son had forgotten, so when they heard three knocks on their door and someone screaming...
    (CNN)Receiving a package that you ordered can make for a joyous moment. But for one Delaware family, their smiles were turned into full-blown laughter after their Amazon delivery woman followed their particular set of delivery instructions perfectly. Lynn Staffieri of Magnolia, Delaware, needed a new pet playpen for the kittens her family was fostering, so she ordered one on Amazon. But she failed to see the "additional instructions" that her teenage son had mischievously set as a default a couple months earlier. In the box under the prompt that reads, "Do we need additional instructions to find this address?" 13-year-old Jacob Staffieri wrote, "No, but knock on the door 3 times and scream abra cadabra as loud as you can and run super fast away." "It was just the first thing that came to mind, and I thought it would be funny to hear someone say that," Jacob Staffieri told CNN. When the package arrived last week, Staffieri was unaware of the instructions, and her son had forgotten, so when they heard three knocks on their door and someone screaming...
    Maplewood and St. Paul reported three carjackings and three robberies by the same group of juveniles Friday evening. The crimes are the latest in at least 20 quick-hitting robberies spanning the Twin Cities and northern suburbs over the last two weeks. “We had three in rapid succession, all the same suspects,” said Sgt. Michael Nye of the Maplewood Police Department. “They arrived in a stolen car and stole another car.” The carjackings were all in residential areas in Maplewood and all near the 5 p.m. hour, when people were arriving home from work. The suspects started on the west end of Maplewood and worked their way to the south end, then continued the crime spree in St. Paul. At 4:51 p.m., suspects approached a person who was just getting out of a vehicle in the 600 block of Eldridge Avenue. They implied they had a gun and stole a silver Lexus. This Lexus was spotted in four other robberies, which is how police know it’s the same group. At 5:01p.m. in the 1700 block of North Birmingham Street, the suspects...
    (CNN)One of the reasons Rayshard Brooks, a black man fatally shot last week by a police officer in Atlanta, is dead is because long ago, white Americans came to a consensus that their fear mattered more than the lives of men who looked like him. Issac BaileyThose long-dead white Americans from the past set us on a path to criminalizing things they didn't like -- or people they wanted to dominate. That began long before the technology that brought us viral videos of white people calling the police on black people for barbecuing in the park or asking a woman to put her dog on a leash. Somewhere along the way, the rest of us became convinced that America's culture and way of policing was just the way things always must be, which is part of why now black men aren't the only victims of police violence. Reform alone can't fix this -- especially not the weak and illogical reform President Donald Trump offered up on Tuesday. Until the deeper mindset linking policing to racist fear changes, executive orders signed...
    (CNN)When police stopped a Texas man for an alleged traffic violation, the confrontation turned tense, videos of the incident show. Midland police officers stopped Tye Anders, 21, on May 16 for running a stop sign, the department said in a statement. Before that, Anders, who is black, had been driving in a way that aroused suspicion, "making several extreme attempts to elude and avoid me," a Midland police officer wrote in an affidavit obtained by CNN affiliate KWES and other media. CNN has put in a public records request for the affidavit.The Midland Police Department released footage on Facebook from an officer's dash cam video and a 36-minute bodycam video on May 22, six days after the incident. The video does not show the alleged traffic violation; police say it "occurred prior to activation of the video system." In the dashcam video, officers say Anders drove for two blocks after the cruiser's lights went on. Anders then can be seen pulling into his grandmother's driveway. Read MoreAnders was charged with evading in a motor vehicle while police were attempting to...