Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 19:08:20
90 results - (0.004 seconds)

Have I’ve been:

latest news at page 1:
    Steel Magnolias actor and more stars turning 60 in 2021 Tesla is now worth more than $1 trillion © Provided by NBC Sports Replay Video SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said after losing on Monday Night Football that his team — and he personally — needs Russell Wilson. Carroll acknowledged that he might not have lasted long in Seattle without Wilson, and that the Seahawks’ current three-game losing streak is due in large part to Wilson’s injury. “I’ve been here a long time. And if we didn’t have Russell, I probably wouldn’t have been here a long time. Think of all the magic he’s created through the years,” Carroll said. “One of the winningest quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. And it’ll be really fun when he comes back and plays football again for us this year.” Carroll says the 2-4 Seahawks are going to keep fighting until Wilson returns. “We miss him, and in the mean time we’re going to keep fighting and clawing and doing what we can,” Carroll...
    AIR FRYERS have become all the rave these past few months, but do you know how to properly clean them? TikTok star, Tanya, who shares plenty of home hacks, revealed that there is a much easier way to do so than scrubbing it in the sink. 4A cleaning expert revealed how to quickly clean a greasy air fryer basketCredit: TikTok 4All you need is soap and waterCredit: TikTok According to the cleaning enthusiast, all you really need to do is add a little bit of dish soap to the pan before adding a cup of water. After putting the pan back in its place, you'll want to heat it up for three minutes. The heat will loosen up all the caked-up grease, making it easier to clean. Once it's done, separate the basket from the basket base and dump out the dirty water. Give it a quick rinse to get rid of the soap and you're all done! Following her video, many took the comment section to reveal other cleaning hacks. Most read in LifestyleWADING IN...
    RAISE your hand if you use dry shampoo but it seems like it's doing absolutely nothing for you. Well, you've most likely been using it wrong, which can make your hair look greasy and dull. 3A hairstylist reveals that if you put dry shampoo immediately after washing, it will stop oil from formingCredit: TikTok 3It's a hairstylist's secretCredit: TikTok Hairstylist Marquie Hibler revealed in a TikTok video to her 20K followers: "If you put dry shampoo on clean hair, it prevents oil from forming in the scalp." She then added: "It works as a preventative, that's why your hair stays so clean when leaving the salon." This means that within a day of you washing your hair, you should spray some dry shampoo on your roots to prevent your hair from getting greasy. You can also do it the day of but remember to give your scalp a good cleanse each time you wash your hair. In order to get rid of that build-up, you need to know how to properly shampoo it. Beauty expert Abbey Yung had previously...
    WHITE House press secretary Jen Psaki on Thursday snapped at a male reporter's question on abortion, telling him "you’ve never faced those choices." Psaki had been responding to a question on Joe Biden's statement on the Texas abortion law being at odds with his Catholic faith when she made the comments. 2White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Thursday snapped at a male reporter's question on abortionCredit: EPA 2She had been responding to a question on Joe Biden's response to the Texas abortion law being at odds with his Catholic faithCredit: C-Span She told the journalist: "He believes that it's a woman's right, it's a woman's body and it's her choice. "I know you’ve never faced those choices nor have you ever been pregnant. "But for women out there who have faced those choices this is an incredibly difficult thing." The Supreme Court this week refused to block a Texas law which bans most abortions and heralds the most restrictive measures in the United States. That's increased tensions across the political spectrum on an already divisive issue. Following the SCOTUS decision Biden...
    Survivors of COVID-19 are more likely to have severe symptoms after receiving the first dose of a vaccine when compared to others, a new study finds.  Researchers at Johns Hopkins University gathered data from health care workers at its system in Baltimore, Maryland. They found that people previously infected with COVID-19 were 4.5 times as likely to have severe symptoms from the first dose of the vaccine than others. The team says the findings present a point of interest in the way the vaccine works, and how COVID-19 can change a person's body in the long-term. Researchers found that COVID-19 survivors were 4.5 times more likely to have a severe response to the first dose of a vaccine than those who never had the virus. Pictured: A medical officer a Houston's United Memorial Medical Center receives a shot of the Moderna vaccine on December 21 Almost all of the 954 health care workers who took part in the study had antibody responses to the vaccine, whether they experienced symptoms of not.  For the study, published in JAMA Internal...
    SHE is rebellious, with flowing red locks and a desire to follow her heart at any cost. Sound familiar? No, it is not Sarah Ferguson but the  main character in her new Mills & Boon bodice-ripper Her Heart For A Compass. 5Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, speaks exclusively to The Sun 5Sarah on her engagement to Prince Andrew in 1986Credit: Getty - Contributor Speaking exclusively to The Sun, the Duchess of York tells how the novel gave her a chance to delve into her past and address her younger, troubled self. The 61-year-old said: “I would tell the young Sarah to always be herself, to have belief in herself and to seek help much earlier on when it came to insecurity and issues with mental health and eating disorders. “I wish somebody had taken me in hand and helped me with all that.” Sarah’s new novel is set in Victorian England and follows the rebellious Margaret (which is Fergie’s own middle name) as she is engaged to a haughty earl. She said: “People will spot the parallels between me and...
    Sam Asghari is in good spirits following his fender bender car accident earlier this week.  On Thursday, the 27-year-old took a moment to poke some fun at the paparazzi after they congratulated him on his "engagement" to Britney Spears. The "Toxic" pop star was recently spotted donning a ring on her special finger while on a coffee run. "People don’t know but we’ve been married for about five years and we secretly got married in Hawaii – that’s one of the stories that I don’t know but I see in the newspapers – and we have twins," Asghari, 27, joked to photographers who caught up with the actor and fitness trainer at a Los Angeles car dealership, according to footage obtained by TMZ.  Last month, the couple jetted to Hawaii for a weekend of rest and relaxation after her explosive June 23 hearing, in which Spears expressed her desire to end her "abusive" conservatorship.  BRITNEY SPEARS’ BOYFRIEND SAM ASGHARI SPOTTED BEAMING A DAY AFTER HER BIG WIN IN CONSERVATORSHIP BATTLE "Sam made sure his schedule was clear the week after the...
    THOUGHT you were giving your toilet a thorough clean? One revelation from a professional cleaner might have you thinking twice. An expert from Melbourne, Australia, known as @thebigcleanco on TikTok has floored cleaning fans after sharing how they are probably using their disinfectant spray on their loo all wrong. 4A professional cleaner has revealed the correct way you should be using disinfectant spray when cleaning the toiletCredit: TikTok/@thebigcleanco 4They revealed that you're probably not getting rid of any germs at all when you're cleaningCredit: TikTok/@thebigcleanco Naturally, people reach for a standard supermarket disinfectant spray to give the toilet a once over, but the professional revealed that unless you're leaving the spray to sit, then your toilet won't be very clean at all. They explained that disinfectant needs time to sit for it to do its job and should be left to soak for 10 minutes, with many sprays stating so on the label. "So you think you're a clean freak? But here's a hard truth from a professional cleaner. Just because you're using a disinfectant spray does...
    WITH SIX Spice Girl-themed tattoos, 20 boxes of memorabilia, and having seen Mel C gig more than 100 times, Louise Wilks is one of the band’s biggest superfans. The 36-year-old, from Croydon, fell in love with the group’s ‘Girl Power’ ethos aged 11, when she heard Wannabe in 1996 - which is on Thursday celebrating 25 years since its release. 6Lousie Wilks (pictured with Mel C) has been a Spice Girls superfan for 25 yearsCredit: Supplied Over the next two-and-a-half decades, Louise dedicated her spare time to obsession, queuing sometimes for days to see the Spice Girls play, or to get an autograph from Posh, Sporty, Scary, Ginger or Baby. She also got her stomach, arms, ribcage and back inked with lyrics from Spice Girls’ songs,  the Spice World logo, ‘girl power’ in Japanese, as well as Mel C’s star and angel tattoos. Louise, who works as a global market research manager, said: “I have been a Spice Girl superfan for 25 years.  “I was 11 when I first heard Wannabe and had just finished primary school. I honestly still...
    (CNN)Carl Nassib's coming out was casual, matter-of-fact and, evidenced by the ebullient smile he wore throughout the video in which he disclosed his sexuality, a release he'd long waited for. The laid-back nature of his announcement belies how exceedingly rare it was for Nassib to come out at all. The Las Vegas Raiders defensive end is now just one of two openly gay active players in the history of the four biggest North American sports leagues (the National Football League, National Basketball Association, Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League). He joins Jason Collins, an NBA veteran who came out in 2013 and retired after the following season. Those leagues have, combined, had nearly four centuries between them and tens of thousands of players. And of all the men who've ever swung a bat, smacked a puck, dodged a tackler or sunk a basket, only a handful have ever come out, typically after they've retired. Carl Nassib is the first active NFL player to come out -- and just the second openly gay active player in the NFL, MLB,...
    SUCCESSFUL couponing not only means being able to save money on the spot and making the most of your salary, but it actually means being able to save for the long run, whether that' for family vacations or retirement. A Reddit user revealed how in just 12 years she able to save more than $50,000 that she would have otherwise spent on everyday necessities, and has reaped the benefits in other areas of her life. 6A Reddit user shared that she has been able to save over $50K in ten yearsCredit: Getty The Reddit user shared her amazing story on the social media platform as a way to inspire others to start couponing and give a few pointers. "I started couponing at the age of 22, fresh out of college and starting a demanding graduate program," she revealed. "I needed to stretch my $20K/year living stipend as far as it could go, so I started a coupon savings spreadsheet in August 2009, started watching sale flyers and clipping coupons, and logged every purchase where I received...
    HOMEWORK can be a trial to get through with your children, but one sneaky mum decided to take matters into her own hands. The mum-of-three, from Australia, told Kidspot that her primary-aged children are expected to do homework because it’s mandatory, but too much is expected of them. 2The Aussie mum does all of her children's homeworkCredit: Getty - Contributor She says her eldest child has been expected to complete great amounts of homework for four and a half years. But none of her children have actually been doing their homework – she has. The mum believes that there is enough pressure put on children enough at school to do well, that she believes the attitude of schools are too full on for young children. Initially she took her concern to her children’s school, but claimed her concerns weren’t appreciated or listened to, so her children would still have to complete their homework. 2She believes that homework puts unnecessary pressure on primary...
    The Queen's goddaughter has revealed how the monarch would've loved to have just been a 'country woman with her animals' - and gifted her Twister and Winnie the Pooh books as a child. Victoria Pryor, the Queen Mother’s great-niece, admitted: 'I mean the Queen would've loved just to have been a country lady with her animals.' She appeared from her Norfolk-based home on ITV’s one-off documentary The Queen and Her Cousins with Alexander Armstrong this evening.  Victoria’s mother was Margaret Rhodes, one of the Queen's closest friends as well as a bridesmaid at her wedding to Prince Philip in 1947.   The Queen's goddaughter Victoria Pryor (pictured) has revealed how the monarch would've loved to have just been a 'country woman with her animals' - and gifted her Twister and Winnie the Pooh books as a child Victoria’s mother was Margaret Rhodes, one of the Queen's closest friends (pictured together) as well as a bridesmaid at her wedding to Prince Philip in 1947 When describing the Queen, Victoria said: 'She's incredible, the way she looks after everybody. '...I always...
    WHEN it comes to the subject of cheating, TV extra Luke King says there are double standards for men and women. Last month, writer Rachel Foster told Fab Daily that her affair was better than Botox — making her look and feel a decade younger. 6TV extra Luke King says there are double standards for men and women when it comes to the subject of cheatingCredit: Adam Bronkhorst But would a man get away with talking about cheating on a loved one like that? Luke, 42, thinks not. He has been cheated on twice and says the pain has put him off women for life. He explains: “I have zero faith in women. All hope I had of finding a loving, monogamous relationship has vanished thanks to the two women who decided to cheat behind my back. “If a man cheats, he is branded a home-wrecker or a narcissist. “But if a woman strays, it’s a slap on the wrist — and she usually gets away with her reputation still intact. “Why is it that when it comes to having...
    Participants in this year's Boston Marathon will be required to show proof of up to two negative COVID-19 tests before the race, even if they have been vaccinated.  The historic race will also carry a new $25 fee to cover costs associated with preventing the spread of the coronavirus, and organizers have decided to eliminate a staging area where athletes traditionally mingle and stretch before the start of the race. It's not yet clear if the two tests requirement will mean runners will be allowed to run the race without masks.   'With people coming from many places, it's hard to know just exactly what sort of protective measures are available where they are so we'll make every effort to apply the same standard to everybody,' CEO of Boston Athletic Association Thomas Grilk said.  Runners at this year's Boston Marathon race will have to show a negative COVID-19 test before they're allowed to hit the course, even if they've been vaccinated 'The Boston Athletic Association said it is committed to taking all necessary steps to ensure the health and safety...
    Cher has been mocked as a 'white savior' for saying she could have helped prevent the death of George Floyd.  The music icon made the remark in a tweet posted to her 3.9 million followers Friday as she watched the televised murder trial of Derek Chauvin - the cop accused of killing Floyd in Minneapolis last May.  'Was talking With Mom & She Said 'I Watched Trial Of Policeman Who Killed George Floyd,& Cried'. I Said 'Mom,I Know This Is Gonna Sound CRAZY,But.. I Kept Thinking .....Maybe If I'd Been There,...I Could've Helped,' Cher tweeted. The Turn Back Time crooner, 74, was promptly slammed for her sentiment, with critics accusing her of making a tone-dead remark that was insulting to those who had taken the stand to say how they had tried to stop Floyd's death from occurring.   'I love my Cher but oof. That was a little too white savior complex for me. I know she means well and probably doesn't understand but..honey...no,' one wrote.  Cher has been mocked as a 'white savior' for saying she could have...
    Domestic travelers to New York will no longer be required to quarantine if they can provide proof that they've been fully vaccinated within the past 90 days.  Governor Andrew Cuomo made the announcement at a press conference on Wednesday, his first official briefing on the state's progress with the virus in nearly two weeks.   Cuomo abruptly stopped holding briefings last month after allegations emerged that he had sought to cover up data on COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes. In the past week his troubles have only deepened as three women came forward to accuse him of sexual harassment, prompting the state legislature to strike a deal to revoke his emergency powers on Tuesday. The governor acknowledged the deal at his latest press conference but declined to comment further.  Instead he announced the changes to the travel advisory, which previously required anyone entering New York from a non-contiguous state to quarantine for two weeks or obtain a negative test four days after arrival.  Domestic travelers to New York will no longer be required to quarantine if they can provide proof...
    New Yorkers will have to flash a 'COVID-19 passport' showing either a negative test result or a vaccination if they want to enjoy a sporting event or catch a movie under a new pilot program.  Gov Andrew Cuomo's office announced the initiative, which has been dubbed the 'Excelsior Pass,' on Tuesday.  The pass, developed in partnership with IBM, is said to be 'proven, secure technology [that] will confirm an individual's vaccination or recent negative COVID test'.  The initial phase of pilot testing started on February 27 with the Brooklyn Nets game at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Scroll down for video   New Yorkers will have to flash a 'COVID-19 passport' showing either a negative test result or a vaccination if they want to enjoy a sporting event or catch a movie under a new pilot program. The app for the technology is seen above  The initial phase of pilot testing started on February 27 with the Brooklyn Nets game at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Testing continued on Tuesday night at the New York Rangers game at Madison...
    A MUM claims she and her kids have been "left to rot" in a mould-covered flat for seven months, meaning she's been forced to take time off work for anxiety. Mum-of-two Niki Goodwin, 32, a financial contract co-ordinator, has been living in temporary accommodation in Horley, Surrey, for two years - with her kids Tyler, 11, and Riley, nine. 9Mum-of-two Niki Goodwin with sons Tyler, 11, and Riley, nineCredit: Niki Goodwin Since July, continual leaks have made their lives a misery - their possessions are covered in mould, Niki is struggling with her mental health and her son’s asthma is worsening too. In an exclusive chat with Fabulous, Niki tells her story... "The ground floor flat where we live is currently a health hazard. The walls are covered in black mould, our sheets and carpet feel wet to the touch and the furniture, which was brand new when we moved in, is rotting all around us. 9Their temporary accommodation in Surrey is covered in mould - after a leak started in the bathroom It’s so bad our shoes are falling...
    AMERICA'S top infectious disease expert says it's possible the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will soon advise people to wear two masks. Dr Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has previously endorsed the use of two masks, also known as double-masking - typically with a surgical mask over a cloth one. 5Dr Fauci says we may soon have to wear two masks.Credit: Twitter 5According to Fauci, double-masking "makes sense".Credit: Reuters In an appearance on The Washington Post Live on Tuesday, Fauci was asked by reporter David Ignatius if the public health agency would issue guidance for all Americans to do the same. "That's possible...In fact, just discussions with my CDC colleagues yesterday, we were talking about the CDC is looking at doing a study of seeing whether or not two masks are better than one," Fauci said. "It makes common sense you would think." Fauci said he has increasingly seen more people during the pandemic adopt a two-mask approach, himself included. "You can make a general common sense extrapolation," he said.  "If one mask serves as...
    TikTok users are sharing the funniest, strangest, and overall worst names they've ever heard in real life, from twins named Orangejello and Yellowjello to a girl named Shittyanna.   Doctor Carlton kicked off the viral trend on January 22, asking others on the app: 'Tell me the most unfortunate name you've ever run across. Dozens have since chimed in, sharing names that are strange, hilarious, and likely incredibly embarrassing burdens for those who carry them. Share time! TikTok user Doctor Carlton asked other users to share the 'most unfortunate names' they've ever come across Oh dear... One woman came across a set of twin boys whose names were Orangejello (pronounced or-AN-jel-oh) and Yellowjello (pronounced (yell-O-jel-oh) No L! She also met an Hijkmno that was pronounced 'Noelle'  Is this allowed? TikToker @the.house.hippo met a Jkmno whose name was pronounced Noel Oh dear: She also met a Forrest whose name was spelled Ssst with four S's and a Shittyanna Doctor Carlton offered his own example first, saying he went to school with a guy named Richard Head — who...
    FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Tim Jin of Orange County has cerebral palsy, so the 45-year-old is considered high risk for COVID-19. But he's not yet eligible for the vaccine because of his age."We are extremely disappointed that Governor Newsom still hasn't announced the people with high risk disabilities will have access to the vaccine soon. We shouldn't have to fight this hard to stay alive. When i go to the mall, I get to park in disabled parking. But with the vaccine, the disabled community is left behind," said Jin, who lives in Fountain Valley.Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.VACCINE TRACKER: How California is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccineA rotation of eight caregivers help Jin, who communicates by using his toes to type on an iPad. All of Jin's caregivers have received the vaccine, and some are under the age of 65 and healthy, but the person they take care of remains in isolation, terrified of the virus."Studies show that people with disabilities who contract the virus...
    YOU might be washing your knickers after every wear, but what if we told you that still might not be enough to get them clean. In fact, turns out many of us could be doing it all wrong, and in doing so we're actually spreading poop everywhere. 2 Hygiene experts claim that washing our underwear at 40C could mean they're still filled with pooey bacteriaCredit: Getty - Contributor Hygiene experts claim that for those of us washing our underwear at 40C might will be left with pants still full of faecal bacteria. And if you've been chucking your knickers in with your other clothes - and let's face it, we all do - they might be contaminated with poo particles too. Dr Lisa Ackerley, also known as The Hygiene Doctor, told HuffPost UK that washing at anything under 60C won't kill bacteria. She added: "Don’t put the knickers in with the tea towels on a low wash, because you might have faecal contamination in your knickers and you wouldn’t want that near your kitchen." But immunologist Dr Jenna Macciochi, from...
    The Pasco Sheriff's Office in Florida has a secret list of over 400 students they believe could 'fall into a life of crime' based on factors like whether they have gotten a D or an F in school and whether they have been abused or disciplined at school.  Both state and federal law protect the records used by the sheriff's office to make the list, comprised of students from Pasco County high and middle schools. Authorities use data from both the Pasco County School District and the Department of Children and Families. Data from the district shows which students are struggling academically, have missed too many classes, or have been disciplined repeatedly at the schools. FDCF data shows which children have been either victims to abuse or witnesses to household violence. Parents of the students are completely unaware of their child's presence on the list, the Tampa Bay Times reports. Children also do not have any indication that they are on the list. Both state and federal law protect the records used by the sheriff's office to make the list, comprised of...
    WHEN Boris Johnson confirmed the rumours of a second lockdown lasting for a month, the nation let out a collective groan. But there's a silver lining to the situation, as millions of Brits are bound to have a lot more free time to finally get around to those long-overdue home improvement projects. 5 Poundland have released a range of £3 paints to glow up your home during lockdownCredit: Facebook Luckily, giving your home a glow up doesn't have to cost a bomb thanks to Poundland's new range of paints. A Poundland shopper noticed the new paint range in his local store and shared a snap of the discovery to the Facebook group Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK. He wrote: "Saw these today in Poundland, Pisea, Essex. 1ltr for £3. Colours are on point." The new collection includes a range of fabulous colours including teal, mustard yellow, pebble grey, magnolia, brilliant white and green velvet. 5 Poundland's purse-friendly Pep&Co has a range of affordable paintsCredit: Poundland 5 The range includes a stunning mustard hueCredit: Poundland The one litre pots are priced...
    When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more. The pins on this slicker brush are gentle enough not to irritate my cat's skin. Andy Kindon/Insider The Safari Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Cats is made for detangling mats and removing loose fur from the undercoat of long-haired cats. The brush has an easy-press button on the back to retract the pins and clean out hair in a single motion. Brushing a long-haired cat daily with a slicker brush can reduce hairballs and keep their coat shiny and mat-free. Since I found him in my backyard eight years ago, my cat Osito's fluffy black coat has pretty much taken care of itself and we've never needed to see a groomer. Other than a light brushing here and there, his long hair has been blissfully tangle-free. But just this year, with Osito pushing 12 years old, I've begun to discover mats where they never dared to form before, especially in hard to reach places under his arms and on his...
    You have hits and misses when buying new weed. Lately, I've had a lot of misses. The weed itself has been fine, but my reaction to it — slow, groggy and despondent — has not been. Maybe this is a by-product of limiting myself to pre-orders out of ’rona fear and not engaging with budtenders before making my purchase (not that we're allowed to smell before we buy now anyway), or maybe my body is just changing; lord knows the shape of it has. Being the cheapskate that I am, though, an in-store-only sale was the only thing that was going to drag me inside a dispensary. And that's when I thought I'd found my dream strain for curing my weed woes. Initially presented with a lineup of potent OGs and Cookies varieties, I asked the budtender for something that was more on the straight-and-narrow path for daytime use but still flush in the flavor department. She pulled out something from the corner with the name Tangerine Dream. Although she wasn't very enthusiastic while describing it as a...
    Kyle Rittenhouse's mother has recalled the moment her 'crying and pale' son returned home to Illinois after fatally shooting two protesters in Wisconsin - as she defended the 17-year-old who she says would be dead if he hadn't been armed.  The teen, who was arrested at his home in Antioch, Illinois a day after the shootings, has remained in custody in his home state as his lawyers fight his extradition to Wisconsin to face trial. Prosecutors say he shot and killed two protesters and injured a third on the streets of Kenosha on August 25.  His attorneys have argued that he was acting in self-defense and have portrayed the him as a courageous patriot who was exercising his right to bear arms during unrest over the police shooting of black man Jacob Blake. Rittenhouse's mother Wendy, 45, defended the teen in an interview with Fox News on Friday. Kyle Rittenhouse's mother Wendy has recalled the moment her 'crying and pale' son returned home to Illinois after fatally shooting two protesters in Wisconsin - as she defended the 17-year-old who she says...
    Danielle Theriault (left) and Loverelle Bryne (right). Danielle Theriault Danielle Theriault and Loverelle Bryne connected through a Facebook group for people who've had coronavirus symptoms for more than 100 days.  The pair discovered they live less than 30 minutes apart, have similar interests, and have eerily similar COVID journeys, both in terms of symptoms and how it's affected their family lives.  Now more than six months after the disease onset, they talk daily, go to the same specialists, and credit each other for making the illness bearable and even helping their marriages.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.   About two months into her battle with COVID-19, Danielle Theriault began to question if the tingling, pain, and brain fog were all in her head. After all, doctors told her it was anxiety, and even her husband, a physician who'd more fully recovered from the illness, wasn't so sure her complaints were directly related to the disease. It wasn't supposed to last that long, they all said.  Finding a Facebook group for "long haulers," an online community of people...
    ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Tuesday the State of California upgraded multiple Bay Area counties from being part of a purple tier to a red tier.Basically, this means these counties go from having "widespread" COVID-19 cases in the purple category to having "substantial" COVID-19 cases in the red category. In some places that helps businesses reopen, but in Alameda County it isn't changing anything.RELATED: Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under Newsom's new 4-tier systemThe county's health department says they are "using the next two weeks to ensure our metrics will remain stable and we will release a phased plan."Tammy Schneickert owns D's Fitness Designed 4 Women, and is begging the Alameda County Health Department, "Let me open, we can do it safely, I know we can!"Schneickert and her clients are allowed outside, but they're not allowed to workout inside.Alameda County said Tuesday that indoor gym use is still not allowed, even as the state gave the county the okay for indoor workouts at 10-percent capacity and with a mask on."I've been crying all day, it's just devastating to...
    A protester is placed in a spit hood as he is restrained by Police Officers close to Westminster tube station outside the Houses of Parliament during a Black Lives Matter protest on June 07, 2020 Chris J Ratcliffe/Getty Images Spit hoods are used by police or correctional officers to prevent suspects and inmates from contaminating them with their bodily fluids, like spit or or blood.  The mesh bags are placed over a suspects head.  In March, officers in Rochester, New York, used a spit hood on a mentally-ill Black man until he stopped breathing. Daniel Prude died seven days later. Prude's death isn't the only one that has been associated with the controversial piece of police equipment.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. "Spit hoods" are mesh bags used by police and correctional workers in the US and abroad to protect officers from a suspect's bodily fluids.  The equipment, which tend to be used when there is a risk of an infectious disease, are controversial and have been used during several in-custody deaths.  In March, in the...
    The Duchess of Cambridge has revealed she has been 'overwhelmed' by the public's response to her community photography exhibition as she announced the top 100 images have officially been chosen. Kate Middleton, 38, joined a panel of judges of five judges to select the best images from 31,000 images submitted for the nation-wide contest. The Duchess, who spearheaded the campaign, is a patron of the National Portrait Gallery and a keen amateur photographer, aims to capture a snapshot of the UK at this time, with the help of the nation.  Announcing that the top 100 images had been selected, the Duchess said: 'I've been so overwhelmed by the public's response to Hold Still, the quality of the images has been extraordinary, and the poignancy and the stories behind the images have been equally as moving as well.' The Duchess of Cambridge, 38, joined a panel of five judges to select the top 100 images for her Hold Still photography contest  This is one of the photos selected by the Duchess of Cambridge ahead of showcasing the final 100...
    Dr. Anthony Fauci says he was undergoing surgery when the rest of the White House Coronavirus Task Force decided to loosen up COVID-19 testing guidelines and he was not a part of the controversial move. Fauci said he was undergoing an operation for polyps on his throat and was sedated when the task force met on Thursday August 20 and discussed an update to US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines. Those guidelines were released Monday and state that people who have come into contact individuals with coronavirus no longer need to get tested, if they don't have symptoms.   'I was under general anesthesia in the operating room and was not part of any discussion or deliberation regarding the new testing recommendations,' Fauci said to CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta on Wednesday. Dr. Anthony Fauci said he was undergoing surgery when the rest of the White House Coronavirus Task Force met on Thursday August 20 to loosen up COVID-19 testing guidelines. Those new guidelines were released Monday WATCH: Dr. Sanjay Gupta says Dr. Fauci told him...
    Tricare, a health care program of the United States Department of Defense Military Health System, mistakenly told more than 600,000 people they have had the China-originated novel coronavirus, asking the “COVID-19 survivors” to consider donating blood for research. In a mass email sent on July 17, more than 600,000 Tricare users in the military health system’s East Region were asked to consider donating blood for research based on their supposed status as COVID-19 “survivors,” Military.com reported last week. As noted in the report, “31,000 persons affiliated with the U.S. military have been diagnosed with the coronavirus,” showing a clear error in the mass email. “As a survivor of COVID-19, it’s safe to donate whole blood or blood plasma, and your donation could help other COVID-19 patients,” the email stated. “Your plasma likely has antibodies (or proteins) present that might help fight the coronavirus infection. Currently, there is no cure for COVID-19. However, there is information that suggests plasma from COVID-19 survivors, like you, might help some patients recover more quickly from COVID-19.” One beneficiary posted to Facebook about the email, highlighting that he...
    Insider spoke to a handful of women who are currently pregnant or who have recently given birth who said they'd advise women to wait to get pregnant. There's little data about how COVID-19 could affect an unborn baby — limited studies point to heightened risks of stillbirth and fetal distress in newborns. A New York City-based OB-GYN said she wouldn't advise women to delay pregnancy due to the pandemic. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Ten days into developing the coronavirus in March, when she was 18 weeks pregnant, Jessica Sigal developed a case of pneumonia so severe that every breath she took felt like she was "inhaling glass." As a physical therapist, Sigal is comfortable using a pulse oximeter, and she regularly measured her oxygen saturation levels, carefully monitoring if she needed to go to the hospital But when her oxygen levels dropped to the low 90s and then the high 80s, Sigal started to panic. Values less than 90 are considered low and a lack of oxygen in utero may contribute to some congenital cardiovascular issues....
    Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases for three decades and one of the leading experts on pandemics in the U.S. for the last four decades, told U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday that the SARS-CoV-2 has taken him by surprise, particularly in a singular way that helped lead to one of the biggest public-health crisis in a generation. “ ‘I’ve been dealing with viral outbreaks for the last 40 years. I’ve never seen a single virus — that is, one pathogen — have a range where 20% to 40% of the people have no symptoms.’ ” — Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases “I’ve been dealing with viral outbreaks for the last 40 years. I’ve never seen a single virus — that is, one pathogen — have a range where 20% to 40% of the people have no symptoms,” he told a House Committee on Energy and Commerce on the Trump administration's response to the novel coronavirus pandemic on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. The World Health Organization...
    New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Thursday that people in New York City protesting the death of George Floyd should assume they have been exposed to the coronavirus. "If you were at a protest I would assume you're exposed," Cuomo said.  The governor also announced the state is opening COVID-19 testing facilities to all people who were at a protest. He urged protesters to act as if they have been exposed by telling those that they live with, and getting tested. "The protesters themselves could wind up creating a spike," he said, noting that it won't be clear for at least two weeks. Coronavirus tests are available to all protesters. We ask protesters to be responsible. Wear a mask. Get tested. Act as if you may have been exposed.— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) June 4, 2020 At least 52 people died from the coronavirus Wednesday, Cuomo said. The governor stressed that while new cases are still on the decline, that is due to the state's stay-at-home and social distancing orders up until this point. Every region statewide has been allowed to begin reopening...
    Republican Party of Minnesota Chair Jennifer Carnahan is calling for Gov. Tim Walz and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, both Democrats, to resign amid the violet protests sparked by the death of George Floyd while in police custody. “We’ve watched for over a week as our governor of Minnesota and the Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey completely failed all the residents and citizens of Minneapolis and Minnesota,” Carnahan told “Fox & Friends First” on Tuesday, adding that the two have been “playing political games.” She went on to say that “it was unfortunate to see because it took three nights of full chaos, destruction of our city, burning down of a police precinct, rioting of businesses before they did anything and then their actions were very light and still contributed to continued chaos in Minneapolis.” Protests were sparked by the May 25 death of Floyd, the Minneapolis man who died in police custody May 25 after an officer kneeled on his neck for more than eight minutes in a moment caught on cellphone video. The officer, Derek Chauvin, was fired from the force and has been charged with third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the case. Crowds across the nation...