Sunday, Nov 27, 2022 - 11:27:20
84 results - (0.000 seconds)

I’m a coin collector:

latest news at page 1:
    IT'S possible your quarter could be worth as much as several thousands if has enough silver content, as noted by one coin collector. The Washington quarter has been in production since 1932. 2Silver quarters were supposed to be minted only up until 1964 2TikToker Bowers coins reveals how to tell if a coin features silver composition For a few decades, they consisted of 90% silver and 10% copper. The composition of the coins changed to about 92% copper and 8% nickel. This was a result of a law passed in the 1960s that ended and excluded silver from being produced on quarters and dimes, as bullion prices continued to rise. However, errors have occurred and you'll want to be on the lookout for some. READ MORE ON COINS COINING IT Your Lincoln penny could be worth more than $300,000COINING IT Your nickel could be worth up to $400,000 - the exact details to look for A coin collector, who goes by Bowers coins on TikTok, reveals what you need to look out for so you can...
    IF you look closely, you could have the exact features that make your nickel worth thousands. According to coin collector and TikToker Blake Alma, one previously sold for $3,400. 1Your Jefferson nickel must the S mintmark error to be of any monetary valueCredit: coinhub Blake goes by coinhub on TikTok and talks about all things collectibles: coins, dollars, and even baseball cards. With over 825,000 followers on the platform, he typically sticks to coins as he is a trove of knowledge. Recently, Blake took to TikTok and revealed what makes this Jefferson nickel valuable. So get out your nickels and check for these two factors: A 1954 date  An S mintmark error Read More on Rare CoinsCOINING IT Your Lincoln penny could be worth more than $300,000COINING IT I’m an coin expert – mark to look for that makes a half dollar worth a fortune The mintmark error In order for your nickel to be worth anything significant, you must have a particular mintmark error. To find the mintmark, flip the coin over to its back and...
    A COIN collector has revealed how one minting mistake skyrocketed the value of a 2000s quarter. TikTok user coinhub whose real name is Blake Alma showed the quarter that was recently sold for over $13,000. 2TikToker coinhub showed off a minting mistake that skyrocketed the value of a coinCredit: TikTok/@coinhub 2A penny was struck into a year 2000 quarter to create a rare coin that was sold for $13,200Credit: TikTok/@coinhub The influencer regularly posts videos about rare and valuable coins to his 800,000 TikTok followers. This time around he showed off a wild mistake that ended up being worth thousands. "This quarter is absolutely crazy," the TikToker said in the video. "It's a penny that was struck on a New Hampshire state quarter." read more on rare coinsSTATE OF MIND Most valuable state quarters worth up to $788 - see if you have one of themSILVER LINING Rare dollar coin sells for $12,850 online - how to spot it Indeed, the video shows a picture of the coin which appears to be a regular quarter with a penny stamped right...
    A COIN collector has revealed how one penny featuring Abraham Lincoln has sold for a lot more than its face value. Tiktok user Blueridgesilverhound, whose real first name is Shaun, shared that a penny from the '90s recently sold for over $19,200. 2Tiktok user Blueridgesilverhound shows off a penny worth $19,200Credit: TikTok 2This seemingly normal penny sold for almost $20,000Credit: TikTok The influencer regularly posts videos about rare and valuable coins to his almost 3,000 TikTok followers, and 269,000 YouTube subscribers. This time around he told his audience about a seemingly normal Lincoln penny that sold for almost $20,000 in September. The value lies in its condition. Shaun said the special coin is graded PCGS MS69RD - the only one of its kind. When it comes to collectible items like rare coins, grading is the best way to have them authenticated to increase their value. In the case of this 1995 penny, it is the only one that has been graded MS69RD, making it a hot commodity with collectors. Shaun even showed the Greatcollections.com website where the coin sold for...
    YOUR Lincoln penny could earn you up to $100K for having a few specific details, a coin collector revealed. This could apply to your 1969 penny, as noted by TikToker The Coin Guy in a recent video. 2The Coin Guy pointed out a rare double-dye error specific to a Lincoln 1969 'S' pennyCredit: TikTok/@the_coin_guy 2It's important to make sure that it's actually a double-dye and not a double-printCredit: TikTok/@the_coin_guy The coin collector often shares his knowledge about what makes certain coins valuable. Here's what he revealed about a 1969 penny. What to look for In this case, you'll want to make sure that you'll want to look out for an 'S' mark under the year. This stands for the mint location of San Fransisco. Read More On Rare CoinsMAKING A MINT I'm a coins expert - your dime could be worth significantly more than $250NUMISMATIC EXPERT My coin collection is worth $20k - how I got them and what to look for "You have to look for this because it can be worth over $100,000,"...
    A COIN collector has posted on social media about an old penny that could be worth thousands of dollars. Tiktok user thebowercoinshow, who goes by Bower, made a video showing exactly what to look for on your penny to know if it can be worth up to $14,400. 1Thebowercoinshow tells their viewers all about a rare 1972 pennyCredit: TikTok Bower posts about rare coins regularly to her audience of almost 14,000. In the video, she showed the exact details to look for on a 1972 penny that makes it worth thousands. Bower said that the 1972 can have doubling on the words "liberty" and "in god we trust" as well as on the 1972 itself. The doubling effect will cause the words and numbers to look slightly larger and a bit disfigured. Read More on Rare CoinsCOINING IT I'm a coin collector - how your quarter could be worth up to $6,000POCKET CHANGE I'm a coin buff - your nickel could be worth up to $4,000 She also added that this error coin is called the doubled die obverse error....
    A COIN collector has revealed which details you should look for on a dime and quarter that could make them worth a mint. Tiktok user thecoinchannel, whose real is name Eric Miller, recently shared how the coins from certain years can sell for up to $9,000. 1Coin collector Eric Miller uses his Tiktok account to teach people about rare coinsCredit: TikTok/@thecoinchannel The influencer uses his platform to educate his over four million followers on different rare coins. In this video, he showed the details to look for on quarters and dimes to know if the ones in your coin collection can be worth a fortune. Eric said 1964 was the last year the US Mint used 90% of silver to make quarters and dimes. This means any dimes or quarters that have the year 1965 on them and are made from silver are error coins, and therefore worth a ton of money. Read More on Rare CoinsPOCKET CHANGE I'm a coin collector - your nickel could be worth up to $8,000, look for thisSTRUCK GOLD I'm a coin enthusiast - exact detail to look...
    A HIGH school worker has revealed that he can make up to $1,000 a month from his side hustle alongside his full-time career. Beau Hunter, of Texas, spends his spare time flipping shoes and explained that savvy entrepreneurs can make whopping profit margins of up to 3,400 per cent on items. 2Beau Hunter spends his spare time flipping shoes alongside his role as a high school workerCredit: Side Hustle Nation He told Side Hustle Nation that shoe flippers can spot an item for $10 before selling them for more than $300. Hunter, who has a three-month-old child, admitted that he didn’t have much of an interest in fashion but thought shoes were a good item to flip after spotting pairs for sale online and in thrift stores. The first pair of shoes that he flipped were ones that he didn’t wear at home. Hunter revealed he uses eBay to sell his items and juggles his side hustle alongside his career as a band director. read more on side hustlesCASH IN I turned my side hustle into a $735,000-a-year...
    A COIN collector has highlighted a specific half dollar that could be worth thousands if it features a couple of elements.  Since 1964, the US Mint has been producing Kennedy half dollars.  2There are a couple of things to look for on a 1964 Kennedy half dollar 2Take a close look at the "I" in "LIBERTY" Even though demand over time from collectors on half dollars has declined, there are some valuable pieces in the series to be on the look for.  A TikToker, who goes by Treasure Town, has explained why one could be worth up to $17,400. His content on his channel consists of coin collecting tips from sharing knowledge about valuable bills and other coins.  Here’s what you need to look for on your Kennedy half dollars. READ MORE ON COINSSILVER LINING I’m a coin collector - your 50 cent coin could be worth up to $48,000 COINING IT I’m a collector – the spacing that could make your dollar coin worth $7,000 What to look for This specific coin will bear a 1964 date, which is the first year the Kennedy...
    A COIN collector has taken to social media to reveal the errors that could make your dollar coin worth a fortune. Coin expert Eric Miller, who's known as thecoinchannel on Tiktok, recently showed what can make a Sacagawea coin worth $144,000. 6Coin collected Eric Miller uses his Tiktok account to show off rare coins.Credit: TikTok The influencer regularly posts videos about rare and expensive coins to his over four million followers. His videos often feature coins that are common enough that anyone could have them and not even realize how valuable they are. The US Mint issued the Sacagawea golden dollar from 2000 to 2008, featuring Sacagawea on the obverse and an eagle on the reverse. The obverse also has the text "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and the year minted on it. Read More on Rare CoinsCOINING IT I'm a coin collector - how your quarter could be worth up to $6,000COINING IT I'm a coin collector - your penny could be worth up to $4,000 While the reverse features the typical coin inscriptions of "United States of America",...
    A COIN collector has revealed certain details that could make your $1 denomination worth as much as $7,000.  The production of the dollar piece dates back to 1794 when it featured an image of Liberty with flowing hair on the obverse.  2The 1979 Susan B Anthony dollar coin could be valuable 2There are two varieties to look out for Since then, there are some dollar coins existence that are worth more than their original $1 denomination.  A TikToker, who goes by “The_Coin_Guy,” makes several videos sharing his knowledge on other valuable coins including Lincoln and Jefferson pieces. This time, he broke down what’s so special about a particular dollar coin in the Susan B Anthony series. Here’s what he had to say. READ MORE ON COINS FUNNY MONEY I'm a money collector - see detail that makes a $20 bill worth up to $400,000SWEET FIND I'm a coin expert - find exact details to get a 'double die' penny worth $15,000 What is the coin and what’s it worth?  The date you’ll want to keep an eye out for in the series is 1979. This is because there are two varieties:...
    LIDL has announced plans to slash prices on more than 100 products in a fresh bid to help out cash strapped shoppers.   The bargain supermarket chain said it would be rolling out inflation busting price cuts on items in store – with some dropping as low as $1.29. 1Lidl is cutting prices on more than 100 products in storeCredit: Getty According to Supermarket News, the drop will come into effect on September 28 and run throughout the fall. It is cutting prices on customer favourites including noodles, tea, dessert bars and organic bread. A list released by the store showed that an in house pizza margherita is set to be reduced by $1.04, while lobster cakes will be lowered by $0.73. Coffee beans will also drop by $0.50, along with shrimp risotto and lobster tails. Read more on STORE SAVINGS Cheapest grocery store for 183 items revealed - you can save $100s a monthNUMBER ONE Supermarket named best for inflation-busting prices - it’s not Walmart or Kroger Plus, wheat biscuits will now be as cheap as $1.29 - saving...
    A MONEY collector on social media has shared a video about a $20 bill worth a fortune. Tiktok user thecoinchannel, whose real name is Eric Miller, posted about the bill with an error so rare it's sold for nearly $400,000. 1Thecoinchannel shows what makes this $20 bill worth almost $400,000.Credit: TikTok The influencer uses his platform to educate his over four million followers on different rare coins and other forms of currency. He often highlights pieces of money that feature errors, but this bill is unlike anything else he has posted about before. In his video, Eric showed a $20 bill from the year 1996 with an error that he said might be hard for some people to believe. The bill in question looks like a normal $20 bill, except for the fact that it somehow got printed with a Del Monte banana sticker on it. Read More on Rare MoneyCASHIN’ IN I’m a coin expert - your $20 bill may be worth $1,000 with this serial numberCOIN KING My rare coin collection is worth over $100,000 - how to spot them in...
    RECENTLY, a coin collector has revealed the exact details on a Kennedy Half Dollar that made it worth $48,000. Eric Miller is a collector and expert who goes by the name the_coin_guy on TikTok. 3Eric Miller is a coin collector and expert with over 4.3million TikTok followersCredit: thecoinchannel 3This drip on the number four is an error that can be worth up to $48,000Credit: thecoinchannel He typically posts videos about all kinds of coins and the exact details on what makes them rare or valuable. Recently, he posted a TikTok sharing every major factor regarding the value of Kennedy Half Dollars. Eric broke it down into three elements: composition, key dates, and valuable errors. But first, a little history behind the coins. Read More on Rare CoinsHEAD OF STEEL I’m a coin collector – the 1940s penny that could be worth more than $100,000COINING IT I'm a coin collector - your penny could be worth up to $4,000 The Kennedy Half Dollar These coins were made shortly after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963. The obverse depicts...
    A COIN collector on social media recently shared a video about a found coin worth a fortune. Tiktok user thecoinchannel, real name Eric Miller, posted a video to his account about a penny one of his followers found that could be worth over $100,000. 1A video of a steel penny sent to thecoinchannel by a fanCredit: TIKTOK/thecoinchannel The influencer uses his platform to educate his over four million followers on different rare coins. In this video, he showed a steel penny from 1943 that one of his followers found in a CoinStar machine. After showing the penny on screen, Eric broke down what details the penny needs to have to be wroth thousands of dollars. Eric showed that plenty of steel pennies sell for $200 and up in the past, but as is the case with many rare coins, the date on the coin plays a big role. Read More on Rare CoinsMAKING A MINT I'm a coins expert - your dime could be worth significantly more than $250POCKET CHANGE I'm a coin collector - your nickel could be worth up...
    A COIN collector has shown off a penny that could be worth thousands but you’ll need to look out for a couple of elements. This applies to the Lincoln penny, which has been struck by the US Mint since 1909. 2Coin collector revealed a penny that has a 1960 date that could be worth thousands 2You'll want to look out for a couple of errors Like all other coins, the most valuable ones typically feature low mintage, errors, or are in high grades. A collector, who goes by “coinhub” on TikTok or Blake Alma has broken down why a particular penny might be worth thousands. Here is what you need to look for, according to Blake, who often shares his knowledge to his 816,000 followers about other valuable coins as well including ones with the Jefferson and Washington designs. What to look for The exact date on the penny is 1960, which can be found in the bottom right on the front of the penny. READ MORE ON COINS COINING IT Most valuable Jefferson nickels revealed - do you one worth up to $5,200?ERROR COIN Rare Washington quarter struck...
    COINS with certain elements could be worth a ton of money, as revealed by a collector on a quarter that could sell for as much as $6,000.  Quarters have been struck by the US Mint since 1976.  2State quarters were produced from 1999 to 2008 2On the Wisconsin design, you'll want to check and see if there is an extra leaf Like with all coins, they could be rare if they have a uniqueness, which includes low mintage, errors and key dates.  A collector, who goes by “The­_Coin_Guy on TikTok, often shares his knowledge about rare coins and what makes them so valuable. This time, he has revealed a certain Washington quarter that you’ll want to be on the lookout for in your pocket change.  What to look for The quarter features the Wisconsin design from the state quarter series. READ MORE ON COINSPRETTY PENNY I’m a coin collector - a penny sold for $336,000 - what to look forGOOD EYE I’m a coin collector – how to find a ‘double die’ Lincoln penny worth $1,000s Struck between 1999 to 2008, each state was given its own unique...
    YOU might have a quarter lying in your piggy bank worth hundreds of dollars. If you have a specific Wyoming quarter, this could be worth up to $425, TikToker the_coin_guy recently shared with followers. 1This state quarter in your piggy bank is likely worth hundreds of dollarsCredit: TikTok/@the_coin_guy, PCGS Not all Wyoming quarters are made the same, and the year is the first thing to look at to determine their value. You might have this valuable coin if it was minted in 2007, which means it'll have that year scribed upon it. The Coin Guy added it should also have a "P" mintmark on the right-hand side, which means it was minted in Philadelphia. On the other side, look closely at the cowboy on a horse who's holding onto a saddle. Read more about coinsSILVER LINING Valuable and rare Lincoln penny coins explained - they're worth up to $2,300COINING IT Most valuable quarters in circulation worth up to $9,500 What's important is if you see any doubling on that part of the coin. This refers to the duplicate...
    A COIN collector has opened up about why certain pocket change can fetch an enormous sum, and it all has to do with man-made errors from the past. The expert and coin collector, who goes by the name the_coin_guy on TikTok, shared how a 1958 Lincoln penny sold for six figures. 2This particular penny sold for $336,000 on PCGSCredit: the_coin_guy 2The details to look for are the Double Die error found on the obverseCredit: the_coin_guy The collector, who typically posts videos about all kinds of coins and the exact details on what makes them rare or valuable, said to look for one thing in particular: the Doubled Die Obverse. Double die refers to an error that happens during the strike process making these pennies very valuable. The exact details to look for Altogether, there are three things to watch for with this particular penny: the date, missing mintmark, the words LIBERTY, and IN GOD WE TRUST. Read More on Rare CoinsCOINING IT I’m a coin collector - your 1964 quarter could be worth nearly $500MAKING A MINT I'm a...
    ALL of us have spare change around the house but take a close look because your quarters could be worth nearly $500. First, you have to narrow it down to quarters from 1964 missing an exact detail. 4Missing details on a 1964 quarter could make it worth more money Coin collector, known as the_coin_guy on TikTok, explained the exact details to look for. He shared with his more than 35,000 followers that a 1964 quarter could be worth nearly $500 but it has to have certain details. Mint mark 4The_coin_guy said you do not want your quarter to have a mint markCredit: TikTok-the_coin_guy The_coin_guy said what you're looking for on a 1964 quarter is the mint mark. Read more coin storiesPOCKET CHANGE I'm a coin collector - your nickel could be worth up to $8,000, look for thisPRETTY PENNY I’m a coin collector – your 90s Lincoln penny could be worth up to $1,000 You want to check if it has a Denver mint mark on the back. You will know this if you find a "D" above the "R"...
    A COIN collector recently shared his knowledge about a nickel that could fetch up to $8,000. TikTok user Blake Alma, who uses the handle Coinhub, recently posted a video on what to look for to know if you've struck gold. 3TikToker and coin collector Blake Alma, who uses the handle Coinhub said the right 1971 nickel may be worth up to $8,000 if you know what to look forCredit: TikTok/Coinhub The influencer uses his TikTok platform to educate his over 800,000 followers on different rare coins. Blake said the coin in question is worth an estimated $8,000. He started his video by saying to empty out your coin jar because if you find one it will be well worth your while. What to look for He pointed out on his computer screen exactly what to be on the hunt for. 3Looking through your pocket change or coin jar could net you thousands of dollarsCredit: TikTok/@Coinhub More on rare coinsNUMISMATIC EXPERT My coin collection is worth $20k - how I got them and what to look forSILVER LINING Antique silver dollar...
    A COIN collector recently shared his knowledge about a penny that could be worth millions. Tiktok user TheCoinChannel, whose real first name is Eric, showed what to look for on pennies to know if you've struck gold. 1The 1974 penny is a multi-million dollar coin with a twistCredit: TikTok/thecoinchannel The influencer uses his platform to educate his over 4.2million followers on different rare coins. Eric said the penny in question is worth an estimated $2million. However, despite its high value, the penny is technically illegal to own as it's considered to be government property. Federal authorities haven't been in a hurry to confiscate them, according to Coinworld, but it's important for sellers to know. Read More on Rare CoinsSILVER LINING Valuable and rare Lincoln penny coins explained - they're worth up to $2,300CHA CHING I'm a coin expert - three features on a Roosevelt dime to make it worth $456,000 According to Eric, the penny was part of an experiment done by the US Mint in the 1970s to bring down production costs of pennies. To do this, it tried...
    A COIN collector recently showed off a one dollar bill that he claims can be worth up to $2000. The video posted by TikTok user Eric Miller, who goes by TheCoinChannel, pointed out the serial number to look for on the one dollar bill to know if you've got the same valuable bill. 1A bill from 1985 could be worth big moneyCredit: TikTok / thecoinchannel In the video posted to his over four million followers, Eric showed what it is about the bill that makes it so valuable. He started his video by saying that a fan of his recently inherited a collection from their grandfather and decided to look through to see what was there. From there, Eric showed the video that his follower sent to him in which she showed a dollar bill with the serial number 00000002. The bill is visibly a bit beat up, but is kept in a protective case to prevent any further damage. Read More on Rare CoinsPRETTY PENNY I’m a coin collector – your 90s Lincoln penny could be worth up to $1,000CHA CHING I'm...
    CERTAIN elements could boost the value of your one-cent denominations – and one coin collector reveals what to look for on a 1990s penny that could make it worth up to $1,000. When it comes to the Lincoln penny, there are a few designs to look out for. 3The coin collector often shares his knowledge about rare coins 3This time, he reveals what to look for on a penny with a 1992 date This includes the wheat ears, memorial and shield penny varieties. As with all coins, the most valuable ones in the series typically have errors, low mintage or a high grade. But a TikToker, who goes by Bowers coins has broken down what's so special about a particular 1990s penny. He is a coin collector who shares his knowledge about other rare coins including dimes, quarters and nickels as well. READ MORE ON COINS COINING IT Rare 1896 quarter sells for over $1,300 - the exact element to look forSILVER LINING Rare circulated quarter sells for $1,780 online - the exact elements to spot...
    A COIN collector recently showed off a quarter that he claims is worth $2000. The video posted by TikTok user CoinHub pointed out the details to look for on your quarters to know if you've got the same valuable coin. 2Tiktok user CoinHub showed off a quarter worth thousandsCredit: TikTok/coinhub In the video posted to his almost 800,000 followers CoinHub, real first name Blake, showed what it is about a certain quarter that makes it worth thousands. The quarter in question is the 2004 Wisconsin state quarter, which features a cow, a wheel of cheese, and an ear of corn on the tails side. But Blake said that the thing that makes the coin valuable is the leaf on the corn. Like with many rare coins, the value lies in an error that was later corrected, making coins featuring the error harder to find, and therefore worth more. Read More on Rare CoinsSTRUCK GOLD What is the double eagle coin and what makes it worth up to $18.9millionPRETTY PENNY I'm a coin pro - your Lincoln penny could be worth up to $20,000...
    COINS could potentially be worth thousands depending on certain elements it features, as revealed by a collector on one penny. There are a few reasons why a coin could be considered rare. 2The coin collector often shares his knowledge about pennies 2You'll want to look closely at two letters on one penny from the 1990s This includes low mintage, errors as well as grade and condition. If you think you have something of value, finding a date and seeing if it has a letter mark or not could help you determine that yourself. However, sometimes there is a little bit extra that you need to look out for on one Lincoln penny minted in the 1990s. It was explained by coin collector and Tiktoker “professorpenny.” As the name indicates, he makes videos pertaining to his knowledge of certain pennies. He also searches through coin rolls to see if he can find anything of value. Here’s what he shares in a recent video about a penny that could be worth $1,500 or more. What is the penny?  First, the exact date you’ll want to look out for is...
    THERE are certain elements on coins to look out for that could potentially make them worth thousands. Oftentimes, Americans will subconsciously pass through potentially valuable coins each day. 2The coin collector reveals what what could make a 1980s penny worth thousands 2You'll want to look for a doubling error on the obverse side of the coin A common place is within your spare change – whether that’s in a coin jar, cupholders, or underneath the sofa. The most valuable pieces feature key dates, errors, or high grades. In particular, there’s something special about a Lincoln penny with a 1980s date. A coin collector, who goes by Treasure Town on TikTok revealed why in a recent video. READ MORE ON COINSANTIQUE COIN Rare quarter with key elements sells for $2,250 - what to look for to find oneSILVER LINING Rare half dollar sells for $2,225 online - the exact elements to have Why it’s valuable The exact date is 1988, meaning the Lincoln memorial design is present on the reverse. This was meant to honor the 150th anniversary of the former President’s birth. But most importantly, you’ll want to...
    A PURSE collector is proving you don't need expensive handbags to spice up your look. TikTok user Moriah Dycus showed off her collection of 100s of funky purses - from a porcelain doll to a mashed potato. 3A purse collector is showing off her handbags while sharing the message that you don't need expensive bags to make a statement (file photo)Credit: Getty 3This binder clip bag is one of her many odd pursesCredit: TIKTOK/moriahdycus 3A mashed potato purse is another interesting findCredit: TIKTOK/moriahdycus The video was created in response to a prompt asking about the funniest purses people own. First up was a metal trash can purse, zipping at the lid. The next was a Clorox wipe purse, which said it killed “99 percent bad vibes" and was complete with a safety guarantee of pink Glitter and confetti.  There were also binder clips and hair dryer purses. Read more on PursesDITCH THE DIRT I'm a shopping pro - my Amazon product cleans your purse and is under $15TRENDY TIPS I have big boobs, how to dress with a big bust...
    COIN collecting offers a unique challenge for those hoping to find a rare piece of history. Coins don't have to be ancient for them to be worth something. 2This 1992 penny has sold for $5,000Credit: TikTok/coinhub 2This is considered to be one of the most rare pennies among collectorsCredit: TikTok/coinhub Things like misprints can make a coin from any point in time very valuable. A great example of this is the 1992 Close AM Penny. Although it's literally just a cent, one of these pennies sold for $5,000 on eBay in January. In a TikTok, Blake Alma of @CoinHub explained how to spot one of these. Read more on rare coinsEYE FOR DETAIL I'm a coin collector - the three exact marks to look for SILVER LINING Rare half dollar sells for $4,150 – the exact date and grade to look for Finding this rare coin A penny from the 1990s sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to find, but these are extremely rare. The Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS) explained the Close AM...
    SOME coins can be worth more than a pretty penny. For the 1966 Double Die Obverse Lincoln Cent, its value is much higher. 1Valuable coins typically have some type of error like this double die Coin expert by the name of thebowerscoinshow on TikTok has tons of videos educating other collectors on what makes certain coins more valuable than others. She typically focuses on one coin per video. She'll look at pennies, nickels, and quarters and then meticulously detail the exact factors to look for when searching through your spare change. Recently, she posted a video on TikTok explaining why a particular 1966 penny was worth $650. Read More on Double Die CoinsSILVER LINING Rare silver coin sells for $2,550 online - what to look for to find one tooGOOD EYE I’m a coin collector – how to find a ‘double die’ Lincoln penny worth $1,000s Check for double dies The expert said to watch for three things: the date, the words LIBERTY, and the words IN GOD WE TRUST. If any of these three parts have doubling on them, you could...
    YOU may have a penny sitting in your spare change that’s worth hundreds of dollars. When it comes to the Lincoln penny, there are a couple of key dates that can be quite valuable. 2The coin expert noted the value on 2021 Lincoln pennies could be worth up to $800 2You'll want to look out for a crack that runs through Lincoln's body This includes the 1909-S (San Francisco) VDB penny and 1914 date. Depending on the grade, those rare coins could be worth hundreds or thousands thanks to their low mintages. But those are older dates. If you have a Lincoln penny with a 2021 date, coin connoisseur Blake Alma explained in a recent video what you need to look out for to find a valuable piece. READ MORE ON COINSGOOD EYE I'm a coin expert - the elements to look for to find a $1,000 Jefferson piece GOOD EYE I’m a coin collector – how to find a ‘double die’ Lincoln penny worth $1,000s What you need to look for  In 2021, there were nearly 4billion Lincoln pennies struck by the Philadelphia mint. However, there are ones...
    WHILE most rare US coins were minted in the 18th, 19th, or 20th century, there are some pieces minted this year that carry value. Coin collectors have noticed that certain 2022 Lincoln pennies bear signs of a "die clash" error, meaning they could be worth more than $100 in an auction. 1TikTok user thebowerscoinshow showed off what to look for to spot a 2022 die clash error cent Dies are the metal pieces used to strike blank coin planchets and leave images engraved on them. Clash errors occur when heads and tails dies collide with one another without a blank coin in between, damaging one or both dies. The clash can leave imprints of one die's design on the other, leading to images from a coin's reverse side appearing faintly on the obverse or vice versa. These coins can be more or less expensive depending on how clearly the clash appears. READ MORE ON RARE COINSCERTIFIED COIN Rare penny sells for $14,155 after huge bidding war – why it’s so valuableKEY DATE Rare circulated nickel sells for $1,730...
    THERE is one particular error that you need to look out for when going through your jar change. Errors happen when the mint incorrectly manufactures a coin, leading to irrational elements. 2You'll want to look out for a specific date 2Most importantly you'll want to look out for a few doubling elements Some common errors include die errors, wrong planchets, and off-center errors.  One of them, in particular, is the double die error and a coin collector who goes by “thebowerscoinshow” on TikTok has revealed how you can spot one on a specific Lincoln penny. What is the double die error and how to spot it?  A double die error can be found on various coins. But one included on a penny with a 1970 date could be particularly valuable. READ MORE ON COINS HEAD OF STEEL What is the 1944 Lincoln penny and what makes it worth $1.1millionSILVER LINING I'm a coin expert - the detail to look for to spot nickels worth up to $880 The error refers to the duplicate of particular elements on the coin. If you happen to find a 1970 date,...
    A NICKEL sporting the face of President Thomas Jefferson recently sold for $158.50 - a whopping 316,900% increase of its face value. Most coins gain value because they feature evident errors, were in low circulation, or have survived in great condition. 2To the untrained eye, a Henning nickel will look like any other five-cent coin 2The lack of a mintmark above Monticello and the indented "R" in Pluribus indicate that this is a unique and valuable counterfeit Jefferson nickels generally tend not to be worth much, especially compared to rare quarters dimes, half dollars, and pennies. This 1944 Jefferson nickel, however, is unique even among rare coins - because it's a fake. The counterfeit nickel The Henning Jefferson nickel is named for Francis LeRoy Henning, a notorious American counterfeiter. READ MORE ON RARE COINSBUSTED DIME Rare circulated dime sells for $3,355 - do you have one in your spare change?SILVER LINING Rare Lincoln penny sells for $386 online - is there one in your piggy bank? Henning was jailed in the 1930s for printing fake $5 bills, a serious and...