Saturday, Aug 13, 2022 - 09:27:48
87 results - (0.005 seconds)

stranger’s home:

latest news at page 1:
    Police are investigating a residential burglary in which the resident was at home while it was in progress in Fairfield County and confronted the man. The incident was reported to police around 8:30 a.m., Thursday, June 10, at a home on Ridgeley Street, in Darien. When officers arrived on the scene, the woman said she was on the second floor when she saw an unknown white man coming up the stairs of her home, said Darien Police Sgt. James Palmieri. When confronted, the man said he was delivering a package. The woman then told him she wasn't expecting a package and instructed him to leave, which he did. Based on a preliminary investigation, it was determined that there were no threats made, nothing was taken from or disturbed within the residence, and there are no apparent connections between the homeowner and the suspect, Palmieri said. The man was described as a white male wearing dark pants and a gray sweatshirt and was seen driving away in a newer model gray BMW. Palmieri said the incident appears to be an isolated, random event which leads investigators to...
    A single woman fears a stranger is secretly living in her home after she came home from work and found clumps of unexplained brown hair in her shower.  Mia Aurora Powell, from Utah, documented the alleged discovery in a now viral TikTok video, stressing that she is the only one who lives in her home and uses her shower. 'Whenever s**t happens to me, my first thing that I think about is "I better make a TikTok about this." So this is what I'm doing,' she said, whispering in her bathroom.   Scroll down for video  Scary: Mia Aurora Powell, from Utah, revealed on TikTok that she fears a stranger is living in her home after making a shocking discovery in her bathroom Yikes: The TikToker claimed she found clumps of brown hair in her shower, both on the wall and at the bottom of the tub Powell explained that she lives alone and rarely has visitors, saying her friends will 'come over occasionally,' but she mostly goes to their houses.   'Nobody uses my shower, OK? Nobody,' she insisted.   ...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami/CNN) – Who is that guy? The Collier County Sheriff’s Office said a Naples teen mistook his ex-girlfriend’s residence and walked into the wrong home. He was eventually discovered in the bathroom by the owner who was ready to take a shower. Alan Osorio-Martinez, 18, of Naples, told the owner he was at the wrong house. He then hid in the bathtub, witnesses told deputies. READ MORE: Deadly Double Shooting In Brownsville Neighborhood The woman’s boyfriend threw Osorio-Martinez out of the house and authorities were called. Deputies discovered the teen did have texts from an ex-girlfriend saying she was leaving a door open for him. READ MORE: Florida Man Accused Of Dragging Man He Hit With Car, Dumping Body At Bait Shop Coincidentally, the home Osorio-Martinez entered had a front door that did not close all the way due to construction on the frame, according to the woman living at the home. Deputies said due to the teen’s statements it was determined he did not intend to commit a burglary. This entire situation could have ended tragically for the...
    Paramus police turned to the public for help Tuesday following a pair of troubling incidents involving children and a spiky-haired stranger in an SUV. Authorities aren’t sure whether they the driver who approached a 10-year-old girl Monday is the same one who frightened an 8-year-old boy riding his bike last month. The girl was walking on Van Binsberger Boulevard near Midland Avenue, her parents told police, when a man in what was described as a “jungle-looking,” dark-colored SUV – possibly a Jeep Wrangler – pulled up to her around 3:20 p.m., Police Chief Kenneth Ehrenberg said. “Do you want a ride?” she said he asked. The girl ran home and told her parents, Ehrenberg said. She described the stranger as white, heavyset, possibly in his 30s or 40s and maybe wearing a blue-and-white checked shirt. “He had spikey hair with a fade on the sides,” the chief said the girl told police. This followed an April 8 incident, around 1:45 p.m., near the corner of Azalea Street and Roosevelt Boulevard, Ehrenberg said. The boy told police he was riding his...
    Paramus police turned to the public for help Tuesday following a pair of troubling incidents involving children and a spiky-haired stranger in an SUV. Authorities aren’t sure whether they the driver who approached a 10-year-old girl Monday is the same one who frightened an 8-year-old boy riding his bike last month. The girl was walking on Van Binsberger Boulevard near Midland Avenue, her parents told police, when a man in what was described as a “jungle-looking,” dark-colored SUV – possibly a Jeep Wrangler – pulled up to her around 3:20 p.m., Police Chief Kenneth Ehrenberg said. “Do you want a ride?” she said he asked. The girl ran home and told her parents, Ehrenberg said. She described the stranger as white, heavyset, possibly in his 30s or 40s and maybe wearing a blue-and-white checked shirt. “He had spikey hair with a fade on the sides,” the chief said the girl told police. This followed an April 8 incident, around 1:45 p.m., near the corner of Azalea Street and Roosevelt Boulevard, Ehrenberg said. The boy told police he was riding his...
    A FLORIDA couple tried to host their dream wedding at a mansion on the market for years thinking it would be empty for their wedding day - until the owner showed up and called the cops on them. Nathan Finkel, the owner of a sprawling 16,313-square-foot mansion in Southwest Ranches, showed up to his house one day to find groom Courtney Wilson and another person on his property setting up for Wilson's wedding. 6A couple scheduled their wedding at a house they thought was vacant without the owner's permissionCredit: realtor.com 6Wilson and Jones said it was God's message they host their wedding thereCredit: zola.com To Finkel's surprise, Wilson claimed it was "God's message" that he and his bride Shenita Jones were to hold their wedding there. An unimpressed Finkel called the cops to get them off his property. "I have people trespassing on my property," Finkel told a 911 dispatcher. "And they keep harassing me, calling me. They say they’re having a wedding here and it’s God’s message." "I don’t know what’s going on. All I want is [for] it...
    A 55-year-old woman was killed by a ‘depraved and ruthless’ trucker who then moved into her home and constructed a lie about her disappearance. The body of Julie Anne Cooper was found dumped in a gully in bushland in Ashendon, east of Perth. She’d been sexually assaulted and strangled. 6Mathew Mark Hemsley, 34, was found guilty by a jury of murdering 55-year-old Julie Anne CooperCredit: Facebook 6Julie Anne Cooper, 55, was found dumped in a gully in bushland east of PerthCredit: Facebook The judge that convicted Mathew Hemsley of the crime described the killer as “depraved and ruthless”. Julie had been living alone when she met the 34-year-old truck driver, at the Saint George Hotel in Innaloo, Perth. He mentioned that he needed to charge his mobile phone, and Julie offered to let him do it in her car, the Daily Star reported. The next thing her neighbours knew, Mathew had moved into her home in Doubleview, a suburb of Perth, and was telling people he was looking after it for Julie while she was away with her boyfriend. One...
    AN 89-year-old woman was taken to the wrong house and tucked up in a complete stranger’s bed in an ambulance blunder. Elizabeth Mahoney had been battling Covid-19 at Pontypool’s County Hospital, in Wales, for 10 weeks before she was discharged on Friday, March 12. ???? Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest updates 2Elizabeth Mahoney, pictured with her late husband Kenneth 2Elizabeth was taken to an address in Newport; more than eight miles away from where she lived Her family was relieved to hear she was on the way home, but began to get concerned when she failed to show up at her home in nearby New Inn, at the scheduled time. After a frantic few hours it transpired she'd instead been taken by ambulance to an address in Newport - more than eight miles away from where she lived - and left in the bed of a total stranger. Her son, Brian Mahoney, told Wales Online the whole thing was a “catalogue of errors” from start to finish. "We'd originally been called at about 1pm on that day and told mum...
    A 54-year-old woman was allegedly stabbed to death in Pennsylvania by a Facebook Marketplace seller purportedly looking to get rid of their refrigerator. The suspect in the alleged stabbing was arrested in Geistown on Tuesday and charged with criminal homicide, the same day Williams was found with multiple stab wounds.  Joshua Gorgone, 26, has been arrested and charged with criminal homicide Denise Williams, 54, was planning on buying a new fridge for her boyfriend, Guy Eldridge, as a gift. She went to the apartment of Joshua Gorgone, 26, after he listed a fridge on the Facebook Marketplace. Gorgone told detectives that he stabbed Williams with a kitchen knife following a dispute over how much the fridge should cost.  An autopsy revealed defensive wounds, suggesting there was a struggle before Williams was killed. 'She did put up one heck of a fight,' said Cambria County Coroner Jeff Lees. 'This was a violent death that she sustained.' Williams was found within Gorgone's apartment after being reported missing the previous night.  Police were able to find Williams by tracking her phone, as well...
    Authorities in New Mexico have released body camera footage showing a seemingly disoriented intruder being discovered sleeping in a woman's bedroom. The home invasion took place in Albuquerque back in January, but the local police department released footage documenting the incident only this week.  Police responded to a residence off of I-25 in southeast Albuquerque just before 1am on January 12 after received a report about a burglary in progress. Scroll down for video  Martin Copeland, 48, has been charged with breaking and entering in New Mexico after being caught sleeping in a homeowner's bed  Albuquerque Police Department released body camera footage from the January arrest this week Video shows a police officer waking Copeland up from his slumber. The 48-year-old, seen wearing a mask, appears disoriented   The homeowner said she had returned to the house home to find a stranger in her bedroom, reported KRQE. 'I came in and they were just sitting there,' she tells an officer. 'They were just sitting there in one of my bedrooms.' Newly released body camera video shows the...
    NASHUA, N.H. (CBS) – A New Hampshire homeowner restrained a stranger who allegedly broke into the home and assaulted the resident. Around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday, a man called 911 after a stranger forced entry into his Nashua house. READ MORE: Boston Public Schools Resume In-Person Learning For Students In Grades 4 Through 8 Stefan Baringer. (Image Credit: Nashua Police) When officers arrived, they found the resident restraining the suspect, identified as Stefan Baringer, 37, of Nashua. READ MORE: Lowell Police Ask For Help Finding Missing Woman Sinead Lyons Police found Baringer had also allegedly damaged “an abundance” of property in the home. MORE NEWS: Stoughtons Lori McKenna Takes Home Grammy As The Highwomen Win Best Country Song Baringer was charged with burglary and criminal mischief.
    THE family of Sarah Everard was rocked last night by news that human remains had been found in woodland. Hopes that the marketing executive would be found alive dwindled just after 8pm when the grim discovery was announced by Met chief Cressida Dick. ???? Follow our live blog for the latest developments on the case of missing Sarah Everard 22Sarah Everard, 33, vanished as she walked home from a friend's home in Clapham last weekCredit: Metropolitan Police 22Wayne Couzens, 48, has been arrested on suspicion of murder after Sarah Everard disappearedCredit: SWNS:South West News Service Family members had earlier spoken of their shock after a police officer was arrested in connection with Sarah’s disappearance. Uncle Nick Everard claimed Sarah did not know arrested officer Wayne Couzens and the family were baffled as to how he was linked to her disappearance. Dad-of-four Nick, 62, of Coventry, said: “She would never have taken a lift with a stranger. "She was sensible. She didn’t know him and she wouldn’t have voluntarily got into a car. I’m trying to work out what has happened. “I don’t...
    "Roseanne" revolves around the working-class Conners family in Illinois. ABC/Adam Rose We identified the most famous TV show set in every state by looking at awards, reviews, and cultural impact. Some are old classics, like the Bob Newhart sitcom "Newhart" or "Mary Tyler Moore." Others are new, like "Stranger Things." Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Some TV shows, like "Breaking Bad," really play up the location in which they are set — everyone knows where they were filmed. Others, like "Roseanne," could technically be anywhere. However, every single US state has been home to an iconic TV show — from Indiana being the site of "Stranger Things" to Pennsylvania being home of "The Office." We looked at how many awards any given show has won or was nominated for using IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes, as well as its cultural impact in today's world to determine the most famous TV show in every state. Keep scrolling to see what show your home state is known for. Adriana Belmonte contributed to a previous version of this article.
    Loading the player... A couple in Texas welcomed a delivery woman into their home for the past six days who was left stranded due to the devastating winter storm. Chelsea Timmons shared in a now-viral post on Facebook that she was “stranded with a stranger,” on Valentine’s Day after making her final delivery stop amid the storm that has devasted the Lone Star State. The weekend job is to help her make extra money and her final H-E-B grocery stop order was at 11 a.m. Read More: Rep. Bennie Thompson on why Texas disaster is a ‘national security issue’ Chelsea Timmons with Nina Richardson and Doug Condon who opened up their home to her after she was left stranded by the winter storm (Credit: Timmons) However, when she arrived at the Austin home of Nina Richardson and Doug Condon, her car began slipping downhill in front of their yard. “I closed my eyes and every imaginable worse case scenario flashed through my head. Then I opened my eyes to see the car roll into their flowerbed, hit their...
    HOLLY Willoughby was stunned when a This Morning caller revealed she's pregnant and engaged to stranger she met on dating app. The 39-year-old presenter could not conceal her shock at the viewer's speedy lockdown romance in today's show. 5Holly was so excited for pregnant GemmaCredit: ITV Holly was over the moon to hear Gemma from Suffolk's news on the show. She screamed out: "Oh my goodness me, congratulations! "This is incredible. I mean, this is love against the odds." Mum-of-one Gemma told her story to Holly, Phil and agony aunt Deidre during a segment on love in lockdown. 5Holly wanted to hear her love storyCredit: ITV She said: "Me and my partner Max, we started talking on a dating site back in lockdown. "For a couple of months. August came and the restrictions were lifted. He was happy to come this way a bit more. He stayed more and more and sort of didn't really go home. "A couple of months passed and he asked me to marry him." Phil, on the edge of his seat, said "And?" 5Phil was on...
    The man who fatally shot his mother in East Harlem this week later fired shots at a stranger as he fled the scene, according to authorities. Musa Camara, 22, shot his mother, Jaiteh Fatuuomat, just after 9 a.m. Tuesday inside the Lehman Houses on East 108th Street near Park Avenue, according to cops.    She was struck in the eye, police sources said.  Camara took off after the shooting and wound up on East 110th Street, where he randomly fired three times at a 29-year-old stranger who was simply trying to enter his home, according to cops and the sources.  Camara missed, and hit the building instead, the sources said.  Police finally stopped him on Madison Avenue between East 108th and 109th streets.  Once he was taken to the police station, he began acting bizarrely, removing all his clothing inside the cells, cops said. He was initially taken to Metropolitan Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation, but later charged with second-degree murder, according to police. Fatuuomat, 39, had an order of protection against her son, and a domestic violence...
    A terrified mom found a stranger had been living in her roof for three weeks after spotting objects mysteriously moving in her house.  Monica Green, from Rockhampton in Queensland, Australia, noticed something was amiss when she saw things were out of place in her home.  Soon after, the mom-of-three found her security camera system had been disabled. At first Green dismissed her concerns – but after returning home from a doctor’s appointment on Monday she knew something was wrong. Entering her house, the mom found the air conditioning on, the back door open and a half cooked meal of chicken nuggets.  The mom immediately called the police who discovered the attic hatch on the top floor was ajar.  Green told the Courier Mail: “I felt like it was something out of a horror film.  “I’m meant to be the one that protected them (her children) and I feel like I’ve failed.”  The mom believes the person who snuck into her attic stole her keys in order to enter the house – she has now changed the locks.  Speaking to the...
    A TERRIFIED mum found a stranger had been living in her roof for three weeks after spotting objects mysteriously moving in her house.  Monica Green, from Rockhampton in Queensland, Australia, noticed something was amiss when she saw things were out of place in her home.  4Monica Green discovered a person was living in her roof 4The terrified mum said the find was like something 'out of a horror film' Soon after, the mum-of-three found her security camera system had been disabled. At first Ms Green dismissed her concerns - but after returning home from a doctor’s appointment on Monday she knew something was wrong. Entering her house, the mum found the air conditioning on, the back door open and a half cooked meal of chicken nuggets.  The mum immediately called the police who discovered the attic hatch on the top floor was ajar.  Ms Green told the Courier Mail: “I felt like it was something out of a horror film.  “I’m meant to be the one that protected them (her children) and I feel like I’ve failed.”  The...
    A teen girl was snatched off a Queens street and driven off by a strange man — but was able to escape, cops said.  The 14-year-old girl had just left a College Point supermarket around 11 p.m. when the man — holding a clipboard with her photo attached to it — approached her about a block away, at 123rd Street and 20th Avenue, according to cops and police sources.  He suddenly grabbed her and shoved her into the rear passenger seat of his black Honda sedan, authorities said.  He drove around with his teen victim for about 20 minutes before he stopped his car at 129th Street and got out to make a phone call, police sources said.  The victim, who was not restrained, managed to escape, cops said.  She fled to a gas station in Whitestone, where she flagged down a woman who called her mother for her and drove her home, according to authorities and the sources.  The victim, who was not physically hurt, called 911 when she got home around 12:30 a.m., police said.  The suspect...
    (CNN)Chilean President Sebastian Pinera was slapped with a $3,500 fine on Friday after posing for a selfie on the beach with a bystander without wearing a mask as required during the coronavirus pandemic, health authorities said.Chile has strict rules on mask wearing in all public places and violations are punishable with sanctions that include fines and even jail terms.Pinera apologized then turned himself in shortly after the selfie surfaced on social media in early December. Venezuela is quietly quitting socialismThe president explained he had been walking alone along the beach near his home in the posh Chilean seaside town of Cachagua when a woman recognized him and asked for a photo together.The selfie shows the president and the woman standing very near to one another on a sunny day, neither wearing masks.Read MoreThe gaffe-prone Pinera was previously photographed at a pizza party on the night protests over inequality broke out in Santiago last year. He was later seen posing for pictures at the square that had been the hub of the demonstrations after the pandemic forced protesters to stay at...
    SANTIAGO (Reuters) - Chilean President Sebastian Pinera was slapped with a $3,500 fine on Friday after posing for a selfie on the beach with a bystander without wearing a mask as required during the coronavirus pandemic, health authorities said. Chile has strict rules on mask wearing in all public places and violations are punishable with sanctions that include fines and even jail terms. Pinera apologized then turned himself in shortly after the selfie surfaced on social media in early December. The president explained he had been walking alone along the beach near his home in the posh Chilean seaside town of Cachagua when a woman recognized him and asked for a photo together. The selfie shows the president and the woman standing very near to one another on a sunny day, neither wearing masks. The gaffe-prone Pinera was previously photographed at a pizza party on the night protests over inequality broke out in Santiago last year. He was later seen posing for pictures at the square that had been the hub of the demonstrations after the pandemic forced protesters to...
    A stranger followed a Brooklyn woman into her apartment just after noon Thursday, and then tied her up, sexually assaulted her and robbed her, cops said.  The 47-year-old victim was returning to her building at Avenue N and East 33rd Street in Midwood around 12:40 p.m. as the brute trailed behind her and forced his way into the apartment after she entered, simulating a gun, police said Friday. Then he tied her up with duct tape and zip ties before sexually assaulting her, police said. He grabbed her cell phone and cash before taking off, police said.  He was last seen heading west on Kings Highway in a 2012 gray Mitsubishi Outlander SUV.  The victim, who managed to free herself, called 911.  She was taken to Coney Island Hospital by EMS in stable condition.  The suspect was last seen wearing a black hat, black face covering, black sneakers, dark colored jeans, light-colored knee-pads and a black sweatshirt.
    OAKLAND —  A man recently paroled from prison who had taken several members of an East Oakland family hostage Monday night was arrested after police negotiators convinced him to let them go, authorities said. Police said the 32-year-old suspect did not know the family, and investigators were trying to determine why he targeted them. OAKLAND, CA – October 26: One suspect surrenders to officers as the father reunites with his wife and at least three of his children following a hostage negotiation and armed standoff on the 1300 block of 45th Avenue in East Oakland, Calif., on Monday, October 26, 2020. (Dylan Bouscher/Bay Area News Group) Show Caption of Expand “The primary focus of the Oakland Police Department is to save lives,” Deputy Chief of Police LeRonne Armstrong said Tuesday. “The officers’ quick response in establishing communication with the gunman led to the safe release of the family, and ultimately the gunman’s surrender.” The tense situation unfolded at about 7:20 p.m. Monday in the 1400 block of 45th Avenue. Police said multiple members of...
    A Seattle woman, 23, who traveled to Dallas to visit her ex-boyfriend has been missing for three weeks after taking a Lyft alone to a nightclub before being seen on surveillance camera leaving with a stranger. Marisela Botello disappeared after taking a ride to the popular clubbing district of Deep Ellum in Dallas, Texas, on the night of October 4. She had gone on a trip to the city to visit her ex-boyfriend on October 2 and was due to fly back to the home she shares with her parents in Seattle, Washington state, the following day. Botello hasn't been seen since. She never made her flight and her cellphone and credit cards haven't been used since the early hours of October 5.  Her concerned family said surveillance footage shows her outside a club with an unidentified man and are pleading for any information as to her whereabouts.  Marisela Botello, 23, (pictured) has been missing for three weeks after taking a Lyft alone to a nightclub in Dallas before being seen on surveillance camera leaving with a stranger Botello...
    SAN FRANCISCO — In July 2017, a then-15-year-old girl was on a bus in San Francisco with nowhere to stay and no means to travel. She’d run away from home from out of state, but then her friend had been taken back, leaving the girl to fend for herself. A stranger on the bus offered to help the girl, and eventually introduced her to Chantel Williams, 27, according to federal prosecutors. Williams took her to her home in Sacramento, explaining to her on the way that she could earn money by going on “dates.” What happened next, according to federal authorities, was a monthlong ordeal where Williams and her boyfriend, Jordan Haywood, took her to various parts of California and Arizona, staying at hotels where they’d advertise the teen online. It included “dozens if not hundreds” of encounters with men, and being forced to meet a second time with a man who raped her, prosecutors said. On Thursday, Williams was formally sentenced to six years and nine months in federal prison, a sentence three months less than what Haywood was...
    (CNN)Five days after the roadside incident, I took my first coronavirus test. I felt weary and brittle, my head and joints aching, a flickering pain in my heart."I've heard that it hurts," I said to the blue-gowned woman who held what resembled a very long Q-Tip.Thomas Lake"I wouldn't say it hurts," she said, through my open car window, beneath a white tent outside an abandoned Kmart, "but it is uncomfortable, for sure."She jammed the swab up my nose. It was uncomfortable, for sure. She twisted the swab. A tear rolled down my cheek. If indeed I had the virus, I knew of only one possible exposure. Had I done the right thing on that dark country road? Or would my wife and children suffer for my awful mistake?We'd been so careful the last six months. No travel, no hairstylists, no friends or relatives inside the house. If either of us ran an errand in a crowded place, we came home and went straight to the shower. My wife bought a gadget that disinfected our phones with ultraviolet light.Read More And...
    A grandmother was heading to work in Philadelphia last week when a man she did not know approached her, asked how she was doing, then splashed acid in her face and ran off.  The victim, identified as 61-year-old Helen Jones, was left blind in both eyes and suffering from severe burns on her face as a result of what police described as a random, unprovoked attack that took place in the Germantown neighborhood on October 6.  According to police, Jones had exited her home in the 5100 block of Newhall Street at around 6.15am and was walking to her car parked just a few steps away when she was accosted by the stranger.  Scroll down for video  Helen Jones, 61, was walking to her car on October 6 in Philadelphia when a man approached her, asking if she was OK, then splashed chemicals in her face The unprovoked attacked occurred in the 5100 block of Newhall Street in the Germantown section of Philadelphia, just steps away from Jones' home  RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ...
    Helen Jones, a 61-year old grandmother, is now blind after reportedly being attacked with acid by a stranger just steps outside of her Philadelphia home, according to reports.  Jones was walking to her car last Tuesday, heading to do her job as a phlebotomist, when she was approached by an unknown man just outside her home, according to WPVI Philadelphia. “There was a man there and he was like ‘Hey, are you good?’ And when she looked up to say ‘yes,’ he threw the stuff in her face and ran off,” Jones’ daughter Aneesha Summerville told WPVI.  It was determined by the Philadelphia Fire Department that Jones was attacked with chlorosulfuric acid, WPVI reports. Jones sustained burns to her lips, eyes and tongue, and it isn’t currently known whether she will ever regain her sight, her family says.  Ms. Jones is one of the bravest people I’ve met. Her GoFundMe page can be found here: https://t.co/Lw2rFgMAPn https://t.co/2CtJ2Dmlrg — Scott Charles (@TheScottCharles) October 15, 2020 The attack is still under investigation by police but no arrests have been made so...
    PHILADELPHIA -- Life as Helen Jones knows it has changed in a way she never could have imagined.The vibrant grandmother from Philadelphia, who has always thrived on helping others, is now in need of help herself after being attacked by a man who splashed acid in her face."It's devastating," said her daughter, Aneesha Summerville.The attack happened last Tuesday morning, right in front of the Germantown home that the 61-year old Jones has lived in for more than 20 years.She was walking to her car, which is just steps from the front gate of her home.EMBED More News Videos A woman is in critical condition after a man threw an unknown chemical in her face Tuesday morning in Philadelphia's Germantown section. "There was a man there and he was like 'Hey, are you good?' As if he was inquiring about her safety making sure she was okay," said Summerville. "And when she looked up to say 'yes,' he threw the stuff in her face and ran off."The Philadelphia Fire Department's Hazmat Unit determined that the liquid was chlorosulfuric acid. Summerville says...
    SANTA CLARA — Smoke filled the air, but it wasn’t coming from fans’ grills (or other recreational products) in the parking lot before the 49ers’ season opener Sunday afternoon. There were no fans to be found. Yet announcements explaining the protocol of entering the stadium were played over the loudspeakers around Levi’s Stadium anyway, bouncing off the empty stands. The atmosphere in Santa Clara on Sunday was eerie and uncomfortable. One could go as far as to say it was post-apocalyptic. “That’s the 2020 [NFL] season for you,” said 49ers running back Jerick McKinnon. But the league’s unofficial motto for the season is “The Show Must Go On.” Yes, even if there was no live, in-person audience. A 100-year pandemic? Put on your shoulder pads. Unhealthy air because of wildfires raging up and down the West Coast? Strap on that helmet. A new civil rights movement is afoot? Just play an extra song pregame. It seems as if nothing can stop the NFL from making television. In the end,...
    A MUM was horrified to wake up and find a balaclava-clad intruder lurking outside her home. Sarah Lunn, 35, had been asleep in Church Gresley, South Derbs, when an app on her phone alerted her to the stranger. 3Sarah Lunn, 35, had been asleep in Church Gresley, South Derbs, when an app on her phone alerted her to an intruderCredit: DerbyshireLive/BPM 3The lurking stranger was snapped wearing a balaclava and glovesCredit: DerbyshireLive/BPM The app is connected to her doorbell camera and sends off alerts when someone approaches. Sarah said: “I was half asleep and then I realised it was a man in a balaclava. "There was another picture where he was on the front looking at my house. "It was horrible." Sarah, who was home with her two children, aged five and 14, said she went into "absolute turmoil". If they really want something they will come back. I’m absolutely broken.Sarah Lunn She said: "I didn’t see him leave on the stills and I was scared he was still there. "I was alone in the house with my children....
    Two North Carolina families grieving the loss of recently deceased loved ones are demanding answers following a purported mix-up at a Charlotte funeral home that resulted in each family laying to rest the wrong person.  Dr Jerry Bowman told Fox 46 that when he arrived at the funeral service for his mother, Catherine White, he knew at once the woman resting in her casket, dressed in his mother's white suit, was not the 75-year-old. Bowman, who works as an emergency room doctor, said that he spent the last four months caring for his mother as she was dying from terminal cancer.  Scroll down for video  Morbid mix-up: Two families in North Carolina claim that a funeral home switched up the bodies of their loved ones, Elease McInnis, 91 (left), and Catherine White, 75 (right)  When White's family arrived at her funeral last week, they discovered a stranger in her casket, wearing the woman's white suit and her jewelry (pictured)   White succumbed to the illness at Bowman's home in the early hours of June 26. She was 75...
    Two men snuck into a bedroom with machetes after being hired to carry out a stranger's sexual fantasy of being tied up in his underwear and stroked with a broom, only to discover they had got the wrong address. The pair from Sydney, Australia, made their apologies and left the startled victim's bedside as soon as they realized their mistake. One of the men, Terrence Leroy, has now been acquitted of entering the home in July 2019 intending to intimidate while armed with an offensive weapon, after the New South Wales district court accepted his explanation. Conceding "the facts of the case are unusual," judge Sean Grant set out his reasons for the not guilty verdict, saying the evidence did not suggest the men's actions were intentional. "They carried the machetes either as a prop or something to use in that fantasy," he said. "The fantasy was unscripted and there was discretion as to how it would be carried out." According to court documents, a man living in western NSW, near Griffith, "wanted a broom handle to be rubbed around his...