Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2022 - 22:47:34
95 results - (0.006 seconds)

night meeting:

latest news at page 1:
    Tucker Carlson on Friday night attacked 'sinister' tech companies for taking down his interview the night before with a doctor who said that vaccinating young people was 'a colossal error in public health judgment'. Dr Hooman Noorchashm, a retired cardiac surgeon with a PhD in immunology, who taught at Harvard Medical School, appeared on Carlson's Fox News show on Thursday night. 'After our conversation last night, he upload the data exchange onto YouTube,' Carlson explained on Friday. 'Other parents have an absolute right to know these facts. 'But the tech monopolies would no longer allow that discussion.' Tucker Carlson on Friday night warned his Fox News viewers about the dangerous power of big tech firms. He told that his guest from the previous night, Dr Hooman Noorchashm, posted a clip of their interview to YouTube. YouTube then took it down On Thursday night, Dr Hooman Noorchashm told Carlson that he did not believe vaccinating young people was a good idea because many already had antibodies, and it was being linked to a small number of heart conditions. A study in...
    Now, the focus in major league baseball is not on the league stars, but on those who continue to dominate the game. In fact, not even the best player on the planet was injured. No, getting attention is just another discussion of the unwritten rules of the game. The “culprit” at this point? Jermin Mercedes’ white socks of the year, who decided to start 3-0 as the team led by 11 points and wide receiver Williams Astudillo were on the field for the doubles. I can not believe we are still there, but hey. In short, it’s snowing. Last night, apparently, the spirits got hot during the meeting between the two rivals of the division. With the White Sox leading 4-2, we move into the seventh inning. Mercedes is on the battlefield, Tyler is on Duffy Mount. And, unfortunately, what had to happen happened. Duffy was expelled from the game just like his manager Rogo Baldelli. Not only through this gesture, I allow an editorial note here to express my frustration with all the discussions surrounding the Mercedes circuit. In...
    Is San Francisco on the verge of a herd immunity breakthrough? Experts are optimistic US adds 12 fighter jets to protect Afghanistan withdrawal Here Today When Tiffany Haddish first met with Billy Crystal to discuss a comedic team-up for the touching dramedy Here Today, the two agreed they felt an instant connection. The Girls Trip star noted feeling nervous over the meeting, as she had just returned to Africa and taken her braids out. “Should I press it? Should I put a wig on it?” she remembers asking herself, before deciding that she’d go into the meeting “as regular ol’ Tiffany. He’s going to see an afro, he’s going to see no makeup. And if it doesn’t work, at least I got to meet him!” Crystal, who directed the film and also co-wrote it along with former Saturday Night Live scribe Alan Zweibel, says before meeting Haddish he had wondered who could play the “special part” of Emma Payge, a New York singer who forms an unlikely yet heartfelt friendship with aging comedy writer Charle Burns (Crystal) going through the...
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Twin Cities suburb is moving forward with a controversial plan to transform a piece of land. The Fredrick-MIller Spring (credit: CBS) More than 3,000 people signed a petition to stop the new Noble Hill housing development in Eden Prairie. They say the project would eliminate 455 trees, and they want an independent review of how it could affect the environment and the nearby Fredrick-Miller natural spring. The scene outside Tuesday night’s city council meeting (credit: CBS) At a city council meeting Wednesday night, the city voted unanimously to re-zone the property so the development can move forward. The developer, Pulte Homes, says it’s taken steps to protect the environment around the site.   More On WCCO.com: Derek Chauvin’s Attorney Files Motion For New Trial COVID In MN: Gov. Tim Walz Will Announce Reopening Plan Thursday Charges: Anthony Goose Was Drunk When He Ran Over 1-Year-Old Niece With SUV, Killing Her Police In Annandale Address Concerns Over Clown
    Pete Davidson joked Tuesday that he was going to ask Elon Musk for a Tesla upon meeting him before they were later spotted together in New York City. The 27-year-old comedian was asked during an appearance on Late Night With Seth Meyers if had met Elon, 49, who will be hosting the upcoming episode of Saturday Night Live. 'I haven't met him yet. I'm having dinner with him tonight and Lorne,' said Pete, referencing SNL creator and producer Lorne Michaels, 76. Tesla request: Pete Davidson joked Tuesday that he was going to ask Elon Musk for a Tesla upon meeting him before they were later spotted together in New York City 'So I will meet him. I'm really excited. I'm going to ask him for a Tesla or some s***,' Pete joked. 'Yeah, why not?,' Seth, 47, agreed. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Musk rockets to the A-list! Tesla boss is MOBBED by fans as... Elon Musk arrives in New York with partner Grimes and baby X... 'She was totally his type': Pete...
    LOCKPORT, Ill. (WLS) -- Parents of students at St. Joseph Catholic School in Lockport flooded into a closed door meeting Monday night eager to ask questions about the former teacher now accused of child sex crimes.Jeremy Hylka worked as a teacher at St. Joseph's in Lockport and two other Joliet Catholic Churches until last Wednesday, when police said they were alerted to a Snapchat video they said possibly showed inappropriate contact with a minor.RELATED | Joliet Catholic school teacher fired, charged with grooming after video leads to investigation In part of the video that was sent to police, authorities say you can see Hylka running from a Joliet McDonald's Tuesday night after investigators say he realized he'd been caught in a setup by the independent organization.Police said Hylka had shown up to the McDonalds under the impression he was meeting a teenage boy for sex.Joliet police said the material was vetted and validated before multiple felony charges were filed against Hylka by the Will County State's Attorney for traveling to meet a minor, and grooming. Authorities issued a warrant for...
    More than a hundred parents arrived at the Vail Unified School District meeting Tuesday night to urge the Arizona board to lift its mask mandate, only to find school board members had suddenly canceled the meeting, claiming safety concerns due to the parents’ rally. Parents intended to object to the school board’s decision to keep a coronavirus mask mandate in place, despite Gov. Doug Ducey’s (R) executive order on April 19 that lifted the mask mandate in K-12 schools. According to the Election Wizard website: A throng of parents later pushed their way into the board room while refusing to wear masks and demanded to speak with their elected officials. In response, the Vail board called 911, and Pima County Sheriff Nanos told KGUN 9, a sergeant and four deputies showed up in just over a minute. The district said the sheriff told the board to adjourn the study session because the crowd was uncontrollable. But the Sheriff says that’s false, the board made that decision on their own, and crowd control was not an issue. KVOA News reporter Eric Fink tweeted...
    Editor's note: The story contains spoilers for "One Night in Miami." The movie will be up for three Oscars at the Academy Awards Sunday night.On February 25, 1964, four African American icons met in a Miami hotel room for a night of revelry, bonding, arguments and ice cream.One of them, the brash and flamboyant Cassius Clay (soon to change his name to Muhammad Ali) had just won the world heavyweight boxing championship in an upset at age 22. Another, influential civil rights activist Malcolm X, was weighing a split from the Nation of Islam. Together with NFL star Jim Brown and soul singer Sam Cooke, they gathered at the Hampton House, a popular hotel among Black celebrities at the time.This momentous evening is chronicled in the current film, "One Night in Miami," directed by actress Regina King and nominated for three Oscars, including best screenplay.What transpired behind the room's walls that night remains a mystery. But screenwriter and playwright Kemp Powers researched the meeting for his 2013 play, "One Night in Miami," and wrote the film adaptation eight years later,...
    (CNN)On February 25, 1964, four African American icons met in a Miami hotel room for a night of revelry, bonding, arguments and ice cream.One of them, the brash and flamboyant Cassius Clay (soon to change his name to Muhammad Ali) had just won the world heavyweight boxing championship in an upset at age 22. Another, influential civil rights activist Malcolm X, was weighing a split from the Nation of Islam. Together with NFL star Jim Brown and soul singer Sam Cooke, they gathered at the Hampton House, a popular hotel among Black celebrities at the time.This momentous evening is chronicled in the current film, "One Night in Miami," directed by actress Regina King and nominated for three Oscars, including best screenplay.What transpired behind the room's walls that night remains a mystery. But screenwriter and playwright Kemp Powers researched the meeting for his 2013 play, "One Night in Miami," and wrote the film adaptation eight years later, basing his dialogue on the personalities of the four men and what was happening in their lives at the time.It was a turbulent period...
    JORDAN HENDERSON will lead an emergency meeting between Premier League captains to discuss their response to the European Super League. The Liverpool skipper, 30, is a well respected figure within English football, having led footballers' reaction during the NHS crisis last year. 3Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is once again showing immense leadership during a time of needCredit: Reuters And the impressive England star will again show immense leadership by bringing captains from across different clubs together amid the breakaway attempt, involving his own club, that threatens to rip apart the heart of European football. The meeting will involve players from clubs across the ESL divide. Henderson's Liverpool were the first 'Big Six' side in action since the diabolical plans were made official on Sunday night, as they took on Leeds last night. Boss Jurgen Klopp was unhappy with 'Earn It' t-shirts laid out in the away dressing room at Elland Road. But the German did reiterate his stance that he is against the abhorrent plans. With Henderson missing through injury, Leeds old-boy James Milner stepped in as captain on the...
    It's like one of those 'Where It Started How It's Going' things on social media… Well THIS is the day that the European Super League really kicked off, when five Premier League bigwigs booked a room in the Dorchester for a secret summit. Man Utd's Ed Woodward and Joel and Avi Glazer met with Liverpool owner John Henry and Arsenal chief Ivan Gazidis in 2017 in New York 8The group also met in 2016 at London's DorchesterCredit: News Group Newspapers Ltd 8Woodward was also present at a 2016 meetCredit: News Group Newspapers Ltd We broke the story in March 2016 that a top American TV exec was planning a rival competition to the Champions League that would also undermine the Premier League. And now it has come to this, with the only change that Tottenham have finally got their invite to the party after an original snub. The faces are mainly familiar. Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, Manchester United's Mister Big Ed Woodward, Arsenal chief exec Ivan Gazidis and Manchester City official Ferran Soriano. Only Liverpool's Ian Ayre has left that...
    WINDSOR (CBS SF) — Embattled Windsor Mayor Dominic Foppoli, under state and local investigation after six women claimed he sexually assaulted them, resigned from his office Friday but continued to maintain his innocence to the allegations. In a text message to San Francisco Bay Area media, the former winery executive said he was stepping aside as the public outcry for his removal has continued to mount. READ MORE: Clipper Card Now Available On Mobile App, Apple Pay “As I have said so many times before, I have loved Windsor my whole life. Through prayer and in speaking with residents over the course of this week, it has become clear to me that the Town Council will not function at the level expected by its citizens if I remain actively involved, given the strong reaction to the allegations against me,” he said in his text. “Though I maintain full innocence under the law, I have decided to step back from an active role as Mayor until the formal investigation is complete.” On Wednesday night, members of the Windsor City Council joined...
    Following massive criticism of the “Sopagate”, EU Council President Charles Michel regretted his conduct during a meeting of EU leaders with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday. “If it’s possible, I’ll go back and fix it,” Michael told several European business media, including Italian. Only 24 ore And German Handlesplot. “I assure you that I have not slept well at night since this incident and that the image has changed in my head dozens of times. I will accept my role in the responsibility,” the EU President told the crowd. Ursula van der Leyon, the head of the European Commission, reluctantly stared at the cameras in the armchair next to Erdogan at the Turkish presidential palace. Van der Leyne had no armchair available, so she had to sit on a sofa a short distance from Erdogan and Michael. “I had a few seconds to decide which position to take. I had the impression that a reaction to the long diplomatic missions before our arrival would have been called into question. Also, I did not want to follow a patriarchal...
    KELLER, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A controversial mascot will be the topic of discussion at the Keller ISD school board meeting Monday night, March 29. Opponents of the Keller High School Indians mascot say they hope it means the beginning of the end of their five-year fight for change. READ MORE: CDC Extends Eviction Moratorium Until June 30 It’s a fight that gathered momentum thanks to a PBS documentary earlier this year called, “Changing a Racist Mascot” – and featuring Keller ISD. Opponents say change is long overdue. “It may not be easy to make that change, but as we’ve seen from Atlanta and other hate crimes and just blatant racism, words matter, and symbols matter,” said Keller ISD resident Wendel Withrow. Keller High Indians logo (credit: Keller ISD) Withrow will voice his opinion at Monday night’s school board meeting, where he says the topic is at last on the agenda. He’ll be joined by Indigenous rights activist Yolanda Blue Horse. READ MORE: Southwest Airlines Expands 737 Max Fleet, Orders 100 New Jets From Boeing “They’re not either accepting or not...
    Congressman Paul Gosar (R-AZ) has had quite the weekend. He spoke Friday night at Unite the Right attendee Nicholas Fuentes’ white nationalist “America First Political Action Conference” (AFPAC), then he claimed to denounce “white racism” on the main stage of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Saturday morning, and finally concluded Saturday by meeting with Fuentes where the two snapped a photo together. On Saturday morning at CPAC, Gosar attempted to distance himself from his Friday night keynote address at Fuentes’ AFPAC event. Both conferences are being held in Orlando, Florida. “Before I get to that, I want to tell you: I denounce when we talk about white racism. That’s not appropriate,” Gosar told CPAC chairman Matt Schlapp’s wife, Mercedes Schlapp. Following his CPAC speech, the congressman confirmed to The Washington Post that he was, in fact, denouncing Fuentes and his white nationalist gathering. The very same gathering where he spoke less than twelve hours before. “He said later that he was referring to Friday night’s America First Political Action Conference, organized by 22-year-old online commentator Nick Fuentes, who rallied rioters outside...
    A look at the upcoming weekend around the Atlantic Coast Conference: GAME OF THE WEEKEND No. 7 Virginia (15-4, 11-2) at Duke (9-8, 7-6), on Saturday, in the season’s lone meeting between the teams. The first-place Cavaliers look to rebound from Monday night’s 81-60 loss at No. 16 Florida State and maintain their winning percentage likely to determine conference tournament seeding. Virginia also aims to bounce back defensively after allowing FSU to shoot 50% overall and from long range. The Blue Devils seek their third consecutive conference win to improve their conference winning percentage and maintain slim NCAA Tournament prospects. They return home after consecutive wins at North Carolina State and Wake Forest by least 16 points each. Duke has recently turned up the defense by holding Wake to 39% shooting — without star freshman Jalen Johnson, who on Monday opted out of the rest of the season to focus on preparing for the NBA draft — and NC State to a season-low 53 points. MORE ADJUSTMENTS Second-place FSU (12-3, 8-2) was scheduled to host No. 18 Virginia Tech (14-4,...
    Morale was reportedly very low backstage in WWE in the lead up to this week’s Friday Night SmackDown, according to WrestleVotes. The insider Twitter account’s source claimed that “anger” and “unhappiness” was at an “all-time high,” with everyone from the talent to the crew said to have been in a bad mood on Friday. As WrestlingNews.co pointed out, this marked a drastic change from how everyone behind the scenes felt only a couple of weeks ago. According to the outlet, the mood was upbeat then due to it being WrestleMania season and there behind a light at the end of the tunnel. The latest development didn’t mention what caused this week’s hostile environment, but WrestlingNews.co speculated that it may have stemmed from the company’s disorganization and uncertainty. In the report, it was noted that Roman Reigns’ announcement and Seth Rollins’ return to television were the only segments confirmed for this week’s show prior to it airing. The last-minute nature of the production could have caused some frustration as no one knew what they were doing going into the program. Of...
    Instead of playing for the Nets on Tuesday night, Brooklyn star Kyrie Irving took part in a video-call launch party for Manhattan DA candidate Tahanie Aboushi. Aboushi tweeted an image of the Zoom meeting, and Irving was among the volunteers and supporters who participated. The meeting began at 7 p.m. — 30 minutes before the Nets tipped off against the Denver Nuggets at the Barclays Center. Irving, 28, has missed four straight games, including Tuesday night’s, and has been away from the team since last week. The point guard’s absence is believed to be because he is upset over the US Capitol riot. Irving has not spoken publicly since the insurrection, but on Monday night a video surfaced of him apparently partying maskless while celebrating his sister’s birthday. The video was not dated. Nets general manager Sean Marks said in a statement that the organization was aware of the video and was “reviewing the circumstances with both Kyrie and the NBA in order to determine compliance with health and safety protocols.” The NBA’s COVID-19 protocols prohibit players from going...
    British Prime Minister Boris Johnson met with his ministers Monday amid chaos over travel bans enacted by dozens of countries barring travelers from the United Kingdom because of a new strain of the coronavirus discovered in England.  Johnson called a meeting with the Cobra emergency committee -- senior government ministers -- to discuss the flow of freight in and out of Britain after several European countries closed their doors the British. France said it was barring all people from the United Kingdom for 48 hours beginning Sunday, including freight carriers by road and sea. VideoJohnson spoke with French President Emmanuel Macron over the ban, which caused a dire situation around a key port in Dover. The move left the 6,000 trucks that cross from England to France each day on ferries from Dover or on trains through the Eurotunnel stuck, for now, in England. A stretch of highway to Dover in southeast England turned into a de facto parking lot for cargo trucks. "These delays only apply to a very small percentage of food entering the U.K.," the prime minister said during a press conference. He...
    (CNN)Attorney Sidney Powell, who has repeatedly pushed baseless conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, was spotted leaving the White House late Sunday evening just days after a heated Oval Office meeting with some of President Donald Trump's advisers. She was spotted by CNN leaving the residence side of the White House shortly before 9 p.m. ET.Powell denied that she was meeting with Trump, but when pressed again as to whether she met with the President or other White House officials, she retorted: "It would be none of your business." Powell declined to answer when asked whether the President plans to appoint her as a special counsel to investigate alleged voter fraud, something that came up during Friday's meeting -- which Trump convened -- when White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and counsel Pat Cipollone pushed back intensely on the suggestion of putting Powell in such a capacity. Heated Oval Office meeting included talk of special counsel, martial law as Trump advisers clash Friday's meeting, where Powell was joined by her client, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, began as...
    More On: cuny CUNY orders furloughs of campus honchos to confront fiscal crisis Medgar Evers College leaves adjunct professors dry with no checks CUNY dean quits after less than a year, citing workload and racism John Jay profs named in sex, drug scandal still on payroll — and getting raises In a petty feud more reminiscent of grade school, a group of liberal faculty members at CUNY’s Kingsborough Community College allegedly plotted to exclude a more conservative orthodox Jewish professor from appearing at a meeting by deliberately scheduling it on a Friday night so he couldn’t attend, a report obtained by The Post reveals. Professor Jeffrey Lax, who is dean of the business department at the two-year college on the waterfront near Sheepshead Bay, filed a complaint alleging antisemitism with KCC following the controversy over the March 2018 meeting, which ended up not taking place after complaints surfaced that it was held on the Jewish day of rest. The group that planned the meeting — the Progressive Faculty Caucus — was formed after Donald Trump was elected president in...
    With cooperative weather conditions overnight, fire crews battling the Bond fire in Silverado Canyon increased containment to 40% and held the spread of the blaze, authorities said on Saturday, Dec. 5. The fire, which sparked about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night from a house fire, has destroyed five structures and damaged five more, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Paul Holaday said Saturday morning, adding that damage assessment was ongoing. The fire remained at 7,375 acres as of 9 a.m., Saturday, and 1,588 firefighters were on hand to battle the blaze with 11 helicopters, OCFA officials said. “We’re making great progress on this fire,” Holaday said in a briefing. “We had favorable weather throughout the night and got a lot of work done.” Crews were expecting another day of dry conditions and low humidity, though a Red Flag Warning for windy conditions expired Friday night, officials said. Two firefighters who were injured battling the blaze had been released from the hospital. Both work with the U.S. Forest, Cleveland National Forest officials said, adding one was treated for a leg injury and the...
    Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images On Saturday evening, President Donald Trump logged onto Twitter to yet again let his grievances fly, taking issue with the way the mainstream media has covered his administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic and semi-defending himself against skipping out Saturday on a G20 Covid-19 side-meeting to instead go golfing. Joe Biden was a total disaster in handling the H1N1 Swine Flu, would never have produced a Vaccine in record time (years ahead of schedule), and would do a terrible job of Vaccine delivery – But doesn’t everybody already know that! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 21, 2020 On the G20 meeting, Trump tweeted the majority of the meeting was about Covid-19. “The Fake News is not talking about the fact that ‘Covid’ is running wild all over the World, not just in the U.S. I was at the Virtual G-20 meeting early this morning, and the biggest subject was Covid. We will be healing fast, especially with our vaccines!” Trump tweeted around 5:30 PM EST. The Fake News is not talking about the fact that “Covid”...
    A pair of Michigan lawmakers were caught on camera drinking late into the night at the Trump International Hotel hours after a controversial White House meeting with President Donald Trump. On Friday, Michigan State Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey and Republican speaker of the Michigan House Lee Chatfield traveled to the White House amid concerns that Trump would try to pressure them into somehow overturning President-elect Joe Biden’s win in the state. Following the meeting, the pair put out a statement that appeared to indicate that no such intervention is in the offing, but Trump, in a pair of Saturday morning tweets, begged to differ. Lauren Windsor, who produces a web show in Michigan called The Undercurrent, was all over the controversial visit, including pressing Shirkey before the meeting on whether he intended to honor the will of the state’s voters. She posted video of the encounter, during which Shirkey responded by breaking into a quavering rendition of the hymn “I Believe In A Hill Called Mount Calvary.” This morning, I asked @SenMikeShirkey if he would honor the will of Michigan voters in his meeting with Trump...
    TELEVISION star Melanie Sykes, 50, was earlier this week spotted snogging her gondolier toyboy, 23, while on holiday in Venice. The presenter flew back to Italy to see her beau following the sad death of her friend and former TV co-star Des O'Connor. 7Julie with Cornel, who she moved to Italy for after meeting just four timesCredit: Julie Cook It comes a month after Melanie was snapped kissing Riccardo Simionato after jetting to Italy for a weekend away with a friend. They were later seen laughing and hugging in Campo San Toma Square as they enjoyed a whirlwind romance. One woman who understands exactly how Melanie feels is writer Julie Cook, 43, from Southampton, Hants., who was married, had a mortgage and was a high-flying deputy editor when she moved to Venice in 2005 after meeting a bloke just four times. Now Julie shares her story with Fabulous - and explains why Venice isn’t called the City of Romance for nothing… 7Mel Sykes has hooked up with a much younger man in VeniceCredit: Instagram/melaniesykes When I saw the pictures of...
    FRESNO (CBS / AP) — Fresno’s mayor-elect, Jerry Dyer, has tested positive for COVID-19 after attending an election night dinner with a few officials, including a Fresno County supervisor whose diagnosis late last week prompted the Board of Supervisors to close its offices and postpone its meeting by a week. The former police chief told the Fresno Bee he went into quarantine after receiving the test result Tuesday. Dyer said he took the test after experiencing a light cough and that his symptoms developed with a headache, body aches, chills and a mild fever. “I would equate my symptoms, at least at this point, to a severe cold or mild flu,” he said. “I consider myself very fortunate as I know others experience severe sickness and unfortunately, death.” Dyer attended the dinner on Nov. 3 with Fresno Mayor Lee Brand, City Councilman Mike Karbassi, county Supervisor Steve Brandau. and several others at the home of a Kaiser Permanente government affairs manager Serop Torossian. Fresno Mayor-elect and former police chief JerryDyer. (AP Photo/Scott Smith, File) Recalling that night, Dyer told Fresno CBS affiliate...
    BOSTON (CBS) – Michael Loconto, the chairman of the Boston School Committee, resigned Thursday, a day after he was heard mocking names of some people during a meeting. Loconto made the comments in a virtual meeting Wednesday night and was quickly criticized on social media. Several city council members demanded he resign. Loconto apologized Thursday morning, writing on Twitter, “I want to apologize for the comments I made last night. It was not ever my intention to mock anyone. I know what was in my head and my heart but I make no excuses. I know how my words were heard and how they hurt. I have always tried to lead my life , publicly and privately, by treating people with dignity and respect. To those who I offended, I offer again my sincerest apology and ask for your forgiveness.” Michael Loconto. (Photo credit: Boston Public Schools) A short time later Boston Mayor Marty Walsh issued a statement saying Loconto resigned. “Chairman Loconto notified me earlier this morning that he is stepping down from the Boston School Committee, and I...
    GEORDIE star Joe Laws fancies his chances of fighting at St James’ Park after meeting hero and nickname-inspiration Tony Bellew. The 26-year-old leaped from local legend to social media sensation last year when he got a packed Newcastle Arena singing after just an undercard four-rounder. 3Benwell Bomber Joe Laws wants to box at St James' ParkCredit: ©Mark Robinson Ltd The Benwell Bomber has charmed boxing fans with his cheeky Twitter posts and the hilarious story of sparring Floyd Mayweather-protege Devin Haney in Las Vegas, while battling a blinding hangover. But he is deadly serious about his career - having taken a dangerous behind-closed-doors bout when he usually sells 1,000 tickets - and the target of hosting a talent-packed card at the Toon stadium. And a shock meeting with Everton nut Bellew - who won the WBC cruiserweight crown on an iconinc 2016 Goodison Park night - has added fuel to that burning desire. Ahead of his clash with Rylan Charlton, on fellow Geordie Lewis Ritson’s undercard, Laws told SunSport: “If Lewis keeps winning, I keep winning, Tommy Ward, Savannah Marshall,...
    Chris Brown and Adele’s friendship is strong. Brown, 31, was spotted making a late-night visit to the British songstress’ house in London last week, according to The Sun. “It was all a bit cloak and dagger,” an eyewitness told the UK publication. “He arrived in the middle of the night and didn’t leave until around 2 a.m.” The visit couldn’t have been romantic, as Brown is said to be in the UK with his rumored girlfriend Gina Huynh. Brown is also friends with Adele’s rumored beau Skepta. Brown first flew to Germany to visit his son Aeko, whom he shares with ex Ammika Harris. She and Aeko have been there throughout the pandemic. He posted a photo of their reunion on Instagram and wrote, “MADE IT❤️.” Brown and Adele, 32, have been friends since meeting for the first time at the 2013 Grammys. A photo of their meeting went viral because it showed what looked like the “Hello” singer and the “Go Crazy” crooner fighting, but Adele later clarified on Twitter that they were complimenting each other. At the time, Brown...
    Mars and the moon are set to put on a show tonight that it is out of this world. The Red Planet is making its closest approach to Earth and when the lunar orb rises, the two will appear to hang close to each other in the night sky. The conjunction starts at 11:35pm ET on Friday, October 2, with the closest approach seen shortly after midnight. Both will appear in the east, but then move westward as the night progresses and at around 2am ET, the pair will hit their highest points in the southern sky. Scroll down for video  Mars and the moon are set to put on a show tonight that it is out of this world. The Red Planet is making its closest approach to Earth and when the lunar orb rises, the two will appear to hang close to each other in the night sky. According to EarthSky, those living in the southern region of the world will see the moon closest to Mars. Those living in South America will witness the moon occult,...
    With the NBA season hanging by a thread, LeBron James was put on the spot. Following the surprise postponement of Wednesday’s game between the Bucks and Magic — sparking a wave of postponements across sports in support of the social justice movement — the league’s players met to discuss the next step. Heat forward Udonis Haslem, 40, turned to the league’s biggest star and pressed him on his stance. As the face of the league, James was reminded by his former teammate that his decision would likely determine the fate of the season, according to a Yahoo Sports report. “We’re out,” James replied, prematurely leaving the meeting with all his teammates, other than Dwight Howard. The Clippers joined, too, making the L.A. teams the only ones of the 13 remaining in the bubble to vote against continuing the season. However, a night of sleep changed the mindset of most Lakers, who wanted to finish the season. James was willing to support the wishes of the majority. “LeBron’s emotions got the best of him [Wednesday] and today he calmed down,” a...
    Kenosha shooting, DC protest: Kyle Rittenhouse to remain in Illinois as thousands descend on Washington Cities with the highest organic food prices Doc Rivers says Clippers players thought season was over after emotional meeting The Los Angeles Clippers were reportedly just one of two teams who voted to not continue the playoffs during the emotional players meeting on Wednesday night, which followed the dramatic walkout staged by the Milwaukee Bucks in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake. After the Clippers walked out of the meeting with LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers, Clippers coach Doc Rivers said that his players thought the playoffs were done. "They thought it was over,” Rivers said on Fox’s Prime Ticket, via ESPN. “It was just a really tough day for all of them." Thankfully, it wasn’t over. After a good night’s sleep, players met again on Thursday morning and were able to agree that they should continue playing and concentrate on using their platform to the fullest extent they can. And Rivers says the Clippers, who are up 3-2 on...
    Troy University renames building after John Lewis New coronavirus guidelines to protect restaurant and retail employees announced by CDC Report: LeBron James stayed silent in meeting about resuming season NBA players met on Thursday morning and came to the decision that they want to continue with the season, but apparently they did not hear a whole lot from the most influential player in the game. © Mike Ehrmann/Pool Photo-USA TODAY Sports Was LeBron James against resuming the NBA playoffs? Jeff Goodman of Stadium was told by a player who attended the meeting that all players in attendance agreed they want to resume the playoffs. The player complimented the job NBA Players Association president Chris Paul and vice president Andre Iguodala did in leading the discussions. Perhaps the most surprising report is that LeBron James did not say a single word during the meeting. Source: LeBron James did not say one word during the meeting. — Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) August 27, 2020 It seems hard to believe that LeBron would say nothing at all. He’s the most powerful voice in...
    The fate of the NBA season could be decided by two simultaneous meetings on Thursday morning. The NBA players are set to reconvene today at 11 a.m. after an emotional meeting on Wednesday night, while the NBA board of governors will gather at the same time. Wednesday night’s players meeting ended with a feeling of “uncertainty” and “no sense of accomplishment,” ESPN.com reported. In an informal polling of teams, the Lakers and Clippers pushed to boycott the remainder of the NBA season in the wake of the Jacob Blake shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Most of the remaining teams, though, preferred they finish out the season in the NBA bubble. The Bucks boycotted their game against the Magic on Wednesday and the other two games were postponed as NBA players, led by LeBron James, vented their frustration on social media. It is unlikely Thursday’s games will be played — and we may have seen our final game of the season.
    Wis. DOJ identifies officer who shot Jacob Blake What is the plan? NYC restaurant owners plead for clarity on when indoor dining can resume Inside the NBA players Wednesday night meeting to decide the future of the playoffs LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — NBA players held a meeting for nearly three hours at Disney’s Coronado Springs resort on Wednesday night to discuss whether to finish the remainder of the postseason, league sources told Yahoo Sports.  The Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers voted to walk out on the remainder of the postseason and were the first two teams to exit the meeting, sources said.  LeBron James left an impression among those who attended the meeting that he would prefer to end the season, sources said. Clippers star Kawhi Leonard made it known that he’s all for walking out and returning home, sources said. The players planned to schedule a meeting for 11 a.m. ET Thursday to flesh out the details and possibly make a final decision on the future of the postseason, sources said. Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old...
    The threat of NBA players boycotting playoff games isn’t going away. A day after the Raptors raised the possibility of not playing Thursday’s Game 1 against the Celtics to bring the focus back to racial and social justice, in the aftermath of Jacob Blake being shot by police in Wisconsin, Toronto coach Nick Nurse said Wednesday a boycott by both teams remains “on the table.” “Boycotting the game has come up to them to demand a little more attention,” Nurse told reporters after practice. “There are still issues on the table here that they are working through.” The Raptors and Celtics met Tuesday night to discuss a potential boycott, ESPN’s The Undefeated reported, and another meeting was expected to be held Wednesday night. The feeling after Tuesday’s meeting was that most players still wanted to play the Eastern Conference semifinals opener, according to the report. The NBA Players Association executive committee is also in talks with players regarding the logistics of a possible boycott, Yahoo Sports reported Wednesday. A group of players held a meeting Tuesday night inside the...
    The threat of NBA players boycotting playoff games isn’t going away. A day after the Raptors raised the possibility of not playing Thursday’s Game 1 against the Celtics to bring the focus back to racial and social justice, in the aftermath of Jacob Blake being shot by police in Wisconsin, Toronto coach Nick Nurse said Wednesday a boycott by both teams remains “on the table.” “Boycotting the game has come up to them to demand a little more attention,” Nurse told reporters after practice. “There are still issues on the table here that they are working through.” The Raptors and Celtics met Tuesday night to discuss a potential boycott, ESPN’s The Undefeated reported, and another meeting was expected to be held Wednesday night. The feeling after Tuesday’s meeting was that most players still wanted to play the Eastern Conference semifinals opener, according to the report. The NBA Players Association executive committee is also in talks with players regarding the logistics of a possible boycott, Yahoo Sports reported Wednesday. A group of players held a meeting Tuesday night inside the NBA’s...
    LOGAN SQUARE — A pair of bar industry veterans plan to open a cocktail bar on Fullerton Avenue in Logan Square. Roger Landes, whose resume includes Mi Tocaya, Bar Sotano and mfk., and Scott Koehl, who worked as the beverage director at DMK Restaurants, are teaming up to open a bar in the old Acapulco Night Club at 3433-3435 W. Fullerton Ave. Landes and Koehl need the city to lift the liquor moratorium on the block to open a bar there, Ald. Carlos Ramirez-Rosa’s (35th) office said in an email to constituents. The duo pitched neighbors on their project last week after a community policing meeting. Ramirez-Rosa said the meeting “went well” and “all feedback thus far has been positive.” If feedback continues to be positive, Ramirez-Rosa said he plans to lift the moratorium so the pair can open the bar. Ramirez-Rosa said his office is continuing to accept feedback through Thursday. It’s unclear what kind of bar Landes and Koehl are looking to open. Landes declined to comment Thursday. Block Club did not attend the community meeting and requests...
    On the same day that Los Angeles Unified and San Diego Unified district administrators announced their schools would start online only in the fall, the Orange County Board of Education went a different way. The conservative-leaning board voted Monday night on its own guidelines: for students to return to campus, without social distancing or face masks. The lone dissenting vote was Trustee Beckie Gomez, also the only board member to wear a mask during the meeting. The board has no power to direct any of Orange County’s 27 school districts to follow its guidelines, which are in direct opposition to those issued by the Orange County Department of Education, state public health officials and others. Monday night’s meeting struck a similar note to a forum called by the board last month, when most of the health and public policy experts represented one side: against masks and social distancing. During the board meeting in Costa Mesa on Monday night, most of the 22 speakers allowed to address the board said they want schools to return to normal. Related Articles ...
    DENVER (CBS4) — Denver’s controversial plan to cull the population of Canada geese is moving forward after an effort by activists to stop it was blocked by a judge. Wednesday night, they’ll continue their fight at a public meeting. (credit: CBS) Denver Parks and Recreation Department managers say the culling is needed to properly control the resident geese population. Last year, Denver culled over 1,600 Canada Geese. This year the city is working with the USDA towards a goal of 40 percent reduction, or by about 2,000 within 5 years. So far, the plan this year includes: 50 geese at Garfield Park 50 geese at Harvey Park 100 geese at Sloan’s Lake 30 geese at Barnum Park 25 geese at Garland Park 100 geese at the City Park Golf Course Parks and Recreation wildlife biologists have said resident geese droppings post a health risk to people and habitat. On average, a single goose can leave at least a pound of droppings a day. The department said it has tried a number of methods including egg oiling, hazing —...