Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2022 - 21:31:18
94 results - (0.003 seconds)

the Astroworld:

latest news at page 1:
    Travis Scott went to a post-show party hosted by Drake after eight people died at his concert - partying with his fellow rapper despite the concert being called off mid-show due to medical emergencies. Scott, 30, had his set on Friday evening in Houston interrupted by ambulances. He was unable to finish his performance, and the show was called off early. During a song, at around 9:30pm, Scott stops the music and, seeing an ambulance arrive, says: 'What the f*** is that?' He then carries on.  Live Nation stopped the concert roughly 30 minutes earlier than planned, around 10:10pm - 40 minutes after city officials said the 'mass casualty event' had begun. Yet despite the ambulances, and the 'mass casualty' declaration, and the show being called off, the rapper then went to a sports bar in Houston to celebrate with Drake - who appeared on stage with him. Travis Scott, who was born in Houston, began the festival in 2018 to thank his hometown fans. On Friday night eight people were killed at the show, and dozens injured Scott paused...
    Kendall Jenner was seen for the first time since attending rap star Travis Scott's deadly Astroworld music festival in Houston over the weekend. Just days after the horrific crowd crush that killed eight people and injured hundres, the supermodel, 26, headed to an appointment in Beverly Hills.   For her meeting, the 818 Tequila founder wore a colorful crocheted sweater and matching bucket hat over her straightened glossy brown tresses.    Low-profile: Kendall Jenner was seen for the first time since attending rap star Travis Scott's deadly Astroworld music festival in Houston over the weekend Devin Booker's girlfriend styled her effortlessly chic ensemble with a pair of flared white trousers, beige clogs and white socks.  RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next What tragedy? Kim Kardashian pushes ahead to cash in $1... Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner slammed for taking daughter... Share this article Share Jenner stayed safe by keeping her nose and mouth covered under a face mask amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic on Monday. Not long after her arrival, she returned to the solace...
    Drake looked somber as he was spotted out in public for the first time following Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival, which left eight people dead and hundreds injured. The “Girls Want Girls” rapper, 35, was photographed going incognito in a black hoodie and camo cargo pants as he touched down on his private jet, dubbed Air Drake, in Toronto on Tuesday. The rapper looked low-key in a black hoodie and camo pants. TheImageDirect.com The rapper looked low-key in a black hoodie and camo pants. TheImageDirect.com The rapper looked low-key in a black hoodie and camo pants. TheImageDirect.com The rapper looked low-key in a black hoodie and camo pants. TheImageDirect.com Ad Up Next Close Kim Kardashians Skims x Fendi launch pulls in $1M in one minute The shapewear mogul's new collaboration with the high-fashion brand pulled... 4 View Slideshow Back Continue Share this: Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window) Flipboard WhatsApp Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Click to...
    THE deaths of eight music fans, killed in a stampede at Travis Scott's Astroworld festival, have sparked an outpouring of grief and shock across the US. Civil lawsuits have already been filed on behalf of victims, with lawyers arguing festival organizers failed to provide adequate security measures to prevent the stampedes. 3Eight music fans were killed at the Travis Scott gigCredit: Getty 3Civil lawsuits have already been filed on behalf of victims after the Astroworld tragedyCredit: AP Victims of the tragedy include 21-year-old student Axel Acosta and schoolboy John Hilgert, who was just 14. Student Franco Patiño, 21, Danish Baig, 27, Brianna Rodriguez, 16, Jacob Jurinek, Madison Dubiski, 23,  and Rudy Peña, 23, are also among those killed. Here The Sun looks at concerns raised by officials prior to the festival and the handling of the incident in its aftermath. WARNED BY COPS Police said they spoke with Scott and his team over security concerns ahead of the festival. Houston's police chief Troy Finner said: "I met with Travis Scott and his head of security for...
    An Astroworld security guard bailed on the night of the concert because training lacked and the venue was 'severely understaffed' for the 50,000-strong crowd - an alarm for the deadly crush that would later ensue, where eight were trampled to death and hundreds more were left hospitalized. Darius Williams was hired just days before the fatal two-day festival, headlined by Travis Scott, under 'pretty vague' conditions and said he finished his training at 11 p.m. the night before the Friday event. When he showed up to work the next morning, he 'just knew that we were definitely understaffed in every sense of the word,' Williams told TMZ.  'There was probably one security guard - from what I saw - for every 500 to 1,000,' he predicted. 'So I knew immediately if two people decided to rush the gate it was over with.' TMZ Privacy Policy Astroworld security guard Darius Williams was hired just days before the fatal two-day festival under 'pretty vague' conditions. When he showed up for work the next morning he was being put in 'security-type roles,...
    By Raja Razek, CNN A 9-year-old boy who was seriously injured at the Astroworld Festival on Friday night is in a medically induced coma in an attempt to overcome trauma to his brain, according to the boy’s grandfather. Bernon Blount told CNN his grandson, Ezra Blount, was in town to see “his favorite artist” and attended the concert with his father, Treston Blount. “When my son went to the concert, he had my grandson on his shoulder,” Blount said. “All the people pushed in and he could not breathe so he ended up passing out because of all the pressure that was being applied to his body. And when he passed out, Ezra fell off his shoulder and fell into the crowd. When Bernon’s son came to, his grandson Ezra had already been taken to the hospital as a John Doe. “They did not know anything about him, his name or anything because he got separated from my son,” Bernon said. When the father regained consciousness, “instead of being seen or getting himself checked out, he went and tried to...
    (CNN)Drake is speaking out for the first time since the Astroworld Festival in Houston which resulted in the deaths of eight concertgoers. He took to Instagram and wrote, "I've spent the past few days trying to wrap my mind around this devastating tragedy. I hate resorting to this platform to express an emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself," he wrote.Travis Scott out of Vegas festival as more Astroworld lawsuits are filed and investigators look into the possible role of illegal drugs"My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering. I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all."Drake had performed at the festival on Friday, which over 50,000 fans attended.Travis Scott, the music festival's founder, said on Monday that he will cover all funeral costs for the eight victims who died. Separately, organizers of Astroworld will provide a full refund to all ticketholders -- both those...
    Kim Kardashian has come out in support of Travis Scott, saying that the rapper 'cares so much for his fans' after eight people were killed in a crush at his Astroworld Festival. 'Absolutely heartbroken for the lives who were lost and anyone who was hurt at Astroworld. Just like all of you, our family is in shock by the tragedy,' Kim tweeted.  'We are keeping all of the victims, families and loved ones impacted in our prayers for healing - as well as Travis who we know cares so much about his fans and is truly devastated.' Scott, 30, who shares a daughter with Kim's sister Kylie Jenner, 24, is being sued along with Drake for 'inciting mayhem' at the event in Houston that saw a 14-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl killed.  Furious relatives of the victims are demanding that Scott be held accountable for the tragedy after he continued performing for up to 30 minutes as people were killed and crowds chanted 'stop the show.' The rapper, who said he was 'devastated' about the deaths and couldn't 'imagine...
    At a 2000 European music festival, nine people were killed after a crowd stampede that occurred while the band Pearl Jam performed. A day of rain had soaked the grounds of the Roskilde Festival in Denmark to mud. After vendors had run out of boots, concertgoers began wrapping plastic bags around their shoes. That made it difficult to navigate the pavement at the Orange Stage, where an estimated 50,000 fans had turned up to see the Seattle rockers perform. Before Pearl Jam began playing, audience members pushed to get close to the stage. The surge only became more aggressive once the music started, perhaps because of sound issues with speakers further back, according to accounts given to Rolling Stone at the time. As the mosh pit intensified, security guards noticed that things were more intense than usual. Something seemed off. One guard, named Per Johansen, was stationed by the pit near the crowd barrier, his job to hurl fans out of the crowd to safety if they surfed to the edge or got caught in a violent melee. “There were...
    A nine-year-old boy who was dropped by his father as he held him above the crush of bodies at Friday's deadly Astroworld Festival is in a medically induced coma with extensive damage to his lungs, heart and brain. Ezra Blount was among the hundreds of concertgoers hospitalized during the stampede at the Travis Scott show.  The boy traveled from his mother's home in Dallas to see one of his favorite artists with his dad, Treston. But the father-son outing quickly turned into a nightmare.  Treston said he passed out while holding up Ezra so he wouldn't be crushed. When he came to at the venue's medical tent, his son had been admitted by himself to an area hospital as a John Doe.  'Due to his severe injuries which are swelling in the back of brain damage and trauma to nearly all organs we are certain that he was trampled and is still in induced coma,' Treston wrote on a GoFundMe initiative for his son, which has raised nearly $7,000 in just three hours. Ezra Blount (pictured), 9, traveled from his...
    Friends and family of the eight young people who died and those of the hundreds who were injured at Travis Scott's music festival in Houston are demanding that the rapper be held accountable for the tragedy, as his guest star Drake broke his silence to mourn the victims.  Relatives on Monday were still coming to terms with the disaster, which saw victims aged from 14 to 27 crushed to death on Friday night as a sizable group of the 50,000 in attendance pushed toward the stage at NRG Park as a timer clicked down to the start of the performance.  One woman, identified only as Rachel, was furious over the death of her friend Franco Patino, a 21-year-old from Illinois, studying at the University of Dayton in Ohio. 'My friend is gone FOREVER because of Astroworld,' she tweeted.  'The anger I have over this is insane. Travis Scott is going to have to do a hell of a lot more than post a notes-app apology.' Travis Scott, who was born in Houston, began the festival in 2018 to thank his...
     Drake has finally issued a statement three days after his performance alongside Travis Scott at the Astroworld Festival in Houston, Texas which left eight dead and several others severely injured. The 35-year-old Canadian rapper - born Aubrey Drake Graham - took to his Instagram on Monday night to post about the 'devastating tragedy' as he said his 'heart is broken' over the events which took place that night. He wrote to his 95million followers: 'I've spend the past few days trying to wrap my mind around this devastating tragedy. 'I hate resorting to this platform to express an emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself.'  Drake has finally issued a statement three days after his performance alongside Travis Scott at the Astroworld Festival in Houston, Texas which left eight dead and several others severely injured, he is seen in a since deleted Instagram photo posted from the event Drake concluded his message by acknowledging the friends and family of those who died at the concert or suffered debilitating injuries.  He said: 'My heart is broken...
    FASHION brands Fendi and SKIMS have joined forces to debut their modern collection, said to be "a first of its kind." The long-awaited collaboration is set to drop November 9, 2021, at 9am EST. 2SKIMS and Fendi will drop their collection on November 9, 2021 What is the Fendi x SKIMS collection? Kim Kardashian West will launch a limited edition SKIMS x Fendi collection. The collection is a collaboration with fashion designer and Fendi womenswear Artistic Director Kim Jones. “Kim Jones and I have been close friends for years. I love his creative spirit and how he understands luxury in a way that makes total sense for how people want to dress," Kim Kardashian stated on the inspiration behind the collaboration. "He works extremely hard, and as a workaholic myself, I recognize and admire the passion he puts into everything he does." The collection is aimed towards the modern woman. 2SKIMS is Kim Kardashian's solution wear brandCredit: Getty MORE ON KIM KARDASHIAN Breaking'FAMILY IN SHOCK' Kim Kardashian ‘heartbroken’ after Astroworld tragedy where 8 people died'CEASE-AND-DESIST' Kim Kardashian is 'DONE' with...
    A 23-year-old former Ole Miss student whose brother tried to pull her to safety before she disappeared into the crowd has been identified as the eighth victim at Travis Scott's Astroworld concert.   Madison Dubiski, of Cypress, and her younger brother Ty were at the concert in Houston, Texas, together on Friday night.  They were physically pulled apart during the show, and as Ty tried to pull her to safety, Madison was sucked into the crowd, according to the Houston Chronicle.  Dubiski is among the eight people who were killed in the ensuing frenzied stampede as rapper Scott continued with his set for at least another 30 minutes, ignoring pleas from panicked concertgoers to stop the music. Hundreds of people were injured and at least 13 are still being treated in hospital.  Dubiski studied at the University of Mississippi between 2016 and 2017 and worked in advertising and marketing, reported the Houston Chronicle. She went to Cy-Fair High School, where she was a Varsity cheerleader and member of National Charity League, a community service organization for mothers and their daughters in middle...
    TRAVIS Scott appears to have spat at a fan and told the crowd to "f*** him up", in shocking newly resurfaced footage. The rapper eggs on concertgoers, telling them to attack the man after accusing him of trying to steal his shoe. 3Newly resurfaced video appears to show Travis Scott spit at a fanCredit: YouTube/SRF Virus 3Scott also eggs on concertgoers, telling them to attack the man after accusing him of trying to steal his shoeCredit: YouTube/SRF Virus In the clip - thought to have been taken in July 2015 at Openair Frauenfeld in Switzerland - Scott stops his show and repeatedly says: "F*** him up." He singles out the fan he accuses of trying to steal his shoe, telling the crowd: "Get that motherf***er, get him." Scott adds: "Come here, b***h. You tried to take my shoe. You want to be a thief." The fan is pulled out of the crowd by security as others appear to hit him. Scott then appears to spit on the young man as he encourages the crowd to boo him....
    Rapper Travis Scott says he'll cover the funeral costs for the eight people killed during a violent crowd surge at his Astroworld Festival as he's hit with a slew of lawsuits from surviving victims who accuse him of causing 'extreme distress'. A number of injury lawyers, including famed civil rights attorney Ben Crump, are claiming that Scott, Live Nation and other parties behind the festival failed to provide the necessary security measures to prevent the stampede that injured hundreds of people, in addition to the eight fatalities. As 11 more lawsuits poured in on Monday, Scott pledged to cover all funeral costs and announced that he will be partnering with BetterHelp to supply free one-on-one online therapy to any concertgoers impacted by the tragic events at Astroworld. He will also refund the cost of all tickets. But attendees and their lawyers, including Crump – who is representing Noah Gutierrez, 21 – said that the tragedy was 'years in the making' because of a history of injuries reported at Scott's performances, including three hospitalizations at the same event in 2019. The...
    The Best Black Friday Retro Gaming Deals of 2021 Jaylen Brown injury update: Celtics star out one-to-two weeks with hamstring strain Eight people, including two teenagers, died while many more were injured after a crowd surge during Travis Scott's Friday night performance at Houston's Astroworld music festival. © Provided by Entertainment Weekly THOMAS SHEA/AFP via Getty Images A memorial for the victims of the Astroworld concert tragedy Friday night The victims, who ranged in age from 14 to 27, were among the crowd of 50,000 fans in attendance when a rush of people stormed the stage at NRG Stadium. About 25 people were also taken to local hospitals. As of Sunday, 13 remained hospitalized. © Provided by Entertainment Weekly THOMAS SHEA/AFP via Getty Images A memorial for the victims of the Astroworld concert tragedy Friday night Here, we remember the victims who have been publicly identified. John Hilgert, 14 The youngest victim, Hilgert, who attended the concert with a 15-year-old friend, was a freshman at Memorial High School in Spring Branch, Tex. "Our hearts go out to the student's family and...
    KYLIE Jenner's products are being tossed in the trash on TikTok following the shocking tragedy at her baby daddy Travis Scott's Astroworld festival. On Friday night, eight of the rapper's fans died, as he and Drake are now being sued. 5Kylie Jenner's products are being thrown out by some angry fansCredit: Kylie Jenner 5Some fans are parting ways with the pregnant star's products following the shocking tragedy that occurred at Travis Scott's Astroworld festivalCredit: TikTok/sarahkaye75 Various users on the popular platform are making it clear they are done with the Keeping Up With the Kardashians alum as they are filming themselves throwing out her products. One person, known as @sarahkaye75 on TikTok, shared a clip of herself holding up a Kylie Cosmetics palette before throwing it in the garbage can. She wrote over the short video: "Me after watching Kylie post videos on her story of ambulances while people dying. Girl bye." The user also captioned: "Praying for all of those who lost their lives and those who are injured." Another creator, named @Abbyvadies, also shared a similar video with...
    THE Kardashians have been slammed for their "tone-deaf" posts amid the Astroworld tragedy, but it's not the first time the famous family have been accused of "insensitivity". From Kim's luxury island getaway and Kendall's "unsafe" birthday party during the coronavirus pandemic to Kylie's "blackfishing" accusations, the reality stars have faced their fair share of backlash. 'OUT OF TOUCH' KHLOE, KRIS AND KOURTNEY 16Khloe was slammed for sharing a selfie with Scott from the night of the Astroworld tragedyCredit: Instagram/Khloe Kardashian 16Kourtney promoted her lifestyle website Poosh after the devastating eventCredit: Kourtney Kardashian/Instagram 16Kris bragged about the roses she received from Travis Barker for her 66th birthdayCredit: Instagram/krisjenner Khloe, Kourtney and their mom Kris were all slammed over their social media activity in the wake of a crowd surge during Travis Scott's set at Astroworld Festival in Houston. Eight people died and hundreds were injured in a horrifying stampede at NRG Park on Friday evening. Despite the devastating event, several members of the KUWTK clan failed to acknowledge the innocent deaths. Kourtney was slammed for promoting her lifestyle website Poosh on...
    Houston Police Chief Troy Finner personally warned Travis Scott about the crowd at Astroworld before the concert turned deadly, according to the New York Times.  “The Houston police chief, who knows Mr. Scott personally and felt the musician had been trying to do good for his hometown, said that he visited Mr. Scott in his trailer before his show on Friday and conveyed concerns about the energy in the crowd, according to a person with knowledge of the chief’s account,” reported the Times.  Finner was reportedly concerned that the “energy” of Scott’s fans had been building up for months, as they were eager to see the rapper live again following the hiatus caused by the pandemic. At least eight people were killed, and hundreds injured, during a crowd surge incident while Scott was performing on Friday night. “The one person who can really call for and get a tactical pause when something goes wrong is that performer. They have that bully pulpit and they have a responsibility,” said Fire Chief Samuel Peña on Sunday. “If somebody would have said, ‘Hey, shut this thing...
    SURVIVORS of Travis Scott's Astroworld gig have told how they saw "terror in the faces" of people caught in the stampede that killed eight people. Fans Zachary Scott and Kaia Redus have branded the festival the "concert from hell" after the tragedy struck when the 50,000-strong crowd surged as rapper Travis Scott took to the stage. 3Kaia Redus and Zachary Scott have branded the festival the 'concert from hell'Credit: ABC 3Eight people were killed in a stampede at the gig in Houston, Texas on FridayCredit: ABC The pair traveled to Houston, Texas, for the gig on Friday after posing for a smiley selfie - but say they have been left traumatized by the horror that unfolded around them as people pushed forward. Zachary and Kaia said they "barely made it out alive" after getting caught stuck in the stampede. "They ruined Astroworld fest," Zachary, 20, told ABC13. "The first time it was something where you have a fun time and you have fun stories to tell. This time you barely made it out alive. "Astroworld was totally different. It was like...
    (CNN)A crowd surge at a Houston music festival on Friday crushed concertgoers as they were left trampled and gasping for air, struggling to survive against a wall of people pressing forward toward the stage. Police are investigating the potential causes of the surge, which occurred at the Astroworld Festival at NRG Park and led to the deaths of eight people as well as many more injured. The show continued for 40 minutes after initial reports of spectators being harmed reached first responders.As authorities piece together the moments before and after the surge, here's a timeline of what happened, according to officials, witness accounts and CNN reporting: Before the show: Earlier in the day, video from CNN affiliate KPRC showed numerous people rushing through a VIP entrance at the event -- knocking over metal detectors and other people as well as ignoring security staff.JUST WATCHED'Some kind of crowd surge': Crowds seen pushing through entrances earlierReplayMore Videos ...MUST WATCH'Some kind of crowd surge': Crowds seen pushing through entrances earlier 01:15The video showed some people helping a few others up. Houston Fire Chief...
    Facebook/Twitter/GoFundMe These are the victims who died at the Astroworld concert in Houston, Texas, in November 2021. Eight people died in a crowd surge at Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival in Houston, Texas, on Friday, November 5, 2021. The victims range in age from 14 to 27. At least 25 people were hospitalized during the disaster at the concert festival and others were treated at the scene, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said at a press conference. About 50,000 people attended the concert at NRG Stadium. The victims have been identified by family members as John Hilgert, 14; Brianna Rodriguez, 16; Franco Patino, 21; Jake Jurinek, 20; Axel Acosta, 21; Danish Baig, 27; Rudy Peña, 23; and Madison Dubiski, 23. Several other people were hospitalized and more than a dozen remained under treatment on Sunday, November 7, authorities said. Their conditions weren’t immediately known. The causes of death and other aspects of the tragic incident remain under investigation, Houston officials said on November 7. Turner told reporters, “There are a lot of unanswered questions. Over the next several days, several...
    Grammy winner Roddy Ricch was the first of the 22 acts to perform at Friday's deadly Astroworld Festival in Texas to offer to donate his entire paycheck to the 'families of this incident.' 'Please have the families of those who we lost yesterday reach out to @shawnholiday,' the 23-year-old rapper - who boasts 27.3M social media followers - wrote via Instastory on Saturday. 'I'll [be] donating my net compensation to the families of this incident. #pray4houston.'   Considerate: Grammy winner Roddy Ricch was the first of the 22 acts to perform at Friday's deadly Astroworld Festival in Texas to offer to donate his entire paycheck to the 'families of this incident' Roddy (born Rodrick Moore Jr.) had performed a half-hour set between 5:30-6pm on the Thrills Stage at Houston's NRG Park - three hours before the deadly crowd crush. Nine-time Grammy nominee SZA - who performed 7:30-8pm - tweeted: 'Speechless about last night I'm actually in shock [and] don't even know what to say... just praying for everyone in Houston especially the families of those that lost their lives.' RELATED ARTICLES...
    Ireland Baldwin responded to the mass casualty incident that occurred at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival in Houston on Friday. In three posts that the 26-year-old model shared to her Instagram Story on Saturday, Baldwin said that the tragedy was 'not Travis Scott's fault' but added, 'he incites the rage.' The Grudge Match star later deleted the posts, explaining, 'people on the internet are so scary and so misinformed.' Speaking out: Ireland Baldwin responded to the mass casualty incident that occurred at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival in Houston on Friday. Seen in 2019 Eight people, including a 14-year-old and a 16-year-old, died after a deadly crowd surge at the festival, which also left many others injured.    RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Hailey Bieber is a modern muse in a structured white gown... 'I have ended up simplifying myself': Holly Willoughby... 'I still fancy him': Holly Willoughby gushes over husband... Justin Bieber sports new Yeezy boots for Saturday brunch... Share this article Share In Baldwin's first post, she wrote: 'Y'all are really...
    A festivalgoer at Astroworld has sued Travis Scott and Drake for over a million dollars, claiming the rappers 'incited the crowd' that left him 'severely injured' and eight others dead.  Kristian Paredes, 23, from Austin, Texas, filed the complaint obtained by DailyMail.com Sunday accusing the rappers, Live Nation Entertainment Inc. and Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation of negligence.  According to the complaint, Drake 'came on stage alongside Travis Scott and helped incite the crowd.' He accuses Drake of continuing to perform with Travis Scott 'as the crowd became out of control' and 'while the crowd mayhem continued.'    He is now seeking over $1million in damages.   Rappers Travis Scott and Drake are being sued for over a million dollars by a man who claims he was left 'severely injured' in the crowd Kristian Paredes, 23, from Austin, Texas, filed the complaint obtained by DailyMail.com Sunday According to the complaint, Drake 'came on stage alongside Travis Scott and helped incite the crowd.' He accuses Drake of continuing to perform with Travis Scott 'as the crowd became out of control' and ' while the crowd...
    (CNN)A mechanical engineering technology student from Illinois and a man who was trying to save his fiancée are among the eight people who died at the Astroworld Festival in Houston Friday night, authorities said.Seven of the victims have been identified, officials said, and the families of six victims have been notified. Authorities are asking for help to identify a man in his early 20s.Here's what we know about some of the victims.Franco Patino, 21Patino, a senior at the University of Dayton, was studying mechanical engineering technology and human movement biomechanics, according to a statement from the university.Read MoreHe was a member of Alpha Psi Lambda, a Hispanic-interest fraternity, the statement said, and was originally from Naperville, Illinois.Danish Baig, 27Baig died trying to save his fiancée, who was getting stomped on and hit in the crowd surge at the concert, his brother Basil Baig told CNN Sunday. His family says he was an amazing individual who loved with all his heart."People would admire him for who he was," Basil Baig told CNN.His funeral will be held Sunday in Colleyville, Texas, his...
    Fire Amazon Deals: 50% Off Levi’s Jeans, Save $50 on Smokeless Fire Pits, $91 Off Samsonite Spinners New York City Marathon runners take the streets © Provided by People Erika Goldring/WireImage Roddy Ricch is giving back to families impacted by the tragedy at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival on Friday night. The 23-year-old rapper, who was one of several performers at the music festival at NRG Park in Houston, announced Saturday on Instagram that he will be donating his earnings to victims of the mass casualty event. "I'll b donating my net compensation to the families of this incident," he wrote on his Instagram Story. At least eight people died and dozens of others were injured in the chaos of Friday's event, according to city officials. The victims' ages range from 14 to 27. On Saturday, PEOPLE confirmed that the youngest patient transported to a nearby hospital was aged 10. NBC News reported the child is in critical condition. RELATED: Rudy Peña's Family Wants Justice and Answers After Losing 23-Year-Old at Astroworld: 'How Did This Happen?' John Hilgert, a...
    CHICAGO (CBS) – A college student from Naperville has been identified as one of the eight people who were killed during the Astroworld concert in Houston Friday. Franco Patino, 21, from Naperville identified as one of the victims from Astroworld concert. READ MORE: Man Arrested After Barricading Himself Inside Apartment In Hyde ParkIn a statement from University of Dayton, Franco Patino, 21, was a senior at the university where he majored in mechanical engineering technology and minored in human movement biomechanics. He was also active in multiple organizations on campus including being a member of Alpha Psi Lambda, a Hispanic interest fraternity. The Fraternity shared the news of Patino on Twitter. It is with a very heavy heart, Alpha Psi Lambda shares that our brother, Franco “Cuauhocelotl” Patino, has passed on to Omega Chapter. Franco joined the Alpha Nu Chapter (@univofdayton) in the Spring of 2020 with Los Unidos.#alphapsilambda #omegachapter #familia #inmemoryof pic.twitter.com/94V4D1sK5B — Alpha Psi Lambda (@AlphaPsiLambda) November 6, 2021   READ MORE: Chicago Weather: Warm Temps To Start The Week, Rain And Cooler Temps By...
    Travis Scott took to Instagram Saturday night (pictured) after eight people died during his performance at Astroworld Festival Travis Scott shared his shock after eight people were crushed at his Houston concert on Friday - but the rapper has twice been convicted for encouraging fans to jump security barriers and rush the stage at previous concerts.  Scott, born Jacques Bermon Webster II, posted an emotional video saying he was 'devastated' about the deaths at Houston's Astroworld Fest hours on his Instagram Saturday. He added: 'I can't imagine anything like this happening.' But that has raised eyebrows over footage showing multiple incidents of crowds stampeding towards Scott at prior performances at Lollapalooza in Chicago in 2015, and at an indoor venue in Arkansas in 2017. Meanwhile, a fan who was paralyzed after falling from a balcony during a Scott concert in April 2017 has lashed the singer in Rolling Stone, and blasted him for putting fans' safety at risk. There's no suggestion Scott asked fans to rush his stage during the performance that ended with eight deaths on Friday. One nurse who was...
    TRAVIS Scott’s Astroworld Festival has been slammed by a concert-goer as the “worst poorly managed” and “disorganized” they had been to. A total of eight people tragically lost their lives Friday at the NRG Park, Houston, when a crowd of around 50,000 people stampeded. 5Washington claimed the security at Astroworld were being 'slow' in letting people inCredit: ABC13 5Travis Scott was on stage when the stampede happenedCredit: Getty 5Washington said the festival was 'poorly managed'Credit: Houston Police Officers' Union Those killed ranged in ages from 14 to 27 while Scott said he was "absolutely devastated". Actor Washington Ho, who was attending the festival with his wife Leslie, slammed the organisers Live Nation saying the event was “poorly managed”. He told The US Sun: “I've been to concerts all my life, but this was definitely the worst poorly managed, disorganized concert.” Washington, who appears in HBO’s House of Ho, had been given special passes by Levi’s but he said things got “crazy” even when they were waiting in line to get into the VIP area. “We wanted to support a local...
    (CNN)Following a crowd surge at a Houston concert that left at least eight people dead and dozens injured, authorities will examine key causes behind the surge and what could have been done to get attendees out of harm's way, police said Saturday.The crowd at the sold-out Astroworld Festival on Friday night was so tightly packed that when audience members were pushed toward the stage, some told CNN that they were crushed against each other to the point where they couldn't breathe and passed out. At least 8 dead and many injured after crowd surge at Travis Scotts Astroworld Festival in Houston, officials sayLocal officials vowed to launch an investigation into what led to the tragedy at the music festival headlined and organized by rapper Travis Scott, saying they will review video from the scene and assess how the venue was laid out. The investigation will cover "what caused, one, the issue of the crowd surge, and two, what prevented people from being able to escape that situation," Houston Fire Chief Sam Peña said Saturday. The Houston Police Department's homicide and...
    HOUSTON (CBSLA) — Marine veteran and Arcadia resident Lucas Naccarati, 26, found himself in a fight for his life as rapper Travis Scott walked onto the stage.  “It is just when this massive wave or push came from behind and people started yelling and passing out and immediately I knew this is not ok. Something is going on.” READ MORE: The U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Stops At Rose BowlNaccarati was one of the thousands of people pressed together at a music festival in Houston right before a large crowd began to push toward the stage squeezing the audience even tighter together.  “Immediately when we got pushed back and we fell is when I thought ‘Dude you cannot fall. If you fall you’re going to die,’” recalled Naccarati. “I remember thinking ‘Do not fall do not fall do not fall.’ That’s when I kicked my leg back and stepped on anything I could.  Losing his footing and fighting for his life, the Marine veteran’s training kicked in as he tried to weave his way out of the densely packed crowd.  “I...
    HOUSTON (CBSLA) — Former Marine and Arcadia resident Lucas Naccarati, 26, found himself in a fight for his life as rapper Travis Scott walked onto the stage.  “It is just when this massive wave or push came from behind and people started yelling and passing out and immediately I knew this is not ok. Something is going on.” READ MORE: Families Of Victims Gathered To Call For An End To Gun ViolenceNaccarati was one of the thousands of people pressed together at a music festival in Houston right before a large crowd began to push toward the stage squeezing the audience even tighter together.  “Immediately when we got pushed back and we fell is when I thought ‘Dude you cannot fall. If you fall you’re going to die,’” recalled Naccarati. “I remember thinking ‘Do not fall do not fall do not fall.’ That’s when I kicked my leg back and stepped on anything I could.  Losing his footing and fighting for his life, the former Marine’s training kicked in as he tried to weave his way out of the densely...
    Social media video shows fans begging Travis Scott to stop his Astroworld Festival Friday night during the crowd surge that left at least eight death and hundreds injured.   Video circulating on Twitter showed the crowd chanting 'stop the show' as concertgoers were being knocked down and crushed by other attendees.  'Fans were recording the concert and people doing CPR. Fans were yelling at the stage crew around us, saying stop the concert, people are dying. No one listened,' ICU nurse and concert attendee Madeline Eskins told Rolling Stone. 'It was definitely overcrowded. It was insane, honestly. I knew it was just way too crowded – it just got worse and worse as I got closer to Travis Scott performing it got more crowded, more crowded, more crowded.'  She also shared that although they are not to blame for the tragedy, the event's medical staff were apparently unprepared and inexperienced. 'Some of these medical staff had little to no experience with CPR - didn't know how to check a pulse, carotid or femoral,' Eskins shared on Instagram. 'Compressions were being done without...
    AS rapper Travis Scott performed at a music festival in Houston, fans surged toward the stage crushing others in their wake. The incident left 8 people dead with many others injured. This hasn’t been the first case of a human stampede that’s ended in fatalities.  6Travis Scott's performance in Houston ended with 8 people dead after a stampedeCredit: Sky, LIVE / Apple music 6The Love Parade in 2010 ended with 21 people dying along with hundreds injured DECEMBER 3, 1979 A concert by The Who turned deadly when thousands of fans rushed to get to the show at Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati. The crush killed 11 people. OCTOBER 20, 1982 A crush of fans leaving a UEFA Cup match at Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow resulted in the deaths of 66 people.  Most of the dead were adolescents, making it Russia’s worst sporting disaster. Most read in The US SunLatestFESTIVAL HORROR 8 dead after crowd surges towards stage at Travis Scott's sold-out showLASER QUEST US developing most powerful laser yet to blast missiles after China’s nuke test'STAY SEXY' Mama June's daughter...
    Warning: This story contains graphic content The horror and helplessness that unfolded at the Astroworld festival was captured in a graphic social media post by a young woman who was trapped in the deadly crush, barely escaped, and tried to get help—only to have her pleas to stop the music go ignored. “I saw terror in every eye that I met,” Seanna McCarty wrote on Instagram after eight people were killed while Travis Scott performed on a Houston stage Friday night. McCarty—whose efforts to raise the alarm were caught on video—said she and a friend wanted to get as close to the stage as possible and found a spot on the side near a walkway—where they stood for two hours. “Every gap was filled. Where your feet was placed was where they stayed,” the Texas A&M student wrote. “Within the first 30 seconds of the first song, people began to drown—in other people... The rush of people became tighter and tighter. Breathing was something only a few people were capable of. “The rest were crushed or unable to breathe in...
    (CNN)Houston's sold-out Astroworld Festival was packed Friday night with about 50,000 people in another sign of a nation anxious to escape the pandemic gloom and let loose. Then, just after 9 p.m., with rapper and event organizer Travis Scott performing, the densely packed crowd began pushing toward the illuminated stage, officials said.At least eight people were killed and dozens injured in the ensuing crowd surge that, according to people at the concert, apparently overwhelmed event staff and medical personnel at NRG Park. The dead ranged in age from 14 to 27. Paul Wertheimer, who founded the Crowd Management Strategies consulting firm and has campaigned for safer concert environments for decades, called what happened at the festival a crowd crush -- a highly preventable tragedy, he said, as old as rock 'n' roll. "Standing room environments -- often called festival seating -- are the most dangerous and deadly crowd configuration at live entertainment events," he said. Read MoreAt least 8 dead and many injured at Astroworld Festival in Houston"It forces people in a crowd to compete against each other for the...
    News of the Astroworld tragedy dominated social media on Saturday, including a series of disturbing videos bringing the scene into horrific relief. On Friday night, at least 8 people were killed and dozens were hospitalized in a crowd surge incident during a performance by rapper Travis Scott at the Astroworld Festival in Houston. Mr. Scott released a statement Saturday expressing regret over the incident: I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival. Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life. I am committed to working together with the Houston community to heal and support the families in need. Thank you to Houston PD, Fire Department and NRG Park for their immediate response and support. Love You All. The news dominated Twitter on Saturday, making it the top trending topic. Many of those posts included very disturbing videos from the event, such as a clip showing a woman climbing onstage and repeatedly screaming “There’s...
    TRAVIS Scott told festival goers he would see them "on the other side" of his sell-out concert in a message tragically followed by a deadly stampede. The words were emblazoned in LED lights behind the rapper as he performed on stage at the third annual Astroworld music festival at NRG Park in Houston on Friday. 6Travis Scott performed on stage at the tragic event on Friday 6The words 'see ya on the other side' were lit up behind him on stage and shared online The event ended in tragedy as eight people were confirmed dead and hundreds said to be injured following a devastating crush in the crowd. "See ya on the other side" was also featured on merchandise for the gig. Despite the message written in large neon lights behind him, Scott could not have foreseen the tragedy. He reportedly stopped a number of times during his 75-minute performance and begged security workers to help as he witnessed the tragedy ensue. Around 50,000 fans had shown up for the two-day event, which sold out within an...
    A TRAGIC mass casualty incident happened at the Travis Scott Astroworld Festival. Here's what we know about it. 1Travis Scott performs onstage during the third annual Astroworld Festival at NRG Park on November 5 What happened at the Travis Scott Astroworld Festival? At least eight people are dead and hundreds are said to be injured following a crush at the opening night of rapper Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival. The crowd is said to have surged towards the stage while Scott was performing at the third annual Astroworld music festival at NRG Park in Houston on Friday. A crowd of 50,000 showed up for the two-day event, which sold out within an hour of tickets going live in May this year. Officials in Texas said the crowd began to "compress towards the front of the stage" at around 9.15pm, sparking panic. Most read in The US SunLASER QUEST US developing most powerful laser yet to blast missiles after China’s nuke testHOTEL HORROR Four Americans hurt in Cancun hotel attack that left two deadDEATH IN PARADISE Bloody world of Cancun's cartel wars as gangs...
    RAPPER Travis Scott has his own festival, Astroworld, which takes place each year in Houston, Texas. The highly anticipated line-up for Astroworld 2021 has finally been released. 2Rapper Travis Scott is set to host the third annual Astroworld in November 2021Credit: The Mega Agency How much are Astroworld tickets? The third annual Astroworld festival will be held from November 5-6, 2021, at Houston's NRG Park. Tickets for the two-day festival vary in price. For a general admission ticket, the price is $349.99, plus a $71.35 concert fee. The Stargazing VIP tickets are $724.99, with a $69.43 concert fee. The Stargazing VIP pack includes a dedicated VIP entrance, a special VIP viewing area, a VIP bar, dedicated VIP restrooms, a commemorative VIP laminate and a limited edition festival t-shirt. The t-shirts are one-size, and reportedly fit like a men's large. Top-tier tickets, the No Bystanders VIP, are $999.99 each, with a $77.94 concert fee. It appears both of the VIP packages are sold out, according to the Astroworld website. The No Bystanders VIP pack includes...