Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2022 - 22:04:35
85 results - (0.004 seconds)

was a professional:

latest news at page 1:
    A Belgian professional racing cyclist has claimed she was refused a management role in a men's cycling team because of previous modelling photoshoots which were deemed 'inappropriate'. Tara Gins, 30, rode professionally between 2016 and 2018 for the Lares–Waowdeals and Health Mate–Cyclelive Team squads based in Belgium, and is also a director for Belgian amateur team S-Bikes AGU. But Tara, who often delights her 22,600 Instagram followers with scantily clad photographs, has had her latest career efforts thwarted by her past modelling shoots. Taking to her social media account over the weekend, Tara claimed she had an offer to join an unnamed men's team as a director - the role of coach - revoked over 'inappropriate' photos from her paid modelling gigs. It was apparently suggested that the team's sponsors would dislike any association with the images, which Tara believes refers to her near-naked photoshoot in Playboy and a topless calendar not widely available, according to Cycling News. However, a disgusted Tara insisted 'those were photos I wouldn’t hurt anyone with.'  Tara Gins (pictured), 30, rode professionally between 2016 and 2018 for the Lares–Waowdeals...
    Billionaire investor Leon Black, who was accused of paying Jeffrey Epstein $75million for 'professional services' said Thursday that he's stepping down as CEO of Apollo Global Management after an internal investigation found that he paid the financier $148million in advisory fees.  The company announced Monday that Black had informed the board of directors that 'he will retire as CEO effective on or before July 31, 2021 consistent with best-in-class governance practices'. Black will be succeeded by Marc Rowan.  According to a separate announcement from the company, Apollo said it found no evidence that Black was guilty of any wrongdoings in his past relationship with Epstein, a convicted sex offender who hanged himself in jail in 2019. 'The findings of the report are consistent with statements made by Mr Black and Apollo regarding the prior relationship,' the company said.  The probe, which was conducted by law firm Dechert, 'found no evidence that Mr Black was involved in any way with Mr Epstein’s criminal activities at any time'.  However, the investigation did find that Black paid Epstein $148million in advisory fees and donated $10million to...
    Pat Sajak opened up about his friend, the late Alex Trebek, and said “no one was better.” “No one admires what he accomplished more than I do,” the legendary host of “Wheel of Fortune” shared with People magazine in a piece published Thursday. “I know a bit about what it takes,” he added. “He was terrific. In terms of courage and grace under pressure, no one was better.” (RELATED: Alex Trebek Begins New Season Of ‘Jeopardy!’ After Completing Cancer Treatment)   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by TODAY (@todayshow) “Just on a professional level, I have been at this a long time and I really admire what he has done, and he had done so much,” Sajak continued.  “When I started [Wheel of Fortune]… Alex [Trebek] had already done a half a dozen, maybe more, game shows here and in Canada.” (RELATED: Alex Trebek Announces He Was Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer) The game show host said his late friend was “always highly professional” and called him the “perfect match for his show.” “As...
    Jake Paul vs Nate Robinson may be almost a month in the past, but the talking points still exist. Watching Paul dispatch a former NBA Dunk Contest Champion has led to the hype for a fight against Conor McGregor. While that fight may be asinine, the chatter around it is real. All because Nate Robinson fell flat to a spectacular KO. The main eventer that night, Roy Jones Jr. gave his thoughts on the matchup and said he knew Robinson was doomed from the start. “First of all, it’s not a fight that Nate should even take, because Nate is about 5’9 5’10 a 181 pounds… Jake Paul came down from 210 to 189. One guy knows how to pull away and how to play the weight game. The other guy has no clue. So you’re already smarter than him. Jones Jr. added, “Jake Paul and Nate. Nate is way too small to be in a boxing ring with a weighed down Jake. Paul. I saw him at the weigh-in. I said, ‘Oh gosh.’” Jake Paul: Size does matter?...
    Billionaire investor Leon Black denied allegations that Jeffrey Epstein blackmailed him for millions of dollars over the last decade, saying such claims were 'categorically untrue.' The Apollo Global Management, Inc. CEO both acknowledged and defended himself against the accusations on Thursday, when he gave his most comprehensive account to date of his ties with Epstein during the company's third-quarter earnings call. The company's stock plummeted $500million this month after it was revealed that Black reportedly transferred between $50 million and $75 million to Epstein for 'professional services.'  Several investors in Apollo's funds expressed concerns as much of the payments to Epstein came after his 2008 conviction for procuring an underage girl for prostitution and of soliciting a prostitute.  Billionaire Leon Black (left) on Thursday denied allegations that he was blackmailed by Jeffrey Epstein (right) for millions of dollars over the last decade One of the biggest US public pension funds froze new investments in the firm in light of the revelation, and stock shares have yet to make a significant rebound.  'Let me be clear, there has never been...
    The family of a man with a history of mental illness is seeking answers after he was was shot dead by a U.S. Border Patrol agent during a confrontation when he was caught illegally entering the United States last Friday in California. David Villalobos, 30, was seen crossing the Mexico-United States border near the Las Americas Premium Outlets in San Ysidro when he was intercepted by the Border Patrol officer approximately at 5:45pm. The San Diego Police Department announced in a statement that Border Patrol agents attempted to revive Villalobos before paramedics from the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department arrived. Villalobos was pronounced dead at the scene at 6:25pm. David Villalobos (left) pictured with legendary boxing trainer Freddy Roach (left). Villalobos was shot dead last Friday during a confrontation with a U.S. Border Patrol agent after he unlawfully crossed the Mexico-United States border near the Las Americas Premium Outlets in San Ysidro, California. David Villalobos (top right) was shot dead by a U.S. Border Patrol  officer last Friday in San Ysidro, California. The San Diego Police Department announced that Villalobos...
    By Margaryta Chornokondratenko and Sergiy Karazy KYIV, Oct 6 (Reuters) - Belarusian electro-folk singer Rusia Shukiurava fled Minsk in early September but every sight of a police officer or sound of a car with a siren still makes "everything squeeze" inside her. Shukiurava left for Ukraine's capital Kyiv with her 1.5-year-old daughter and mother in the aftermath of Belarus' disputed Aug. 9 presidential election, saying fear for her safety paralysed her in both her personal and professional life. The 40-year-old had been working as a voice trainer for opposition politicians, including Viktor Babariko, a key figure who was later arrested, and worried her professional activity would make her a target for persecution by the authorities. The Freedom Belarus movement, which unites anti-government Belarusian artists, also used one of Shukiurava's songs for a music video featuring women wearing white throwing truncheons, arms and protective equipment into a grave. "I was not able to do anything. All I could do was fear for my life, read news, attend rallies. I was not able to be a proper mother, a proper singer," Shukiurava...
    Murdered professional poker participant Susie Zhao was burned alive after being sexually assaulted — and left so badly charred that the boys who discovered her physique thought it was a Halloween-style prank, a court docket has heard. The 33-year-old participant, recognized in poker circles as “Susie Q,” had soot in her airway after being present in Michigan in July, suggesting “she was alive whereas being burned,” deputy medical expert Dr. Andrew Hanosh informed a listening to Monday, in keeping with video aired on Fox 2 Detroit. “It was extensively burned,” Hanosh mentioned, estimating “not less than 90% of the physique’s floor space” was affected, together with her hair additionally burned off. It was so ugly that the boys who stumbled throughout her physique in White Lake had no thought it was human, one of many males, Ronald Granville, testified. “It was laborious to inform if it was Halloween prank [or] model that was burned,” Granville mentioned, in keeping with Fox 2. There was additionally blood between her legs with in depth injury to her genitals, the court docket heard....
    Prince Harry is 'happier than ever' on his 36th birthday and 'doesn't miss his old life at all', royal experts have claimed. The Duke of Sussex, who today turns the same age his mother Princess Diana was when she died, is 'very content' with his marriage and family and 'thriving' in his professional life, according to Omid Scobie. Scobie, who co-authored the controversial royal biography Finding Freedom which raised eyebrows for its gushing praise and intimate knowledge of Harry and Meghan Markle, 39, told Vanity Fair: 'This is the moment [Harry] can sit back and think, "I made it".' Meanwhile royal commentator Ingrid Seward told the publication that the Duke of Sussex can celebrate his birthday 'on a high', adding: 'He's embracing his new life and everything is an adventure right now. He has moved on very quickly, and I don't think he misses his old life at all.' Prince Harry, pictured in Amsterdam in September 2019, is 'happier than ever' on his 36th birthday and 'doesn't miss his old life at all', royal experts have claimed Writing in Vanity...
    A professional poker player, 33, whose charred remains were found in a remote parking lot in Michigan was bound with zip ties, sexually assaulted and burned alive after meeting a convicted sex offender, 60, at a motel, according to court documents.   Gruesome new details have emerged about the slaying of Susie Zhao, whose badly burned body was discovered at the secluded Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area in Oakland County back on July 13. Homeless sex offender Jeffery Bernard Morris was arrested and charged earlier this month with planning and executing her murder. Court documents obtained Tuesday by WXYZ reveal Morris, who has a long rap sheet including multiple domestic violence charges and is on the sex offender's register, was found with a bloodied baseball bat and bed sheet in his vehicle when he was pulled over and detained by officers days after Zhao's death.  Professional poker player Susie Zhao, 33, (left) whose charred remains were found in a remote parking lot in Michigan was bound with zip ties, sexually assaulted and burned alive after meeting convicted sex offender Jeffery...
    COVID-19 : Photo: RTBF Before the coronavirus crisis, Robin was an electrician on film sets. But for two months, this intermittent show has abandoned the world of cinema to work the land. A primarily financial choice. “The problem with all of this is that I can’t touch unemployment and I also didn’t get temporary unemployment from my serial employer I was shooting on. This direct consequence of confinement, many people have had to pay the costs. Like many of the show’s intermittents, Robin was hit hard by the health crisis. In order not to suddenly fall into poverty, he took a new professional path: that of a market gardener. If the salary is much less advantageous than that of a plateau electrician, passion is very present. The proof in pictures… Through this testimony, Robin openly denounces this endangered status: “What revolts me about this is our status which does not exist. I am still a job seeker even though I am a professional, I work on films, I even work for television. It’s still a job and I don’t...
    Yes, that is a Taylor Swift cap. Insider/Will Martin Professional sport has returned after a long hiatus around the world because of the coronavirus pandemic. For the most part, sports are still being played in empty stadiums, with fans absent to help slow the spread of the virus. In the UK, however, the government is trialing small scale crowds at a limited number of professional events in the next few weeks. Insider was able to attend the first such event, a two-day friendly cricket match in London, last weekend. We found clearly signposted instructions, hand sanitizer aplenty, and a generally safe, comfortable environment. It all felt very encouraging for when sport does eventually return with crowds. Read on to find out more about what it was like. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. In just months, the idea of watching our favourite teams while packed into a stadium with tens of thousands of other fans has gone from a normal, fun thing to do, to something completely alien, and frankly, a somewhat terrifying idea. After a substantial...
    A picture of Kim Kardashian West meeting with rapper Meek Mill to discuss prison reform back in 2018 at Los Angeles hotel has emerged via Twitter on Thursday. The photo clearly shows Kim, 39, and the 33-year-old rapper, real name Robert Rihmeek Williams, meeting in a professional capacity alongside philanthropist Clara Wu at the Waldorf Astoria hotel restaurant, where they are believed to have discussed prison reform.  Earlier this week, in a string of erratic tweets, Kim's husband Kanye West accused the pair of something untoward taking place with the rapper tweeting that Kim was 'out of line' for the meeting, adding that he had been trying to divorce his wife ever since it took place.  Pictured: Kim Kardashian seen with Meek Mill in 2018 as picture proves they DID have a meeting on prison reform at Waldorf Astoria in LA alongside philanthropist Clara Wu Mill was clear in his denial that anything untoward happened between himself and Kim, writing 'Sh** is cappp cmon' - which is slang for lies. And soon after the photo emerged, Mill took to his Twitter account...
    A FORMER British international bodybuilding champion has died aged 43 at her home in Cornwall. Joanna Thomas achieved fame competing in the US after becoming the youngest female to earn a pro card at just 21 years old. 5Joanna was once the UK's youngest bodybuilding female champion 5The former champion died at her home in Cornwall in AprilCredit: Facebook She grew up in Camborne, Cornwall, before moving to Fort Lauderdale in Florida to pursue her career. Joanna trained at the Gold's Gym in Venice, California, in a bodybuilding career spanning more than a decade. At 21, Joanna got her International Federation of Body Builders pro card - a qualification making her a professional, following a win at a regional contest weight class. In 2005, she also featured in a Channel Five documentary called Supersize She - depicting her training before the 2004 Ms Olympia contest. However, last year Joanna created an online fundraising page to raise money towards helping her get back on track after health problems which stemmed from her bodybuilding. On the page, she also mentioned suffering from...
    A WORKING mum-of-two claims she was fired from her job because her boss was sick of her young kids being around during work calls. Dris Wallace, a mommy blogger and account executive from San Diego, California, starting working from home in March due to the coronavirus pandemic, while taking care of her two young kids - daughter Dani, four, and son Dylan, one.  6Dris Wallace is mum to daughter Dani, four, and son Dylan, oneCredit: moderncalimom/Instagram The mum, who's known as Modern Cali Mom online, admitted that her first week working from home was stressful, as her demanding job meant "multiple calls, emails and unrealistic expectations". Writing an essay published by ScaryMommy.com, she explained that her role was to help her boss with their existing clients and obtain new clients - which meant lots of business calls during the day.  She wrote: "The pressure from my boss was creating so much stress. The kids were always interrupting, and the baby wanted to nurse all the time. They constantly had to wait for me to finish getting something done so I could tend to...
    A CROWDFUNDING campaign has been launched to commemorate footballer Jack Leslie with a statue in Plymouth.  But who is Jack Leslie and will there be a statue made for him? Here is everything we know. 2Jack Leslie was the first Black professional football player to play for EnglandCredit: PA:Press Association Who was Plymouth Argyle footballer Jack Leslie? Jack Leslie was a professional football player who was born in 1901.  Leslie was the only professional Black player in England during his time with the Plymouth Argyle.  He was also the only professional Black player in England between 1921 and 1934. He retired from professional football in 1935, playing his last game, and scoring his last goal, on 29 December 1934 in a 3–1 win against Fulham. 2Leslie retired from football in 1935Credit: Crowdfunder Will there be a statue made in Jack Leslie's memory? A crowdfunding campaign has been launched to build a statue of the football legend outside Home Park in Plymouth.  The aim is to raise at least £100,000 for a bronze statue.  It comes after the council agreed to change...
    The coronavirus has complicated everyone’s existence, including Wallapop and second-hand online markets. Paralyzed the economy, any related activity came behind. “During confinement, the sector has fallen,” explains Rob Cassedy in a meeting with the media, “it has been a difficult time.” In any case, they do not dare to make evaluations, you have to wait the next few months to see what happens. After, or we could say during, are working on the new ways of expansion of the company. The market for private users has already conquered it, now they want B2B. The reality is that it was a sector that had already been using Wallapop in some way, now the technology company wants to focus on them. “We believe it will help small businesses create a classifieds channel,” Cassedy explains. About your monetization? They do not want to anticipate events, but for the time being it would follow the advertising promotion system that Wallapop already launched years ago for individuals. Interest in sustainability The company’s trend now goes through its focus on sustainability. Just before the start of...
    Get trout of right here! A Louisiana man was busted after going for a swim by means of a big fish tank at an outside recreation retailer, authorities mentioned. Kevin Sensible, 26, was charged with easy felony injury to property for his surreptitious dip Thursday at a Bass Professional Outlets in Bossier Metropolis, information station KTAL-TV reported. Video confirmed a completely clothed Sensible swimming with the fish within the indoor aquarium, climbing out and making a soggy run for it out of the shop. “That is attention-grabbing,” mentioned one other buyer, Treasure McGraw, who filmed the weird incident posted to social media. Authorities mentioned that Sensible was arrested after returning to the shop and launched with a quotation to seem in court docket.
    By RUSS O’REILLY, The (Johnstown) Tribune-Democrat JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) — At the Greater Johnstown School District, a call for Mr. Jones could mean Michael or Gerald. For the past three years, Michael Jones and his son Gerald Jones have been working together, helping students of the district navigate their studies. Michael Jones’ career as a paraprofessional in the district began in 2010. He assists teachers in day-to-day schoolwork with students. Gerald joined him as a learning support specialist in the district after his service in the U.S Army ended. “I was happy to learn we would be working together,” Michael said. “We both enjoy working with kids, getting them back on the right track.” Michael also served in the Army in the ’90s during Operation Desert Storm, as a supply specialist at Fort Hood in Texas. Gerald entered the Army in 2014 during the War in Afghanistan and completed his service in 2018. This summer, Gerald is preparing to virtually tutor elementary school students while Michael is organizing summer course offerings to students who need a second chance to pass...
    Getty Josh Gordon It doesn’t matter what discussion board, podcast or different New England Patriots associated dialog you have interaction, you’ve undoubtedly heard the speak surrounding Josh Gordon’s potential return to the NFL, and his possibilities of touchdown again with the crew that gave him a shot in 2019. Whereas Gordon nonetheless have to be efficiently reinstated after being banned from the league for a number of violations of the NFL’s substance-abuse coverage, one NFL professional has already mentioned the trail for the Patriots to carry again the gifted, however troubled receiver. Comply with the Heavy on Patriots Fb web page for the newest breaking information, rumors, and content material! Patriots’ wage cap professional Miguel Bezan was not too long ago requested by a fan on Twitter whether or not it was financially potential for the crew to signal Gordon with simply over $650,000 of room below the cap. This was Bezan’s response: Sure, if he agrees to a cope with a cap quantity no larger than $1.4M as he would displace...
    A man who was born without legs due to a genetic disorder revealed how the support of his foster family allowed him to entre the world of pro wrestling.  Zion Clark, 22, from Ohio, was born with Caudal Regression Syndrome, a serious disorder which impairs the development of the lower spine.  He explained he grew up in foster care and was often mocked by bullies for having no legs. But his foster mother Kimberlii, who eventually adopted him, was always by his side to cheer him on.  Thanks to Kimberlii's dedicated support for his love of athleticism, Zion is now close to becoming of the world's most successful pro freestyle wrestlers.   Zion Clark, 22, from Ohio was born without legs and wound up in foster care. But this did not stop him from reaching his goal of becoming a top freestyle wrestler and training like any other athlete  'I now train twice a day, about six days a week. It’s a grind, it’s a lifestyle. 'Being born without legs hasn’t stopped me from doing the things I want to...
    OLYMPIAN Andrew Selby has announced his retirement from boxing aged 31 and only 13 professional fights into his career. The Welshman, who represented Britain in the London Games in 2012 but did not medal, revealed he decision to walk away from the sport on Facebook. 1 Andrew Selby has announced his retirement from boxing aged 31Credit: Getty Images He wrote: "Just to let everyone know I've given up the boxing game.. thank you for the fans..sponsors." Selby is regarded as one of the most talented amateur boxers Britain has produced, winning Silver and Bronze world championship medals as well as two European gold's. He turned pro in 2015 winning the British title after five fights and one year in the pro ranks. But a lack of top tier opposition meant Selby's ability was largely unappreciated despite beating ex-world champion Cristofer Rosales in 2017. The flyweight lost his first fight in 2019 to Mexican Julio Cesar Martinez, but won his following two bouts. The boxer - brother to former world champ Lee - suffered devastating news in 2017 following the loss...
    SAN ANTONIO – A San Antonio woman is using her passion for photography to serve the community in honor of her brother/business partner who passed away. Marie Langmore, 53, was born into this passion.Marie Langmore shares passion (Courtesy Marie Langmore) (KSAT)“Both of my parents taught me to give back and I know how much a family portrait means to a family,” Langmore said. “Some families have never had a professional portrait done, so it makes people really happy.” She said it all began with her dad. “My dad was the master photographer,” Langmore said. “He did a book on the American Cowboy. My mom got into it and she started with portrait photography and her three children were her subjects. She actually won her first Kodak contest with me and my dog Snoopy.” Langmore said she and her brothers were constantly photographed. “We would torture my mom when she would photograph us, so I know what it is like to be in front of the camera, but I much prefer to be behind,” Langmore laughed. She said her parents taught...
    Fb Adam Bueller Indie wrestler Adam Bueller tragically misplaced his battle with most cancers, in keeping with the Nice Lakes Wrestling Affiliation and different social media posts. “We right here at GLWA are deeply saddened to right here in regards to the passing of Adam Bueller. The midwest misplaced a very good man far to younger immediately. We provide our condolences to his household and associates and hope they discover consolation on this tough time. #RIP #ForeverBueller,” GLWA wrote. The reason for demise was most cancers. You may be taught extra about his wrestling profession right here; he was additionally recognized by the alter ego “Sikness.” We right here at GLWA are deeply saddened to right here in regards to the passing of Adam Bueller. The midwest misplaced a very good man far to younger immediately. We provide our condolences to his household and associates and hope they discover consolation on this tough time. #RIP #ForeverBueller pic.twitter.com/UU6hyblNeI — GLWA (@GLWA_Wrestling) June 20, 2020 On June 17, Bueller confirmed on Fb that the...
    Getty Jay Clayton, Chairman and the Securities and Change Fee testifies throughout a Senate Appropriations Subcommittee listening to on Capitol Hill Could 8, 2019 in Washington, DC. Walter Joseph “Jay” Clayton III is the Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Change Fee. President Donald Trump lately nominated the Virginia native to function U.S. legal professional for the Southern District of New York. Legal professional Normal William Barr introduced in a press launch Friday that the SEC chairman will settle for the president’s nomination and begin his new function on July 3. The workplace is on the “forefront of many essential areas of felony legislation enforcement,” based on its web site, together with terrorism, white collar and cyber crime, mortgage fraud, organized crime and civil rights violations, amongst others areas. “For the previous three years, Jay has been a very profitable SEC Chairman, overseeing efforts to modernize regulation of the capital markets, defend Important Avenue traders, improve American competitiveness, and deal with challenges starting from cybersecurity points to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Barr expressed...
    In an remarkable assertion despatched about an hour following Barr mentioned Berman was established to go away the office environment, Berman said he had realized of his purported exit from a push launch.“I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my posture, to which I was appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court docket for the Southern District of New York. I will action down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate,” Berman reported. “Until finally then, our investigations will shift ahead without having delay or interruption.” The standoff opens up a clean crisis at the Justice Office, spots the leadership of the most notable federal prosecutors office environment outside Washington in a precarious placement and once again raises concerns about Barr’s willingness to steer the office to accommodate Trump’s political agenda. Berman’s rebuttal came about an hour just after the Department of Justice introduced Trump intends to nominate Jay Clayton, the chairman of the Securities and Trade Fee, who has in no way been a prosecutor. A Justice Department formal told...
    In a late night press release saying Berman’s departure, the Justice Section claimed Trump intends to nominate Jay Clayton, the chairman of the Securities and Trade Commission, who has by no means been a prosecutor. A Justice Division formal explained to CNN that Berman was offered other positions at Justice, such as the head of the civil division, the place assistant Legal professional Normal Jody Hunt abruptly declared his departure this 7 days. Berman declined. A second source with knowledge of the make any difference explained Berman was asked to resign and refused.Berman’s unforeseen exit is probably to attract scrutiny inside of the US attorney’s place of work and among occupation prosecutors. He had been the US lawyer for Manhattan since 2018, and underneath his management, his office environment prosecuted Trump’s previous legal professional Michael Cohen, is investigating top Trump confidante Rudy Giuliani and indicted the previous New York mayor’s associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman.Tensions in between the New York and Washington workplaces have grown with Berman and Barr butting heads above the dealing with of some scenarios,...
    Former US national men's soccer team coach Bruce Arena has questioned whether the "The Star-Spangled Banner" -- the American national anthem -- should be played at professional sporting events in the States. Speaking to ESPN's Taylor Twellman, Arena said, "I think it puts people in awkward positions. "We don't use the national anthem in movie theaters and on Broadway, other events in the United States and I don't think it's appropriate to have a national anthem before a baseball game, an MLS game." Arena added: "You think about it in Major League Soccer, most of the players that are standing on the field during the national anthem are international players, they're not even Americans. "So why are we playing the national anthem? With all due respect, I live in the greatest country in the world but I think it's inappropriate." ‘I was in tears’ "The Star-Spangled Banner" started as a poem, called "The Defence of Fort McHenry." It was written by Francis Scott Key in 1814 during the War of 1812. The stanzas recount the Battle of Baltimore, a days-long siege between British and American forces....
    EXCLUSIVE: Raquel Pomplun captured Hugh Hefner's heart when she was named 2013’s Playboy Playmate of the Year.The biochemistry major, who was just 25 at the time, was also the first Mexican-American to receive the title. Earlier this year, the now-32-year-old joined several veteran Playmates of different ages and races for the magazine’s ‘70s-inspired “Once a Playmate, Always a Playmate” cover photoshoot, representing the magazine’s first-ever equality issue. Nearly 800 women have been named Playboy Playmates -- with Marilyn Monroe being the first to receive the title -- since Hefner founded the magazine in 1953, People magazine reported. Hefner passed away in 2017 at age 91. PLAYBOY PLAYMATE SAVANNAH SMITH SAYS STRIPPING DOWN FOR THE MAG WAS ‘A REALLY COMFORTING EXPERIENCE’ Raquel Pomplun attends Playboy's Big Game Weekend Party presented by Talent Resources Sports on February 3, 2018, in Minneapolis, Minn. (Photo by Jerritt Clark/Getty Images for Playboy) PLAYBOY PLAYMATE CANDACE COLLINS JORDAN TALKS POSING FOR THE MAG AT 65: ‘I DID WORRY ABOUT GOING BACK' The model and actress spoke to Fox News about posing for the magazine and...
    Philadelphia authorities on Friday attributed four slayings in 2018 and 2019 to a man they say is a professional hitman. Prosecutors on Friday said the killings were the work of Steven Williams, 25, who was paid thousands of dollars for the hits, Fox 29 Philadelphia. Williams was arrested Wednesday at a Pennsylvania prison where he is doing time for other crimes. A law enforcement source told the Philadelphia Inquirer that Williams belonged to a team of assassins. FLORIDA TEEN CHARGED WITH TRYING TO HIRE HITMAN TO KILL HIGH SCHOOL STAFFER “You go to somebody in that group and you say, ‘I want so-and-so dead.’ They don’t care who it is, they don’t want to know the reason why. All they want to know is, ‘Will you give me portraits of dead presidents on green paper called money?' If you can come up with the money, they will kill somebody for you,” the source said, according to the paper. The paper reported being told by police that Williams initially denied any knowledge of the slayings, but when confronted with evidence admitted knowing of the crimes and said others...
    NEW YORK CITY -- When Ryan Rickenbach moved to New York City to chase his dream of being a professional musician, he never imagined his mobs of screaming fans would be 2-year-olds on a virtual call.But this children's entertainer by day, singer-songwriter by night wouldn't trade his path for anything."It's hard to have a bad day when you're working with kids," said Rickenbach. "There's a joy in children, and you can't help but share in the enthusiasm."Rickenbach moved to the city to become an actor, but soon found himself disaffected and living off catering gigs. He took a job that piqued his musical interest as a teacher with 'Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals,' a children's music class started by David Weinstone in 1997.Instructors nationwide license Weinstone's catalog of wacky, catchy music to build song and dance classes for kids ranging in ages from six months to five years old."Ryan's very talented and animated," said Graeme Maclean, father to four-year-old Lachlan. "The minute he sees him, Lachlan is absolutely engrossed in what Ryan is doing.""A kid's not going to lie...