Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Friday, Feb 03, 2023 - 12:35:38
96 results - (0.004 seconds)

thinks I’m a big:

latest news at page 1:
    (CBS Local)- As the 2021 NCAA Tournament whittled its field down to the Final Four, it seemed to be a foregone conclusion that Mark Few’s Gonzaga Bulldogs would be here. Entering the tournament undefeated, they have breezed through their first four games, winning each by a margin of 16 or more points and never really feeling like they were in trouble at any point. Heading into their semifinal matchup with 11-seed UCLA, oddsmakers are expecting much of the same installing the Bulldogs as 14 point favorites. But, Mick Cronin’s group has shown plenty of grit, winning two overtime games and holding Michigan to just 49 points in the Elite 8. That defensive, slow tempo style historically is better suited to the Final Four than the high-scoring Zags offense points out SportsLine analyst Kenny White. READ MORE: Can Gonzagas Mark Few Finally Win A Championship? CBS Tracy Wolfson Points To Bulldogs Unselfishness As Key “Favorites of four or greater who scored 80 or more points in the Elite 8, that would be Gonzaga who scored 85, are just 2-10 ATS in...
    Well, Hanks for the memories! “Big” star Elizabeth Perkins doesn’t have her fingers crossed that a memorable scene of hers and Tom Hanks’ in the iconic film would survive a modern reboot. “We don’t see them having sex but he does take my shirt off,” Perkins, 60, tells Page Six. “Actually, I take my shirt off and he touches my breast, then we cut to the elevator door opening and he’s got a big smile on his face. We never say, ‘Oh they slept together,’ but they definitely fooled around.” In the 1988 comedy, a teenage boy finds himself in the body of an adult (Hanks) following a carnival wish. Naturally, he finds a dream job in New York City and even snags a girlfriend — played by Perkins. Nowadays, she says, “they wouldn’t have shown that at all. I think we’re in a different time.” And, for the record, “I’m totally on board with that.” Tom Hanks and Elizabeth Perkins in “Big.”20thCentFox Whether the scene was appropriate “was not even a consideration of ours at the time,” Perkins concedes....
    Once the deadline is over, rumors for the future continue. A big name will come from the East, it will not come Not surprising for many considering its effectiveness. Who said the rumors were over by the deadline? Conversely, now, teams are already starting to think about the best strategy for the next free company. Players are still available, and competitors for the title want to have a match list. On the other hand, we find leaders who want to improve their staff after a disappointing season. This is the example of the Celtics, who should manage the Evan Fornier case, who Exactly what has been revealed about his future. But the Frenchman, who will soon be a free agent, is not one to worry too much about in Boston, but rather Kemba Walker. Clumsy, not defensive, the leader represents an issue and Brad Stevens ’men’s disappointing season. No wonder we found this out in the last rumor of the day. Read this too Should a Nets administrator leave the team soon? Ex...
    DAVID BECKHAM is confident superstar players Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi will be interested in signing for his MLS side Inter Miami. Beckham's newly-founded club made their debut in Major League Soccer 12 months ago and finished tenth in their first season in the Eastern Conference. 3Beckham has cited Ronaldo as a potential signing for Inter Miami in the futureCredit: Getty - Contributor And while at present Inter Miami are looking to secure the calibre of players such as Ryan Shawcross and Kieran Gibbs, Beckham has far grander plans in the works. Speaking to ESPN: "When we announced Miami, there was always going to be talk about what players we were going to bring in, whether it was Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar. "There was always going to be those discussions. I actually don't think it's a tough one for players to decide, to be honest, because it's a great place. "Obviously, it's a great city, I feel like we've got a great fan base, but I also understand there's great talent in Miami and South Florida, and I think we have...
    Adewale Ogunleye played 11 seasons in the NFL. Jason Merritt/FilmMagic for Bragman Nyman Cafarelli Former NFL player Wale Ogunleye said many athletes don't know how to best use their money to help those they grew up with. Ogunleye now leads UBS' sports division and wants to help more athletes improve their financial literacy.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The contract that former NFL defensive end Adewale Ogunleye signed in 2006 broke records: The Chicago Bears gave him $33 million for six years, the most a restricted free agent had ever gotten. But when Ogunleye returned to visit the Park Hill Projects in Staten Island where he grew up, he said he was overcome by survivor's guilt. The neighborhood where Park Hill is located has a higher percentage of children living in poverty, 69%, than in 98% of all US neighborhoods, according to Neighborhood Scout.  "Imagine all those kids and all the people in those homes, and I'm the one guy out of the whole projects that made it to the big leagues," Ogunleye told Insider. "Seven...
    LeBron James has been a staple of the NBA’s ‘Big 3’ culture since he joined the Miami Heat in 2010, but he thinks this trio was better than the one the Nets have. The Los Angeles Lakers and the Brooklyn Nets are set to face each other in perhaps the most anticipated NBA game of the season on Thursday, Feb. 18.  Each team sits in second place in their respective conferences with the Lakers having won four more games and having lost five fewer. Both teams’ rosters have been revamped in an attempt to compete for this year’s championship. The Lakers’ roster is much improved, adding the likes of Dennis Schroeder and Montrezl Harrell to bolster their rotation. The Nets obviously adding the trio of James Harden, Kevin Durant, and Kyrie Irving to form one of the most prolific scoring offenses the league has ever seen. While LeBron James is no stranger to facing high-powered offenses in the playoffs, he still feels like the Nets wouldn’t be the toughest competition he’s seen.LeBron James says Nets’ Big 3 isn’t the best...
    Although it is very common that Big names from other sports appear in WWEFew have been those who over the years have managed to continue talking about them. NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal was in the third edition of the campaign in honor of André the Giant At WrestleMania 32 in 2016 and almost 5 years later, there is still talk of that event. ► Drew McIntyre considers that by size and personality Shaquille O’Neal would have been a success in WWE Recently WWE Champion Drew McIntyre was interviewed on TMZ Sports and there he spoke about as it would have been if ‘Shaq’ instead of dedicating himself to basketball had opted for professional wrestling: If he hadn’t gotten into basketball, he would definitely would have been successful in the WWE world. One hundred per cent sure, based only on size. It would have been a WWE Superstar, a great show, like an ‘Andre the Giant’, but Add the personality that he has to that? That’s box office«. ► The rivalry Shaquille O’Neal and Big Show ...
    Last week on his podcast, Senator Ted Cruz said that Donald Trump engaged in “reckless and irresponsible” rhetoric about the election. These comments were particularly noteworthy how Cruz raised questions of his own about the 2020 election results and objected to the results in Arizona on January 6th. In his statement condemning the violent riots at the Capitol, he continued to defend his actions. CNN’s Brianna Keilar called out Cruz Tuesday over his comments criticizing Trump after his own actions backing “efforts to undermine a democratic presidential election.” Cruz said that Trump went too far in saying “it was all stolen everywhere,” but as Keilar remarked that the Texas senator “didn’t seem to mind the ‘reckless and irresponsible’ rhetoric” from Trump before January 6th. Keilar ripped the senator’s “revisionist history tour” as she recalled his support of challenges to the election multiple times, including when he offered to argue one of those challenges before the Supreme Court. The CNN anchor mocked Cruz a bit over his podcast before showing the clip of Cruz touting how many Americans polled believe the...
    Vivek Ramaswamy, the founder and CEO of Roivant Sciences, spoke with the Daily Caller News Foundation’s Samantha Renck about why he believes Big Tech companies should be treated as state actors, how private companies can protect their brands and more. “Congress has effectively co-opted Silicon Valley through the backdoor,” Ramaswamy, who recently co-authored the Wall Street Journal article “Save The Consitution from Big Tech,” said,” to do what Congress couldn’t do directly through the front door.” “They did it both with a carrot and a stick,” he said. “The carrot was Section 230 liability exemption, which said that even if you remove content that would be protected under the First Amendment, no user can sue you in state court because we the federal government give you a special exemption.” “When combined with the stick, which was a congressional threat from many liberal democrats to say ‘if you don’t go out a censor so-called hateful content, then we’re going to come after and regulate the heck out of you,'” he said. Ramaswamy also discussed how companies can protect their brands, what...
    Attack intended to create chaos, fear: Nashville hunts for clues in explosion In pursuing historic climate change agenda, Biden may find surprising ally Scott Coker thinks big for Fedor Emelianenkos final fights There’s been a notable omission from Bellator’s lineups since the company got back up and running: Fedor Emelianenko. © Provided by MMAJunkie The legendary former longtime PRIDE heavyweight champion turned 44 in September. Before the worldwide coronavirus pandemic hit, Bellator president Scott Coker had talked about a “farewell tour” for Emelianenko, who has two fights left on his contract, before he calls it a day. And while the company has successfully resumed operations in a bubble environment, we have yet to see the return of “The Last Emperor,” in part, because this isn’t how Coker wants to see the legendary fighter go out. “I really wanted Fedor to fight his retirement fight not in front of just the officials and have the staff and be on a closed environment in a bubble,” Coker recently told MMA Junkie. “I really want Fedor to finish his career in front...
    After 51 years, citizens have solved the Zodiac Killers cipher that has stumped law enforcement Supreme Court rejects baseless Texas lawsuit to overturn Biden’s victory, end of the line for Trump’s election bid Dabo Swinney thinks the playoff committee should favor teams that have played more games Clemson coach Dabo Swinney thinks Ohio State’s limited schedule should put the Buckeyes at a playoff disadvantage. Swinney was on “The Rich Eisen Show” on Friday and said that he believed teams that have played more games should get favorable treatment from the College Football Playoff committee over teams that have played fewer games. No. 4 Ohio State (5-0) will be at six games after the Big Ten championship game thanks to having three games canceled due to COVID-19. No. 3 Clemson, meanwhile, is set to play No. 2 Notre Dame for the ACC title on Dec. 19. That game will be the 11th for each team. Replay Video SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad “I think the fact that we’re going to have 11 games as well as...
    Fox News hosts Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro both leveled somewhat comical claims over the weekend that they were being “censored” by big tech companies. Pirro began the weekend by claiming her private text messages were censored. “I just received 2 texts from friends. At end each read ‘Preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed’ WHAT…Shouldn’t my friends and I decide what we share? #censorship #outrage #BigTech,” Pirro tweeted, early on Saturday morning. I just received 2 texts from friends. At end each read ‘Preceding msg modified, Media objects were removed’ WHAT‼️‼️‼️ Shouldn’t my friends and I decide what we share? #censorship #outrage #BigTech — Jeanine Pirro (@JudgeJeanine) November 28, 2020 Pirro did not specify which company — Apple or a cellular provider? — carried out the alleged censorship. There is a simpler explanation for what happened to Pirro than the vast conspiracy she is alleging. It is likely that the messages she received exceeded 160 characters, or perhaps included a large image that required a lot of data to be downloaded — both instances are said to produce...
    A MUM has revealed her shock at opening her “mouldy” moisturiser bottle only to find the bottle full of chocolate cereal.  Sian Rose discovered her two-year-old toddler had added the breakfast cereal inside without her realising.  2Mum Sian Rose was horrified when she opened up her moisturiser bottle to find her two-year-old had put cereal insideCredit: Facebook Sharing photos of the bottle to Facebook, she wrote: “*lockdown day one.... looking forward to this months shenanigans* “So today I couldn't understand why there was brown bits coming out of the moisturiser. “So I cut it open only to find 7 pieces of krave. You've got to love 2 year olds.” The Kellogg Krave cereal has a melty chocolate and hazelnut filling inside a crunchy cereal shell, which explains why brown bits were coming out of her white moisturiser cream.  2The Krave Kellogg cereal inside was added brown bits to Sian's cream, making her think it was mouldyCredit: Facebook Thankfully Sian completely saw the funny side of the incident, as did many other parents who could relate to what happened.  One wrote...
    Sen. Lindsey Graham thinks lawmakers should “go big” with the next coronavirus stimulus package — but disagrees with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s $2.2 trillion proposal. “There are some Republicans who don’t want to spend anymore. I disagree,” Graham said in a pre-recorded interview on “Full Court Press with Greta Van Susteren” that aired Sunday. “I think we need more money,” he added, “but we don’t need policy provisions like the House has.” “The $2.2 trillion coming out of the House has a mandate for ballot harvesting. What’s that got to do COVID?” Graham said. “And the $1,200 payment, which I support, doesn’t require a Social Security number to get it, so a lot of the money would go to illegal immigrants.” The South Carolina Republican said there’s a consensus on setting up a Paycheck Protection Program to allow small businesses to get a forgivable loan. He also noted there’s a lot of “common ground” on helping out schools. But Graham said that he while was “willing to do some unemployment,” he disagreed with renewing the $600 weekly aid that...
    Sen. Lindsey Graham thinks lawmakers should “go big” with the next coronavirus stimulus package — but disagrees with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s $2.2 trillion proposal. “There are some Republicans who don’t want to spend anymore. I disagree,” Graham said in a pre-recorded interview on “Full Court Press with Greta Van Susteren” that aired Sunday. “I think we need more money,” he added, “but we don’t need policy provisions like the House has.” “The $2.2 trillion coming out of the House has a mandate for ballot harvesting. What’s that got to do COVID?” Graham said. “And the $1,200 payment, which I support, doesn’t require a Social Security number to get it, so a lot of the money would go to illegal immigrants.” The South Carolina Republican said there’s a consensus on setting up a Paycheck Protection Program to allow small businesses to get a forgivable loan. He also noted there’s a lot of “common ground” on helping out schools. But Graham said that he while was “willing to do some unemployment,” he disagreed with renewing the $600 weekly aid that expired...
    CBS Christmas Abbott and Memphis Garrett are the week 10 nominees in the Big Brother 22 house. The Big Brother house had been fairly quiet this week. Nicole Franzel won Head of Household and then she won the Power of Veto, so her nominees of Memphis Garrett and Christmas Abbott stayed the same and Cody Calafiore and Enzo Palumbo (the only two who vote this week unless there’s a tie) seemed to be on the same page as to who they were voting out. BUT… on Wednesday night (October 15), things started to get interesting. Read on for who we now think is going home, but be warned of spoilers from the live feeds. DON’T KEEP READING IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED.Eviction PredictionVideoVideo related to ‘big brother 22’ week 10 eviction prediction & spoilers2020-10-15T10:39:55-04:00 All week long, Franzel and Calafiore have said Garrett is the target and Palumbo has gone along with it because he knows better than to rock the boat. However, Wednesday night, Palumbo started thinking that it might be better if Abbott goes,...
    It's been 149 days since the House passed the $3 trillion HEROES Act, and 11 days since the House passed their compromise $2.2 trillion bill, both of which Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has refused to take up. It is 21 days—three weeks—until the most important election in modern times. By that time, there will likely be 235,000 people dead from the coronavirus. The probably-still-steroid-fueled occupant of the Oval Office is spent the last week careening wildly between calling a relief deal off and on and off and on again. The last we heard from him he was yelling "Go big!" and telling Rush Limbaugh that he wanted "a bigger stimulus package, frankly, than either the Democrats or the Republicans are offering" when he's the one making the Republican offer. His minions in this process, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, are trying another tack. They've sent a very narrow request that Congress pass legislation to redirect around $130 billion in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) money that didn't get spent, while negotiations on a larger bill continue. (Disclosure:...
    Thursday night saw the cast of Big Brother All-Stars dwindle down to just five houseguests after Tyler Crispen was unanimously voted out of the house. It’s down to Cody Calafiore, Nicole Franzel, Memphis Garrett, Christmas Abbott, and Enzo Palumbo and one will nab the $500,000 prize come October 28. After every eviction, host Julie Chen sits down with Entertainment Weekly to discuss the week’s events and the houseguest who had been sent packing. Now that the summer is winding down and there are only five players left, the Chenbot is revealing who she thinks has the best and worst chance of taking home the first-place prize. “Nicole is in the worst spot. I don’t see anyone handing half a mil to a former winner who has not won any competitions yet. Cody is in the best spot. He is so good at competitions and he has a final 2 deal with everyone but Nicole,” she said. Julie made a slight error in her comment, as Cody has a final two deal with everyone but Christmas. He has been working most...
    CBS Julie Chen Moonves has hosted Big Brother since its inception in the summer of 2000. Big Brother host Julie Chen Moonves sat down with the Outside the House podcast after Thursday’s (October 8) live eviction to talk about the season so far, including what she wishes would have happened differently and how she doesn’t like to read internet commenters because it’s such “a cesspool.”Julie Wishes The Balance of Power Had Shifted Throughout the SeasonPlease Welcome, Julie Chen Moonves!!!!Tonight is a very special night for “Outside The House.” That’s because we have the biggest Big Brother All-Star of all time. She’s actually not even a star, but a galaxy all her own. Please welcome, the one and only, Julie Chen Moonves!2020-10-09T03:00:09Z There isn’t one particular thing Chen Moonves wishes had gone differently this year, but more that the balance of power, in general, had not been so one-sided toward the Committee. “I would have liked to have seen Da’Vonne or Kevin or David become HOH, really have some power where they had to get blood on their hands,...
    Urban Meyer thinks empty football stadiums will really hurt home teams during the 2020 football season. Fans won’t be allowed at Big 10 football games this season because of coronavirus, and Meyer thinks that’s a major problem for home teams, especially the dominant ones. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) For example, Meyer thinks Penn State playing in an empty stadium is worth 10 points to the road team. Listen to him break it down below. Could no fans in the stands mean as much as a 10-point swing?@CoachUrbanMeyer thinks it’s possible at a place like @PennStateFball, which is the “most difficult place” he’s coached in his career. Full Urban Analysis with @gerrydinardo ➡️ https://t.co/UNaXleZIsB pic.twitter.com/xslyi22Bsg — Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) September 28, 2020 I’ve been making a similar argument for a long time. Ever since it became clear fans would be limited or banned during the pandemic, I’ve been saying you can expect some wild outcomes. The talent gap between Power Five teams isn’t as big as people realize. It’s there, but...
    Da’Vonne Rogers is the second member of the jury in Big Brother All-Stars after she was evicted last night. This is the second time the reality star has found herself in the jury and third time she has been unsuccessful in winning the game. Da’Vonne has amassed quite the fanbase over the years, especially this season, but one of her biggest downfalls which has been discussed among her fandom was her bad reads on fellow houseguests. Da’Vonne was given some new intel after leaving the game Thursday where Julie Chen revealed The Committee alliance, and Nicole Franzel told her in her goodbye message that she had been lying to her all week. The BB veteran caught up with Entertainment Weekly today to discuss all things All-Stars, where she gave her thoughts on who is playing the best game and who has the potential to make it much further. Now that she knows all this new information, it’s changed who she thinks has a real shot at taking home the money. “Memphis [Garrett] was the only piece of the puzzle I...
    To Native Americans, reparations can vary from having sovereignty to just being heard Mushrooms could be linked to salmonella outbreak Jalen Ramsey seems to no longer thinks Josh Allen is trash Two years ago, Los Angeles Rams cornerback Jalen Ramsey, then with the Jacksonville Jaguars, made waves when he blasted what seemed to be half the NFL’s prominent quarterbacks in a GQ interview. The harshest criticism was reserved for Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen, who hadn’t even played in a game since being taken seventh overall in the 2018 NFL draft. Between saying the rookie was “trash” and “a stupid draft pick,” Ramsey made very clear that he expected no NFL success from one of the draft’s most divisive prospects. Ramsey even doubled down months later after a promising but uneven season from Allen. However, Ramsey now appears to have changed his tune.Jalen Ramsey on Josh Allen: ‘He’s talented’ © Provided by Yahoo! Sports Josh Allen is looking pretty good these days. (AP Photo/Jeffrey T. Barnes) Fast forward to two weeks into the 2020 NFL season, and Allen very...
    As pressure mounts on the Big Ten conference to hold its college football season this fall, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost thinks that Ohio State University should sue the Big Ten conference if the conference does not reverse course to start the fall college football season. Yost, a Republican, told CBS News in an interview that Ohio State has the legal basis to sue the Big Ten over a breach of contract. Yost said his office is researching contracts and they hope to have the conference's governing documents on Friday.  He added that his legal team "has seen enough" to determine that there is a cause for action and are "ready to recommend to Ohio State that they seek their legal redress" if the football season remains canceled. Yost acknowledged that the COVID-19 is a health issue, but noted there needs to be a balance for the personal and the financial consequences as well due to the cancellation of the college football season. The college football season has already started as some teams have already played games, but the Big Ten...
    Portland shooting: 1 person is dead after a shooting following protests in downtown The most historic restaurant in every state LeBron James says he often thinks about leaving bubble The NBA’s bubble environment can be difficult for all of its participants, even The King. © Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports LeBron James is coming from a very understandable and a very human standpoint. Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James told reporters this weekend that he often thinks about leaving the bubble. “I’ve had numerous nights and days thinking about leaving the bubble,” said James, according to Ben Golliver of the Washington Post. “I think everyone has, including you [media] guys. I don’t think, it’s not one person who has not had a mind that says, ‘I’ve gotta get the hell out of here.’ It probably crosses my mind about once a day.” © Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports LeBron James is coming from a very understandable and a very human standpoint. James is coming from a very understandable and a very human standpoint. The NBA bubble is now at its 50th...
    Should they stay or should they go? UNC students in Chapel Hill try to make sense of coronavirus cancellations Cramer expects unbelievably positive reports from big-box retailers this week If the ACC, Big 12 and SEC play in 2020, Nick Saban thinks the playoff should still happen The College Football Playoff appears to be preparing for the 2020 football season. And if that season happens with the ACC, Big 12, SEC and other conferences playing football this fall, Nick Saban thinks the playoff should still happen. “In my opinion, there’s going to be three conferences playing, I think the players look forward to the playoffs, I think the players who play should have an opportunity to have a playoff and have a championship for the teams that are playing,” the Alabama coach said Monday at a news conference after Alabama started fall practice. Saban said that the “biggest question” he gets from players is if a playoff would happen at the end of the season. “If we’re fortunate enough to be able to manage this with player safety being...
    ESPN’s Desmond Howard thinks the Big Ten should part ways with Nebraska after its defiant response to the conference’s decision to cancel the 2020 fall football season. Cornhuskers coach Scott Frost even suggested that Nebraska might look to play outside of the Big Ten this season. Needless to say, Howard was not happy with the program — and shared his thoughts during a Wednesday morning appearance on “Get Up.” MORE: Should Nebraska leave the Big Ten? Money, motivation and one way out Howard said: “You think that they’re the only team that really wants to play? Of course not. All the teams and all the coaches want to play, but they’re not whining and crying and then talking about an exit — talking about leaving the conference. I think that at this point, Greeny, I would demand an apology from the chancellor and the president and Scott Frost. And not one behind closed doors — a public apology. Or, if I’m Kevin Warren right now, I’m working on a way to get their ass out of the Big Ten.” The Big Ten commissioner dismissed the...
    Nebraska has been vocal that they still want to play football in 2020 despite the Big Ten’s wishes. The Big Ten made the decision on Tuesday to postpone fall sports due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This decision didn’t sit well with the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who still would like to play a season, whether it’s in the Big Ten or not. Nebraska football head coach Scott Frost said prior to the Big Ten’s announcement that the Huskers wanted to play football in 2020 even if the conference decided not to hold a season. When the announcement came that fall sports would potentially be moved to the spring instead, Frost stood by his original statement and was backed up by the president of the university as well. This is not a good look for Nebraska and the Big Ten has every right to be mad.Desmond Howard appeared on Get Up on Wednesday morning and didn’t hold back when it came to his thoughts on Nebraska’s whining. He said if he was the Big Ten commissioner, he’d kick the Cornhuskers to the curb and force...
    Photo by Jim Gund/Getty Images Could Michael Jordan have made the big leagues if he didn’t return to the NBA?Michael Jordan shocked the sports world when he retired (for the first time) and made a career switch to attempting to play professional baseball. Jordan played with the Chicago White Sox Double-A affiliate, the Birmingham Barons, where he played for future MLB manager Terry Francona. Naturally, Jordan did not see his basketball skills and talent translate to the baseball diamond, but he still handled himself well enough that White Sox and Chicago Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf thinks Jordan could have made it as an MLB outfielder. “Yes, I really do (think so),’’ Reinsdorf tells USA TODAY Sports. “Maybe as an extra outfielder. Look at what he accomplished. “He last played baseball in high school at 17, and at the age of 31, he was playing in AA. We should have started him in A-ball, but the press accommodations weren’t adequate. So, 14 years later, he competed in AA, hit over .250 in the Arizona Fall League. “If he had played another year, I...
    Matt Leinart, FOX. (Photo by Justin Casterline/Getty Images) You know who hates the idea of spring college football? Matt Leinart. Matt Leinart is clearly not a fan of college football being played in the spring time. The College Football Hall of Fame, Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback from USC tweeted out on Wednesday how much he does not like the idea of spring college football. He let everybody know how he feels about it and will go into further detail on it during Wednesday evening’s webcast for FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff. “Spring football is an absolute terrible idea and you’ll hear about from the Big Noon Kickoff crew later.” Well, then. We can’t wait to see what the former first-round pick of the Arizona Cardinals has to say about that. Spring football is an absolute terrible idea and you’ll hear about from the Big Noon Kickoff crew later. — Matt Leinart (@MattLeinartQB) July 8, 2020 Matt Leinart isn’t a fan of spring college football and neither should you.Spring football hasn’t worked in American for a reason. Outside of a handful of states,...
    A two-time CBS competitor says coronavirus restrictions are still 'too great' in California for the summertime reality show to return. Big Brother alum Cody Nickson is not buying into reports that production for the CBS reality show will start up next month with an all-star cast. The Big Brother 19 star, who was voted America’s Favorite Player back in 2017, told his Instagram followers that he doesn’t think Season 22 is going to happen due to issues with the production team amid the coronavirus pandemic. “Cast quarantine isn’t the issue,” Cody wrote during a fan Q&A on Instagram. “The production crew is supposed to quarantine for two weeks and receive full union pay including overtime for those two weeks. That’s a lot of money that companies aren’t willing to spend. And then I believe the crew still can’t be free to go out with their families during production either. The restrictions are just too great now.” When a fan asked Cody if he thinks Big Brother will happen this year, he pointed to the rising COVID-19 cases in southern California,...
    There are two big questions for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes: 1. Can anyone stop Tiz the Law? Before he was installed as the 6-5 favorite on the morning line, he was already the odds-on favorite in futures betting at Circa Sports in Las Vegas and in global markets. With so many other contenders being hurt or held out of the race, Tiz the Law is the only horse in the field that has a Grade 1 win. Actually, he has two. 2. Can future Hall of Fame trainer Todd Pletcher win the Belmont for the fourth time? After graduating from the stable of D. Wayne Lukas, Pletcher has won it with Rags To Riches (2007), Palace Malice (2013) and Tapwrit (2017). This weekend Dr Post and Farmington Road try to follow in their hoof steps. Both horses were sired by Quality Road, a winner for Pletcher in big races such as the Met Mile, the Woodward and the Donn Handicap. Pletcher has another statistic you should not overlook. Taking a page from Jack Nicklaus in golf, he has finished second in...