Monday, Dec 05, 2022 - 18:52:46
66 results - (0.006 seconds)

What are the lyrics:

latest news at page 1:
    WILLIAM Blake's hymn Jerusalem is well-known across the country and often heard at sports and Royal events. But is it England's National Anthem and do you know the words? Here is the lowdown on the hearty hymn sung by England's athlete's for the start of the Commonwealth Games. ???? Read our Prince Philip funeral live blog for the latest updates 2 Jerusalem was seen as a patriotic number to rally patriotism during World War One when it was first adapted for music in 1916Credit: Getty - Contributor Is it England's national anthem? England doesn't actually have a national anthem at all - though the debate has raged in Parliament about what such a song should be. God Save the Queen is the national anthem for the UK, and is often used for England too. But the strident, vivid Jerusalem seems to have won the hearts of the English, consistently emerging as the nation's favourite. So it was no surprise that in a public vote conducted by Team England in 2010 to decide the Games anthem, Jerusalem was backed by a...
    PRINCE Philip's funeral will feature the hymn Eternal Father, Strong to Save on Saturday, 17 April - potentially with an extra verse at his request. Traditionally four-verses, the hymn is particularly poignant for sailors who have served in the military - the hymn is actually more commonly known by the title "For Those in Peril on the Sea" as a reference to the last line. 2The Duke of Edinburgh's funeral will take place on Saturday, April 17 2021Credit: Pacemaker What are the Eternal Father, Strong to Save lyrics by William Whiting? The lyrics to the hymn are as follows: Eternal Father, strong to save,Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,Who bid'st the mighty ocean deepIts own appointed limits keep;O hear us when we cry to Thee,For those in peril on the sea.O Christ, Whose voice the waters heardAnd hushed their raging at Thy word,Who walkedst on the foaming deep,And calm amidst its rage didst sleep;O hear us when we cry to Thee,For those in peril on the sea. Most Holy Spirit, Who didst broodUpon the chaos dark and rude,And bid...
    GOD Save the Queen is possibly the most famous national anthem in the world - and actually can be linked back to as far as 1619, and possibly further. But what are the lyrics, how many verses are there and who wrote it? Here's everything you need to know... ???? Read our Prince Philip funeral live blog for the latest updates 2 The Queen pictured with late Prince PhilipCredit: AFP What are the lyrics to God Save the Queen? God Save the Queen, or God Save the King depending on the gender of the sitting monarch, is the national anthem of the United Kingdom. Since its creation, different verses have been added and taken away, but, on most occasions, only one verse is sung however at certain times two or very rarely three are sung. There are no definitive lyrics but the verses below are widely accepted as the "standard" version of the national anthem. God save our gracious Queen! Long live our noble Queen! God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us: God save the Queen! O Lord our God arise,...
    DMX, who has died at the age of 50, was known for many iconic songs, including Party Up (Up in Here). The rapper passed away about a week after an apparent drug overdose triggered a heart attack. * Read our DMX live blog for the latest news and health updates.. 3DMX performs at Barclays Center on June 28, 2019 in New York CityCredit: Getty What are the lyrics to DMX's Party Up? Party Up was released in 1999 and soared to number 27 on the Billboard Hot 100, where it stayed for five months. It was the it was the second single on the ...And Then There Was X album, which was produced by Swizz Beatz, according to People. Three versions of the song was released - an explicit version, a censored version and a radio/music video version. The lyrics to the song include: "Y'all gon' make me lose my mindUp in here, up in hereY'all gon' make me go all outUp in here, up in here Y'all gon' make me act a foolUp in here, up in hereY'all gon' make me...
    RAP icon and New York native DMX tragically passed away at the age of 50, after a reported drug overdose triggered a fatal heart attack. The legendary Harlem rapper's gruff lyrical sound reflected his gritty past. * Read our DMX live blog for the latest news and health updates.. 1Rap icon DMX tragically passed away on April 9, 2021Credit: Getty What are the lyrics to DMX’s X Gon’ Give It To Ya? Arf arfYeah, yeah, yeah (Grrrr)Uh, yeah don't get it twistedThis rap s***, is minem***********, it's not, a f******, gamef*** what you heardIt's what you hearingIt's what you hearing (Listen)It's what you hearing (Listen)It's what you hearing (Listen) [Verse 1]X gon' give it to yaf*** wait for you to get it on your ownX gon' deliver to yaKnock knock, open up the door, it's realWit the non-stop, pop pop and stainless steelGo hard getting busy wit itBut I got such a good heartI'll make a m*********** wonder if he did itd*** right and I'll do it again'Cause I am right so I gots to winBreak bread wit the enemyBut...
    MEGA star Taylor Swift shocked fans on social media with an early release of a song “from the vault” of the new Fearless re-recording. The musician has been working to re-record all of her studio albums after releasing two new ones during the coronavirus pandemic. 5Taylor Swift will re-release Fearless (Taylor's Version) on April 9, 2021Credit: Twitter/Taylor Swift Mr. Perfectly Fine - What are the lyrics to Taylor Swift's song? Taylor Swift released a special single “from the vault” of her stash of secret songs on April 7, 2021. The song, titled, Mr. Perfectly Fine, was set to be released on April 9 with the new re-recording of Fearless (Taylor’s Version). Fans were quick to post the lyrics on various music sites like Genius while attempting to decipher the meaning behind the tune. The song starts off saying: “Mr. ‘Perfect face,’ Mr. ‘Here to stay,’ Mr. ‘Looked me in the eye and told me you would never go away.’ Everything was right, Mr. ‘I've been waiting for you all my life’. Mr. ‘Every single day until the end, I will...
    MEGA music star Taylor Swift announced on Instagram that she was releasing a special song “from the vault” with her re-release of Fearless. The musician will be releasing the new song at midnight ET on March 25. 4Taylor Swift will be releasing a new song on March 25 What are the lyrics to Taylor Swift’s You All Over Me? Taylor Swift will be releasing a secret song, You All Over Me, as part of her re-release of her studio album, Fearless. Though the song comes out at midnight, lyrics have already been posted to the Genius website so fans can prepare for the release. The song starts off saying: “Once the last drop of rain has dried off the pavement, Shouldn't I find a stain, but I never do. "The way the tires turn stones on old county roads, you leave it muddy underneath, reminds me of you. 4Swift's new song will be titled You All Over Me featuring vocals from Marren MorrisCredit: Reuters "You find graffiti on the walls of old bathroom stalls, you know, you can scratch it...
    POP superstar Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak's released their latest joint single Leave The Door Open under the new duo Silk Sonic. The duo's newest single has shot up to number two on Apple Music's Best New Songs, just a spot behind Drake's new song What's Next. 3Pop superstar Bruno MarsCredit: Getty Images - Getty What are the lyrics to Bruno Mars’ song Leave the Door Open? Leave The Door Open is currently trending #2 on YouTube, and has amassed over one million views since the video first debuted on Friday, March 5. The song is Mars' and .Paak's lead single off their upcoming collaborative album, An Evening With Silk Sonic. The smooth R&B track has reminiscent of a 60s and 70s easy listening love song. The video was directed by Mars and Florent Dechard, check out the lyrics to Silk Sonics latest single: 3Bruno Mars is a 10x Grammy Award winnerCredit: Getty Images - Getty Leave The Door Open Said baby, said baby, said baby What you doin'? (What you doin'?)Where you at? (Where you at?)Oh, you got plans?...
    ITALY are back in Six Nations action this weekend as they take on Ireland. And while they may not win too many matches in Europe's elite rugby competition, the Azzurri will always belt out their national anthem as passionately as any team in the world. 1Italy players sing the national anthem against EnglandCredit: AFP or licensors What is Italy's national anthem called? The Italian national anthem is officially called Il Canto degli Italiani (The Song of the Italians). However, to most Italians it is better known as Fratelli d'Italia (Brothers of Italy) after the first line of the song. What are the words to Italy's national anthem? Fratelli d'Italia,l'Italia s'è desta,dell'elmo di Scipios'è cinta la testa.Dov'è la Vittoria?Le porga la chioma,ché schiava di RomaIddio la creò. Stringiamci a coorte,siam pronti alla morte.Siam pronti alla morte,l'Italia chiamò.Stringiamci a coorte,siam pronti alla morte.Siam pronti alla morte,l'Italia chiamò! Sì! Most read in Rugby UnionLive BlogOUT OF THE WOODSTiger Woods transferred to Notorious B.I.G death hospital after surgeryPicturedPINK FLOYDMayweather feeds flamingos on Aruba holiday with stripper girlfriend Anna MonroeI HART CASHWWE veteran Natalya Neidhart's...
    TRACY Beaker was a popular character for many kids growing up in the 90s and 2000s and its iconic theme tune still resonates with fans years later. Actress Dani Harmer will add to the legacy of her legendary character, as we follow her journey as a mother in My Mum Tracy Beaker. 3 Tracy Beaker grew up in a care home that was nicknamed The Dumping GroundCredit: BBC What is the Tracy Beaker theme tune and who sang it? The Tracy Beaker theme song was written and sang by Keisha White, who is an English R&B singer. The song was released in 2004, alongside her debut single ‘Watcha Gonna Do’. It remained as the opening theme for all 120 episodes, plus five specials. 3 Keisha White sang the opening song in the seriesCredit: Getty Images - Getty Who is Keisha White? Keisha White, 29 was born on 31 March 1988. She signed a record deal when she was signned by a record label , and toured countries in Europe, Africa, and the US. Her debut single 'Watcha Gonna Do' was...
    RAPPER Silento soared to stardom after his "Watch Me" music video was viewed more than a staggering one billion times. The 23-year-old performer has been accused of fatally shooting his cousin in Georgia. 3'Watch Me' has been watched more than one billion timesCredit: youtube How many people have viewed 'Watch Me'? Silento's music video Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae), which premiered in 2015, has been viewed 1,790,297,735 times as of February 2. The addictive song also included a dance that would go viral on social media.  He performed a version for Nickelodeon to promote their Labor Day weekend lineup, according to Deadline. 3The music video premiered in 2015Credit: youtube The song would hit number three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 2015. The rapper was just 16 when he rose to fame. He describes himself on his Instagram page as an artist, songwriter, ex producer, actor and mentor. What are the lyrics to 'Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)'?Silento "Now watch me whip (kill it!)Now watch me nae nae (okay!)Now watch me whip whipWatch me nae nae (want me do it?)Now watch...
    IT'S THE news that Ed Sheeran fans around the world have been waiting for. The superstar singer, 29, has revealed he is releasing new music, which all starts with a song called Afterglow. 1Ed Sheeran is back with new song AfterglowCredit: Splash News What are the lyrics to Ed Sheeran's new song Afterglow? [Intro]One, two [Verse 1]Stop the clocks, it's amazingYou should see the way the light dances off your headA million colors of hazel, golden and redSaturday morning is fadingThe sun’s reflected by the coffee in your handMy eyes are caught in your gaze all over again [Pre-Chorus]We were love drunk, waiting on a miracleTrying to find ourselves in the winter snowSo alone in love like the world had disappearedOh, I won’t be silent and I won’t let goI will hold on tighter ‘til the afterglowAnd we’ll burn so bright ‘til the darkness softly clears [Chorus]Oh, I will hold on to the afterglowOh, I will hold on to the afterglow [Verse 2]The weather outside’s changingThe leaves are buried under six inches of whiteThe radio is playing "Iron & Wine"This...
    YOUTUBER Corpse Husband released a song called E Girls with crass lyrics about sex. The song was made popular on TikTok and is apparently going to be part of an album that is to be announced. 4Corpse Husband is an anonymous YouTuber Credit: Twitter What is the song Corpse Husband released? The faceless YouTube star, Corpse Husband released a short song featuring Savage Ga$p that has very crude lyrics. The song says: “Choke me, like you hate me but you love me. Lowkey, wanna date me when you f**k me.” The tune hints at drug use, abusive tendencies in relationships, and deviant sexual fantasies with its lyrics.  4He has only revealed what his hands look like on social mediaCredit: Twitter It debuted on October 8 and has since gone viral on TikTok. Corpse Husband has nearly 5million subscribers on YouTube and over 204million views of his videos.  Who is Corpse Husband? Corpse Husband is an anonymous YouTube sensation. He started his account in 2015, posting videos as part of a community of YouTubers known as Horror Narration Channels. Corpse Husband...
    MUSIC fans around the world are mourning the death of singer Helen Reddy. But her legend lives on through her powerful song I Am Woman. 2The late Helen Reddy will be remembered for her 70s song I Am WomanCredit: Getty Images - Getty What are the lyrics to Helen Reddy's I Am Woman? I am woman, hear me roarIn numbers too big to ignoreAnd I know too much to go back an' pretend'Cause I've heard it all beforeAnd I've been down there on the floorNo one's ever gonna keep me down again Oh yes, I am wiseBut it's wisdom born of painYes, I've paid the priceBut look how much I gainedIf I have to, I can do anythingI am strong(Strong)I am invincible(Invincible)I am woman You can bend but never break me'Cause it only serves to make meMore determined to achieve my final goalAnd I come back even strongerNot a novice any longer'Cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul Oh yes, I am wiseBut it's wisdom born of painYes, I've paid the priceBut look how much I gainedIf I have...
    ARSENAL are gearing up to play Chelsea in the FA Cup final, however they'll be without the audience they're used to. The coronavirus pandemic has meant that all matches played after the quarantine period between March and May have been played behind closed doors. 3 Arsenal wore their signature yellow kits during their 1978 FA Cup finalCredit: Getty Images The final between the two top teams will be the first ever to be played with no familiar chants spurring the teams on. One in particular being Arsenal's 'She wore a Yellow Ribbon', a song that fans are taught the moment they become a Gooner. What's the history behind the chant? The original song appears in a 1917 US war poem by George A Norton, titled “Round Her Neck She Wears a Yellow Ribbon (For Her Lover Who is Fur, Fur Away.)” Like a lot of other fan chants, it's derived from another piece of prose, this one being about a girl who waits for her partner to return home from war. It was also adapted and performed by Andrews Sisters...