Saturday, Nov 26, 2022 - 07:45:40
12 results - (0.002 seconds)

having joined:

latest news at page 1:
1
    THE longest-serving manager in senior English football has quit in his 26th season. Folkestone Invicta boss Neil Cugley made the shock decision - having been appointed the year after Arsene Wenger joined Arsenal. 2Non-league legend Neil Cugley was a Folkestone goal machine before becoming their manager for a record reign of 25 yearsCredit: Rex 2Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson were in the early days of their legendary rivalry when Neil Cugley took over as Folkestone boss in 1997Credit: Reuters Cugley, 65, replaced Gunners' legend Wenger in 2018 as the most enduring manager in the country's top seven tiers. And he bowed out on Wednesday after 1,299 games in charge of the Kent part-timers, who are mid-table in The Pitching In Isthmian League. As a renowned striker in non-league football, Cugley broke Folkestone’s goal record for a season with 46 in 1981-82. And after taking over in 1997 he had been expected to remain as manager until the end of the campaign. READ MORE IN FOOTBALLGUNNERS LIVE Gunners URGED to sign Rashford, £50million January war chest But instead he has become embroiled in off-the-field talks about reviving the club's...
    KAYLEIGH McEnany has announced she is having a baby boy. Last month, the former White House press secretary announced she was pregnant with her second child with her husband, New York Mets pitcher Sean Gilmartin. 1Kayleigh McEnany has announced she is having a baby boy with husband Sean Gilmartin The 34-year-old was joined by Gilmartin as she announced the baby's gender live on Fox News' Outnumbered on Monday. McEnany and Gilmartin share one daughter, Blake Avery. Gilmartin is an 11-year veteran in the MLB, having played for the Mets, Baltimore Orioles, and Tampa Bay Rays throughout his career. The Atlanta Braves drafted him with the 28th overall pick in the 2011 MLB draft. More to follow...For the latest news on this story, keep checking back at Sun Online. The-sun.com is your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, sports news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheUSSun.
    (CNN)Northern Irish golfer Graeme McDowell said that he's received death threats telling him to "go die" having joined the Saudi-backed LIV Golf tour. Golfers have been criticized heavily for joining the breakaway tour, which is backed by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) -- a sovereign wealth fund chaired by Mohammed bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia -- for the "money-grabbing" nature of the exodus from golf's traditional tours and for accepting money from a country with a dismal human rights record. Bin Salman was named in a US intelligence report as responsible for approving the operation that led to the 2018 murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, though he has denied involvement. Human rights groups have also criticized the country for conducting mass executions and for its treatment of gay people.Before the LIV Golf series' inaugural event in June, when questioned about accepting money from the Saudi Arabia regime, McDowell said the tour was "incredibly polarizing." McDowell attends the press conference prior to the LIV Golf series event at the Centurion Club on June 7."I think we...
    DAVID MOYES wants to sign an English midfielder this summer and has listed Kalvin Phillips and set-piece specialist James Ward-Prowse as targets. West Ham saw a club record £50million bid for Leeds United's Phillips rejected in the January window, but the midfielder could be available at a cut price should the Elland Road club drop to the Championship. 3Phillips could be available this summer in a cut deal if Leeds go downCredit: GETTY 3Ward-Prowse is on West Ham's radar ahead of the transfer windowCredit: SHUTTERSHOCK 3Moyes is looking to bolster his midfield ahead of next seasonCredit: GETTY Aston Villa and Manchester United are both also interested in Phillips, 26, with Steven Gerrard having had his own bid for the Yorkshire Pirlo knocked back during the winter window. Moyes is also a big fan of Saints captain Ward-Prowse, 27, who is enjoying his best season in front of goal for the south coast club. Hailed by Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola as the best free-kick taker in the world, Ward-Prowse has scored four this season - taking his all time Premier...
    Rick Caruso announced on Friday he's running for mayor. He is a real estate mogul and billionaire businessman. He is the founder and CEO of his company Caruso. They've developed massive properties in Los Angeles like the Grove and Americana at Brand.In January, Caruso registered as a democrat after having no party preference for almost a decade. Saying the insurrection at the capitol on Jan. 6 shifted his mindset. He was a registered republican before having no party preference.Caruso has been rumored to enter the mayoral race before. But what tipped off inquiring minds this time were reports that he hired a high-profile political consulting firm in October, according to Los Angeles Magazine.Watch the video above for the full story.
    Actor Oscar Isaac played Apocalypse in the X-Men and after that experience decided to join the Marvel Studios Cinematic Universe. Oscar Isaac will play Marc spector in the Marvel Studios series Moon Knight which will premiere in Disney Plus. But before he was the villain of X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), one of the worst films in the FOX mutants franchise. In a recent interview, Oscar Isaac commented on how much fun he is having filming the Moon Knight series: “Every morning the alarm goes off and I can’t wait to go to work. We are having a great time ”. “It’s not so much about the genre of things. It’s the people. And is there room to do something interesting with it? And sometimes there is, and you think there will be. So with this, I love the people involved. I thought there was an incredibly unusual story to tell within the world, you know, the language of superheroes. But we are doing something that is quite different, and that does not follow the logic of many superhero movies. “...
    Two NYPD officers were fired for having sex with a 15-year-old while she was enrolled in a teen program at the department, but they will probably evade charges because the victim won't cooperate with prosecutors. The unnamed minor said that Officer Sanad Musallam asked her to perform oral sex on him in his car. When she refused, he asked for alternative sex favors. She also said she had sex with Officer Yaser Shohatee 'four or five times at his apartment in the winter of 2015- 2016,' according to court documents. The former officers will not face charges as the victim 'refused' to cooperate with prosecutors, a district attorney spokesman told the New York Daily News. Former NYPD officers Sanad Musallam (left) and Yaser Shohatee were fired on March 25 The teenager was in the department's Precinct Explorer program, billed as a way to strengthen community ties and provide young people aged 14 to 20 with an introduction to careers in law enforcement,  She was a part of the program from fall 2015 to spring 2016. The officers were officially...
    WOLVES have completed the £29million signing of Nelson Semedo from Barcelona - making him the eighth most expensive full-back in Premier League history. Nuno Espirito Santo's men were chasing a new right wing-back, having allowed Matt Doherty to join Tottenham for £15m. 4Nelson Semedo is Wolves' latest exciting recruitCredit: Getty Images - Getty 4Semedo joins an exclusive list And they secured their man by completing the ambitious signing of Semedo, 26, who made 42 appearances for LaLiga giants Barcelona last season. The 13-cap Portuguese international explained to Wolves' official website why he opted to make the switch to Molineux. He said: "I chose Wolves because it’s a very good team that plays very good football. Last year they did a very good season and it’s a very important team in England, in also Europe. I hope this year we can do very good things. TRANSFER NEWS LIVE: Breaking news, juicy gossip and the biggest deals   “Coach Nuno is a very good coach. He did very good things here in Wolves, and in other teams too. For sure I’m going...
    THIAGO SILVA and Ben Chilwell were pictured training ahead of Chelsea's Premier League clash against Liverpool. The Blues go into their second game of the season having beaten Brighton 3-1, while champions Liverpool edged past Leeds 4-3. 5Silva linked up with his new team-mates having joined from PSG Credit: Getty Images - Getty 5Ben Chilwell during Chelsea training with his new team-mates Credit: Getty Images - Getty 5Chilwell is still recovering from a heel injury since joining Credit: Getty Images - Getty Chelsea were handed a squad boost as new arrival Silva, 35, took part in training having linked up with the squad for the first time. He joined on a free transfer from PSG, but has only just joined his new team-mates having been on holiday in the Italian island of Sardinia.  The Brazilian was given an extended break after his Champions League final loss against Bayern Munich at the end of August. Chilwell, 23, on the other hand will be made to wait for his Chelsea debut. CHELSEA NEWS LIVE: Click here for...
    CHELSEA face competition in the race to sign Andre Onana, with Bayer Leverkusen reportedly having had an £18million bid knocked back by Ajax for the highly-rated goalkeeper. The Blues have been linked with a move of their own for the Cameroonian, following a dreadful campaign for current No1 Kepa Arrizabalaga. 2Andre Onana is a man in demand this summerCredit: Getty Images - Getty Boss Frank Lampard appears set on securing a new goalkeeper, having dropped the Spaniard once again for yesterday's crucial top-four clincher against Wolves at Stamford Bridge. Onana, 24, has long been touted as a potential replacement - with Chelsea having raided Ajax once already this year with the signing of Hakim Ziyech. But if they are to do business with the Dutch giants again, they will have to beat off competition. According to Goal's Ronan Murphy, Leverkusen have had a bid of around £18m rejected by Erik ten Hag's side. Onana looks set to leave Amsterdam this summer either way, with just two years remaining on his contract. But Ajax's No1 is not the only goalkeeper on...
    Joy Behar said Tuesday that Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis homeowners who armed themselves to confront protesters, should have joined them instead. Behar addressed the issue during a segment of ABC’s “The View,” arguing that they should have shown support for the protesters instead of taking up arms to protect their private property. (RELATED: ‘I’ve Seen A Bigger Crowd At A Carrot Top Performance In Soho’: Joy Behar Mocks Trump Rally Turnout) WATCH: Responding to the McCloskeys’ claims that they had been threatened by the protesters, who were on their private property at the time of the confrontation, Behar suggested that they should have handled the situation differently. “Here’s the thing,” Behar began after a minor difficulty with her audio. “There’s two sides to the story. I would say two things. Number one, if I were a protester, I wouldn’t appreciate having an AR-15 headed my way or a woman who seems crazed with her finger on the trigger. I would not enjoy that at all.” Behar went on to address reports that the McCloskeys had said...
1