Sunday, Sep 25, 2022 - 02:16:00
11 results - (0.009 seconds)

to the new bosses:

latest news at page 1:
1
    CNN's Jake Tapper has been accused of 'kowtowing to the new bosses' and deliberately steering his program to the right, in a bid to win over CEO Chris Licht. Tapper, the network's lead Washington anchor, was rewarded on Thursday by being named as the replacement for Chris Cuomo at the coveted 9pm primetime slot. Tapper's new job begins on October 10, and will run for a month - but insiders believe he will likely become the permanent host. Viewers and insiders noted that the 53-year-old had become decidedly more right wing, which they said was designed to appeal to Licht - who has said he wants to make the network less left-leaning and opinionated. 'Tapper is trying to survive,' said a media source, speaking to The New York Post. 'He's kowtowing to his bosses.' Another added: 'He's very ambitious,' describing him as 'very hard-working' with a 'healthy ego.' Jake Tapper, CNN's lead Washington anchor, will take over the 9pm slot from Chris Cuomo, who was forced from the network in December Since taking the helm, Chris Licht (pictured), who headed...
    James Bond is reportedly 'set to be on screen until at least 2037' as bosses 'sign new deal,' it was revealed on Sunday.  The spy franchise, which first aired in 1962, has allegedly signed with Warner Bros. in a deal which will take the spy to his 75th birthday, according to The Mirror.   Whilst this may come as good news to fans, bosses are still yet to confirm who will be cast as the infamous the MI6 agent after Idris Elba 'walked away from 007 talks.' Exciting: James Bond is 'set to be on screen until at least 2037 in new deal' it was revealed on Saturday A source said to the publication: 'Bond is sure to still be in rude health at 75. There will be no hanging up the tux and martini.' RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Johnny Depp rumored to be 'in talks' to make surprise... 'It didn't cross my mind that it was illegal!' Right Said... Adele 'will stay at the £30,000-per-night Nobu Villa during... Harry Styles cuts a low...
    Formula One stars have been granted an exemption to continue wearing jewellery in their cars until the end of June, with further discussions between drivers and the FIA set to take place over the next month. The FIA has enforced its International Sporting Code more strictly so far this season, clamping down on the wearing of piercings and chains in both the Australia and Miami Grand Prix. Lewis Hamilton was left furious with the move, but the Brit has been told he will be able to wear his nose piercing for the next three races after FIA chiefs extended their rule exemptions. Hamilton, whose piercing is not easily removable, called the potential ban 'unnecessary' and a 'step backwards' after new F1 race director Niels Wittich looked to bring in the changes.   ‘When they [the FIA] told me about the jewellery, they were saying safety is everything,’ the seven-time world champion said earlier this month. ‘I said, “Well, what’s happened for the last 16 years? I’ve had jewellery on for 16 years. So was safety not an issue back then?” ‘I feel like...
    Bosses at one of the world's biggest investment firms will need to get special approval to hire white men as part of a new diversity drive.  State Street Global Advisors aims to triple the number of black, Asian and other minority staff in senior roles by 2023 as part of a drive to improve diversity within its middle and senior management. Failure to meet the target will result in a drop in executives' bonuses, reports The Times. State Street, which has 30 offices worldwide, including Canary Wharf in London, currently employs 39,400 people.   Jess McNicholas, the bank’s head of inclusion, diversity and corporate citizenship in London, said: 'This is now front and central for State Street — it’s on every senior executive’s scorecard. Cyrus Taraporevala, President and CEO of State Street Global Advisors, speaks during the 2018 New York Times Dealbook State Street, similar to other investment firms across the world, has traditionally been dominated by white men. The photograph above, from its website, shows a largely white male office celebrating its founding in 1978  The financial services company is...
    THE Premier League is back - but let's hope VAR controversy is a thing of the past. Brought in to prevent howlers and help referees make the correct call, the Video Assistant Referee continues to divide fans around the country. DREAM TEAM IS BACK! SIGN UP NOW FOR THE 21/22 SEASON WITH £100,000 PRIZE POT UP FOR GRABS 2Expect to see this screen plenty of times in the Prem this season - but bosses hope changes to the rules will appease fansCredit: PA With the system here to stay in the Premier League, bosses have introduced new rules for the 2021/22 season in effort to avoid the farcical scenes of the last two campaigns. What are changes to VAR offside rules this season? There were a number of calls last season which were measured in millimetres, infuriating fans amid calls that the technology wasn't doing the job it was intended for. And referee bosses have admitted that around TWENTY goals not given last season, should have been. PGMOL boss Mike Riley explained: "Effectively what we have done is given...
    STRICTLY bosses are desperate to land a Line of Duty star for the new series – and have set their sights on Vicky McClure.  The Sun can reveal BBC producers are determined to try and benefit from the crime drama’s runaway success. 5Line of Duty's Vicky McClure could be set to join Strictly (edited picture) And they believe 37-year-old Vicky, who plays Detective Constable Kate Fleming in the programme, may be up for a slot on TV’s most-loved Saturday night show. Our TV insider said: "Line Of Duty is the biggest show on telly by miles so Strictly producers would love to secure one of its stars to take part.  “They think Vicky would be amazing and that fans would love her so she is very high on their list of targets.” The Sun understands that Vicky’s co-star Shalom Brune-Franklin is also on the radar of Strictly bosses. The stunning English-Australian actress plays DC Chloe Bishop on Line of Duty.  5Vicky, 37, has played DC Kate Flemming in all six seasons of Line Of DutyCredit: BBC 5Shalom Brune-Franklin plays DC...
    COVID medical chief Chris Whitty is being lined up by Strictly Come Dancing bosses to become the unlikely star of this year’s series. They are targeting a “hero of the pandemic” in an attempt to bring something different to the 2021 intake. ???? Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest updates 8We imagined Chris Whitty appearing on the next Strictly series alongside Oti Mabuse 8The Chief Medical Officer is being eyed up as the show's next starCredit: AFP 8Professor Jonathan Van-Tam is also in the runningCredit: AFP Health Secretary Matt Hancock had been mooted as a possible contestant — following previous appearances by MPs including Jacqui Smith, Ed Balls and Ann Widdecombe. But ministerial aides have discreetly ruled him out due to his hectic Whitehall work schedule. Attention has instead turned to England’s Chief Medical Officer Prof Whitty, who has been thrown into the coronavirus spotlight over the past year, along with his deputy Jonathan Van-Tam and vaccine supremo Kate Bingham. Last night a show insider said: “Eighteen months ago Chris Whitty, Jonathan Van-Tam and Kate Bingham were utter unknowns....
    Overseas fans will be barred from this year's pandemic-postponed Tokyo Olympics because of ongoing coronavirus concerns, organisers announced Saturday. 'In order to give clarity to ticket holders living overseas and to enable them to adjust their travel plans at this stage, the parties on the Japanese side have come to the conclusion that they will not be able to enter into Japan at the time of the Olympic and Paralympic Games,' the Tokyo 2020 organising body said in a statement. The International Olympic Committee and International Paralympic Committee 'fully respect and accept this conclusion', the statement added.  The delayed Tokyo Olympics will go ahead this summer but without overseas spectators RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next LORD SEBASTIAN COE: There will be fun and Games! Japan have... Japan to 'limit spectators for the delayed Tokyo 2020 Summer... Japan's Olympic team REJECT China's vaccinations offer to... UK Athletics set to contact European Indoor Championships... Share this article Share Officials met Saturday for talks, and were expected ahead of the meeting...
    Donald McNeil Jr. (above) resigned Friday over his use of the N-word  A top New York Times reporter has resigned and apologized for his 'extraordinarily bad judgement' over his use of the N-word after 150 staffers wrote a letter to bosses citing new allegations of 'bias against people of color' and slamming the paper's handling of the incident.  In a letter to staff Friday, Donald McNeil Jr. announced he was standing down from the paper after 45 years saying he 'originally thought the context in which I used this ugly word could be defended' but now realized 'it cannot.' Top bosses had previously said he should be 'given another chance' saying McNeil hadn't used the word with 'malicious or hateful intent' but also changed tact Friday telling staff 'we do not tolerate racist language regardless of intent.' The ousting of the man who was the paper's star COVID-19 reporter came after a group of staff sent a letter to the executive leadership Wednesday stating they were 'deeply disturbed' by the paper's lack of action and demanding a full...
    New York Times bosses have vowed to 'improve our workplace culture' after more than 150 staffers wrote a letter saying they were 'outraged' that prominent reporter Donald McNeil Jr. (above) who allegedly used the N-word has not been fired  New York Times bosses have vowed to 'improve our workplace culture' after more than 150 staffers wrote a letter saying they were 'outraged' that a prominent reporter who allegedly used the N-word has not been fired. Three top bosses - Executive Editor Dean Baquet, Publisher A.G. Sulzberger and CEO Meredith Kopit Levien - were on Wednesday forced to defend the paper's handling of complaints made against star COVID-19 journalist Donald McNeil Jr.  The execs assured rattled staff they 'largely agree' with their concerns and promised they will see 'results' over how the company handles issues.   This came after a group of employees signed a letter to the executive leadership Wednesday saying they were 'deeply disturbed' by the paper's lack of action and demanding a full investigation into 'newly surfaced complaints' against the veteran journalist.   Last week, it emerged that multiple...
1