Monday, Oct 03, 2022 - 19:19:00
18 results - (0.003 seconds)

suffered suspected:

latest news at page 1:
1
    A huge 60-man brawl broke out in a park leaving one man stabbed and at least five others injured. Police are now investigating after up to 60 people, some armed with weapons, gathered at Sparkhill Park, Birmingham, yesterday at 9pm. 1Sparkhill Park in Birmingham A knife, hammer and a chain have been recovered by police after violence erupted and left one 26-year-old man hospitalised with stab wounds. Four other men, aged between 27 and 52, suffered injuries which were not serious while one 23-year-old suffered a suspected a fractured eye socket. West Midlands Police have now activated Section 60 which enables police officers to stop and search individuals in and around the brawl area who are suspected of violence. Police patrols have also been stepped up for the weekend. Most read in NewsMANSON'S CREEPY MAIL Sharon Tate's sister reveals Charles Manson sent her coded drawingEXPLOSIVE Ukraine news LATEST: Russian navy Crimea blast, Putin's army slammedKNIFE HORROR Witness who saw Salman Rushdie stabbing recalls chaos after brutal attack'BEYOND DEVASTATING' Shock twist in murder of mom & her two kids after cops...
    (CNN)A snorkeler has sustained a leg injury after apparently being "bitten by a shark" while snorkeling off the coast of Cornwall in southwestern England.The unnamed woman was rescued by the Her Majesty's Coastguard after the incident, believed to be the first shark attack of this kind in British waters since 1874, which took place near Penzance on Thursday.HM Coastguard has since confirmed that a rescue team was dispatched to offer assistance after the suspected shark attack. "HM Coastguard sent Penzance Coastguard Rescue Team to meet a snorkeler who suffered a suspected shark bite," a statement from a spokesperson from the Maritime Coastguard Agency said."The coastguard was notified just before 12:30 p.m. on Thursday (July 28). It is believed the swimmer suffered a leg injury.Read More"The coastguard team met the casualty at Penzance harbour to assist with passing them into the care of the ambulance service."Reports suggest that the woman may have been on a blue shark spotting snorkeling trip when the incident took place. However, no further details have been provided about the snorkeler's current condition, or the type of...
    Roman Abramovich has suffered a suspected poisoning along with Ukraine peace negotiators earlier this month, sources said. The Chelsea FC owner was reportedly poisoned just weeks ago after a meeting in the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv whilst he acted as a a 'peacemaker' in the Russian war in Ukraine, reports the Wall Street Journal.  Following the meeting in Kyiv, Abramovich as well as two senior members of the Ukrainian team developed symptoms that included red eyes, painful tearing as well as peeling skin on their faces and hands, sources told the newspaper. Analysts at Bellingcat confirmed that three members of the delegation - including Ambramovich - attending the peace talks between Ukraine and Russia on 3 March experienced 'symptoms consistent with poisoning with chemical weapons'.   The Chelsea FC owner has been jetting between Istanbul, Moscow and Kyiv for peace talks. This is a breaking news story, more to follow.  
    HARRISON Ford leapt into action on the set of his latest Indiana Jones blockbuster when a crew member had a suspected heart attack. The Hollywood actor, 79, was filming the last scenes for the movie when the man collapsed. 3Harrison Ford aided crew member who had a suspected heart attack on the set of latest Indiana Jones movieCredit: AP 3Ford, 79, was filming the last scenes for the movie when the man collapsedCredit: Alamy The star shouted: “Get me a medic quick.” A source said: “They’ve been at Pinewood and are due to finish Friday. “All of a sudden a male member of crew collapsed. "Harrison was standing just yards away and yelled for a medic. “There was a huge amount of panic. "The on-site first aider did CPR while they waited for an air ambulance and paramedics to arrive.” Most read in EntertainmentFRACTURED FAMILY Sister Wives' Paedon Brown tells all on 'weird' relationship with RobynSTORMI SKIES Kylie's ex-friend Tammy shades her again after she ‘STOLE’ trainer’s baby nameBABY ON THE WAY? Khloe fans think she’s expecting a...
    ROSEMEAD (CBSLA) – A 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving Sunday after allegedly slamming into a disabled vehicle and killing its driver on the San Bernardino (10) Freeway in Rosemead. The crash on the eastbound freeway, west of Walnut Grove Avenue, occurred at about 3:40 a.m., the California Highway Patrol reported. READ MORE: Teachers In ABC Unified School District, Unhappy With Contract Negotiations, Plan 'Work Slowdown'A motorist was standing near his disabled vehicle in the No. 3 lane when a 2016 Ford Mustang, driven by Moises Rivera Luna, struck him and his vehicle. READ MORE: Family Demands Answers After Daniel Luna Is Left In Medically-Induced Coma After Fight At SoFi StadiumThe man died instantly and his vehicle was pushed into the path of a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe. The motorist in the SUV suffered no injuries. His passenger, a 48-year-old man, was taken to Los Angeles County/USC Medical Center with moderate injuries. MORE NEWS: Man, 18, Arrested In Connection With Stabbing During Robbery In IrvineLuna, a resident of Rosemead, suffered minor injuries and was subsequently arrested on suspicion...
    OAKLAND (BCN) — Alcohol appears to have played a role in a crash that claimed the life of a Hayward woman early Sunday morning in Oakland, police said. Malina Golphin, 34, died in the 3300 block of Grand Avenue sometime before 2:02 a.m. when officers responded to investigate the collision. READ MORE: Newsom Receives COVID Vaccine Booster At Oakland Event Promoting State's Vaccination PushGolphin was driving a Toyota Prius and making a left turn onto Grand Avenue from the east when her car was hit by an Audi SUV going north on Grand Avenue, according to preliminary details from police. Then a Mazda SUV traveling south on Grand Avenue hit Golphin’s car, police said. Golphin was pronounced dead at the scene. A woman in her vehicle was taken to a hospital and was listed in critical but stable condition and a man in her vehicle suffered minor injuries. READ MORE: UPDATE: Pleasant Hill In-And-Out Reopens for Drive-Thru, Carryout After Health Department ShutdownTwo people in the Mazda and the man driving the Audi suffered injuries not considered life-threatening, police said. Police...
    NEWCASTLE have confirmed the supporter who suffered a suspected heart attack in the stand during the game against Tottenham is 'stable and responsive' in hospital. The Premier League clash was halted after a male fan was taken ill just minutes before half-time. 5A defibrillator was quickly called for and taken to the other side of the pitch as a fan suffered a suspected heart attack at St James' ParkCredit: Getty 5One of the medical team sprinted onto the pitch with the defibrillatorCredit: Reuters Spurs star Eric Dier ran over to the dugout to ask for a medical staffer to bring a defibrillator onto the pitch. The England centre-half had been alerted to the incident by team-mate Sergio Reguilon. Players from both sides were then told to go to the sidelines as the crowd fell into silence. After the man was transported to hospital, the club moved to update fans on Twitter. A short statement read: "NUFC can confirm that a supporter who required emergency medical treatment during today's game at St James’ Park is stable and responsive in hospital." The...
    More than 130 US personnel, including a military officer and his two-year-old son, have suffered brain injuries in suspected directed-energy attacks possibly made by Russia, a report said on Wednesday. Spies, diplomats and soldiers started experiencing mysterious brain injuries five years ago with the tally now higher than 130 people - more than double the number of 60 previously confirmed cases, The New York Times reported. That number does not include a group of injured CIA officers, the total of which is not public, according to the outlet. The 60 cases previously known were concentrated in China and Cuba, leading for the injuries to be called 'Havana Syndrome,' but the new total adds cases from Europe and Asia - many of which remain classified. Officials have investigated incidents both in the United States and in other countries - where the majority of the episodes have taken place, according to the outlet.   The Times revealed that in one 2019 case, which had not previously been reported, a military officer serving overseas had been targeted with his two-year-old son.   The mysterious brain...
    The White House has revealed that mysterious health incidents that had been affecting American personnel based overseas have also been occurring in the U.S. Several potential incidents have occurred in the United States in 2019 and 2020 that appear similar to previous suspected 'directed' radio frequency attacks that caused a mysterious illness and include one attack that happened near the White House.   U.S. agencies are said to be investigating two possible incidents that appear similar to other mysterious illnesses that impacted diplomats in Cuba and elsewhere known as 'Havana syndrome' named after the first cluster of cases at the U.S. Embassy in Cuba. The White House has revealed that mysterious health incidents that had been affecting American personnel based overseas have also been occurring in the U.S. The illnesses have been dubbed the 'Havana syndrome' after American diplomats were targeted in Havana, Cuba But now pressure is coming from Congress to try and figure out what has affected so many U.S. diplomats, spies and other officials.  'At this point, at this moment, we don't know the cause of these incidents,...
    A woman suspected of killing her three children inside a small Reseda apartment on Saturday suffered from paranoid delusions, self-medicated with marijuana and believed she alone was responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic, her domestic partner said in court records obtained by the Southern California News Group. Erik Denton, who could not be reached for comment, filed an emergency request March 4 in Tulare County Court seeking custody of his three children — Joanna, 3, Terry, 2, and Sierra, nearly 6 months old — because he feared for their safety due to the deteriorating mental condition of their mother, 30-year-old Liliana Carrillo. The children were found dead by their grandmother. Initial police reports suggested they had been stabbed, but no official cause of death has been released Meanwhile, Carrillo fled from her apartment, crashed her vehicle near Bakersfield and carjacked a good Samaritan who had tried to help her, according to authorities. Carrillo was apprehended Saturday afternoon in Ponderosa, a tiny community in the central high Sierras east of Porterville in the San Joaquin Valley. She remained in custody Monday, but...
    CALLUM SMITH suffered a horrific bulging arm after suffering a suspected detached bicep in his loss to Canelo Alvarez. The British super-middleweight was out-classed by the Mexican P4P superstar via an unanimous points decision. 2Callum Smith showed off his bulging arm after suffering a horrific injuryCredit: Twitter The 30-year-old Liverpool-born fighter took the best of the now four-weight division champion's best power shots. But he hinted in his post-bout interview that he suffered a left arm injury in the fourth-round of their Texas clash. His promoter Eddie Hearn also told DAZN minutes after the match-up that Smith had suffered a suspected detached bicep. If true, the Scouser would almost-certainly be forced into having surgery ahead of the upcoming Christmas break. It is understood the pair even smiled and joked about how swollen his arm was in the middle of their fight. Fans flocked to social media in shock of the injury, as Smith showed his gruesome arm in a live TV interview. One viewer said: "They're saying that Smith's arm may have a detached bicep muscle. I mean… And one...
    SONORA (CBS13) — A 19-year-old was arrested for DUI Monday night after a fatal crash in Sonora that involved four children. According to Sonora Unit California Highway Patrol, a 33-year-old Sonora woman was pronounced dead at the scene and her four juvenile passengers, all under the age of 14, suffered major injuries. All four children were taken to UC Davis Medical Center by air ambulance for treatment. CHP says the head-on crash happened around 6:15 p.m. Monday on Phoenix Lake Road near Bear Cub Drive. Augustus Matthew Marinovich, 19, reportedly lost control of his pickup truck and ran into the 1996 Suzuki SUV driven by the woman. Officers say Marinovich suffered major injuries and was flown to Memorial Medical Center in Modesto. He is facing vehicular manslaughter and DUI charges. More from CBS Sacramento: Stimulus Package Update: Why Testing Language Is Holding Up 2nd Checks Placer Supervisors Vote To Rename Racist Lake Tahoe Street Falcon Escapes From Handler And Attacks Elk Grove Family’s Dog
    9 John Lennon Quotes That Still Pack a Punch (Photos) Household products that are a complete waste of money An Italian cyclist who suffered a suspected broken back in a freak crash at the Giro dItalia has been released from hospital © Getty/Stuart Franklin Luca Wackermann. Getty/Stuart Franklin An Italian cyclist who suffered a suspected broken back in a freak crash at the Giro d'Italia has been released from hospital. Luca Wackermann collided with roadside barriers towards the end of stage four on Tuesday, suffering a broken nose, multiple cuts and bruises, and a suspected fracture to his back. Wackermann's team coach says the crash was caused by a low flying helicopter which had blown the barriers into the 28-year-old's path.  "His smile is our most important win," Wackermann's team said on Twitter after his release from hospital.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. An Italian cyclist who suffered a suspected broken back in a freak crash at the Giro d'Italia has been released from hospital. Luca Wackermann collided with roadside barriers towards the end of stage...
    Luca Wackermann. Getty/Stuart Franklin An Italian cyclist who suffered a suspected broken back in a freak crash at the Giro d'Italia has been released from hospital. Luca Wackermann collided with roadside barriers towards the end of stage four on Tuesday, suffering a broken nose, multiple cuts and bruises, and a suspected fracture to his back. Wackermann's team coach says the crash was caused by a low flying helicopter which had blown the barriers into the 28-year-old's path.  "His smile is our most important win," Wackermann's team said on Twitter after his release from hospital.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. An Italian cyclist who suffered a suspected broken back in a freak crash at the Giro d'Italia has been released from hospital. Luca Wackermann collided with roadside barriers towards the end of stage four on Tuesday, suffering a broken nose, multiple cuts and bruises, and a suspected fracture to his back. However, Vini Zabu-KTM rider has since been released from hospital in Messina and returned to his home on Thursday. "His smile is our most important win," Wackermann's...
    Luca Wackermann and Etienne van Empel were both involved in the crash. Eurosport An elite cyclist suffered a suspected broken back on Tuesday after a crash that his team boss said was caused by a low-flying helicopter. Teammates Luca Wackermann and Etienne van Empel crashed into the barriers near the end of stage four. Van Empel escaped mostly unscathed, however Wackermann was taken to hospital with a broken nose, multiple cuts and bruises, and a suspected fracture to his back. "The helicopter was flying too low, the movement of the air blew up the barriers," Wackermann's coach said. "The barriers were not tied properly." The BBC, however, suggested that the displaced barriers were not moved by a helicopter, but rather by an "external factor." Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. An elite cyclist suffered a suspected broken back on Tuesday after a crash that his team boss said was caused by a low-flying helicopter. Vini Zabu-KTM teammates Luca Wackermann and Etienne van Empel collided with roadside barriers near the end of stage four of the Giro d'Italia, one...
    LITTLE People Big World star Isabel Roloff has admitted that there have been "rough seas" during her first year of marriage to Jacob Roloff. Months after Jacob posted a cryptic message on his social media, saying he "feels like s**t" and "wants her back," Isabel has shared that the past year of marriage has not "been easy for us." 12Isabel and Jacob wed in 2019Credit: Monique Serra Photography The 23-year-old tied the know with Isabel on September 7, 2019, after getting engaged in 2017. But posting a picture of their wedding day, Isabel has opened up on their troubles, admitting that "our love has only deepened from" dealing with the problems. She wrote: "It would be disingenuous to pretend like this year has been easy for us. (Has this year been “easy” for anybody?) "One of the most common phrases I heard from people before we got married was 'the first year of marriage is the hardest.' 12 12 12 12 "I don’t know how true it is for everyone—but I guess it has been true for us. A lot...
    Pregnant YouTube star Nicole Thea died along with her unborn son from a suspected massive heart attack, her family said today. Nicole, who was eight months pregnant with son Reign, passed away at home in Hexborough, Yorkshire, on Saturday morning after complaining to her boyfriend Global Boga that she was suffering chest and back pains. The tragic star said she was also having difficulties breathing in the weeks before the tragedy. Nicole had previously told her 250,000 followers she felt like something was killing her from the inside and that she was dying in the last few weeks. Now her uncle has revealed that the family believe she suffered a cardiac arrest. Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Charles Murray said: 'From what I heard at the moment, we think she had a massive heart attack. 'She had it in her house and she was telling her partner that she had pains in her chest and her back. YouTube star Nicole Thea, 24, died on Saturday along with her unborn son Reign. They leave behind Ms Thea's partner Global Boga, 20, real...
    LAS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas Police say a 1-year-old boy has died in a vehicle collision believed to be a case of driving under the influence. Authorities say the incident occurred Sunday around 7:15 p.m. near North Rampart and West Lake Mead boulevards. Investigators determined a Hyundai Sonata was going at a high rate of speed and struck another car making a right turn onto the road. The impact caused the Hyundai to veer off the road and hit a marquee sign, severing the car's right half. Emergency responders pronounced the boy riding inside the Hyundai dead at the scene. The driver, who has been identified as 23-year-old Lauren Prescia, suffered minor injuries. The 36-year-old woman driving the other car also suffered minor injuries. Police did not say whether Prescia, who showed signs of impairment, will face charges or what her relationship was to the child. This is the 50th traffic-related fatality Las Vegas Police have had to investigate. Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Tags: Nevada
1