Tuesday, Oct 04, 2022 - 21:12:30
10 results - (0.003 seconds)

wanted to do something:

latest news at page 1:
1
    Here is a rather unusual way to propose marriage to your girlfriend while you are handcuffed on a Brazilian street. With the assistance of two Rio de Janeiro police officers, Marcos Veloso shocked Shirley Mclaynee with the news that the couple had bought a car that had been reported stolen as part of a plot to get her to say yes. Video footage of the recent engagement was recorded by their friend and showed one of the cops questioning Veloso over the car's origin. 'Where did you buy this car? Where are the documents,' the police officer asked a handcuffed Veloso. Marcos Veloso pretended to be arrested recently outside a Rio de Janeiro cafeteria before he proposed to his girlfriend Shirley Mclaynee. The plot included the participation of two police officers who handcuffed Veloso for being in possession of a car he had recently purchased that had been reported stolen Shirley Mclaynee was shocked to find out that the vehicle she and her boyfriend, Marcos Veloso, had purchased had been stolen. It all turned out to be part of a plot...
    SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A Sacramento dancer is hoping he has all the right moves to make the Team USA break dancing team at the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris, where the sport will make its debut in the competition. One look at him, and it’s easy to see this smooth operator is as cool as he is confident. READ MORE: NorCal Hot Temps Increase Snow Melt, Authorities Warn Of Frigid River Conditions“I am [definitely] one of the Olympic hopefuls,” he said. His real name is Morris Isby and he has been breaking since his sophomore year of high school. He holds 132 titles and plans to add an Olympic gold medal. “Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to do something monumental with breaking on a monumental level,” he said. The Olympics is that. READ MORE: Man Accused Of Sexual Battery In Stockton Surrenders To Polcie Five to ten BBoys and BGirls, as they’re called, will be chosen for the Team USA Olympic Break Dancing team. Tryouts are through a series of regional competitions. At 38, Morris is...
    The intersection of Lyndale and West Broadway avenues in North Minneapolis is notorious for illicit activity. The commercial intersection is lined with businesses that have parking lots along the street. Those lots double as round-the-clock open-air markets for drugs and sex, as well as gathering and meeting grounds that turn violent or deadly, according to neighbors and local organizations. Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. was no different. The windy and overcast afternoon saw rows of cars in the parking lot of Merwin Liquors, located at 700 West Broadway Ave. At random intervals, a car would enter the lot, its window opening just as a woman waiting by the doors of the liquor store darts over and enters her closed fist into the car through a window, and then the car would leave. A man in a sedan parked in the spot closest to the entrance for the liquor store periodically lowered his window to call out to people walking by. “Loud. Loud for 25. Loud. Loud,” he casually said, calling out a colloquial term for marijuana and his price, like he’s...
    PEOPLE often underestimate just how much a small amount of kindness can actually do for someone. But one woman doesn't see it that way and blasted her adult son when he helped a struggling mum just because. 1The man saw the woman do something good and he wanted to return the favour (stock image)Credit: Getty The 31-year-old man had taken his mum, 61, out to lunch and were seated next to another mum and her younger child. He explained in a post on Reddit that he'd seen the woman help another older lady to the bathroom while trying to keep an eye on her own son. Appreciating the sweet gesture, he decided he wanted to return the favour by anonymously paying for her meal, hoping it might help make her day. FABULOUS BINGO: GET A £5 FREE BONUS WITH NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED He explained: “I went out to lunch with my mum today. We went to a nice bistro; prices are reasonable, and the food is good. As we're tucking into our starter a mother...
    (CNN)Golden State Warriors forward Andrew Wiggins has said he felt like he had no choice but to get the Covid-19 vaccine. Wiggins told NBC Sports in March he wasn't getting vaccinated unless he was forced to. He applied for a religious exemption, but the NBA denied that request in September.However, Warriors head coach Steve Kerr confirmed on Sunday that Wiggins had received the vaccine. And speaking for the first time since getting vaccinated, the Canadian basketball player said he felt like he had to do so to be able to play for his team. "I feel like the only options [were] to get vaccinated or not play in the NBA," Wiggins said after the Warriors' 121-107 preseason opener win at the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night. "It was a tough decision. Hopefully, it works out in the long run and in 10 years I'm still healthy."Read MoreIn September, the NBA warned the Warriors along with the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets that new Covid-19 policies set by local governments will prohibit any unvaccinated player from playing in home...
    Since James Gunn was hired by DC after his temporary dismissal from Marvel, there has been a question that we have all been asking ourselves. Is he going to do any other projects for DC after The Suicide Squad – 90% and his series on Peacemaker? We know that when the director was hired, Warner executives promised him complete freedom to do whatever he wanted with whatever property he wanted from the company’s catalog. You’d think if he did well after that movie and the HBO series Max, Warner executives would probably be willing to give him that level of freedom again. The only thing standing in the way is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and its future in the MCU. Do not miss: The suicide squad already has a critical rating That doesn’t mean that many fans are hopeful that the director will return to the DCEU to make another movie. The logical thing would be to think that he would make a sequel to the movie about Task Force X. It is what we would all expect....
    Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh is proud of how his music label IncInk has grown over the past two years. The actor, who started the initiative with Navzar Eranee, says he doesn’t want newcomers to go through what he experienced when he began his career as an actor. “When I had decided to chase my dream of becoming an actor years ago, it wasn’t easy getting my foot in the door. I was fortunate enough to build my career through a combination of hard work, passion and self-belief. I told myself back then that when I become relatively successful, I will try and do something for my fellow dreamers. That’s when the germ of IncInk was sown in my head,” he says. Ibrahim Ali Khan to Work as an Assistant Director on Karan Johar’s Film Starring Ranveer Singh & Alia Bhatt: Reports. He adds that he is “blown away” by the talent he has seen so far. “Today, I feel grateful to have been able to provide a platform to some outstanding new talents. I am blown away by the music...
    One fine day, Aamir Khan announced on Instagram that he is quitting it and all news about him and his films can be found in his movie production’s insta handle. Everyone was in shock. Many felt the incessant Bollywood abuse that happened last year must have made the actor decide on it. His post however quipped that he was anyway not active on social media as much as others so, he decided to close it down. Now when Emraan Hashmi and John Abraham were asked to comment on it, both admitted that they too wanted to do the same a few years back. Mumbai Saga Box Office Collection Day 2: John Abraham-Emraan Hashmi Gangster Drama Earns Lesser Than Day 1, Total Stands At Rs 5.22 Crore John told TOI, ” I was planning to do that (quit social media) years ago.  I have a very strong take on that. Managers and producers tell actors what to do, and even actors, sometimes, get drawn into the trending business. But when managers say that you’re trending on Number 2, an actor needs to say...
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — M Health Fairview is giving back to the community this holiday season with a large donation to a Twin Cities food bank. On Monday, the health system announced that staff from M Health Fairview’s Woodwinds Hospital, St. John’s Hospital and St. Joseph Campus donated $100,000 to Second Harvest Heartland. “It’s good to do something that’s bigger than ourselves. We believe in taking care of the whole community,” said M Health Fairview Vice President of Medical Affairs Dr. William Nicholson. Volunteers in PPE direct cars, fill bags and boxes, and load trunks full of groceries at an Island Harvest mobile distribution site. (credit: Second Harvest Heartland) As health care workers across the country fight COVID-19, M Heath Fairview said its staff wanted to do even more. “The most basic need people have is food. We know this year has been tough on people, so we wanted to do something about it,” Nicholson said. Second Harvest Heartland was chosen by staff because it serves the community they serve. The food bank has provided food to...
    Bollywood actress Bhumi Pednekar says she is not an accidental actor and that her journey has been of survival. “It’s been five years and it still feels like a dream! I am not an accidental actor and I say this time and again. This is something that I really wanted to do and I have worked really hard to be here. I am born and brought up in Bombay so that definitely helped because just having some sort of a support system in the city, which is the city of our Hindi film industry, makes your journey slightly easy,” Bhumi said. Bhumi Pednekar Shows Us Why There Is Nothing Better Than a White Dress on a Hot Summer Day! “However, because I am not from a traditional film family or I really didn’t have any contacts, I was very confused at first about how to go about it,” she added. The actress said she had to convince her parents that she wanted to be an actor. “I mustered courage to speak to my parents about it. They weren’t very happy...
1