Saturday, Aug 13, 2022 - 09:04:04
17 results - (0.017 seconds)

confirmed for UFC:

latest news at page 1:
1
    ISRAEL ADESANYA'S huge fight against Alex Pereira has been confirmed for UFC 281 in New York on November 12. The 33-year-old has successfully defended his middleweight title five times in a row since claiming the belt back in 2019. 2Adesanya is widely regarded as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the UFCCredit: Getty 2Pereira will look to dethrone Adesanya when the pair meet in NovemberCredit: Getty And while he did move up to light-heavyweight and lose to Jan Blachowicz last year, the Nigerian-born fighter remains one of the men to beat in the UFC. Pereira, who stopped Adesanya in kickboxing five years ago, put himself in line for a title shot after scoring a vicious KO of Sean Strickland at UFC 276 last month. On the same card, Adesanya then secured a shutout unanimous decision win over Jared Cannonier. And he was quick to state after the win that Pereira would be his next challenge - a fight which ESPN have announced will take place at Madison Square Garden. READ MORE IN MMANEW CHAPTER 'MMA, I’ll never forget you! Easy work'...
    LEON EDWARDS will fight for the UFC welterweight title on August 20 in Salt Lake City. The British welterweight, who has gone ten bouts unbeaten, will challenge Kamaru Usman at UFC 278. 3Kamaru Usman and Leon Edwards will rematch on August 20Credit: Getty Usman is the last person to beat Edwards and the only in the UFC following his 2015 points win. Since then, the Nigerian-American has gone on to win 13 times more and in 2019 won the title against Tyron Woodley, 40. Usman, 35, has made five defences of the belt, including two successes over Jorge Masvidal, 37, and Colby Covington, 34. Meanwhile Edwards, 30, has broke away as the clear No1 contender following his run of form. His last fight came against Nate Diaz, 37, in June 2021 which he won over five rounds. Edwards wad due to return in December against rival Masvidal, until the American pulled out injured. Usman has been out with a hand injury which postponed his comeback to August. He has undergone successful surgery...
    TYRON WOODLEY is set to pocket the biggest payday of his combat sports career for his showdown with Jake Paul. The former UFC welterweight champion will throw down with the younger Paul brother in a boxing match a week on Monday morning. 3Tyron Woodley will lock horns with Jake Paul a week on MondayCredit: Rex 3And The Chosen One's clash with Paul will land him the biggest payday of his careerCredit: Getty Woodley's clash with the social media star turned boxer will mark his professional boxing debut, which Showtime chief Stephen Espinoza claims will see The Chosen One take home a 'career-high' purse. He told MMA Fighting: “I think there are some people out there who dismissed Tyron’s claim as something for marketing. "That wasn’t said, Tyron didn’t make that comment to market the event. That doesn’t sell pay-per-views. "He made that comment because it’s true. I’ve talked to him about it, I’ve talked to Malki [Kawa] about it and they all confirmed it is a career-high payday. "He is getting a guarantee that is more than he’s ever made...
    NICK DIAZ has vowed to 'kill or be killed' in his long-awaited return to the octagon. The former Strikeforce welterweight champion will rematch his old foe Robbie Lawler on September 25 in the co-main event of UFC 266 in Las Vegas. 4Nick Diaz will make his long-awaited return to the octagon at UFC 266Credit: Getty 4And he'll be welcomed back to the cage by former opponent Robbie LawlerCredit: Getty - Contributor Diaz's second showdown with Ruthless will mark his first octagon outing in over SIX years. And in true Diaz brother style, the Stockton slugger plans to go out on his shield. After the announcement of his return, the 37-year-old tweeted: "I want to thank my Team @CesarGracieBJJ @Elfrogito and #rossgoodman for getting s**t done. "It’s fight time. #UFC266 #KillorBeKilled #war." Diaz's last outing saw him lock horns with future UFC Hall-of-Famer Anderson Silva at UFC 183. The fan favourite suffered a unanimous decision defeat to the Brazilian, although the result was overturned to a no-contest after Silva tested positive for metabolites of an anabolic steroid and synthetic testosterone. JOIN...
    FANS will have to shell out £19.95 to watch Conor McGregor's trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier on July 10. Love him or hate him, McGregor remains one of the most box office names in all of sport - and his latest fight is set to capture the imagination of fans worldwide once again. 4Poirier and McGregor will fight for a third time in Las Vegas on January 10Credit: Reuters 4The Notorious was brutally knocked out by Poirier on Fight IslandCredit: Getty UFC 264, headline by The Notorious, will be broadcast on BT Sport Box Office. And fans will have access to the main card for £19.95. All eyes will be on McGregor, as he aims to take the trilogy with Poirier, and elevate himself back into the UFC lightweight picture in the process. The winner is almost certain to get a title shot against Charles Oliveira. But the Brazilian isn't concerned. He recently said: "I don’t choose my fights. I will be ready. I really believe in my jiu-jitsu against either of them, but something tells me that if I...
    OSCAR DE LA HOYA'S comeback fight has been moved to September with Evander Holyfield making his own sensational return a month before. De La Hoya, who retired in 2008 after a battering from Manny Pacquiao, announced in March that he would return to the ring. 3Oscar De La Hoya's comeback fight has been moved to SeptemberCredit: Handout - Getty 3Evander Holyfield makes his return in AugustCredit: Getty It was initially set for July, but social media platform Triller - which is promoting the boxing legend - has now been forced to delay the event. They have moved it by two months, with an opponent also yet to be confirmed. The brains behind Triller's 'Fight Club', film producer Ryan Kavanaugh, had been in talks for UFC legend Georges St-Pierre, 39, to fight De La Hoya, 48. But he claimed on Instagram that UFC president Dana White had BLOCKED GSP from making the boxing switch. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Ryan Kavanaugh (@ryankavanaughofficial) That is despite St-Pierre announcing his retirement in 2019,...
    Why this family decided to separate at the border Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff dies in prison The Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier bout is officially on for UFC 264 and will be held in front of a capacity crowd in Las Vegas, UFC president Dana White announced Wednesday morning.  © Provided by Yahoo! Sports FILE - In this Sept. 27, 2014, file photo, Conor McGregor, left, kicks Dustin Poirier during their mixed martial arts bout in Las Vegas. McGregor returns from a year-long layoff for a rematch against Poirier in the promotions's first pay-per-view of the year, at UFC 257 on Jan. 24 at Abu Dhabi. (AP Photo/John Locher, File) The fight will be July 10 at T-Mobile Arena as a pay-per-view card. It's the third meeting between them and comes two days after McGregor said he was calling off the fight following a squabble over a missing charitable donation.  McGregor told ESPN's Ariel Helwani he signed the bout agreement on Wednesday morning.  "I'm going to rip this game a new a**hole July 10th," he told Helwani. "The Mac...
    Getty If Dustin Poirier has to pull out of the trilogy fight with Conor McGregor, UFC president Dana White has a backup fighter in mind. Although Poirier vs. McGregor 3 hasn’t been finalized, both of the fighters, as well as White, have confirmed interest in the contest. “The Diamond” and “Notorious” are 1-1, with both holding a TKO victory over the other. During the UFC 260 post-fight press conference, the promotion’s president was asked if UFC 264, which is set to take place on July 10, will be at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. White was also asked if the trilogy fight between Poirier and McGregor will take place on the card. White replied that he “hopes so.” He was then asked if No. 2 ranked lightweight Justin Gaethje would compete on the card in the co-main event. “Yeah we could do that,” White said. The UFC president then pitched another idea: “Or, he would be the backup.” GettyJustin Gaethje punches Tony Ferguson in their interim lightweight title fight during UFC 249. It’s not...
    JORGE MASVIDAL has reignited his rivalry with old foe Kamaru Usman by calling him out for a blockbuster rematch. Usman cemented his reputation as one of the great welterweights by defending his title for a third time against Gilbert Burns at UFC 258 on Saturday. 3Kamaru Usman, right, defended his title belt against Gilbert Burns on SaturdayCredit: Handout - Getty Although he was knocked down in the first round, Usman responded and KO'd his opponent in the third. The 33-year-old then wasted little time eyeing up his next victim by calling out Masvidal. The duo have history with The Nigerian Nightmare beating Masvidal at UFC 251 in July last year. He said in Saturday's post-fight press conference: "We got this little street thug calling himself Jesus (Masvidal). He's thinking he is Jesus. And you know, we tried to make that fight several times.  "They tried to make that fight. But he kept backing out. The only reason this man took the (previous) fight is because it was on six days notice and he had a built-in excuse....
    UFC president Dana White has confirmed plans are well underway to secure Conor McGregor's trilogy with Dustin Poirier. The Notorious was stunned inside the Octagon against the American last month when he was knocked out in round two. 3Conor McGregor wants to settle to score with a rematch in the summerCredit: Getty Images - Getty Their rivalry now stands at one apiece with Poirier getting revenge over his loss to McGregor back in 2014. Both fighters have since declared their intentions to settle the score once and for all with the winner likely to land a title shot. White said: "They both want it. So when you've got two guys that want the trilogy as bad as those two do, we'll try make it happen. When asked on the timeframe of when it could happen, White responded: "This summer, it will happen. "These guys are all going to fight it out, we’ll narrow it down to the two guys who will face off for the title.” White also added how McGregor, a former two-weight world champ, is...
    Deadliest place in America: They shrugged off the pandemic, then their family and friends started dying Critics of Electoral College push for popular vote compact Jai Herbert vs. Drakkar Klose added to UFC Fight Night card for Feb. 20 The UFC’s matchmakers are making strides as they start to fill out their fight cards for the early part of 2021, and they have booked a lightweight battle for the promotion’s Feb. 20 card. © Provided by MMAJunkie The UFC Fight Night event, which currently does not have a confirmed venue or location, will feature a 155-pound clash between England’s Jai Herbert and Drakkar Klose. Two people with knowledge of the booking confirmed the fight with MMA Junkie, but requested anonymity as the UFC has not officially confirmed the matchup. Former Cage Warriors lightweight champion Herbert (10-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is looking to claim his first win inside the octagon after he suffered a dramatic knockout loss to Francisco Trinaldo at UFC on ESPN 14 in Abu Dhabi in July. He’ll look to bounce back against Klose (11-2-1 MMA, 5-2...
    CONOR McGREGOR'S UFC return against Dustin Poirier has been CONFIRMED for January 23, according to reports. The Irishman has been heavily linked with an octagon comeback and - having retired in June - will now return at UFC 257. 4Conor McGregor will return to UFC against Dustin Poirier on January 23Credit: Instagram @thenotoriousmma 4The Notorious will fight the American - who he beat in 2014 - at UFC 257Credit: Getty Images - Getty A deal has finally been agreed which will see him fight at the show - which is expected to be in Las Vegas - in the new year. Talks have reportedly been ongoing for several weeks and all parties came to an agreement on Monday night, according to MMA Fighting. The fight will headline the pay-per-view event. But Notorious is still said to favour an earlier return at UFC 256 on December 12 now Amanda Nunes vs Megan Anderson has been scrapped as the main event. McGregor beat Poirier in 2014 - finishing him just one minute and 46 seconds into the first round. And the American...
    DANA WHITE has confirmed Khabib Nurmagomedov will fight Justin Gaethje on October 24. Undefeated lightweight champion Nurmagomedov's father and trainer, Abdulmanap, 57, died in a Moscow hospital earlier this month following complications from Covid-19. 2Khabib's comeback has been confirmed for October 24Credit: Getty Images That left fans wondering when we would see the superstar back in action. Now that wait is nearly over after the UFC president announced his comeback. Speaking to CNN, White said: “It's been very rough on him. “His father was a hero to him, he loved his father, they had a very close relationship and it was very hard on him.” Rumours had been mounting that the Dagestani fighter would retire from the sport following his loss. And even though White did not confirm the location of the clash, he was confident it would definitely happen after originally being slated for September. The UFC chief said: “It's going to happen, tell you right here right now. That fight is going to happen.” Nurmagomedov was due to defend his title against Tony Ferguson earlier this year but...
    Getty UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya’s subsequent title protection is ready to happen at UFC 253 on September 19 in line with Combate. The long-awaited “grudge match” between the UFC’s 185-pound champ Adesanya and unbeaten contender Paulo Costa is lastly confirmed to be the principle occasion for UFC 253. Per that very same report, UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa will possible happen on UFC Battle Island on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. The preliminary report about UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa got here through Combate and was later confirmed by MMA Junkie, MMA Preventing, and different MMA information websites. Per the unique report and the others that adopted, UFC 253 is now set to function the next contests: Israel Adesanya vs. Paulo Costa Mackenzie Dern vs. Randa Markos Hakeem Dawodu vs. Zubaira Tukhugov Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Ciryl Gane This breaking information story will probably be up to date because it continues to develop. READ NEXT: Jon Jones Retains Coaching for Large Superfight Twitter: @Kelsey_McCarson YouTube: Actual Discuss with Kelsey and Rachel
    (CNN)When UFC president Dana White said in April that he was close to securing a "private island" to host events, people scoffed at the idea.But, fast forward two months, and he has achieved the unthinkable. White announced on Tuesday that UFC's "Fight Island" will be Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.The island will host four events, including the pay-per-view event UFC 251, between July 11 and July 25.To ensure it is a safe environment in the midst of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Department of Culture and Tourism for Abu Dhabi (DCT Abu Dhabi) will seal off the nearly 10-square-mile (25 km) island, which will include an arena, hotel, training facilities, and dining establishments.White hosts a face off between Jussier Formiga (left) and Alex Perez (right).Entry to this "safety zone" will be permitted only to UFC athletes, their coaches, UFC staff and other event personnel.Read MoreFighters will stay and train on the island, with White saying that fights will take place in the "Octagon out in the sand.""We came up with the idea of having fights on 'Fight Island' because we...
1