Sunday, Aug 14, 2022 - 05:51:47
14 results - (0.002 seconds)

Responsibility’s investigation:

latest news at page 1:
1
    Share this: Today, Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, Chairwoman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, held a hearing to examine the role of the firearms industry in America’s gun violence epidemic. Ahead of the hearing, the Committee released new findings from the Committee’s investigation into five major gun manufacturers’ sales and marketing of AR-15-style assault rifles. The Committee found that gun manufacturers collected more than $1 billion from the sale of AR-15-style semiautomatic weapons in the last decade. “Our investigation shows that five major gun manufacturers collected a total of more than $1 billion dollars from the sale of assault rifles over the last decade,” said Chairwoman Maloney in her opening statement. “Our investigation also found that gun manufacturers use dangerous marketing tactics to sell assault weapons to the public. That includes marketing to children, preying on young men’s insecurities, and even appealing to violent white supremacists. Finally, we found that even as guns kill more Americans than ever, none of these companies take even basic steps to monitor the deaths and injuries caused by their products. That is beyond...
    The U.S. Forest Service after an internal investigation took responsibility for two blazes that merged to become New Mexico’s largest wildfire . Forest Service investigators found the agency responsible for igniting a “burn pile” that created the Calf Canyon fire. The agency reportedly thought the “burn pile” was put out, but it reignited on April 19. Three days later, on April 22, the Calf Canyon fire merged with the Hermit Peak Fire, another Forest Service controlled burn that went out of control. “The intentionally set blazes, known as prescribed burns, are aimed at limiting the accumulation of timber and underbrush that, if left unattended, can fuel extremely hot and destructive wildfires,” the Associated Press reported. In this photo released by the U.S. Forest Service, aircraft known as “super scoopers” battle the Hermit Peak and Calf Canyon Fires in the Santa Fe National Forest in New Mexico on Tuesday, April 26, 2022. (J. Michael Johnson/U.S. Forest Service via AP) The New Mexico wildfire comes after President Joe Biden’s administration announced a $50 billion plan in January to “more than double the use of controlled...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Authorities say Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for Gabby Petito‘s death in written statements that were found near Laundrie’s body back in October. The FBI provided a final update on the investigation into Petito’s death Friday. READ MORE: Utah Police Officers Who Questioned Gabby Petito And Brian Laundrie Should Be Put On Probation, Report Finds“The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito,” said FBI Denver Division Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider. Petito, a 22-year-old Blue Point native, was reported missing in early September after going on a cross-country road trip with Laundrie, her fiancé. GABBY PETITO HOMICIDE: Timeline Of Road Trip With Fiancé Brian Laundrie, Notable Dates And Events Laundrie, who had returned from the trip without Petito, went missing himself as the investigation into Petito’s whereabouts began. Petito’s body was later found in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, near where Petitio and Laundrie had been seen together. The coroner’s office ruled Petito’s death a homicide, saying she died from strangulation and...
    Brian Laundrie took responsibility for the death of his 22-year-old fiancé and fellow Long Island native, Gabby Petito, the FBI announced on Friday, Jan. 21. Laundrie, 24, was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound on Wednesday, Oct. 20 in a nature reserve near his home in North Port, Florida.  "Investigators found human remains later confirmed to be Mr. Laundrie, along with a backpack, notebook, and a revolver," the FBI said in a statement. "A review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito’s death." On Thursday, Jan. 20, the Petito/Schmidt families met with the FBI at the Tampa, Florida, Field Office as the investigation will be closed in the near future. “All logical investigative steps have been concluded in this case,” said FBI Denver Division Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider. “The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito." Following the meeting, the Petito/Schmidt families officially thanked the FBI through their attorney's office saying: "We truly appreciate the FBI's diligent...
    Brian Laundrie took responsibility for the death of his 22-year-old fiancé and fellow Long Island native, Gabby Petito, the FBI announced on Friday, Jan. 21. The 24-year-old Laundrie was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound on Wednesday, Oct. 20 in a nature reserve near his home in North Port, Florida.  "Investigators found human remains later confirmed to be Mr. Laundrie, along with a backpack, notebook, and a revolver," the FBI said in a statement. "A review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito’s death." On Thursday, Jan. 20, the Petito/Schmidt families met with the FBI at the Tampa, Florida, Field Office as the investigation will be closed in the near future. “All logical investigative steps have been concluded in this case,” said FBI Denver Division Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider. “The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito." Following the meeting, the Petito/Schmidt families officially thanked the FBI through their attorney's office saying: "We truly appreciate the FBI's...
    NEW YORK -- The FBI announced Friday that Brian Laundrie claimed responsibility for killing Gabby Petito in a notebook found near his body.In a statement, the FBI says their "investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito."When Laundrie's body was found, a backpack with a notebook was found nearby.The FBI wrote, "a review of the notebook revealed written statements by Mr. Laundrie claiming responsibility for Ms. Petito's death."Laundrie died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.An attorney for Laundrie's family released the following statement:"Gabby and Brian are no longer with their families and this tragedy has caused enormous emotional pain and suffering to all who loved either or both of them. We can only hope that with today's closure of the case each family can begin to heal and move forward and find peace in and with the memories of their children."Petito's family met with the FBI on Thursday and the investigation will be closed in the near future.
    In newly-unearthed audio, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy endorsed a bipartisan investigation into the Captiol riot on January 6, 2021 and said that former President Donald Trump told him he felt some responsibility for it. The interview on a local radio station in California just days after the attack has resurfaced right after McCarthy said he would not cooperate with the now ongoing Jan. 6 investigation panel. On Thursday, McCarthy was asked by CNN reporter Manu Raju about how he had said he was 'willing to testify' about Jan. 6 but now did not support the select committee hearing. The House Minority Leader interrupted, saying, 'That's not true. Ask your question. I'll verify what's true in there.'  CNN has since unearthed two audio clips in which McCarthy called for the investigation and blamed Trump for the attack.   House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy bristled at questions on Thursday about why he would not cooperate with the Jan. 6 investigation, turning instead to attack House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and saying he had nothing to offer the House probe Former President Donald Trump...
    Homeland Security chief Alejandro Mayorkas said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “The ReidOut” that he was “horrified” by recent images of U.S. Border Patrol agents on horseback confronting Haitian migrants along the Rio Grande River. Mayorkas said, “I too was horrified by the images captured by photographers with respect to the activities of Border Patrol agents of horseback. We do not condone. We do not tolerate any mistreatment of any migrant. What we did is we directed an immediate investigation of the events captured in the photographs and on video. I have ensured that the top leadership of the office of professional responsibility lead that investigation and that it be conducted thoroughly and swiftly. We need this resolved swiftly. In fact, I anticipate that the results of the investigation will be available by the end of next week. I’ve committed to making the results public.” He continued, “I directed that the office of professional responsibility be on-site in Del Rio 24/7 to make sure that the conduct of our employees is consistent with the policies, the training, and values of this department. Lastly,...
    The 20 best found-footage horror films 18 Online Shopping Traps and Scams To Watch Out For The Los Angeles Angels fired pitching coach Mickey Callaway after Major League Baseball announced he was being placed on the Ineligible List as a result of its investigation into sexual harassment allegations against him. Its honestly really hard to afford: Phillies McCutchen explains MLBs diversity issue USA TODAY SPORTS See more videos SHARE SHARE TWEET SHARE EMAIL What to watch next Verducci: Four Hot Teams in Baseball Share a Common Thread Sports Illustrated Cespedes Family BBQ takes deep dive on 20,000th player to play in Majors, Jose Godoy FOXSports Safety protocols in place at baseball stadiums to welcome fans back CBS News Are No-Hitters Starting to Lose Their Mystique? Sports Illustrated Verducci: Mike Trout Joins the Long List of Player on the IR Sports Illustrated Tony La Russa is Wrong for Siding With the Unwritten Rules of Baseball Over Yermín Mercedes Sports Illustrated Click to expand Replay Video Verducci: Four...
    With Beijing desperate to avoid blame for a virus that has killed more than 1.8 million people worldwide, China is tightening up its story regarding the coronavirus pandemic's spread ahead of a World Health Organization (WHO) investigation in order to avoid being held accountable, according to reports. The independent WHO probe -- which is expected to last around four to five weeks -- will involve a team of 10, one of whom told BBC News last month that it wasn't about finding a "guilty country." In March 2020, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention Leader Dr. Gauden Galea said that the intention is to learn how similar pandemics could be avoided in the coming years. On Tuesday, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said he is "disappointed" that Chinese officials have yet to finalize permissions for the team's arrival. CHINA SAYS BIDEN REPRESENTS 'NEW WINDOW OF HOPE' FOR RELATIONS WITH US In China, COVID-19 -- which was first reported in the eastern city of Wuhan -- has infected at least 96,278 and killed more than 4,787 people, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.  However, a...
1