Sunday, Aug 14, 2022 - 12:29:16
15 results - (0.002 seconds)

through FEMA’s:

latest news at page 1:
1
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden declared Tuesday that “it’s time for Americans to get back to work” as he announced new efforts to allow people to return to normal activities safely after two years of pandemic disruptions. Biden used his State of the Union address to announce that his administration was launching a “test-to-treat” initiative to provide free antiviral pills at pharmacies to those who test positive for the virus. He also highlighted the progress made on the pandemic since last year, with a dramatic reduction in cases, readily-available vaccines and tests, and new therapeutics soon becoming more accessible. “Tonight, I can say we are moving forward safely, back to more normal routines,” Biden said. “It’s time for Americans to get back to work and fill our great downtowns again.” His comments come ahead of the White House release of a new “National COVID-19 Preparedness Plan” on Wednesday. The White House said it would be “a roadmap that will enable us to move forward safely, and sustain and build on the progress we’ve made over the past 13...
    President Biden announced Tuesday that he will extend the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s  (FEMA) coronavirus aid for states through July.  White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff ZientsJeff ZientsFacing red wave, Democrats work on a midterm message Overnight Health Care — CDC to change guidance, including masking CDC looks to update mask guidance in coming weeks MORE reportedly told governors in a call about the extension of FEMA’s federal aid to help support agency-backed efforts including vaccination clinics, mass testing sites, and hospital resources to help deal with severe COVID-19 cases.  “FEMA’s priority throughout the response to COVID-19 has been to coordinate and provide the necessary resources and personnel states, tribes and territories need to adequately respond to the pandemic,” FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell said in a statement, via the Associated Press.  “Today’s extension of the 100% cost-share through July 1, 2022, builds on our efforts to assist impacted communities across state and federal levels.” FEMA recently sent $1.2 million to Indiana’s Ball State University last month to help cover on-campus testing and $91.8 million to the state of Wisconsin to help cover costs for...
    WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden is extending the federal government’s 100% reimbursement of COVID-19 emergency response costs to states, tribes and territories through July 1, the White House announced Tuesday. White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients informed governors on a conference call that Biden is approving the extension of Federal Emergency Management Agency support to help continue FEMA-backed efforts like vaccination clinics, mass testing sites and surging hospital resources to deal with local case spikes. “FEMA’s priority throughout the response to COVID-19 has been to coordinate and provide the necessary resources and personnel states, tribes and territories need to adequately respond to the pandemic,” FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell said. “Today’s extension of the 100% cost-share through July 1, 2022, builds on our efforts to assist impacted communities across state and federal levels.” The extension through the first half of the year is a sign that the White House continues to see a need for federal resources in combating COVID-19 even as Biden tries to guide the country to live with the coronavirus while case counts recede. Recent examples of...
    "Sunday Night in America" spoke with Mayfield candle factory owner, whose factory was destroyed after deadly tornadoes to hit the country, pushing through approximately six states.  One of the more devastated areas included the state of Kentucky where about one hundred people are presumed dead or missing. FEMA IN ‘LIFE-SAVING, SUSTAINING’ MODE COMBING FOR SURVIVORS IN TORNADO DEVASTATION  "A community in Mayfield, Kentucky is the epicenter of the destruction. More than 100 people were working in a candle factory there when their workplace was devastated Friday night," Fox News host Trey Gowdy said. Gowdy spoke with the factory owner Troy Propes on any updates on survivors and victims of the devastation. Emergency workers search through what is left of the Mayfield Consumer Products Candle Factory after it was destroyed by a tornado in Mayfield, Kentucky, on December 11, 2021. - Tornadoes ripped through five US states overnight, leaving more than 70 people dead Saturday in Kentucky and causing multiple fatalities at an Amazon warehouse in Illinois that suffered "catastrophic damage" with around 100 people trapped inside. The western Kentucky...
    The expected death toll could reach 100 after approximately two dozen tornadoes ripped through America’s heartland late Friday and early Saturday. Democratic Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear labeled the disaster “the worst, most devastating, most deadly tornado event” in the state’s history, according to Axios. The outlet reported that storm winds carried some debris up to 30,000 feet and added that one weather station in Mayfield, Kentucky reported wind gusts of 107 mph. (RELATED: Terrifying Video Shows A Tornado Ripping Through An Airfield). At least 70 people across Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and Tennessee were confirmed dead as of Saturday night, CBS News reported. More are expected to be recovered from the rubble of a Mayfield candle factory that collapsed during the storm, rendering 110 people unable to escape. President Joe Biden approved Kentucky’s state of emergency declaration which will allow FEMA to coordinate disaster relief inside the state along with other federal agencies, CBS reported. He announced he will approve declarations from others once they are submitted, the outlet added. This morning, I was briefed on the devastating tornadoes across...
    Homeowners and businesses affected by the damage inflicted from Tropical Depression Ida will be receiving help after all, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan announced. In a Friday afternoon news release , Hogan made the announcement that $4 million in funding through the U.S. Small Business Administration will be made available to help homeowners and businesses rebuild. He also requested a disaster declaration from the organization in order to make low-interest loans available. “In the absence of federal action, I am taking immediate steps to provide additional relief for the families and businesses affected by last month’s devastating storm,” Hogan said in the release. “Working with local leaders, we are going to continue to do everything we can to help the community get through this and recover.” The Federal Emergency Management Agency denied the state's request for a disaster declaration . According to the release, the funding will be made available through the Department of Housing and Community Development, which will help homeowners with repairs, short-term rental assistance, and business loans. The governor made the SBA disaster request for Anne Arundel, Cecil,...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — It’s been five days since the remnants of Hurricane Ida ripped through the Tri-State Area. Many are still cleaning up. On Monday, President Biden signed a declaration to pump out federal funds to the local level, which will help New Yorkers in dire need, CBS2’s John Dias reported. READ MORE: NYPD: Suspect Caught On Camera Smashing Window, Stealing Laptop From Store In Chelsea “We had to come out through this way, and the water was already like a flowing river,” said Woodside, Queens resident Litzy Gutierrez, 19, describing the flood. Gutierrez and her extended family had to swim through floodwater to get to higher ground during last Wednesday’s storm. Their basement apartment flooded quickly. Her cousin’s crib, along with most of their household possessions, are ruined. “Most of the things are gone,” Gutierrez said. The family considers themselves lucky they got to safety. Around the corner, a 2-year-old and his parents drowned in the flood. Most in the neighborhood were impacted by the storm and have been spending every day since cleaning up. “I’ve been living...
    CHICAGO (WLS) -- The federal government is offering much-needed help to families who have lost loved ones to COVID-19.Families can receive up to $9,000 reimbursement for funeral costs, but navigating the process can be tricky.The money is being offered through the Federal Emergency Management Agency, or FEMA, through the American Rescue Act. However, there may be challenges in accessing the funs."The challenges are, one, wait time, and calling FEMA. There's a lot of calls and FEMAL has limited staff, so it takes a while to get through to them," said Bob Smith, president of the Illinois Funeral Director Association and owner of Smith Corcoran Funeral Home on the Northwest Side. "The second part is, the second problem is collecting all the paperwork that FEMA wants. Fairly simple: funeral bill, receipt of payment for death certificate. But not everybody has that available."There's at least 20 things on the checklist to get the money, the I-Team found, and it can be difficult for some people."Most of those items are pretty, pretty simple and straightforward, but there is a line of documentation that...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The two FEMA-funded, state-run COVID-19 vaccination sites in Miami-Dade have reopened in Florida City and Sweetwater. Second dose shots of the Pfizer vaccine are being given at Sweetwater’s Ronselli Park and Florida City’s youth center. READ MORE: Another Endangered Florida Panther Killed By Vehicle Those receiving their second dose must bring their CDC shot card and Florida government ID. These two satellite sites are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through April 14th. READ MORE: Miami Weather: Warming Up Through The Weekend The main FEMA-funded site at Miami Dade College North Campus is offering first and second doses through April 7th. The site will only offer the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine from April 7 through April 14. It is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. No appointments are needed for these three walk-up sites. MORE NEWS: Florida International University To Return To Pre-Pandemic Scheduling Vaccinations are given to people 50 and older, K-12 teachers and school employees, firefighters and police officers 50 years and older, and people with medical conditions who...
    ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — The Maryland Emergency Management Agency announced Friday that the state will receive a $341 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for its COVID-19 response. This award will provide funding to the Maryland Department of Health for personal protective equipment purchased to support the state’s healthcare workers and first responders. CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE: TIMELINE: Coronavirus In Maryland, Tracking The Spread Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ Latest CDC Guidelines This grant, administered through MEMA’s Public Assistance program, was awarded as a result of the Presidential Disaster Declaration issued in March 2020 under the Robert T. Stafford Act. “This much needed federal aid will allow the Maryland Department of Health to recoup expenses related to COVID-19 from January 20 through July 27, 2020,” Gov. Larry Hogan said. “We are very pleased to have received this award which contributes immensely to our continued fight against this disease.” For the latest information on coronavirus go to the Maryland Health Department’s website or call 211. You can find all of WJZ’s coverage on coronavirus in Maryland here.
    The fast-growing Glass Fire Incident has burned more than 67,000 acres Napa and Sonoma County and forcing the evacuation of at least 68,000 people.MAP: Glass Fire map shows wineries, landmarks destroyed in Napa, Sonoma countiesOct. 10, 11 a.m.: FEMA Mobile Center for SCU Lightning Complex wildfire survivors in the East Bay and South Bay will be open through Monday, FEMA says. The SCU complex fires burned nearly 400,000 acres in August and September in Santa Clara County, Alameda County, Contra Costa County, SanJoaquin County, Merced and Stanislaus County. The center will be open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Monday at the Santa Clara Sweetwater CalFire Station, 47625 Mines Road. It will operate alongside the community's Local Assistance Center, where state resources areavailable.Oct. 10, 8 a.m.:The Glass Fire burning in Napa, Sonoma counties is 67,484 acres, 82% contained, CAL FIRE says. #GlassFire East of Calistoga In Napa county is 67,484 acres and 82% contained. Unified Command: @CALFIRELNU, @sonomasheriff, @NapaSheriff, and @SantaRosaFirehttps://t.co/8emg5vYHv7 pic.twitter.com/Bf4MDzLsKF— CAL FIRE (@CAL_FIRE) October 10, 2020Oct. 7, 7 p.m.: The Glass Fire has burned 67,420 acres in Napa...
    The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced Thursday that it’s extending deadlines for residents in ten Northern California counties applying for aid to help in the wake of the lightning complex fires this summer. Residents of Lake, Sonoma, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Solano, San Mateo, Napa, Monterey, Butte and Yolo counties have until Nov. 21 to apply for individual disaster assistance grants. The same deadline applies for people seeking low-interest small business loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration. The previous deadline was Oct. 21. Federal disaster assistance for individuals and families can include money for rental assistance, essential home repairs, personal property losses and other serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance, the announcement from FEMA said. Residents who lost access to water through their private well — if the well was physically damaged, collapsed and/or is no longer producing potable water as a direct result of the disaster — could also be considered for financial assistance under FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. To register, people will need Social Security numbers, insurance policy information, address of their damaged primary...
    The Gulf Coast should be gearing up for dangerous flash floods brought on by Hurricane Sally, FEMA Administrator Pete Gaynor told "Bill Hemmer Reports" on Wednesday. Gaynor said the storm is still ongoing but states like Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina should be prepared, warning inland residents to brace for flash flooding. LIVE UPDATES: HURRICANE SALLY MENACES GULF COAST "Water is going to be the issue," Gaynor said. "So whether you live on the coast or, more importantly, if you live inland, as Sally makes its way through Alabama, through Georgia, through South Carolina, it's going to be about flash flooding, inland flooding, water." Gaynor urged residents to heed the directions of local and state emergency managers and warned those impacted by the storm to "stay out of the water" and keep themselves "out of trouble." The National Hurricane Center warned of "Historic and catastrophic flooding," on Wednesday  after Sally roared ashore in Alabama, bringing torrential rain that threatens to spread further inland. VideoThe cyclone has since weakened to tropical storm, but dangerous flooding is expected to continue, according to the U.S. National Hurricane Center (NHC) in Miami. Maximum sustained winds had dropped to around 70 mph by the afternoon, and...
    MinnPost photo by Peter CallaghanDEED Commissioner Steve GroveUnemployment boost coming. The Star Tribune’s Kavita Kumar reports: “The state of Minnesota has applied for a federal program that will temporarily provide up $300 a week in additional unemployment benefits to Minnesotans who have lost work because of the coronavirus pandemic. … Steve Grove, commissioner of the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development, said the state has already completed all of the necessary work to make sure it can make payments as soon as the funding is transferred from the federal government. The payments could start showing up in workers’ unemployment checks by the end of next week or the following week.” Arrests last night. KSTP reports: “The Minnesota State Patrol says 49 people were arrested overnight in Minneapolis while a curfew was in place. … According to the state patrol, most arrests were for curfew violations.” No Friday curfew. WCCO reports: “Minneapolis City Council voted Friday to extend Mayor Jacob Frey’s emergency powers through the weekend, allowing him to issue more nightly curfews if he deems it necessary. … So...
1