Thursday, Sep 29, 2022 - 09:22:28
1000 results - (0.001 seconds)

Lane’s:

latest news at page 1:
    ORINDA — A man was killed overnight Saturday when he crashed into an unoccupied car parked on a shoulder lane of Highway 24, authorities said. The man, whose identity has not been disclosed, died at the scene, California Highway Patrol said. No one else was hurt in the crash. Authorities responded at about 1:33 a.m. Saturday to the two-vehicle crash, which took place west of the St. Stephens Drive highway exit in Orinda. The victim had been driving a Toyota Avalon in the highway’s eastbound lane when he lost control of the car, rear-ending an unoccupied Dodge Challenger that was parked on the right shoulder. It is not known if drugs or alcohol factored into the crash, authorities said. CHP is investigating the collision and can be contacted by witnesses at 925-646-4980.
    Weather permitting, Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) construction partners will close the ramp and interstate lanes at the locations below for the [email protected] Improvement Projects, which will widen I-16 and reconstruct the I-16/I-95 Interchange. The lane and ramp closures are necessary for work on the new I-16/I-95 Interchange bridges, widening activities for I-16, and bridge work at the I-16/I-516 Interchange. *NOTES: Detour information is shown using red text Daytime Closures Monday, December 13, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Intermittent right and left lane closures at the following locations I-16 westbound from Dean Forest Road (MP 160) to the I-16/I-95 Interchange (MP 157) Monday, December 13, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Intermittent right and left lane closures at the following locations I-16 eastbound from the I-16/I-95 Interchange (MP 157) to Dean Forest Road (MP 160) Tuesday, December 14, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Intermittent right and left lane closures at the following locations I-16 westbound from Dean Forest Road (MP 160) to the I-16/I-95 Interchange...
    Georgia DOT continues essential road work throughout Southeast Georgia.  As a result, work on construction and maintenance projects will continue Friday, December 10 through Friday, December 17. All work subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are cautioned to reduce their speed while traveling thru work zones, pay attention and watch for workers. Traffic interruptions are listed below by interstates, categories, and counties. Interstate 16 Interruptions Chatham County MM 142 to MM 144                                                                   Nightly Single Lane closures for bridge painting 7pm to 5am. Fri., Dec. 10 – Sat., Dec. 18     Interstate 516 Interruptions Chatham County From Mildred St. to Railroad Bridge                                     Shoulder Paving and Grinding Operations Nightly Lane Closures Monday, Dec 13 through Friday, Dec. 17 Intermittent/Short Duration Exit Closures/Detours at the following locations: EB Exit 3 off ramp at 8 pm Friday Dec. 10 thru Saturday, Dec.11 EB Exit 3 on ramp Beginning Saturday, December 11 WB Exit 3 on ramp Beginning Sunday, December 12 Follow detour signage along this route.     Bridge & Road Closures with Detours ...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Blue Origin’s third crewed mission, which will send news anchor Michael Strahan, the daughter of late astronaut Alan Shepard, and even a Miami Beach resident, to suborbital space, is expected to launch early Saturday morning. Liftoff is expected from Blue Origin’s Launch Site One near the rural town of Van Horn, Texas at 9:45 a.m. but could change due to weather or technical issues. READ MORE: Driver Turns Himself In For Shooting On Don Shula Expressway, 9-Year-Old Girl InjuredIt’ll be the first time the New Shepard rocket will have all six seats filled. Two of those seats will be filled by Miami Beach resident and tech entrepreneur Lane Bess and his son Cameron. Lane Bess is the principal and founder of Bess Ventures and Advisory. Cameron Bess is a content creator. They are the first parent and child duo to travel to space together. The crew also includes Good Morning America co-anchor and former New York Giants star Michael Strahan and Laura Shepard Churchley, the daughter of Alan Shepard, the first American to fly to space who...
    SAN JOSE — A woman died in a traffic collision involving two cars Thursday morning on Highway 101, according to authorities. A 19-year-old man was driving a 1999 Toyota Camry “at a higher rather of speed”  around 9:30 a.m. on southbound 101 just north of the Julian Street and McKee Road exit when he lost control of the car, according to California Highway Patrol officer Ross Lee. The driver swerved into the fourth lane, where he crashed into a 2006 Honda Odyssey being driven by a 44-year-old woman from San Jose, forcing it off the roadway, authorities said. The woman in the second car collided with a tree in the right shoulder. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. She identified as Diem Tran, 44, of San Jose, according to the Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office. The fourth lane was shut down while officers cleared the scene and reopened at 12:30 p.m., officials said. Lee said investigators don’t believe that alcohol or drugs were factors in the collision. Related Articles Letters: Indigenous culture | Safe streets |...
    CHICAGO (CBS) — A man wanted in a double homicide in west suburban Riverside has been arrested in Massachusetts. Carl Curry, 33, was arrested Thursday morning as he left a house in Hyannis, a village on Cape Cod, CBS Boston reports. Police said he was hiding out there with relatives, and was arrested by a fugitive task force. He was booked at the Barnstable Police Station, on murder and parole violation charges in Illinois. READ MORE: Chase Bank Takes $28,000 From Chatham Restaurateur's Business Account, Because Of Someone Else's Court OrderCurry is accused of shooting and killing 38-year-old Jeremy Lane and 31-year-old Tiata Johnson in an apartment at 63 Forest Ave. in Riverside on Nov. 13. Autopsies determined both victims had been shot multiple times. Neighbor Ryan Johnson, who is not related to Tiata, knew Lane. The two would often talk about Lane’s love of his car, which is pictured front and center on his Facebook page. “He had it all tricked out, and it was his pride and joy,” Ryan Johnson told CBS 2 last month. READ MORE: Chicago...
    It’s another Friday in America, and that means another week of “The David Hookstead Show” is in the books. On this week’s episodes, we talked about “Yellowstone,” Kyle Rittenhouse hitting back at LeBron James, Alabama dominating Georgia and a lot more. For anyone who might have missed any episodes, you can catch them all below! December 6: The College Football Playoff Field Is Set, The Lions Get Their First Win Of The Season, Dan Campbell Dedicates The Game Ball To The Oxford High School Shooting Victims, Lane Kiffin Agrees To An Extension With Ole Miss, Wisconsin Crushes Marquette, Dana White Thanks ‘Dr. Joe Rogan’ For Helping Him Beat COVID-19 And ‘Band Of Brothers Hero’ Edward Shames Dies At The Age Of 99 December 7: Kyle Rittenhouse Says ‘F**k’ LeBron James, Cincinnati Fan Disrespects Nick Saban And Alabama, Miami Officially Hires Mario Cristobal And Gives Him A Giant Contract, Nebraska Is Apparently The Drunkest Fan Base In College Football, ‘Yellowstone’ Shocks Fans In The Latest Episode And Tuesday Is The 80-Year Anniversary Of Pearl Harbor December 8: Ole Miss Professor Complains About Lane Kiffin’s New Contract, Deion Sanders Generates $30 Million For Jackson, Canada...
    MIKE PERRY left a broadcast table to brawl with bare knuckle fighter Julian Lane. The American, formerly of the UFC, was working as an analyst at a Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship event in Tampa 3Mike Perry left a broadcast table to brawl with bare knuckle fighter Julian LaneCredit: Instagram @julianlanemma 3Julian Lane is a bare-knuckle and former MMA fighterCredit: Instagram @julianlanemma View this post on Instagram A post shared by BKFC (@bareknucklefc) View this post on Instagram A post shared by BKFC (@bareknucklefc) He was heckled by 12-9 MMA veteran Lane, 34, who even threw something in Perry's face. It sparked a furious reaction from Perry, 30, who then stormed over to Lane and began attacking him. The rivals were eventually separated by security as a mass melee broke out in the arena. Lane is 4-5 in bare-knuckle and most recently fought in October, losing to David Rickels. But he will return in January against Kaleb Harris and will look to win for the fist time since June, when he beat Jake Paul's ex-sparring...
    Although weather could be a factor in what happens this weekend, there are two big projects continuing as part of the Transform 66 Project, which include closures on the Beltway and overnight stops. The I-295/DC-295 Corridor Project continues with a planned closure on the Suitland Parkway. There is some rain in the forecast as well. Be sure to stay tuned to WTOP Traffic on the 8s for the latest and any changes that may occur. And of course, be sure to call 866-304-WTOP with all updates you may find. Here’s what you should know if you’re traveling in the D.C. region this weekend. Roadwork Virginia There are two big projects in the works that are scheduled to continue into this weekend as part of the Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project. This weekend will see the bridge beam installation continue at the I-66/I-495 Interchange with lane and ramp closures planned. The overnight demolition of the old Gallows Road Bridge over I-66, which has been ongoing all week, is expected to continue into Saturday night. For the I-66/I-495 Interchange work, here...
    Getty Mike Perry after defeating Alex Oliveira at UFC Fight Night: Jacaré vs. Hermansson Former UFC fighter Mike “Platinum” Perry got into a brawl with another fighter during the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship event on December 9, 2021. Perry appeared on the show’s broadcast and while he was speaking on camera, “The Ultimate Fighter” veteran Julian Lane threw some paper at him and called him “Platinum P****.” After a few seconds of Perry cussing to himself, he took off his headset and rushed Lane. The two then got into a fight until event security and spectators broke them up. You can watch the brawl via the embedded YouTube video below: Play Mike Perry Gets Into BRAWL With Julian Lane at BKFCFormer UFC fighter Mike Perry appeared on the broadcast during the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, and while he was speaking on camera, Julian Lane provoked a fight with "Platinum."2021-12-10T03:40:21Z The latest UFC news straight to your inbox! Subscribe to the Heavy on UFC newsletter here! Sign up for the Heavy on UFC Newsletter! Follow the...
    Welcome to the Thursday episode of “The David Hookstead Show.” On today’s episode, we’re talking about NCAA president Mark Emmert claiming being a university president is the hardest job in America, a Nashville police officer displays Raylan Givens-esque quick draw speed during shooting, Lane Kiffin isn’t leaving Ole Miss for Oregon, Wisconsin earns a huge win over Indiana after coming back from a 22-point deficit, the “Yellowstone” prequel “1883” premieres in 10 days and it’s the perfect time to rewatch all “The Office” Christmas episodes. Let’s jump in! TOPICS: NCAA President Makes Insane Comment On What He Thinks Is Hardest Job In America Police Officer Shoots A Man Allegedly Reaching For A Weapon In Crazy Video Is Lane Kiffin Leaving Ole Miss To Take This Major Job? It Looks Like Fans Have An Answer Wisconsin Earns A Gigantic Basketball Win. Are The Badgers Unstoppable? The Highly-Anticipated ‘Yellowstone’ Prequel Comes Out In 10 Days. Here’s What Fans Need To Know Prepare For The Holidays With These Legendary Christmas Scenes From ‘The Office’ Thanks for spending another great...
    A 63-year-old man is facing charges in a two-vehicle crash on a Connecticut highway that killed a 58-year-old woman.  Mark Herbst, of Hartford, was arrested on Wednesday, Dec. 8, and charged with negligent homicide with a motor vehicle, according to Connecticut State Police. Police said the crash happened at about 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 4 in Glastonbury.  A 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350, driven by Herbst, struck a 2004 Toyota Camry on Route 2 Westbound near the Exit 9 on-ramp, authorities said.  Investigators found that the Mercedes-Benz traveled from the right lane into the shoulder and struck the Camry, which was stopped, State Police reported.  The driver of the Camry, identified as Marie Mathieu, of Colchester, was extricated from the car after the crash and hospitalized with serious injuries. Police said she was pronounced dead at the hospital. Herbst was also charged with failure to maintain the proper lane and failure to wear a seat safety belt, authorities said. He was released on bond, and is scheduled to appear in court on Friday, Jan. 7, police reported.
    Lane Kiffin reportedly won’t leave Ole Miss for the PAC-12. Wednesday night, Jon Wilner reported that Oregon super booster Phil Knight was “interested” in Kiffin possibly coming to Eugene to coach the Ducks. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Oregon is searching for a new coach after Mario Cristobal left for the Miami Hurricanes earlier in the week. Have heard from two Pac-12 sources that Phil Knight is interested in the Lane Train. Don’t know if anything will come of it but an interesting slice of the search https://t.co/cL4gvPkL3g — Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) December 9, 2021 However, the Ole Miss coach, who recently agreed to a new deal with the Rebels, apparently won’t be ditching his current situation. According to John Canzano, Kiffin is “not in the mix” to be the next coach at Oregon. Lane Kiffin “not in the mix” for Oregon football vacancy, per source. — John Canzano (@johncanzanobft) December 9, 2021 While Oregon is a great job, I don’t see Kiffin having much interest in leaving for it....
    A crash involving construction equipment may have damaged a bridge for Interstate 83, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Crash happened near Paxton Street in Swatara Township at approximately 5:45 p.m., according to PennDOT. The crash involved lowboy semi-trailer and construction equipment which hit the bridge, according to PennDOT. There is lane restriction in the northbound lane of I-83 and on Paxton Street while crews work to determine if the bridge is safe, according to PennDOT. The traffic was backed up for three exits about hours after the crash, according to PennDOT traffic cameras. Editor's Note: This originally was published in correctly stating the cause occurred on interstate 81 citing PennLive.
    Oregon football’s coaching search was hit with conflicting rumors with Phil Knight’s interest in Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin undetermined. The biggest coaching search still ongoing in an absolutely wild college football coaching carousel belongs to the Oregon Ducks. Head coach Mario Cristobal left town for Miami, leaving Oregon in need of a new figure to lead their program. The Ducks may have gotten blindsided by Cristobal but they have Phil Knight’s millions at their disposal to reel in a big fish. One may have already emerged. Oregon football could go after Lane Kiffin as head coachJon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News reported on Wednesday evening that Knight is interested in Lane Kiffin. That came after Bud Elliott named Kiffin as a name to watch on the Cover 3 podcast. Have heard from two Pac-12 sources that Phil Knight is interested in the Lane Train. Dont know if anything will come of it but an interesting slice of the search https://t.co/cL4gvPkL3g — Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) December 9, 2021 While Wilner is connected in Pac-12 circles, the...
    ANAHEIM (CBSLA) — On Wednesday, Disney debuted its new guest service, called Genie Plus, on their app.  It now allows visitors at Disneyland and California Adventure to cut through the long lines, all they have to do is pay an extra fee. READ MORE: Report: Leaking California Oil Pipe's Safeguards Not Fully Working“You get to do a lot more rides within the time frame that you have,” said guest Tehani Taylor.  “Today is our last day so we’re pretty happy we were able to utilize the service before we have to go back home.” For $20 a day, Genie Plus grants guests access to the lightning lane which takes the place of the fast pass lane.  READ MORE: As LA County DA George Gascón Touts First Year Accomplishments, Efforts To Recall Him Heat UpWhile some had issues with error messages during the initial rollout of the service, many are satisfied with dodging the normally extremely long lines.  “I think so because you then have to wait in the line so long,” said Erin Larsen who’s purchase sometimes wouldn’t process. “We...
    Brent Venables newest hire is perfect for Oklahoma and for breaking the hearts of Lane Kiffin and the Ole Miss Rebels. By poaching Jeff Lebby off Lane Kiffin’s Ole Miss Rebels staff, the Oklahoma football program has made a fantastic hire at offensive coordinator to kick off the new Brent Venables regime in Norman. Getting the offensive coordinator right was so critical this offseason cycle for Oklahoma. Venables was a defensive institution at Clemson under Dabo Swinney, but the Sooners have cemented their reputation in Power Five for their high-octane offense. Lebby is an Oklahoma grad and has a deep connection to the program serving under Lincoln Riley’s predecessor Bob Stoops in the 2000s. While Ole Miss should be fine, Kiffin has to adjust losing a top-flight offensive coach and recruiter. SOURCE: Ole Miss OC/play-caller Jeff Lebby is expected to become the new offensive coordinator at OU. Lebby is an Oklahoma grad and former Sooner staffer. 247sports first reported the move. — Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) December 8, 2021 Oklahoma football makes an incredible OC hire by landing Jeff Lebby No,...
    Welcome to the Wednesday episode of “The David Hookstead Show.” On today’s episode, we’re talking about an Ole Miss professor complaining about Lane Kiffin’s new contract with the Rebels, Deion Sanders has helped generate a stunning amount of money for Jackson, Canada bans unvaccinated NBA players from entering the country, “Yellowstone” puts up monster TV ratings with the latest episode and Netflix announces “Outer Banks” will return for a third season. Let’s dive right into all the action! TOPICS: Ole Miss Professor Sends Insane Tweet About Lane Kiffin’s Salary. What Is She Talking About? Deion Sanders Has Generated A Massive Amount Of Revenue For This City Canada Reportedly Drops The Hammer On Unvaccinated NBA Players. Here’s What We Know Latest ‘Yellowstone’ Episode Gets Insane TV Ratings. The Numbers Are Proof America Is Obsessed With The Duttons Netflix Announces Major News About Hit TV Show. Fans Will Love The Update As always, thanks for tuning in for another episode of “The David Hookstead Show.” It’s been an awesome ride with all of you since we started doing...
    Robert Pasquinelli was only 8 years old that Christmas, but he already sensed something special about his hometown and Willow Glen neighborhood. Little did he know that it would inspire a renowned artist decades later. Robert Pasquinelli with his Realtor, Gina Marciano, holding beloved “San Jose Hometown Christmas,” a Thomas Kinkade painting. A memory of his family tradition, gifted by Gina.  Imagine life in the late 1940s and early 1950s. It was a time when kids played outside until dinner, gates were cut out in fences so neighbors could readily pay a call with something sweet to eat or a bit of conversation, Lincoln Avenue donned overhead Christmas lights, which by today’s standards were very modest, and outdoor decorative lighting was nonexistent. Pasquinelli and his 11-year-old sister Marilou attended Willow Glen Elementary School, watched black-and-white television, and spent many an afternoon at La Villa Delicatessen owned by his aunt and uncle, Ann and Frank Giacomelli. The now 76-year-old estate planning lawyer, widower and father of two says he doesn’t know what inspired his mom, Mary, to rally the neighbors and...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Six people, including the first parent and child duo who are from South Florida, will travel to space together aboard the third crewed flight of Blue Origin’s New Shepard rocket. The spacecraft is scheduled to launch December 9 from Blue Origin launch facilities near the rural town of Van Horn, Texas, with Miami Beach resident and tech entrepreneur Lane Bess and his son Cameron on board. Lane Bess is the principal and founder of Bess Ventures and Advisory. Cameron Bess is a content creator. READ MORE: Have You Seen This Woman? Andreae Lloyd Missing After Being Abducted From Homestead HomeThe crew also includes Good Morning America co-anchor and former New York Giants star Michael Strahan and Laura Shepard Churchley, the daughter of Alan Shepard, the first American to fly to space who later walked on the moon. Blue Origin named its sub-orbital spacecraft and rocket after her father. READ MORE: M-DCPS Warns Threats To Schools Will Result In ArrestsThe other space travelers are space industry executive and philanthropist Dylan Taylor and investor Evan Dick. This will be...
    Ole Miss professor Anne Twitty apparently thinks Lane Kiffin is making too much money. The popular coach recently agreed to an extension with the Rebels, and he’ll make more than $29 million in base salary over the next four seasons. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) #OleMiss has released the full terms of Lane Kiffin’s new contract pic.twitter.com/8c0qBNU613 — Ben Garrett (@SpiritBen) December 6, 2021 Twitty tweeted, “I’m a tenured, associate history professor, in my 12th year at the University of Mississippi, and I’m not paid even 1/100th of the football coach’s new salary.” Yes, she’s upset that a guy who just went 10-2 in the SEC West got handed a fat new deal! I’m a tenured, associate history professor, in my 12th year at the University of Mississippi, and I’m not paid even 1/100th of the football coach’s new salary. https://t.co/tfW9KLF9t3 — Anne Twitty (@ProfessorTwitty) December 6, 2021 Man, she is going to be furious when she finds out what USC, LSU and Alabama are paying their coaches. She’s going to...
    Authorities in Washington, DC, have provided a list of tips for residents as carjackings rise in the city, urging people to “drive in the center lane to make it harder for potential carjackers to approach the car” and to “GIVE UP YOUR CAR” without argument in the event of a criminal issuing a threat with a weapon. “Unfortunately, we have been seeing a rash of these recently in the D.C. area,” 7News reported on Monday, referencing “violent” carjackings last week that resulted one man shot and another held at gunpoint. As a result, 7News provided a number of tips, which the outlet says are “directly from D.C. Police.” One of those tips encourages a victim to “GIVE UP YOUR CAR!” and “Don’t argue” in the event of a carjacker issuing a threat with a weapon. Police are also urging people to refrain from rolling their windows completely down “no matter how short the distance” of the destination and no matter “how safe the neighborhood is.” Seventy-three percent of Americans believe crime is higher now under President Joe Biden than under...
    PLEASANTON (KPIX) – Neighbors on one East Bay street have been spreading holiday cheer every year since 1953. They call it Candy Cane Lane, but according to the city of Pleasanton, it’s actually Walnut Drive – a dead end street not far from downtown. The street has it’s own radio station playing holiday music to get everyone in the spirit of the season. READ MORE: As Oakland Lawmakers Prepare To Vote To Increase Police Staffing New Report Questions Need“This is amazing. This is my first time coming here. One of my friends posted about it on Instagram, and wow. I didn’t know this existed,” says Bobby Simcock from Dublin. He brought is wife and two and a half year old daughter, Adeline, to see the lights. “What does it feel like Adeline? Wow! That’s so magical!” exclaimed Adeline’s mom. “To see her face, it’s just amazing to see her face light up and so energetic and embrace the whole Christmas experience, it’s really a true gift,” said Simcock. “We like sitting up on the porch, and waving, and saying hi...
    Disneyland will roll out the new Genie mobile app later this week with a pair of Lightning Lane options that will charge a premium for front-of-the-line access on some individual attractions at the Anaheim theme park. The new Disney Genie service will debut Wednesday, Dec. 8 as part of the Disneyland mobile app that will be a replacement for the retiring free FastPass and paid MaxPass line-cutting options. Disney’s new personal assistant service will be divided into three parts – the free Disney Genie option, the paid Disney Genie+ alternative and the upcharge individual Lightning Lane access. The $20 Disney Genie+ service will offer front-of-the-line access to 19 rides at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Lightning Lane access for three of the most popular attractions – Rise of the Resistance, Web Slingers and Radiator Springs Racers – will run $7 to $20 per ride with prices varying by day. Disneyland and DCA visitors can start using Genie as soon as they have a reservation to the parks. The Genie app will start making live recommendations at 7 a.m. on the...
    The Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting death that occurred on JM Royal Lane in Statesboro over the weekend. The victim was deceased when deputies arrived, and the suspect was taken into custody. On Saturday, December 4, 2021, shortly after 11:00am, Bulloch County Sheriff Deputies responded to 251 JM Royal Lane, Statesboro, Ga (Bulloch County, Ga). Deputies were called to the scene by a neighbor reporting that a person had been shot at the given address. Upon arrival, deputies found a male lying on the front porch of the residence, deceased from an apparent gunshot wound. The suspect in the incident was located at the complainant’s residence and taken into custody without incident. The deceased has been identified as STEPHEN RICHARD EBELING (40 years of age). The suspect has been identified as the brother of the deceased, MICHAEL CHRISTOPHER EBELING (36 years of age) and the resident of 251 JM Royal Lane. No other persons were present during the confrontation between the two brothers and the case is...
    Welcome to the Monday episode of “The David Hookstead Show.” On today’s episode, we’re talking about the Alabama, Michigan, Georgia and Cincinnati making the College Football Playoff, the Lions get their first win of the season, Dan Campbell dedicates the game ball to the victims of the Oxford High School shooting, Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss agree to an extension, Wisconsin hammers Marquette, Dana White thanks Joe Rogan for helping him beat COVID-19 and “Band of Brothers” hero Edward Shames passes away at the age of 99. Let’s dive in. TOPICS: The College Football Playoff Field Is Set, And Everyone Is Talking About Number Three The Detroit Lions Get Their First Win Of The Season On Wild Final Play Detroit Lions Coach Pulls 100% Pure Class Move After Horrific School Shooting Ole Miss Announces Major News About Lane Kiffin’s Future With The Program. How Will Fans React? Wisconsin Earns A Massive Basketball Win. Can Anyone Stop The Badgers? Dana White Thanks ‘Dr. Joe Rogan’ After Beating COVID-19 Legendary ‘Band Of Brothers’ Hero Dies. Take A Moment To...
    OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi and Lane Kiffin have agreed to a new contract after the program’s first 10-win regular season. Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics Keith Carter Saturday announced what the school described as a new deal. The school didn’t release any details of the contract. Kiffin led No. 8 Ole Miss to a 10-2 regular season, including a 7-0 record at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium in his second year. The Rebels are headed to a New Year’s Six bowl. “We are committed to winning championships at Ole Miss, and Coach Kiffin is the person to lead us to those heights,” Carter said. The Rebels have led the Southeastern Conference in total offense in each of Kiffin’s first two seasons, and quarterback Matt Corral emerged as a Heisman Trophy candidate this year. The school had announced a new deal with Kiffin in January hours before the Outback Bowl, the Rebels’ first bowl appearance in five seasons. ___ More AP college football: https://apnews.com/hub/college-football and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25 Sign up for the AP’s college football newsletter: https://apnews.com/cfbtop25 Copyright © 2021 The Associated Press. All rights...
    The Ole Miss Rebels have rewarded Lane Kiffin as the Ole Miss football coach is receiving a brand new contract extension. Lane Kiffin’s hard work has definitely been recognized by the Ole Miss Rebels. In his second season, Kiffin has put his team in position to compete in a New Year’s Six bowl. The Rebels are 10-2 and were a perfect 7-0 at home. On top of that, Ole Miss got a huge road rivalry win against Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl. Kiffin has accomplished a lot. And because of that, the Rebels are giving him a contract extension. Coaching news: Lane Kiffin has a new contract at Ole Miss, per release. — Theo DeRosa (@Theo_DeRosa) December 5, 2021 The Rebels announced Kiffin’s new contract extension Saturday evening as the SEC Championship Game came to a close. The new deal should be more than enough to keep other teams from swooping in and stealing Kiffin away. ???????????? The ???????????????????? continues. ???? https://t.co/wbrhlCTvGQ pic.twitter.com/YNJGYqI1LH — Ole Miss Football (@OleMissFB) December 5, 2021 Lane Kiffin contract extension: Ole Miss football...
    Ole Miss football coach Lane Kiffin is sticking with the Rebels. The program announced Saturday night that the Rebels and Kiffin have agreed to a contract extension after completing a 10-2 regular season. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Salary details weren’t released, but you can bet Kiffin is getting a nice chunk of change to stick around in Oxford.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Ole Miss Football (@olemissfb) This is a great move by the Rebels. Kiffin is a hell of a coach, an offensive genius and he just put together one hell of an impressive season. Solid coaches at the college level are rare. When you find one, you do whatever is necessary to lock them up.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Ole Miss Football (@olemissfb) After going 10-2 in his second year with the Rebels, the school has clearly seen enough to commit to him for the foreseeable future. Seeing as how passionate Ole Miss fans are...
    Georgia DOT continues essential road work throughout Southeast Georgia.  As a result, work on construction and maintenance projects will continue Saturday, December 4 through Friday, December 10. All work subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are cautioned to reduce their speed while traveling thru work zones, pay attention and watch for workers. Traffic interruptions are listed below by interstates, categories, and counties. Interstate 16 Interruptions Bulloch, Bryan, Effingham and Chatham Counties SR67 to I-95                       Lane closures 7pm until 6 am, Monday, Dec.6 through Saturday Dec. 11 Milepost (MP)152 to 157 pavement markings     Interstate 516 Interruptions Chatham County From Mildred St. to Railroad Bridge                   Shoulder Paving and Grinding Operations Nightly Lane Closures Monday, Dec 6 through Friday, Dec. 10     Bridge & Road Closures with Detours Screven County Beaverdam Creek @ Hilltonia-Perkins RD         Road Closure for the bridge replacement project Expected reopening: December 2021 Detour Route Waynesboro Hwy (Hwy 24), Bascom Rd   Charlton County  Paxton Rd between Dixie Lake Rd & Marshall Crews...
    A Chinese nuclear-powered submarine travelling through the Taiwan Strait has sparked fears of open conflict breaking out amid soaring tensions over Beijing's aggression towards the democratically-ruled island.   Submarine expert H.I. Sutton identified the vessel as a surfacing Chinese Type-94 ballistic missile submarine in a satellite image taken on Monday. The warship was cruising in the 110-mile wide channel between mainland China and Taiwan - one of the world's busiest shipping lanes - and more frequently a staging ground for global powers to showcase their military prowess in the ferociously contested South China Sea.   President Xi Jinping claims it is only a matter of time before Taiwan is ruled by Beijing, while the West backs its independence from the Communist regime. The reason for the sub's appearance in the strait is unknown but some analysts were surprised to see it on the surface. The Type-94 nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine was spotted in a satellite image taken on Monday A nuclear-powered Type 094A Jin-class ballistic missile submarine of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy is seen during a military display in...
    A 1-year-old girl was killed Thursday morning and two adults were seriously injured in a multiple-vehicle pileup on the freeway near Davis. The crash occurred just after 4 a.m. on eastbound Interstate 80 west of Richards Boulevard. Robert Williams, 42, was driving his Toyota Avalon when he struck the guard rail in the center divider, the California Highway Patrol said. The vehicle was disabled and blocked the lane next to the fast lane, an official said, when an approaching International Box Truck struck the Avalon. A Toyota Tacoma approaching in the fast lane next struck the same vehicle. The baby, a passenger in the Avalon, was ejected from the vehicle and died, officials said. Williams, 42, the Avalon driver, suffered major injuries and was transported to Kaiser Permanente Vacaville Medical Center. His condition was unavailable at press time. Related Articles 4 murder charges in wrong-way crash on I-80 in Sierra Nevada Two teens in car that killed Fresno State student in hit-and-run, CHP says Watsonville: Driver killed when he hits loose trailer ...
    A big weekend closure is planned for the southbound Beltway in Virginia with lots of full stops overnight on I-66. A new bridge project will reduce lanes on popular commuter route in Frederick, Md. The I-295/DC-295 Corridor Project continues with closures through the weekend. Here’s what you need to know if you’re hitting the road in the D.C. region this weekend. Roadwork Maryland In Frederick, The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration (MDOT SHA) will begin a new project starting at 7 a.m. on Friday to rehabilitate the bridge on northbound US 15 (Catoctin Mountain Highway) over MD 77 (West Main Street) and Hunting Creek in Thurmont. This bridge rehabilitation project will reduce the number of travel lanes from two to one for the next six to eight weeks. They are currently in phase two of this work replacing the original 1957 structure. More information about this project can be found online. Photo of the US-15 bridge reconstruction. (Courtesy MDOT SHA) Motorists in Frederick should also be advised, the lane expansion project on southbound I-270 between MD-121 Clarksburg Road...
    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The federal civil rights trial of the four former Minneapolis police officers indicted in the killing of George Floyd is on track to begin in January, according to a judge’s letter. U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson earlier this month mailed out jury questionnaires ordering prospective jurors in the case to report to the courthouse on Jan. 20. The trial of Derek Chauvin, J. Alexander Kueng, Tou Thao and Thomas Lane will run through mid-February, according to a copy of the summons packet obtained by the Star Tribune. A federal grand jury in May indicted Chauvin, Lane, Kueng and Thao for allegedly depriving Floyd of his rights while acting under government authority. The 46-year-old Floyd was held face-down, handcuffed and not resisting in a restraint. The arrest was captured on bystander video and sparked protests in the Twin Cities and elsewhere. Chauvin was convicted in state court in April of murder and manslaughter. Some issues are still lingering ahead of the trial, including a magistrate judge’s ruling that the four officers should be tried together. Attorneys for...
    A judge ruled Monday that the four ex-Minneapolis police officers facing federal charges for allegedly infringing on George Floyd’s civil rights will face trial together.  U.S. Magistrate Judge Tony Leung denied a motion from the lawyers representing J. Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane, and Tou Thao to keep the proceedings separate, citing "the significant overlap and interplay of the charges against them."  DEREK CHAUVIN HIRES NEW LAWYER TO APPEAL CONVICTION IN MURDER OF GEORGE FLOYD  Derek Chauvin, who was videoed kneeling on the upper back and neck of George Floyd on May 25, 2020 in Minneapolis while Floyd was handcuffed and faced down, was already convicted of murder in state court and sentenced to 22 ½ years behind bars back in June.  FILE - This combination of photos provided by the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office in Minnesota on Wednesday, June 3, 2020, shows from left, former Minneapolis police officers Derek Chauvin, J. Alexander Kueng, Thomas Lane and Tou Thao. The former Minneapolis police officers charged with violating George Floyd's civil rights are scheduled to be arraigned in federal court Tuesday,...
    LIVE and Let Die star Tommy Lane has died at 83 following a lengthy battle with a chronic disease. The star died on Monday at Florida Medical Center in Fort Lauderdale, his daughter said. 1Tommy Lane [right] passed awayCredit: AF archive / Alamy Stock Photo Lane was best known for his appearances in Live and Let Die, as well as Shaft. He played the role of a gangster named Leroy in 1971's Shift, where he was employed by Harlem crime boss Bumpy and later fell out of an office to his death. "That’s some cold s**t, throwing my man Leroy out the window. Just picked my man up and threw him out the goddamn window," Bumpy's associate Willy said in the movie. He also appeared in other films, including Shamus, The Pilot and Eureka. Most read in NewsPRES & PAEDO Trump, Andrew & Clinton all flew on Epstein jet, pilot tells Ghislaine trialROADRUNNER Shock moment passenger tries to WAVE down plane at LAX before cops tackle herExclusiveLASHING OUT NFL star 'hit ex while she was holding baby' weeks before attack...
    A 62-year-old woman was allegedly intoxicated when she was stopped by officers speeding and swerving in and out of her lane in Fairfield County, police said. In New Canaan, an officer on patrol shortly before 9:45 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 26 reported that he saw a vehicle traveling north on Smith Ridge Road “at an unreasonable speed and failing to stay in the proper lane," according to New Canaan PD Lieutenant Jason Ferraro. During the subsequent stop, police said that it was determined the driver, New Canaan resident Mindy Tarlow was allegedly showing signs of impairment, and she was taken into custody. Tarlow was charged with the illegal operation of a motor vehicle under alcohol or drugs and cited for failure to stay in the right lane. She was released on a $250 bond and scheduled to return to court in January to respond to the charge.
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The four officers who are federally charged in the death of George Floyd will be tried together, after a motion was denied to sever three of the officers from Derek Chauvin, who has already been convicted of murder in Floyd’s death. A federal grand jury indicted Chauvin, Kueng, Thao and Lane in May, alleging they violated Floyd’s rights while acting under government authority as Floyd was restrained face-down, handcuffed and not resisting. READ MORE: Dave Chappelle's George Floyd-Inspired '8:46' Nominated For GrammyIn August, attorneys for J. Kueng and Tou Thao argued that their clients would be unfairly prejudiced if they went to trial alongside Chauvin. An attorney for Thomas Lane filed a motion asking to join in his co-defendants’ request. Keung’s attorney, Tom Plunkett, said evidence against Chauvin would confuse the jury and deprive Kueng of his right to a fair trial. He also said there is a conflict of interest due to Chauvin’s level of culpability in Floyd’s death, saying “the jurors will not be able to follow the Court’s instructions and compartmentalize the evidence as...
    Two Potomac, Maryland, residents are displaced after a fire tore through their home’s roof Monday afternoon, causing nearly $1 million in overall damages. Montgomery County firefighters were called to a residence on the 9000 block of Holly Leaf Lane around 4 p.m. Monday after the homeowners and a passerby saw flames spreading on the roof, near the chimney. More Montgomery County News An investigation revealed the fireplace had been lit since earlier that afternoon. The residents discovered their roof was burning after hearing a noise, and evacuated to safety. ICYMI ~4P Holly Leaf Lane, Potomac, @mcfrs units arrived on scene & fire involved the roof of a large home, all occupants got out, the fire is under control pic.twitter.com/l245vwXH41 — Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) November 29, 2021 Someone nearby noticed the fire and dialed 911. About 65 firefighters responded to the scene, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer said. There were no injuries. Property damage is estimated at over $900,000.
    Weather permitting, Georgia Department of Transportation (Georgia DOT) construction partners will close the ramp and interstate lanes at the location below for the [email protected] Improvement Projects, which will widen I-16 and reconstruct the I-16/I-95 Interchange. The lane and ramp closures are necessary for work on the new I-16/I-95 Interchange bridges, widening activities for I-16, and bridge work at the I-16/I-516 Interchange. *NOTES: Detour information is shown using red text. Daytime Closures Tuesday, November 30, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Intermittent right and left lane closures at the following locations I-16 westbound from Dean Forest Road (MP 160) to the I-16/I-95 Interchange (MP 157) I-516 westbound at the I-16 Interchange from MP 5 to MP 6 Tuesday, November 30, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Intermittent right and left lane closures at the following locations I-16 eastbound from the I-16/I-95 Interchange (MP 157) to Dean Forest Road (MP 160) I-516 eastbound at the I-16 Interchange from MP 6 to MP 5 Wednesday, December 1, 8 a.m. to 3...
    Your chances of winning this raffle are probably as good as finding a Ford Bronco to buy. Tickets to win a new Bronco SUV being offered through a charity sweepstakes aimed at raising money for Henry Ford's historic Fair Lane estate museum in Michigan are available as a two-for-one deal through Cyber Monday. A $25 donation now gets you 40 tickets instead of 20, and several tiers improve the deal up to a total of 8,000 tickets for $2,000. The truck is a Bronco Big Bend customized by racer Vaughn Gittin Jr's. RTR and equipped with the outfit's signature off-road accessories plus unique interior trim that includes a plan of the Fair Lane estate on the dashboard, leather upholstery inspired by the home's billiard room, a wood shifter inlay that uses walnut from the estate and a copper dash plaque made from metal borrowed from the home's roof. The sweepstakes runs through December 20 and a winner will be drawn the same day. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP The Bronco is currently one of the fastest-selling vehicles...
    Lane Kiffin wants you to look at this photograph and connect the dots to the LSU football job. Either Lane Kiffin is the next head coach of the LSU football team or he is a massive internet troll. Days removed from winning the Egg Bowl in Starkville, the Ole Miss head coach is enjoying some time off before the 10-2 Rebels get ready for their New Year’s Six bowl. However, his latest photography skills suggest he is Calling Baton Rouge. He may have friends in low places, but is Kiffin really about to leave Ole Miss for SEC West rival LSU after only two seasons on the job? Is it even legal to take pictures of somebody’s license plate? Never change, Lane. Never change. pic.twitter.com/iUkKYw0Ba4 — Lane Kiffin (@Lane_Kiffin) November 28, 2021 LSU football rumors: Lane Kiffin tweets/trolls America about the vacancy In his one of a kind, multi-decade coaching career, the only thing one can say about Kiffin is he is unpredictable. Whether it is spurning Rocky Top after a season, to being the central figure in tarmac-ing becoming a...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A New York State Police trooper was struck by a vehicle after they were involved in a shooting Sunday on the RFK Bridge. It happened just before 1 p.m. READ MORE: Dr. Fauci Says He 'Would Not Be Surprised' If Omicron COVID Variant Is Already In USThe trooper suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital. READ MORE: Nassau Police: Emya Johnson, 15, Reported Missing From Syosset After Visiting Family In The BronxOne lane of the bridge remains closed. MORE NEWS: 2 Passengers Ejected From Car, Killed In North New Hyde Park CrashThis is a developing story. Stay with CBS2 and CBSNewYork.com for updates.
    A fire tore through a shed early Sunday morning in Levittown, firefighters said. The Bristol Township Fire Marshall was investigating the cause of the blaze that ripped through the shed on Heather Lane just after 7 a.m., local firefighters said. Arriving units found 15x20-foot shed was consumed by flames, which apparently extended to another shed in the backyard of a Hawthorne Lane home, firefighters said. The fire was placed under control within 30 minutes. The cause was under investigation.
    RYE BROOK, N.Y. — A property at 73 Greenway Lane in Rye Brook is listed at $558,000. Check out the details of this listing: Type: Property MLS ID: H6067191 1570 Square Feet 0.03 acres Built in 1979 3 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom 1 Half Bath Estimated Taxes: $13,927 School District: Blind Brook-Rye Copyright 2020 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. See More Info About this Listing Douglas Elliman - Scarsdale Tel: 914-723-6800 26 Popham Road, Scarsdale, NY 10583 Elliman.com Property Search Market Reports Elliman Magazine Follow Us On Facebook See More Info About this Listing Daily Voice publishes this article as part of a paid Content Partnership with the advertiser, Douglas Elliman Real Estate To learn more about Content Partnerships, click here. Share this story Share this story Share Tweet More Email Most Popular Brian Laundrie Cause Of Death Released These Two...
    SKOKIE, Ill. (CBS) — A lane was shut down on the northbound Edens Expressway near Old Orchard Road late Friday after a crash that left one person injured. Illinois State Police said they were called at 5:35 p.m. for a three-vehicle crash at the site. One person was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries, state police said. The third northbound lane of the Edens near Old Orchard Road was closed for investigation. Further information was not available.
    MARKHAM, Ill. (CBS) — One lane of southbound Interstate 57 was shut down in the southern suburbs late Friday due to a shooting. Illinois State Police said one person suffered minor injuries due to gunfire on I-57 at 159th Street, but refused medical treatment at the scene. The southbound right lane of the expressway was shut down for investigation at 4:35 p.m. Further details were not immediately available.
    Ole Miss football coach Lane Kiffin fanned the flames of the school’s rivalry with Mississippi State on Thanksgiving after the Rebels won the Egg Bowl 31-21. Kiffin specifically took issue with the cowbells that Mississippi State fans use to cause a distraction for the opposing team. Kiffin was on the receiving end of some of the taunts but at the end of the game he made clear the game was over but admitted some regret to his celebration. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM Mississippi coach Lane Kiffin calls out to players during the second half of the team's NCAA college football game against Mississippi State, Thursday, Nov. 25, 2021, in Starkville, Mississippi. Mississippi won 31-21.  (AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis) "Yeah, I probably shouldn’t have done that. I get it now. It was different to come in here with Alabama. There are a lot of things said to you on the way out. Their players say a lot of things during the game. It gets emotional and it gets competitive. I did kind of get caught up...
    Five people, including an alleged Uber driver, have been charged with driving while intoxicated overnight during an enforcement detail on Long Island. The arrests were made Wednesday night, Nov. 24 into Thursday morning, Nov. 25 by Suffolk County Sheriff’s Office deputies. "The night before Thanksgiving is historically a night where college students are home and get together with old friends," said Suffolk County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Paul Spinella. "Sheriff Errol D. Toulon, Jr. has recently taken to social media to remind residents, young and old, to drink responsibly and have a designated driver or call for a ride if you have been drinking.  "Unfortunately, one of those arrested last night included a driver who claimed to work for Uber on his way to pick up someone who was doing the right thing and calling for a ride." Ezio Casimirri Jr., age 46, of Bellport, was stopped for speeding -- traveling at approximatelyy 80 miles per hour -- on Nicolls Road north of Greenbelt Parkway, Spinella said. He reported to the deputy that he was a driver for Uber and was on his way...
    GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Although the Colorado Department of Transportation had hoped to have Interstate 70 in Glenwood Canyon fully back open by Thanksgiving following destructive summer mudslides, a lane closure remains in place this week. The canyon repairs from the mudslides are continuing in one stretch east of Glenwood Springs. Work is being done at a culvert location at Mile Point 123.5/Blue Gulch. The westbound lanes are fully open through the canyon now, but in one section the eastbound traffic is reduced to lane. Several mud and debris flows in Glenwood Canyon happened during heavy rainstorms over the summer. The mudslides were a result of the Grizzly Creek Fire, which burned up and down the canyon walls, destroying large sections of vegetation, in 2020. The interstate was fully closed for the first half of August and a limited reopening after that had traffic traveling on one lane in each direction. This week CDOT announced both westbound lanes are back open. LINK: CDOT Glenwood Canyon Emergency Repairs Information Page Starting next week a helicopter will be used to do...