Thursday, Aug 11, 2022 - 08:18:55
19 results - (0.000 seconds)

Flores alleged:

latest news at page 1:
1
    (CNN)NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to face questions at a news conference Wednesday afternoon over what the league is doing to ensure head coaching opportunities for Black and minority candidates. The briefing follows a federal class-action lawsuit filed last week by former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores, who is suing the league along with three NFL franchises for alleged racial discrimination.Flores and other critics of the NFL are calling into question the effectiveness of the Rooney Rule, which was adopted in 2003 and at the time mandated teams conduct at least one head coaching interview with a minority candidate. No one expected Brian Flores to disrupt the NFL like this. But thats exactly what he didGoodell, who has headed the NFL since 2006, regularly participates in his "State of the League" address leading up to the Super Bowl, but Wednesday will not be the first time he has had to speak on team hiring practices. At last year's news conference preceding Super Bowl LV, Goodell noted minority coaches were selected for two of the seven available head...
    More than 24 hours after former Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores’ class-action lawsuit over racial inequalities for Black coaches in the NFL was filed, news broke on Wednesday night that the NFL will investigate Flores’ damning claim against Dolphins owner Steve Ross. An investigation will begin into Ross’ actions of allegedly offering Flores $100,000 per loss in the 2019 season in order to tank for a higher draft, according to ESPN. The report also said that other potential rules violations will be investigated. News of an investigation by the league came shortly after an NFL Network report said there were witnesses that could back up Flores’ allegation. Flores spent Wednesday morning doing rounds of interviews from CBS to CNN and ESPN, explaining his perspective on the lawsuit and his allegations. Of the Ross claim Flores said: “To attack the integrity of the game, that’s what I felt was happening in that instance, and I wouldn’t stand for it. I think it hurt my standing within the organization and, ultimately, was the reason why I was...
    BOSTON (CBS) – Former Miami Dolphins head coach and former Patriots assistant Brian Flores said in an exclusive interview with CBS Mornings that he knew when filing a lawsuit against the NFL and New York Giants alleging racism that he was putting his professional future on the line. But Flores said “this is much bigger than coaching.” Flores filed the lawsuit Tuesday, including text messages from Bill Belichick congratulating him for landing the Giants job on Jan. 24. That text was sent two days prior to Flores actually interviewing for the job. Belichick admitted he had texted the wrong Brian. The texts were intended for Brian Daboll, who was hired for the Giants job. “It was a range of emotions. Humiliation, disbelief, anger. I’ve worked so hard to get to where I am in football to become a head coach. Put 18 years in this league. To go on what felt like a sham interview, I was hurt,” Flores told CBS Mornings. The NFL released a statement after news of the lawsuit broke, dismissing all of Flores’ claims as being...
    Getty Bill Belichick The New England Patriots‘ Bill Belichick has gone from not being named in Tom Brady’s retirement post to having his name come up in a much less honorable piece of news. Patriots former assistant Brian Flores started a class-action lawsuit against the NFL, the Miami Dolphins, New York Giants and Denver Broncos alleging discrimination regarding to race in their interviewing process. Flores and his attorneys circulated a 58-page lawsuit which included an alleged text message from Belichick to Flores. In the text, Belichick appears to prematurely congratulate Flores on landing the New York Giants head-coaching job. Only, Belichick was seemingly mistaken and the Giants were going to hire another of his former assistants, Brian Daboll, who had been the offensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills. Essentially, if this is true, Belichick texted the wrong person with inside info. Here is a screenshot of the alleged conversation between Flores and Belichick, per Rob Wu of Fox 26 in Houston, Texas: Wow. In the lawsuit Brian Flores said he learned Brian Daboll got the Giants job before...
    The lawsuit was filed against the Giants, the Broncos, and the Dolphins in addition to the NFL. The league responded to the lawsuit in a statement denying the allegations. "The NFL and our clubs are deeply committed to ensuring equitable employment practices and continue to make progress in providing equitable opportunities throughout our organizations," read the statement. "Diversity is core to everything we do, and there are few issues on which our clubs and our internal leadership team spend more time. We will defend against these claims, which are without merit," the statement concluded. The Dolphins team also released a statement denying the claims. "We are aware of the lawsuit through the media reports that came out this afternoon. We vehemently deny any allegations of racial discrimination and are proud of the diversity and inclusion throughout our organization," read their statement. "The implication that we acted in a manner inconsistent with the integrity of the game is incorrect," the team concluded. "We will be withholding further comment on the lawsuit at this time."...
    Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores filed a class-action lawsuit against the team, NFL, and New York Giants for alleged racial discrimination on Tuesday. "In making the decision to file the class action complaint today, I understand that I may be risking coaching the game that I love and that has done so much for my family and me," Flores said in a statement. "My sincere hope is that by standing up against systematic racism in the NFL, others will join me to ensure that positive change is made for generations to come." CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM Flores claimed that he interviewed for the Giants head coaching position, however, the team already hired former Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll for the job three days before Flores was scheduled to interview with the team. Flores said that the Giants interview process was a "sham" and he was "humiliated." Head coach Brian Flores of the Miami Dolphins on the sidelines in the game against the Indianapolis Colts at Hard Rock Stadium on October 03, 2021...
    Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores has filed a lawsuit against the NFL and the New York Giants, alleging racial discrimination.The class action lawsuit was filed on Tuesday, on behalf of Flores and a group of others, alleging that the "the National Football League has a painful history of racism that continues through the present day - particularly when it comes to the hiring and retention of Black Head Coaches."Flores released a statement regarding the lawsuit:"God has gifted me with a special talent to coach the game of football, but the need for change is bigger than my personal goals. In making the decision to file the class action complaint today, I understand that I may be risking coaching the game that I love and that has done so much for my family and me. My sincere hope is that by standing up against systemic racism in the NFL, others will join me to ensure that positive change is made for generations to come," Flores said.The former Dolphins head coach and Brooklyn native was surprisingly fired by the team...
    A California man and his father pleaded not guilty Wednesday to the murder of Kristin Smart, a 19-year-old student who disappeared from her college campus 25 years ago. Paul Flores, 44, and his 80-year-old father Ruben Flores entered the pleas during a pre-trial arraignment in San Luis Obispo Superior Court. BRIAN LAUNDRIE MANHUNT: GABBY PETITO, KRISTIN SMART PARALLELS ON SOCIAL MEDIA Paul Flores pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in connection with Smart’s suspected death in 1996 after an off-campus party at the California Polytechnic State University campus in San Luis Obispo.  Ruben Flores pleaded not guilty to being an accessory to murder. Authorities allege the elder Flores helped dispose of Smart’s body, which has never been found. Paul Flores, left, is charged with first-degree murder in connection to the suspected death of 19-year-old Kristin Smart. Ruben Flores, right, is charged with accessory after the fact. Prosecutors allege the elder Flores helped dispose of Smart's body, which has never been located. (Courtesy | San Luis Obispo County Jail.) While Superior Court Judge Craig van Rooyen set a trial date...
    THE man accused of murdering college student Kristin Smart back in 1996 allegedly kept a cache of videos featuring him date-raping women. Paul Flores, 44, was arrested on April 13 and charged in the murder of Kristen Smart. 7Kristin Smart vanished on her way home from a party in May 1996Credit: Reuters 7Paul Flores, 44, is charged with murdering the missing California Polytechnic State University freshmanCredit: AP 7Investigators discovered alleged date rape videos and drugs after performing a search of Paul Flores's San Pedro, California home back in MarchCredit: AP But back on Feb. 4, 2020, investigators performed a search of Flores’ San Pedro, California home and seized several electronic devices —  including a hard drive containing a folder labeled “Practice,” newly unsealed court documents show. They allege the file was loaded with a batch of homemade videos with Flores sodomizing drugged women and they also claimed to find a stash of “date rape” drugs he allegedly used to commit the acts, according to papers filed by San Luis Obispo Deputy District Attorney Christopher Peuvrelle on Wednesday and first reported...
    Kendall Jenner has reportedly been granted a temporary restraining order from another alleged stalker — this time from a person who recently tried to get onto her property. The 25-year-old Victoria’s Secret model filed for legal protection from a 23-year-old man named Isais Noe Flores, who is accused of scaling a barbed wired fence around her home to try and gain access to where she lives, TMZ reported Monday. Kendall Jenner has ANOTHER stalker scare after an intruder jumped the wall to her gated community https://t.co/mPz4vn4rLh — Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) June 15, 2021 The “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” star claimed in court documents obtained by the outlet that Flores is obsessed with her and has reportedly also “stalked” her several times since 2018 by showing up to her Los Angeles home, sending her gifts and professing his love. (RELATED: REPORT: Kim Kardashian Granted Temporary Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker) After Flores’ recent attempt, he was taken into custody and spent 10 hours behind bars charged with misdemeanor trespassing, Page Six noted. She is due back in court July...
    The man suspected of murdering college student Kristin Smart, who disappeared in 1996, was a DNA match in an alleged rape case roughly a decade later, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday. Police investigating an alleged 2007 rape in Redondo Beach, California, got a match on DNA evidence from the victim a few years later — the DNA allegedly belonged to Paul Flores, 44.  UPDATE: Paul Flores was investigated in 2012 for the alleged rape of a woman in Redondo Beach, according to @NBCNews. A police report showed that Paul’s DNA matched the sample from the woman’s rape kit she had done at a hospital the next day. The case was never prosecuted — Megan Healy (@MeganHealyTV) April 23, 2021 Flores was the last person to see California Polytechnic San Luis Obispo student Kristin Smart alive over Memorial Day weekend nearly 25 years ago and was charged in April with murdering her after attempting to rape her. His father, Ruben Flores, 80, was charged with being an accessory after the fact and was accused by Smart’s parents of helping...
    The man charged with murdering Kristin Smart nearly 25 years ago was accused of sexually assault in three separate cases, including one in which his DNA matched a rape kit sample, in the years after the California college student vanished.  Paul Flores, now 44, has never been arrested or charged in relation to the three separate alleged sexual assaults that authorities say occurred between 2007 and 2017 in Los Angeles.  Flores, who has long been a suspect in Smart's 1996 disappearance but was only arrested on April 13, has pleaded not guilty to killing her during an attempted rape in his California Polytechnic State University dorm room. His father Ruben Flores, 80, has pleaded not guilty to a charge of accessory after the murder for hiding Smart's body.  It has since emerged that Flores has been investigated for three alleged sexual assaults in the years after he is accused of killing Smart, including two in Los Angeles and one in Redondo Beach, according to court documents and police memos obtained by the LA Times. Paul Flores, now 44, has long been a...
    Chris Lambert would like to get back to making music but he can’t seem to stop chasing a ghost that has haunted him for nearly 25 years. A billboard on the side of the road on California’s Central Coast led him on a detour three years ago from his career as a singer-songwriter and recording engineer. He created a podcast about the 1996 disappearance of college freshman Kristin Smart and it’s taken over his life. “I can’t step away from it for more than a few days,” Lambert said. “I just get sucked right back in because I want to be resolving things.” It was an unlikely turn for someone who refers to himself as a shy, “random boy with a beard” and it has produced results he never imagined. On Tuesday, as San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Ian Parkinson announced arrests, he credited Lambert with helping draw worldwide attention to the case and bringing forward several key witnesses. The longtime suspect, Paul Flores, and Smart were fellow freshmen at the California Polytechnic State University campus in San Luis Obispo....
    Originally Published by: California murderer accused of killing another woman weeks after probation ended LA mountain biker dangles from side of cliff, is rescued by helicopter NYC murder suspect mistakenly released more than a month ago finally caught again Murders in Los Angeles up nearly 200%, violent crime rising at rapid pace, sheriffs statistics show Chris Lambert would like to get back to making music but he can’t seem to stop chasing a ghost that has haunted him for nearly 25 years. A billboard on the side of the road on California’s Central Coast led him on a detour three years ago from his career as a singer-songwriter and recording engineer. He created a podcast about the 1996 disappearance of college freshman Kristin Smart and it’s taken over his life. “I can’t step away from it for more than a few days,” Lambert said. “I just get sucked right back in because I want to be resolving things.” It was an unlikely turn for someone who refers to himself...
    SILVER SPRING, Md. (WJZ) — Five alleged members of a MS-13 gang were charged in a violent racketeering conspiracy. A federal grand jury returned an eleventh superseding indictment Monday, charging five men from Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey, allegedly linked to La Mara Salvatrucha or MS-13, with conspiracy to participate in a racketeering enterprise. Authorities said the men were allegedly involved with at least eight murders and four attempted murders and drug trafficking. The 10-count indictment named the following men as defendants: 23-year-old Junior Noe Alvarado-Requeno, a/k/a “Insolente” and “Trankilo” of Landover, 38-year-old Jairo Arnaldo Jacome, a/k/a “Abuelo” of Langley Park, 20-year-old Brayan Alexander Contreras-Avalos, a/k/a “Anonimo,” “Malia,” and “Humilde” of Silver Spring, 39-year-old Luis Arnoldo Flores-Reyes, a/k/a “Maloso” and “Lobo” of Arlington, Virginia and 38-year-old Miguel Angel Corea Diaz, a/k/a “Reaper” of Long Branch, New Jersey. Jacome was a member of the Langley Park Salvatrucha Clique of MS-13 and all of the other defendants were members of the Sailors Clique of MS-13. According to the indictment, federal agents allege that the defendants engaged in a racketeering conspiracy that included extortion,...
    DENTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A man accused of assaulting a family member was arrested early Saturday after an hours-long standoff at a home in Denton, police said. Police said they responded to the incident at around 10 p.m. Friday in the 3200 block fo Bob-O-Link Lane. The 911 caller reported a suspect with a gun and the assault. Responding officers learned the suspect, who was later identified as 30-year-old Andres Flores, had barricaded himself inside a vehicle that was parked in the backyard of the home. Police said negotiators and the SWAT team were called to the scene. After about six hours, the suspect surrendered and was taken into custody without further incident. Flores was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Police said a gun was found inside the vehicle he was in.
1