Thursday, Aug 18, 2022 - 11:00:49
11 results - (0.005 seconds)

reports of a fight:

latest news at page 1:
1
    Ukrainian state media, citing Reuters and Japan’s Mainichi Shimbun, appeared to endorse reports on Wednesday of as many as 70 Japanese nationals applying to join the ongoing war against Russia in Ukraine. Japan does not have an official military but, due to the outcome of World War II, maintains “Self-Defense Forces” (SDF). The Mainichi report claimed that most of the volunteers had SDF experience. Japan and Russia are technically at war – though without engaging in active hostilities for decades – since the countries did not sign a peace treaty following the end of World War II. Blocking the signing of a peace negotiation is the failure to reach an agreement over who owns the Kuril Islands northeast of Japan’s largest island, Hokkaido. Russian leader Vladimir Putin announced a “special operation” last week to eradicate the democratically elected government of Ukraine, accusing Jewish President Volodymyr Zelensky of leading a “Nazi” regime that the newly-recognized “republics” of Donetsk and Luhansk, regions of eastern Ukraine, had requested assistance fighting. Among several dramatic measures taken by Zelensky that include the mass distribution of firearms to civilians...
    At least 30 people, including eight inmates and two sheriff's deputies, have reportedly been injured in a possible prison riot in Southern California. First responders were called to the Pitchess Detention Center in Castaic after receiving reports of a riot that left more than two dozen injured, according to The Signal of Santa Clarita Valley. Los Angeles County Fire Department received the call about a possible riot at 3:11pm. A spokesperson for the LACFD said the incident was described as a ‘large fight.’ No information is available as to the extent of the injuries. First responders were called to the Pitchess Detention Center in Castaic after receiving reports of a riot that left more than two dozen injured Los Angeles County Fire Department received the call about a possible riot at 3:11pm. A spokesperson for the LACFD said the incident was described as a ‘large fight.’ The file photo above shows the entrance to the prison in Castaic, which lies about 40 miles northwest of Los Angeles RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next ...
    VACAVILLE (CBS13) – A Vacaville teen on the autism spectrum was punched in the face by a police officer Wednesday after reports the boy was involved in a fight with a deadly weapon, police said. Preston Wolf’s dad said he was being picked on and picked up a metal object to defend himself. The altercation was broken up by a good Samaritan. READ MORE: Researchers: ‘Solar Canals In California Could Save Water, Fight For Climate Change Preston is the most popular kid in his neighborhood. He likes to catch lizards in a nearby creek, hanging out with friends and loves to ride his scooter – which is what he was doing when he was attacked by a police officer. The teen’s father is now concerned his son will never trust cops again. “It seemed to have unfolded in a matter of 60 seconds or less,” said Preston’s father, Adam Wolf. The officer confused Preston with a suspect he had been searching for and forced him to the ground. “The officer got out, shouting commands, told him to sit down,” Adam...
    Former world champion Jessie Vargas will not return to action on May 8 on the undercard of Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders at the AT&T Stadium. He has postponed his comeback and has claimed of searching for an even bigger opponent. The 31-year-old has remained inactive for over a year since his defeat against Mikey Garcia. However, he has also notified the fans about being in a good shape and has reportedly undergone a half training camp. Jessie Vargas connected with Boxing Scene and revealed why he had to shift his return date from the undercard of Alvarez vs Saunders. “The fight is off. My promoter and advisers (Guadalupe Valencia and Al Haymon) are looking for a bigger fight,” said Vargas. He added, “The thing is I have been looking great with my sparring in camp. Better than ever before. People will see me differently in my comeback in a positive way. I’m taking it to another level.” Despite being 29-3-2 as a pro, Vargas has choked in the biggest fights of his career. He is an elite...
    The Weeknd has donated $1million to United Nations World Food Programme to help fight famine in Ethiopia. The Grammy-winner said he was heartbroken about what's happening African nation, amid reports of ethnic cleansing and the displacement of over 2million people in the Tigray region of the country, per New York Times. 'My heart breaks for my people of Ethiopia as innocent civilians ranging from small children to the elderly are being senselessly murdered and entire villages are being displaced out of fear and destruction,' he wrote. 'I will be donating $1 million to provide 2 million meals through the United Nations World Food Programme and encourage those who can to please give as well,' The Weeknd, birth name Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, went on. The Blinding Lights singer's parents are both from Ethiopia and he grew up speaking Amharic, the official language of the country. Generous: The Weeknd has donated $1million to United Nations World Food Programme to help fight famine in Ethiopia. He's seen at February's Super Bowl above
    CNN’s Kaitlan Collins reported Monday that people around President Donald Trump and his legal team see the writing on the wall and know that their election fight is coming to a close. The Trump legal team has been hit with loss after loss in courts, including from judges appointed by President Donald Trump, and it’s very close now to what’s known as the safe harbor deadline on December 8th before the final vote from electors on the 14th. Collins joined Jake Tapper Monday and said the Trump campaign may publicly deny that their efforts are winding down, “if you look at what’s happening and you’re talking to sources, as I’ve done, that are around the campaign and around the president’s legal team, they see that this is coming to an end, that they are reaching the end of the road here.” Collins pointed to the 40+ court losses from the Trump legal team and his allies, and they “ave a few deadlines coming up that they don’t believe are going to work in their favor.” “So putting that all...
    The top health official in Illinois broke down in tears as she announced the state's latest coronavirus numbers and pleaded with residents to remain vigilant in their efforts to slow the pandemic.   'I want to say happy Friday, but I understand the mental, the social and the emotional toll that this pandemic continues to have on people,' Illinois Department of Public Health Department Director Dr Ngozi Ezike said at the top of Friday's virus briefing, her voice quaking with emotion.   'Yesterday we lost an additional 31 lives, for a total of 9,418 deaths,' she said.  'These are people who started with us in 2020 and won't be with us at the Thanksgiving table. 'To date, we are reporting 3,874 new cases, for a total of 364,033 confirmed cases, since the start of this pandemic.'  Ezike then excused herself and turned away from the podium to wipe away tears before continuing her remarks.   The emotional briefing came as coronavirus infections are surging in nearly 80 percent of US states and territories and the nation set a single-day record for new COVID-19...
    Claudia Gadelha out of UFC 253 (Reports) By: Daniel Cunningham September 1, 2020 ShareTweet0 SharesOne of the more anticipated matchups in the UFC‘s strawweight division for the fall has been cancelled. Per Combate and MMA Fighting, Claudia Gadelha (18-4) has been forced to withdrawal from her UFC 253 matchup against Yan Xiaonan (12-1-1). Gadelha was riding a two fight winning streak going into UFC 253. The former title challenger was looking to make it three in a row inside the octagon. Gadehla is trying to climb the latter towards another shot at the gold. This is the second time Gadelha has had to deal with a knee injury. Knee injury forces Claudia Gadelha out of UFC 253 fight with Yan Xiaonan (@guicruzzz) https://t.co/8R4pKDVcA2 pic.twitter.com/LK1XTG2wAS — MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) September 1, 2020 UFC’s Next Steps This is tough news for the tenth ranked fighter in the strawweight division, Xiaonan. She has gone 5-0 since joining the UFC with wins over Angela Hill and Karolina Kowalkiewicz. A win over Gadeha would be the...
    U.S. says foreign students may have to leave if their school goes online-only Auto dealers, restaurants with ties to lawmakers were among the firms that got PPP loans: Treasury report Reports: Pedro Munhoz tests positive for COVID-19, out of UFC Fight Island bout vs. Frankie Edgar Pedro Munhoz is the latest UFC fighter to test positive for the novel coronavirus. © Provided by MMAJunkie The Brazilian bantamweight contender is out of his July 15 co-main event bout with Frankie Edgar taking place on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi as part of the UFC’s “Fight Island” series. Munhoz’s removal came after it was first reported by MMA Fusion that he tested positive for COVID-19 prior to Monday’s charter flight from Las Vegas to Abu Dhabi. The news was subsequently confirmed by UFC broadcast partner ESPN. Munhoz did not reply to a text message from MMA Junkie requesting comment. According to ESPN, the UFC is trying to find a replacement opponent for Edgar, who is looking to make his bantamweight debut. Munhoz (18-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) is the third fighter to...
    Bonnie Pointer of The Pointer Sisters Cause of Death Revealed Will Tesla Be Worth More Than Verizon? Reports: Burns out of UFC 251, Masvidal could replace Gilbert Burns is "not feeling well" and has been removed from the UFC 251 main event on July 11, multiple outlets reported Saturday. © Reuters/MATTHEW CHILDS Mixed Martial Arts - UFC Later Saturday, ESPN reported that while Burns will not fight welterweight champion Kamaru Usman at UFC's Fight Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, there are "active negotiations" to book Usman and Jorge Masvidal as the new main event. According to ESPN, negotiations for Usman-Masvidal "aren't close to being finalized yet, but they are ongoing and both sides believe there is a path to making this fight happen." Masvidal passed a coronavirus antibody test on Saturday, the report added, though he would require further testing to be approved for the fight. UFC and Masvidal were unable to reach an agreement in negotiations in recent months, which led to Burns' placement in the title fight. Masvidal was critical of UFC after the fact,...
    Jarrell Miller insists he has never “willingly” taken a performance-enhancing drug after the unbeaten heavyweight reportedly failed another test.  The American was due to do battle with Jerry Forrest at the MGM Grand on July 9; however, the fight has been removed from the schedule amid reports the 31-year-old tested positive for a banned substance.  Miller, nicknamed Big Baby, admitted he “messed up” after missing out on facing Anthony Joshua in June last year, leading to Andy Ruiz Jr replacing him in the main event.  MORE: Whyte to fight Povetkin in Hearn’s “Fight Camp” Speaking to Fight Network, the Brooklyn native revealed he and his team are investigating the current situation. Miller explained: “This is something that was ingested. We don’t know if it was contaminated, but we’re investigating as of right now. Me and my team are just working due diligently to get the facts 100 percent straight.”  Asked towards the end of the YouTube interview whether he had ever willingly taken performance-enhancing drugs, Miller replied: “No, I have never ever willingly taken a steroid for performance-enhancement purposes. No.  “Did I take something for healing properties, for injury? Yes I have. Before a fight to win a...
1