Sunday, Dec 04, 2022 - 06:58:22
1000 results - (0.004 seconds)

because:

latest news at page 1:
    LAPD officer Houston Tipping who died during police training was targeted because he was investigating fellow cops for an alleged gang rape, his lawyer has claimed. The 32-year-old suffered a fatal spinal cord injury after he fell down while holding another officer in a 'bear hug' grappling exercise on May 26 at the Police Academy in what a coroner ruled was an accident. But Brad Gage, the attorney for Tipping's mother Shirley Huffman, has made the bombshell claims that the officer was a whistleblower in an assault case that involved four other officers 10 months before his death. Tipping wrote a report on the alleged assault and one of the cops said to be involved was present when he died, Gage said. The department said at the time that Tipping, a five year veteran of the LAPD who also served as a bike instructor in the City of Angels, was injured while 'grappling' with another officer and referred to his death as a 'horrible accident.'   But in her lawsuit, Huffman alleges he was 'repeatedly struck in the head severely enough...
    Just over 20 years after his abrupt departure from the wildly popular kids show Blue's Clues, Steve Burns returns in the trailer for the new Paramount Plus movie Blue's Big City Adventure. Burns hosted Blue's Clues since its inception in 1995, though he abruptly left in 2001, revealing in a later interview that he was going bald, stating, 'I refused to lose my hair on a kid's TV show, and it was happening, fast.' He returns as his beloved character Steve in Blue's Big City Adventure, which brings Blue and his new owner Josh (Josh Dela Cruz) to New York City, where they meet up with Burns' character Steve.
    The only named child of controversial Georgia senate candidate Herschel Walker has spoken about following a report that the pro-life candidate secretly paid for a former lover's abortion.  Christian Walker, 22, the son of the former NFL star and his college sweetheart, Cindy Grossman, said on Twitter: 'Every family member of Herschel Walker asked him not to run for office, because we all knew (some of) his past.' He continued: 'Every single one. He decided to give us the middle finger and air out all of his dirty laundry in public, while simultaneously lying about it.'     Walker's campaign has denied the new story accusing the former football star of paying for a partner's abortion in 2009.  In response to The Daily Beast's shocking new article which was published on Monday, in which the woman in question showed the report a personalized check and card she received from Walker, a spokesman for his campaign called it a 'false story.' Christian Walker, 22, is the son of Herschel Walker and his college sweetheart, Cindy Grossman Christian wrote about his father's campaign saying: 'Every...
    Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz told a prosecution psychiatrist he began contemplating a mass murder during middle school, doing extensive research on earlier killers to learn their methods and mistakes to shape his own plans, video played at his penalty trial showed on Monday. Cruz told Dr. Charles Scott during a March jailhouse interview that five years before he murdered 17 at Parkland's Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on February 14, 2018, he read about the 1999 murder of 13 at Colorado's Columbine High School, which sparked the idea of his own mass killing.  Cruz told Scott how Columbine, the 2007 murder of 32 at Virginia Tech University and the 2012 killing of 12 at a Colorado movie theater all played a part in his preparation. 'I studied mass murderers and how they did it,' Cruz told Scott. 'How they planned, what they got and what they used.'  Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooter Nikolas Cruz is shown at the defense table during the penalty phase of Cruz's trial at the Broward County Courthouse in Fort Lauderdale Cruz is...
    An Arizona Walgreens pharmacy delayed the refill of a teenage girl's life-saving arthritis medication that can induce an abortion following the state's termination ban - despite her not being pregnant. Emma Thompson, 14, was unable to refill rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis medication, known as methotrexate, days after Arizona's abortion law was enacted that will punish parties responsible for assisting in pregnancy termination on September 24. Thompson's doctor was 'livid' and argued the teenager was denied the medication on September 26 that keeps her out of the hospital because she is a female. 'Welcome to AZ,' Dr. Deborah Jane Power wrote on Twitter. 'Today a pharmacist denied the MTX refill for my adolescent patient... MTX denied purely because she's a female, barely a teenager.' 'This child's care has taken a lot to get her to a place that her pain is totally manageable [and] she can attend school in person,' Power later told KOLD News 13. 'My concern was that the pharmacist chose to not refill because methotrexate could be used to cause an abortion and then the pharmacist would be held...
    President Joe Biden assured the people of Puerto Rico on Monday that 'all of America is with you' as the island struggles to cope with the damage from Hurricane Fiona. 'We came here in person to show that we're with you. All of America is with you as you receive and recover and rebuild,' he said during a visit to Ponce, Puerto Rico, with first lady Jill Biden and FEMA administrator Deanne Criswell. Biden vowed to deliver quick assistance to the island, where tens of thousands of people still don't have power after Fiona struck the island on Sept. 18. 'We work together to help rebuild Puerto Rico and I mean, rebuild it all. And rebuild it in a resilient way so you know when the storms come again, which they will, they're not having the damage they caused before,' he said. He noted he was 'confident' that he can meet Governor Pedro Pierluisi's request to extend major disaster declaration for 180 days. Power has been restored to about 90% of the U.S. territory of 3.2 million people, 44% of whom live below...
    The Los Angeles Democratic mayoral race between Karen Bass and billionaire Rick Caruso - and their clashes over the Church of Scientology - took center stage today at a hearing about the upcoming rape trial of That '70s Show star Danny Masterson. Jury selection for the trial is scheduled to start on October 11 at LA Superior Court's downtown criminal court where the Scientologist actor, 46, has pleaded not guilty to raping three women at his Hollywood Hills home between 2001 and 2003. But today, Masterson's attorney, Philip Cohen, asked Judge Charlaine Olmedo to postpone the trial until after the November 8 mayoral election, arguing that a jury could be prejudiced by remarks both candidates have made in campaign ads, condemning Scientology. One thing Bass and Caruso do agree on is that 'they don't like Scientology,' Cohen told the court. 'The public is being inundated with this (campaign ads) - it is a significant problem for Mr. Masterson.'  That '70s Show actor Danny Masterson appeared in court today ahead of his rape trial in Los Angeles Masterson's lawyer Philip Cohen...
    Rachel Nichols made her first public appearance on Showtime since her departure from ESPN and said 'at least one person' decided to spy on her after she left new recording equipment on. Nichols, 48, was recorded mid-conversation with Adam Mendelsohn, an advisor to many athletes like LeBron James, saying she believed Maria Taylor, 35, took over NBA Finals coverage in 2020 so that the network could promote diversity. She explained on Showtime's 'All The Smoke' podcast, hosted by former NBAers Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes, that she was using new equipment and did not know she hadn't turned off the line connecting her to ESPN's Bristol headquarters. 'At least one person decided to just sit and watch, and started spying on me like I was their own personal TV show,' she said.  'When they heard something they thought was juicy they picked up their phone and started recording my conversation.' Nichols added that ESPN's decision to move Nichols to a sideline reporter role and promote Taylor as host during the 2020 NBA playoffs was in response to a New York...
    New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman said that those close to Donald Trump predict he will run again in 2024 but many say his 'heart's not in it.'  'The second he says he's not, he's irrelevant,' Haberman explained to Politico.  'Everyone I speak to around him says that they believe he's going to run. And, not all of them, but many of them say his heart isn't quite in it.'  The reporter added: 'Now, those two things are not mutually exclusive. You can run and have your heart not be in it. However, we have seen with other people who run when their heart isn't in it, voters actually can tell you it has an impact on how you run.' Haberman, who has broken insider scoops about the Trump administration for years, is releasing a tell-all on Tuesday Confidence Man: The Making of Donald Trump and the Breaking of America.  New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman said that those close to Donald Trump predict he will run again in 2024 but many say his 'heart's not in it' Haberman, who...
    MANCHESTER CITY ace Erling Haaland was deemed TOO EXPENSIVE for Everton in 2018, it has been revealed. Former Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson says he told his beloved Everton to sign the then 18-year-old Molde star after being shown a video of him on a visit to Finch Farm. 3Everton could have signed Haaland for £5m in 2018Credit: Getty 3The Norway star, 22, scored his third Prem hat-trick in just eight games on SundayCredit: Getty 3Haaland's serial goal-scoring reminded ex-Liverpool Mayor Anderson of when his beloved Everton turned the chance to sign the striker downCredit: PA Anderson tweeted: "In 2018 I was at a meeting at Finch Farm with EFC we watched a video of an 18 year old Norwegian Kid played for Molde, wow, he was scoring for fun, Bill Kenwright shouted 'What do think Joe?' "'Sign him', I shouted back, Robert Elstone said & I will never forget 'They want £7million'." It is believed £5m could've brought the goal machine to Goodison Park. But the move was not sanctioned as the fee was deemed too much for a...
    The once iconic Four Seasons Hotel in New York City which has remained closed since the beginning of the pandemic shows no signs of reopening with its billionaire owner in a dispute with the hotel chains over the payment of franchise fees. The 54-story building, located on 57th Street in Manhattan on what's colloquially known as Billionaire's Row nicknamed for its string of luxury skyscraper apartment blocks, sits abandoned with metal barricades blocking the front entrance.  The frontage of the hotel is covered with brown paper and advertisement posters. The fact the Four Seasons has not reopened its doors means it its the outlier compared to its luxury rivals including the The Ritz-Carlton, The Palace, The St. Regis, The Carlyle and Mandarin Oriental which all reopened more than a year ago and are benefitting from the resurgence in luxury travel. New York's Four Seasons Hotel is still closed more than a year after other luxury hotels in the city have reopened City records details how the hotel was not making a profit in 2018 and 2019 Four Seasons has not...
    SKIN is in and size shouldn't matter, according to some. One plus-size diva showed people her true sense of style — even if it means wearing skimpy dresses. 3Charlotte Brown is a UK-based content creator who posts fashion haulsCredit: TikTok/charlottebrown 3She showed her skimpy dress with a message for her hatersCredit: TikTok/charlottebrown 3She revealed the back of the dressCredit: TikTok/charlottebrown Charlotte Brown is a UK-based digital content creator. She took to TikTok to show followers her confidence, while being scantily clad. "Let's have it," she wrote in the caption. "Cue the trolls." She sported a sparkly gold mini dress that left little to the imagination. READ MORE PLUS-SIZESWIm-CREDIBLE I'm plus-size, trolls say I'm 'too big' to wear bikinis but they're insecureCUT A DASH I'm trolled for being plus-size but I don't care - I still wear bras as tops "The dress that all the Karens were complaining about on my other post," she wrote. "Have some more." She expressed that wearing a larger size should not dictate her outfit choices. "Just because I'm plus-sized, doesn't mean I need to hide...
    Security staff at Windsor reportedly let an intruder pretending to Prince Andrew's fiancee into the Royal Lodge because they were 'terrified' of checking with him. Protection expert Philip Grindell claims security staff did not want to 'upset' the Duke of York and were 'terrified of asking him 'is anyone turning up?'' It is claimed the trespasser, a Spanish woman in her 40s, tricked her way into the premises by saying that her name was Irene Windsor, she was the prince's fiancee, and she was there for a date with him, the Daily Express reported. Speaking at the annual International Security Expo, held at Kensington Olympia, Mr Grindell said Andrew was a 'pain in the a***' and for anyone who had worked with him, an 'unpleasant character'. Referencing the intruder, Mr Grindell said that because staff did not want to upset the Duke of York by asking if he was expecting guests, no one quizzed the woman, believing her tale, and let her through the gate. Protection expert Philip Grindell claims security staff did not want to 'upset' the Duke of...
    A woman who says she moved to Portland, Oregon for its progressive values has accused the mayor of scoffing at her after she confronted him over the city's homelessness crisis. At a virtual city council meeting on Wednesday, Gillian Rose slammed Portland's handling of its homeless population, saying the squalid encampments that are pervasive around the city make life miserable for residents. 'You have to stop enabling this,' said a visibly emotional Rose. 'I'm angry and I'm sad and I'm fed up, and I'm so sick of having politicians pander to a woke agenda that's been nothing short of an epic failure.' Mayor Ted Wheeler, a Democrat, chuckled audibly as he responded, saying, 'thank you, you've made your point emphatically clear. Thank you for being here and sharing your perspective, we do appreciate it.'  Portland resident Gillian Rose accused Mayor Ted Wheeler of scoffing at her after she slammed the city's handling of its homeless population A homeless encampment is seen on a residential street in Portland earlier this year After the meeting, Rose said that Wheeler had scoffed at her...
    WE’VE all had that moment when you really want to treat yourself to a nice meal and go out, even if you’ll be by yourself. But one TikToker found their plans to do this ruined when they arrived only to be turned away because they were a solo diner. 3Sunshine was approached by a worker who told refused her entryCredit: TikTok/@sunshine_inthekitchen 3The restaurant apparently has a policy of not allowing single guestsCredit: TikTok/@sunshine_inthekitchen Sharing the story of how her evening took a downward turn Sunshine Chavez took to her TikTok page @sunshine_inthekitchen. Wanting to grab some Korean BBQ, Sunshine put her name down for a table, but was quickly told by a restaurant worker that there is a minimum of two people per table. In the caption of the clip, Sunshine explains a bit more about what happened, writing: “When the restaurant doesn’t let you dine in because you’re a party of 1. And you’re told next time bring a friend.” She then adds: "Maybe I’m just hungry and emotional but I definitely cried in my car :(" before add...
    There were two palpable emotions inside the AdventHealth Training Center after the Orlando Magic’s practice on Friday: excitement and empathy. The enthusiasm to return to the facility was evident after the Magic canceled Wednesday and Thursday’s practices because of Hurricane Ian. It was also clear how the hurricane’s impact on the Orlando and Central Florida communities was at the forefront of players’ and coaches’ minds. “We’re fortunate enough to be here, yes, and we got practice underway but our thoughts and prayers are going out to the people who’ve been impacted and affected by Hurricane Ian,” coach Jamahl Mosley said. “I really want to make sure they understand that our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with them. The community needs to understand we’re with them and continuing to think about them.” The thoughts have been backed up with action. The DeVos Family Foundation announced Friday afternoon it’s donating $1 million to assist with Hurricane Ian relief efforts in Central Florida and across the state. The DeVos Family Foundation (DVFF) and the Magic are working with local partners and officials to...
    PSYCHOPATHIC serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer "taunted" fellow inmates because he "wanted to die", a leading interviewer who sat down with the notorious murderer has claimed. Six-time Emmy award-winning producer and writer Nancy Glass interviewed Dahmer in 1993 for CNN's Inside Edition, a year before he was killed behind bars at the hands of a fellow inmate. 4A journalist who interviewed serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer believes he 'wanted' to dieCredit: YouTube 4CNN Inside Edition's Nancy Glass spoke to Dahmer in prison in 1993 4Dahmer murdered and dismembered 17 young men and boysCredit: Getty Speaking to The Sun Online, Nancy explains why she believes Dahmer "wanted to die" as a way to escape his unnatural urges. Nancy spent over a year and a half securing the exclusive interview with the serial killer, building up a relationship with him and his family. "He was not pleased with the interview," she said. "His family were so angry. They said to me, 'You've made him look like a monster!'" Nancy's view was that Dahmer "made himself look like a monster". READ MORE ON JEFFREY DAHMERJAIL...
    by Debra Heine   The CEO of a crisis pregnancy center in Buffalo, New York, says the police and FBI will not give back his surveillance footage from the night abortion extremists firebombed his facility because they are afraid it may inspire rightwing violence. The perpetrators have not been caught, and the FBI does not seem to have even investigated the act of pro-abort terrorism, nor any of the other acts of violence against pro-life centers and churches this year. Since May, there have been 98 attacks reported against churches, pro-life pregnancy centers, maternity homes, and other pro-life organizations, according to the Catholic News Agency tracker. “We need equal protection under the law,” said CompassCare CEO Reverend James Harden, Thursday evening on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” Compasscare was heavily damaged in a terroristic firebombing in the early morning hours of June 7. Windows in the CompassCare reception room and nurses’ office were broken and fires were lit at approximately 2:30 a.m. Jane’s Revenge, the same militant pro-abortion group that has taken credit for multiple attacks against pro-life facilities this year, left graffiti...
    A federal appeals court judge appointed by former President Donald Trump has said he will no longer hire clerks from Yale Law School, which he says is plagued by 'cancel culture' and students disrupting conservative speakers. US Circuit Judge James Ho gave a speech at a Federalist Society conference in Kentucky on Thursday, where he said Yale 'not only tolerates the cancellation of views - it actively practices it.'  Ho has urged his fellow judges to likewise boycott the Ivy League institution which has been the scene for several controversies over an allegedly 'woke' culture among students and faculty leading to several flashpoints in this year alone. Among the events he cited was one in March in which Kristen Waggoner, now the president of the conservative religious rights group Alliance Defending Freedom, was disrupted by students supporting the LGBTQ community during a talk, which police attended. Waggoner previously had defended a Colorado baker who refused to make a cake for a gay wedding in a case before the Supreme Court. She gave a statement after the judge's comments, saying, 'Yale still...
    LITTLE People star Tori Roloff has confessed that she's struggling, revealing that son Josiah "will not sleep" and the family is suffering. The TLC star admitted, however, that she was "exaggerating" slightly. 5Tori Roloff has admitted that she's struggling with motherhood againCredit: Instagram 5The star alleged that her son Josiah "will not sleep"Credit: Instagram/toriroloff Tori shared a candid confession with fans, revealing that she's facing some serious challenges with her youngest son Josiah. The reality star shared a video of the baby sitting in the bathtub, making noises while enjoying the water. She captioned the Instagram Story post: "The only thing we can do these days without crying. He would be in here all day if I would let him. "This kid will just not sleep...it's making the whole house slightly miserable. But he's so cute and it's hard to stay mad." More Little PeopleBIG WORRIES Little People's Isabel sparks concern as she wants to 'protect her heart'MAKING A SPLASH Little People's Audrey shows off post-baby body in a swimsuit In another slide, Tori shared a sweet photo of...
    Nancy Pelosi questioned why Governor Ron DeSantis is flying migrants to Democratic jurisdictions, claiming the farmers in Florida need immigrants to 'pick the crops down there.' The confusing parallel was made during the House Speaker's press conference on Friday a few weeks after DeSantis pulled a stunt sending a flight of 50 migrants to the wealthy Massachusetts island of Martha's Vineyard. 'We have a shortage of workers in our country,' Pelosi said as an argument for the country needing immigration reform. 'You see even in Florida, some of the farmers and the growers saying 'why are you shipping these immigrants up North? We need them to pick the crops down here,'' she claimed.  'But that doesn't mean that we don't recognize our moral responsibility as well,' the California Democrat added. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday that Governor Ron DeSantis should stop sending migrants north because farmers 'need them to pick the crops down here.' A class action lawsuit was filed against DeSantis following his migrant flight with a group claiming he misled those who boarded into thinking their destinations were...
    Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer jokingly accused Republican Senator Roy Blunt of being a descendent of Aaron Burr after a statue of Harry Truman replaced one of Alexander Hamilton in the Capitol. Burr shot and fatally wounded Hamilton in the July 1804 duel in Weehawken, New Jersey. Schumer was giving Blunt grief after a statue of former President Harry Truman, from Blunt’s home state of Missouri, replaced a statue of Hamilton, from Schumer’s home state of New York, in the Capitol rotunda on Thursday. ‘Sen. Schumer found out that they were moving the Hamilton statue out of the Rotunda and at the bipartisan BBQ lunch he jokingly accused Sen. Roy Blunt of being a descendant of Aaron Burr,’ a source familiar with the conversation told DailyMail.com. Schumer, a lifelong New Yorker, also gave Democratic Senator Amy Klobuchar grief about the move. Klobuchar and Blunt are the chair and ranking members of the Senate rules committee, which handles items like placement of statues in the Capitol building. Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer jokingly accused Republican Senator Roy Blunt of being a...
    TODAY show meteorologist Al Roker has revealed that he has Covid-19 in a video he shared with fans who have been concerned about his unexpected absence from the morning program. Al, 68, posted a video to Instagram explaining that he's feeling fine and hopes to get back to the Today show soon. 2Al Roker posted an Instagram video addressing his absence from the Hurricane Ian coverageCredit: Instagram/alroker 2Al Roker said he may be returning to the show on MondayCredit: Getty "The reason I haven't been part of the Hurricane Ian coverage is I tested positive for Covid," he said in his Instagram video. "It's not because I'm on vacation or something else is wrong." Roker said he feels well and the symptoms are not very apparent. "I got boosted last week. And the science works. I don't feel anything really and all is good," he said. Read more on Al RokerPOOR AL! Today's Al Roker reveals a major ‘first’ and confesses he ‘must be getting old’ROKER'S OVER IT! Today's Al Roker GLARES at co-hosts in uncomfortable live TV...
    During his four years in the White House, Donald Trump — with the help of then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — appointed not only three U.S. Supreme Court Justices (Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch), but also, a long list lower federal court judges. One of them was U.S. Circuit Judge James C. Ho, who, according to Reuters, is now boycotting Yale Law School clerks because of “cancel culture.” During a Federalist Society speech in Kentucky on Thursday, September 29, Ho claimed that Yale “not only tolerates the cancellation of views — it actively practices it.” And Ho, stressing that he is no longer hiring law clerks from Yale, encouraged other right-wing judges to boycott Yale as well. Ho said of Yale, “Cancellations and disruptions seem to occur with special frequency.” READ MORE: These Supreme Court cases 'could reshape the 2024 election': report One of the incidents Ho cited involved Kristen Waggoner, who now heads the far-right Christian fundamentalist legal group Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF). The Southern Poverty Law Center considers ADF, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, an anti-gay...
    A UK vet has gone viral on TikTok after sharing a video revealing which five dogs breeds he would 'personally consider getting'. The creator, known as @ben.the.vet, listed the pros and cons of his top favourite breeds in the clip which racked up nearly 42,000 views.  According to the vet, greyhounds are 'gentle' and their are many in need of loving home after their racing careers finish and border terrier's as they are 'affectionate'  and form 'strong attachments with people'. Starting from five and working backwards he listing the greyhound at number five saying: 'They may not look very cuddly but they are really gentle and their are so many of them needing home after their racing careers end.' He added that they commonly suffer with 'very bad teeth' so he said 'put in the effort from the beginning to get their 'teeth brushed.' The creator, known as @ben.the.vet, listed the pros and cons of his top favourite breeds in the clip which racked up nearly 42,000 views According to the vet, greyhounds are 'gentle' and their are many in need...
    A GRANDMA has slammed a jobsworth council after they fined her £1,000 for failing to remove dog poo from her own garden - despite it happening over two YEARS ago. Alison Dawson, who suffers from anxiety and depression, claims she only found out she'd been penalised after being shamed on Facebook by vile Durham County Council last week. 2Durham County Council shared grim pictures of Alison's backyard with piles and piles of dog poo scattered on itCredit: SWNS 2But Alison claims she was depressed and poorly so could not clean up after her two Staffies in South Moor, County DurhamCredit: SWNS The 48-year-old, who has two Staffies at her home in South Moor, County Durham, had however been sent notices from the council, including a Community Protection Notice (CPN). But she ignored numerous letters to remove the waste from her yard – and was summoned to court. A post on the Durham County Council wardens page read : "A female from South Moor has been prosecuted for failing to comply with a Community Protection Notice (CPN)... "hich required her to...
    PAUL IFILL revealed that he was dropped for the Sheffield derby after manager Neil Warnock's wife had a DREAM about it. The striker, 42, played under Warnock from 2005 to 2007 at the Yorkshire club. 2It's been revealed that Warnock would sometimes pick the team based on his wife's dreamsCredit: Getty Images - Getty 2Paul Ifil was dropped for the Sheffield derby and his replacement scored the winnerCredit: PA:Press Association And he explained how he was dropped for the big Sheffield derby against Wednesday thanks to Sharon Warnock. He tweeted: "Been telling people about his wife’s dreams for years! "He once dropped me because of her dream the night before the Sheffield derby he replaced me with Alan Quinn who scored the only goal! Madness." Incredibly the switch led to a victory, with Ifill's replacement scoring the winning strike. READ MORE FOOTBALL STORIESHALF QAT England fans can drink for 17hrs A DAY in Qatar as WC chiefs draft in Glasto team Amazingly it's not the only time that's happened, according to Darren Ambrose. Warnock's wife once dreamed a RIGHT-BACK...
    The CEO of a tech firm based in Boston has shared with investors how he had been 'praying for inflation' because it is 'good for business'.  William Meaney, CEO of Iron Mountain, a data storage and management company, stated how higher prices also benefitted the company's bottom line. During an investors call on September 20, Meaney said he had been 'doing my inflation dance praying for inflation', according to an audio transcript of his speech. Meaney essentially admitted that raising prices more than covered the company's increase in costs while adding to the firm's profit margin. William Meaney, CEO of Iron Mountain a data storage and management company, stated how higher prices also benefitted the company's bottom line 'Raising prices obviously covers our increased costs, but … a lot of that flows down to the bottom line,' he said.  'Where we've had inflation running at fairly rapid rates … we're able to price ahead of inflation', according to audio on The Intercept. 'I wish I didn't do such a good dance, but that's more on a personal basis than on a business...
    MILLIONS of women are at risk of a deadly cancer because they're missing vital signs, experts have warned. New data shows that a shocking 41 per cent of women in the UK don't check their breasts on a regular basis. 1Experts have urged women to check their breasts more often in order to prevent deadly cancerCredit: Getty Breast cancer is the most common form of the illness in women and cases are rising. Experts at Breast Cancer Now have urged all women to get to know 'their normal' so they are able to spot any changes. The figures also revealed that 42 per cent of women 'forget' to check their breasts, with 31 per cent not being in the habit of checking at all. Around 18 per cent of women said they lacked confidence when it comes to checking themselves, with 15 per cent saying they didn't know how to. Read more on breast cancer SHOCK DIAGNOSIS I missed my mammogram - now I have breast cancer, says Sun's Deidre SandersMUM'S AGONY I was told burning pain was a clogged...
    NEIL WARNOCK's wife once dreamed a RIGHT-BACK would score the winning goal in one of her husband's FA Cup ties - and her premonition came true. Ahead of Crystal Palace's fourth-round replay with Wolves in 2010, Warnock's wife Sharon had a vivid dream that the tie would be settled by a full-back. 4Neil Warnock's wife Sharon predicted a right-back would decide Crystal Palace's 2010 FA Cup fourth-round replay with WolvesCredit: PA 4And she was proven right as right-back Danny Butterfield found the back of the netCredit: GETTY 4Butterfield ended up scoring a hat-trick to fire Palace into the fifth-roundCredit: GETTY Ever the trusting husband, Warnock put faith in Sharon's dream and opted to throw then second-choice right-back Danny Butterfield up top. Sharon's premonition, stunningly, came true as Butterfield scored the perfect hat-trick - much to the amazement of ex-Palace midfielder Darren Ambrose. During an appearance on talkSPORT, the retired midfielder recalled: "We got a draw away and we're playing them at home. READ MORE FOOTBALL NEWSHALF QAT England fans can drink for 17hrs A DAY in Qatar as WC chiefs...
    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez laid out Thursday how abortion is an economic issue - especially for working class would-be mothers.  'Abortion is an economic issue,' she said over Zoom at a House Oversight Committee hearing. 'Forcing poor and working class people to give birth against their will, against their consent, against their ability to provide, for themselves or a child, is a profound economic issue.' The New York Democrat was countering comments made by Kansas Republican Rep. Jake LaTurner, who had said during the hearing that Democrats should be spending their time focusing on economic issues like inflation and energy.  AOC called abortion bans a way to 'keep a workforce basically conscripted' to companies, forcing people to take 'second and third jobs against their desire and their own autonomy.' Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez laid out Thursday how abortion is an economic issue - especially for working class would-be mothers Abortion rights protesters gathered at Federal Courthouse Plaza in Austin, Texas in the aftermath of the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade  'And so the idea that abortion and access to abortion...
    There have been times when I’ve wanted to blame Instagram for my marriage ending but I know what — or who — is really to blame. And that’s me. One summer morning in July 2019, I noticed my husband, Graham, had posted a picture of his empty plate on Instagram, having polished off a vegan breakfast at a local cafe. He pronounced it ‘yummy’ and, underneath in the comments, a woman had written her agreement, that yes, it was ‘yummy’. Curious, I clicked on her profile — and my life fell apart. On her social media page, there was picture after picture of my husband with her. One featured a ‘Danger of Falling’ sign, like you get on a cliff. Underneath it someone had written ‘. . . for a beautiful lady. Too late I’m already in deep!’ I immediately recognised my husband’s handwriting and it was then I realised that I had a huge problem. I confronted Graham that evening and he admitted it was his writing. He told me he had been seeing this woman for four months....
    A CEO of a Florida-base company where Hurricane Ian is raging asked her employees to bring their pets and children into work and invited them to stay overnight as she wanted to 'have a good end of quarter'. Employees of PostcardMania, a marketing firm headquartered in Clearwater, were encouraged to attend a Zoom call where CEO and founder Joy Gendusa made a few remarks. But those who might have anticipated being sent home early in light of the hurricane ravaging the state were disappointing. Instead, employees were invited to come into the office where others would 'start blowing up those air mattresses' as the hurricane hit. Soon after, a post from the firm's Instagram emerged showing the company's announcing that it would be closing its offices over Wednesday and Thursday, but not before comments from social media had flooded in criticizing the CEO's call. PostcardMania founder and CEO Joy Gendusa encouraged employees of her Florida-based company to come and work in the office with their children and pets because she wanted 'a good end of quarter'. Pictured: Gendusa poses with her dog and...
    OROVILLE — The water level at Lake Oroville is lowering and the early seasonal rainfall hasn’t been enough to bring it back up. Three of the five ramps surrounding the lake have closed because of low water levels with only Bidwell and Loafer Point still available to the public for boat launching. According to the California Department of Water Resources, which oversees lake operations, both open ramps are expected to stay open as they run deep into the lake. Additionally, boat ramps at the Thermalito Afterbay and South Forebay are open as well. While dozens of boats still span the water at Lime Saddle, many mariners and houseboat owners are once again finding it difficult to access their boats as well as the mainland. DWR said Lime Saddle was closed in the last week of August and the Spillway boat ramp was closed Sept. 19. Loafer Creek hasn’t been open since 2020. Around noon on Monday, the marina and dock were deserted of people. Workers were out to lunch and people with boats out on the water were few and...
    Prince William and King Charles have been 'brought closer' by Megxit, while Prince Andrew will be axed from royal events after losing the 'protection' of the Queen, a royal author claimed today.  Katie Nicholl, author of The New Royals: Queen Elizabeth's Legacy and the Future of the Crown, said the heir to the throne chats with his father 'almost every day', with the pair 'on the same page' over the future of the monarchy.  She said their vision includes preventing Andrew from maintaining a visible role in the Royal Family in an attempt to move on from 'scandals past and present'. This was a reference to his relationship with paedophile US billionaire Jeffrey Epstein and claims - which he has long denied - that he sexually assaulted Virginia Giuffre when she was 17.  Ms Nicholl told Lorraine: ‘I think Megxit inevitably brought William and Charles closer together. Charles already has the plan for his first five years ready to go and he’s ready to hit the ground running and impress us as King. ‘Now Charles and William holiday together and speak on the...
    by Just the News Staff   The White House on Wednesday afternoon offered its explanation for President Biden earlier in the day called out for a dead congresswoman at an executive conference. Biden at the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition & Health appeared to be searching the crowd for the late Rep. Jackie Walorski, the Indiana representative who died last month in a vehicle accident. Asked about the mistake at a press conference on Wednesday afternoon, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said the president was “acknowledging [Walorski’s] incredible work” in bringing the conference to fruition before her death. “He had already planned to welcome the congresswoman’s family to the White House on Friday,” Jean-Pierre said, arguing that Walorski was “at top of mind for the president” during the conference. Pressed on Biden’s apparent confusion at not seeing Walorski at the event, Jean-Pierre responded: “I just explained, she was on top of mind.” Reporter: "What happened when Biden said where is Jackie Walorski?" Jean-Pierre: "The president was acknowledging her incredible work." Reporter: "He said Jackie, Jackie, where is Jackie?" Jean-Pierre:...
    The Orlando Magic’s training camp schedule took another hit because of Hurricane Ian. The Magic, who didn’t practice Wednesday because the storm was looming, canceled Thursday’s practice in light of the hurricane making landfall in southwest Florida Wednesday afternoon. Hurricane Ian made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane near Cayo Costa. Ian, which was down to a Category 2 storm as it was making its way to Central Florida, was located about 40 miles northeast of Punta Gorda and 85 miles south-southwest of Orlando as of 9 p.m. The Magic opened training camp with two sessions on Tuesday but haven’t been able to practice since. As of Wednesday evening, it wasn’t known if the Magic will practice Friday — three days before playing their first preseason game against the Grizzlies in Memphis Monday. “We’re just going to keep monitoring it and see how we go about doing things,” coach Jamahl Mosley said on Tuesday. “Safety is going to be the first priority for these guys and their families. “We were just communicating with the guys the things we could be...
    An Australian professional cleaner has explained why invisible linear shower drains are the one thing she would never have in her house because they 'impossible' to keep clean. The cleaner, who goes by @cleanlikeapro on TikTok, shared a video of herself attempting to clean a filthy shower drain in someone else's home. 'These shower drains are the worst. I would never have these in my home. They are a nightmare to clean,' she said. Scroll for video  An Australian professional clearer and TikTok sensation shares the one thing she would never have in her house is invisible linear shower drains 'Brace yourself. Here's another thing I will never have in my house from the perspective of a professional cleaner. These drains... oh my! I actually have no words. 'They just trap everything and as you can see there is a full head of hair in this drain, amongst other things. These drains need to be cleaned on a regular basis, because if they don't, you get this. 'I can imagine that this shower would have water pooling in the bottom...
    \u201cI deleted my tweet from yesterday because it was offensive to the trans community. I want to be an ally, but I make mistakes. A lot of them. Thank you to those who left rebuking comments.\u201d — Rachel Vindman \ud83c\udf3b (@Rachel Vindman \ud83c\udf3b) 1664374096 DeSantis entered office in 2019 and is seeking reelection during the Sunshine State's 2022 gubernatorial contest. "I will harass Gov DeSantis again & again. He deserves it. He's eroded trust in all levels of government & removed experienced & competent people. He’s spent his entire time in office auditioning for the White House & soon that will become tragically apparent to all," Vindman declared in another tweet on Wednesday. \u201cI will harass Gov DeSantis again & again. \n\nHe deserves it. \n\nHe\u2019s eroded trust in all levels of government & removed experienced & competent people. \n\nHe\u2019s spent his entire time in office auditioning for the White House & soon that will become tragically apparent to all.\u201d — Rachel Vindman \ud83c\udf3b (@Rachel Vindman \ud83c\udf3b) 1664380150 When someone claimed that the Florida governor is relishing the attention...
    Former President Donald Trump would tell certain White House guests that he had a personal 'secret bathroom' just off the Oval Office renovated after succeeding Barack Obama – using language one guest took to have racist subtext.  The claim, which was based on how the visitor took the odd comment, is included in New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman's new book on Trump, Confidence man. The book, which is out Tuesday, includes an account of the strange comment about the bathroom just off the Oval Office, which Trump would sometimes refer to as the 'Monica room,' after former President Bill Clinton's trysts with a White House intern – bringing his twin obsessions with Obama and Clinton into the same cramped space.  'When Trump showed visitors his workplace, he invited some to peer into what he periodically described as his "secret bathroom," which he occasionally presented with the claim he had renovated the entire space down to the toilet,' Haberman writes. Former President Donald Trump would tell guests about his 'secret bathroom' off the Oval Office, and claimed he had it...
    CNN anchor Don Lemon and CNN legal analyst Elie Honig have a strong hunch that Trump attorney Chris Kise has been “sidelined” from leading the Mar-a-Lago defense because he won’t lie for former President Donald Trump. Kise is the attorney who quit his job at a prestigious firm and got a $3 million payday to lead the defense team for the Mar-a-Lago Espionage Act investigation. CNN’s Kaitlan Collins reported that after only a few weeks, Kise has been “sidelined” from that case, but that “reason for the shift in Kise’s role remains unclear.” On Tuesday night’s edition of CNN’s Don Lemon Tonight, Lemon and Honig settled on a likely reason, without definitively saying so — that Kise may have been unwilling to lie for Trump: LEMON: I want to ask about this. Trump has a new addition to his legal team. His name is Chris Kise. He’s getting sidelined from Mar-a- Lago documents investigation. He was the big name brought up less than a month ago to really represent Trump on the issue, even negotiated a $3 million-payment up front. He may...
    A NURSE has revealed she's treated like "dumb eye candy" because she wears sexy outfits, despite having a college degree and speaking three languages. Kat Wong got straight As in high school before earning a GPA of 3.9 in her college degree - which she majored in nursing. 5Kat Wong, 26, is a nurse and was a straight A studentCredit: Instagram/katkwo4/ 5But she says men treat her like 'dumb eye candy' because she wears sexy cosplay outfitsCredit: Instagram/katkwo4/ Despite this, the 26-year-old cosplay fan revealed that because she dons sexy outfits for her social media posts - “a tiny minority” of men regard her as “dumb eye candy”. In an exclusive interview, she says: “Ninety nine per cent of guys are totally cool and treat me with dignity and respect. “Unfortunately there is that tiny minority who think that just because I’m not dressed like a nun, I must be an easy airhead. “It’s infuriating because I worked my a** off in high school and college to get where I am today. Read more real life storiesSWIm-CREDIBLE I'm plus-size, trolls...
    by Ronna McDaniel   This November, Americans are facing a simple decision. Voters will choose between common sense and crazy, between affirming America’s values of freedom and prosperity or continuing the far-left’s plunge into lawless chaos. Last week, Leader Kevin McCarthy released House Republicans’ Commitment to America, a plan to address the issues that matter most to voters — to create a strong economy, a safe nation, a free America, and an accountable government. Republican policies work and can deliver a brighter, more prosperous alternative to Joe Biden and Democrats’ record of high prices, surging crime and failed big government. While Democrats launched historic inflation and crippled American energy independence, Republicans will deliver a strong economy. This starts with putting an end to Bidenflation: Democrats caused inflation with trillions in reckless spending, voted to raise taxes during a recession, and passed a bill allegedly aimed at curbing inflation which will likely make it even worse. Instead, Republicans will put more money back into Americans’ pockets and boost small businesses by cutting costs, passing pro-growth policies, and incentivizing people to work with good-paying jobs. It’s the...
    The United States Department of Justice submitted a brief to United States District Judge Raymond Dearie – the special master in the ongoing saga of former President Donald Trump's hoard of top-secret documents at Mar-a-Lago – that it needs more time to procure a third-party vendor to digitize the materials. "Plaintiff informed us this morning that none of the five document-review vendors proposed by the government before last Tuesday’s preliminary conference were willing to be engaged by Plaintiff," the Tuesday filing states. "Based on applicable procurement regulations, the government is not able to select and engage a vendor before tomorrow (Wednesday, September 28, 2022)." It also reveals that "consistent with the Appointment Order, the government expects Plaintiff to pay the vendor’s invoices promptly when rendered." READ MORE: Donald Trump's special master rebukes judge for limiting his ability to do his job Additionally, the Justice Department maintains that even though Trump "makes three objections to the Amended Case Management Plan, the three objections are different" and that "all are without merit." Trump, the DOJ continues, "brought this civil, equitable proceeding. He...
    Bill Maher, who this spring predicted that Democrats would lose big in the midterm elections, now says abortion "is going to be the turning point for this midterm election" and that the party may be able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. In a recent interview, Maher said "things have really turned around” since his last prediction. INFLATION AVALANCHE: 71% OF WORKERS SAY COST OF LIVING OUTPACING PAY IN NEW POLL "I think what we’re finding out is: Kids are brats, and no one wants them,” he told the Hill. “The Republicans are the dog that caught the car with abortion," he explained. He further claimed that Republicans have been attempting to ban the procedure for half a century and added that they backtrack when asked about the issue. Bill Maher arrives at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. Evan Agostini/Evan Agostini/Invision/AP “We already know that there’s so many new voters who have registered because of that very reason,” Maher continued. “And not just women. There’s lots of men also...
    Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia compared Democrats to wild hogs and said both were 'destroying farmers' ability to put food on the table' in a head-scratcher of a fundraising video on Tuesday. The firebrand conservative is advertising the chance to go hunt the invasive animals with her in Texas.  One entry into the contest is free, but supporters are able to increase their chances of being chosen by donating to her Congressional campaign. The 45-second clip opens with Greene walking across a dark and stormy field armed with what appears to be an automatic rifle. Other shots show aerial views of wild pigs running interspersed with shots of Greene in a helicopter taking aim at them. At one point, she grins while squatting over a dead hog. 'We've got skyrocketing inflation, high diesel fuel, and Democrats' America Last policies,' Greene says while standing in front of the chopper. 'Democrats aren't the only ones destroying farmers' ability to put food on the table - we've got wild hogs destroying farmers' fields.' She continued, 'So we decided to go hog...
    President Joe Biden used a Rose Garden speech on touting his work reducing healthcare costs to launch a political attack on Republicans, accusing them of plotting the abolition of Social Security if they take back Congress. The warning is designed to win over older voters, a key demographic in November's midterm elections. Biden held the event to advertise that Americans will pay less next year on monthly premiums for Medicare 's Part B plan, which covers routine doctors' visits and other outpatient care. But he quickly pivoted to contrast his administration's plans with those of his opponents.  He brandished a copy of Sen. Rick Scott's '11-point plan to rescue America' and said it effectively meant social security programs would be 'on the chopping block' every five years. Scott heads the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which puts him at the forefront of his party's campaign to retake the Senate. 'Okay, I won't read through all of it,' said Biden. 'But it says all federal legislation sunsets in five years. If it is worth keeping. Congress can pass it again.  'Translated: If you...
    A woman who went to the emergency room for bloating and constipation was stunned to discover that she was actually six months pregnant. Abby Pollock, 28, a fitness influencer from Canada, suffers from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) - a chronic condition that affects the stomach and intestines - so she brushed off many of the pregnancy signs as symptoms of the disorder.  She always had irregular periods so she wasn't alarmed when she missed some - and she didn't develop a bump for the first part of the pregnancy, as she later found out that the baby was positioned behind her pelvic bone. So when she started to suffer from severe abdominal pain, bloating, and constipation back in June, it didn't occur to her that she was expecting her first child.  Surprise! A woman who went to the emergency room for bloating and constipation was stunned to discover that she was actually six months pregnant Abby Pollock, 28, a fitness influencer from Canada, suffers from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) - so she brushed off many of the pregnancy signs as...
    Horrific footage shows the moment a Tennessee high school law enforcement officer grabbed and pepper sprayed an 18-year-old after the student refused to exit the gym.  Tauris Sledge, 18, was arrested after being tossed around and pepper sprayed by an officer at his Chattanooga, Tennessee-area school on September 20  Tauris Sledge, 18, was in a nearly hour-long struggle with East Ridge High School resource officer Tyler McRae after the deputy was brought to the school gym to intervene in an argument the teenager was having with the psychical education coach on September 20. Sledge told his coach that he was unwell to play kickball but was later seen playing basketball. When confronted, Sledge accused the coach of racism and McRae was brought in to intervene. 'I was feeling sick,' Sledge later explained to the coach multiple times while raising his voice in frustration. 'If I'm feeling sick, I'm gonna be up there on the bleachers. What is you not understanding.' 'Lower your voice, lower your voice,' McRae intervened while placing his hand on Sledge's shoulder. 'Get your hand off me,'...
    A process server who tried to deliver a legal document to Texas AG Ken Paxton said the state's top law enforcement officer ran from his house and jumped into a truck being driven by his wife to avoid being served with a subpoena. According to a court document, the process server waited at Paxton's home for an hour after telling his wife Angela, a state senator, the purpose of his business. Then, he says Paxton 'RAN' from his home and got in a truck that his wife had started in advance. The AG, who was indicted on securities fraud allegations years ago and survived a primary challenge in May, blasted a report in the Texas Tribune about the incident, and gave no indication he was trying to avoid being served. He attacked the media and said he was trying to avoid a 'stranger lingering outside my home,' while citing security threats faced by conservatives. 'This is a ridiculous waste of time and the media should be ashamed of themselves. All across the country, conservatives have faced threats to their safety...