Aug 12, 2022
Crime and Public Safety | Man, youth charged with murdering Oakland Uber driver during attempted carjacking
This news has been received from: mercurynews.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
OAKLAND — A man and a juvenile were charged Friday with murder and attempting to carjack an Uber driver who was waiting for a passenger when he was accosted and fatally shot last month, court records show.
Major Willis, 19, was charged with murder and attempted carjacking. The name, age, and gender of his teenaged co-defendant — who was charged in juvenile court — have not been released.
The victim, 52-year-old Kon Woo Fung, was shot and killed around 11 a.m. July 17, near the intersection of East 22nd Street and 13th Avenue. The two suspects ordered him out of the car, and he was shot when he didn’t comply, according to authorities.
Authorities have not said whether Willis or the youth is suspected to have fired the fatal shots. But the criminal complaint, while charging Willis with several other enhancements, does not include an allegation that he “personally and intentionally” fired a gun during the incident. That is an indication that either police believe the teen killed Fung, or that investigators weren’t able to determine exactly who did what.
Investigators said in court records that both suspects were identified thanks to surveillance video cameras in the area. Willis was arrested Aug. 9 and is being held in Santa Rita Jail in Dublin without bail. He has not yet entered a plea, according to court records.
News Source: mercurynews.com
Tags: mr roadshow opinion columnists cartoons pac 12 hotline celebrities bay area crime homicide regional attempted carjacking charged with murder with murder court records according uber driver was charged
Roy Keane reveals Cristiano Ronaldo had FIVE transfer options this summer as he slams Man Utd for not letting icon leave
ROY KEANE has revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo had "four or five" decent transfer options this summer.
The ex-midfielder, 51, blasted Erik ten Hag for the lack of respect shown to the superstar, having committed to the cause.2Keane said 'for a fact' Ronaldo had options to leave this summerCredit: Getty 2The 37-year-old was left on the bench in the 6-3 thumping at rivals Man CityCredit: Rex
The Portugal captain, 37, was supposedly desperate to leave Manchester United this summer and play in the Champions League.
But he stayed, despite having had a few "very good" options, according to the former Old Trafford legend.
Speaking on Sky Sports, Keane explained: “United are showing disrespect to Ronaldo.
"I think he should have been let go this summer during the transfer window. I don’t think the manager should have held onto him just for him to sit on the bench.READ MORE ON MAN UTDUNITED NEWS PSV 'set' Cody Gakpo price, Goncalo Ramos targeted, Manchester derby build-up,
"He is one of the greatest players ever and he had options to leave this summer.
"The idea that he had no options is rubbish. He had four or five very good options.
"United have shown nothing but disrespect to Ronaldo and they should have let him go when the opportunity came.
"I know for a fact he had options to go, and holding on for him to sit on the bench is ridiculous for a player of his stature.Most read in SportSOCCER STAR Everything to know about JJ Watt's wife, KealiaSHOCK ADMISSION JJ Watt reveals major health scare after someone tried to leak private infoOFF-FIELD SCANDAL Inside the wild Antonio Brown controversies after he flashed hotel guestsORANGE CRUSH Paige VanZant sends fans wild as she poses in nothing but orange underwear
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS - BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
"If you look at his goals record, he had as good a chance as anyone as putting the ball in the net.
"People are obsessed with the pressing side of the game but if you put the ball in the right areas, he will score goals."
Ronaldo was heavily linked with Chelsea but the Blues, along with the likes of Bayern Munich, ruled themselves out of a shock move.
Atletico Madrid were said to have pulled out after a fan backlash over the ex-Real striker.
His agent Jorge Mendes had been searching for a new club all summer — without success.
But Irishman Keane thinks it's now time to forgive and forget.
The 37-year-old Ron didn't play a single minute as the Red Devils were stuffed 6-3 by their local rivals Manchester City.
They were thrashed by the Premier League champions at the Etihad as Phil Foden and Erling Haaland both scored hat-tricks in a one-sided mauling.
Ronaldo started the match on the bench for the fifth league match in a row.
And he did not even see any game time in the closing stages - one of just four substitutes Ten Hag chose not to use.
Following United's two defeats at the start of the campaign, Ten Hag has gone with Marcus Rashford as the central striker, with Ronaldo's only two starts coming in the Europa League.Topics
- Man Utd transfer news
- Premier League
- Transfer News
- Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Roy Keane
Defiant Defoe posts cosy pic with wife as it emerges he begged nurse for sexLive BlogFOOTBALL LATEST
Wolves sack Bruno Lage, Haaland AND Foden score hat-tricks for Man CityLive BlogMAN CITY 6 MAN UTD 3
Hat-tricks for Haaland and Foden before United get late goalsGOAL MACHINE
Premier League top scorers 2022/23: Who is leading race for the Golden Boot?Follow The SunServices
- Sign Up To The Sun
- About Us
- Editorial Complaints
- Clarifications and Corrections
- News Licensing
- Contact Us
- Help Hub
- Topic A-Z
- Cookie Settings
- Contact Preferences